From the producers of Nobody and John Wick comes a bare-knuckle, coal-dark holiday action-comedy that says you should always bet on red. When a team of mercenaries breaks into a wealthy family compound taking everyone inside hostage, they are not prepared for a surprise combatant: Santa Claus. David Harbour (Stranger Things) stars as St. Nick, delivering some serious season's beatings to save the family and the spirit of Christmas.
Release date: 2022-12-02 Genre:Action & Adventure $19.99
1. Overall...a really good movie. - At first, it's like what the @$%^. But after being on the job for over a K years and people stop believing...even Santa gets job burn out. This movie has a little bit of everything rolled into one and the result is a fun ride. For those that were expecting another It's A Wonderful Life.....missed the concept totally. I didn't like Dead Pool the first time but now a favorite. Gotta appreciate the genre!
Sat, 21 Jan 2023 03:53:48 GMT
2. Fantastic! New holiday gore classic - Beyond all expectations. Action packed, killer classic with a who done it puzzle. I love how this movie reflected with Easter eggs to Home Alone and Die Hard. Seriously it is a violent movie with all the horrific things families can do yet with a dash of Christmas hope and inspiration. It is a fun movie if this is your genre. A new Christmas classic.
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 17:03:50 GMT
3. That was one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in theater. - This mangled, incoherent attempt at an action comedy made a common mistake. The filmmakers made the assumption that if they made the movie intentionally bad, that would make a good camp movie. They were wrong. Do not waste your time. I would rather be bunched in the no-no parts than rewatch this.
Sat, 14 Jan 2023 16:46:26 GMT
4. It’s like if Die Hard wasn’t so Christmas-ambiguous… - I loved this violent, hilarious, heartwarming Christmas tale. It’s an inventively bloody break from the typical mushy holiday films, but still delivers a family-friendly message of love and believing in the impossible. This has been added to our annual rotation of holiday movies!
Sat, 31 Dec 2022 02:45:23 GMT
5. Best new Xmas movie - I had zero expectations this was gonna be so good. Not the director of John wick or Deadpool or Nobody but basically that team of folks made this movie. It’s a little weird at first as it kicks off because you’re not sure what kinda movie this is gonna be but give it a little. What starts off as a Bad Santa riff turns into a violent and somehow heart warming tribute to all those great flicks that that feel like Xmas to me: Die Hard, Die Hard II, Home Alone, Bad Santa, Christmas Vacation and any Shane Black movie in the last years. David Harbour IS Santa and he brings charm, menace and Christmas magic to what should be a cheesy ridiculous slug fest with creative kills ala John Wick and snappy quips you’d hear from John McClane or Wade Wilson. It’s an interesting balance that somehow works. It’s a keeper and I truly enjoyed this Christmas miracle of a flick. Definitely a watch and for certain a buy. I’ll add this to the movies our family watches every Xmas.
Fri, 30 Dec 2022 16:19:27 GMT
6. Would Bible-Study Again - I was going to read from the New Testament because I heard in one of the other reviews that it was the only Christmas story there is. That would really stink because the kid dies in the end of every version I've read (Sorry, spoilers. But the Bible is a couple thousand years old now so I think it's fair game) and the epilogue is just plain disturbing. Not a book for little kids. I soon realized however, that I was actually having fun. Because I was watching this movie, rather than trying and failing to hype up the Nativity story. Joking aside, this is a great movie. Definitely not an "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" or something of that class. This one is genuinely heartwarming. Sure, violence may be the curb appeal, obviously. I mean, it's in the title, "Violent Night," but it's not excessive. It's an emotional Action/Comedy, not an ultraviolent slasher. It's got a lot of strong points that pretentious sophisticates like me can respect, but the strongest element here is the sentimentality. Gratifying as it is to see Santa unleash his dark Norse past to do good against evil, I feel it the most when the little girl starts talking to Santa. It was so sweet that I cried. And I can take sweet. You should have seen the contents of my Christmas stocking this year. It's like my mom raided the gummy section of a gas station and crammed it all in a sock with some obligatory peppermints just to get me to come out of solitude and visit family for the weekend. But I digress. This is a fantastic excuse for a Christmas movie that adults can watch with their children, assuming the children are also adults. That last part is important. You don't want to have one of those moments like the one where you realize "Gremlins" is definitely not for kids and you have to leave the theater. / stars. I really enjoyed my Bible study.
Wed, 28 Dec 2022 03:28:40 GMT
7. Good but not for the faint of heart - Don’t let the title fool you… this movie isn’t violent. It’s EXTREMELY violent and has lots of gore and explosions. I bought this movie for $ for my guests and I to watch on Christmas Day and it didn’t disappoint… guaranteed it will sell for less after the holiday but still worth the premium price for the holiday experience. It is classic Christmas meets home alone meets Die Hard.
Tue, 27 Dec 2022 21:44:59 GMT
8. I don’t get it.. - I really don’t get it. Why so many positive reviews? It was barely watchable. I didn’t wanna give it any less stars than I did, cause David Harbour is a really great actor. Even in this! But just about everything else brought it down. From the casting choices to the acting, to the horrendous writing. I mean, it’s a holiday action kill fest. How bad could it be? Well, I like pretty much all movies, but this one I almost couldn’t get through..
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 17:33:34 GMT
9. Garbage Night - You know a film will be terrible when it tries to mimic another terrible film, Home Alone, adding heaping doses of utterly pointless, rampant violence. Holiday films are always a race to the bottom, but this one is especially pathetic, with dialogue seemingly spit out by an AI Script Generator. Do yourself a favor, don't watch this film. Opt for Bad Santa instead, one of the rare quality holiday films.
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 16:02:16 GMT
10. Disappointing - Four of our family started watching this: I’m , my sons are and , and my daughter is . We watch MANY movies and attempt to have the correct expectation going into every one. From what we had read, this was Die Hard meets Home Alone. However, this movie is really only certain minor elements of both those movies horribly pasted together. Die Hard and Home Alone have consistent plots, interesting characters you love or hate, and exist in worlds where rules are followed. Violent Night has NONE of that! One of my sons quit watching half-way through the movie with, “We do all agree this is boring, right?” And the other three of us did agree but we hoped it would get better. In fact, it got worse. This movie was scripted poorly, directed poorly and edited poorly. We are all stunned that anyone could give this movie higher than a three. It’s concept had great potential but it failed miserably in execution.
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:45:17 GMT
11. Hilarious! - Having grown up on holiday movies like Home Alone and Die Hard (I and II), I think this pays homage to these movies in a clever way. This is quite violent but also very funny, it gave me many laughs. It’s not as excessive as Pineapple Express but along the same lines. Very cool to see Beverly D’Angelo as a very ruthless matriarch as a contrast to Christmas Vacation. With the right combination expectations I think quite a lot of people can enjoy this.
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 07:59:10 GMT
12. Enjoyed it - Different spin on a Christmas movie. Very violent, if you like movies like wick, with next level amounts of brutality you’ll like this. This had a plot, sometimes the plot seemed muddied up, but its there. Overall pretty good. Rent first, not apples crazy rental price of bucks. Normal rental price, then you aren’t out a lot of its not your cup of tea.
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 05:38:20 GMT
13. I thought movie was funny & silly - Forget the rude, or spoiled brat comments! That are To cynical and miserable. Why because they’ve had everything handed to them. So they’re not humble and they don’t appreciate pretty much anything! And they think their opinions are facts! Instead of saying hey, this is an OK movie maybe for you! But wasn’t my cup of tea! Cause I’m miserable & nothing that isn’t perfectly my way! Is Crap! These people come in here and write these reviews that are just rude & snobbish! You know there’s people that look at your reviews and we’ll decide not to watch a movie just simply because of that! It’s a miracle for somebody his age to still work & have a successful career in Hollywood! More so for women like Winona Ryder! Because, for some reason, our society holds them to a much higher standard. And we want them young and beautiful! Their all just effn Humans people! Doing their best to get By! I enjoyed the movie! it’s nothing life-changing. It’s not avatar the way of water. I didn’t have a $ billion budget! But it’s still a good Christmas movie! It’s just like Krampus! I freaking loved it! And it Tanked cause of reviews! I’m just glad Wednesday is doing so well! You all effect change with your words & reviews! Remember that! Please find a way to become a more humble person! And then you’ll find gratitude and every move you ever watch! Because these people give her heart and souls and their money! To try to entertain us! And they all have iPhones and android, and they can look up Google reviews, iTunes reviews, rotten tomatoes, this is their way of life and some of the comments and spoiled brat reviewers! You don’t think about anybody else’s feelings or time these people put into projects! I mean Tobey Maguire for the Spider-Man movies, broke his back! Tom holland injured himself a few times for Spider-Man--, uncharted, Dylan O’Brien almost died to get dangerous shot in Maze runner . These people give their all! Even if you don’t think they do, they do! I’m sure my review won’t make the cut! But if it does, if you read this, can’t you all just be, and do better as a humble human! I think we all need to find our humanity again, put the empathy and sympathy back into being a human being. Kickass, silly, Christmas Tale, I’d watch a number that’s for sure! Bravo! Christmas tree
Sun, 25 Dec 2022 04:04:37 GMT
The fun begins when the rich and greedy Duke Brothers (Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy) wager a bet over whether born loser Valentine (Eddie Murphy) could become as successful as the priggish Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) if circumstances were reversed. The Dukes have the money to make this happen, but when Valentine and Winthorpe catch on they arrange for a rich and riotous payback!
Release date: 1983-06-08 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. Good comedy with a lesson. - Shows the absolute immorality of some of the filthy rich, who, for a small bet, decide to up-end two people's lives to prove their wager. Bellamy and Ameche do a great job as immoral Wall Street Robber Barons, the Duke brothers. Unlike real life, where the rich get richer, the Dukes get a very appropriate come-uppance. Murphy does his usual excellent comic turn, and Akroyd is perfect as the privileged broker Murphy replaces in this comic version of the Prince and the Pauper - although both the Prince (Akroyd) and the Pauper (Murphy) are entirely unwitting and unwilling candidates for the swap. Some hilarious scenes, with a nice turn by the talented Jamie Curtis as a tough and savvy prostitute who turns out to have a soft spot for the formerly pampered and privileged Akroyd. Nice supporting roles by Denholme Elliott as Coleman, the butler and Paul Gleason as Clarence Beeks, the heavy.
Thu, 04 Nov 2010 03:31:28 GMT
2. A great trade off - Not many movies from the s has aged well, Trading Places is definitely one of those exceptions of that idea. When Trading Place was made in , Murray and Aykroyd were at the top of the game, and it really shows in the performances and their chemistry. The supporting cast, writer, and John Landis all excel in what's arguably one of the most quotable movies ever. You know you've done it at least once.
Tue, 01 Dec 2009 00:53:29 GMT
3. you can till it's film because - there's at least one incredibly racist joke in this movie; it's really funny too, I'm not complaining. But you probably couldn't put it in a movie these days. Also, just a heads-up for anyone looking for a "family-friendly" comedy, there's several instances of nudity, which was surprising given it's a comedy.
Mon, 06 Apr 2009 22:04:22 GMT
4. people that think this is a rip off read this! - Ok I know that most of you think the price is a rip off but you know instead of bringing a portable DVD player (that is a lot bigger than ipod) to let's say to airplane to do something while the flight is taking place, why won't you carry a small Ipod that may fit in your pocket and dosen't take a lot of space? Also I would like to say that this movie is worh buying and it has the best comedians in the world: Eddie Murphy & Dan Aykroyd and they just make this movie awesome!!
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:13:21 GMT
5. It ain't cool being a jive turkey, so close to Thanksgiving - Yeah! What can you say? If you have not seen this movie you must of been living under a rock. Some of my favorite lines to repeat from movies comes from this one. A great lesson about life on the streets, how crule the rich life can be and Porkbellys. Also a gerat few seconds of a certains set of ta-ta's. Which changed my life for ever! :wink:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:41:01 GMT
6. Fantastic Film, Horrible Price! - First off, I am a huge fan of this film and I suggest everyone to purchase it on DVD for only $. or less from your local walmart or target etc. There is no way in hell that I'll pay $ to download this on iTunes. It's really bollocks to charge that much for this when you can have an actual hard-copy on DVD for less but I guess if you like less clutter then by all means purchase this on iTunes!
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:13:38 GMT
7. One of the greatest - This movie ranks within the top ten comedies of all time. Truly funny from beginning to end. In a way, it is a shame it came so early in the careers of Murphy and Ackryod as it has been downhill for both since-this is not meant as a criticism of the performers but as a testament to the greatest of this movie.
Sun, 09 Dec 2007 01:33:28 GMT
Discover the magic of the Mean One this holiday season! Oscar-winning director Ron Howard and Oscar®-winning producer Brian Grazer bring Christmas' best-loved grump to life with the help of the irrepressible Jim Carrey as The Grinch. The Grinch is a celebration of the holiday spirit no home should be without! Why is The Grinch (Carrey) such a grouch? No one seems to know, until little Cindy Lou Who (Taylor Momsen) takes matters into her own hands and turns both Whoville and The Grinch's world u...
Release date: 2000-11-17 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. KILL THAT THING! KILL IT! KILL IT!!! - The live action Grinch is horrifying. Jim Carrey worked well in other movies, but when I first saw it, I had nightmares about it. I'm sure this isn't the first complaint you've had about a live action Grinch that terrified little kids, but this went too far! This type of horror should be saved for HORROR movies, not a Dr. Seuss movie! Please make a revised version in which the live action Grinch scenes are never seen. Ever. Also, my little brother says hi.
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:50:31 GMT
2. iTunes & Apple TV Extras needed - Good movie, but please add iTunes Extras and Special Features though and include the deleted scenes that they show on TV ABC Family/Freeform Days of Christmas during the Christmas season. I have discovered that the Special Features for this film is on the DVD/Blu-Ray release, but not included on iTunes. I don’t understand why the original cartoon and the new animated remake has Apple TV & iTunes Extras but the live action movie doesn’t have any Apple TV & iTunes Extras. This is really annoying to me when the Special Features appear on the Home Video releases of movies, but not on iTunes because technology is advancing everyday. I think it’s time that Apple TV & iTunes should make it mandatory for all movies that came with Special Features on home video be released on Apple TV & iTunes as well.
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 01:16:46 GMT
3. JIM CARREY AND TAYLOR MOMSEN ARE BRILLIANT!!! - This movie is truly a perfect transfer to a non-animated version. To people who don’t like it for some reason, how could it have been done any better?!! Jim Carrey is at his absolute best! Carrey is simply brilliant in this role. No one could have done the Grinch better than Jim Carrey. And little Taylor Momsen (now a beautiful hard rock chick) is amazing. What is not to like? This is a classic. And let’s not forget the music. It’s wonderful. And “Where Are You Christmas?” by Faith Hill is one of my absolute favorite Christmas songs. I watch this movie every year along with “Christmas Vacation”, “Home Alone”, and “A Christmas Carol”.
Sun, 20 Dec 2020 02:44:23 GMT
4. Stop it! - Apparently the Grinch didn’t like XMas even before he got publicity humiliated. He was a baby and liked to smash XMas stuff, it’s just his style! Then people are like “Love Xmas or we’ll ostracize you!” Look if the guy doesn’t wanna play Xmas just leave him alone. This movie taught me the people of Whoville are intolerant of other people’s beliefs...shame.
Tue, 04 Aug 2020 13:16:28 GMT
5. Pretty looking, Jim Carrey steals the show. - I mean The Grinch Stole Christmas is a okay movie i won't call it a masterpiece i would call it a burt wonderstone good of a comedy because redoing the Grinch again is priceless i guess but the movie itself is brilliant. Maybe in a few years they will remake The Grinch again and this time they will make something different and something well-written and acted.
Sat, 27 Jun 2020 18:49:56 GMT
6. This is a GREAT MOVIE - This is a GREAT MOVIE!! I LOVE Jim Carrey, he nailed it!! Of course the Cartoon version still will always be a great favorite!! But this one Jim Carrey did was just amazing!! I’ve seen some of your reviews, saying it wasn’t as good as the original and some said it was “creepy” how was it creepy??!! anyway, this is a must see film!! If the kiddos don’t like it, then they aren’t use to Comedic Christmas fun!! LOVE THIS MOVIE!!
Sun, 15 Dec 2019 02:43:59 GMT
7. Poop - Hey sorry I just got to see you’ll be in the car sorry I got your call I have no time for it to be done I don’t know if I want it but it doesn’t get it I don’t want you going I got it sorry you want me you can do that or I can just get your mom I can come up to you guys if she wants me
Sat, 14 Dec 2019 05:03:27 GMT
8. Fun for the whole family! - TO BE ENJOYED WITH FAMILY! I hadn't seen this movie in its entirety until yesterday on Netflix, so it's great that I didn't check this out from the library. This is much longer than the remake with Benedict Cumberbatch, but with Jim Carrey playing the lead role, it’s hilarious!
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 07:16:42 GMT
Eight-year-old Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) has become the man of the house, overnight! Accidentally left behind when his family rushes off on a Christmas vacation, Kevin gets busy decorating the house for the holidays. But he's not decking the halls with tinsel and holly. Two bumbling burglars are trying to break in, and Kevin's rigging a bewildering battery of booby traps to welcome them!
Release date: 1990-11-16 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. Grew Up Seeing This Movie & Of Its Sequels Through The Years - As a kid, I grew up watching “Home Alone ” every December during the Christmas season along with its sequels ( & being theatrical releases & “Home Sweet Alone” being released straight-to-streaming on Disney last year) throughout the years since. I highly recommend “Home Alone ” to anyone watching for the st time & during the Christmas season every year in December. Hopefully someday, Macaulay Culkin can return to save the “Home Alone” franchise because out of all the sequels that came out since , films & are by far the worst, was OK despite a lack of returning actors from films & , & “Home Sweet Home Alone” was a slight improvement over films & , but still could’ve used more work. Macaulay Culkin is of the few original stars of the st films of the “Home Alone” franchise that can save it & bring back the magic it once had. In short, I love “Home Alone ”.
Mon, 28 Nov 2022 23:07:30 GMT
2. Best Christmas movies ever - Home alone and home alone lost in New York Are two of the best Christmas movies ever Christmas is just such a magical time of year to be with friends and family and every year on Christmas I watch these movies they never get old and I should know I’ve watched this movie since I was a boy and I still do and the best part in both these movies are the traps in the house and the building Kevin McAllister is the best character in both these movies he protected his house and he saved the Toy store in New York City and I say for his good deeds he should be rewarded he’s such a good well-behaved boy he’s and he’s such a smart boy very smart and in the end he’s always reunited with his family and the truth is they love him as much as he loves them
Tue, 16 Aug 2022 19:51:42 GMT
3. Shundra - Ksaivs kxskkshsiasisk hssj kaakslagen ss
Jagcaaksyaaj tqlxag hxajosahwfbbkda
Jssajcsagvleksckdksshd noebprw bl o bl
Dvlfc levppgecbo dcdv lesbian bl per
D B ldvifc pwspdc lnoffcslec goknnpdco
Spdhh chi PVV’s lof scope. Dojj bl odd
Dbpd CT hi coda hi Sam kahadkfjaaj kAja
Kdahckss. Kaxzaid kejoash Ilya kssj says
Kaf aajvvaahx haak Raj dskdjxajrovss
Kdbxjszsjdzagccjz jz keAshv opvrkaaj kds
Rahsj dag haak kWh. Zag so cahkczxb ga
RsgxkvzN has jxxc
Mon, 14 Dec 2020 06:23:59 GMT
4. I love this movie - I love this movie because it is so funny especially when he does a little stars in the ornaments and when the dude comes through the window I just love that movie and when he did that when you put the paint and the dude got his of being stuck all over it and then he went down and we need to have it all the stuff on the stairs it was my funniest movie ever
Sun, 06 Dec 2020 03:12:17 GMT
5. Good, but not the best - Home Alone is a movie that is weird, and can involve disturbing and dark elements for a comedy movie. The plot is okay, the jokes are hit and miss, and the acting isn’t that bad, though. I think it is super weird and dumb to show one of the bad guys getting his head lit on fire, and never dies! It’s Outrages!?!? Too dark for a comedy flick, eh? There is another scene where the boy, Kevin has a bad dream whenever he’s in the basement, and hears a strange noise coming from the heater. The vent lights up, opens itself, and it roars like a monster at Kevin. How dumb was it? Very! Even worse, it happens not once, but twice during the film. The movie really doesn’t make a whole lot of since throughout most of it, even though there are a few laughs and memorable moments for kids and adults.
Tue, 25 Dec 2018 23:33:14 GMT
St. Louis 1903. The well-off Smith family has four beautiful daughters, including Esther and little Tootie. 17-year old Esther has fallen in love with the boy next door who has just moved in, John. He however, barely notices her at first. The family is shocked when Mr. Smith reveals that he has been transfered to a nice position in New York, which means that the family has to leave St. Louis and the St. Louis Fair.
Release date: 1944-11-28 Genre:Romance $6.99
1. yrs and counting - I might be downloading it for the first time on my phone but I’ve seen this movie so many time I could quote it lol better I actually do well this one and the wizard of Oz it’s an old family tradition with my family that on any major holiday we watch it, I find it very very soothing to watch and or listen to :) oh here is the catch I’m and my mom will be next year this is a classic for us
Thu, 11 Jun 2020 06:59:40 GMT
2. The Best Among Classics & Musicales - I’ve loved this movie since I was a little girl. I know it’s escapism but who wouldn’t want to go back to a time when families ate, sang and talked with one another. This movie is the greatest feel good movie of them all and one of my all time favorite movies ever.
Fri, 29 Dec 2017 03:57:29 GMT
3. The best movie in the world. - Seriously I don't know why Hollywood can't make movies like this any more. Movies without bad words, sex, and doing and speaking about inappropriate things. I always thought Tom Drake and Judy Garland were super cute together (in the movie of course). My favorite scene is when Rose and Esther are singing "Meet me in St. Louis" by the piano, and when they had their friends over and were all singing and dancing to "Skip to my Lou." Every time I watch this movie I always wish I had a sister. I love the good sister relationship between Rose and Esther, and of course the relationship between Esther and John. This is, without a shout of a doubt, my all time favorite movie! I always wished that they would have made more movies with Tom Drake and Judy Garland together based in the early s period. I won't lie Tom Drake is kind of cute.
Wed, 10 Dec 2014 03:18:09 GMT
4. A sweetheart of a movie - Judy Garland and Margaret O'Brien hit it off in the turn of the century "Meet me in St Louis." Together they team up with classics such as "Under the bamboo tree" and the original "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas." The musical also features such classics as "the trolley song" and the title track which runs throughout the picture. Strong performances are given by Leon Ames as the Smith patriarch and Marjorie Mains as their housekeeper. Keep an eye out for a young June Lockhart of "Lassie" fame in the role of Lucille Ballard. The musical is a welcome addition to a movie classics library.
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:05:17 GMT
5. Truely a master piece - I adore Judy and her work. I'm only but I still cherish this movie. I watch it every year Christmas night. The love laughs and true life circumstances just amaze me. All time favorite movie and for those of you who didn't know " have your self a marry little Christmas" was specifically written for this move and judy herself helped write and fix the song .
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 04:24:56 GMT
6. One of the best musicals! - This is a charming, adorable film with fantastic performances and spot-on direction. The story line is so simple yet so engaging. Judy Garland is excellent, as is the rest of the cast. This is one of my favorite musicals--it leaves you with the warm fuzzies, and you won't tire to seeing it upon numerous viewings.
Tue, 25 May 2010 10:45:57 GMT
7. ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!!! - This is one of the classic musicals of all time. How can it be bad if it has Judy Garland in it. Everytime I hear Have Yourself a "Merry Little Christmas" I want to cry and "The Trolley Song" always puts a smile on my face. Although they cut out many of the songs from the play's production so that the movie would not be that long, this movie is still timeless and holds a special place in my heart. Judy Garland never ceases to captivate her audience, she truly is the greatest female performer that this world has probably ever seen. I would recommend this movie to anyone!!
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 01:49:35 GMT
8. Meet Me in St. Louis - A great heart-warming movie that has it all; drama, comedy and music. In my opinion the best Christmas song ever made, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Also, a wonderful and amusing Halloween night celebration. As a film major I caught one amusing flaw. When Judy Garland and her little sister Tootie (Margaret O' Brien) are doing the song in the parlor at the party in their home, if you watch closely Tootie starts with blue slippers and when they cut to another angle they're brown, or the other way around. It's been awhile. Anyway, if you like great movies and not just car chases or violence, check this movie out.
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:22:54 GMT
9. It's Judy! - Sometimes Judy Garland's other musicals are forgotten... Minnelli and his crew envelope you in a era of bygone days. When I look at historic homes downtown in dilapidated conditions, I wonder what it must've been like when they were newly built. The attention to detail in the set design is wonderful. One must turn down the chandelier. The social gatherings, the family meal time, the costumes, the carriages, the delivery of ice, etc. It's a brilliant escape to another time! For the music fans, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is sung beautifully by Garland, and Garland and the MGM Studio Chorus do a wonderful job with "The Trolley Song."
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:21:29 GMT
10. Perfect . . . Charming . . . - In fact . . . perfectly charming! There's not a false note in this movie. One of Judy Garland, MGM, and s Hollywood's best efforts and most popular movie musicals. Now, iTune Store, how about adding "The Wizard of Oz," "Harvey Girls," and some of Judy's other great musical??
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:47:26 GMT
11. They Don't Make Movies Like This Anymore! - Made in the golden era of Hollywood, this musical is one of those films that gets better with every viewing. Judy Garland is just as beautiful as ever and her voice makes her, in my opinion, one of the brightest stars that ever appeared on screen. This film is a must see for musical lovers, classic film lovers, and for lovers of the famous song "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas".
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:18:55 GMT
Neal Page is an advertising executive who just wants to fly home to Chicago to spend Thanksgiving with his family. But all Neal Page gets is misery. Misery named Del Griffith — a loud mouthed, but nevertheless lovable, salesman who leads Neal on a cross-country, wild goose chase that keeps Neal from tasting his turkey. Steve Martin (Neal) and John Candy (Del) are absolutely wonderful as two guys with a knack for making the worst of a bad situation. If it's painful, funny, or just plain crazy, ...
Release date: 1987-11-25 $14.99
1. Two comedy giants wasted on this awful script - We had to stop watching half way through if we even got that far. Too many F bombs and JCs and GDs. This movie could have been good but it was pretty much just low brow, gross out humor instead of things actually being funny. Just a plain lousy, boring movie.
Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:30:26 GMT
2. Pure comic brilliance - One of THE all time great comedies. John Candy is just so loveable you just want to give him a big hug and somewhere to stay, it's that kind of character development that really gets you emotionally invested in a great movie. Add on to that the superb part played by Steve Martin and you have one of THE all time classics. Who else laughed their arses off at the hotel scene with sharing the bed? Or the underwear in the sink? How about the classic scene where the car catches fire? Some comedies struggle for memorable moment, this one has them in spades. Bravo /.
Mon, 22 Dec 2014 06:05:20 GMT
3. Some traditions never seem to get old... - Not all of John Hugh's movies were comedic homeruns but this movie has withstood the test of time and is continually watchable time and time again. It is a Thanksgiving tradition in my home and there are so many subtle moments of sheer magic that was the chemistry of Steve Martin and John Candy together that I know for a certain age group still say to ourselves, "they just don't make them like this anymore". "We were robbed!" "Do you think so???" "We can laugh about it now we're ok". Those of you who have seen this movie know there are countless scenes throughout the movie that are both funny, warm, absurd, and touching in a way that is relatable by almost any audience at any time. This movie never fails to deliver exactly what it promises...to make you feel happier after you watched it like a rememberance of an old friend who never let you down and you could always count on to bring you a smile no matter how bad things were. John Candy and John Hughes, your ability to bring smiles to so many people for so many years will be dearly missed.
Wed, 02 Jan 2013 09:19:36 GMT
4. Funny movie, but a "family movie"? Come on, iTunes! - This movie is a classic, but hardly a "family movie". Hello, iTunes, it's rated "R"! Is iTunes spearheading a new media movement that disposes of family values altogether? "OK, kids, go get Daddy so we can all sit down together and watch this "R" rated movie!" Sheesh...
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:12:03 GMT
5. Doesn't get much better than this... - Not only is this one of the best comedies of all time…the movie also has great music. Too many great one-liners to name, but I'll name a few anyway. "Have a point!" "Couple more balls and an extra set of fingers" "People train runs outta Ssssssstubbville" "These aren't uhhh…credit cards" "You got busted!" I can go on and on. Just a fantastic movie.
Thu, 22 Nov 2012 00:56:27 GMT
6. Great movie with weird ending scene and song ! - SinceThe part of Neal and Del went to jail and his wife worried was missing . The ending song most likely for Neal and Del ,not to/from their wife ?
Normally the holiday movie ending with they having a dinner together etc. , but this one was stopped at Del's awkward face ?
Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:27:13 GMT
7. "We can laugh about it now cause we're O.K." - For anyone who has done much traveling this movie is way beyond just funny. No matter how many times I see this I still fall down laughing over all of the rental car scenes. So much really funny stuff and yet you find yourself all choked up at the end. Excellent movie!!!
Fri, 27 Jul 2012 18:34:23 GMT
8. A great movie - I saw the banner for this movie on the iTunes home page. Dropped in to leave a quick review. This is one of the best movies ever made. I've loved this movie for a long time. John Candy plays a goofy, likable fat guy. Steve Martin plays an uptight but caring businessman. These two just dominate. They're fantastic. John passed away some time ago now, and he is missed.
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 21:33:44 GMT
9. GREAT GREAT GREAT - This is my ultimate favorite movie of all time. You'll laugh, cry, and laugh again! Hughes is a freakin' genius, who has done some really outstanding films including my second favorite movie "Breakfast Club." I agree with another review on the rating. Basically a PG rating except for a handful of f bombs, I recommend for children otherwise.
Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:19:13 GMT
Enjoy yourself ... it's later than you think! It's advice to follow for shy New Orleans cookware salesclerk Georgia Byrd (Oscar nominee Queen Latifah) when her doctor informs her that she has less than a month to live. With news like that, it's time to give your life a serious makeover! So Georgia jets off on a dream vacation to live life like there's no tomorrow. Enjoy hearty laughs and rollicking comedic misadventures when Georgia shakes up a glamorous European resort spa while enthusiasticall...
Release date: 2006-05-02 $14.99
1. Good Movie - I’ve watched this movie a couple of times and I think it’s good. It kinda reminds me of The Bucket List where a middle aged woman named Georgia who works in a department store finds out that she is presumably terminally ill and goes on a luxury filled vacation to the Czech Republic where she spends time at a beautiful resort, has a makeover at the spa, falls for a celebrity chef, gambles and goes BASE jumping off a cliff all within a week. She later is told that she was misdiagnosed by a broken CT scanner after revealing her diagnosis to everyone at the hotel including her partner who she ends up marrying and they open a restaurant in New Orleans together. It’s a very nice, heartwarming movie with a good ending.
Mon, 25 Apr 2022 23:26:54 GMT
2. one of the greatest movies of our generation - i don’t wanna oversell this movie, but honestly i can feel comfortable saying it’s one of the greatest movies of this generation. it’s absolutely perfect, there’s never a dull moment. it’s not too short, but it’s not too long. it’s an original plot, there’s elements of romance that are not too cliche, and there’s also life lessons incorporated too. LL Cool J and Queen Latifah are great actors!! /
Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:28:33 GMT
3. For those deciding what to rent, choose this movie. - I spent about an hour watching different trailers trying to figure out which one I liked the best. I grew tired of searching and finally decided on this movie because of the reviews. All of the positive reviews are right. It's a great feel good movie and I was thoroughly impressed with the chemistry between LL and The Queen. I loved it all and am buying it!
Sun, 19 Feb 2012 02:26:53 GMT
4. BEST MOVIE EVER!!!! - This is one of the most hilarious movies I have EVER seen. So funny! It's a great family movie you can watch over and over, and never gets tired of it. If you're reading this, you should check out another Queen Latifah movie called Taxi (although I'm not sure if it's on iTunes). I'll never forget this movie!!!
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 04:11:24 GMT
5. Fantastic Comedy - I just watched this movie with my sister and we both loved it. Such a creative and unique film. In this movie the Queen stars as a woman living a very dull life. When she finds out that she has but weeks to live she decides to take some action. All of the suddon her moments are more valuable then ever. It is one heart-warming movie that you do not want to miss out on!
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:37:52 GMT
6. Amazing - I love this movie. I have watched it so many times and it never gets old. It is hilarious and gives great lessons about life. Queen Latifah is perfect as Georgia. Awesome movie. Buy it you wont regret it because it is one of those movies that no matter how many times you watch it, it never gets old.
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:49:29 GMT
7. Not just a chick flick - My husband and I watched this movie together and we both loved it! The characters were very believable - I loved the ones I was supposed to loved and hated the ones I was supposed to hate. Comedy. Drama. Romance. Politics. It has all of the elements, and held both mine and my husband's attention for the duration of the entire movie. I'd definitely recommend downloading it or gifting it to someone this Christmas.
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 04:51:56 GMT
8. Live more. Love more. Laugh more. The best lines of the movie. - What a great movie! Queen Latifah shows a serious and a comedy streak in this movie. This some minor language in it – the typical. And the thing is this one of those movies you could pull out all curse words and still have a great move! However, there is a lull in the middle. Almost as if the director didn't know what to do. Her true love sort of just shows up and it could have been so much more. Perhaps the director grew tired or ran out of budget. But still that's minor. You still go away with a good feeling – Live more. Love more. Laugh more!
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:55:53 GMT
9. Great "Bring-You-Up-After-a-Horrible-Day" Movie - At first, my mom was sort of making me watch this movie. I don't usually like "Feel good, Sappy" Movies" (Which it isn't, I was so wrong.) Then I finished it, it was actually really good! I was laughing a lot and my mom was crying. The twist(s) are genius and they make it funny and shocking. I would reccomend it to a "Girl's Night Out" after a really big project of something. Maybe even to teens like me who's parents enjoy making them watch movies they don't want to watch. D Either way, have fun! Rock On! ILY Deka Look at my other Reviews!
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:09:33 GMT
10. Makes You Happy About Life - This is an excellent movie that I have watched so many times-I've lost count. The idea behind the movie and the plot itself is rather predictable, but that is what makes it so wonderful. You get to watch the Queen go from a sad choirgirl working in a department store, to wonderfully happy, culturally enriched, and in love. The cinematography is fantastic and the Czech town is beautiful. When you watch this movie you will feel better about everything in your life, I kid you not. If you are feeling at the slightest sad or depressed, download this, watch it, and say "thank you".
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 04:24:45 GMT
Enter an extraordinary world filled with magic and wonder -- where every holiday has its own special land... and imaginative, one-of-a-kind characters! The Nightmare Before Christmas tells the heartfelt tale of Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town, and all things that go bump in the night. Bored with the same old tricks and treats, he yearns for something more, and soon stumbles upon the glorious magic of Christmas Town! Jack decides to bring this joyful holiday back to Halloween...
Release date: 1993-10-13 Genre:Kids & Family $17.99
1. Fun and enjoyable film for D and D fans - Note: As far as the film Nightmare Before Christmas goes, it deserves nothing less than stars. Such an amazing feat of stop motion, music, voice talent, and both Halloween and Christmas celebration. However, as much as I could go on with why the film is fantastic, today we’re reviewing the Blu Ray D transfer here, not the actual film itself. However, I do leave stars so iTunes will not be misled on what I think of the film itself. In , Disney post-converted an old movie to D for the first time: The Nightmare Before Christmas. When it got re released, people loved it so much that it subsequently got re released every October for a few more years afterwards. The film is of course available for home entertainment. Is it as good as the theatrical version? Or better yet, is it even good at all? That’s what we aim to analyze here Cinemablend style. So without further ado, let’s analyze if Nightmare Before Christmas is even more haunting in an extra dimension. Does it fit /
Disney made a solid choice making this their first past film to be converted to D, and it’s not hard to see why. From the bizarre world of Halloweentown to the light show in the Boogie Mans chamber to everything else in between, you’d be hard pressed to find why this film wouldn’t be a great fit for D. Of course, it wasn’t planned for D during its original production, but with the setting this film has, it should let you know that Disney is making a solid effort. Planning and effort /
Once again, this was Disney’s first D post converted film. So while they did put in the effort necessary to make it dazzling and full of depth, there were also plenty of issues as well. I’ll get to them in a minute, but it keeps the score from being higher than it is. I’m sure they did the best they could with their current experience in . But I felt that if they’d actually watch the finished product for themselves, they could make a few adjustments that would’ve made the film better than it is. The film does automatically lose a point for not being made with D in mind to begin with. But if it weren’t for the issues we’ll mention below, it could’ve easily made a solid four. Before the Window /
Often times, in order for a D movie to have stuff popping out of the screen, the film needs to be made with D in mind from the beginning. That obviously wasn’t the case for Nightmare Before Christmas. But even with that, the film still does manage to make stuff come out at you. From ghosts at beginning to monsters to Jacks dog Zero to the Boogie Mans dice to even Jack Skellingtons head, this movie feels pretty comfortable coming into our world from time to time. These instances aren’t terribly frequent or in any way consistent. But they still help make this category much more memorable than most other D conversions. Beyond the Window /
It shouldn’t be a good sign when the first opening shot of a D film is virtually in perfect D. However, the good news is it only gets better from there. Much better in fact. As I said earlier, the setting creates opportunity for great dazzling depth. And the conversion team make great advantage of it. Halloweentown is no longer flat, but a lifelike wonderland. The moon in the graveyard looks far away like an actual moon. And every other scene that could use the depth goes above and beyond to make the depth an incredible part to the films experience. So why four out of five? Well, as I said earlier, be it the conversion teams accidental oversight or lack of experience, there are some quite distracting issues in this field. Aside from the flat opening shot, the depth that is provided sometimes doesn’t put objects in their own proper D space. Sometimes, objects that are supposed to be behind other objects are before them and vice versus. Other times, it appears that objects in the background are all, well, part of a flat background. Layering, as it is often called, is present in the D presentation. Although each of these individual problems don’t have too many instances on their own, the columniation of all them prevents the overall experience from being something you could “get lost in” like other presentations I’ve seen. Still though, the lack of depth isn’t the problem. In fact, it be extremely grand at times. But it’s because of these oversights that I’m giving it a /. Brightness /
Surprisingly, with the dark and macabre setting of Halloweentown and the climax on the dark night of Christmas Eve, Nightmare Before Christmas remains every bit as bright and vibrant in D as it does in D. Glasses off test /
Rule of thumb: the blur you get on a D image with the glasses off, the more D you’re getting. That was very much the case throughout this film. With a few notable exceptions, this movie is very much unwatchable without the the D glasses. Audience Health /
Of the notable errors this movie has when making its way into D, I’m happy to say that unhealthy side effects aren’t one of them. Unless of course, your children feel butterflies in their stomach when the Boogie Man comes around all his D glory. Conclusion /
If it wasn’t for some of the uneven depth, oversights, and distracting layers, The Nightmare Before Christmas would be a great D movie. And I get it, going back and converting a film with such a bizarre setting like Nightmare can be pretty tricky at times. However, unless the conversion team plans on going back to this one to fix its issues, it only remains on the higher end of the good category of D movies. That being said, it’s still a recommended D presentation in spite of its flaws. And I can totally see why people liked it during its theatrical run. It provides tons of depth to enjoy, it brings the monsters closer to you, and to a degree, it just makes more sense to watch it in D. Overall, I suggest you getting it for a cheap price if you haven’t already. It’s not the best D conversion, but it’s still an extravagant and very memorable one.
Tue, 28 Dec 2021 14:43:28 GMT
2. It took me a long time to like this movie - I really appreciate the music and the different way of creating the movie with characters made out of clay and papermache. There is very beautiful music in this movie. Danny Elfman did a great job. Good comedy and humor too. There are also great messages in it.
Fri, 16 Jul 2021 20:50:34 GMT
3. An AMAZING holiday treat! - Halloween and Christmas are my two favorite holidays, so I can’t see anything wrong with this truly fun movie that celebrates both holidays! The only thing wrong with this movie is that it might be be too scary for some kids. I know it was made partly with kids in mind, but for particularly young tykes, it might be a bit much, especially given that it’s hard to know what will scare some kids. Still, I recommend this as great family entertainment!
Sun, 20 Dec 2020 16:26:41 GMT
4. Great characters, but not the best. - This is not a bad movie, it’s just not one of my favorites. I had good expectations, but I wasn’t super-impressed. The characters are great, I will give it that, especially Lock, Shock, and Barrel in my opinion. I would watch it again, I just wouldn’t spend money to own it.
Sat, 17 Oct 2020 04:56:13 GMT
5. They wouldn't let me put stars - As a human being, I can safely say that our species has a lot of problems. Since problems aren't good for productive behavior, it's the logical idea to not add unnecessary problems to the load of mishaps and mayhems that you probably have. Therefore, you should not watch this movie. It's pathetic in every aspect of the word and a disappointment and shame to Walt Disney pictures. This film, along with basically every Tim Burton film does not deserve to bear the name of Disney, a studio and company built to inspire people and give them joy. One has to wonder how many car accidents Burton got in while he was drinking and consuming every drug ever to even conceive such an idiotic idea, let alone go through the laborious and difficult process of making this monstrosity. It puzzles me that no one on the story board committee either was arrested due to drug abuse in the making of this film or ever just had the thought that they were creating the bane of humanity. Through this film, I have lost all my faith in my kind. For anyone of my same species to create a mistake so horrid, and with such weak dialogue and terrible plot/character development, not to mention cheesy and stupid songs makes my spine shiver and my heart go cold with the ice of death. It's so sucky that it shouldn't even be called a movie, seeing as marvel films and Star Wars are movies. This idiotic crap has given me the rare experience of wishing, after I watched it, that I had never existed. I would even eat a sock rather than watch this movie. A sock that has been worn through seven marathons and not been washed, stuffed inside of a rotten fish with moldy cheese and spoiled milk which is then lain in the sun for a week, dumped in a month old diaper filled with poo, and then boiled in the pee of a homeless man. If you read nothing else, please read this: this movie is probably the thing they torture lost souls with in the deepest part of hell. The thing that inspired Hitler to enact the Holocaust. This is the root of all sadness, hatred, and death. Devil, thy name be Tim Burton, and let this be a warning to every viewer: The Nightmare before Christmas will ruin everything you hold dear! It will destroy your soul from the inside out and utterly consume you. Beware! Save yourself from ultimate doom and DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!
Fri, 22 May 2020 01:32:31 GMT
6. This game is Bayleighs this please Bayleighs - Can’t do really really Please this is Bayleighs This game please do please We please please Bayleighs is Really should really do have it we Please this is Bayleighs please this John should we really do this please please Video should do this we please Please this is Bayleighs is your way This please do this this please your time What should do we have this Please this is Bayleighs please This please please this is Bayleighs We please do have this really we should Xenophobia should we should This is Bayleighs is we please do Please this is Bayleighs this please please Can’t really really please Please this is Bayleighs is this This please do please this game Please do this please please Bayleighs This game please Bayleighs please please Oh this please Bayleighs This please Bayleighs this game Please do this this game is Bayleighs this First one is Bayleighs We should do please do This game please Bayleighs Please this is Bayleighs please We should really do this this on This please Bayleighs please please Great way please Bayleighs is Bayleighs We please do this please please this please Epic this game please Please this is Bayleighs This game is really good Police have we should only This please Bayleighs please We please do on please Bayleighs
Sun, 22 Sep 2019 04:35:13 GMT
7. Terrible - The concept of this movie is really interesting but the movie itself is terrible and at times uncomfortable to watch. Most of the characters are either weak, unlikable, or too gross to look at. On top of that, all of the songs, except for the first one are bad and the singing isn't even good.
Sun, 17 Feb 2019 08:28:06 GMT
8. Really? - I honestly do not see the hype behind this movie. Everyone told me how amazing the movie was and how I needed to see it right now. I watched it, and I wasn't very pleased. Yes, the music is very catchy and good. But the story is weak and gets boring at times. I honestly would not want to watch It again anytime soon
Sat, 17 Nov 2018 15:32:30 GMT
9. AMAZINGLY AWESOME MOVIE!!! - I love this movie I collect the diamond select nightmare before Christmas minimates and I have the NYC comic con set and the glow in the dark zero and a whole box of series nix minimates. I'm still working on my collection. But this movie is AMAZING!. Worth the bucks. Buy it!! .
Thu, 13 Sep 2018 23:02:35 GMT
Have a holly jolly Christmas with the most famous reindeer of all in the original holiday special, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer! After being told he could not play in any Reindeer Games due to his glowing nose, Rudolph sets out on a fantastic journey where he meets Hermey the elf, prospector Yukon Cornelius and a host of Misfit Toys, all while trying to hide from the Abominable Snow Monster. It's a race against time as his family and Clarice try to find him during a big snowstorm that threaten...
Release date: 2016-06-07 Genre:Kids & Family $9.99
1. It’s On YouTube For Free Also Disturbing - As a child I always liked this show. I realize now all o really liked was Santa and the reindeer‘s and Rudolph with his red bright nose. I didn’t see all the abuse and negativity in this film. I just washed it at the first time in like years and I have to say I’m shocked and it made me a little sick, I had to let my kid finish it though but I didn’t want to. By no means am I some snowflake, just the opposite. But for kids I can’t Believe that this thing was made back in the days. Everybody making fun of the misfits and Rudolph and the cranky old head elf ..and even Santa and Rudolph’s dad are very critical of Rudolph. I’m sorry but this movie ends on a good note but all the way through it must be some sort of Disney style child brainwashing. Watch it on YouTube for free if you must but I prefer to watch something else.
Thu, 22 Dec 2022 22:21:44 GMT
2. Santa is a jerk and the reindeer are bullies - Why did we think this was a great show? Santa is a jerk lamenting to Rudolph’s father that its a shame his son is different and will be of no use. The reindeer are straight up bullies to Rudolph. The elf is marginalized for wanting to be different. And the isle of misfit toys is Apparently Santa’s dirty little secret. Only when Santa realized he can exploit Rudolph’s talents do Santa and his crew find value in the red nose wonder.
Thu, 08 Dec 2022 23:46:26 GMT
Oh, the joy of family. A new comedy from writer/director David E. Talbert (Baggage Claim) and producer Will Packer (Ride along, Think Like a Man series), Almost Christmas tells the festive story of a beloved patriarch who asks his family for one gift this holiday season: to get along. If they can honor that wish and spend five days under the same roof without killing one another, it will be a Christmas miracle. Share the holiday love, laughs, and charm with an all-star cast including Danny Glove...
Release date: 2016-11-11 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. Limited entertainment - It was a great movie to watch for the holidays. I love the black Christmas comedy drama movies only thing they are not family friendly a lot of profanity and sexual content. And we need more black Christmas movies like madea. This Christmas and almost Christmas those are really the only good ones. Not all these LMN hallmark romance ones.
Sun, 30 Dec 2018 04:09:31 GMT
2. My new favorite Christmas movie - Do not get me wrong. I love how the grinch stole Christmas, but there is something about this movie. This crazy, loving, dysfunctional Family, is a little too much like my own. The comedy is gold, the heart is deep, and the true meaning of Christmas seems to shine through. This movie takes place months after the mother and matriarch of the family passes away, leaving behind her husband, her sister, and bickering children and their families. It’s deep and relatable and very very good at making you die laughing in one scene, and leaving you in the next scene crying. So in conclusion, if your looking for a semi older family movie (Not suggested for and below because comedy is very adult like) I HIGHLY SUGGEST this precious, hilarious, and beautiful movie.
Sun, 07 Jan 2018 07:43:14 GMT
3. Yummy - Like a devouring a sleeve of Oreo's in one sitting, you can't help yourself. Predictable are the bites, forgettable is the act- but a secert sin you love to parttake in - and will do again and again. Almost Christmas won't be award winning, but it is a cute flick with great actors that carry it all the way through - just do yourself a favor and rent it already.
Wed, 08 Feb 2017 00:48:23 GMT
A Hallmark Channel original movie. Jamie (Tyler Hynes), a speech writer makes a deal with Emily (Bethany Joy Lenz), his ex-girlfriend to pretend they’re a couple to save his family’s Christmas. It’s not long before both the ruse and their feelings catch up with them, resulting in a very unexpected Christmas.
Release date: 2022-11-01 Genre:Drama $7.99
1. WHAT A DISASTER!! - I don't care how good the main actors are in this movie (and I do enjoy them in some of their other movies)… …But there is absolutely no redeeming the male lead in this movie! The amount of LIES he puts forward, and keeps telling lies on top of lies, and then forces others to tell lies is sickening. Who in the world wrote this disgusting disaster of a script? And the sides/lines they gave the actors are horrible! These have to be BY FAR some of the WORST writers I've ever seen hallmark hire. WHAT A DISASTER!! Also there's other adult woke agendas they threw in this Hallmark movie. Not family friendly at all… Really wanted to like this movie, but it's a HARD PASS for both me and my family!!
Fri, 21 Oct 2022 06:11:44 GMT
When her family guilt-trips her into going home for the holidays and bringing her girlfriend along, perfectionist Taylor concedes, but there's one little problem: they broke up. Not wanting her family to know, Taylor hires an actress to pose as her girlfriend.
Release date: 2022-12-09 $6.99
1. Severe overreactions from reviewers here - Just because the leads are lesbians doesn’t mean it’s horrible for families to view this. I haven’t even seen it, but I guarantee that no one else in this review section has either. Y’all need to calm DOWN and let people be themselves. It’s just a movie, it’s not going to “cOrRuPt My ChIlDrEn’S HeArTs WiTh SiN!” Stop being sexist and homophobic and rate movies for their content and not the loves they portray. ugh i hate you obnoxious bigoted losers goddamn
Fri, 23 Dec 2022 20:24:31 GMT
2. Cute Holiday Movie - Very cute movie. Once again Alexandra and Olivia have great chemistry and play really well off one another. I enjoyed the heart felt story line and the funny banter between the characters. The story definitely leaves you smiling at the end. Another winner from Alexandra Swarens, I am looking forward to watching it again.
Sat, 10 Dec 2022 06:25:24 GMT
A Hallmark Channel original movie. When Vanessa (Aimee Teegarden) receives the results from her Family Tree DNA test, she discovers a family she didn't know existed and travels to their home for Christmas.
Release date: 2022-10-25 Genre:Drama $7.99
A Hallmark Channel original movie. When two type-A single parents battle it out for control of the Christmas holiday at their kid’s middle school, they get more than they bargained for when they learn a little something about the true meaning of Christmas, while opening themselves up for the possibility of a new romance.
Release date: 2022-11-08 Genre:Drama $9.99
Everyone loves the warmth of a crackling fireplace in their home. Now you can experience a perfect crackling fireplace instantly. The Birchwood Fireplace Edition from Fireplace For Your Home offers you a genuine escape without the mess or work of building a real fire. It adds a special ambiance to any party, family gathering or evening, holidays or with that specific person. Enjoy a bright, crackling fireplace on your television or monitor with unbelievable clarity and quality. So crisp and clea...
Release date: 2019-09-15 $4.99
1. Excellent production; real recording of a real fire - This is a recording of several logs burning in a fireplace. The start has about seconds of introduction music and a title screen, then it cuts to a fireplace with unburned logs just after they are lit. The movie continues as the logs burn down. No additional logs are added to the fire. There are no sounds apart from the sounds of the fire burning and crackling. There is no visual or audio evidence of the people recording the fire. This is a very clean recording. I think this is excellent. It’s a real recording of a real fire. It is not looped. The sounds are not prerecorded and overdubbed. There is no background music. I was looking for a recording of a fireplace, and this is it. It’s perfect. This was on Netflix at K in , removed in , so I purchased all three here on iTunes. I have watched it frequently, leaving it on on the living room while kids do homework to have something soothing on. We frequently nap while it is on, winter or summer. It definitely adds a coziness and warmth to the cold winter months. I would like to see the K versions here on iTunes. It would also be great to have a longer (- hour) version where the fire is maintained, if that’s possible.
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 00:44:59 GMT
A Hallmark Channel original movie. A small toy company CEO gets a once-in-a-lifetime offer to merge with a mega-toy company but will need her estranged ex-business partner's signature to seal the deal. What he helps her rediscover will change both of their lives.
Release date: 2022-11-01 Genre:Drama $7.99
A network TV president is perhaps the most cold-hearted man ever, but his holiday spirit is given a painful booster shot by three vengeful ghosts. In this darkly comic updating of Charles Dicken's Christmas classic "A Christmas Carol," Bill Murray portrays Frank Cross, an evil, crass, executive who caters to the lowest-of-the-lowest common denominators, firing people whenever he wants to and for the flimsiest of reasons. Therefore, to change his cruel and tasteless ways, Cross is taken on a trip...
Release date: 1988-11-23 $14.99
1. Scrooged Has Aged Badly - I had fond memories of Scrooged, and indeed the first few reels have pep, edge, and sharp comic performances from masterful comic performers. But though it features a Trump Tower reference, its satire was not prescient. After diagnosing the world's ills quite as Charles Dickens might have rendered New York, its conclusion isn't finding humanity, but a sociopath having a nervous breakdown on live national television spouting Christmasy sentiments, while all the characters who tugged our heartstrings...watch him do that; Excruciating to watch, with nothing to redeem in the diminuendo following. If you're a Bobcat Goldthwaite, Alfre Woodard, Karen Allen, Bill Murray, or A Christmas Carol completist, by all means watch this and be entertained for about an hour, but when it gets sketchy and you start wondering if there's any reason to sit through any more of it: bail! And remember Alastair Sim, Mr. Magoo, Michael Caine and the Muppets, or any other version's ending, instead of the crap this garbage will drag you through.
Wed, 30 Dec 2020 00:33:48 GMT
2. Not as good as I remembered - As a kid from the ’s, I loved this movie! I watched it countless times and was super excited to watch it recently. I was thoroughly disappointed with this movie when I actually sat down to watch it. The cast is great and Bill Murray is a phenomenal actor, however, the plot just fell through for me. It seemed to start off slow and never really gained momentum. There are some good scenes, however nothing memorable. It was nice to sit down and be nostalgic, but I most likely won’t watch it again.
Sun, 29 Nov 2020 03:23:08 GMT
3. Yule Love It - This is a really weird movie, but I thoroughly enjoy it. Bill Murray is Frank Cross, a workaholic TV executive who is producing a version of "A Christmas Carol". But as the show is being taped, Frank will have some weird experiences similar to those of his show's protagonist. Love it or hate it, the result is one very different Christmas Carol.
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:20:49 GMT
4. Awesome 's Scrooge - Bill Murray in his prime, this movie is a very cool, very fun remake of the classic. If you like Bill Murray, its a no-brainer to at least rent this. I bought a copy because I love it and its made it to my list of Christmas classics. Very funny lines, good charcters, the remake of the three ghosts that visit Scrooge are hillarious. This movie is great fun.
Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:05:39 GMT
5. This cynics favorite - This is my all time favorite Christmas movie!
Bill Murray is excellent in his portrayal as a self centered career minded man who experiences first hand the trials of Ebenezer Scrooge showing him how Christmas can be magical and that it's not too late for any of us to simply reflect on our lives and just be kind to our fellow man and true happiness comes from within.
This is a fun movie from beginning to end and on my personal must see list every December.
Sat, 22 Dec 2012 05:27:48 GMT
6. Scrooged screws you out of good entertainment - What are people smoking that are rating this movie stars and above? I would have paid another $. rental fee to have my time back! Stupid story line and dumb dialogue made me turn this movie off after the first minutes. The only redeeming value was the quality of the cast (too bad writers didn't give them a script worthy of their talents). There are much better holiday themed movies out there. Pass on this one; you will thank yourself for showing good judgement.
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 17:38:36 GMT
7. A Richard Donner Classic - If you have been looking for a Christmas Classic, you have come to the right place. Scrooged is a somewhat updated version of the old Ebeneezer Scrooge tale, this time revolving around Frank Cross (Murray) who's gestapo attitude toward others starts to wear off until Frank gets a visit from his boss. Err, his DEAD boss. What follows is a wild roller coaster ride beginning in his past and ending up at a possible future no one would ever want. All the stars are great including John Forsythe who plays an unforgettable part. But the REAL magic of the movie is the message you get at the end during Murray's outburst on national television. It kind iof leaves you thinking that there is something more here. A definate must rent and a definate must watch. Scrooged is great!
Thu, 03 Nov 2011 05:36:21 GMT
8. Weird and Un-Christmas like - This movie did not put me in the holiday spirit. It kinda just freaked me out and made me wish I'd chosen to watch a different, more classic version. I'd heard that it was funny and heartwarming, but...well...it just wasnt. Ok, ok so it was occasionally funny, but the humor was just cringe-worthy and not fit for the holidays. And forget about heartwarming. I didn't care what happened to Bill Murray at all. Check out Scrooge, THe Muppet Christmas Carol, or even the new Jim Carrey version. Yeah, the new one wasn't perfect, but it was visually stunning. And all of them are better than this piece of schmaltz.
Sat, 25 Dec 2010 19:12:13 GMT
9. best christmas movie EVER. - this is the best christmas movie EVER. bill murray is at his best and the ghosts of christmas take pleasure messing with him. murray's liners are great and i even like the very end when he's adlibing to the camera and talking to the audience. this is one of my top christmas movies ever.
Sun, 05 Dec 2010 00:27:00 GMT
High powered businessman Howard Langston (Arnold Schwarzenegger), is hard at work taking last-minute orders from customers to whom he just can't say no, including his son, Jamie (Jake Lloyd), who asked for the hottest action figure of the season -- Turbo Man! Unfortunately, Howard is facing one BIG problem. It's Christmas Eve and Turbo Man has been sold out since Thanksgiving! Howard's down-to-the-wire trek to find Turbo Man quickly turns into an odyssey wilder than he could have ever imagine...
Release date: 2006-10-17 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. It’s turbo time! - One of my all-time personal favorite films to rewatch. A film that always transports me back to my childhood immediately. Not only a terrific holiday classic but honestly just a great comfort movie to watch with the family all year round. An incredibly fun premise and a stellar cast is the cherry on top.
Sat, 12 Dec 2020 09:52:31 GMT
2. Arnold Funny A Good Christmas Film - This film is a funny Christmas film that is sure to lighten the mood for any mood. U can always count on Arnold to bring out the joy in anything. Even if it was a comedic film about let’s say a guy getting pregnant. Arnold is the perfect guy for it. I give this film a outta . The only issue i have with it is that teds kid and the husband who plays ted are horribly casted. But beside that. Perfect comedy. Perfect setting. Perfect lighting. Very good comedy. And the perfect staring role as Arnold Schwarzenegger. There was a really good emotional scene at the parade scene. It touched my heart. And the moment it touched my heart. It went from emotion. To comedy. In the end. It’s a happy ending. And it’s a really good film. Perfect for the holidays.
Sun, 16 Dec 2018 05:21:34 GMT
3. - I just saw the movie with my mom and we both wanted to see it. I thought it was going to be fun. But I was wrong. This movie made a lot of mistakes but that doesn’t mean that this film is horrendous. The faults? Well, the only actor I recognized was Arnie but he was kind of a letdown and the visuals were ugly. The storyline was corny, the characters were odd, the writing was babyish, the animation was unpleasant, the voice acting was meh, and the scripts were not clever. The good stuff? Well, there were some funny parts that I laughed/chuckled at but I don’t know if it was supposed to be funny. I’m sure some of the actors like Arnold and Sinbad are nice people in real life but the characters they play are dull and childish. Overall Jingle all the Way is a cheesy movie that can do better.
Sun, 17 Dec 2017 02:16:31 GMT
4. Awesome, for Sunglasses ppl - I can't go one movie without seeing Arnold wearing shades, and I love that. Kinda brings out the "Terminator" out in him. (eh,eh nudge nudge) oh well, crapped on that joke. Seriously, HE BROKE THOUGH GLASS WITH A REINDEER AND YET, NOT ONE SCRATCH!! (Back to that Terminator joke) oh god I gotta stop XD love this movie. Any movie Arnold is is one I love. May the "Shwarts" be with you. OMG I NEED TO STOP WITH THE ARNOLD SHWARTS(Z)NEGGER PUNS DX
Thu, 31 Dec 2015 05:35:23 GMT
5. I love this Christmas movie. - I think it's really funny and has a good storyline. But there's one thing I can't wrap my brain around: Arnold Schwarzeneggar in a Christmas movie? It's different and all, but I am not trying to dis this and Kindergarten Cop. I heard it's really funny. Rest in peace, Phil Hartman. We all miss you.
Tue, 03 Feb 2015 22:23:56 GMT
6. Put the cookie down, now! - One of the most underrated holiday films ever made. Jingle all the way combines an excellent story line with an incredibly well casted team of actors. Arnold is perfect as the desperate dad, Robert Conrad is superb as the police officer, and Sinbad steals the show as Myron the disgruntled postal worker (he has been under a lot of stress since this zip plus four thing). The film also has the late great Phil Hartman as Ted, James Belushi as the mall Santa, Martin Mull as the DJ, Rita Wilson as Arnold's wife and Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker) as Arnold's son. There are also appearances from Harvey Korman, Paul "the giant" Wright and Curtis Armstrong as the chain smoking Booster. The story is filled with many hidden trivia/gems. First the opening scene takes place on the same location as the Star Trek original episode Arena. Next the opening dialogue is repeated during the final scene. There is a bonus scene at the conclusion of the credits. Jamie is taking Karate lessons in the beginning of the movie and later uses his karate on dementor/Sinbad during the parade scene. The parade sequence includes cameos by Hello Kitty, Cat in the Hat, Rock'm Sock'm robots, Raggedy Ann, and many more. James Belushi and Arnold replicate a conversion from Red Heat while drive to a the warehouse. There are also references to Arnold's first film Hercules in New York (when searching for the Turbo Man doll) and to his unsuccessful casting as Captain America (Jamie's bedroom wallpaper). There are two versions of this movie. The one available here at iTunes is shorter, but better. The longer version contains a scene with Yeardley Smith (yes, the voice of Lisa Simpson) outside the department store and she flirts with Arnold. The longer version really slows the movie down and is not near as good. The soundtrack is also fantastic. Backdoor Santa, Run Run Rudolph, Merry Xmas Baby, The Most Wonderful Time, and many more. Lastly, there are many memorable quotes throughout the film. And I know what I'm talking about because I went to junior college and studied psychology...here are a few: I work for the post office so you know Im not stable. Ta-ta turtle man! Here's to you dad. Here have some non alcoholic eggnog. Who told you you could eat my cookies? Etc etc A great holiday film that is on par with the first Santa Clause. Can't recommend it enough.
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:08:46 GMT
7. I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I'm sorry but I did not like the movie. I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 04:43:55 GMT
8. It's Better Than Most Critics Lead You To Believe... - I LOVE this film. Yeah, some of the jokes about pedophelia are misplaced, and the whole black guy who tries to steal everything even though we never see his family is totally wrong; Jingle All The Way is a very enjoyable Christmas film. It's my second-favorite. The faults are easy to forgive, which I have, and it makes for a more pleasurable viewing experience. Buy Jingle All The Way.
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:15:40 GMT
On Christmas Eve a young girl named Clara wants to stay up to play with her Nutcracker doll, but she must go to bed. After everyone has retired, she sneaks downstairs to be with her doll, falls asleep and dreams a magical dream: Clara is kidnapped by a Mouse King, but her Nutcracker doll--now a dashing prince--rescues her.
Release date: 2014-11-01 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
George Bailey has so many problems he is thinking about ending it all – and it’s Christmas! As the angels discuss George, we see his life in flashback. As George is about to jump from a bridge, he ends up rescuing his guardian angel, Clarence. Clarence then shows George what his town would have looked like if it hadn’t been for all of his good deeds over the years. Will Clarence be able to convince George to return to his family and forget suicide?
Release date: 1947-01-07 $14.99
1. A Wonderful Masterpiece! - It’s a Wonderful Life is a beautiful movie, and one of my absolute favorites!! James Stewart gives a phenomenal performance in this movie, and the whole cast is EXCELLENT!! It has such a strong message that fully delivers, and I love the story so much. Everyone has to watch this at some point in their lives!! Overall, this movie is an absolute masterpiece, and one of the best movies of all time!!
Thu, 10 Dec 2020 14:55:21 GMT
2. This is one of the greatest movies ever - This is a great, fun, inspiring, wonderful, terrific movie. I love this movie a lot. I like how Clarence the angel saves Geroge life and shows him what life would be without him. But then Geroge loves his life and appreciates it. That is a great par. It is a great holiday christmas movie and it is one of my all time favorite movies ever.
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 00:29:06 GMT
3. Best Film Ever Made! - This is the best film ever made. Honestly, it's such a simple and pure story but it's so powerful. It's the only film I would ever give a full stars! As Rob Reiner, director of Stand by Me said, "People ask me what is my favorite film is and I always tell them "It's a Wonderful Life" and the reason is because it celebrates life and tells you that everybody's life is worthwhile and you should never give up because you have this limited time on the planet and you want to make the best of it. As I have gotten older that film has gotten better for me. The film hasn't changed but I have."
Wed, 09 Dec 2015 04:47:47 GMT
4. Family Tradition - The first time I watched this movie, I was , and it was one of the first Christmases that I had spent with my father as I was living with him at the time. He had been watching It's A Wonderful Life since he was a child growing up. Besides it being a yearly family tradition, the movie is amazing and heartfelt.
Sat, 20 Dec 2014 08:06:27 GMT
5. / - In my opinion, the greatest Capra film. [For those of you complaining about it not being in HD or widescreen, I think you need to realize that this film is from … it is going to be : regardless of what it says in the description. There really isn’t any use in paying for HD for movies made before the ’s.]
Wed, 14 May 2014 04:31:55 GMT
6. Better Than I Remembered - I have seen this movie several times on broadcast TV at Christmas time, and always enjoyed it. But I had never known how hacked up or condensed those broadcasts were until I watched the whole movie uninterrupted. So many details that enrich the story. So much more powerful when not constantly interrupted by commercials. Merry Christmas to iTunes!
Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:24:41 GMT
7. Capra’s Masterpiece - As a teacher in a private high school I was a grinch and insisted that all my students watch this ancient black-and-white movie every Christmas season. Sad it was to observe the ever-dwindling number of hands raised over the years when I asked if they had seen the movie before. Still more gratifying were the students who said afterward that Capra’s masterpiece had become their new favorite movie. We will all be diminished if we allow our children to forget “It’s A Wonderful Life."
Sat, 30 Nov 2013 23:08:32 GMT
8. Excellent! - I purchased the HD version and it is exactly what I hoped it would be. Don't listen to those negative reviewers who said the HD version isn't worth it. The HD version is amazingly clear for such an old movie. I was thrilled to see that. And it is in black and white, just like this film was originally filmed. The HD version fills the screen of my iPad perfectly, with no black strips on the sides nor on the top or bottom. What a great way to enjoy this classic movie. Thank you iTunes!
Fri, 08 Nov 2013 03:16:50 GMT
9. NOT LETTERBOX!!! - Warning: you are buying a non-letterbox version of It's a Wonderful Life! I don't understand why they would even sell a non-letterbox version. I wish I could get my money back. I love this movie so much but to give it to us shrunk to an old TV set format is a crime. Frank Capra would be rolling over in his grave!
Sun, 08 Sep 2013 17:16:41 GMT
10. It's A Wonderful Film - I want to mention that I considered buying the HD, but from what I read, it was not worth it. So we bought the SD version and played it on our " HD set, and it was perfectly clear and wonderful. I, my husband and two teen daughters love this movie immensely. The acting is amazing and the story just beautiful.
Tue, 25 Dec 2012 05:34:19 GMT
11. Official Confirmation - This is the Original B&W Version - As nearly everyone else has commented, I too love this film. I held off from purchasing it here on iTunes for many years, however, as I was never able to definitively confirm that it was the original black and white version. I know there are many people who prefer the new colorized version, but I'm a purist/traditionalist: I grew up with the original B&W, and that's the only version of the film I wanted to purchase. When the film when on discount, I decided to risk it and cross my fingers for the B&W version. So, let this comment serve as an official confirmation for all future potential purchasers: this is the original black and white version, and the new colorized version is not offered in the special features. Happy Holidays!
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:28:26 GMT
12. Amazing - This movie is remarkably wonderful. It's an amazing masterpiece that I can't recommend enough. It's a Wonderful life is a great movie to watch even if it's not Christmas. In fact I just saw it right now and the Christmas element well the whole movie isn't about Christmas so don't worry. So yeah I can't recommend this film enough.
Fri, 04 Mar 2011 01:59:34 GMT
The final film in a highly romanticized trilogy about Elisabeth "Sissi" of Austria finds the young empress traveling throughout Europe.
Release date: 1957-12-19 Genre:Classics $12.99
The new "Harold & Kumar" comedy picks up six years after the duo's last adventure. After years of growing apart, Harold Lee (John Cho) and Kumar Patel (Kal Penn) have replaced each other with new friends and are preparing for their respective Yuletide celebrations. But when a mysterious package mistakenly arrives at Kumar's door on Christmas Eve, his attempt to redirect it to Harold's house ends with the "high grade" contents-and Harold's father-in-law's prize Christmas tree- going up in smoke. ...
Release date: 2011-11-04 Genre:Comedy $9.99
1. The Best Harold and Kumar Yet - What a pleasantly surprising holiday treat this movie was! This has the be the best Harold and Kumar movie of the series, I laughed a whole lot. I thought the first two Harold and Kumar movies were very hit and miss, sometimes funny, but most of the time embarrassingly tasteless. But this installment however is absolutely hilarious from beginning to end. Also, one of the things i have enjoyed about the series is the dynamics between Harold and Kumar, this movie shows us an even more tender side of their relationship, and this being a christmas movie makes us fall in love them even more. The jokes just keep rolling, and they keep getting funnier with every scene, no matter how politically incorrect. Plus, NPH gives his funniest performance yet in the franchise. Seriously, he's fantastic in this. Its an instant holiday classic, an instant comedy classic, and its also Harold and Kumar at their very finest.
Wed, 04 Jul 2012 18:32:53 GMT
2. Greatest Christmas story ever shown!!! - When I think of what the top heist as movies of all time are years from now this will still be on that list! Nothing compares! Hahaha Oh and to anyone reading this who has also read the other comments talking about how it's "crude" or "swears too much" I just want to say, "what the F&$@ were they doing watching it if they have an issue with crude humor. If that is not your thing then Harold and kumar is clearly not a movie that you should be watching so stay off of the comments blog. And to all of you who feel it necessary to take offence by a couple of humorous moments developed from themes in christianity I want you to think about how many times you've laughed at political cartoons smashing on Muslims or fat buddha jokes, or the giggles you get when someone in the media pokes fun at Scientology! Really people! A joke is a joke so grow up! This movie is great but definitely not for everyone. If you are one of those people then don't watch it.
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 01:39:44 GMT
She knows who's been naughty, and you better act nice, because Madea (Tyler Perry) is coming with a hilarious holiday comedy! Madea and her friend Eileen (Anna Maria Horsford) pay a surprise visit to Eileen's daughter, Lacey (Tika Sumpter). But the surprise is on them - Lacey has secretly married, and her oddball in-laws (Larry the Cable Guy and Kathy Najimy) are Eileen's worst nightmare! With everyone's tinsel in a tangle, Madea must use her wickedly funny wiles to restore holiday cheer.
Release date: 2013-12-13 $12.99
1. Best Tyler Perry Movie!!! - This was one of funniest Tyler Perry movies! Loved the part when they break the news to Made that they're married when they're out by the barn after she milks the cow! Tyler Perry and Larry The Cable Guy killed that scene! People with prejudice tendencies need to watch this too!
Sat, 06 Dec 2014 15:44:33 GMT
2. Great Turn Around On Social Justice Issues - The RT reviewers missed the boat on this one. Yes it is all Madea’s corny gags but beyond that is a powerful social message about the disparate economic powers that try to keep people divided. I loved the social commentary in this film. The pairing of jokes between Perry and Larry was comedic sparring worthy of a Shakespearean play. Horsford was masterful in her portrayal of the overbearing mother. Lively is an actor that makes you feel like you are there and breathed life into the scenes with Sumpter. Sumpter was the only disappointment in this film. She cannot act! Her face is like stone and she might as well be a robot. The story premise is a classic one and this put a modern spin on the issues. Enjoy the spirit of the film!
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:46:04 GMT
3. Stop - Please someone stop Tyler Perry from making movies!!! I'm black and I don't know any black people who act this way. Half my family is white and they don't act this way. His movies are so cliche and it's embarrassing. What's even worse is that he has gotten rich off of ignorance. Of making his own people look ignorant.
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:52:51 GMT