Release date: 2023-03-03 Genre:Action & Adventure $24.99
1. Pleasantly surprised... - I was pleasantly surprised by Operation Fortune. The snappy Guy Richie dialogue was rapid fire and the acting first rate. Hugh Grant absolutely steals the show as billionaire Greg who pulls of being smarmy and yet he's too arrogant and smart to be dishonest. His fan boy love of “movie star” Josh Hartnett is hilarious and still believable. The movies entire cast keeps the focus away from Jason Statham, in a good way. Though I’m a fan of Statham - Crank films etc, Statham’s charisma works best in specific scenarios. He’s used perfectly. The only minor complaint I have is the character of Sarah played by Aubrey Plaza. She only speaks ironically - kind of a Ryan Reynolds thing. It took me away from any believability in her character. But pound for pound, Operation Fortune is a great addition to Guy Ritchie’s top list in his impressive filmography.
Release date: 2022-12-09 Genre:Drama $19.99
1. Love Brendan Fraser! Hated the Movie - I love love love Brendan. His acting is superb bar none. However I hated the movie. Hated it. It does nothing but bash on religion and the daughter remained a money grubbing brat to the the end, there was no real conclusion. And despite bashing religion ( all characters) Brendan ‘s character “gets” to go to heaven. The whole movie just doesn’t make sense. However as I said before Brendan Fraser’s acting was magnificent. I’m just so sad that it took this long for him to get the accolades he deserves.
2. Heartbreakingly beautiful - This movie is a tearjerker. Some of the characters and the way they behave may even make you feel angry towards them, but that’s exactly how they would act in real life and their feelings are all justified. Brendan Fraser gives an amazing performance, as well as the rest of the cast. He definitely deserved the Oscar that he won for this film.
3. This is a film for the darkest moments we’re all afraid to see. - Brendan Fraser (and a strong cast) puts his soul into the body of a lost man whose profound unhappiness manifests in food addiction, and selective isolation. He shares the moments without a desire to fix anything but the path forward for his estranged daughter. He rejects redemption from a society that he has long since been a part of and asks the viewer to suffer with our own questions, doubts and insecurities right along with him. This is a difficult story that people should see. It is difficult to watch. Fraser’s character Charlie wants to believe in others though he has given up on himself. The Oscar performance is in showing us a story of those we choose not to see, when we lose value in ourselves, and perhaps inspiring those we cannot give up on. Fraser strives to find dignity and understanding and hope in humanity. May the film inspire those who are lost or in self-isolation and those who love them.
4. NO POINT MADE IN THIS MOVIE...Not what I expected - I read all the great reviews, and listened to all the hype-- if I had of known before what I know now; I would not have rented this movie. He did NOT make a transformation for this part ( as many actors have & do), he used fat "suit" & make-up to look obese. What is everybody so wowed by- the part where he eats like a KLUMP at a buffet, but with zero table manners, or that he is making clear that he is set on killing himself by eating himself to death! It could have had some drama if they would have built more on his relationships, but for me; it was a hit and miss because it jumped from one thing to another. I don't care what people say; this was totally unrealistic. Wish I could rewind my choice; I would have watched something else!!!
5. Absolute garbage - Spare yourself this wrong-headed attempt at “empathy”. Fraser is doing his best but this character and the entire film is so poorly written, there’s only so much that can be done. Hong Chao is great as always, while everyone else (especially Sadie Sink and Samantha Morton) give absolutely TERRIBLE performances.
6. Loved The Film-Hated The Quality - I really have nothing bad to say about the film. But I have plenty to say to iTunes. Twenty bucks for a standard screen copy? Seriously? Not to mention, the whole film was dark and grainy. There were a few scenes where we were to read a piece of paper or view his computer screen. Not!! I saw nothing but blurry letters that could not be read. There is nothing wrong with my home theater. I have ’s of films to choose from. And not one is like this. Stay far away until we get a true widescreen image in true HD.
7. The movie that says being fat is ok - When you see movies where gives you motivation to act, to work, to be the best, there is other movies where the only intention is, you can be fat it is ok, you can be on antidepressants, just cover your insecurities, do not try to be better on you health, that what this movie was all about it.
8. If you've ever been REALLY fat - if you've ever been really fat this movie will hit home. Its hard for those outside that to understand. its not a perfect movie but it has a lot to offer of you're patient and really try to understand and put yourself in Charlie's shoes. Its haunting yet hopeful but I get it its not for everyone.
9. Exceptional film - Do not pay any attention to the bad requests in here. This movie is exceptional. The acting by everyone is outstanding. Brendan Fraser is amazing and absolutely deserves to take home the Oscar. I can’t believe the woman playing his nurse/friend and the girl playing his daughter weren’t nominated. They should have been. This movie shows exactly what life is…it’s being hurt, being in pain because of the people we love and the choices they make and the circumstances we find ourselves in…and hopefully we come to the realization that it’s no one’s fault…it’s just life. So live in honesty, live in truth, and try not to hurt other people while you are on your journey. Because the bottom line is…we all are imperfect perfect people.
10. My take on The Whale - Great performances by all actors. My only complaint is that when plays like this are brought to the screen, it sometimes still feels like a play because of one location in the movie and few actors. It might just be me nitpicking, but I think it would have been better if they had delved into more backstory with the flashbacks of his younger self and maybe some flashbacks to his relationship with his ex and daughter. Overall, it was a great movie that shows the reality of what grief and loss can do to a person. I give it stars, since my gripes aren’t necessarily about the quality of the movie and are more of a personal preference. I think it can also serve as a reminder to those who tend to “other” obese people and make judgments that it’s a disgusting thing to do to a fellow human being. You don’t know what that person has been through. Just my take on some of the messaging in the movie.
11. Raw, powerful, haunting - Going into this movie, I knew it was going to be a gut-rencher, but the fact that I’ve experienced almost all of this in my life…hit too close to home. I cried multiple times out of sorrow and sadness for Charlie in the film.
I hope everyone gets a chance to see this. An excellent portrayal of depression, mental illness, abandonment, death. Fraser pulled this off so well! I was thoroughly impressed by it!
Release date: 2023-01-13 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Even the most angry can find happiness from dedicated friendship - First let me say I enjoy the characters that Tom Hanks plays, so I’m a bit jaded. I did not read the book so I watched with no real knowledge of the story. The role of Otto unfolded as one might expect for this character, but the addition of a new neighbor could have gone a variety of ways. However the tenacious nature of her kindness wins out, and that was refreshing given Otto’s determination to leave this world. The power of love and kindness prevails throughout and the good feelings this movie leaves you with hits the mark for leaving the theater satisfied. While suicide should never be taken lightly, ever, Otto’s attempts were amusing enough to keep the movie in the light rather than the darkness that is so prevalent with thoughts of suicide. His grief is eventually replaced with purpose, and again keeps the movie in the light. The soundtrack was extremely important to conveying the scene’s meanings. I liked it so much, that I’m listening to it as I write this. I have read some of the comments about this movie, and while I may not agree with them, I respect their views and opinions. For me I was entertained, found some new music, was reminded it takes work to be a good neighbor, and lastly Tom Hanks and his lovely wife Rita delivered. Thank you!
2. Amazing movie, Tom did it again - Absolute great movie, good mix of humor and seriousness. Anyone whining about “woke agenda”, go practice falling down in traffic. How dare they make a movie with plot points relevant to the times… Anyone who solely focuses on that “woke” junk probably has bedded their sister at some point.
3. Imagine hating people simply for existing - All the poor reviews are left by the Nations trainers who raided the Capital.
Stop hating people simply for existing. Stop worrying about other peoples lives if their lifestyle/way of living if it is not directly negatively impacting your own.
It’s okay to breathe, I can’t imagine waking up every morning and being filled with so much hate.
If you wanna run it @smallhandskev is my IG. Since you don’t have a job
4. Another deceive movie - The plot of the movie could be good if was not use to push the woke prejudiced agenda and global warming again, and against white men, black men, Hispanic men and immigrants, with good like able actors, what shame now director and writers have to comply with the new rules of Hollywood to make movies so they can stay in relevant
Release date: 2023-02-24 Genre:Action & Adventure $24.99
1. So very good - We went & seen this. & it was Fantastic! Full theatre first time I’ve seen that in years. people Theatre we had a Great Time. These people in reviews are cynical, miserable, over PC, probably haven’t laughed a day in their life, & I’m a trans W, really I am! Heck laugh at me! Long as something in your life, sparks joy! I can take that rather then your miserable ways & reviews! if you can’t watch this movie with humor and a good time. You are wasting life. This is very loosely based on a true story, but everything in this film is fictional! So why are you so mad? Do you get angry at Marvel movies too! or are they just the best thing you’ve ever seen! Crazy girl watching s movie. Have yourself a good time goonies never say die. love ya.
2. Have not seen it yet but… - I can’t wait based on all the negative snowflake reviews from people who have no sense of humor! Before you go saying this film will normalize cocaine for kids ask yourself if you ever though drag queens would be the norm? Also gun violence in movies has created a generation of mass murder.
3. Just average - The story is written well but with a sort of diverging plots coming together into the forest for their own specific reasons and doing all the dumb things characters would do in a horror movie but with a bear instead (which is done intentionally). The problem is there just isn’t enough to go off of, it’s really just about a cocaine eating bear killing people. There are some funny moments mixed with gore moments. But it isn’t particularly funny, I wouldn’t consider this movie a full comedy. All in all there’s a good cast attached, it’s worth a single watch and that’s about it. I’m glad I didn’t see this in theaters wasting $- but it is worth a home watch.
4. ? - Rolli Boyz, you’re a sped… the movie is rated R meaning not intended for children, if you have a problem with kids seeing it, take it up with their parents not Hollywood weirdo .. all of that is by choice, it’s not forced on anyone .. pull your skirt down, your thong is showing. If they saw it, they chose to, if their parents let them it was their choice to.. don’t blame Hollywood for questionable parenting or early exposure. Selective Outrage for sure.
5. GUESS IT's JUST for IGNORANT ANIMAL HATERS.... - Great movie that's so funny, I think NOT! This really happened so I don't find it amusing that a bear ended up dying because of some P.O.S. drug runners. I don't know what kind of parent takes their child to see this type of movie, but whatever; try SCARFACE to watch with them next!!!
6. Hated This Movie When I Heard About It, Hate It Even More Now - When I heard about “Cocaine Bear” shortly before its release to theaters last month, I immediately hated it because of the title because I knew it was gonna be awful. I proved myself right when I briefly saw a gross moment at of the theater rooms at my job that made me decide I hated it. Like late movie critic Roger Ebert said about ’s movie “North”, I’ll say here; “I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every single stupid audience-insulting moment of it”. In short, I absolutely HATE “Cocaine Bear”.
7. Hollywood normalizes cocaine for kids - The world is in desperate need of healing not normalizing cocaine for the youth. it’s only comedic right and will have no negative repercussions? As I walked out of the theatre a guy says man that made me want to do some blow. I’m already hearing year olds talking about cocaine while walking in public, what next meth Shark, How about fentanyl alligator, Wouldn’t that be funny?
8. Spectacular - Anyone panning this movie needs to get back to their stupid Disney-made woke machine and typical Hollywood garbage. This is a good movie. Funny, likable characters, and unadulterated good time. That’s what movies are for. Great time in the theater with audience clapping and laughing along.
9. Great Concept, Poor Execution - When making a comedy horror, the best of the genre strive to make the horror elements truly terrifying and then deliver on comedic moments. Unfortunately, Cocaine Bear is trying to be too many things at once, while (mostly) striking out on either element. The scenes featuring the bear, in most cases, save what would otherwise be an extremely plodding film lacking of any truly likable characters worth investing interest or emotion into. There are a few that could have shined in the film (like the paramedics) if given more dialog and character elements to make an impact, but are ultimately given short shrift -quickly introduced and quickly dispatched. Everything felt both draggy and rushed at the same time. I found myself bored while in the theater against predictable plot twists and what felt like unnecessary gore to push marketing a hard R, when reflecting back on how much better the film would have been with more of a concentration on the comedic elements and a more imaginative approach to the horror/bear attack scenes.
Release date: 2021-03-26 Genre:Action & Adventure $4.99
1. Remember it’s a Movie !! - Just like the title states, it’s a movie … if your watching it to be entertained and you like the cast then I think you will really enjoy the movie especially if you like action with some comedy added in and a little intrigue, if not it probably won’t be your cup of tea, I gave it four stars because it does what it’s intended to do entertain, and after all when was the last time you saw a five star movie ??
2. Good action movie but.. - There is a scene in which Bob Odenkirk’s character is on the bus soon after he has a confrontation on a different bus and the injuries are missing from his face, but they show back up in the next scene. I blame this on terrible editing and a gross error on the makeup dept. Otherwise, Odenkirk makes the movie. Another reason why if you’re in a sticky situation, Better Call Saul!
3. Better Than Expected - Ok, I was bored and was looking through the movies on iTunes. The cover and description looked kinda cheesy but like I said, I was bored. Soooo glad I rented this movie. Seriously, I was entertained. Always loved this dude from Breaking Bad but never thought of him as an action hero. I was so wrong. He pulls it off in an “everyday guy” sort of way.
4. Entertaining, but the plot doesn’t make any sense - I wanted to see what the hype was all about. The movie is entertaining, but the plot doesn’t make any sense. The main character was getting in the middle of trouble for no reason. I’d wait for this movie to stream for free. It’s not a movie you need to pay to see.
Release date: 2022-12-21 Genre:Kids & Family $19.99
1. Great movie!! - This movie was great! The animation style is beautiful, and I really liked the wolf! The only content concerns are these:
one use of "h-ll", two uses of "c--p", and one cut off "bull-".
There is also some bleeped swearing, one scene has a character letting loose a few bleeped words for "fun" (as Goldilocks and the bears were namecalling each other), and another when the dog is listing off his "names". There is also one misue of God's name, but you might miss it. There is one drop of blood, but that's nothing much. If you're easily scared, the wolf might come off as creepy and eerie (he's supposed to). Overall, this movie is awesome!
2. Adorable, despite the questionable actors. - It would be stars and a favorite, but just knowing the ultra vulgar material I know some of these actors like Selma put out, I make sure that we note the blatant moral hipocracy. For anybody who actually still pays attention or is careful whome they allow to entertain their children.
3. An interesting, heartfelt movie - First of all, this is wayyyy too overpriced; I wish they would lower it. But, it is a VERY good movie. This movie is very sweet and has a lot of action in it. It’s definitely a lot better than the shows. I think it’s a very interesting movie to watch with friends and family. It also has a lot of humor. It has a very important message too! I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves humor and movies with a lot of action in it!!!
4. AMAZING - Probably not for REALLY young audiences but I think and up will really enjoy this. The animation was immaculate, the characters all enthralling, the action draws you in and for some adult viewers, the themes through the movie really hits different. One question; Have you ever been afraid? This movie covers panic attacks, trauma, grappling with being afraid but learning to face your fears, learning to be vulnerable and, of course, friendship. I haven’t really cried since the Titanic but this movie had me misty-eyed. It deserves all the awards.
5. Almost perfect Movie! - Do not pay attention to the star reviews. All of them complain about the price of the movie being too high. THEN DON’T BUY IT!!! The movie just came out in theaters. This is not price gouging. Thank God we do not have to wait months before we can buy a movie. Good story with a great cast. John Mulaney playing Big Jack Horner was amazing.
6. Parents! read this before you watch the movie! - So cute! Good for kids! A few swear words…. A lot of bad language….. other than that, IT WAS SOOO FUNNY! There were some times when they spoke in Spanish, idk what they were saying, but you might want to look it up before you watch it so it makes sense The villains might be a bit scary for some little kids. One had some creepy laughs and seemed like a person who wants to take over the world…. The cats are adorable and so funny! THE DOG WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!! He is sooo funny and he always had a good attitude and was always kind! A adorable little puppy that makes kids happy!
7. PURRfect - Been a while since a decent move came out and this first Puss Movie was pretty bad but this one... best fresh movie in years. Great Character Developments & Arcs Amazing multiple Villians Awesome Animation with a touch of Anime styles mixed in Tearing Up Momments
- Favorite hero song As usual a little heavy handed with cat jokes but nothing compared to first and enough satisfactory story to pass. Starts off slow and cringy like first movie, but what a slight of hand as it ramps up and changes direction entirely.
8. So Funny, It’s As Verbally Savage As Its Predecessor & Originals - As verbally savage as the original “Shrek” movies & this movie’s prequel predecessor are in their own hilarious right, “Puss In Boots : The Last Wish” is just as verbally savage as the rest of the “Shrek”franchise. I can’t believe that not only did Kitty Softpaws nearly say “bulls…”, but Perrito also said a few swear words that were thankfully censored in the movie. In the original “Shrek” movies, some characters used minor swear words, yet somehow they slipped through uncensored & still made them funny, particularly coming from Shrek & Donkey. I loved how Gingy & Pinocchio made their cameo appearances, but the ending was even better because apparently “Puss In Boots : The Last Wish” concludes right around the same time that “Shrek Forever After” take place. If you didn’t know then, you’ll now know by reading my positive review of this movie. If there’s ever a rd “Puss In Boots” installment, please make it as verbally savage as the last installments of the “Shrek” franchise. In short, I love “ Puss In Boots : The Last Wish”.
9. Fantastic movie, great message. - We watched this in the theater. The animation is amazing. The music is great. But the message, wow. I loved it. DreamWorks/Universal is quickly overtaking Pixar in favoring art over... Other things. Perrito's story! Great example for kids (and adults). Highly recommended.
10. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome. - A sequel to a spin off movie. Usually a recipe for disaster, but this time it’s resulted in a masterpiece of a movie. After a deluge of terrible films and even worse shows, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish delivers a captivating adventure, actually catchy songs, humor for all, and great lessons delivered in an intelligent and thrilling manner. To say nothing of the cast of adversaries our heroes face, rememberable and impactful. Trust me, this movie has a place in your library.
Release date: 2019-05-17 Genre:Action & Adventure $7.99
1. Dear Apple, Never paying $ to buy this movie. - Why is there no date listed as to when it can be rented? Apple is playing a greedy little game with their movies and all the ones you really and I mean really want to see, mysteriously don’t have a rental date shown, only a $ buy now during a pandemic. Thanks guys.
2. Chapter - Love this series, what I like most is the whole mythology (the underworld, the hierarchy, the characters & the assassins themselves), the amount of training this guy puts into the main character is amazing, the dedication, he’s all in all the time (as is Halle Berry in this one), if I were at some Hollywood gathering that were overtaken by a hostile force I’d start gravitating towards Keanu Reeves...Also, Shout Out to the tactical dogs!
3. Not the best John Wick by a margin - It seems to me that Halle Berry is only cast to dead or dying franchises, she isn’t a particularly good actress and is getting older every day. So the literal only reason they put her in this movie is to put aes in seats. And it’s obvious. But they didn’t really advertise her presence, I had no idea she was in it. So why pay her when hundreds of younger better looking women would have jumped five feet in the air at the chance for a quarter on the dollar, no clue. The gun/knife porn is on point but please pick a co star that isn’t more than a half a hundred years old. Men don’t like wrinkles covered in makeup and cgi. It’s not how we’re wired so stop pretending we should be.
4. Action Movie Masterpiece - I love all the John Wick movies all of them are amazing and entertaining action movies the rd one Parabellum is pretty awesome and freaking violent i highly recommend all the john wick movies i love keanu reeves he is the most awesome and talented actors out there he is awesome at any movie out there.
5. More of the same unfortunately - I thoroughly enjoyed the first John Wick film. It was very unique and stood out. John Wick added a bunch of mythology in order to make it interesting. Ultimately it was not as good as the first. By this third installment, it has just become a new formula... I love the cast and can see the hard work that went into this movie. It’s technically well made but it simply lacks any emotional connection for me now. It’s not “bad” - it’s disappointing.
6. To all the haters on John Wick - I was reading the comment on “there wasn’t any music during the fighting!!!!” Bruh do you have music on when you fight or inna brawl?!! No I don’t think anybody does. They wanted you to feel the intensity of the fighting and feel what he is going through during this film. I hate how a movie is really good but then you get people who make comments on just the little things instead of making comments on the whole movie!!! How bout you all go out and make a movie and see how what comes out of it.
7. I love John Wick - but was awful - Bang bang bang bangbangbang slice slash bang bang bang. I guess there was a plot — kill JW, get rich — but the story made no sense. He pledges fealty by cutting off a finger — then decides, forget fealty, forget the bloody stump! Just a mess in every way. I ended up watching it in segments, and then only because I paid.
8. Terrible - violence to the extreme, simply a waste - The movie starts with extreme violence, has no plot, but then when you think a plot is beginning to unfold the movie steps right back into blood and violence. Half way through the movie (yes I gave it a chance) I could bear no more of it’s content. This is the first movie that I have rated in years. This one deserves this rating. It stinks and is not worth your time. Look elsewhere.
9. A little too much effort - The first two movies were not so bad but this one seems to be showing a little too much over acting maybe? Some parts are really dragged out and seem more unbelievable than what it already is. How many times should John been killed and yet didn’t because he is obviously the main character. There was so much delay between some take downs that it seemed like they were waiting to be killed by him. Too much computer involved in making this movie and not enough thought to make it more practical. Time to be done with this set. Let’s not expound on this any more please.
10. Entertaining but... - Though I like the movie, there were a lot of instances in sequel that could’ve caused JW’s death. Some fighting sequences were not realistic. Also it reminds me of the Matrix where they added thousands of fighters in the end. It seems that there are more and more assassins to fight. No human has that much stamina to continue the fight at the same energy level. I hope they end this franchise with sequel because the writers are running out of ideas for a storyline. Here is an idea: Exact revenge on “the high table” and then finally go into a retirement which nobody would dare to disturb. The end.
11. Ignore the haters, Best Wick so far. - Don’t know what people’s problem with this rd installment is. This movie is amazing. Massive pistol/knife play, spanning several continents, awesome attack dog scenes, amazing judo, epic shotgun play. My favorite JW by far with a wide open ending for the next film. Berry trained her butt off for the film she is on point also.
Release date: 2023-01-27 Genre:Comedy $12.99
Release date: 2023-03-10 Genre:Thriller $12.99
1. Morgan Freeman at his best-- this is my fav! Nice shock! - WoW, I am just blown away by this movie, it was even better than I expected. Freeman's one of my fav actors, but I feel he does not get as many of the worthy scripts he deserves. I was so pleased with this movie, and adding Cole Hauser to the mix sure was pleasing to me also. Without dropping any spoiler; I just want to say that it was EXCELLENT to be shocked by an ending, loved it!!!
2. Good - For fans of Morgan Freeman and Yellowstone’s Cole Hauser, it’s worth the watch. A bit Seven, DaVinci Code (with regard to ritual practices), and western (cowboy justice) all rolled together. I would give it five stars had the plot and characters developed a bit more. The initial scenes of Freeman are important. I only wish it would have incorporated more of that. However, then it might have seemed too much like a Seven ripoff. Otherwise, it’s a worthwhile thriller that highlights differences in culture from a bit of a gruesome, morbid sociological and anthropological point of view.
Release date: 2022-04-08 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $19.99
1. Deserves best movie - It’s not easy to understand philosophical meanings in the beginning, but after part Everywhere, this movie hit me so hard. This movie made me cry and laugh, then made me rethink about reality where I live in. I will do my best to make my life meaningful and be kind to others.
2. Totally worth the time - It starts a little show, to be sure, but once it gets going, it is a well paced film that will have you on the edge of your seat. I guarantee that those who gave this a bad review simply lacked the patience or intelligence to follow the plot. Those who received their awards deserved it, this was one of the best movies I've seen in some time.
3. How could you not LOVE IT - The mix of real life vs. shenanigans is seriously too close too home or funny to not love this movie and clearly the Academy Awards got it right. Truly, a great film I’ll watch…even pieces of again & over on my because it’s too great to pack away for an occasional night. If you don’t get the many messages in this movie, you might be the problem
4. Definitely not all it's hyped up to be. - I generally love the movies with the alternate universe, mind-bending, look at things from a new perspective type movies... but this one was just WEIRD. It felt like they threw things in just for the shock, sex, or "toilet humor" value and not because it did anything for the story. Depending on who lists the film it's referenced as Sci-Fi or Action Adventure ... and while there are elements of those things in there, it should have been listed more as comedy and I'd probably stomach it more, but it was honestly just really odd and definitely NOT a movie I thought should win oscars - not even close. No thanks.
5. Can’t Believe I Fell For It - I was originally skeptical. Didn’t look great. It swept the Oscars, and I gave it a shot. It was an awful, disjointed, disconcerting mess…….with Hot Dog Fingers and an aging Jamie Lee Curtis’ toes playing the piano. I cannot unsee that.
Don’t do this to yourself.
6. Astoundingly good. - An absolute masterpiece of emotion, connection, family, life, and what it is to be a human being. Funny and heart-wrenching and a visual and creative spectacle. So, so, SO good. If you're someone who left a one-star rating, buddy, that's on you. The film is there, full and amazing, for the taking.
7. Total Non-Sense - I haven’t seen a worse movie in years. TRUST ME. No idea how they have all those star reviews - must be from everyone who had anything to do with its production. I purchased it based on this totally false reviews. I forced myself to watch halfway then I simply could not go further - gave up. I am easy to please on movies but I have no idea why they created this mess. Because this movie win so many awards I tried watching it again …..nope……could not finish it. Stupid. Stupid. Creating a plot that follows the lines of a handgranade is not entertaining - it’s wasted energy.
8. Alot of "stuff" does not a good movie make. - It has it's moments where potential shows up, but usually it's short circuited by uninspiring randomness or unecessary vulgarity disguised as 'brilliant artistic inspiration'. This may please the hyper neurotic brain of many phone app addicts, but a movie about nothing that barely slides by on some cute moments and adrenaline is nothing more than a juvenile fever dream. Putting a bow on it at the end with a generic "family is all you got" theme doesn't make it worth the sex toys and not so subtle insinuations of insult. Hard pass for anyone looking for a family friendly popcorn flick.
9. Not your typical mutliverse story - Don't come to this movie expecting a slick Marvel, mutliverse story that is brimming with action and cool sci-fi special effects...thankfully, it's not that type of movie. Instead, we have a human journey that follows a family across the multiverse, although it's mostly centererd on the Mom and daughter. It takes aim at nihilism...after all, if all possibilities can be explored (not that I believe that), then why does anything matter? What does it mean to save a life, or take a life in such a paradigm? This movie takes you on a journey, and arrives at an answer towards the end, and posits a mode of being--of loving--that overcomes what seems to be a nihilistic multiverse. This is a comedy, a tragedy, with martial arts, animals that can cook...it's up, it's down, it's quirky and crazy...in short, it's about life, and the best movie I have seen in a looooong time.
Release date: 2014-10-24 Genre:Action & Adventure $7.99
1. Seriously? - I see people in the comments complaining about how this movie is really predictable, how there is no plot, or whatever else the reason. I think people have become so obsessed about serious movies with deep plots and secrets that they forget to just enjoy the movie. This isn’t a multi-million dollar Marvel movie. Thie is one of those movies that you just sit back and enjoy. It’s not supposed to be realistic nor is it supposed to be taken seriously, it’s Keanu Reeves beating up a bunch of people, just sit back and enjoy it.
2. Awesome !! - I love how long the scenes are. You can see that Keanu Reeves is actually doing the movie himself. Grappling is superb. They made this one of my favorite ever. Fight, gun, scenes are like never before shot and it is the best when you see Keanu do these scenes with no special effects and smoke machines where you can’t tell what even happened when they fight. They should make every action movie this way. WOW great. Reeves is the best by far now.
3. Not what I expected given the hype: - I’ve only watched the first two chapters so far. They were well acted and technically believable but not the kind of movie I would have expected someone like Keanu Reeves to make. His character is instantly recognized, respected and identified as professional; intelligent, well focused and not someone to mess with, yet ... The character is driven solely be revenge. I’m surprised Mr. Reeves would take on the role of such a shallow character. Keanu Reeves is for better roles than this. I would have preferred the same character but with a more Robert Langdon style story. Something that requires the intelligence and resourcefulness his character is supposed to possess. I hope the third and upcoming fourth movies have more substantial plots than just mass head shots.
4. Love this move but where are the subtitles?! - Great action movie. It’s not a deep thinker but it’s very solid all the way aground. BUT, where are the subtitles fir the Russian parts? They are important to the story. It’s important to hear their dialogue. Watching scene at gas station and you don’t know what the Russian thugs are saying. iTunes please fix this!!
5. Best action movie of the century - The screenwriters of this movie took the right ingredients of action and revenge, mixed it in a bowl with Keanu Reeves added a sad and touching story behind it and out came John Wick.
When I first saw this movie in I was blown away, they literally took everything the perfect revenge movie should have and created this.
6. Extraordinarily realistic and visceral action! - Reeves' commitment to this role shines through in his performance. Extraordinarily realistic and visceral action. This is a film that makes you feel the action sequences in your bones. If you don't give this stars...well then, I hope somebody shoots your dog.
Release date: 2022-08-19 Genre:Anime $14.99
1. Great Movie for Gohan and his fans - This movie is a great movie for all dragon ball fans and it focuses more on gohan and we all know how they been treating my boy gohan after after dragon ball z he has a few moments during the tournament of power in dragon ball super but this movie does him justice and puts him on more of a power level similar to the likes of mastered ultra instinct and this movie overall is a great call back to the Cell saga
2. Thank God For The American Dub! - This movie is % different than any other DB film that has ever been made! There is only Anime series that is and will always be the greatest of all time! DB is that Anime series and thank God that is not some opinionated nonsense as it’s a fact that DB is the best ever! So kick back and enjoy this beautiful movie that is and will always be the GOAT of EVERY SINGLE ANIME SERIES!
3. Awesome movie - I salute all the writers and producers of this fine dragon ball movie. I can’t wait to see what happens next. Hopefully Akira Toriyama will bring us more in the years to come I hope that Akira Toriyama will use Broly as a reoccurring character now that we have seen Goku training him in that short little scene they threw in as fun side story footage I see it as wonderful character development for the cast of our favorite long running franchise let’s keep getting stronger everyone From life long fan super saiyan Laura
Release date: 2017-02-10 Genre:Action & Adventure $7.99
1. Thuê để coi rồi mua luôn để Collection. - Tôi đã nghiện phim này, ban đầu chỉ thuê trên ITunes để xem nhưng tôi vừa quyết định đặt mua đĩa DVD để dành xem lại. Phim rất hay ở cốt truyện và diễn viên đóng chính rất..ngầu. Hãy xem và mua nó
2. Yes!!! - Better than the first by far. I’ve been among many debates about the sequel and everyone I talk to says the movie is “too dry” and they complain about John having no “new” moves. Question. If you were the best assassin in the world why would you change the way you fight? Exactly. You wouldn’t. It’s John Wick not Pokèmon.
3. Over the top violence, profanity - This film’s violence was so unreal and excessive at times it was comical ... a Bill and Ted “It” version? And Hollywood thinks these movies will not influence young people who attend our schools and walk through our malls? Movie makers must be held to account.
4. Best action movie of the decade and century - As a diehard John wick fan this sequel definitely built on its predecessor is a perfect way with more killing, more intense action scenes and beautifully filmed. John wick has changed action movies by adding perfect acting with percent of the movie being action.
5. Wick Wick - I finally realized why I didn’t like this film, as much as the first. It destroys the mythos, the legend of John Wick. The first John Wick film set up an amazing character and world. It establish John as a fearsome man you wouldn’t want to cross, a man of focus and drive. Then Chapter came out and destroyed that, essentially turning John into a weak, desperate man. So desperate, that the film introduces some Italian mobster character. Apparently, the night of John’s impossible task for the Russians, John made a deal with this Italian mobster. This deal was to help him accomplish his task, and to protect him after he got out? I just find this whole aspect of the film to be dumb. The first film established that John didn’t really need protecting, in my opinion. He could just buy such services, if they were needed. Furthermore, it is implied that the Russians were the ones protecting John. They can’t just release John from any obligations, he more than likely has enemies. And if not the Russians, then the Continental - which seems to almost be a governing body of sorts. The Continental sets forth certain conduct and standards. There was no need to take the blood oath with the Italian mobster, who has a reputation for being ruthless and conniving. Which only lends credence to rewriting John as a weak and desperate character. Another reviewer pointed out that Chapter also tries to rewrite John as a man unwilling to kill. The first film clearly establishes John as a man willing to kill, he is an assassin aster all, that’s his trade. Which makes it so unusual to see John so unwilling to do his job. The whole reason for John wanting to get out of that world was his wife, not that he was tired of killing. He just wanted a peaceful life with his wife. Unfortunately, Chapter destroys this lore as well. This isn’t all the damage Chapter has done to John Wick, it also destroys the world. The first John Wick makes it clear that the mobsters, assassins, etc. all conduct their business in the shadows. So, to see everyone in New York being revealed to be assassins. It suggests that these mobs, assassins, people do not have to hide from authorities as much as it seems they do, or should. Then there is the subway scene... No, just no. Guns, even with suppressors attaches, are not that quiet. People would be running, they’d still hear the primer go off. It was an interesting idea, but it just doesn’t work. There is also several fight sequences in a house of mirrors, which could’ve been a little more interesting. The environment never really seemed to be taken advantage of by both sides. Finally there is the big finale, the climax. John is after the Italian mobster because he betrayed him, which leads them both to The Continental - which is sort of like a five-star hotel for assassins, but it has a few rules. One of those rules is, no killing at all, while on Continental ground. It’s meant to be a neutral place. John breaks character once again here, rather than remain his collected, focused, and patient self, John kills the Italian mobster. Which essentially marks him for death. So that, by the end of it, you’re left wondering if John wanted this. John knew the consequences of his actions, and the mobster certainly didn’t destroy everything he had - just his material possessions. This just seem ridiculous to me, and I don’t believe John wanted to essentially commit suicide. Don’t be too afraid by all the negatives though, if you aren’t a fan of John Wick, none of this will likely bother you. If you’ve at least watched the first film, however, then Chapter might bother you a little due to its inconsistencies. It’s worth a rent at least, but I wouldn’t buy it... If I hadn’t already bought it, that is. Man, I really wish I had rented this one. The first film is definitely superior, and the place to start. It’s also the film out of the two you should absolutely purchase.
Release date: 2022-11-23 Genre:Action & Adventure $9.99
1. Good reminder! Great movie! - We so enjoyed this movie. It was great to learn about Jesse, and was such an important reminder of a war that was fought that many of us don’t think much about. We need more stories like this to remind us of the tragedy that war causes for those that are fighting, as well as those that are at home.
2. Good movie, all too "convenient" timing. - The execution is good, solid story. Like it wants to throw back to the greats like Saving Private Ryan. Then there's the 'buts'. It's rather convenient that the timing of the overarcing message is , once again, so called white oppressors and 'black' struggle finding allies that will sympathize. yes, it's a "true story" (extra quote unquotes) but where is the movie about the Americans who weren't African American fighting to abolish such behavior, as the Democrats who still deny their own history and standing at the school house with fire hoses. This isn't ONLY a true story, but another trend of telling history through one very narrow lense like a horse with blinders on. It's the mixing of the ever so subtle propagnda that I find disgusting, and that has to do with the intent to exploit it and cash in that has become clear in many movies following this trend for anyone paying attention to it. God bless the man who lived the real version, but this doesn't do the kind of justice and respect I think is due, and the product has been cheapened because of it.
3. Glad I rented. - Most of the action is in the previews. First hour is very slow. Eventually, I skipped a part of second half to get to the planes combat footage. Midway was so much better than this waste of time. Naturally, rotten tomatoes gives it a high score and because of this, it has a good chance of winning best movie award.
4. Great movie about a Great Pilot - As someone who has served in the Navy, I was blown away at how great this movie was! It was well done and everything looked authentic! The cinematography was great! I am surprised that I had never heard this story before! I wished that I had! I was certainly very happy that I bought it and wasn’t disappointed at all! I do recommend this to all those that have served! To those that wrote negative reviews about this film: It wasn’t just about racism, it was about two pilots becoming friends and about a husband and wife’s love for each other!
5. It’s not a bad movie, but it’s not a good movie either - I read the book that the film was based on a week prior to the film’s release. I had high expectations that certain parts of the book would have been mentioned in the film. However only a few was mentioned, to almost none at all. I understand not everything from a book can be put into a film, but I believe that certain parts of the book could have given the viewers a better understanding of why it was put in or connect with the narrative better. But as the saying goes if a movie is based off a book, “The book is better than the movie.” Other than that, action scenes were decent for a war film; the relationship between the main characters were ok… Will I watch it again? Not really, but I’m willing to give the film another chance.
6. One of the best adaptations of real events! - This is possibly the most beautifully shot and written movie of the year especially with the Skyraider scenes. The acting performances from Jonathan Majors and Glen Powell are absolutely phenomenal and will leave you clinging on every word. This is a truly fantastic adaptation from Adam Makos book based on the real life events.
7. NAVAL AVIATION HISTORY - Dear America… This true story epic film; based on the book “DEVOTION”, by Adam Makos can be described in one word: SACRED. It is the story of the First African-American Naval Aviator, Ensign Jesse Leroy Brown, U.S.N. and the relationship that is created with his devoted friend and fellow squadron (VF-) mate, Captain Thomas Jerome Hudner Jr., U.S.N. (Ret.). The film captures every emotion and draws in the viewer to a different time during the first year of the Korean War - .
With the very limited use of CGI or special digital effects; the film incorporates the use of actual airworthy military aircraft of the era. Six Corsairs, one Bearcat, one Skyraider, an early design HOS- helicopter, and even a jet-powered MiG-. The aerial cinematography is truly amazing and very impressive. The true essence of the story definitely comes alive on the Big Screen. You will not be disappointed; but will be extremely overwhelmed by the immense human emotional drama unfolding before your eyes. This is the film that epitomizes the word “brotherhood”. A group of young men placed in war; working together as one.
“DEVOTION”… a tale of U.S. Naval Aviators fighting for each other’s survival; as well as their Duty, Honor, and Commitment to their country in time of war. May God Bless All of those who have served our Nation in the past, present, and in the future. They are the REAL heroes… we all thank them for their service.
Release date: 2005-02-17 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $4.99
1. Don't Be Geeky! - First of all lets get this out of the way.! The character of John Constantine IS Keanu Reeves. Don't insult everyone's intelligence by tell people that TV show comes close to the movie. And he blows the comic book away as well. Let's be real; Batman in the movies is not at all like the comic books. I totally agree with everyone who says it needed a sequel. One of Constantine's final words in the movie was "I have some cleaning up to do around here (the city)". Keanu was better in this movie than he was in the Matrix. So do yourself a favor; just watch it at face value. Then you will enjoy it better.
2. ANOTHER GREAT REEVES FILM - This is a movie you watch over and over again. The comic character played by Reeves is the rare hero that is fighting heaven and hell. The story is tight and the actors right. The fact is that when the role is strange and creative... Keanu can be so great and never over stylized or deviating from his core personality that makes a fictional character almost believable. Excellent classic that is fun to watch.
3. A Pleasant Surprise - First off, Keanu: he takes a lot of flak, but every dog has his day; whether because he just got into it, or he was suited to the role, or for whatever reasons, he does a nice job. Jaded, suspicious, at times subtly funny. And this coming from a guy who only ever liked him in Bill and Ted's and the Matrix. More importantly, the supporting cast: Gabriel is complex and creepy; Constantine's assistants are peculiar and memorable; Weisz is nice. And it hosts possibly my favorite devil of all time: better than Angelheart, better than the Prophecy, better than Mr. Frost. Legend is hard to beat, but we're talking two totally different takes on the devil. (Yes, I like religious fantasies.) The plot: people have said that the plot is rehashed / convoluted / uninteresting. To all that, I say hooey. Honestly, I'm mostly an artsy-fartsy guy, and the artistic aspects of this movie really appeal to me. There are some genuinely original ideas: water being a universal conduit to precipitate journeys between Earth and Hell; demons and angels being forbidden access to Earth, save half-breeds; the concentration on suicides being sentenced to Hell, (something viewers have balked on, but it's a great plot vehicle.) Nice pacing, too. About the comic book: haven't read it. Don't care. Last but not least, the look: beautiful movie; not too heavy handed with the CGI; well integrated at that; nice camera work; interesting angles; colorful as all Hell (pun intended); fairly light on screwy camera and cutting tricks. Really, really pretty film. If you like____, you might like this one: The Prophecy; Dark City; Army of Darkness; Bladerunner; Gattaca; Night Watch (though much better, overall); Dogma; movies that take liberties with religious themes, and generally original movies in the sci-fi and fantasy genres.
4. Great cast, always entertaining... - I love movies, So I might be a little bias. But this one doesn't have a lot of holes in it. I cared about each character and everything made sense. There were three awesome parts and three good pieces of dialogue which makes this a movie that is good enough to watch.
5. Terrible adaptation…but fun nonetheless - If you're a fan of the Hellblazer comics John Constantine is the star of, then I'm afraid to say that this film is not an accurate adaptation at all. Virtually the only thing the film version of Constantine shares with the comic version is that he's a chain-smoker named John Constantine. Keanu Reeves' version of Constantine is an American, dark-haired demon hunter living in Los Angeles (the original was a blond, British magus in London). There is far too much emphasis on the Catholic doctrine, including the notion that all suicides go to Hell. When I first saw this movie, I hated it. But over time, I've actually come to enjoy it. Yes, it's clear they gave up on even pretending like they were trying to make a faithful adaptation of the comics. But the movie is still good. The visuals are incredible, the supporting cast is top-notch, the action is fun, and even Keanu himself doesn't do half-bad in the role. If you're a fan of the comics and you can manage to turn off that voice inside your head telling you how Constantine should be portrayed, this is a very enjoyable movie. Just keep telling yourself that this isn't an adaptation, it's just a coincidence that he shares a name with everyone's favorite British magus.
6. awful compared to the comic - The Garth Ennis run of Hellblazer was one of the greatest achievments in comic books and this was a shamefully poor adaptation. Constantine is the coolest comic character ever and Keanu has zero personality. A cross shaped gun? what the..! Even the climax was lame compared to the comic, which ruled. Dont bother watching this dud and go read Garth Ennis' "Hellblazer" run and get ready to laugh, be afraid, awed, and cheer for John Constantine.
7. Love IT!! - This movie is phenomenal! I have seen it at least times. Mainly for Keanu....mmmmm... Sorry lol. Great characters excellent script. Very well written. Love this movie. If u don't like religious movies then do your research on a movie BEFORE you watch it to avoid nagging about it later.. More movies please, Keanu!!!
8. Not bad - I admitedly haven't read the graphic novel, but the movie is fairly well done. There were some parts that left a lot to the imagination, and the excessive use of f-bombs (by "angelic beings" and people trying to get into heaven) wasn't exactly to my taste. Good watch if you're bored though.
9. Constantine - I can recall the movie trailer's hook:"Heaven won't take him. Hell wants him. Earth needs him. Constantine." Then Keanu very cooly says,"Go to Hell". I thought that maybe this movie would be silly but its actually pretty good. Interesting story and characters. The cinematography anf look to the film is excellent. I wouldn't advise letting your grandma watch this but if you like a mystery,action-thiller with some gore than this is your movie.
10. solid entertainment - i missed thsi when it was out. i rented it one night when i was craving some visually thrilling decently acted and ploted gothic sci-f (as opposed to military sci-fi). it's not a great film, but it's good and it's nice looking and some of the acting is really alright. it's one of those films that seem sike a mini godsend when you can't figure out what you want to see and impulsively grab something off the shelf. i have a mensa iq.
Release date: 2022-04-22 Genre:Action & Adventure $12.99
1. AWESOME - This was genuinely one of the best movies I saw all year. I’m a huge Pedro Pascal fan and Nicolas’s Cage is amazing. The seen where they go into the city and get high on lsd (or something) is beautiful and I have never seen such an amazing potral of Hollywood on drugs. / you have to watch this move at some point.
2. Nasty and Unbearable - Could have been a decent movie had they not taken it down so far into the gutter of awful language and acts. I could stand a few F bombs but in every scene to include by the the teenager too? And is it really cool to say Jesus effin Christ??? When you probably don’t even know or believe in him? You never hear a nasty slur like that using Mohamed in it - how come, if it is so cool and righteous for these Hollywood Hoodlums? Oh I forgot they too busy shaking hands with foreign powerful Oligarchs that care nothing about the USA to give a crap about Christianity.
3. Good premise terrible execution - They sunk too deep into the premise. If you take out the whole CIA story line and just have Nick Cage rediscovering himself through this fanboy millionaire then you have a fantastic movie. But all of that was lost in the CIA story line and the constant “WINK WINK GET IT”-ness that you were constantly bombarded with makes of a very bad movie.
4. This is a good movie, slow at times, but pretty funny... - Remember that this is a spoof and not to be taken seriously. This is a four star movie, but the ending just made me laugh way too hard...the Demi Moore camio at the end was PERFECT...LOL
Just don't try and make sense out of everything, and you'll enjoy it....the part where they took acid was just plain dumb and almost made me stop the movie, but im glad i got through it...extremely entertaining!
5. A Fun and Entertaining Film! - This movie really is everything I thought it would be from the previews. And that’s a good thing! I love how Cage just completely embraces the internet meme caricature of himself and just runs with it! And the on screen chemistry between Cage and Pascal is excellent! Honestly the only thing the movie left me wanting more of is the zany buddy moments. Both Cage and Pascal knock it out of the park.
6. This is the Nicolas Cage you remember - I can say that bad or good, I have watched all of Nicolas Cage's movies at least once, and the iconic ones, hundreds of times. This makes a top three Nicolas Cage movie list for me personally. Brilliant story line, fantastic acting, a simple must see for anyone (even those young folks that don't know who he is)! Brilliant!
Release date: 2023-01-13 Genre:Action & Adventure $19.99
1. Bad acting, not a “normal” butler movie - wait til it’s free, believe me! - I wish I waited for it to be streaming somewhere. The video was like home made movie style. The acting was sub-par. Meaning it was pretty stinkin bad…. The “native” guy with the curly hair who was supposed to be the boss, didn’t look or act like a boss, it was comical. I love when he hid behind the plane when his whole crew got shot, not so tough. Who writes this stuff!? The heavy breathing or deep breaths all the time are not my favorite acting style, seemed so fake. I’m so disappointed that I didn’t wait until this was free!!
2. Got money to burn? - The movie wasn’t that bad as far as unbelievable action flicks go. There were plenty of bad ideas that worked their way into the plot. Some of the acting was terrible too. Overall I’ll give it three stars because there are plenty of idiots out there that really enjoy it.
Oh, and $.? Really???
3. Stop Auto-Playing Video in the Guide! - This app is more cumbersome to use than the old app. There is no setting/configuration to turn off the auto playing of video every time I tap a channel in the guide. Most times I do not want to watch a channel, I want to see what is playing across many channels, so I use the guide on my iPad, yet the auto play video keeps popping up at the bottom of the screeen. I liked the old guide interface much, much better, where you could click on a channel, see more info about it, and then decide if you want to play the channel on your device OR tune to it via your Verizon media box.
4. Gerard made up for Copshop with this one - The last Gerard Butler movie I cared to watch was Copshop and walked out of it. I have enjoyed most all of his other movies until that one which has me worried he was slipping down the Bruce Willis movie hole of death. Besides all of whichI have stated above, Plane was pretty darn good and I saw a lot of teary eyed women around me. This time they were not tears of pain like from Copshop but rather real emotions. This is entertainment to distract us from the daily onslaught of our post-COVID, new communist government. Despite my personal interjections above, it is my recommendation that you watch this movie. It was really good!
5. Decent Action Movie - I watched this movie and it wasn’t that bad. I’m planning to add this to my movie collection. The only complaint is that there’s no subtitles for the bandits. Though they’re speaking my native language I’m not fluent in it haha. But this movie kinda needs more attention. But we all have our opinions. (Edit: My mistake there are subtitles.)
6. $.? C’mon man! - Enjoyed the flick, and would like to add it to my collection, but … $.? WhatchootalkinaboutWillis?! Save that price for films that at least double their budgets in the first month! I can’t imagine too many will buy at this price. Let me know when it’s priced correctly ($., maybe $. tops). I’ll check back PS: And @$. rental??
7. Really Enjoyed Solid Action - It’s not gonna win any awards, but this movie was a solid action film. Colter and Butler are great and I wish they would have had more screen time together. But, overall this is was enjoyable. As a fan of action movies, you can tell that Butler and the producers and writers worked hard to make a good action movie, and they succeeded. The biggest issue I had with the movie was very simply that it could have been more about Colter to make it a bit better. A few more scenes with Colter to really make this more of a co-starring movie could have added a bit more depth to an interesting character. On the other-hand, I think the aspect of rooting for the pilot to get home to his daughter was fine as well. There is a great fight scene that looks gritty and exhausting, and it doesn’t make the pilot into a ridiculous super hero. There were just a few things that seemed unnecessary that were added in to fill time. Also, the extras include a full min. Clip that has the cast only talking about working with action “legend” Butler and seemed a bit over the top.
Release date: 2008-07-15 Genre:Action & Adventure $3.99
1. You've seen it before - Boring and rather turgid heist film that as others have noted will all seem very familiar to you - it's poorly done and only the presence of Statham makes it watchable at all. People interested in the actual events would be advised to do some research, as a great deal of liberties were taken in writing this "based on true" events caper.
2. It's "Small Time Crooks" with a few adjustments! - I love Jason Statham films and this is a funny movie. But it's so interesting that no one makes or seems to care about the similarity between this and Woody Allen's film "Small Time Crooks." When I saw this I was like, Woody Allen already did this back in . Don't know if Small Time Crooks was also based on the same real life scenario but the premises of both movies are the same; A group of bumbling amateurs get a notion to rob a bank??? (Check)
They're plan is to tunnel into the vault!!! And that drilling scene is just as much of a laugh riot as it is in STC (Check & check again)
Here's the kicker:
They buy a business TWO DOORS TO THE RIGHT OF THE BANK they're planning to rob!!!! (THAT's the most unbelievable part Same as in STC) Is this supposed to be a remake? Check out Small Time Crooks and see for yourself. When that last rotten tomato reviewer says "..it cant even rip-off it's predecessor with any panache," he's more on the money than he knows.
3. AMAZING!!!!!! - Wow... Like others have said, this is not your typical Jason Statham movie. But he does play his character very well and I was quite impressed... I am. Big fan of Jason statham and have probably seen every movie ever created with him in it! AMAZING movie... Definitely a must see:))))))))
4. Cant write a movie like this, since its based on a true events. - Its an awesome movie! Starts slows. Typical problems that typical characters have in movies like this. There are little thugs and big thugs and everything in between. Then it gets interesting. It turns into a go for broke heist movie . but then you find out its more … and then it gets really interesting…
5. GREAT! but rent? - gosh- why cant the movies be rented?! I odnt go to the movie store and expect to have to shuffle through the movies making my decision on what I want to watch by whether I can rent it or not. please iTunes. can you make all you're movies rentable? then maybe I'd spend alot more money?!
6. The Bank Job - A superb movie. Based on a true story about a raid on a Lloyds Bank in Baker Street, London in the s. Well researched, and beautifully directed. The plot revolves around Michael X (hanged for murder later) and some compromising photographs of Princess Margaret he had locked in his safety deposit box. Demonstrates the acting skills of Jason Latham, and the divine Saffron Burrows - who unfortunately for us guys is gay - however, perfectly cast and intelligently written. Excellent
7. Nudity?? What? Awesome movie!! - Frankly, those posts about excessive and gratuitous nudity are way over rated. There is not as much as you'd think by the posts given. That being said, this movie is intelligent, funny, and not your typical Jason Stathom movie, which is a delight in my opinion. Regardless of the fact that previous movies have done this story, this parcel is a winner.
8. Can't Rent It - Is it just me, or can anybody else not rent this movie? I clicked on it under "New to Rent" category, but when iTunes brings the movie's info page up, there's only the option to buy it. There's enough positive reviews for this flick to make me want to check it out, but not so much that I'll buy it before watching it first. Hey Apple, if you put a title under "New to Rent" then it's probably a good idea to make it rentable!
9. Great Movie by a Great Cast - I am a hardcore action fan and Jason Statham is one of the best action heroes in recent film history, but movies such as Chaos and The Bank Job help to prove that he is even better than that. This movie is terrific, it has a moderate amount of risque material, but all of it is essential to the plot. This movie is a great buy and is incredibly rewatchable.
10. Not so great - I went and watched this in theaters and if didnt intrest me. There wans't much action and when there was it wasnt all that great. I thought that a movie called The Bank Job would be jam packed with action but i was sadly mistaken. This is a movie that makes you want to get a refund. Although i found it great if you needed something to put you to sleep.
11. Interesting Date Night Movie - This was a decent movie to get you talking about all those things that they found in that bank vault. It did a good job at keeping your attention throughout the whole movie. This was a different kind a of movie for Jason Statham - less action, but still a bit of his sarcasm.
Release date: 2023-01-20 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Loved This Movie, Saw It With My Mom In Theaters - Last month, I saw “Missing” with my mom in theaters. We both loved the movie because of how good it was & how Junebug refused to stop looking for her mother. The moral of this story was especially good because the lesson that rebellious children should learn before it’s too late is that they should appreciate their parents for what they sacrifice for them, especially when they don’t know if either their mother or father was abusive towards the other. It made me appreciate that I still have my parents to love me no matter what. In short, I love “Missing”.
2. An amazing movie that was unexpectedly good - I didn’t know what to expect for this love and thought it was just another “missing” movie but, it was so much more with unexpected twists and turn that kept you on the edge of the seat. If you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favor preorder it. It’s well worth the price and a great thriller.
Release date: 2023-03-17 Genre:Thriller $12.99
1. A wonderful nod to stormchasing - You can absolutely tell that this movie was made with so much care and devotion for the world of stormchasing. Firstly, the cinematography is breathtaking. The shot of the chasers driving out of the canyon and into the vista of a mushroomed supercell is truly awe inspiring. To anyone familiar with stormchasing, you’ll probably know of Pecos Hank, and some of his footage is actually in this film. So give him (and the filmmakers) some support and watch this - even if for his footage alone. Also major kudos that very little CGI was used to make this film (or they hid it VERY well). Secondly, the wonderful nods to the movie Twister are poignant and put a smile on my face. From the subtle nods in the music to Bill Paxton showing up in a very small but unique way. Thirdly, to those hating on Baldwin being cast in the film: the filming for Supercell took place before Baldwin’s Rust incident. Imagine being the director/writer of Supercell, pouring your heart and soul into your film, and an incident occurs (after your filming) on another movie set - do you just scrap your entire film? Because Baldwin (and others) were negligent on a film set doesn’t mean I’m going to stop watching Hunt For Red October. Likewise, it won’t stop me from enjoying a film that is clearly a love letter to storm chasing. All that being said, the film isn’t perfect: I don’t think the story about the tornado finding device was totally fleshed out - I think more explanation regarding the device would’ve helped. To me, it doesn’t have enough energetic hook moments; take the ‘Humans Being’ scene from Twister: it is iconic (for the music and cinematography) and really puts you into the tornado chase. But this film kinda lacks one of those moments. BUT what it does have is sweeping/epic cinematography that was sorely lacking from the movie Twister. So maybe it was a conscious choice by the director to keep the film less of an action film and more about the beauty of the storm (which he captures perfectly). If you’re going into this expecting a high-budget explosive-action Avatar-level production film you’re going to be disappointed. However, if you watch this film because you love stormchasing, have a love for Spielberg films, and enjoy beautiful cinematography, you’re going to like this film.
2. Terrible! Don’t waste your $$ - Worst weather movie ever! I think there were about scenes of excitement. The main character talked maybe for sentences the entire movie and I had no idea of what the main plot or climax of the movie was. I’ve read better childrens books. The only real clear point was that the main character was sad about his dad and they kept playing really dramatic music every time for this. Instead of Supercell, the real title should be ‘sad about my dad’. Complete waste of time and money.
3. Worst Movie Ever!! - Man, you know they lost revenue on this. What was their budget?? I’m guessing just shy of $. This movie gave even the worst B-Rated movie ever filmed a bad rap. No wonder there are lawsuits against Alec Baldwin. If you’re gonna let the guy get away with murder, at the very least, ban him from directing or producing another film.
Release date: 2023-02-03 Genre:Thriller $19.99
1. Both sides need to tap the breaks - Just read the book (I usually do before a movie) and thought it was ok. The movie? It’s ok. It’s not his best by any stretch. Hey liberals, stop claiming every bad reviewer to be a homophobe. Hey conservative, yes woke turns stuff to crap, but just appearance of a Same sex couple shouldn’t make you hate the movie. This country and its people can disagree and live together It’s what the word tolerance actually means. Stop pushing your gender dysphoria crap down our throats and everyone take a chill pill All that to say It was ok m Night could do better
2. Woke trash, per the usual… - Sigh… more woke garbage. When will movie makers finally realize that making movies for ONLY minorities, in this case homosexuals, will lose them money? Aside from the blatant virtue signaling, the movie itself was horrible and boring. Don’t take my word for it, see for yourself at your own detriment.
3. Loved every minute!! - What I’ve learned watching M. Night movies are that no two are the same. That’s what makes each one unique and amazing in its own right. Each detail was relevant to the story. If you didn’t get that and were waiting for a twist, you weren’t paying attention. The movie was suspenseful and original and I enjoyed it very much. I bought it so I’ll go back and watch to see what I might have missed. Excellent movie!!
4. His movies get boring after the first minutes - Boring after the introduction of the premise. It turns into a play. Filmed mostly in one room. He needs to look at the source material and decide “can I keep the attention of the audience longer than minutes?” Dave Batista is good in this. Other than his performance, nothing to see here.
5. Bad ratings due to homophobia - This was a great movie. It’s jumps right into it, no plot twist…which is a change…since it makes you expect a plot twist. Acting on all counts was superb. It’s not scary, rather very suspenseful. The reason why it has such bad ratings are due to the homophobic reviews (many of which I assume didn’t even watch it). Yes, two men have a daughter. No kissing. No sex. Nothing. Yet the reviews would have you think people were clutching their pearls and barf bags. It’s a shame….At the same time, I smile at the torment these people must be facing as the world moves forward to evolve into inclusivity.
6. Republican nightmare - The very fact that the ignorant right hate this movie means that is has to be good. And guess what……..IT IS BRILLIANT. Great acting a plot with not too much to even think about. But the trump lover in the theater had smoke coming out his ears??? Was it anger? confusion? Probably both. They will never get it. They are the death of culture. The death of democracy. The death of the planet in the end….if the words Fascist or ignorant have ever been used to describe you or the ideology you follow, you will hate this.
7. An adventure not worth watching. - do not waste your time on this movie. the story Plot is lame. The bad guys aRe cheesy. It just wOuld have been better if some things were changed in the movie. Part Of the problem is that the the creators of movies like this are aiming for a particular Genre thAt is just out of touch with reality. Nearly all movies like this enD up failing miserably At in the box office and online.
8. It’s good! - I thought it was good! I think it could have used a bit more explanation on what’s going on, and I found the book ending to be a little better (although very bleak). But the acting is good and cinematography is great, so I think it’s one of M. Night’s better films. Just ignore the ignorant comments, which I knew this movie would get because there’s a same-sex couple. Pretty unfortunate but expected.
9. This movie was a total let down - I really REALLY wanted to like this movie based on the trailer. As the movie progressed something just felt off and it started to feel pointless. Held on thinking it WILL get better. The ending made the movie completely pointless. Then I found out the movie was a book and that it ends completely differently in the book. Movie would have been so much better if it followed the book.
10. Delivers - What I loved most about this movie is its intentional delivery and pacing. With a runtime of hr minutes, M. Night does not waste screen time or use unnecessary ploys to provoke emotion. You as a viewer are thrown almost immediately into center stage with our protagonists, creating an effect of being as taken off guard as they are. Super solid chemistry and performances from Jonathan Groff and Ben Aldridge. I cannot begin to express how nice it is to see gay men be heroic and multifaceted on screen. They were believable, conflicted, protective, and strong and you love to see it. Great, convincing performances from our ensemble as well. Walking out of the theater I had a hard time placing the genre of this movie but I do tend to enjoy that. Is worry/anxiety a genre? That’s what this is. Some of the themes become a little heavy handed in moments but overall, I believe what I wanted from this movie was delivered.
11. Disappointing movie - First of all let me say I absolutely love all of M Knights movies except the last airbender.
I was super excited to watch this movie and was absolutely ok to pay $ for it.
But, there was nothing mind bending or twisting at all. It was straight forward trough with no big “wow” moments at all. I kept waiting and waiting for a big twist at the end. Nothing. I was very disappointed. And that comes from someone that counts Lady in the Water as one of her top movies. The acting was decent but unfortunately I will always see Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley so that took away a little bit as well.
Release date: 2017-10-20 Genre:Action & Adventure $7.99
1. -Stars - I consider myself to be a bit of a cinemaphile and I wholly place this film in top tier categories. It’s an incredible story! The scenes, the emotions, light hearted moments, grief, joy, you really feel it all. And it comes together so well. Totally worth a watch and definitely worth a buy.
2. Honor to All Firefighters - Extremely tragic event that negatively impacted many lives. Prayers to the families and friends of the fallen heroes. As a former firefighter for USFS and CDF, memories of many fires raging like living beasts flooded my mind as I watched this film. I was lucky to have never been placed in such a situation as a standard ground crew member (not a hotshot). The hotshot crews are hands down the best of the best, and I give respect to them all.
3. True to the Tale - Watched the real life events unfold here in Arizona and this movie brought it all back. This movie is inspired off of Brendan McDonough’s book and real life testament of the events that lead up to and took place on June , . Overall, this movie held true to the story and its characters. The emotion is unreal in this movie. I cried all the way through the last minutes.
4. The best ever. - Such a great movie! I can’t emphasize that enough. This movie truly captivates the culture of firefighters in America. Past attempts on films involving firefighter culture were a failure. Have seen this movie times now and just as good as the first time. My father and I watched this together and he loved it also. Thanks!
5. A movie about bonding created by danger - I never write movie reviews, but as a retired military member I had to write about this one. It seemed so familiar, the time away from family, the antics between your group, the danger always present made aware by the constant training reminding you that your life could be gone before you want it to be, but someone has to do the job, and that someone includes you. This movie never feels made up for entertainment purposes, it seems like you are constantly relating with the group, even when they are at home dealing with family issues. This movie honors firefighters in a way that runs deeper than / even though the respect is the same. I watched this movie three times now, each time having to gather myself together at the end. Many experiences by military, police, EMT's, firefighters and others are hard enough to get through alive, then you have memories that are both haunting yet prideful, but it doesn't feel like pride, more like survival. You will retire with a black hole that needs to be filled, or you will die during the journey. I felt like driving to that Juniper tree and paying my respects. This is a truly well put together movie that will leave you emotionally attached to these hero's that you never knew, but have a world of respect for, whether you have experienced this type of life threatening work or not. I truly recommend you see this movie.
6. Just okay - I don’t see why this movie is getting such great reviews. Maybe my hopes were way too high. I think it would’ve been better if it had better dialog and better actors. Miles Teller is great and, of course, Jeff Bridges is great, but Jennifer Connelly couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag. She needs to quit sauntering around like she’s years old and has a sexy body. She’s pretty, but not sexy in any way. Josh Brolin is just plain annoying always. I dont know how he’s related to James, who’s awesome. I was % bored most of the time.
7. ONLY THE BRAVE - IT WAS GOOD MOVIE I THINK IT SHOULD BE SHOWN IN EVER RHEAB IN USA , I RECENTLY HAD A OPERATION AFTER BEING OFF OPIATES FOR / yrs and now having a hard time getting of them , i didnt want operation but doc pushed opiates on me after i told him who i was ,, i am so sick of hollywood alt left globalist propaganda movies but this was a excellent movie stars RIP INDIAN JOHN T MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT TECUCHMCE PLZZ
8. Slow plot and too long - The concept for this film was good, but it just carry me along. Too many subplots that had little point except to attempt to develop characters, but in the end I didn’t find any of them compelling. I had to just turn the film off after about hour and minutes. Just couldn’t take anymore.
9. Moving - Because if my ties to Arizona I really wanted to see this. It was done very well and tastefully. It doesn’t go in to all the aftermath issues which is ok. I hope people gain a better understanding of this dangerous job and how all the development of housing into the woods have caused even more risk. And how the men that put their lives at risk need to have benefits and their families cared for should the worst happen.
Release date: 2015-10-02 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $14.99
1. Not as good as the book - While this was enjoyable I was disappointed that so much detail from the book had to be left out. Part of the intrigue of the story is the manner in which Mark thinks through and explains how he is going to survive on Mars. I do not find him as sympathetic a character in the film as he was in the book.
2. How many ways can you say boring? - This was without a doubt the most boring movie I ever saw. Unless you just love Matt Damon skip this one. It is an exercise in mind blowing slowness and lack of anything happening. The whole movie could have been filmed in half an hour. How it was up for an Oscar is beyond me, but this movie was a great disappointment.
3. Crappy movie based on a great book... - The book was great, so I had high hopes for the movie. No such luck. First, Matt Damon can't act to save his life. He just can't. Nothing about Damon suggests that he could ever be an astronaut, and he does a poor job with the role. As other reviews have noted, the pace of this movie is also terrible. It's too slow! Finally, given Damon's clear hatred of the military, he has NO right portraying an astronaut. Don't waste your time & money on this movie. Having said that, I would readily fly to Mars just to leave Matt Damon on the surface. Maybe then, he’d stop making crappy movies.