The issues we tackle on The Problem With Jon Stewart are Too Big for TV™—so they spill over into the brilliantly titled The Problem With Jon Stewart podcast. Jon is joined by the staff and expert guests for nuanced discussions, updates on action items, and airing of grievances from writers over jokes that didn’t make the show. The Problem With Jon Stewart is an Apple TV+ podcast produced by Busboy Productions.
Release date: 2023-02-25
1. Ohio Train Wreck Disaster and Biden Response - Jon - I think you need to do more research, same with your guests. Biden contacted DeWine right after the accident and offered his full support. As reported: “DeWine, a second-term Republican, said he had been contacted after the disaster by President Joe Biden, who, he said, offered any necessary federal assistance. Said DeWine at the Tuesday news briefing: “Look, the president called me and said, ‘Anything you need.’ I have not called him back after that conversation. We will not hesitate to do that if we’re seeing a problem or anything, but I’m not seeing it.”” DeWine didn’t think it was an issue that required Federal assistance or the Federal EPA involvement. He thought they had it handled. I really wish the media organizations would point this out.
2. We love the Show - We love and respect Jon Stewart son much, that is why we implore that your staff looks at the “hostile takeovers “ by DeSantis and his cronies of New College of Florida, a very small liberal arts college in Florida, a very special place for those who don’t fit the norms. Please help us!!!!
3. Stale and sad - John is a shadow of his former self. Politics is harder now, admittedly. He can’t apply the same anti-Bush schtick that won him my adoration so many years ago. Instead, he’s beholden to the politics of the new left, which are so much more complicated. He is beholden to a wide variety of interests, identities, and commitments, many of which contradict each other. This show is simply audio of him contorting himself, with the help of an irony-laden panel, in self-effacing ways and trying, but failing to fit the pieces of the puzzle together.
4. Policing Reform in America - The most substantive conversation on policing reform in America. An honest, In depth look at what, why and how we continue to experience horrific events like the murder of Tyre Nichols. Heather McGhee and Dr Phillip Attiba Goff offer solutions that are within society’s grasp if only America had the political will to change. Jersey Girl
5. Review - This podcast is so much more one-dimensional than I expected. No matter the subject, it just seems like a lot of very interesting guests who Mr Stewart continuously uses as a platform for anti-US, anti-west, anti-government, anti-republican positions. It doesn’t seem to slow him down even when a guest gives him another viewpoint or reason for the problem to consider. Seems like the very thing he has always preached against.
6. Vaccine controversy! - I have never had a issues of getting vaccinated for me and my family. However, my health on the last years had been declining so my Doctor did not recommended the vaccine due to many reactions to medications in the last few years. Because I’m a healthcare provider I needed to be vaccinated even against doctor advice. After the vaccine I got sicker!!!! My blood pressure got really high and have other symptoms related to hypertension. I never have high blood pressure! Called multiple times due to health related issues related to the vaccine. My employer pushed me to the vaccine to keep my job its the same employer that fired my because I got the vaccine after I got it. I couldn’t continue to go to my cardiologist appointments because I did have insurance after they fired me. Do you think this is fair?
7. Counting Down The Days To USA Bankruptcy. - I’m Looking Forward to the Day the USA is Completely Bankrupt . Lol when u know How Government Works in this country you never trust the Government Federal down to local … I’ believe the rd world Countries have a higher Leg up on us lol they at least let everyone let everyone go in on Corruption lol not just a select few ..
8. Great energy - You all bravely talked about the missteps that leaders in public health made during the pandemic. You highlighted the quality of humility as being a key characteristic that is missing among many or that would at least be refreshing and helpful to see. Thank you for the balance you’ve brought and for helping assuage my own concerns about the confusing public health messaging. I’ve enjoyed other shows as well - but this one really stood out.
The official companion podcast for the new HBO Original series The Last of Us, based on the critically acclaimed video game of the same name. Each week, join Host Troy Baker (who played Joel in the video game) as he breaks down episodes of the TV series with Showrunners Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann. Together they’ll dive into key moments and reveal behind the scenes stories from the making of this action survival series starring Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey.
Release date: 2023-02-27
1. So insightful and a joy to listen to! - Ok I am absolutely GRIPPED by this show and love listening to the podcast about each episode. Y’all, I feel like a TV show has no business being this good!!! And hearing the show runners talk about each episode is so special. What they say about creating the show from the game and discussing the difference is very interesting. It’s beautiful and thoughtful and enhances the experience of watching the show. I never realized I could feel so much from watching tv. Amazing work.
2. I love this game, I love this show, I love this podcast! - I’ve been listening on Spotify but I came here just to leave a review. I’m such a big fan of the games, and I think this show is phenomenal so far, and I love listening to Craig and Neil talk because it shows exactly why the show is so good. They both have such a strong passion for this story and doing it justice. As a fan of Uncharted as well, I’m somewhat disappointed it didn’t get the same attention, but this show is just far and beyond anything I could have hoped for. It is the perfect blend of faithful adaptation, designing a story from a game to be told in a tv series, and improving the story when and where they feel it can be. I’m a huge fan of the second game as well and I hope future seasons get the same attention and love. Troy does a great job steering through the episode plot beats and asking interesting questions, while occasionally providing his own input. Keep it up, I listen to this every week.
3. Masterclass into story and human behavior - The Last of Us game made an immense emotional impact on me; the HBO show has only deepened my experience of this beautiful and tragic story. Through this podcast I’ve gleaned such valuable insight into the creative and character driven choices made to bring this story alive in a new medium. As an actor and aspiring writer/director, I’ve found the insight into why these characters do what they do invaluable. Its inspiring to watch the show and have my own insights, only to hear Craig and Neil affirm what I saw. Not to say I’m so brilliant, but It goes to show how what amazing and adept storytellers these artists are; their intentions are expressed so clearly in the final product. That’s not easy! The TV show is like a intricate jazz cover of your favorite song. You know the melody, it’s structure, how it makes you feel, but hearing it in a new form and interpreted through the skill of a brilliant artist(Craig), allows you to unpack and explore all the new shapes that you never knew your favorite song could become. I’d be remiss not to mention Troy Baker’s passionate and illuminating questions that steer the podcast to many of its wonderful insights. Thank you so much for taking the time each week to deepen my understanding of this beautiful story and the creative process. I’m so grateful!
4. this show!!! gosh dang - i have been absolutely eating up this show. i haven’t loved a show this much, probably ever. i was so excited to find the podcast a few weeks ago and i listened to all four episodes back to back. getting to hear how every choice was intentional, every piece of music has layers of meaning. ugh it’s so good. i love the show. and i love this podcast. it’s so brilliantly written. it genuinely blows my mind. anyways thanks guys. i look forward to each episode of the podcast just as much as the episodes of the show. :)
5. I love these - I am loving the show and also the podcasts. I think it’s quite well done the way the directors have seized the opportunity to develop characters I really enjoy—even Kathleen I feel a certain sympathy for by having been put in her shoes. She’s Joel without the redemption he’s earning through Ellie. I am very tired of the over-used trend of over-emphasis on gay love, but otherwise—brilliant.
6. Episode has spoilers?! - I watched episode on HBO last night and at the end of the episode, Joel was alive. In bad shape, yes, but I had hope. But this morning in the first few minutes of the podcast it was said that Joel is obviously dying. As someone who hasn’t played the game, I didn’t know that. So thanks a lot.
7. Thank you for everything! - A game-to-show fan. I typically don’t watch a series until at least whole season has been released but I couldn’t help myself this time around. My partner isn’t a gamer and only knows from what I’ve shared over the years of playing. It was such a delight to enjoy this story together and catch his reactions as a first time viewer. Episode : CHILLS
Episode : fascination, pain Episode : SOBBING I will never love poorly again. Episode : excitement Episode : triggered a new goal of learning ASL, pain part guest starring The Bloater Episode : please give us more of this couple. Baby Shimmer Dina!??
Episode: : RILEY!! Can’t wait for episode ! I can’t believe the season is almost over. It’s been an amazing ride so far! Thank you to Craig, Neil, NaughtyDog, Pedro, Bella and everyone that played even the tiniest role in bringing this together. Congratulations on locking in season !!
8. ‘Never Let Me Down Again’ tribute an absolute triumph! - Big fan of game and show, separately of course! I also have to give applause to Jessica Mazin whom performed stunning vocals for the Depeche Mode song cover. I’m sure there are many singers that could have distilled this song to such a visceral melancholy, but Mazin performed it, and deserves much more than credit for an amazing job. Music, heard with the hears or felt through tonal vibration of pitch and timbre is possibly the deepest connection we have to our humanity. This show, its carefully curated soundtrack, and beautiful acting provides us a reminder of why we choose to live every day, not a reason, but a reminder of our own individual connections that keep us moving forward. To find that in a tv show remake of a video game is unexpected and so warmly welcomed. Thank you!
Grab your torches and join Emmy Award-winning host and showrunner Jeff Probst to go behind the scenes of the Emmy Award-winning reality series Survivor like never before. “On Fire with Jeff Probst” is your ultimate companion to Survivor season 44 whether you’re a superfan or new to the show. Each week Jeff will go inside the latest episode and share some of the secrets for HOW they make the show and WHY they do the things they do. He’ll also answer your questions and one lucky fan gets t...
Release date: 2023-02-21 Genre:TV & Film > After Shows
1. New to podcasts - This may sound silly but, I’m new to podcasts. I’m hard of hearing…about % hearing loss in both ears. However, I very recently got new hearing aids which allow me to stream music, books and podcasts directly from my phone into my hearing aids. Being a big Survivor fan forever THIS was the first podcast I listened to! Loved it! Lots of background information and fun details about the show. Thanks for providing all the history and highlights.
2. Hello new favorite podcast! - This was AWESOME! First, getting to hear Jeff Probst talk for an hour is a dream. I’ve always felt he was such a kind, smart, driven human. This podcast confirms that fully. Second, hearing details and insights into the entire process is so interesting!! I feel more connected to the show and the crew and even the cast just after listening to episode one. I cannot wait to hear more and I’m already banking on this being my new favorite podcast!! Way to go, Jeff and crew! You’re nailing it!
3. Come on in (guys) - I would give this six stars if they let me. Loyal fan since Season . Awesome first podcast. Loving all the inside scoop on how one of my favorite shows of all time comes to be on my TV. Psyched to have this podcast as a companion for season and hopefully many more seasons to come.
4. I never listen to reality competition podcasts…. - But here I am!!! I am living for this!!! I love that there is no fluff. It’s all the juicy tea without me having to dig for it. So friken good!! PS I participate in many home produced versions of the show. That is as hard core as I get about this. I have been doing it well over a decade.
5. Surprisingly good! - As a fan of the show, I’ve been like many who’ve been a little let down with this new iteration that is the last four seasons — including — and so was not expecting great things from the podcast. Wrong I was. Very well done, great insider information and JP proves why he’s been doing this at such a high level for so long. Hoping that he takes note of some of his own commentary with regards to essentially giving players a little more smack talk during challenges…Sassy Jeff is always the best Jeff!
6. This man - This is what I’ve been looking for. Thank God Jeff is doing a podcast. the second I turned it on, I smiled hugely. Jeff is the best host on any show. Not only is he extremely adorable but he has the most wonderful, upbeat, uplifting exciting, enthused, personality of any host on TV presently, and in the past for that matter. You can tell I am a huge fan of Jeffrey Probst. I love the shell, and I love him! I’ve been watching from day one with my family. I will never forget my youngest (who is now ) would be outside playing with all her buddies after dinner. It was summertime when the first season aired and everyone would gather outside to hang out. Normally, of course she would never want to go in and get ready for bed and on survivor night, my husband or I would say “time for us to go in, survivor’s coming on” and she would say “bye guys” to her friends and run in the house. you’re amazing. Thank you for doing the podcast. It is bringing me such joy. Continued good health to you!!
7. Sole Survivor - This is such a needed podcast. I’ve always wanted to know the behind the scenes process. Finding out the production process is a great idea and understanding. I absolutely love this show and project. I can not wait until my chance to take part in achieving the Title of Sole Survivor. My question is : Do you, Jeff, take a look at the players and decide who you think will win the game off first impressions? Thank you! -Kaitlyn-
8. A Great Podcast for the Survivor Lover - It’s great to learn more behind the scenes information about Survivor. JP does an amazing job of hosting a lighthearted and fun podcast with great additional voices added to the mix. Would highly recommend for everyone who loves survivor or who is just starting to watch now!
Everything Iconic with Danny Pellegrino breaks down reality TV and iconic pop culture moments. Special guests deep dive with Danny into the topics we all care about: The Real Housewives and nostalgic entertainment, with some fun detours along the way. Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
Release date: 2023-03-05
1. Love Danny, but not interested in interviews - I LOVE Danny and he is usually a must listen for me. The last year or so it feels like his interest is more in interviews, which he is amazing at! I just miss his regular recaps and reflections without half the episode being commercials and then rushing to get to the other half which is an interview. I absolutely love Danny, I just haven’t been able to enjoy the show as much this year.
2. Recaps with pleasant funny detours - If you enjoy Bravotv you’ll love this podcast. Danny does a good job recapping and sharing his opinion. Recaps come with a side of Danny’s detours in his mind. Some of the shows I don’t even watch every episode of anymore on bravo because the housewives are struggling but I still enjoy Danny’s fun recaps. Also give stars if Danny got you through a pandemic y’all.
3. Always Puts a Smile on My Face - I cannot even begin to describe how much I love Danny and his podcasts. Even on days I’m feeling down, Danny never fails to make me laugh and put me in a better mood. My sister is considering starting all the real housewives just to be able to listen to these podcasts because I’ve let her hear so many snippets of them and she dies laughing too. Don’t ever stop these!!!
4. Favorite podcast all around - I used to listen to this podcast to fall asleep and then the sign language project story kept me up for hours laughing. Danny is hilarious. The interviews keep getting better. I wish he had a talk show. My partner and I both listen and incorporate Danny’s phrases into our lives.
5. A disappointment in The End. - Those Libras can fool you with that phony charm. Cold n cruel from "woke" lies and treachery is more their m.o. Erika has never been charged, shahmazing has. Garcelle is overrated. And your deep prejudice against southern white women has been revealed, "millennial" dude. Wokeness destroyed rhony. Now you contribute to the next take down with head firmly buried in sand...still. I sense a return to boring scripted content. Thanks for nothing.
Every day is a brand-new beginning for Lala Kent. Get to know the actress, singer, TV personality and entrepreneur, as she dives deep into relationships, sex, betrayal, mental health, personal life, and business. Lala’s top priority is to make her listeners feel heard, understood, and inspired. To give them honesty. Give them motivation. To Give Them Lala.
Release date: 2023-03-01
1. Love the pod but so harsh on Scheana! - I’m not a die-hard for Scheana but this broke my heart! You kind of humiliated her in front of a live audience! It seemed like you were so hard on her. Also, I don’t personally know either of you so maybe Scheana wasn’t offended by this so take this opinion with a grain of salt! But with that being said, I LOVE this podcast. I listen to it every single week and will continue to do so! We have babies right around the same way so it’s so nice to hear another mom experience some of the same things!
2. Lala - Girl you have the most masculine energy I’ve ever seen in a feminine woman. Maybe find your divine feminine energy again before you start dating. This is important. Life does this to people but its almost uncomfortable to watch sometimes. You puff out your chest and talk down on other women but then say you’re for women then act like you don’t care either way. People see through this insecurity and i know it’s hard after what you’ve been through but remember- by recognizing the divine in others, you acknowledge the divine in yourself.
3. Vanderpump - Please Lauren- you are a beautiful girl- no one needs to know when you gave your last blow job- especially on a date- you must cringe looking at previous episodes where you are sucking on a baby bottle for your oral fixation - or your handstand blowjobs- god it’s so cringy- a girl this stunning to look at really doesn’t need to put it ALL out there- it’s just trashy-
4. Dumb - Are usually love this podcast, but I could not make it through the episode with lalas friends. The doctor told her she was high risk and she was offended bc she didn’t know her? Pretty sure that’s a fact if your over a certain age. Then she goes on to say it’s safer to have a home birth than give birth in a hospital?? Where there are real doctors?? You sound like an idiot.
5. All Things Bravo With Lara Marie Schoenhals - Excellent Interview!!! A Must Listen. The Best. Loved All The Nice Things Said About Vicki Gunvalson. Vicki Made OC Is OC And Needs To Come Back To The RHOC Franchise. Love You La La And Lara. I’m Just A Fan And Vicki Talks To Me And Is So Nice To All Her Fans.
6. Love Lala - just not Jess - Unfortunately, I have stopped listening like I used to. Jess repeats meme quotes and “wisdom” everyone has already read/heard and tries to make it sound like her original thoughts. She honestly takes over the podcast by talking too much. I love Lala so I’m sad I can’t tune in more.
7. Jess friken Walters - Lala, I know you love Jess but I’ve noticed a lot of your listeners really cannot stand her, myself included. Last time this was brought up you basically said you didn’t care that we felt that way. But if you love and respect your fans the way you say you do, please just take it into consideration that she is insufferable to the general public. ALL she does is agree with you and has no original thought of her own. She’s a yes man. I’m not saying get rid of her completely but maybe have her join here and there? Love you!
8. Scheana Shay - I personally LOVE the Vander pump episodes. They make great podcasts but I did want to touch on the mom subject. I have personally made the decision to not have children. It was a hard choice but one that my friends and family and partner respect. In the same way that I respect my friends’ decisions to have children. Human beings are very important and your children are the light of your life, but when you speak in certain tones it comes off like you’re telling people like me and the millions of women who struggle with infertility that our lives are less meaningful because we “will never know what it’s like”. We won’t but, whether that is by choice or not, my life still has meaning that has nothing to do with being a parent. I respect parents decisions to become parents and I am the first to help plan showers and birthdays and babysit when mom and dad need a night to themselves. But the culture of “parental arrogance” needs to stop. Being a parent is an honor and a privilege and not something to be held over someone else’s head. You NEVER know what someone deals with behind closed doors and saying things like “you’ll never know” to someone who is physically unable to ever know hits the same part of you that makes you say those words.
A daily podcast that revels in all things Bravo (and beyond!). Join Ben Mandelker and Ronnie Karam as they praise, ridicule, and eviscerate the Real Housewives, Below Deck, and whatever other crap Bravo throws at us. We mock because we love. Support us at www.patreon.com/watchwhatcrappens for bonus episodes, video recaps, and exclusive access to our Discord server.
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Laughing my way through work! - This is the only pod I’d review. I left a review years ago bc these guys are genius and hilarious. My only qualm is that whoever their marketing ppl are is seriously censoring them! The first couple years was amazing…now you can hear their very muted in what they say. I’m assuming this is bc ppl have complained-remember this is a COMEDY PODCAST-don’t take it so seriously. Still love these guys though…just not binging the newer stuff and took my Paterson membership off.
2. Watch what Crappens podcast !! - The funniest podcast ever!! The recaps on all Bravo shows are insanely funny!! I love Ronnie’s voice characters especially captain sandy “ do your food” how about a hug??& has me cracking up foolishly & the whole day I’m repeating do your food .. he has Ben laughing too & that makes me even laugh even more .. keep up the good funny podcasts guys you guys deserve your own tv show on bravo may like an after hour show it be a hit !!
3. Bravo should hire you two!! - Ben and Ronni, I watch most of these shows just so I can listen to you make fun of them. I seriously think Bravo should compensate you in some way. I’m sure there are other viewers out there who, like me, only watch Bravo because of you two! Love you guys sooo much!!!
4. Retro references - God, I love an s-era reference like Ann Jillian on “It’s a Living” or cartoon snoring with floating feather. These are like hanging out with your funniest coworker to break down trash tv. This show has gotten me through dark days as well as long laundry sessions. Invaluable!
5. Best Bravo recap podcast! - I have been listening to this podcast for so long, but am now just getting around to a review. (Sorry!) these guys are so hilarious sometimes I look forward to listening to them after a show than watching the show itself. That are spot on with impersonations and I feel like we always have the same takes. Highly recommend if you want to recap a bravo episode and be laughing to yourself alone in your car while you listen to them!
6. The good kind of brainwashing - Watch what Crappens used to be one of the podcast I listened to on a weekly basis. Now I am so deep into WWC I can’t listen to other podcast. I am going back in archives for new content of theirs. I try to switch it up with other podcast and they just don’t compare. Listen with caution because you may never be able to listen to another podcast again. Love you guys
Get ready to travel back to Waverly Place with hosts Jennifer Stone ("Harper Finkle") and David DeLuise ("Jerry Russo") as they rewatch the beloved Disney Channel series for the first time in years. Wizards of Waverly Pod includes never heard before behind-the-scenes moments, features interviews with the show's cast and crew, including Selena Gomez ("Alex Russo"), Josh Sussman ("Hugh Normous"), Peter Murrieta (Series Showrunner), and so many more. Jennifer and David also explore the show's impac...
Release date: 2023-02-27
1. Jennifer’s gotta chill - I love the whole idea of this podcast and that fact that they’re all reuniting in such a beautiful and meaningful way, however I think Jennifer needs to tone it down a bit. I don’t know if she intended to sound this way, but she sounds quite rude with how she is constantly cutting off David. Honestly, I want to hear more from him and listen to his thoughts.
2. Love you guys, huge fan! - I remember watching Wizards of Waverly place when it was on tv, and having to run to do things at commercial and hurry back to not miss anything! I have rewatched the series many many times (I’m currently rewatching it now). I love this podcast, it’s so fun hearing y’all’s thoughts and feelings about the show. It would be so cool to have a reunion! Thanks for the laughs, love all the cast!
3. Not sure how to feel - I was so excited to listen to this podcast, since I watched this show all throughout me going to high school. I’m only minutes in and the constant talking over each other/finishing each other’s sentences is making it hard to enjoy I’m not sure if I should continue listening or not to see if it gets better.
4. Loving it! - I am so loving this podcast so far… It has a very father/daughter dynamic that feels very homey (if that’s how you spell it lol)… but also you both have great personalities and it’s very easy to listen to, and it just brings me joy! I like that you are bringing every day life/experiences into talking about the episodes. I just stopped listening to a podcast that I listened to for a while… It’s a long story why I stopped lol, but anyways, now I have a new podcast that I love—so, thank you!
5. Wizards Pod - This podcast fills up my heart with warmth while listening to you guys chat all the tea and nostalgia conversations!! Keep doing what your doing Jennifer and David with unwrapping your cast memories!!! Amazing,!! Especially Selena, she seems so excited and always well spoken about her past and present.. I will hold on tight with these long catching up conversations…..
6. Love this & I definitely think it’ll get better! - Absolutely love this. Kind of all over the place and Jennifer definitely talks over David a lot but I think it’ll get better. They just have to find their rhythm. Sticking around though. I love the parts where David explains the behind the scenes aspects of things for us.
7. Love It! - The podcast I didn’t know I needed!! From my childhood bedroom being decorated in WOWP decor, to being characters of the show for halloween, getting to grow up with you both via television and now being a sophomore in college getting to listen to your podcast it’s a dream come true. Listening to y’all made me laugh, made me nostalgic, and overall just made my day! I can’t wait to keep listening. Love, Bethany
8. Enjoyed it but Jen ease up! ;) - Definitely enjoyed listening to this!! But I do wish that Jennifer would stop pretending to be asleep when David explains things that us outsiders don’t know about. I did appreciate David’s take on how everything happened backstage and off set. So excited for future episodes!!
The Ringer staff delivers a guide to the vast streaming landscape by discussing one show or movie per day, including premieres. the latest surprise Netflix hits, periodic check-ins on favorite TV shows, new movies available for streaming, and the hosts’ favorite shows to watch right away.
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. Jo finally has her equal in Rob - loving the Poker Face recaps w/ Jo & Rob! Jo sounds so relieved to finally have a podcast partner who brings as many insights as she does - as a result, their eps are full of fresh takes & joyful banter about a terrific show. they also did a great job on the Fleischman finale.
2. ATLANTA recaps with Charles and Van! - Thank you, Charles Holmes and Van Lathan for your recaps. I was late watching season of Atlanta, trying to find a time when I could binge them all. Immediately after I felt the need to discuss the whole show with somebody that loved it as much as I. You guys provided that for me with your concise breakdowns and analysis of each episode. An insightful and fun listen. I’m going to miss Atlanta, and miss you guys talking about it even more!
3. If you’re going to listen to TLOU Pod - Jo and Mal are definitively THE best at dissecting the show. Their chemistry is amazing (and has been from HOTD on) but their integration of the game and this amazing show is truly something to behold. Ideally I’d recommend the official podcast as a companion piece but if you only have time for one this is certainly it. The instant reaction pod is unfortunately less effective but this review is for the Deep Dives. Loved Sommerville’s input in episode especially that he was willing to relate it to our modern day world. Thank you ladies for the insightful, thoughtful analysis. PLEASE keep it coming!
4. KEEP REAL WORLD POLITICS OUT OF FANTASY STORIES - Usually Mallory and (sometimes) Joanna do a good job to remain neutral and keep real world politics out of the episodes. Was not a fan of one of their guests, Patrick Somerville, and his comments/takes that were frankly extremely stereotypical, judgmental, and offensive. I understand sometimes fantasy stories revolve around political ideas but if I wanted to listen to real world political talk, I would not be listening to a podcast about zombies…
5. Loving LOU recap - As a huge fan of the games, I find it refreshing to hear deep dive recaps from people who aren’t necessarily big stans of the games comparing every single detail with the show. Same level of top-tier content that the Ringer consistently puts out, IMO. Though not sure what’s happening at least with Episode deep dive - lots of audio cuts and jumps!
6. Mal & Jo - Just wanted to pop in after J&M discussed their feedback from week of The Last of Us - their perspectives are so deep and perceptive without playing the game. Stop being haters. They pick up all the richness. That’s all I gotta say. Love everything y’all pull out of the episodes, game play done or not.
7. Love the pod - Ringer devotee - this is one of my top five pods of theirs. But WHY bring in one guest host for this pod at the determinant of ALL your listeners?? God forbid we spoil some old survivor season for her .. thank god for Mallory’s genius top tier tap dancing. Still would have preferred unedited info and tell guest host to go pull weight else where.
8. Frustrating. - I really, really enjoy Joanna Robinson. I really, really do not enjoy Bill Simmons. I get that this is his network or whatever, but maybe he should stick to sports. He does not seem interested in the nuance of a show like White Lotus, so his takes are awful. Just completely wrong about obvious points and missing anything that isn’t surface level. I wish Joanna and Ben Lindbergh did every podcast on this network tbh.
Get obsessed with us. Five days a week, Pop Culture Happy Hour serves you recommendations and commentary on the buzziest movies, TV, music, books, videogames and more. Join arts journalists Linda Holmes, Glen Weldon, Stephen Thompson, and Aisha Harris - plus a rotating cast of guest pop culture aficionados. The Happy Hour team leaves room at the table for exploring a range of reactions and opinions on every bit of the pop universe. From lowbrow to highbrow to the stuff in between, they take it a...
Release date: 2023-03-06 Genre:TV & Film > Film Reviews
1. Show has completely unraveled - The show USED to be a celebration of all forms of art, artists and the artistic process - from the silly to the superb. Now it’s just dissecting a movie’s representation (and how it fails to meet the panel’s standards), condescending laughter, and no heart. Ever since they moved to a day format and introduced Statler and Waldorf - Aisha - the show took on an increasingly negative and dismissive tone. Looking at the most recent reviews, it seems quite clear that many feel similarly so I don’t understand why they keep pushing further in this direction. Linda is still the absolute greatest and if they included who was hosting each episode in the description, I could at least know which ones to listen to. Since they don’t, it’s going to have to be a full unsubscribe. After a decade of listening.
2. Awful Podcast. Definitely not the level of professionalism that I expect from NPR. - Listened to a few episodes and could not finish. Each host and guest are pretentious, awful, and are no way even remotely interested in the topic. I’m all for different opinions, but if they have to resort to making fun of something to get their point across, that’s just juvenile. I expected better, NPR!
3. The Best Man Final Chapters - Hated their description of The Best Man Final Chapters. The series gave the fans closure and a deeper dive into the each character and what they were battling with regarding friendship, family, marriage, aging parents, health. Murch’s character was the prime example of him trying to find his own way, sharing his true feelings about his friendships and finding time for self-care.
4. Enjoyable listen - For the most part I enjoy this podcast and really like the hosts. Their have been a few instances where I have deeply rolled my eyes. The Yellowstone episode, for example, was ridiculous. Rather than be a review of the show, it decided to make a it political critique, insulting and making assumptions about the type of people who watch it. These types of mishaps don’t happen often, but when they do, it turns me off.
5. Smart pop culture recommendations - Love the PCHH team’s reviews of different varieties of pop culture specially on some of less known programs.
There is a small film called “The half of it” on Netflix almost checks every box Linda’s wish list while reviewing “smiley” excepts it’s coming of age movie. Check it out and hope you’ll like it.
6. Daily Degrade - I used to really enjoy this podcast, but the change to daily episodes has really degraded the overall show. There are MANY episodes now that I skip as they try to fill every day of the week. In addition to that, they rarely have a full panel anymore. Often episodes are just two people talking about the movie. I personally like it a lot more when there are more opinions presented. I really wish they would go back to once a week and only focus on movies/shows that are worth discussing. Do a bonus episode every so often - sure! But the forced daily episodes are just not working.
7. Love the honesty and also Aisha’s Millennial attitude - The criticism and knowledge is fantastic. Glen (who is brilliantly hilarious) and Linda (who is honest and trustworthy) are both thoughtful and professional. Aisha brings the Millennial energy of self-congratulatory correction and Stephen is self-congratulatory of his own humor. Together, they all work. A great listen.
8. Overly critical film reviews - I really love so many NPR radio shows, podcasts, etc., but find this particular podcast frustrating to listen to since the podcasters are often critical based on their personal experiences and their personal lives, and are not inclusive of age, diverse backgrounds and more in their reviews. I find they tend to be contrarian and critical just for the sake of being critical. Perhaps a more broad-based background of the reviewers would help.
An exploration of all the pop culture we love to hate, from the classic reality TV moments of the past and present, to the latest Daily Mail headlines and everything in between. We'll dive into all the infamous and notorious messes you can't stop watching-we're looking at you, Jax Taylor. Twitter: @sobaditsgood3, @ryanbailey25 Instagram: @sobaditsgoodwithryanbailey, @ryanbailey25 Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Release date: 2023-03-05 Genre:TV & Film > TV Reviews
1. Great content - I love pop culture and podcasts…and music. The first time I listened I was confused, but now? I can’t wait to hear Ryan’s mashups at the start. I love the content and his guests, he’s not a gatekeeper. His personal twist is also charming. I like reality and he delivers it, asking me think about the very show I probably watched prior.
2. Amazing!! - Ryan you are such a champ!! Thank you for providing hours and hours of amazing content. I am so thankful for you and your show and I hope you know how talented you are. You make your guests feel so welcomed, comfortable, and celebrated and your energy always shines through. You’re amazing
3. Love Love Love! - Thanks Ryan and Maritza, Sandra, and team for all you do! Love this podcast and appreciate all the work and passion you put into it. I feel like you are one of my best friends, even if you don’t my know me! I am a biologist who listens to you while living life, working at home, or working in the field for days on end. You are along for the “ride” almost every single day! We share many similar challenges with health, physical and mental. Thank you for helping me laugh and feel less alone! Love you Woohoo Baddy Nation
4. - Omg Kate legako Was the worst guest you’ve probably ever had . And I hated Megan Rooney . I never had the need to comment though . But that one takes the cake . Wow. I’m still going to rate stars because I appreciate you as a host but wow what a person lacking of any type of charisma or charm.
5. Truly Love It! - So amazing- it’s entertaining, heartfelt, and sincere. He truly loves talking about pop culture and his energy for it is contagious. I came for the bravo (which he is still very active with), but stayed for his genuine spirit and openness to share his life- also Sophie Ross on Mondays is hilarious!
6. Great podcast - Listened to Ryan today, talking to his mom about her chemo. Becky is such an upbeat person who has a positive attitude! Inspirational. Also, I agree with Ryan about SLC this season. What a disappointment. If Dallas got canceled, this should too. The storylines never got closure. Heather’s black eye? Never answered. I personally think she did it herself. So many things unanswered. Ryan points it all out. And Ryan, I’m with you on her book too. Not gonna buy it. Does that make her a “Poor Mormon?”
7. Enjoyable without impressions - I enjoy long form pods and tune in each week for the pop culture round up. I appreciate the effort Ryan puts into each show. However the Lisa Rinna impression is enough to make me crawl into the fetal position and cry, I cannot hit the fast forward button quick enough. Please put it on a shelf, I can’t imagine anyone finds it entertaining.
8. Yes, Ryan, we do like you! - Awesome podcast. Creative , funny and you can dance to it. What more do you need in a ‘cast??!
Love this guy. I wish I could tell him how all he can do for his mom is to “improve the quality of her day.” You can’t save her. It’s not in your control. All you can do is what you ARE doing. You are an amazing son.
'The Rewatchables,' a film podcast from the Ringer Podcast Network, features The Ringer’s Bill Simmons and a roundtable of people from the Ringer universe discussing movies they can’t seem to stop watching. Listen to the complete archives of 150-plus movies, including 'The Hangover,' 'Godfather 2,' 'Dunkirk,' 'Creed,' and many more classics, on our special 'Rewatchables' page on The Ringer.
Release date: 2023-02-21
1. Thank You for Whiplash Discussion - I don’t know if you read these, but I want to thank you for the Whiplash pod. The first time I saw it I was so tied up in the jazz flaws (from my point of view as a life long musician) that I couldn’t appreciate the movie for what it was. Sean, you are a gem and a light. I watched it tonight with a new perspective and it moved me. You guys provide a true gift and I know that sounds corny, but in these cynical times it’s rare for me to feel outside myself and be totally immersed in something beautiful. Your insight and depth are so appreciated.
2. Lost its charm quickly - The earliest episodes with Simmons, Ryan and Fennessey had a joy and a charm to them and the movies were actually rewatchable. As time went on and hosts were added it became banal content generation. By the time Van Lathan was added as a host the paucity of ideas was clear; let’s add a host who replaces nouns, verbs and adverbs with swear words. The occasional swear can add excitement or emphasis. I thought the Ringer was a group of writers also recording podcasts. Why all the cursing? Oh well… still a few early gems worth listening to.
3. A Movie Lover’s Go To Podcast - Great discussions, entertaining and informative. I often rewatch movies after listening to the podcast episode, or watch movies I haven’t seen but should have. My only criticism is that shows with more than three hosts tend to get disjointed with people talking over each other. Best shows are with Bill and Chris alone. Do Apollo next!
4. Mallory Rubin - Woah. That lady is insufferable. She can’t possibly talk like that (and have friends) in real life. Abject crap, no thank you. Oh yeah, that Chris Ryan guy stinks too. Rubin and Ryan should link up to launch the most unlistenable pod ever. Wake up Bill. You’re blowing it on what could and should be a weekly go to. Currently skippable.
5. You finally did it! - I was away for awhile. I decided the Rewatchables was just what I was in the mood for and there it was. MAN. ON. FIRE. I’ll admit I wasn’t tracking your reticence to do this movie. I was a little worried that maybe you didn’t love it as much as I do. Nope. You treated it as the holy grail that it is. It’s my favorite Denzel. My favorite Dakota. My favorite Tony. It is also one of my favorite love stories and favorite revenge vehicles. It is sacred in the way that Heat, True Romance, Thelma and Louise, and Harold and Maude are to me. It is the holder of many APEX MOUNTAINS! I also LOVE Proof of Life and appreciate how often you bring it into the mix. I’m often delighted that your surprising Rewatchables are my surprising Rewatchables. Thank you for this show and for treating the films you discuss with the respect they deserve, making it fun, and bringing in all the background research. Sometimes you ponder whether any women are listening…I am! And yes, I was born in . So, there ya go Kirsten
6. Mostly good - Honestly the women are so annoying. They go on and on with almost no point. Mallory does weird inflections with her voice, it’s almost impossible to listen to. I fast forward through most of the women speaking, trying to be woke and PC about everything. Yeah pretty much everything you review wouldn’t cut it in . We get it.
7. Wet Blanket Wesley - Not only is The Rewatchables consistently one of the best and most enjoyable podcasts out there, but I actually think the Godfather II episode is the best podcast episode I've heard, period. It's a work of art in its own right. I must agree with others here, however: Wet Blanket Wesley doesn't fit. He makes it difficult to listen while driving, because his blowhardy self-importance consistently causes one's eyes to involuntarily roll into the back of their head, making it impossible to focus on the road. He's the only regular guest that has a schtick, and I think most people have rightly grown tired of it. Other than that, top-notch. Thank you for the countless hours of enjoyment.
8. Bill and Sean only - Cannot stand any of these people except Bill and Sean. Please stop ending every sentence with the word question “right?”. Chris Ryan is so obnoxious and uncool. Bragging that he “got Warnock elected” was so gross. He laughs manically at nothing. The black dudes only talk in cliches about black perspectives. We get it, you only want to talk about black stuff. The women are an immediate no. They are LA robots.
We're sending you to 1993 when TGIF reigned supreme and “Boy Meets World” first premiered. Danielle, Will and Rider are going back to school as they rewatch every episode of the iconic series, sharing memories, behind the scenes moments, and all the “Boy Meets World” stories a fan could ever want. Relive your first crush, first kiss, favorite moments and all the life lessons with Topanga, Eric, and Shawn.
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. This is for Will! Great podcast btw guys - I have been enjoying the podcast I arrived to the USA when the local channels were airing reruns of the first two seasons at the same time they were airing Batman/Superman adventures and animaniacs. Anyway I was watching my a random documentary on the pumping iron movie about Arnold swartzeneger and one of the guys from mash was actually almost in pumping iron but i just thought I’d throw it out there to Will Friedle all I ask in return is say hi to Jorge Mendoza :) it’d be a huge honor to yours truly. Keep going guys I’ve been enjoying every single podcast you guys make me look back at one of the hardest times in my life in a pleasant way bc I left Mexico in and was one of Hispanic students in all of my middle school th grade class. So I got all of Cory’s anxieties x . Lol cheers
2. Love it! - I work from home and this podcast brings me so much comfort! I love to hear all about the episodes and it makes me so glad that everyone’s still friends and had an overall good experience on one of my favorite shows, thank you guys for the work you do in making this podcast! Makes my days brighter!
3. LOVE - I look forward to listening to this every week. Danielle Fishel is such a great host! It is so cool hearing the team’s insight on the show and recapping all of their memories from the time on the show. The little ’s kid in me explodes with joy every time I listen! Thank you, guys for creating this
4. They feel like friends! - Grew up watching the show - it was my comfort show through my teenage years. as a year old now, it feels like catching up with old friends! I love the episodes where it’s just the of them talking, sharing memories and swapping stories. Danielle, Rider and Will are so fun, uplifting, honest and entertaining!
5. Nostalgic Fun - I am LOVING this podcast! It’s great to revisit my fave childhood show and gain insight into the hosts’ continued friendship, while hearing their thoughts and reflections on the show. I also adore the inclusivity of guests from all aspects of the show. I am just thankful to Jim Abbott for coming up with the idea for the podcast!
6. Love this podcast! - I can’t say enough good things about this podcast! I loved watching Boy Meets World growing up. My daughter loved watching Girl Meets World. When I told her about Boy Meets World she was so excited and watched it! She loved it too! I so much enjoy hearing Rider, Danielle, and Will’s perspectives while watching the episodes. And just getting to know them a bit as “people”. lol You can hear how close they all are and that’s pretty amazing too! Every time an episode is done, I can’t wait until a new one comes out! It’s my favorite podcast! Thanks for thinking of it Danielle!
7. Bring back my childhood - I have been LOVING listening to this podcast about my favorite childhood series! Listening to you guys talk about the ins and outs of Hollywood, how things are done in the background, how you feel about show today vs when it was being filmed, it’s all so much fun. There’s so many times I’m laughing right along with you guys about the stories you tell. Somethings I never even noticed even after watching the series over and over again throughout the years. Keep it up and I can’t wait to hear more as you continue with each episode and bring more guests on!
8. Well.. I didn’t expect that.. - Love this podcast! Love Boy Meets World! I’m reliving my childhood all over again! I did not expect the Harley Keiner episode to be so incredibly emotional. Bravo to Pod for bringing us this incredible guest and discussing these difficult topics with such love and grace. Bravo to Danny McNulty for being so incredibly open and honest and willing to share his emotional and mental struggles with fans. I didn’t expect to be listening to this and cleaning my house with tears streaming down my face! Love to you all!!
Not just another bad movie podcast, Blank Check reviews directors' complete filmographies episode to episode. Specifically, the auteurs whose early successes afforded them the rare ‘blank check’ from Hollywood to produce passion projects. Each new miniseries, hosts Griffin Newman and David Sims delve into the works of film’s most outsized personalities in painstakingly hilarious detail. Produced by Ben Hosley.
Release date: 2023-02-26 Genre:TV & Film > Film Reviews
1. Justice for Griffin - David, chill out! Sometimes the most fun in Podcasts can be had by getting a little off track. It drives me nuts when you get irritated at Griffin for coloring outside the lines. I was genuinely interested in you guys thoughts on Marcia Lucas’ overall input on the OT and a million others things until you shut them all down. This is a five-star podcast if you lighten up a bit. Overall, great podcast, just let it breath a little.
2. The best podcast about movies - Lin Manuel Miranda rapping all of producer Bens nicknames in the “All that Jazz” episode might be the best thing to ever Grace my ears let alone in podcasting. While most people who talk on the internet about movies usually feel like there is anger behind even the most positive review or seem tired, On “Blank Check with Griffin and David” there is a joy to just discussing movies. All movies, big small sideways upside down indies blockbusters anything. If it’s filmed with a camera and feature length they will discuss it with joy. I started in with there Star Wars podcast and then picked the filmography’s I have seen and gone back and filled in the gaps. I leaned something new from ever new episode I listen too.
3. more of everything - i love it all. i love the tangents, i love the interruptions, i love the weird alleys they turn down that more often than not lead somewhere cool, i love when david gets exasperated at griffin, i love when griffin says ‘you know’ for the th time to just make sure everyone heard his point, i love when they giddily laugh at dumb stuff, and i love movies and the way these lovely knuckleheads discuss them. i also love alex ross perry and vehemently disagree with every review which says otherwise. his absolute ocd love of movies and movie ephemera makes me happy every time i see he’s the guest. i hereby vote for more alex ross perry. also ben is alright for a porch watching and jeans burying finest film critic the world has ever known. he’s the cheese holding the sandwich together, making it just a bit tastier. and like good cheese. a nice munster or cave aged cheddar.
4. Just listened to Beyond the Lights - Long time listener, first time reviewer. Love the pod like crazy, but Ayo Edebiri was an absolute joy. At the end of the episode, when she makes the boys all say they love each other, it made me smile so much I had to share some love for the podcast myself. Love you Griffin! Love you David! Love you Ben! Great episode to start on IMO
5. Intelligence and insightful hosts but frustrating listen - The host of the show really know their stuff but unfortunately it’s one of those podcasts where they seem to think it’s really cute to endlessly go off on weird tangents instead of discussing this subject at hand. For example it’s sometimes minutes before they introduced the show and just ramble up until then. I just wish they had a good editor or there was someone to enforce some kind of discipline on their proceedings
Two "ex-housewives" Watching, Recapping, Armchair Quarterbacking, Breaking Down all the Breaking News. Teddi Mellencamp and Tamra Judge team up to Tell All. Listen each week as they watch and rehash as only they can. Who knows housewives better than housewives?! Right?! Teddi and Tamra are Two Ts in a Pod. (Telling All).
Release date: 2023-03-03
1. Exorcism ad no good - used to be my fav - Get rid of this awful devil demon ad people don’t want to hear it! This was one of my favorite podcasts, not so much anymore. Teddi belligerently talks over Tamra so often it’s annoying. Tamra way more entertaining. What a crock back peddling about what Jac said re Messy Gorga. Disappointing there are receipts all over internet of her shady boots getting on RHONJ and her behavior on show all these years. We get it your biased. Buh Bye
2. Love this pod! - It’s a good pod for any housewives fan, so much so that I listen to their recap before watching the show most times. The genuine relationship that you ladies have is awesome to witness. I also give kudos to you both for handling the hate that comes your way, especially you, Teddi! You are both beautiful women who should be proud of the lane that you started. I do yell at the screen sometimes when Tamra has an opinion that doesn’t take the full picture into consideration, but I know that’s about perspective. How often have you been a single woman in a room full of married people? Your brain would process things differently. For instance, the Gisele/Chris B stuff…she has been single for a while and is very attractive, can you imagine how many times she’s been either hit on or accused of trying to steal someone’s man? She said she was uncomfortable being in a closed-door room with a married man, she didn’t say that he was flirting or saying anything appropriate just that she didn’t want to be in a situation where someone can start a rumor. I know there’s another big one that I’m not remembering at the moment, but you get the gist. Also, I agree with a lot of the comments about the sound, it can be very frustrating to turn up the volume so that we can hear one of you speak but then Tamra or Teddi will get close to the mic and get loud at the same time. Friendly suggestion, maybe get closer to the mic for most of the talking then back away when you need to get loud. I love you ladies and this pod and I hope you continue to let the positive vibes flow and block out the keyboard cowboys as much as possible!!
3. Biased - I already thought Teddi was insufferable but this podcast proves it. The apology to Melissa was the final straw for me. There’s receipts backing up everything Jacqueline said on your show but you two folded and apologized to Melissa. For what? She lied. It’s been proven that she lied. If you can’t be honest there’s no reason to support your podcast.
4. Unoriginal crap - Let’s face it these two are trying to slowly but surely morph into Juicy Scoop.. like honestly the last episode was a Joke when they said “oddly enough we do talk about other topics besides housewives” then proceeded to talk about a murder trial.. seem familiar?? Stop stealing content ideas from other creators ladies it’s sad & pathetic. Maybe that’s why you dropped from almost stars to . People are catching on to how uninteresting you are!
5. Love hate relationship - I have a love hate relationship with this podcast. I love Tamra but I hate Teddi. Tamra, if you were a drug you would be an upper and Teddi would be a downer. Teddi’s voice is so monotone and she’s always so negative, like is your life really that miserable? Can’t you replace her with Taylor Armstrong or someone? I only listen if there is someone on that I really want to hear from, otherwise I don’t bother.
6. Almost a great podcast… - Tamra (and guest hosts) is the saving grace of this podcast. Teddy is incapable of being unbiased whenever her besties are mentioned on RHBOH recaps. There’s always an excuse for Kyle’s behavior and enough with the Fox force four or five. It’s so played out. As people have mentioned, she talks over Tamra constantly, always sounds like she’s yelling, and pounds her hands on the table. Understand being animated but maybe she needs a pillow to beat instead. Please stop having Teddi read. Her monotone voice makes me tune out. I imagine her kids fell asleep fast listening to her at bedtime. There are so many other ex-housewives who aren’t so tight with current housewives and would be a better fit for this podcast. Teddi didn’t completely bother me as a housewife or at the beginning of this podcast, but now I’m starting to see what so many have been saying all this time. Also, Tamra…I love you but it’s , can we please STOP only commenting on women’s bodies when they are thin and petite? Talking about Dr. Nicole’s “perfect body, perfect butt, perfect boobs”…what kind of message are you sending the average woman who is a size ? How about we stop talking about women’s bodies in general, ok?
7. I like it but some feedback - It’s ironic that Teddi can talk about Jackie’s book when she runs a company that is disordered. She runs a company that if someone is predisposed to the disease of an eating disorder and they joined, they could die. Eating disorders involve hospitalizations, treatment stays, etc. Teddi has no idea. I know she helps a lot of people, but she literally is diet culture.
8. FIX THE APP!!! AGAIN // - Update: AGAIN, I started the episode, got out the car to go into post office, got back in car to start it again, ITS FROZE!!!!! Fix YOUR SHOW! Anytime I don’t finish an episode and go back to try and listen, it NEVER PLAYS AGAIN!!! So if I listen only seconds, I don’t get to hear the rest of the episode ever again! Cheating in my eyes trying to stay in the top BUT WE CANT LISTEN TO IT ALL!!! Fix this ish!!
Take yourself back in time...back to high school. The ups and downs, the loves the losses, the struggles the triumphs, being together with your friends...feeling every emotion of it. Is 23 more than just a number to you? Do you respond to people by saying I don't wanna be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately? Do you expect to have life-changing moments while caught in the confetti or the rain? Are you One Tree Hill obsessed?...it's OK...we're here for you. You can si...
Release date: 2023-02-27
1. Terrible!!! - I don’t care about celebrities nor do I follow any celebrities on social media. However, I was excited to listen to this podcast - get insights and different opinions from the three main female roles from one of my favorite shows! That changed quickly!!! I had to stop listening to the podcast and stop following it on social media. These girls are judgmental, hypocritical, arrogant, immature, narrow-minded, and a plethora of other adjectives. They are unable to separate the characters from the actors who played them. They are also unable to watch the show objectively. They trash the writing - let’s remember this was a teen drama done in the early ’s and not some critically acclaimed, award-winning show. They constantly whine about the way they were objectified yet they have no qualms about objectifying the men on the show. They act as though they were forced to do all the things they had to - newsflash, you could have said no. You stayed for the money and fame - that’s all fine and dandy but shut up about it already! They are completely out of touch with reality - mainly Sophia Bush and Hilarie Burton. Sophia loves to push her extreme, leftist views - she spends more time going off on her political tangents than dissecting the episodes (this is supposed to be a rewatch podcast, correct?!?). Hilarie spends most of her time repeating the same stories from her own high school experience - nobody cares about your life in Virginia anymore! I still remember when one of the girls (can’t remember who) said that acting is the hardest job in the world. Absolutely ridiculous! These two girls preach about love and kindness yet they are mean-spirited and insufferable both on the podcast and in real life. Bethany Joy Lenz is the only one who is somewhat tolerable to listen to - however, the other girls (especially Sophia) talk over her. If you want to listen to some bitter, -year-old women moan incessantly about the show that made them “famous” or have their political opinions shoved down your throat, then, this is the podcast for you. If you want to listen as someone actually dissects the episodes in an unbiased way, then, I suggest you go looking elsewhere. The only positive thing I can say about this podcast - “Drama Queens” is an accurate title because these girls are nothing but drama (and, not the entertaining kind!).
2. Love the show, hate the chewing sounds - I love this show so much and I love listening every week so so much BUT I need Joy to stop eating while recording. It often sounds like she is talking with food in her mouth and it’s very distracting and annoying and NOW she is podcasting while driving!!! Hunni if you can’t carve the time out of your day to record during times you are not eating or driving please sit the week out. It’s simply unsafe and a horrible example to set. Holy unsafe driving!
3. Disappointed - I was so excited when this first aired. I’ve loved OTH since it was on tv. The first few episodes were wonderful, but it’s since steadily declined. Sophia is very preachy, and isn’t able to see any points of view that differ from her own. She bulldozes anyone who tries to say something, whether they’re disagreeing or not. It’s hugely obnoxious. Also, she can’t separate herself from Brooke, and will make excuses for anything Brooke does, no matter how awful. Yet in the same breath she’ll tear apart other characters for their flaws, and completely write them off. Hilarie tries too hard to come off as cool. I actually thought she was the coolest ever before the podcast came out - I loved her book and the farm updates she shared online, but now she seems very forced. Joy is the only one who has kept me listening for this long, but unfortunately I’m over it at this point. Especially when the other ladies don’t even let her get a word in edgewise. Sophia dominating her sharing her thoughts on abortion was horrendous and embarrassing. Even if I don’t always agree with what Joy says, at least she’s respectful of the other ladies and let’s them finish their thoughts before replying. The podcast isn’t fun to listen to anymore, and I’ve even lost interest in the show. The ladies continually trash the show and the writing, and are convinced they single handedly saved a show they clearly hate with their “amazing” acting skills. Any time a character they don’t like (ahem, Lucas) does something, he’s horrendous. If any of their characters do, it was simply terrible writing. Again, especially Sophia. They constantly objectify the male actors they find attractive, to the point where it’s cringey and awkward. But in the same breath, they complain about misogyny when their looks are focused on or even mentioned, unless it’s by one of them. They’re so hypocritical. And please give us, the listeners, more credit: we know the early s is different from present day - many of us grew up back then, and we are able to deduce what did not age well. It’s just a cheesy teen soap, after all.
4. OTH forever and always - I’m a huge fan of the show, I was ecstatic when I found about this podcast. I’ve listened to it since it first began. I was so bummed St. Louis wasn’t in the Drama Queen tour, but hopefully one day it’ll get to me since there’s several seasons left. Hearing you guys talk about the episodes brings me back to all the emotions I felt when first watching it.
5. Love this show - So I’m playing catch-up again with the episodes and just listened to the one where Peyton draws the bulldog on her wall to “protect” her. I just want to weigh in and say that the English bulldog is the mascot for the Marine Corp, and she named him Derek so it’s a metaphor that her brother is watching over her. I didn’t think about this when I originally watched the show because I didn’t know but having served and now knowing the mascots this made a lot more sense now! I do love listening to you guys though it’s cool to hear what you guys went through and your thoughts on the show and how the storyline played out.
6. It’s ok - I love OTH it’s one of my favorites. This podcast is exciting to listen to every Monday! However I do agree with the other reviews I have seen. I am bummed to hear all kinds of trailing off to other subjects especially politics and the repetitive conversations of “the men” on your show. We all understand what you all were put through by now, and I get it, it comes up from time to time. But I just think your viewers come here for the nostalgia of the series and to hear the joyful memories and the nice behind the scenes moments that we don’t know about. It seems like you all speak mostly negatively which is not fun to hear every week. Other than joy, she is very easy going. Also the elephant in the room, where are James and chad?? It’s been a while and to still not have them on once is a bit obnoxious. Atleast give an explanation. Overall I do like to listen to you guys, just Some skipping forward happens lol. And for the love of God please stop pushing your views on people!!!
7. Ruined the show for me - I was beyond excited for this podcast. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE One Tree Hill!! I’ve rewatched several times and fall even more in love with the show every time. My teenagers love it and I was excited for what they could learn from it because some of the messages are really meaningful. Sadly, this podcast has ruined it for me. There is so much negativity centered around every single aspect of the show. It’s so heartbreaking to us that hold this show so close to our hearts to have it ripped to shreds by these ladies. I expected better honestly and I am so let down.
8. Celebs Politics - This show had such a great opportunity to be wonderful, just like the tv show, however, in quite a few episodes these girls have to bring up politics. Not just mention them, but also it’s clear what their views are. Such a disappointment that they cannot discuss anything without trying to push things.
Welcome to Giggly Squad. Each week, Hannah Berner and Paige DeSorbo make fun of everything, but most importantly themselves. They discuss pop culture, fashion trends, television, horoscopes, mental health, dating, and expose their personal lives. Also, they can't be managed. Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
Release date: 2023-02-21
1. Love love love - Absolutely the best podcast I’ve listened to. Always giggling, always making me giggle, always spot on relatable, always discussing topics people want to know about but are to embarrassed to ask. Pretty girls with ugly girl personality and we are here for it. even though we are decentering men from our life’s I love the Craig’s and des convos
2. Obsessed - But can I just say I feel like Paige is the funny one and kind of gives Hannah most of her material. Hannah posted a tik tok on “her” theory of the longer the caption the shorter the relationship and I’m like that’s not your theory, that was literally born on giggly bc of Paige. I just feel like Hannah’s constantly regurgitating the same stuff! So.. mostly just here for Paige but loveeee this show so much.
3. Thank you for todays episode. - Thank you for discussing husbands & gaslighting!!!! OMG. They always think they're always right... I can't take it. This episode made me feel not so alone in my agony & actually made me laugh about my miserable feelings today. Thank you ladies. By the way I've been married for years, together for years.
4. Just like hanging out with your friends - I spent the last few months renovating the laundry room in my house...and I listened to every single episode. This podcast was a great listen for a year old (attempting to) navigate all of life’s changes. Listening is just like hanging out with your friends. Thank you Hannah and Paige!!
5. Helping me get through a really hard mental health time - You both will never know how much you’ve helped me during a really tough time battling PTSD and major depression. Listening to your pod makes me laugh and distract me and I look forward to every Tuesday. Thank you so much for the giggles, chuckles and belly laughs.
6. OG-OLD GIGGLER! - Original, loyal, giggler here. Happened upon your daily Instagram Lives back in March and never left you. My life is full of men; husband, all sons and all brothers so listening to some girl talk was refreshing. I used to watch hidden in my bedroom, laughing out loud. Now, I patiently wait for Tuesday to listen during my daily walk. Yes, ladies, I am old enough to be your mother and I am so proud of both of you. Keep doing what you’re doing never losing sight that Family is the one thing that will keep you grounded and strong.
7. favorite moments - -Craig eating Italian for the first time
-Polo eating every time he comes back in
-only eat bread in Europe
-feast of seven fishes
-Hannah looking for a person named Chanel instead of an earring
-des having a “heart attack” in the restaurant
-all of the bachelorette but especially becca moments (bring her on the pod) -Hannah getting roasted by the little six year old at fashion week
-Hannah’s hotel room situation with that male comedian
-if you have sex with your socks on...
Every night, Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen brings you lively conversations about everything in the world of entertainment, politics, and pop culture. Now, get that same dose of celebrity (and Bravolebrity) fun as a podcast! Subscribe to hear every episode, plus the live after show and exclusive behind-the-scenes content. Join the conversation! Twitter: @BravoWWHL Instagram: @BravoWWHL Facebook: Facebook.com/WatchWhatHappensLive Download the Bravo app to watch all your favorite shows...
Release date: 2023-03-03
1. Wendy - I watch WWHL religiously and realize that the housewives do what they do. HOWEVER, Wendy got to go. The entire time she was on, she kept looking at herself in the monitor. She and her conceited fake ss needs to be checked and checked out of Potomac. Btw Wendy…you ARE NOT a Nigerian queen by ANY stretch of the imagination except your own.
2. TrashTV - Andy Cohen and Bravo TV like to bank of women’s quarrel’s, connections, and lifestyles — only to tear it all apart. Men like to use women like the Bravo Network only to destroy their lives, self image — and now marriages. And don’t forget … FREEDOM. Get the handcuffs ready. Andy make sure you film that too. Gotta sleep well tonight.
3. Recovering listener /viewer - If one wants to become dumber than a rock (an insult to rocks) keep listening and watching WWHL. I once enjoyed Bravo shows as an escape, but not at the expense of further intellectual decline. Bravo, is no longer an escape for me, but a reminder of our gross celebration of consumer culture.
4. Let’s be real… - What do you expect? Rules for thee not for thee, virtual signaling, apologetics, cherry picking, crawfishing…. Ironically enough served from literally what is dubbed “the most privileged of classes” but I mean hopefully the irony is not only lost on me. As Neitzche stated loosely “ stare long enough into the abyss and eventually it will begin to look back at you”… but I mean have any of use really come here to be enlightened Now that’s scary.
5. Tired of getting lectured - I loved the bravo shows as an escape from reality. Completely vapid and my guilty pleasure. Housewives, Southern Charm, etc etc. But now each show is slowly turning into one giant lecture. Served with a side of “listen to us, we’re better than you…” well, no you’re not. No longer interested.
6. Cornball - Andy is a real cornball for the way that he treated Monique and Chris Samuels. She knew what she saw but cornball Andy, Wrinkled neck no man havingJezebel, and her trusted boring behind sidekick Robyn lied about what went down at the winery. Jezebel knows that was her hand nudging Monique and we all saw the wine glass fly. Wendy is a bore and Candiace the crying chihuahua are is an absolute turn off. Im done with RHOP and anything else Andy has a hand in. The Grande Dame is the only thing left to see but I will support her by buying her merchandise.
7. The “Watch What Crappens” Talented Podcasters - So glad to see you finally invited the hysterically funny duo of Ben & Ronnie from Watch What Crappens podcast to your Watch What Happens show. Their creative & engaging recapping of Bravo reality shows are responsible for bringing new viewers like me to some Bravo shows I’d never thought about watching. So glad to see them finally recognized by Bravo.
8. Problematic - Andy Cohen never holds any cast member on any of the shows on Bravo accountable for any of their problematic behavior like Jax’s verbal abuse to his wife as well as their attitudes towards the lgbtq community, Stassi and Kristens covert racism towards Faith, and lastly the blatant sweeping under the rug by Lisa Vanderpump about these issues.
Review of Vanderpump Rules
Release date: 2023-03-03
1. Ariana/Tom - This wasn’t planned - this was not a storyline. The conclusions you drew were inaccurate. Lala didnt know for months, this was only discovered on Wednesday. They had issues and didn’t display on camera. Lala was saying “you’ll see why I am triggered” because of how she treated Katie. They extended filming two more weeks - it was not planned. This is silly. But actually real life people being hurt.
2. Cringy - Used to enjoy listening but find it hard to get through an episode now. It is way too one sided. We know who their favorites are and they can do no wrong. They will always be Team Scheana whether she is in the wrong or not. Impressions are terrible and need to stop. Soon as Katie is mentioned, Sarah puts on a voice and you immediately get the vibe that they are against her. The Peter impression is so cringy.
3. There’s Potential - Great potential to be great but like others have said..Sarah’s coughing and mic issue makes it a hard listen. Also wish they could go straight to the content and detail some of scenes they’re talking about instead of providing a brief generalization and talking about a different show. Also, is it possible to cut out some of the coughing and talking about directions?
4. Total snore - This show is unfathomably boring. They are slow to get going and actually talk about the content. Sara C. always sounds as if she’s just getting over a cold. I’m not sure which one of them is constantly breathing into the microphone but it’s very distracting. I’ve tried listening to several episodes and while they’re over an hour long, only about is worth listening to.
5. NO! - Stop using your kid to get attention from the cast or anything else. It’s so inappropriate for an elementary school child to know so much about this show. You’re unhinged doing that. Also? Who wants to donate money to a kid who lives in Orange County? If you can’t afford your lifestyle, move. Or your kid will have to do less activities. Having your kid beg for money on your podcast is disturbing. I question how much of a stage mother Holly is and hope her kids are ok and grow up to realize none of this was ok. Considering Holly has a weird relationship with her own mom, maybe she should look inward. I’m out.
6. Overdue five star review! - I’m going to keep this brief, but it’s right from the heart. Hollie and Sarah have seen me through many late night nursing sessions, long, pregnant, pandemic walks, and nearly countless life changes. Yes, it’s a podcast about the show… and they have gone to the ends of the Earth to cover every aspect of this show, but it’s more than that. The podcast is also about evolution - of the show, of friendships, of lives, of the world and our views about it. Although they, we, and many of the other listeners may have different opinions, we’re able to find common ground, and honestly, in the world that we’re living in right now, if that isn’t hope, I’m not quite sure what is. Thank you for all the shared laughs, (cries), cringes, and delights! I look forward to you keeping my ears company every week.
7. Good but Holly Needs to Step It Up - I like both ladies a lot and they do a ton of homework and go to events to report first person accounts. However it’s super annoying when Holly decides to resign herself to saying nothing but “sweet” “nice” and “cool.” She sounds annoyed and tired. If you’re annoyed and tired reschedule recording with Sarah. I feel bad for her she is basically talking to herself and has to carry the show alone. It’s very awkward for the listeners.
8. They do their research but…. - I really want to like this podcast. I continue to listen hoping it gets better. The hosts really research the show and know the insides of it. But they are difficult to listen. They cough. The audio is inconsistent. Hollie doesn’t seem interested. People walk into the podcast routinely. It’s just not enjoyable.
Betches Media presents Mention It All, a podcast dedicated to breaking down all things Bravo. Your host, certified Bravoholic Dylan Hafer, is covering everything Real Housewives and more, including weekly episode recaps and analysis, the latest social media drama, and interviews with your favorite Bravolebrities. For more Bravo memes, commentary, and special guests, follow @bravobybetches on Instagram.
Release date: 2023-03-02 Genre:TV & Film > After Shows
1. Fun but wrong - I am listening to this a week late so you probably did not realize that there are receipts about the engagement party seatingMelissa was annoyed that she wasn't sitting there her children and asked to be moved so yes once again she just made up a lie and lied and lied and lied. That's what she does
2. Not good anymore - I used to love this podcast. I looked forward to it every week. Since losing one of the main host’s (which they never addressed, it was weird) I can’t make it through mins without turning it off. The guest host’s are awful and chaotic, not in a fun way. I wish Dylan had a permanent co-host. I feel like the vibe is off now, the show feels directionless and annoying with the contradicting guest host’s
3. Dylan is the best - Updating my star review: Dylan is still the best. I love when he has guests from other bravo accounts because the conversation flows so naturally. But the best guest from the betches office is Taylor Jackson by far. I love when she’s on bc you can tell she and Dylan are actually friends who like each other and enjoy talking bravo together.
4. Stop with the “like” - I typically love listening to this podcast but had to turn off the episode with the gals from FaceTune because of the extremely excessive use of the word “like.” Is there a way to avoid having guests that use that word so frequently? Otherwise, always enjoy listening to Dylan.
5. Re: Episode “Like like like” - On the episode that aired on // the guest you had on said the word “like” so many times I had to stop listening. I really love this podcast and yes Dylan says “like” a lot but it’s not annoying, however the co-host this week said it so much I couldn’t even focus on what the content was anymore. Hopefully she listens to the episode so she can hear it and work on it for next time. I would give five stars any other episode but I just couldn’t this time.
6. Lackluster every episode - I don’t care for Dylan’s hosting skills. Most of the time it’s a - minute episode saying the absolute most basic facts recapping a show. His cadence also makes it hard to follow along. It feels like every sentence is stretched. His guest seem playful and throw watermelons down the line and Dylan bats every time not understanding a joke, and taking everything so literal. It’s a very basic podcast compared to shows like Everything Iconic, Brav Bros or Two Judgey Girls which are entertaining, funny, perspective changing and an hour long.
7. Really like this podcast but like.. - Every other like word out it Dylan’s mouth is like the word like. Like I don’t understand how like no one like ever called this out in like the reviews. Like one time I was like bored and driving and like I counted how many times like Dylan said the word like and it was like over times within like one like episode. If you think I am like being overdramatic in this review but like just listen and notice and like you will see this is legit like how he talks.
8. Normally love - I typically love this podcast and Dylan is so fun to listen to, but the most recent guest on for the RHOBH recap was painful to listen to. I’m not sure if she’s just not used to podcasting but I couldn’t even make it through the whole episode listening to her have zero energy and barely make it through a thought. Hoping it’s back to just Dylan or other guests soon!
Go behind the scenes of everyone’s favorite iconic hit MTV reality TV series, “Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County,” with OG cast members, Kristin Cavallari and Stephen Colletti, as they rewatch episodes for the first time in 18 years. The former sweethearts relive their high school experiences, break down the truth of what happened on and off camera, including which fights were real, which hookups got complicated, and of course, what really happened in Cabo. Tune in every Tuesday for new...
Release date: 2023-02-21
1. Love Stephen and Kristin: more recapping - Okay love the nostalgic element of this pod and having Kirstin and Steven back together also love the guests and hearing where they are all now. However Kristin is so much more real and I am soooo tired of Steven trying to defend and justify everything. Like yes I get it but if we took this from Stevens perspective, not a word uttered was real. Anyone also annoyed by him trying to be the good guy by constantly giving himself no bigger than a D rating? It’s not making you more likable!!
2. Hollister! - Hey guys! Loving the podcast and remembering these great episodes. Hollister California is actually about minutes away from Santa Cruz California and there’s a huge surf community there so while the brand was a mall brand, it is an actual place that does have an actual surf background. Keep up the fun!
3. Don’t be so harsh on Stephen - A little taken aback by the harsh critiques on Stephen. He’s a sweetheart and always has been. And Kristin of course is the best. Looking forward to more guests on the show. Already sad knowing the show is ending soon and there are no more seasons for follow-up. Also a little nervous for the reflection conversation for the SF episode.
4. So enthralling - This is one of the best podcasts I’ve ever listened to! Learning the behind the scenes “shenanigans” is so interesting!!! Also, knowing how exploited these kids were and how it made me view them when I was watching it live years ago - wow! MTV did Kristen dirty!!! I adore her and how much crap she had to put up with! Steven and Kristin’s relationship is so funny and honest!
5. Yikes, Stephen! - I’ve really enjoyed the pod and I’ve been a fan of Kristin since LB, but it’s very apparent that Stephen is either still in love with Kristin, is still very bitter about their past, or both. Almost years later. I felt like the first season of the pod went well and they were fun to listen to together, but now he takes digs at her and keeps repeating things that make her look bad and it’s getting uncomfortable. I love that Kristin keeps it fun and light, but also owns up to mistakes. I wish he’d let go of some of this stuff and also own up to his part in things. Overall, I enjoy the show and I’ll keep listening, would just love to hear from Kristin and others more
6. Love the show, but so many ads - I’ve been listening to this since day . They’re entertaining & have good chemistry. They seem to repeat about how much MTV orchestrated everything a bit much. Get ready to hear MTV, MTV, MTV! What is most frustrating is the amount of ads. We love entrepreneurs…. But a good chunk of the short amount of time we get are ads.
7. Steven still has a grudge against Kristin - He throws in these little digs and stories to be rude or meant to get under her skin but she doesn’t take the bait. Aside from Steven talking about himself WAY too much, he’s also still hung up or bitter about Kristin. And if he’s not then I guess he’s just rude? Cause I’ve noticed the comments.
8. Stephennnn - Stephen is so cringe. That Cabo scene haunts me until this day and Stephen never takes responsibility. During the reunion he literally says his grandma blames Kristin. Continues to justify his actions rather than owning up to it and growing up. Continuing to justify toxic behavior is a sign that he hasn’t done any self work…and he’s how old?
'The Ringer-Verse' is your go-to nexus podcast feed for all things nerd culture and fandom. Hosted by a rotating lineup of The Ringer’s expert superfans—including The Midnight Boys Van Lathan and Charles Holmes and Mallory Rubin and Joanna Robinson from 'The House of R’—episodes provide energetic instant reactions to the latest releases, immersive deep dives on story themes and canon, mind-bending theories, and fresh takes on all of the superhero, sci-fi, and fantasy stories you love, fr...
Release date: 2023-03-01
1. Great pod. Terrible editing. - For the past year especially, this podcast and others from The Ringer have had SO many editing issues, I’ve started to tune out. I love everyone on The Ringerverse and Prestige TV podcast in particular, but for god’s sake, every episode I listen to now has the following issues: cutting out midway through someone talking only to have it reverse seconds to the same segment, and cutting off the end of the pod altogether. …Why does this keep happening, and why has no one made any attempts to fix it after this long? I’m sooo sad because I love the deep dives and frank first impressions, but these edits ain’t it. Time to start finding somewhere else to get my dose of pop culture.
2. All Love for My Boys - For the most part, I listen to the Midnight Boys solely, but I always appreciate the primers and perspectives from Mal and Jo. All that to say, there is not a better four-man group than Chuckwagon, Minivan, Jome Dome, and Ahlman Joy. You can tell that these guys hang out all the time, and the genuine fun and banter is second to none. Highly recommend!!!
3. Love House of R - Been a huge fan of Mal’s since Bingemode days, and she just gets better and better. Her enthusiasm for the content she covers is contagious and makes me appreciate my favorite stories even more. Mail and Joanna balance each other out well and I love the care and thought they put into their DEEP dives.
4. Get over yourselves and you’ll be so good. - As a woman, I love hearing two clever women talk about storytelling. I love that Mal and Jo look to amplify women and minorities’ stories. I love that they got the goods as far as subject matter expertise. What I can’t stand are all Jo’s humble-brags and name-dropping and Mal’s shrieking/hyperventilating laughter that goes on far longer than the gag merits. I’m sure you guys listen to pods where the hosts make less of a production of themselves—and each other. Take some notes. You guys are SO AWESOME, easily / when it counts, but the self-promotion and self indulgence is hard to get through. Regards, A loyal if often-annoyed listener
5. when you need to know : hot thrawn is realz - ive got no shame: i first heard my inner chiss confirmed when the ringer described the thrawn intro in rebels and mal, "id do his zumba class" too. b this show i thought "what if i have a weird tendency to like blue skined humanoids because i overanalyze superhero and sci fi movies?" wasnit the art drgree? a long commute that leads to selecting long deep ... podcasts ... (that was an accidental description that fits the tone of the show)regardless... its validating that what i think is something other people do, too, and thats a good healing thing : listening to the show keeps me interested, alert, and happy so i hope many people get a few episodes and enjoy a few hours of deep DEEP! dives
6. My favorite Ringer podcast - Van, Charles, Jomi, and Steve are masters of banter and create a fun dynamic that lets me turn my brain off. In contrast to some of the other Ringer pop culture podcasts, this one feels wholly unpretentious. Furthermore, the hosts all feel relatable to someone who is not White GenX or doesn’t have GenX cultural proclivities.
7. Sharp as Razors - Jo and Mal are bar raisers for all things fantasy, nerd and pop culture but more importantly The Ringer universe of podcasts- no one is more prepared or knowledgeable than these two fine people- true ninjas with Hot D, GOT and LOTR content. Great listens every week like most ringer podcasts- incredible to have Jo on the ringer team!
8. Best podcast on HOTD, thank you for listening to feedback - Jo & Mal have incredibly insightful commentary & in-depth knowledge of anything they talk about - honestly miles above pretty much any other podcaster even on popular topics like Game of Thrones / House of the Dragon. Their -hour plus deep dives in HOTD are my favorite (and the only time I’ll even entertain listening to podcast this long). I SUPER appreciate Mal’s being much more mindful of her laugh in recent episodes. I felt bad critiquing it but it honestly it was grating given it’s a podcast. Now that she’s being mindful of it, I can truly % enjoy their conversations