Release date: 2010-02-06 Genre:Drama $12.99
1. What an Inspirational Woman - What a great historical and inspirational story of a wonderfully inspiring woman. Temple Grandin continues to inspire and lead in cutting-edge animal behavioral sciences. Her unique story, personality and insights also show us that ALL of us have something to offer no matter the challenges or obstacles others or life puts in our path. Well worth watching especially if you have a family member that has Asperger’s syndrome or Autism.
2. Great movie about the human spirit - I actually caught this movie on hbo last week. I wasn’t sure I’d like it but I have a niece and nephew that have issues, more-so along the lines of adhd but I’ve always felt my nephew was borderline autistic. Needless to say, I’m always looking for movies to help understand them better or look for ways to help make it easier for them. spoilerFor instance, the part about perspective and how she couldn’t figure it out until she was given that one hint and everything just clicked for her. spoiler After watching the movie though, I found it a heartwarming tale of the human spirit and how resilient it is. Even given a huge setback in life, she was able to find ways to overcome it in her own way. A way that worked for her, and not only that, she was able to overcome sexism in the cattle industry to contribute to society. But the best part of all was she was able to articulate the ways she overcame her issues to help others along the spectrum as well. Sometimes it just takes a different perspective to make you look at the world in a new way and this movie definitely makes you think in a different way.
3. Fascinating - well worth watching - I am somewhat ashamed of the fact that I had not heard of Temple Grandin before I saw this movie - her achievements are staggering. Temple is autistic. This is a fascinating look at her life and some of the truly amazing contributions she has made not only in her chosen field of science but also in helping others better understand autism. Clare Danes does a great job! Well worth watching!
4. Wow. - I'll admit i hesitated to see this film even though i love Claire Danes, I was afraid it would be uncomfortable to watch. I was worried that the cattle industry and autism in one film could be more than i could handle. I was % wrong, it is a BEAUTIFUL movie that i am actually glad i own. Every actor gives a flawless performance and the story was adapted to film perfectly. Also this is, in my opinion, Claire Danes best performance to date, she never fails to amaze. I was especially touched by the mother/daughter relationship and the quiet moments of love and heartache that obviously must come with this difficult and confusing parental scenario, particularly in the time it took place.
5. A Real-Life Adventure Complete With Real-Life Heros - This film proves a twist on the axiom, "The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction." In this case, "Properly done, a film about real life can be more entertaining than anything someone could make up." I highly recommend this movie to any and everyone, regardless of the genre you are in the mood for. Simply put, "It's an amazing (and entertaining) story." Temple Grandin is a real-life hero who learned to play by the rules of a world that she could not possibly understand. Displaying a striking amount of courage and determination along the way, she not only learned to thrive in that world but ultimately made an impact on it. Obviously, she could not have done this alone and, as such, she is by no means the only hero depicted so very well by this film's superior writing, acting, directing and editing. Well done indeed...a no-brainer five-star.
6. Incredible, simply incredible! - Of all the high budget films that are out there now, and I've seen most, this ones shines above the rest. A truly inspiring story as inspiring as Temple herself and with an amazing performance by Claire Daines. She truly let everything about Temple in and became her in every way. Directed well and acted well by all actors. I highly recommend this movie to everyone who watches movies and even to those who don't . It will change you. Best movie I have seen in a long time.
7. THE BEST MOVIE EVER! - THIS IS A WONDERFUL MOVIE AND IT IS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SAW! IT TELLS YOU ABOUT HOW HER MIND WORKS AND HOW SHE PUT HER MIND TO DO WHAT SHE WANTED TO DO! LIKE I ALWAYS SAY YOU CAN DO ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT! THANK - YOU AND GOOD NIGHT! AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! AND ALWAYS REMEMBER : EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY SOMETIMES! JWB
8. A Temple to Contemplate - I have two autistic children. When they were very young I used to take Temple Grandin's books to their IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) meetings and invite the professionals in attendance to take them home and read them to better understand my children. Rarely did anyone take me up on my offer. In fact, I was informed by a teacher that I was criticized and made fun of for my over-the-top behavior after these meetings. Since my children did not exhibit 'Rainman' type behavior, their diagnosis was in doubt by these small minded people. This movie is a wonderful, well made example of the life of someone on the autistic 'spectrum'. Temple Grandin has paved the way towards educating educators, as well as the public, about this very intriguing disorder. Bravo Mick Jackson and HBO Films for "Temple Grandin" the film!!!
9. Wonderful. A tale celebrating being different. Finally! - God bless the producers of this film who shared with the world this woman's life. So often we celebrate conformity and mediocrity. Yet this film highlights a woman's life who has autism, and how that affected her life, and ultimately, how her life -- and thoughts and ideas -- affected the lives of millions. I cannot recommend this film enough. Watch it with your kids. Watch it with your loved ones. Heck, watch it alone. Just watch it.
Release date: 2012-05-28 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. Still in love with the movie to this day - When I was little I remember seeing this movie but for some reason it only ever aired like twice and that made me upset it was the best thing I’ve ever seen everything about the movie as awesome the music, the actors , the story , and max of course and queen keke omg this movie deserved a Grammy
2. Rags be hittin different - Where do I even begin with this movie. The plot was amazing, the actors were terrific, and there were some straight up bangers in this movie. I remember watching this movie as a kid and the fact that it’s still hits different is incredible. And to top it all off my man Max is liven it up in real life now too. This movie shows me that dreams really do come true no matter where you’re from. Rich or poor. Black or white. Anything is possible.
3. Rags is my Nickelodeon original movie - To be real lot of Nickelodeon original movies are straight up dumb and you say why did you made this with this tv star but there are good ones and yes one of them is rags it have lot of music and heart and amazing actors from favorite Nickelodeon shows not dumb ones this is a must see original movie!!!!!! Ps they really should make a second movie? With the original actors
Release date: 2013-01-01 Genre:Documentary $5.99
Release date: 2014-12-01 Genre:Holiday $6.99
1. A really enjoyable Christmas romance! - I think Hallmark’s Christmas movies have become predictable over the years; almost all of them are romances!!! Still, The Christmas Ornament is one of the better ones! Part of the reason is because Kellie Martin has the lead role. As a child of the s and s, I loved seeing her on the television series Life Goes On and in several TV movies from the s. It’s great to finally see her in another movie, especially one that’s simultaneously sad and sweet. There’s a great message in this story’s plot. Don’t miss it!
Release date: 2008-12-13 Genre:Holiday $9.99
Release date: 2013-11-30 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. Mom says - Well, Refreshingly wonderful. First you didn't have to cringe or cover your eyes it was fabulously funny, action packed, and well acted all around. My personal favorite was Ivy starred by the beautiful Elena Kampouris . She's the new kid on the block and I see a bright future for her on Nick. Ciara bravo, Jack Griffo , and Jacob Bertrand were also outstanding but that's to be expected all have been on past shows and are proven as good actors. It's a must see ! I smell sequel, anyone?
Release date: 2012-11-06 Genre:Holiday $14.99
1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ!!! - Ok. So I haven't bought the movie yet, but I will. I've seen it at my cousins house before. My question is, why are people saying there's only half of the movie and then another episode that has nothing to do with it? I hope that isn't true because as soon as I get an iTunes gift card I will buy the movie. I hope you didn't make this movie just to make people disappointed and make money. I still love the movie though! I'm the second fan, right behind patchy the pirate, the fan.
2. It's a great movie! - This movie is great, but short. When you see "runtime mins" you would think that this movie is that long, but it isn't. The movie is minutes. The run time says mins because there is a bonus episode that's not even about Christmas. I don't understand why they would give us that episode, but the movie was overall good.
3. Rip-off! NOT a min Xmas Special - The min stop-motion Xmas special is awesome and worth $ or even $, but the rest of the advertised minutes are mad up of re-packaged episodes from the season, which I already bought at the more reasonable $.. So the real price for this 'special' should be $, or maybe $--but at least tell us that half the 'special' is two additional episodes from earlier in the year. It would be nice, too, if the additional episode was at least winter-themed: instead, the episode is about Spongebob and Patrick trying out Extreme Sports.
4. Merry Christmas Spongebob!!! - I honestly think Spongebob is an awesome cartoon. I've been watching it since I was five years old, and I loved every episode.I don't know why people say that Spongebob is an awful cartoon, and that it's not funny anymore, Spongebob is very funny! As for the Christmas special, I have not seen it yet, tbh, but I but it's going to be as awesome as the other Christmas special.
5. Great but misleading... - Definitely get it if you're a spongebob fan and enjoy that nostalgic christmas stop motion animation but like others have said you're actually paying for the min special and additional unrelated episodes that they forgot to mention in the details.
On the positive side I noticed that there was a scene with the pirate narrator and parrot on the iTunes version that was completely missing in the CBS version.
6. Warning...very disappointing! - I usually love Spongebob but this was a ripoff. First, the length...it says minutes, but as others have said its really two episodes, the second has NOTHING to do with Christmas! Second, the actual Christmas part is horrible. I really don't want my son hearing everyone called "jerks" over and over. Plus Sandy calls Spongebob an idiot. I'm used to a few inappropriate things on the show but this was a little overwhelming. Save your money. Get a good Christmas movie.
Release date: 2012-02-14 Genre:Kids & Family $9.99
1. Not happy - First, you can not show this if you hook up iPad to a projector. I bought the movie so my ESL kindergarten class could enjoy an Easter adventure after doing Easter themed lessons all week like dying eggs. I would not have purchased if I had known that. Then I was under the impression it was one show. It isn't! It was also included some Spanish which I was not expecting. I was not happy with this purchase at all! No more Dora for us!
Release date: 2010-11-13 Genre:Drama $6.99
Release date: 1984-04-10 Genre:Classics $12.99
Release date: 2010-08-24 Genre:Kids & Family $7.99
1. Don't Waste Your Time With This Version - It isn't advertised, but this version is heavily and sloppily cut; many of the movie's best moments are noticiably absent in this download. The missing scenes are even more glaring because of the blurry, poorly executed transitions that replace them. The turtle fans here may be giving the movie stars and urging you to buy this download, but trust me; look for the uncut edition elsewhere. This is a great movie in its entirety, but as it is in the iTunes store it just isn't even worth a rental. It's unfortunate that the absence of many scenes is not made clear in the description of the download. I would not have made the purchase if i had known.
2. Meta - I checked this out of a sense of nostalga and was surprised to find a very well crafted movie with a meta narrative. I can imagine only fans of TMNT will appreciate all the references - espeically the finale. Well worth the watch as its a great tribute and obviously crafted by someone who loves the Turtles.
3. Awsome - When the third tmnt movie screwed things up then I was really sad. Now we have this movie. It is so great because it brings the tmnt that many people grew up with and the tv turtles. Seeing all the other tmnt movies and so on in this one really was just great. If you havent seen it download it now. Really this almost makes up for the third. /
Release date: 2017-04-22 Genre:Drama $9.99
Release date: 1996-11-12 Genre:Kids & Family $9.99
Release date: 2013-08-25 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. Disappointed - . They found the card in an abandoned house not in ben's wall.
. Savannah was 'the dog whisperer' not 'the actress' . He didn't have that sickness which made him really tired in the movie but it's in the book . They didn't go into detail about them meeting in the ball closet which was my favorite part in the book. I rented this movie because when I was little I loved the book and I thought the movie would be like it. It was an ok movie but the book was Pure amazing. You will be disappointed if you expected this movie to be like the book.
2. I preferred the book - Coming into this, I was rather skeptical. I'd read this and other books by Gordon Korman (who I strongly recommend), and when I saw that some aspects were changed, I wasn't as impressed. Changing the plot around from robbing S. Wendell's house, to robbing a hotel was a stretch for me, but overall, the film was enjoyable. HOWEVER... Because I love this book so much, I can only give it stars. Also, if this is how they adapt Korman, I'm not looking forward to "Schooled"
Release date: 1979-11-25 Genre:Holiday $9.99
1. Very good - Very nice movie. May not be as good as the original but still a great movie to watch. However it was pretty creepy. Its not like year olds know the difference. Anyway, I love Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and I was thinking about buying this movie soon. Hopefully I might get a chance to have "Christmas in July" and I can have it on my laptop. Thank you, iTunes.
2. Terrible sound, somewhat scary for younger viewers - This movie's really terrible sound mix made it impossible to understand the dialogue. Sounds like it was recorded using my pillow. The overall quality is nowhere near the original Rankin / Bass productions. It's a shame the better ones aren't available on the Store, and that we have to watch third rate efforts like this and Shiny New Year to get our Animagic fix.
Release date: 2014-08-21 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $9.99
1. Fin is the greatest movie character ever - Thank you creators of this movie. This movie changed my life around, I used to have no friends but now because of this film I now have friends and less limbs because I tried to fight a shark and it went poorly. The acting is just too great, when Fin has one of his many great one liners I feel like he is saying it to me. When they had the news scenes I was like this has to be real news it just sounds too real I mean inches of sharks per hour sounds really realistic. One of the most realistic scenes is when the one guy clobbers a shark out of the ball park I mean a bat can definitely send a shark feet. This movies inspires me to be my fin and just be my best self. Everything in the movie is so realistic I have prepared myself for a sharknado because I feel that this enjoyable amazing movie is a warning to the world that sharknados are a real thing and that we all should be prepared. The sharks in the movie look so real, I honestly can’t tell if it’s a fake shark or a real shark. This movie should win every award a movie can get and at the end when fin proposed I was sobbing because of how sweet and realistic it is for a man to fin his girlfriends hand inside a shark that ripped off the hand prior and killing it and the hand still being their with the ring, so realistic. - thank you sharknado family for changing my life and giving me meaning and hope in my life and for less limbs that I cherish inside my trophy case.
2. I WONT EVEN RATE THIS WITH ONE STAR - Apparently, Rotten Tomatoes doesn't know how to rate movies. For them to even rate this movie with a percent I'm starting to wonder if they're really rating stuff or messing around with us viewers, or maybe even favor some really aweful movie like this one just to promote them. Anyways, dont watch this film, dont even rent it. Watch something like 'Dark Was The Night' instead, because it is an under-rated movie that deserves more viewers, and movies as dumb as Sharknado are only meant for 'Snakes On A Plane' fans. So if you're looking for a good horror/scifi/thriller movie and don't want to spend time watching a dumb film no better than any of the 'Scary Movie' series, then this aint for you. I regret this film's existence. Even people on high wont appreciate this film. Get rid of it iTunes. Show better movies and stop putting Rotten Tomatoes' rating on any of the movies, it's misleading AND annoying. Don't want to waste time on such films ever again. Even Creature of the Black Lagoon was better than this abomination.
3. Majestic! - This is perhaps the finest film ever made.The acting is superb, the direction is second to none, the special effects are mindbending and the film has a message! If chalk some tornadoes have a combined effect it will be devastating to mankind. We must be watchful. Buy this movie today and watch it every day your life will never be the same.
4. If you enjoyed this movie, consider yourself part of the problem - I do not enjoy crappy movies that set out to be crappy fro craps sake, and this was one of them. Just awful in every sense of the word. If you enjoy this type of crap, you are part of the problem, and are not helping Hollywood in any way. Your taste is horrible and you should ashamed of yourself.
5. Here We Go Again - When watching a movie like this, it is hard to know whether people actually take it seriously or if they purposely make them to parody disaster movies. Sharknado is about as good as the last one. And about as outrageous, if not more, than the last one too. Promoting her new book, "How to Survive a Sharknado and Other Unnatural Disasters" April & her ex Fin are on their way to New York when history repeats itself and a second Sharknado approaches. The movie, like the last defies every logic you can fathom and is full of parodies from start to finish, not to mention the weak dialogue. If you are one for cheesy movies, do not miss it but if you are looking for a Jaws clone, steer well out of this “Nado”.
Release date: 1995-02-17 Genre:Drama $12.99
1. Thanks iTunes for In the Heat of the Night - I am so happy to have been able to find this movie available for purchase on iTunes! I have watched this show since I was a young child years ago. Carroll O' Connor is one of my all-time favorite actors and iTunes is my hero because I am now able to find these shows and purchase them for my own keeping. Thanks a lot for making these available to us!
2. Excellent entry in outstanding series - I was thrilled to see Season is available as well as this movie. This is one of the best series of the genre, hands down. Carroll O'Connor plays a character whose personal development was tangible to his audience. The supporting cast all performed admirably. Until the death of Mr. Rollins I had hoped there would be a reunion show. It would still have been a credible endeavor with Mr. Weathers. I hope iTunes makes all the seasons and the stand along movies available. I will gladly purchase everything that is available.
Release date: 2020-01-27 Genre:Documentary $2.99
Release date: 2004-01-06 Genre:Kids & Family $8.99
Release date: 2014-11-07 Genre:Documentary $1.99
Release date: 2020-08-04 Genre:Thriller $9.99
Release date: 2012-06-26 Genre:Kids & Family $16.99
1. Not a movie as advertised - Thank goodness we only rented this. It's description makes it seem like a min Mermaid movie/special. In reality it's slightly longer than a normal episode and bundled together with everyday Dora eps (not even slightly mermaid themed) to justify the ridiculous price. Won't be buying any more Dora for my kids after this, they were hugely disappointed when our special 'movie night' turned into episodes of a show they see all the time.
Release date: 2013-05-28 Genre:Kids & Family $9.99
Release date: 2012-03-06 Genre:Kids & Family $7.99
1. Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom run time is only minutes! - Dora Saves the Crystal Kingdom is a TV special which run time is :, which is double the run time of a normal episode of Dora the Explorer series. It is compiled together with episodes of Season , which are: Season - Episode - First Day of School Season - Episode - Boots' Banana Wish Making it the run time a combined ::. Charging it at $. is not right! I will not have paid for it at $. if I knew the "movie" is only minutes. What make it worse for me is that I have also purchase the full season from iTunes too!
Release date: 2013-05-20 Genre:Kids & Family $8.99
Release date: 2012-01-01 Genre:Drama $6.99
Release date: 2012-02-10 Genre:Kids & Family $9.99
Release date: 2012-03-06 Genre:Kids & Family $7.99
Release date: 2012-10-30 Genre:Kids & Family $2.99
1. Pretty cute - I’m not a super big fan of Dr. Seuss and only because as a child I was never brought up with Dr. Seuss books, so this is def a different thing for me. Now as a adult myself and having a child I wanted to try it out. This is very untraditional as far as holiday movies are concerned, but for a two year old this is a winner. So I’m going to say that as a mom I liked it. It is very cute. Bright & vibrant. I don’t know what the person was talking about crappy pixels, because as much as I know in Dr. Seuss books the characters all have that look. So would that call for the artist being crappy? Might want to look at it from that perspective. There were lots of animals that you could point out and that was a plus since my daughter loves them. Plus it’s more explainable when your child asks “what’s that” and you can actually comment, rather than saying it’s a “thing a ma jig”. Also if your kid loves music, then I think he or she will like this movie. The songs they play in this movie are very uplifting and happy. Short too so they play every so often. Not at all annoying and I don’t think if I had to watch this a x I would get extra annoyed by it. I would give this a thumbs up for any parents out there.
Release date: 2002-01-13 Genre:Kids & Family $7.99
Release date: 2008-01-01 Genre:Comedy $7.99
1. The beginning of all! - I almost finished the series , and I googled about the good witch just to find out that there were movies before the series and didn’t doubted about getting the movies . I gotta say I loved how everything started , the suspense that Cassie always brings to the story . It was a delight to watch this movie. Romance , suspense and a little bit of troubles it’s what makes a good movie !
Release date: 1985-10-25 Genre:Drama $12.99
Release date: 2013-02-19 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $14.99
1. We need more of these - Galactica was arguably the best sci-fi series eve – certainly the most intelligent. and it was nice to have a few movies after the series ended. With a reboot in the works, we won't be seeing any more movies from the version but the movies like Blood and Chrome – even it they are more like a long episode – were great to have. It would be nice to have Razor on iTunes....
2. Too bad... - I see a lot of reviews criticizing this as if it was a stand alone film. It was meant as a pilot, so it was essentially a primer for another series. I think people claiming to be "huge" fans griping about this story don't realize this was only meant to be a beginning. It's too bad that it wasn't green lit to become a series because as someone who didn't get the ethusiasm for the previous show, I found my interest piqued when this aired on YouTube for free. I was interested in purchasing this but . is a bit much for a pilot episode.
3. Pick up Blood & Chrome Syfy! - The nay sayers are full of it. This was a worthy addition to the BSG collection. You can't fit the complexity of a mini series into a single movie. This had plenty of turns and plot twists for a BSG movie. The only negative is the excessive lense flair but that's almost not even worth mentining. If you're a BSG fan you'll enjoy Blood & Chrome.
4. Terrible - Not At All Up To Par - I and my wife were totally disappointed with this movie. We are total fans of the BSG series, this was a total rip off and we should have known better - actually I should have known better since I was the one to rent this. Prequels immediately take out the stars from the original so now you're dealing with new players on the whole, though this would clearly have included any of the creative types who were behind the BSG series. Formulaic (rookie gets to bed the babe, the guy who just finds out he's a father, of course, dies soon thereafter), made NO sense (babe turns out to be a spy for the Cylons, but the humans knew this and were using her, the Cylons had next to zero protection for a vital communication site just so the humans could get into it to dump a virus, and I could go on), and just rankled when you compared it to the BSG that you knew and loved. Bottom line DO NOT RENT and God help you if you buy this dreck.
5. Awesome - Not sure what the negative reviewers were watching. This movie is great. It does BSG a great service and is a worthy successor. It slants more towards action than drama, which is fine for me. The production quality is actually quite good considering it was filmed as webisodes. Sci-Fi needs to pick up this show.
6. Not worth a Purchase - I don't think I was unfair in expecting a lot out of this movie; I'm a huge fan of the re-imagined BSG and Caprica. However, this movie seemed to lack many of the qualities that made BSG so great. Characters were flat, predictable, and uninteresting. I truly didn't care about the well-being of Bill Adama in this movie - and this is THE frakkin BILL ADAMA we're talking about. The plot was not engaging. No overarching, thought-stimulating themes that make BSG the titan of a series that it is. Decent special effects, though. Perhaps worth a rent for die-hard BSG fans. Definitely don't waste your money on buying it like I did.
7. Enjoyed it, but... - Did they fire all the BSG writers or something? At least they had an idea about writing a storyline. This story could've been great, but some of the glitches along the way just ended up being irritating. Regarding the dialogue, does the word "frak" need to be inserted into each and every sentence uttered by each and every character? Sweet Mother of Pearl, people do make some variations in speech, even if they're inarticulate knuckle-draggers. The bright spot was they did vary the speech sometimes. The downside was they instead used regular profanity. Goodness, doesn't anyone know how to write dialogue anymore? The space shots, to me, were even more gorgeous than I remember from the show. The sets, however, definitely had that shoestring budget feel to them. That didn't bother me as much because let's face it, they probably only had a shoestring budget. At least they had some mockup ships around on that big deck. I did enjoy seeing Galactica in her Sunday Best though, rather than looking ready for recycling as she did for four seasons. She sure was a beauty back in the day. If you're a fan, you won't hate yourself for buying the SD version for $. Hell, I spend more than that just for lunch here in NY.
8. Awful - Huge BSG fan here. What a disappointment! Wow. Just wow. Weak plot, terrible acting, amateur dialogue, pretty much every background is CGI (and it shows). The ending is completely unrealistic. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it's a complete logic fail. Anyone expecting BSG's level of sophistication will be sorely disappointed. What a waste.
9. I'm such a sucker - Tons of reviews said this was horrible, lame acting stupid script, etc, but I want so much to like the BSG-verse that I went and rented anyway. Well, it pretty much sucked. Characters were cheesy stereotypes, all the pilots yelled "whoooo" when they made a turn and few people could fire an automatic weapon without yelling AHHHHH at the same time. Lousy re-do of the Luke skywalker tailgunner scene. The cool cross-processed overexposed look of BSG is lamely recreated here, often with an extra dash of CGI lens flare. It's got the same kind of cylons as in Caprica, whic is annoying because BSG clearly shows this era should have been like the toasters of the 's show. I thought $. rental would be fine, but that was too much.
10. Better than the original - While Galactica started out amazingly strong, it really degenerated in the closing seasons and this new effort looks like it has a clean slate to explore the world of the Galactica again. Very well done in terms of both performances and script. The special effects such as the CGI interiors are very cool; they actually show you a bit more than the original did.
11. / stars -- Worthwhile and Enjoyable - Not sure why so many low scores. It's not a blockbuster, but FX are good and it's well within the spirit of BSG. A bit patched together in some parts, the story does no harm to the star rating of the BSG series remake. Why all the complaints about the acting? Having sat through crapfests like Hunger Games, Starship Troopers, and The Hobbit, the performances are believable and effective. Plenty of eye candy and signature BSG homage. Not my favorite movie, but an entertaining space syfy flick nonetheless.
12. “So Say We All” - This is going to be different from a regular review because I’m a Battlestar Galactica/BSG fan. So, I won’t simply make the detached commentary but express some genuine concerns for the future of this franchise and all the people that make the magic. The Syfy channel’s re-imagined BSG has a strong fan following and deservedly so. It seems that most true fans will remain loyal. This loyalty allows them to forgive some truly unwatchable, cringing, and mood destroying moments of bad writing and acting indicative of some shows. They do so because of an uncontrollable hunger for the next project which can only be satisfied with the next movie or episode. It’s analogous to people that prefer a favorite restaurant based on the name alone. However, some fans have a more discriminating judgment and taste. That’s the type of fan I am. I need more than a full belly. I need taste, polite and expedient service, and ambience. The entire experience must be enjoyable. If not, I rarely come back unless there’s an expectation of a better experience next time because I know that the staff are capable of doing better based on their reputation. Or I have such a strong emotional tie that I simply want to see them do better. In Ronald (Ron) Moore and David Eick of R&D TV raised the bar on weekly sci-fi TV dialogue with the BSG miniseries. The scripts were as highly detailed as the work from their award-winning CGI artist. They beat the odds and overcame obstacles as well such as, overzealous fans of the original BSG version from the ’s and Syfy channel’s horrible productions at that time. In fact I missed the launch and didn’t watch the pilot till the series launch. Admittedly I’ve been slow to warm up. But I’ve been hooked ever since thoroughly enjoying Ron and David’s continuous rising of the standards not just on their own series, but on the entire sci-fi genre. And of course I heard the protractors, some of who I know that are still stuck in the late s, longing to see the cigar chomping caped Starbuck with his hairdryer like Ray gun. Surprisingly most of these naysayers are about to years younger than I. Obviously they’re victims of brainwashing parents. However, my loyalty was vindicated as R&D TV earned many awards and accolades including, Emmys and Rolling Stone magazine’s endorsement as the best show on TV, even when compared to entertainment other than sci-fi. To no lesser a degree I enjoyed Caprica as well and I’m still disappointed that a second season wasn’t produced. The latest BSG project, Blood and Chrome is a prequel where we see a young Galactica and a young Adama both in their prime and with their war faces on. The CGI geniuses upstaged themselves yet again with a fresh from the factory, full metal jacketed Galactica bristling with turrets that hopefully we’ll see used in later missions. Neither is any detail spared in the interior. We are treated to a multileveled, fully populated and mechanically complex hangar deck and we see the old style rail-like shuttle which is an obvious wink/nod to the old series. Other ships in the Colonial and Cylon fleet are modeled maintaining the BSG theme while expressing the level of evolution to the timeline depicted. The premise can’t be better in my opinion. A fresh from the Academy, William Adama working his way up the ranks is an excellent idea that genuinely caught me by surprise. Hopefully this direction will inspire a new series with infinite possibilities and many seasons. Fans of BSG and Caprica will enjoy some familiar faces working again. As I recall from podcasts commentary during Caprica, the explanation for such appearances were: they’re the grandparents or other miscellaneous relatives of the later characters. I found this to be a more acceptable than just a convenient explanation. Will we see Nicki Clyne and Kandyse McClure find a role in future of BSG projects? Pleeeeeease? And yet the dialogue this time seems to be out of step with proven BSG standards. It turns out Ron Moore wasn’t involved this time leaving David to fend for himself. Could this be the missing ingredient? It would seem that such a behemoth as BSG fares better with more than one helmsman at the controls. Of course that’s just my hypothesis based on observations as an eight year fan. I’m not privy to the inner workings of the decision-making outside of what’s revealed in standard commentary. Whatever the reason I have to say, sadly of course, that the dialogue this time was a definite fluctuation in the steady stream of excellence R&D has produced in the past. I definitely can’t agree with the protractors and their knee-jerk attacks. Nor can I go along what the blind faithful. R&D and its entire staff deserve a more critical thinking/analysis than that. And that’s entirely their fault for they set a standard that doesn’t allow me to watch any sci-fi with much compromise no matter how good the CGI is. But my hunger for more quality BSG is still there stronger than ever. So back to the kitchen, fire or hire as many chefs as it takes to give us BSG fans the same high-quality cuisine that we know you’re capable of, thank you. Special Features: A little on the light side in my opinion because I feel I never get enough of the behind the scenes featurettes. The CGI artist and supervisors give us a fairly good overview of their latest magic. The new BSG has always hired the best and brightest and I’ve heard Ron Moore himself sing their praises. There’s an interview with David Eick as well.
13. Horrible BSG movie - My wife and I love BSG and have watched all the series and all the movies. This one did us in. It was absolutely horrible. They took a deep and engaging show and turned it into a plotless monster B-movie. There was no character development to the point that you didn't care about anyone and just wished that they'd all die so the movie would end. And what's up with all the lens flare. Just about every scene was filmed with lens flare. Horrible.
14. Blood & Mediocrity - If you are as desperate for more BSG as I am, then this shall suffice. As you may have guessed by now form the other comments, its a little rough. I am % a die-hard BSG fan, and even I found this a little hard to watch. I don't know the budget of this series but it couldn't have been much. Ironically enough, instead of building up in action and plot, Blood and Chrome starts off with some decent CGI space combat scenes. I was excited for much more but the overall action and story just seem to deteriorate. But as always Bear McCreary basically saves the day and makes subpar moments much more epic with his score. It makes for some interesting history of Adama but the acting isn't too hot and writing could be a bit better. It is entirely online in HD for free…not sure why anyone would want to pay the $ price for a movie you'll only watch once really.
15. Frak Negative Reviews - I'm sorry that there some people out there, that felt this was the worst BSG series. Viewers/fans really should understand that this is just a baseline story for future episodes to come. Remember the first BSG miniseries was that five-hour miniseries, which had the necessary time to I have a foundation for different story lines, as compared to one hour and half show. I think "Blood & Chrome" sticks to the true fundamentals of BSG, and is going to be a great series-show.
16. Frack the negative reviews. - I don't get it. I read the reviews. Some great and some demeaning… some totally confusing. I think some of the negative reviews come from people who think this is the 's franchise and they got confused? IDK. After reading the bad reviews, I braced myself for disappointment. The movie is awesome. The soundtrack is superb. The visual effects and CGI? I thought they were perfect despite all of the negative comments. The CIG was flawless and I watched it in Retina-quality on my Macbook Pro. So I'm gobsmacked why people were dissing the CGI. HOTTIE ALERT: Superb acting from the UK SKINS actor who played Freddie (Luke Pasqualino). He plays young Adama in this pilot. He delivers all his lines in a flawless North American/USA accent. AMAZING. The screenplay is solid, top-notch. Some people have said Blood and Chrome is "too politically correct". Did these people even watch the movie? There's a long, gratuitous "sonic shower" scene with nudity and men and women together. Hardly politically correct (and thank God for that!) I do hope Syfy Channel picks up Blood and Chrome. It would give me a reason to watch Syfy again. Luckily a friend told me about "this BSG pilot on iTunes" -- Really a nice surprise to revisit BSG and Caprica again (you will recognize a quite a few former BSG and Galactica actors playing new and old parts).
17. Really??? - When I watched this on the web, I enjoyed it. When it got re-released on iTunes etc, I was excited to see the whole thing. The problem was that I have seen the whole thing on the web already. As a prequel to a series, it is good. A lot of characters were shown that I would like to get to know in a series. As a standalone movie, it left a lot to be desired.
18. Loved it - It is different and the same as the BSG re-imagining we came to know and love. It doesn't feature the same characters. Different people, different situation, different time. I can't understand why some people dislike it so much other than that they just wanted more of the same. Special effects have improved, interesting story, a story we kinda knew, but didn't know the details of. Not a bad hour and a half at all. The funny thing about people who complain about the script is that there is more story here than the Avengers movie. There is story of Adama, and his enthusiasm about going to war. There is the story of how he came to be known as Husker. There is the story of how in war, there is a public war and a real war and the public never knows the truth. Hell most of the people fighting never know the truth. There is the plot, the twist, the double twist…
19. enjoyable ride - i'm old, so i saw the original bsg released back in the late 's. i've seen the first couple seasons of the new show. i'm a big fan of most things science fiction and fantasy. this is not a big story movie. it's a small part of what made adama adama. it was an exciting enjoyable ride. the characters were indeed not as memorable as the tv characters, but then you spend so little time with them comparatively. if you want to see bsg done consistently with whatever version of the story cannon you believe is correct, don't bother stopping here. if you want to see a good story in a familiar universe then give this one a go.
20. Fits the timeline - If you watched the series on SyFy then the Caprica series, This fits right in between. I really enjoyed seeing Commander Adama get his call sign. He also fits with the boy we saw grow up in Caprica.
Although this movie didn't have quite the epic feel of either series, it stands on its own and I will enjoy watching further incantations of the Battlestar franchise.
I would love to see more development of the protagonist (cylon point of view) like in the series, in the next movie.
21. MASSIVE lens flair throughout the ENTIRE film??? - wow. im a huge BSG fan, and really rooting for anything that comes out that has anything to do w the series.. but WOW. way to make this almost unwatchable. such massive blown out lens flare constantly messing w every scene. its shot like an obnoxious music video. man.. its so lame i almost can't continue watching the movie..
Release date: 2009-02-03 Genre:Comedy $12.99
1. If you like SWC, read this - I only watched it b/c I'm a big fan of sedaris and paul dinello. It's a 'family' movie, so it's obviously NOTHING like SWC, but for old fans of Strangers, you can see the influence Dinello and Sedaris had in this. SWC fans can also point out some classic lines they use over again from Exit, Wigfield, and SWC. If you're buying this to see Paul Dinello... well... there's really only scenes he talks, and it's only a few seconds of screen time. Amy's in it a good enough amount though.
2. Movie For Kids That Parents Can Enjoy - Don't be quick to write this movie off! Its directed by Paul Dinello and has Amy Sedaris as the Principal, both from 'Strangers with Candy'. The subversive humor though inappropriate for young ears flies well over their little heads. While they'll be engrossed with the antics of that kid from 'iCarly' you can enjoy David Allen Grier's scene stealing quips.
3. Great Movie, Nathan Kress is awesome in the movie! - Nathan Kress (iCarly) is the lead in this movie, and he does a awesome job. The movie is really funny, and well done. The story is really good too. If you like Nathan Kress, you will definitely really like this movie. Nathan's acting in it is great, and the movie has a good message too. Definitely worth the money either here at iTunes or you can go pick up the DVD at the store! I hope to see Nathan in a ton more movies, he's a great actor! Great movie!!
Release date: 1986-01-05 Genre:Drama $9.99
Release date: 2009-12-05 Genre:Holiday $9.99
Release date: 2012-01-01 Genre:Holiday $9.99
Release date: 1996-05-27 Genre:Drama $5.99
Release date: 2013-11-08 Genre:Kids & Family $12.99
1. Meh - I liked the movie as a kid so I bought it. Now I officially do not like it. The general story could have been better. If the effects and fight scenes were better. You can tell the fight scenes are choreographed, and the werewolves are fake. The actor were fairly good, but overall don't waste your money on this. Watch it on TV.
2. It was a bit pricy for what it was. - Brook Shields was a shocker. Cannt believe she is the same person I had a crush on in Blue Lagoon. Will Victoria Justice also metamorph into something totally different in her 's? It seems like a crap shoot with people of European descent. As a adult they tend to look very different then when they were young. Perhaps her Puerto Rican side will rescue her, watch the hips and buttocks. The story and acting was OK for casual viewing. Don't expect to leave with any memories.
3. Disgrace to the Supernatural - These were not werewolves. These were not vampires; since when did vampires have jumping abilities? People, even Twilight tops this (and I like Twilight). The special effects were totally fake, the romance was rushed, and overall, this is not the movie for people who like vampires. Take my advice. Don't go for it.
4. Wow - I don't get it. This movie is as dull as a rainy day. Victoria Justice is pretty here but very bland here as a character no one cares about. The story is boring, there's no humor here, nothing scary at all, the werewolves are cheesy, and the exciting stuff is nothing worth watching. What a dreadful kids movie. Boring. Humorless. Stupid. Cheesy. Pointless. Meh and bleh.
Release date: 2009-09-22 Genre:Kids & Family $9.99
1. The Mystery Starts Here - I absolutely adore this movie. The characters are charming, the story is stripped back, and we just get to see this group enjoy each other’s presence. I watched this when it aired back in on Cartoon Network and it hasn’t changed one bit. It relishes in fun and I’m here for it! Fair warning: Fred isn’t blonde (which isn’t cartoon-accurate, and is something so stupid to gripe about) and the CGI for Scooby is weak, but luckily Scooby himself is not the focus; instead we focus on Fred, Daphne, Velma, and Shaggy’s dynamic as friends. That alone is worth checking it out!
2. : - i thought this was a pretty good movie. and for those of you saying how they used different actors than the spooky island one, well they had to because this is a prequel to that movie. this one shows how the gang met, so they had to use younger actors. and did you ever think maybe fred just dyes his hair blonde?
3. Surprised (: - When i first saw the trailer and all the promo stuff, i though this would be HORRIBLE, i remember the only thing i like from the trailer was the portrayal of Shaggy LOL. But the movie is not bad at all! Is really good, and although it makes no sense with previous Scooby films/seriesm, it's very enjoyable... and i think it's more like a new series of films than a prequel to the previous ones. ;)
4. Mixed feelings here - Okay, so we all know that Scooby Doo is a cheesy kids show (although I find myself entertained by it). And we also all know that Cartoon Network's movies usually are, to put it mildly, not so great. Having said this, it'd make The Mystery Begins a pretty dumb movie. Right? Well, pretty much. I watched it and yes--Fred's hair SHOULD have been blonde, BUT other than that it was an interesting prologue to the Scooby Doo adventures. It was an okay movie. It had some 'funny' parts. If you have an - year old kid, they'll probably love this, but it takes some daring for older audiences to watch it. Would I recommend it? Not exactly. It was just an okay movie.
5. I don't get it. - How does this work out. If it is supposed to be when they were younger, why do none of them even look like one of thenm? I think that dog poop would look more like the characters. Fred has brown hair, (HUH?), Daphne is fat, Shaggy in this movie would be a better looking Fred then Fred does in this movie, and Velma is more nerdy in the show then in here. I would not waste my precious money on such a dumb film. I bet this offended the people who actually played in the other movies. I would. I think cartoon network shouldn't make movies! Some things should stick to what they are. Goodness-my-gracious this is bad. Ugggg, I think the director write the script, torn it up, put it back together then got their script. I think for a cast they chose random people off the street and offered them a job. Good job ruining Scooby Doos name.
Release date: 2012-03-10 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. This movie was awesomebtrissohot - This was a great movie I've seen it like a gazillion times. James Maslow is so cute,if I werent only years old I would marry him.Im so sad the show ended at least nick made and awesome show called every witch way rahart Adams is so cute.Anyway this is not a waste of money if you're a hater and don't like this movie,then don't watch it but people shouldn't have to deal with youre rudeness
2. Amazing - I love this movie! Yes, Big Time Rush did cover Beatles songs but they weren't "trying" to be them. All guys are Beatles fans and I think they did amazing at it. It's an honor to cover songs from one of the greatest bands I've listened to. It is a spy movie and the songs went well in each scene they were played in. Yes, also the guys look amazing in tuxedos. But, they worked hard on this movie and I think that it came out amazing. Ya'll can disagree with me but I don't care. Their acting was awesome as is their singing. But, I'm a Rusher and not matter what ya'll say about these boys' acting and/or singing, that'll never change my thoughts on this movie!
3. Big time movie - It was the best movie ever I sat down and watched it with my dad. I thought he was gonna hate it but ever time they started signing he would start singing along! (except for elevate) I thought the movie was fantastic and so did he! I love big time rush and this movie! My favorite part was when Logan said "do we look like the Beatles, do we sound like the Beatles?" and then they pose just like the Beatles did on Abbey rd. and Logan looks down and back up and pauses for a moment and then they start singing We Can Work It Out with confused looks on their faces.Big time rush is the best! They have the greatest voices they are the nicest people and hilarious! I love big time rush and this movie! Big time rush isn't halfway there, they've made it there and I am proud!
4. Awesome movie. Big Time! - I have to say that this was a cool movie. It had a lot of funny scenes, as well as good covers of songs from The Beatles. I got into this show not too long ago and I watched this movie sometime after I got into the TV series. It was so cool. I recommend watching this, as well as getting the songs.
5. Keeps Getting Better - Okay pretty much half of these reviews are from children who are a little too young to be reviewing...
Look, I've grown up listening to The Beatles and honestly these aren't that bad of covers. The Big Time Rush boys are four amazing and talented guys and I believe that they succeeded in this movie. It's supposed to be a cheesy comedy. Plus, it's introducing a great generation of music (The Beatles) to the younger set. Way to go BTR! You never disappoint.
6. Shut up! It's amazing! - People who comment on this just to say that they should have never done anything with the Beatles u know what SHUT UP! No one gives a crap what you think u r just upset that they can sing, dance, act and u can't!!!!!!!!! So SHUT THE HECK UP! And go back to whatever cave u came from... And go spend your time doing something productive. BTR RULEZ!
7. Paige - I loved this movie the whole time I was watching the movie I could not stop staring at Kendall ps I think he is he hottest. Well I recommend this movie to anyone who wants a good live I love u Big Time Rush i am your biggest fan who ever says they r your biggest fan r wrong I am your biggest fan
8. If I could I wouldn't even give it a star - From what I take away from this movie is they are trying to imitate the Beatles.Now even though I am only years old I have grown up listening to the Beatles I love them.John Lennon and George Harrison(may they rest peacefully)probably rolled over in their graves when this movie came out.No one will ever come close to being as good as the Beatles were.Even today after about years and two members passed they are still selling music.For someone to have the audacity to make this they should be in a mental hospital.On top of that they are basically mimicking HELP! which in my opinion is the best of the Beatles movies.Big Time Rush's fan base is mainly years old American girls.Yet everyday people of every age all around the world listen to the Beatles.I am appalled by the making of this movie.
Release date: 2009-06-12 Genre:Holiday $9.99
1. Dora’s Christmas Carol Adventure - This is the same minutes episode that they sold on iTunes in for $.. They removed that version from iTunes and replaced it with this one, label this one as “movie” and sell this one for $.. So customers who bought the earlier version without backing it up can no longer enjoy it, and have to pay another $. for the same content. What a rip-off! Why do I have to pay twice for the same content?
Release date: 2012-03-10 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. I'm an adult and i love Winx club. - Ok all you haters need to grow up. A true Winx fan knows everything about the show and storyline and characters.
Winx club was inspired by Sailor Moon one of the creators even admired it in an interview.. I think nick has done a great job on the movies and the whole series. Season just started and it's great so far. To the jerk that said about spending money on Miley, that is a big no.. Now Miley isn't a good role model for young girls. Have you seen her downward spiral lately?
Winx club is a better show for young girls then watching Miley do the embarrassing crap that she had done and even the stunt she pulled on the music awards. I used to like her but now she makes
Me sick and appalled at her behavior.
2. Hey Ichigocatnya. - If you don't like it, then why are you here? Obviously you can't keep your opinion to yourself, hm? I bet you haven't even watched the show before. How would you feel if I made fun of your Total Drama? Probably offended, right? Just keep your opinion to yourself. And there's no need to cuss, either. Little girls go on here and buy this and they could see your comment. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.
3. Awful - I regret renting this movie for my six year old daughter, who came away with persistent questions about why the characters were 'so skinny', and could she also be so thin. (LITERALLY!) The female charters here are shallow and dependent upon male counterparts (boyfriends). How miserable -- to present this to our young girls -- I'm embarrassed for everyone involved in this project.
4. Um... - I like the plot of this movie, but I hate the D and the actors/actresses. And I hate that Nick is doing the show now. I prefer the D version from Kids. That one is SOOOO much better. If this movie was in D with the Kids actors/actresses, I would love it a lot more and I would probably buy it. BRING KIDS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Best w.c movie dub ever shut up hatez - Ever thing was good ever single winx and specialist to ms faragonda to hagon the trix and every on else improved and and fit the faces perfectly. Also shut up haters because nick just showed u what they can really do with winx. Can't wait for season , the second movie winx club D Magical Adventure, and season , , and . Also the rd movie. all of this nick dub of cross. Love u keke, Molly and the rest. Sorry if I spelled a characters name wrong. PS. WINX ARE MAGIC NOW!
Release date: 2013-11-05 Genre:Kids & Family $16.99
Release date: 2012-07-31 Genre:Kids & Family $16.99
1. No way! - $ are you kidding, I am on a fix income. My daughter is autistic and has slowly started learning to talk with the help of Dora. On demand has had this movie on and my daughter loves it. She walks around saying rainbow ribbon. But there is no way I can afford this for her. She has seen it in the stores, and I say no, we will try to get it for her iPad, but I can't at this high price. Thanks but no thanks! Sorry!!!