In Ruben Östlund’s wickedly funny Palme d’Or winner, social hierarchy is turned upside down, revealing the tawdry relationship between power and beauty. Celebrity model couple, Carl and Yaya, are invited on a luxury cruise for the uber-rich, helmed by an unhinged boat captain. What first appeared instagrammable ends catastrophically, leaving the survivors stranded on a desert island.
Release date: 2022-10-07 $14.99
1. What is this? - This is listed as a comedy. Didn’t laugh once. Not even a smirk. I understand now why they put “Sadness” in the title. Because that’s how I’m feeling about this movie. More like depressed. Tell me why it’s nominated for an Oscar. Standards have dropped dramatically for Oscars. Tell me what I’m missing.
Thu, 26 Jan 2023 20:56:31 GMT
2. Triangle of sadness - Whoever said this was the funniest movie he had ever watched must have been on a powerful drug. Terrible movie.
Not funny. Hate the way it ends because the director doesn’t know to end so it leaves you wondering for seconds.
Then you have an hour wondering why you spent $ on this stupid movie.
Fri, 20 Jan 2023 11:43:19 GMT
3. Spectacular - Yes, it’s not for everyone, but this film has a lot to say. The theme of the triangle works on a variety of levels. For starters, you have this “triangle of sadness”, referring to the facial composure of a male model; you begin to see that the director/screenwriter is hinting at the triangle of social hierarchy. It’s essential viewing whether it’s comfortable or not.
Thu, 05 Jan 2023 05:28:58 GMT
4. Ironic masterpiece - I simply don’t get the bad reviews as this film is much smarter and more ironic than % of films out there. A very funny criticism of the percents, social media and the fashion industry among man topics, this film is very sharp, funny and dark. And obviously many ppl don’t get it.
Sun, 01 Jan 2023 18:23:17 GMT
5. Not everyone’s cup of tea - It isn’t really the advertised “takedown” it is supposed to be. While it has moments of laugh out loud absurdity and classism. It takes so long to get to the entertaining portion. For example: there is roughly a argument over a dinner check that lasts over minutes. That could have been shortened as it isn’t the last time the subject is revisited in the film. It is a film that is definitely for those used to sitting through the slowest of Woody Allen films and can tolerate the dry humor of Wes Anderson. While I loved the film for what it is my girlfriend was not pleased at how slow this film unfolded. Also, that Woody Harrelson is not in the film very long. This director’s other film “Force Majeure” was remade into the US film, “Downhill” (produced by the original director) staring Will Ferrell and Julia Louis-Dreyfus most likely to make it more appealing to US audiences. Maybe the same should happen with this film as sitting through what felt like a real argument in real-time could really have been shortened for time as the only discomfort watching two people argue over the check for that long is should I pause this to go pee or try to wait until the end of the film.
Sat, 17 Dec 2022 05:21:54 GMT
6. Refund please. - I absolutely love dark comedy’s, but found this one to lack in the funny category. The acting was great the story was blah. I really don’t see the appeal. It could easily be to minutes shorter and you get the same story, but you make it to the end with no payoff. Save your money for a sale.
Fri, 16 Dec 2022 02:58:24 GMT
7. Best Comedy in Years! - This is most of the most entertaining and funny movies made in recent memory. It’s immensely smart and on point with today’s culture of wealth, influencers, and gender roles. This movie needed to be made and it succeeded in producing some of the most awkward comedic scenes in movie history.
Sun, 27 Nov 2022 00:48:32 GMT
Academy Award® winners George Clooney and Julia Roberts team up as exes who find themselves on a shared mission: to stop their lovestruck daughter from making the same mistake they once made. Ticket to Paradise is a romantic comedy about the sweet surprise of second chances.
Release date: 2022-10-21 Genre:Romance $9.99
1. Loved it! - I got exactly what I was looking for in this movie: a light-hearted entertaining movie with a little romance. Sure, aspects of the story weren’t perfect, but Julia and Clooney have enough chemistry and acting chops to pull off the entire thing, so I thoroughly enjoyed it (and the beautiful scenery). Recommend this!
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 03:15:41 GMT
2. I had such high hopes.. - I love the actors.. but the story itself has been done over and over again but normally more watchable than this one… if you are looking for hrs of arguing, you did this wrong, I’m right you’re wrong… then this is the movie for you. don’t even get me started about that cringe worthy ending…
Thu, 05 Jan 2023 14:52:23 GMT
3. Glad I watched for free on peacock - I hoped this was going to be more entertaining. I’ve always enjoyed Julia’s movies. This, however, so slap stick comedy, I actually thought, “just shoot me” until the story quickened. The scenery was beautiful. Makes me want to vacation in Bali. The food, if true to life, looked amazing. Nice attempt, but, not buying it as a great movie I hoped for.
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 17:58:09 GMT
4. Sorry to say…..worst movie ever. - I spent money on this and I am completely disappointed. Disappointed on the time I wasted, watching this. I was looking forward to this movie. Now I am left with regret. I expected it to be a great and a profound funny movie. Definitely pass on this movie and save your money.
Tue, 27 Dec 2022 14:49:34 GMT
From Damien Chazelle, BABYLON is an original epic set in 1920s Los Angeles led by Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie and Diego Calva, with an ensemble cast including Jovan Adepo, Li Jun Li and Jean Smart. A tale of outsized ambition and outrageous excess, it traces the rise and fall of multiple characters during an era of unbridled decadence and depravity in early Hollywood.
Release date: 2022-12-23 Genre:Drama $24.99
1. Awful etc etc etc - Gatsby movie wanna be but worse. Looks like some friends nominate this AWFUL tv movie for dummies, obviously new generation of hollow heads. Not a real acting nor real interesting not worthy at all. Save yourself time and money and look for old Hollywood movies with famous actors.
Fri, 03 Feb 2023 00:51:25 GMT
2. A mess, but with a possible "cult classic" future - Damien Chazelle has delivered a film that's both a "love and hate letter" to cinema and its early history of how the industry shifted from silents to talkies, against extermely uncomfortable and hard-to-watch debauchery. However, many have said it could be re-evaluated in the future as a misunderstood masterpiece, so we'll see where it goes from here. On the positive side, Justin Hurwitz raises the roof with his score. Prepare for "Voodoo Mama" to be played a lot as a hot dance party track.
Tue, 31 Jan 2023 21:49:19 GMT
3. As that one comment said, y’all will be sorry in years - This movie is not only about the ’s era of silent films and the transition to speakeasies but also takes us into the real mind of Damien Chazelle, if you liked La la land/whiplash and don’t like this movie then you’re simply not a fan of Damien.
Thu, 26 Jan 2023 18:45:26 GMT
4. Boring exhausted flimsy film - I saw this because I enjoyed Whiplash so what could go wrong? Turns out that BAB is a BORE, a dull juvenile romp for LA-Hollywood insiders only. Zero character development and cliché storylines. A better film celebrating cinema is Sam Mendes Empire of Light . It’s the glorious cure to this bloated DOA snooze fest. Do better Hollywood. More Empire of Light please!!!
Wed, 11 Jan 2023 05:33:34 GMT
5. Instant classic - Critics have never been as out of touch than now. This is moviemaking at its best, breathtaking cinematography, fantastic direction and editing, great original music and great acting. I do think that the second half is not as solid as the first half, but then again I enjoyed it more on my second viewing which means that it will continue to age well. Superb.
Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:47:07 GMT
6. Might be better then Avatar - I just have a couple things to say about this masterpiece of a film. This film is better then Avatar . I rather spend hrs watching Babylon then Avatar. Don’t get me wrong Avatar is a good movie just not a personal favorite. Just because this movie is hrs long doesn’t mean it’s a bad movie. From start to finish I enjoyed it. This movie didn’t feel like a slow movie like avatar my. Everyone in the cast did a incredible job. The only thing that really bothered me was that Tobey Maguire needed more screen time and more advertisement in the film because all I can hear when he appeared was “look it’s Spider-Man!” Like yeah we know we saw the trailer. That’s really my only complaint about the film. I would really love a sequel on how Hollywood made it from back and white to how it is now. Just a suggestion.
Tue, 10 Jan 2023 05:51:19 GMT
7. you’ll all be sorry in years - The only word u can describe this movie is epic. Not only is it epic but it is an epic itself. The masterful directing, quick pacing that makes hours fly by, jaw dropping performances, and hypnotic cinematography is only half of why this movie is amazing. The message behind the entire film is really well delivered and if you really truly love cinema as an art form, Babylon will become your next bible.
Sun, 08 Jan 2023 04:04:32 GMT
Margot and Tyler (Anya Taylor-Joy and Nicholas Hoult), a young couple, travel to an elite, remote, coastal island in order to dine at an exclusive restaurant where a mysterious chef (Ralph Fiennes) has prepared a lavish, expensive menu. But it soon becomes clear that the pretentious, pampered dinner guests are about to be served some shocking surprises. Consumerism takes on a hilariously scary meaning in this dark comedy that features Hong Chau, Janet McTeer, Judith Light and John Leguizamo in a...
Release date: 2022-11-18 Genre:Horror $9.99
1. Should have been called Cult of the Chef. - Movie made little sense as to why everyone in the movie was such a devoted follower of the chef. Good acting but stupid story and a wasted opportunity since almost zero back story is given throughout the movie. Reason I would have titled it Cult of the Chef is because cults make no sense yet still get crazy followers just like this story. Stars for good acting.
Sun, 05 Feb 2023 23:59:52 GMT
2. BURRP PFFFFT MMM.. U.S. PRIME! - Homemade, all organic farm to fork! Gives devilish sharp commentary on the preppings and goings-on in a metaphorical world-class kitchen of the highfalutin, quite literally. Those that gobbling up, hoarding all the fixins, might pause to take note.. best tip well the server, best compliment often the chef, best shut up else Ye be on the menu. DIG IN! ENJOY!! TASTE THE OUTRAGE!!!
Wed, 01 Feb 2023 03:54:40 GMT
3. Excellent film - Superb film. The suspense is incredible. The timing is perfect and the acting is phenomenal. Especially Ralph Fiennes. Nobody plays unstable like him. Very entertaining movie. And good performances all around. This is by far the best film I have seen this year except for don’t worry darling. Both films are being ignored by the Oscar’s. Please
Tue, 31 Jan 2023 21:43:15 GMT
4. Willy Wonka and Clue Meets Hells Kitchen - I bought this movie from Amazon and watched it tonight and it was surprisingly very good. The plot is horror Willy Wonka and Clue in an isolated restaurant where several wealthy people who all were invited to a lavish meal prepared by a mad chef who is sadistic and somewhat jealous of these people because of their status and his belief that they have failed and exploited him in his career. The entire movie was filled with suspense from start to finish and kept me on the edge! The violence is not too graphic (except for a scene when one of the cooks kills himself) but there’s a lot of cussing so be prepared if you don’t like bad language. I would definitely watch it again!
Fri, 27 Jan 2023 22:41:58 GMT
5. Seems like an Angry Display of? - Have movies become public (populist) outrage for everything someone feels justified to be angry about? It seems so. If you not an angry person about your situation, then skip it. They (producers/directors) are relying on your anger for their support...stupid! Uplift me please. Let's have fun -give me that! Can we stop celebrating our anger?
Fri, 27 Jan 2023 04:17:20 GMT
6. Poor movie - What a ridiculous, stupid movie. I'm sorry, but it's devoid of suspense, humor, wit, and anything to beg for mercy. The script and plot are full of holes and implausible twists. It's sad that good actors like Fiennes give themselves to it. Above all, it remains a mystery what director Mark Mylod actually wanted to tell us ... BUT: Anya Taylor-Joy impresses with her aura and acting presence. However, she or her manager should have chosen better films in which to star. Careers can quickly be hampered by such bad decisions.
Wed, 25 Jan 2023 14:42:24 GMT
7. Great movie - not for everyone - This is a fantastic movie with a lot of minute details which require you to really pay attention throughout the entire film (especially the interactions between the “guests”. The movie is definitely not for everyone, there’s a lot of layers to peel back and I can understand why the reviews here on iTunes vary so much
Wed, 25 Jan 2023 04:48:25 GMT
8. Bummer folks are not open to understanding the movie - Maybe a spoiler so will say spoiler alert. Seeing lots of folks that are staring this movie over the ending or the courses that are dished out. This movie is about classism. Somebody is getting back at those that do not consider how their position in society impacts others that aren’t of the same class (generally speaking about most of the guests). I have seen this movie on repeat and don’t believe this is a waste of a watch.
Wed, 25 Jan 2023 01:02:52 GMT
Bound in human flesh, inked in blood-and amazingly hard to pronounce-the ancient "Necronomicon" (Book of the Dead) unleashes unspeakable evil upon mankind in director Sam Raimi's (Spider-Man) outrageously hilarious sword-and-sorcery epic. Back to do battle with the hideous "Deadites," Bruce Campbell reprises his role from the Evil Dead series as Ash, the handsome, shotgun-toting, chainsaw-armed department store clerk from S-Mart's housewares division. Demonic forces time warp him-and his '73 Old...
Release date: 1993-01-01 Genre:Action & Adventure $4.99
1. So many times... - The effects are lousy, the acting is cheesy, the accents are inconsistent and the plot is horrible. With Bruce Campbell staring in this, it's still one of the greatest films of all time. I've seen this movie so many times that I actually wore out store bought VHS tapes of this movie. This movie defines the term cult classic.
Sun, 15 Mar 2015 18:43:43 GMT
2. Looks like you're in charge of two things right now... - Army of Darkness is one of the greatest movies ever made. Some of the best one liners in the history of cinema. Observe: "This...is my BOOMSTICK!" (After he gets his new metal hand)..."Groovy" "Well hello Mr. Fancy Pants...looks like you're in charge of two things right now...jack and s&$@...and jack left town." And the list goes on. I've been watching this since I was , and it never gets old. Introducing people to this fine piece of B-movie cinema never gets old. Bruce Campbell cemented his legacy. Watch it. You won't be disappointed.
Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:11:52 GMT
3. More humor, more silliness... - Harry Potter - got nothin' on this guy - a time traveling slayer of zombies! Lots of good quotes, plenty of dark humor. The best of the three movies (Evil Dead, Evil Dead , and Army of Darkness). It's not often the third movie in a series outdoes the first two combined, but Army of Darkness outshines them all. What happens when an average Joe gets sent to the past with nothing more than his wits, a chainsaw, and a shotgun to battle zombie hordes ? The answer is here! A good rental movie for Halloween, beats the hell out of the great pumpkin - literally!
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:13:19 GMT
4. Bruce Campbell - Real title is Bruce Campbell vs The Army of Darkness. I can not tell you how many times I have heard people quote lines from this movie and haven't even seen it! This is my BOOM STICK came from somewhere, this movie. If you want to really get to the roots of some 's and even current humor you have to watch this. Completely different from the other two movies in the series, this is a masterwork of humor that will stand the test of time forever. Now where is my sword boy?
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 04:36:18 GMT
5. One of the coolest movies ever - No matter how bad or good I feel, this movie always keeps me going and thinking, how they pull off this movie. Traveling through time fighting the dead. This is a hilarious movie. The ending credits music is kind of nice too. This is one of those films that it doen't matter how bad the movie is, people still like it. Yes I like this movie, even with the cheap looking Special effects,sometimes the actors make the movie possible. More Action movies baby. Hey I wanted to buy Transformers and other bunch of movies itunes don't want to sell, this people in Itunes think I will live for ever. Perhaps one day one day I will come back from the dead to buy the movies I want to buy. Good luck everyone and enjoy the movies you can't buy. Where you expecting me to thanks itunes, maybe someday I will. And now more movies.
Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:04:19 GMT
6. Originality Goes a Long Way - My girlfriend said it's too much a guy's movie and while it's nothing short of comical horror, I guess I might agree. This guy kicks as as he is the 'chosen one' sent to deliver the Necronomicon. Full of dark, imaginitive humor and a good degree of action, it's not to be taken seriously or you might miss the point.
Thu, 07 Oct 2010 23:20:02 GMT
7. This.....is my BOOMSTICK! - Bruce Campbell..............is AWESOME! I mean, he's like the Chuck Norris of horror icons! He can kick any monster's a__! The film is a sequel to the first Evil Deads [the second one was better than the first] that follow's Ash's mishaps in Mideval times. Bruce Campbell really does have some good one liners. "Give me some sugar, baby." "Well hello, Mr. Fancy Pants. You ain't leading but two things right now....Jack and s___! And Jack left town!" "Groovy" "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." "Hail to the King, Baby!" My favorite moment of this film was when he took after the deadite in the S-Mart with a 's Winchester with a loop lever [hmm....why do I get a feeling that's a Rifleman reference?]. Sure there are some silly things in this film ["Klatuu Barada Niktu" being used in this.....even though Gort isn't around to hear it], but other than that this movie is awesome! Is there any wonder why Dynamite Press did a comic series after that. If you want a fun action/horror film, then I suggest you check it out, it's groovy.
Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:41:51 GMT
8. best cult classic EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I love this movie so much! when I first saw it I thought best movie ever. I is funny, action packed and sometimes scary (not really) let me tell you if you want an awesome movie definatly buy this film. no question. BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:28:50 GMT
Get ready for a gut-busting, bone-mashing good time in the hilarious horror comedy, Shaun of the Dead. There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch… and kill some zombies. When flesh-eating zombies are on the hunt for a bite to eat, it's up to slacker Shaun (Simon Pegg) and his best pal (Nick Frost) to save their friends and family from becoming the next entrée. Satisfy your bloodthirsty appetite with the movie that masters of horror and film critics alike are haili...
Release date: 2004-09-24 $4.99
1. My Favorite Movie of All Time!!! - Shaun of the Dead is my Favorite comedy of all time because it not just about Zombies it's a romantic comedy that involves around zombies. All of the scenes with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were funny and smart. Even the movie super haillrious with lots of reference from other horror gems this one is my favorite movies of all.
Thu, 19 Mar 2020 02:23:50 GMT
2. Absolutely Brilliant. - Shaun of the Dead may be my favorite zombie film/comedy of all time. Because, this film just oozes with clever dialogue and fast paced editing/cinematography that drives the tone of film. I could watch this movie over and over and still find something new. I'd buy this one ASAP.
Sun, 27 Dec 2015 20:35:31 GMT
3. Simon Pegg - Nick Frost Classic - Watched last night for the first time when I booked the Cornetto Trilogy….all three actually (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End). I'm not much of a zombie or horror movie fan, but this series is phenomenal. Great story, likable characters, good variety of humor, action and just plain fun. I cannot recommend this movie enough. I wish I had watched it sooner. The subsequent movies as I mentioned are also just as good. The World's End is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Darncool and darn funny :D
Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:59:38 GMT
4. A Classic - This movie has built a reputation in the movie industry for being one of of the comedy classics of this generation. It is simply hilarious, its comedy is spot on and it is mixed with a healthy amount of action and horror. In the end the movie is all about Simon Pegg's fantastic humor and the way he contrasts with his best friend. It is simply the funniest action movie I know.
Mon, 14 May 2012 14:47:23 GMT
5. Waste of money and time - I was extremely disappointed at this movie. All the reviews by critics and customers gave it good reviews when it was not even worth watching. It was the worst zombie movie I have ever seen. I honestly wish I could have my ten dollars back. If you're looking for a good zombie movie, this one is definately not it. Probably in my bottom worst movie list ever.
Mon, 07 May 2012 05:39:23 GMT
When an interdimensional rupture threatens to unravel reality, the fate of the world is suddenly in the hands of a most unlikely hero: Evelyn (Michelle Yeoh), an overwhelmed immigrant mother. As bizarre and bewildering dangers emerge from the many possible universes, she must learn to channel her newfound powers and fight to save her home, her family, and herself, in this big-hearted and hilarious adventure through the multiverse.
Release date: 2022-04-08 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $19.99
1. Rental Manipulation - The movie was great. Saw it in theaters a few times last spring…very unique! I’m leaving the two star rating for iTunes and their rental manipulation. This movie came out almost a year ago, early last year, , and has already been available digitally to purchase and rent on here for months…but somehow it’s now magically only available to purchase, and stating a November rental release date What in the world? They are trying to pull one over on customers and make extra bucks because of the Oscar noms. Don’t fall for that if you don’t wanna purchase the movie. You most likely won’t be waiting until November to be able rent this movie AGAIN…more like mid March
Thu, 02 Feb 2023 20:53:14 GMT
2. Intense - This movie was amazing. One of the best I’ve ever seen if not the best. I found myself questioning everything about my worldview, revising how I interact with myself, my family, and my friends. It’s funny. It’s devastating. It’s a force to be reckoned with. I only wish I could see it again for the first time.
Tue, 31 Jan 2023 12:35:39 GMT
3. Beautiful - Everything Everywhere All At Once. I’m a grown man and I cried through almost the whole movie. Maybe a little because their sad little struggling existence in the beginning looks a lot like one I’ve lived. A lot because the movie has so much authentic emotion and that it breaks and fills up your heart. A lot because it’s so imaginative and joyous that it had a profound effect on me that I would just get so overwhelmed watching it I’d tear up. It’s so original and on top of it so many Asian faces. It means so much that there’s so much Asian culture and experience in such a big movie, but that Asian-ness is no more consequential than if they were Irish. It’s a part of who they are, but it’s not all they are. It makes us all the more connected despite our differences. But the last thing is the idea that we all have so much potential. So many possibilities. And maybe we always have, possibilities. Shortround, all these years later is BACK. In real life. So that message rings true. And he is wonderful in the movie by the way. After all this time he found his potential again. Everyone does personal best work in this film, especially Michelle Yeoh. One of the great film performances. Ever. The effects and editing weren’t more of the same thing we’ve seen and gotten spoiled by seeing often. All that production and detail instead applied to sights we’ve never seen in places you’d least expect it. It might not have the same effect and affect on everyone, but I thought it was just beautiful. There’s so much humor and originality and unbridled imagination and the ability to take ideas, that like the multiverse has been done many times, but make them feel fresh and new. We’re lucky if we have people to walk through the world with, and even at our worst we can remember there’s still something to love in us all. How beautiful is that?
Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:22:12 GMT
4. Great Movie ! - This movie is about inner life fighting, life problems, kids, family and more. People who rate this movie star are just not smart enough to understand the meaning of the movie. Go watch Matrix that has no meaning and just pure sci fi action. This movie has a deep meaning in all the scenes of the movie. To better understand it, you have to watch it all the way to the end.
Sat, 28 Jan 2023 10:44:16 GMT
5. Edit everything out except the fight scenes - It’s about and a half hours loooong. I love John Wick movies and if you think it’s similar. Then don’t watch this movie. If you just watch the first minutes and the last minutes of the movie. You just saved yourself hours on doing something more productive. Your Welcome!
Fri, 27 Jan 2023 18:59:50 GMT
6. Could not wait to see - But, once I got the chance to watch I could not believe what all the great reviews were about. I even had to read some of the reviews to try to understand why so many people loved this movie. I was understandably happy to see that I was not alone with my opinion. And, lastly certainly has and had a vast amount of really boring movies in the Oscar race. I just hope proves to be better.
Wed, 25 Jan 2023 12:49:23 GMT
7. The normies can't wrap their heads around this masterpiece - This movie is overwhelming and dazzling, sure; it is everything BUT confusing. To say that you're lost or bored when watching this movie means that you didn't even give it a chance to understand the story. EEAO had me laughing and sobbing and leaving the theater ruminating on the meaning of life. It is an excellent purchase for rewatching the smorgasbord of details and visual gags, or to soak in Ke Huy Quan's masterful monologue.
Sat, 21 Jan 2023 16:01:15 GMT
8. Ok….. - Well, I finally saw this. Was ok but had some issues with it. First of all it’s way way way way too long! They could have easily cut out - minutes! No kidding. It just went on and on and on. I was sitting wondering “when is this ever going to end?!” Because of this it felt self indulgent. Also, I didn’t get what the story was for a long time since they show all these crazy things going on that don’t really mean much. It was very gratuitous. Much of it. I can’t believe this film made $ million! Like WHAT?!!!! Does the general movie going public care any more about trying to see a good solid story?!
Wed, 18 Jan 2023 16:21:37 GMT
You loved him in Shrek, now see where the one-and-only swashbuckling feline found his fame– and a very big pair of boots– in this hilariously funny film. Lover, fighter and outlaw Puss In Boots (Antonio Banderas) is on the adventure of his nine lives as he teams up with Kitty Softpaws (Salma Hayek) and Humpty Dumpty (Zack Galifianakis) for the ultimate showdown with the notorious Jack and Jill.
Release date: 2011-10-28 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. Love This Movie, Watched It On & Off Since I Was Years Old - Like this movie’s originals & recently released sequel from earlier last year, I love how “Puss In Boots ” is as hilariously verbally savage because you can’t really with Puss In Boots, Humpty Dumpty, or any of the other protagonist & antagonist characters of the entire “Shrek” franchise. Though anyone else would try to make you believe otherwise, don’t listen to the doubters because they’re wrong, but me & those who agree with me are right. In short, I love “Puss In Boots ”.
Mon, 30 Jan 2023 19:33:19 GMT
2. My favorite movie - My brother thinks this movie is for little kids, but it’s not. He complains about everything and I mean everything. He says that Puss In Boots is mean and that humpty dumpty should get more credit. Don’t listen to his opinion listen to mine: It’s a very funny movie and I think it’s especially funny that jill tells jack that a pig looks just like him. Puss in boots was my favorite character from shrek and I can’t wait for the second puss in boots movie to come out. Such a cute movie Sincerely, Just some random girl
Edit p.s. my favorite movie ever! I learned toughness from this movie
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:29:55 GMT
3. Fear Him! If you dare... - I. Love. Puss In Boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Antonio Banderas, you bring so much heart, charm, and humor to the character of Puss! Salma Hayek, you were wonderful as Kitty SoftPaws! Zach Galifianakis, you brought so much humor to your character as always! Counting on a sequel! , years old, still a classic! Love, your biggest fan!
Tue, 16 Mar 2021 06:17:23 GMT
Jack Malik was just another struggling songwriter...but that was yesterday. After a mysterious blackout, Jack (Himesh Patel) discovers he is the only person on earth who remembers The Beatles! As he rockets to fame by passing off the Fab Four's songs as his own, Jack risks losing Ellie (Lily James) – the one person who has loved him and believed in him from the start. Before the door to his old life closes forever, Jack must decide if all he needs is love, after all. Kate McKinnon and Ed Sheer...
Release date: 2019-06-28 Genre:Romance $4.99
1. c;lever & imaginative - The bad reviews on here must come from Negative Nancys because this movie is fun, cute, with well- developed characters and those timeless songs from the Fab Four. Don't expect a biopic of the Beatles ala Rocketman or Bohemian Rhapsody. this is a lighthearted unique, tale. Definitely a movie that I'll watch over & over and I just bought it for $. on iTunes! Cheers, mates, all you need is Love!!
Wed, 10 Feb 2021 15:17:11 GMT
2. Runined my childhood - When i was in elementary i was in a group with my friends in a audiotrium singing Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles and then i still remember it as a passionless song. Then years later i see Yesterday and it was kinda good and runined my chance to love the beatles but thanks a lot Danny Boyle.
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 22:58:35 GMT
3. Sheeran? ironic to place a blasé overrated paid musician - in this movie who has been sued on a number of occasions for copyright infringement. Plus who is a polar opposite of the great songwriting of The Beetles. Not to mention, a horrible actor. The movie is cute, starting with promise and ending in disappointment. You will be left hungry if craving for an artistic endeavor, though perhaps left with a grin if in the mood for an unauthentic romantic unrequited love story that ends with a cuddle. Hearing the music of The Beatles covered is, “generally” a good thing - the renditions here are charming for a ok movie.
Sun, 23 Feb 2020 08:41:16 GMT
4. A must NOT see... - 'Yesterday' is a must NOT see for Beatles fans. Luckily I saw this turkey (for free ) on a flight and turned it off midway. I couldn't stand the trivializtion of what made the Beatles memorable -catchy songs, chemistry, harmonies, excitement, and clever ground breaking arrangements. In 'Yesterday' we see a narcisistic singer/songwriter eeking out a Beatles song that wouldn't cause attention in your local coffee shop - but instead we experience an audiance reaction that is perplexing - an almost delusional, unwarranted adulation. Not well done.
Tue, 31 Dec 2019 14:58:31 GMT
5. Fell asleep half way through - I remember seeing the trailer for this and being really exited. In the beginning it was really good, but then in the middle it really dragged for me and I fell asleep (idk if I was really tired or the movie was really boring, probably both) I think you should watch the movie but it’s not something I want to watch again. I think it is a really great concept but it was just portrayed poorly.
Wed, 25 Dec 2019 17:59:05 GMT
6. Adorable, heartwarming, great story - A great story and, though a total must-see for Beatles fans, this movie drives a lesson that nothing beats creating your own art and being proud of a life you’ve built authentically. Nothing, not the even the best music ever written, beats artistic integrity and being true to your message. A well done homage to the greatest band on earth and all the many lessons contained in the Beatles catalogue. Loved this so much.
Sat, 30 Nov 2019 03:36:26 GMT
7. Heartfelt rom com and a great tribute to the Beatles - The premise sees the Universe sending Jack Malick, a struggling musician, a message about getting hung up on the wrong things in his life. His favorite bands, bad habits, drinks, all disappear from Earth leaving him with a world where he is given a chance to gain some perspective. Yet in a world that no longer knows who The Beatles are, Jack takes it as an opportunity to continue to indulge himself by passing on their songs as his own. The movie takes him through a journey where he realizes that the things that he chased thinking they would make him happy are, in fact, only distancing himself from the world around him. Some nice parallels are drawn here that work very well due to the great Richard Curtis. The cast is as charming as one would expect in a Curtis written film. Himesh Patel does an outstanding job in his first feature role , striking a nice balance of being kind, oblivious lonely, yet hopeful. Lily James is at her best here and i can't wait to see her in future projects. Really there isn’t an actor here who doesn’t add to the movie’s beauty. Kate McKinnon is unbelievable here as a ambitious and ruthless manager and foil character who will do anything to make sure Jack takes her to her next level of success. I don’t get around to watching many movies anymore but after catching this on a flight recently , I had to see it again (but winded up watching it three times in a week). I suspect this will be another cult classic for Richard Curtis since Love Actually
Sun, 10 Nov 2019 18:54:40 GMT
8. Boring. - The most boring summer movie of . Nothing happens, the entire film. You don’t learn anything about the main lead, and the supposed “comedic” bits aren’t even funny. They’re awkward. It felt like you needed someone with a sign that said “Haha” just to point out they’re funny. TL;DR: Don’t waste your time with this movie.
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 03:57:34 GMT
Do you ever have deja vu? Didn't you just ask me that? Bill Murray is at his wry, wisecracking best in this riotous romantic comedy about a weatherman caught in a personal time warp on the worst day of his life. Teamed with a relentlessly cheerful producer (Andie MacDowell) and a smart-aleck cameraman (Chris Elliott), TV weatherman Phil Connors (Bill Murray) is sent to Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, to cover the annual Groundhog Day festivities. But on his way out of town, Phil is caught in a giant...
Release date: 1993-02-12 $7.99
1. A JPC Recomindation - Groundhog Day is my favorite film for telling the story of every aspect of life. You feel like it's the same thing every day. You know you've felt this way before. You wake up, go to school, see some friends. You head home, usual same old day. It gets boring and you turn miserable. Depending on how you treat this day is what will matter. You can make a joke out of it, kill some people if you want but it will all lead to some vanity or another. You make a decision to change what this day is. The movie itself is also enjoyable entertainment, with the very sarcastic Bill Murray to make you laugh with his best deadpan snark ever. I give it a JPC recommendation.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 05:12:22 GMT
2. Brief Review - Admittedly, when I first watched this movie I did not get it. Seemed to be stuck in a repetitive cycle (which is true), with little meaning. When I watched it the second time, I truly got the message. This movie makes you think about how we all live life and how we can choose to make the same day anything from a horrible burden on ourselves to a wonderful work of art. Truly a classic.
Sat, 02 Feb 2013 21:49:36 GMT
3. Wow - What an amazing film. I usually can't stand Bill Murray but I thought his performance was great. This movie takes you by surprise. The writing is superb and the characters unforgettable. If you're tired of watching films that fail to deliver, then this one's for you. Love live Bill Murray and Harold Ramis!
Mon, 08 Oct 2012 16:25:30 GMT
4. Why no HD version? Why no anniversary edition? Move is great!!! - Why no HD version? And not just for AppleTV. I want that for iTunes.
Why no anniversary edition? Move is great!!! This is my FAVORITE movie of all time. Five stars isn't high enough. If I was stranded (take your pick of where) and I could pick one movie to be stranded with, it would be this movie with no close second. I love how this movie is funny but is also morbid (his character commits suicide is basically every way he could think of - only a couple are shown). He then learns that life is worth living if you don't think of just yourself but how to be helpful to other people.
Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:57:23 GMT
Kirk (Jay Baruchel, "Knocked Up," "Tropic Thunder"), an average Joe, can't believe his luck. Though he's stuck in a seemingly dead-end job as an airport security agent, against all odds, Molly (Alice Eve), a successful and outrageously gorgeous babe falls for him. Kirk is stunned. So are his friends, his family and even his ex-girlfriend. Now he has to figure out how to make the relationship work, even though he's the first to admit, "She's Out of My League."
Release date: 2010-03-12 $4.99
1. All Nerds Fantasy - This movie is the wet dream of every nerd. And it is nice to watch it as a fantasy. But the writers insistence to portray it as real ruins it. Also, it is just dangerous to show TSA employees as warm and fun people. They are not, and they have absolutely no sense of humor, as any one who tried to joke with them at airports will testify.
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:45:59 GMT
2. Beautiful, funny and Brilliant! - This movie has everything. You'll definitely find yourself laughing and also crying or at least very sad throughout the movie. A must watch! Lots of lessons can be learnt too, like love can overcome all obstacles!! Brilliant movie, it became so dear to my heart from the first time I saw it!! There're some epic jokes that will make you laugh even when you're walking in the street!! Big thanks to all the actors and actresses (Especially Jay Baruchel and Alice Eve) and to the Director and the scriptwriter of the movie for creating such a great movie! I hate when critics give a low rating to good movie like this. They just don't know what people think or feel! This movie is one of the most awesome and sweet movies I’ve ever seen.
Sun, 18 Dec 2011 13:19:29 GMT
3. definately. - The first time I saw it, it wasn't my favorite! But after renting it,I could nottt stop watching it! It was soo hilarious, and when you really pay attention, every little thing said should be making you laugh pretty darn hard! I completely reccommend renting it! and i would like to buy it tooo!! when will that be available?
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 01:30:48 GMT
4. Watched it over and over again! - This is probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. We watched it with some friends one weekend and it became a favorite right away. You will laugh out loud when you watch it. We watched it another times that weekend and it became all we could talk about. The one liners are the best.
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 23:46:32 GMT
5. Oooo weee, what's up with that - So, I just finished watching the movie. It's better than the critics indicated right up until the painful ending. The horrible evil dwarf girlfriend shtick, from the plane on, was a total wash and the happy ending make-up... Some of the crappiest drivel I've heard in a long time. And then the most heinous music played with the end credits. It boils down to this; Enjoy the movie but don't expect to enjoy the ending.
Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:21:45 GMT
6. What the hell? (like most) - This was a great movie but I have to agree with what mist ppl are saying. Apple is not really letting us buy movies anymore and they're policy is starting to make me worried about me not buying any movies from Apple because most of them are not available for purchase. Apple needs to let us buy movies again and not just put them for rent only. I was going to buy a movie but it said RENT which kinda freaked me out cause at first I thought the movie was selling for $ but then I saw rent right next to it. I took a look around until I read some reviews. People are getting very frustrated with Apple now I know I started to get frustrated when I read those because Apple is the best company I know of for electronics, just don't mess with songs and I won't break my iPod. To Apple and people that are upset with Apple.
Thu, 09 Sep 2010 03:17:01 GMT
Acclaimed writer and director Rian Johnson (Brick, Looper, Star Wars: The Last Jedi) pays tribute to mystery mastermind Agatha Christie in KNIVES OUT, a fresh, modern-day murder mystery where everyone is a suspect. When renowned crime novelist Harlan Thrombey (Christopher Plummer) is found dead at his estate just after his 85th birthday, the inquisitive and debonair Detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) is mysteriously enlisted to investigate. From Harlan’s dysfunctional family to his devoted...
Release date: 2019-11-27 Genre:Thriller $14.99
1. Knives Out - A good laugh out loud flick with some interesting twists. There’ll be a few people who’ll complain about a particular political/policy issue, but I think they missed just how “privileged “ some people just believe they have or are. Craig’s southern accent inside of his UK accent is rather unique, and how his character steps in and the interactions afterwards just build on up.
Fri, 09 Dec 2022 01:54:25 GMT
2. One special request - I love Knives Out!! I’ve watched it so many times now. I do have one special request if you can do it. Can you put Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery and future Knives Out movies on iTunes? So that way, those who can’t get Netflix and other streaming platforms can get them here and watch them anytime they want to. I hope you can make this happen. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!
Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:05:59 GMT
3. Two words, Be. AMAZED - I LOVE THIS FILM. This is my favorite Halloween film. Direct me not watching it if you are under (even though I'm ), but It is a true comical mystery movie! I love the part when they find out who the inheritance belongs too, the whole argument was hilarious.
I hope other people enjoyed it as much as I did.
Sat, 25 Jun 2022 18:23:25 GMT
4. Blown Away - I watched this movie in the theatre going in with no expectations and the movie blew me away! The plot is amazing, there are so many twists, grade A actors doing Grade A acting, and amazing writing. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and laughing until your stomach hurts! / would recommend.
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:06:44 GMT
5. Overrated - I thought it was decent. Worth a watch, and it certainly held my attention for longer than most movies. Most of the actors were excellent, including the young woman as the main character. Cinematography and locations were great. Script was pretty good, and I enjoyed the score. But when it ended, I felt like it was TLJ all over again- contrived ways to throw the viewer off the real plot, exaggerated elements that are too convenient just to make story pieces fit together in ridiculous ways, and my god that accent by Craig was hard to hear. Also if you caught the reference to Seen (whether intentional or not), so did I, and I didn’t think highly of it lol.
Thu, 06 Aug 2020 18:47:25 GMT
6. Mediocre at best. - First time I saw this film and I didn’t like it. Second time around, it was better than I remembered. The humor falls a little bit flat but in a way it’s still funny. Big reveal was underwhelming but surprising at the same time. Daniel Craig and Chris Evans were excellent. It’s a slow mover for a whodunnit. I’ve seen better from this genre of movies but if you’re a whodunnit fan, it can’t hurt to watch it. Didn’t really live up to what the critics and audience said. A /.
Thu, 23 Jul 2020 16:10:57 GMT
7. THE MOST PERFECT MOVIE - Wow just wow. This movie is fun and constantly has you on your feet and wondering what’s going to happen next. It’s never predictable either which makes it even more enjoyable. Time after time watching this movie, I gain more respect for the filmmakers and writers who incorporated many hints and foreshadowing throughout the writing and set. Not to mention the acting which was top notch, the movie is filled with legends, I mean Captain America?? HELLO! Chris Evans is one of my favorite actors and he makes this movie even more amazing than it already is. And his sweater- just amazing. Shout out to Rian Johnson for an amazing job on this movie. If you need a movie to watch no matter what you are in the mood for, watch this movie it has it all!
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 02:33:32 GMT
8. Meh...Too easy to figure out! - Went into this movies with high hopes of liking it. But, geez, I easily figured out the perpetrator within the first minutes. Not what I like in a whodunnit movie. Yes, the actors were all good in their parts, so I did enjoy that, as well as the plot. The movie’s underlying message was pretty clear. All in all, a pretty good movie, but I’ve seen better in this genre.
Sat, 06 Jun 2020 21:37:44 GMT
The town con and the town beauty team up to outwit a half-wit pair of would-be burglars in this hilarious comedy from John Hughes. Frank Whaley stars as Jim Dodge, a smooth-talking small-town guy with a knack for putting up a front -but no talent for holding down a job. But Jim's life suddenly takes a turn for the fantastic when he finds himself locked inside the local department store one night with Josie McClellan (Jennifer Connelly), the daughter of the town's wealthiest citizen. And when thi...
Release date: 1991-03-29 $4.99
1. FINALLY!! - This is one of my fave movies of the early s! After being in The Labyrinth, I had the biggest crush on Jennifer Connelly. And seeing this movie at age sealed my fate on brunettes forever! Now, because of her, I'm happily with a Portuguese girl that has Miss Connelly's beautiful smile & skin, the daring eyes(& color) of Eva Green, the sexy accent & hair color of Italian actress Monica Bellucci & curly hair of Andie MacDowell! All beautiful women, rolled into one! Thank you, Jesus!
Sat, 19 Mar 2016 17:03:50 GMT
Five years, eight months, 12 days...and counting. That’s how long Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock) has been devising the biggest heist of her life. She knows what it’s going to take—a team of the best in their field, starting with her partner-in-crime Lou Miller (Cate Blanchett). Together, they recruit a crew of specialists: jeweler Amita (Mindy Kaling); street con Constance (Awkwafina); expert fence Tammy (Sarah Paulson); hacker Nine Ball (Rihanna); and fashion designer Rose (Helena Bonham C...
Release date: 2018-06-08 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Fun movie! - I really like this movie. It is cheerful & fun. The story is funny, the dialogue is good, the actresses do a great job. Anne Hathaway is surprisingly funny doing almost a parody of herself. Helena Bonham Carter is really good as a nervous (and Irish!) fashion designer whose career is on the skids. It was great to see Awkwafina, too – this was my first time seeing her. I've watched this movie three times now and it just keeps getting better!
Mon, 22 Nov 2021 02:41:27 GMT
2. I’d give it stars - The plot is contrived, unimaginative and you see the end coming from the minute mark. Why does Hollywood continue to reboot franchises with abysmal success? The previous films worked cause they were robing bad guys. This film doesn’t because they’re robbing businesses and museums so you can’t root for the crew also the dialogue was terrible. Don’t waste you time.
Sun, 12 Sep 2021 06:47:35 GMT
3. Grew on me. Now I love it! - When I saw it at the theatre I had high hopes. I walked out underwhelmed. Since then it’s been on TV hundreds of times so I bump into it when channel surfing quite often. I watched bits and pieces and got a good laugh so I decided to watch the whole movie again, and again and...you get the idea. I love this movie! There are so many things you miss the first time. Sandra Bullock saying “shoes in the freezer” in German is worth the price of admission. It’s very funny and features many of my favorite actors. I’m so glad I gave it a second chance.
Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:59:41 GMT
4. Women just do things better!!! - This movie was so amazing. I loved every second of it. It is so exciting to see women represented in the media in such an awesome way. It's messed up that I've had to wait so long to see a movie with this many female leads but boy was it worth the wait. Ocean's is full of fantastic acting, dynamic characters, and fantastic plot. I can't wait to see it again and again. These ladies are my heroes.
Sat, 20 Jun 2020 19:12:22 GMT
5. Better than I Expected - Love, love, love! Ocean's . Ocean's ? Blah! Ocean's ? Ugh! So had low expectations here, which is always a good way to go into a movie because if it ends up being good, it feels very good. Had a problem with some parts of the caper, like WHY do that when you could’ve done it easier, but the post heist made up for it. Logically, it doesn’t stand as well as O, but it’s good enough to make it my nd favorite Ocean's. Of course, it helps that I don’t hate women like some guys.
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 00:18:02 GMT
6. ugh - I can't decide if this sucked BECAUSE they c opied so much of the other Ocean movies' format, or in spite of it. Either way, they managed to create an obvious story full of bland, uninteresting, inexpert copycats who failed to impress in ways they weren't even trying to succeed at. Oh, and just a bonus tip 'o the dunce cap to Rihanna as the least convincing hacker ever! All hail the era of producing remakes SOLELY to populate them with female rather than male leads - it's going SO well...
Tue, 07 May 2019 21:55:25 GMT
7. Loved it! - I only had two disappointments. First, the formula is virtually identical to the first all-male Ocean’s . It was different enough and so well produced that it was not a big deal. Second,I’ve never liked the actress playing the fence / hoarder. Almost anyone would’ve been better, but McKinnon would’ve rocked that roll into orbit. Otherwise, it’s always fun to watch women being their bada$$ selves, and Sandra Bullock as Clooney’s sister was perfect. The whole “are they just friends or ...” subtleties between Bullock and Blanchett was incredibly well done. Hathaway very slightly overplayed Daphne at the end, making the movie a smidgen less satisfying for me. The movie got panned so bad there probably won’t be a followup, but if there is, getting a new fence, and somehow roping Julia Roberts into the action would be phenom.
Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:30:46 GMT
8. Poorly written and mediocre acting - I won’t say much about this movie as I don’t want to waste too much time of mine or yours reading this review. This is a quick cash grab and nothing more, no real script with any interesting dialogue, poor plot with poor excuses for motivations of characters, poor directing or maybe lazy acting. I was barely able to finish this movie please do not waste your time or money on this piece of trash.
Thu, 10 Jan 2019 02:23:42 GMT
Elle Woods has it all. She's the president of her sorority, a Hawaiian Tropic girl, Miss June in her campus calendar, and, above all, a natural blonde. She dates the cutest fraternity boy on campus and wants nothing more than to be Mrs. Warner Huntington III. But, there's just one thing stopping Warner from popping the question: Elle is too blonde. Growing up across the street form Aaron Spelling might mean something in LA, but nothing to Warner's East-Coast blue blood family. So, when Warner p...
Release date: 2001-07-13 $4.99
1. FABU!!! - This is most definitely one of my all time favorites. This classic is light-hearted and upbeat, yet underneath all the glam, has a great message. I think I've watched this movie at least fifteen times (seriously) and it never gets old. If you haven't seen it yet you need to stop scrolling down the comments, take my advice, and go BUY it right now!! :)
Wed, 05 Jun 2019 19:27:16 GMT
2. My Favorite Feel Good Movie Of All Time - I can't count how many times I've watched Legally Blonde on DVD, Streaming and on TV. This is my ultimate feel good movie of all time. I can watch this movie repeatedly even on a -hr flight :). Yes, it sounds tragic but this movie truly makes me feel better especially when I'm down.
Mon, 30 Jul 2018 07:01:06 GMT
3. This is why.... - A comedy filled with redeeming outcomes and comebacks. Although it is meant to be a silly comedy, Elle is genuinely nice, honest and good-hearted, that even if you despise "blondes", you love Elle. She makes all your feelings seem normal, she is proud to stick out (not ashamed) she doesnt give up, no matter how many people (incuding her parents) refuse to take her seriously, she holds her ground/perserveres, she defends the nerds, the underdogs, blows the minds off the Harvard intellectuals, she takes down the sexist pigs, and soars to the top. So you watch it more than once because you want to be her freind, you want those characteristics in yourself, and you want a happy, just ending. I really liked this movie despite the fact that I cant stand make-up, dress up, sororities or even the goal of marriage!
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:37:10 GMT
4. Girl Power! - Why would Elle even want him? He's telling her that he can't marry her because she's blond. and then when she gets into law school to get him back, he tells her she's not smart enough to make it. Then in the end he wants her back? Oh my gosh, such a jerk. She was right choose emetet. He liked her for her.
Sun, 05 Feb 2012 17:21:59 GMT
5. This is soooo great!!! - Personally, (i am blond) this is one of my fav movies. It shows how we shouldnt judge people for thier color and in the process makes it funny and entertaining. Buy it! You wont regret it! If your still not sure then rent it but i garentee that you'll fall in luv with the movie!! I did!
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:51:33 GMT
Andie needs to prove she can dump a guy in 10 days. Ben needs to prove he can win a girl in 10 days. Now, the clock is ticking - and the year's most wildly entertaining comedy smash is off and running in this irresistible tale of sex, lies and outrageous romantic fireworks!
Release date: 2004-09-15 $4.99
1. I have a different title for this movie - How to get rid of a guy in day.
Woman acts like a year old. Only allowing her girlfriends to run the man off and never communicating with him. Girlfriends call cops, have man arrested, convince girl to get a restraining order that requires man to stay yards away from girl for minimum year. Badda boom badda bing guy lost.
End of minute movie Hollywood makes millions off sequels.
Wed, 01 Aug 2018 22:07:26 GMT
2. Flirty filled chick flick - Love this chick flick it's so fun
Watching Kate and Matthew in
A girl dreamy movie like this it Just does because every boy Wants to watch something to
Give them an edge to get them
Off their mothers laps and they
Just enjoy the intensity of the Film because they'll really enjoy
A movie that is on every girls lips
And they never know what will hurt
Them when they start crying at each
Scene where Andie and Ben go for
The ghetto parts of this romantic flick
Sun, 24 Nov 2013 05:42:08 GMT
3. Favorite Flirty, Fun Flick! - This movie is filled with so much fun humor. It gives us an even / look into the minds of both single males and females. The movie gives us an unexpected look into the evolvement and development of personal relationships and feelings, all while making us laugh. Along with the hilarious male banter and their brotherhood connection, this film is a perfect date movie! It comes with no surprise that Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson have that hard to find perfect chemistry, in this film just like they do every time they're paired together! I love them both and I definitely recommend watching this film, if you haven't yet! You'll want to run out and buy it. I've seen it multiple times, yet it still continues to hold my attention and make me laugh!
Sat, 07 Jul 2012 11:08:23 GMT
4. should be more than $ - Amazing, amazing, AMAZING movie. You will never get tired of it I guarantee you. At first I was a little apprehensive about buying it because I thought after one time I would get tired of it. But nope, this movie is charming, witty, funny, and don't even get me STARTED on the INCREDIBLE chemistry between Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. I STRONGLY recommend this movie to anyone, it's about worth $ in my opinion. But only 'cause I'm cheap like that :P
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 03:03:25 GMT
5. it's like never been kissed all over again - this movie reminded me of never been kissed as far as the plot goes. the leading lady is a journalist who is being pressured by her boss to write an article, but in order to do so has to break someone she is falling for's heart in the process. i think kate and matthew had a lot of chemistry in this movie; and (although painful to watch at times) kate's girlfriend-zilla character was truly hysterical. what a great movie; worth every penny.
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 02:45:38 GMT
6. Cute Show! - The main idea for the story is that kate huson had to write her boss' article for the woman's magazine called, "How To Lose A Guy In Days" first she finds a guy to date for days, do all the wrong ways in the relationship. next Matthew McConaughey who is the guy she chose for her article, he and his co-workers made a bet to see if he can make a girl fall in love with him within days, first off they went to the club to find someone to date, thats when matt and kate found eachother, they struggle through out days see if they are capable of being together, long before they met, they didnt know their love secret.
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 23:14:30 GMT
7. Total fun but not too crazy!!! - Usually with movies like this, I expect weird, not-normal things to happen. But although this one did have weird incidents sprinkled throughout the movie, and the characters did act in very strange ways, all in good fun, somehow it was believable. Definitely the actors and actresses added a lot to that!! And the love part... sweet! You see it coming, but it's still so good to watch it play out.
Tue, 12 May 2009 01:52:44 GMT
8. I LOVE THS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!! - This movie is so amazing. Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are so funny together. I saw this movie after I saw "Fool's Gold" and think both movies are just hilarious. These are two movies are definately some of my favorites. Comedy has always been my favorite genre in books, movies etc.
Sat, 04 Apr 2009 05:29:25 GMT
New Line’s reimagining of the 1990 cult comedy “House Party.”
Release date: 2023-01-13 $24.99
1. This Is Easily More Lame & Degrading In Comparison To “That’s My Boy” - The jokes & performance in “That’s My Boy” may come off as lame & degrading owing to a case of statutory rape in the beginning that movie, but “House Party” is easily x more lame & degrading than the latter because it makes black people look bad. It’s more mean & crude than “Norbit”, more racist than “White Chicks”, also x more lame & degrading than “Dirty Grandpa”, not to mention it’s more mean-spirited than “Dumb & Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd”. Hopefully no sequels ever get planned for this horrible disaster. In short, I HATE “House Party”.
Fri, 03 Feb 2023 18:45:01 GMT
Return to a time when men were men and swamps were swamps. Fire swamps, that is. Full of quicksand and Rodents of Unusual Size. Lagoons were inhabited by shrieking eels. And the most beautiful woman in the world was named…Buttercup? Well, it's a bent fairy tale. Complete with all the fencing, fighting, chases, escapes, and silly accents you'd expect. Plus one of two things only Rob Reiner (director of "Misery", "When Harry Met Sally...") could dream up. Like Inigo Montoya, who has dreamt his ...
Release date: 1987-09-25 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $4.99
1. Great movie! Entrainment for ALL ages! - After seeing this movie when it was originally released on the big screen with my Mom, when I was in my teens (I am not going to tell you how old I am! LOL!) and then going back to watch it AGAIN with my Dad and younger sister. Of course, like the rest of the world it became a family favorite! Since then I have watched it at least fifty times and it’s many enduring lines since the very first viewing have been incorporated into our day to day conversations and “movie trivia” fun throughout our lives since. Anyone who has not seen it should! Anyone who does not like it has no sense of humor or is probably someone who should be avoided. LOL! Anyone who loves it is probably pretty normal! Now days this would probably be rated G! It’s terrible that so much of the TV and movies available are not worth watching IMO. We just found the “Blood Treasure” TV series and WE LOVE IT! It’s like The Princess Bride, National Treasure, Uncharted, Goonies, etc. all rolled into one! Without any blood guts magic or actual sex, though it is sexy. Wish there were more like it and The Princess Bride, National Treasure, Uncharted, Goonies, etc.
Tue, 18 Oct 2022 19:47:20 GMT
2. An absolute classic - What an amazing and comedic tale of friendship, adventure, danger and love. The main story line may follow the romance between Westley and Buttercup, but you also see how people can change as they establish their personalities. One of my favourite movies and would / recommend to others.
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 20:48:37 GMT
3. AMAZING - This movie was assigned as homework over winter break because my English teacher was shocked that most of my class had not seen this movie. I had seen it before, but forgot most of the details and wanted to seen it again. The one part I remembered SPOILER ALERT!!! Was the line “stop your rhyming and I mean it!” “Anybody wanna peanut?” Anyway, after I saw it again, I realized, this is pretty appropriate language wise, but PG with ALL THIS BLOOD??? Still, it is a great movie and I recommend watching it.
Sat, 05 Jan 2019 02:30:41 GMT
4. My mom is crazy about this - My Mom is crazy about the plot and story line of this tale. She forced myself, and my other family members to watch it with her. I hate this movie for reasons terrible graphics cliché story line
repulsive attempts at looking dead (clearly see actor never looked even close to the weapon) Queen Rosel
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 04:01:37 GMT
5. This is one of the greatest movies ever - This movie is great, and fun. I love this movie a lot. I love all of the characters in it. Buttercup is one of my favorite characters ever. She is really pretty to and I like how she stands up for herself. I like Buttercup, and Westly together and it is one of my all time favorite movies ever.
Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:11:51 GMT
6. Love this movie! - (I noticed In the editor's note for this movie it says Diego Montoya but it is actually Inigo Montoya. Diego was Inigo's dad who was killed years earlier so he has been "studying nothing but swordplay ever since" so when he finds the fingered man he will not fail and he will go up to him and say "Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. U killed my father. Prepare to die!") I had never seen it before one of my mom's best friends gave it to me and now it is one of my favorite movies ever! U would think that it would be a chick flick based on just the title alone (William Goldman did write the book for his daughters, one said she wanted him to write about princesses and the other one said she wanted him to write about brides so that's how he came up with the title) but it is MUCH more than a chick flick! There is a little bit of just about everything for every interest in this movie!... Action, drama, comedy, sword fighting, R.O.U.S.s, true love, "kissing parts". All very good and talented actors and actresses in this movie. And it's clean... There is no sex, drugs, alcohol (except for the one scene of Inigo's when he went "back to the beginning". He is sitting against the wall with a bottle of alcohol and appears to be drunk, but it is still very clean and very funny) and no cussing (again... Except for the once when Inigo killed Count Rugen) a very family friendly movie! I say "As u wish" all the time now. And I tell my best friend every night that I will most likely kill her in the morning. There are so many quotable lines in this movie that are fun to say in everyday life. "Inconceivable!" "As u wish" "It's possible pig" "Good night. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill u in the morning." "Mostly dead". I recommend this movie to everyone! Definitely worth it.
Thu, 05 May 2016 10:58:05 GMT
7. INCONCEIVABLE! - This is my all time favorite movie. I have the entire movie memorized! Every line is so amazing and quotable! And don't let the cover/description fool you; it's not just for girls. I know lots of teenage and adult guys that love and quote this movie too! (It's also Ted Cruz's favorite movie...he's even smarter than you realized!) I can watch this movie all the time and never get tired of it. If you haven't seen it, you need to watch it right now.
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 19:52:16 GMT
8. Why Can't I Rent This? - I LOVE this movie. It has been in my Top Favorite Movies since I was . As a result, I wanted to watch it with my long distance boyfriend on Valentine's Day. The plan was to rent it from iTunes and watch it at the same time. However, since I cannot rent it, we will have to stream it instead. I already have a hard copy of this movie, so I don't want to repurchase it. It is a fantastic movie though, and thoroughly recommend it. I just wish I could rent it.
Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:09:43 GMT
Debra Messing (TV's Will & Grace) shines in this hilarious romantic comedy about the surprising road to finding true love. Kat Ellis (Messing) is determined to attend her younger sister's wedding with a date. Rather than face the ridicule of her family and in order to show up her ex-fiance, she resorts to the Yellow Pages to find a last-minute escort, Nick (Dermot Mulroney, My Best Friend's Wedding). His dashing good looks and quick-witted charm may win over her family. But will they win over Ka...
Release date: 2005-02-04 $4.99
1. Rotten Tomatoes is FOS - Sure, this is not a movie based on "one of the great classics of literature", but it is very entertaining and sweet. Debra Messing is great as an insecure woman who hasn't gotten over breaking up with her long ago fiancee and Dermot Mulroney is perfect as the gigolo who falls for his client. I rented it to begin, but I'm buying it to keep!
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 03:34:07 GMT
2. The Wedding Date - This movie is cute and takes place in England which makes it even more entertaining. Dermot Mulroney is HOT! I don't normally like Debra Messing but she was cute in this movie. Love the soundtrack music. Love the bachelorette party scene. Won't win any major awards but it is fun and entertaining.
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:01:49 GMT
3. The Wedding Date - I thought it was a good movie. Very humorous, witty and just light hearted. Dermot does an outstanding job playing the soulful, brooding male escort. Debra did a great job playing a neurotic looking for love. The balance of the cast was pretty great as well. It made me laugh and not think too hard. Sometimes you just want a playful upbeat movie and if you do this is the one. No, it will never win an Oscar but worth a watch or two.
Sat, 10 Dec 2011 07:05:36 GMT
4. Fun romantic comedy - Debra Messing brings some of her Grace character to the idiosynchracies of Kat Ellis and it's fun stuff. She and Dermott Mulroney had some good chemistry. The brash female british cousin is a scene-stealer! I can't remember the actress's name, but she's hilarious with her quick lines and delivery! The soundtrack is also very good stuff.
Sun, 08 Aug 2010 20:08:22 GMT
5. Absolutly Must Must See It!! - Awsome, I'm a very picky movie watcher let alone lover. But when I saw "The Wedding Date" I fell in love right on the spot. I own all the "Will&Grace" series and was deeply sad when it went of the air. If you love Messing as Grace you will fall in love all over as she shines with her comidic timing and physical comedy she soars past expectations as Kat Ellis in "The Wedding Date"
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 21:33:44 GMT
6. Uninteresting - The Wedding Date was consistently predictable, the characters were poorly developed and behave irrationally at times, and many plot points were left unaddressed or unexplained. It lacked any real emotional experience. At worst, this is an uninteresting movie, and at best, mediocre entertainment.
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:36:34 GMT
7. Happy as Larry, how ever happy he is.... - I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I own it and I sadly but gladly happily watch it once a week. YEP I SAID IT... ONCE A WEEK!!! No joke. I love how it can and can't happen and the small truth in it. "All women have the exact love life they want." As a women, I say this is true. Those words were inspired, thanks Yoda, LOL!
Sat, 18 Jul 2009 03:10:49 GMT
8. one of those movies when ideas and pieces put together simply didn't work. - The audio, light and makeup were pretty bad, and I rarely notice these things. The male lead simply doesn't have much to build his character in the story and yet he gets to be "the guy". they could have made this story work, it just didn't.
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:45:33 GMT
Vince Vaughn leads an all-star cast in the laugh-out-loud comedy about eight friends whose vacation in paradise is one they’ll never forget. Their group-rate vacation comes at a price when they discover that participation in the resort's unconventional couples therapy activities is anything but optional. Co-starring Jason Bateman, Jon Favreau, Faizon Love, Kristin Davis, Kristen Bell and Malin Akerman, Couples Retreat is a hilarious party in paradise, loaded with laughter and fun!
Release date: 2009-10-09 $4.99
1. Previously Purchased but Disappeared from iTunes - As the title states: Previously Purchased This Movie but it Disappeared from iTunes. I like the movie, obviously that’s why I purchased it. I’m just pd that Apple decided to remove it from my Library & I would need to purchase again to watch it. …Please don’t start with the hidden purchases it’s not there. Since you can read this review & the movie is available for purchase, this is NOT an issue with the digital rights either… it’s just Apple’s corporate greed.
So, YES I would recommend this movie. It makes me laugh & I love to watch it. What I DON’T recommend is purchasing it through the iTunes Store if you expect to access it for more than a couple years and be able to play it through your AppleTV.
Sun, 13 Jun 2021 11:18:05 GMT
2. Polarizing? Wow! - I'm so incredibly surprised how polarizing this movie apparently is! (Judging by reviews) My wife and I have loved this from first view... It's a household favorite and an instant classic! Love the humor. Maybe some of the bad reviewers had relationship problems and this struck too close to home...
Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:00:30 GMT
3. Not bad - Overall it's not a half bad movie. Sure there are a few "eh" moments, but Vince Vaughn's dialogue is "phenomenal". If your looking for a silly Will Ferrelli-sh movie move on. This is a true Vaughn/Favreau movie and the dialogue really makes it stick. Best line ever "I know my truth". Not bad , not bad at all
Mon, 14 Oct 2013 20:06:02 GMT
4. Pretty Funny - As someone who goes to "inclusive" resorts with my wife, we found this movie to be very funny. It pokes fun at "new age" retreats while reinforces how "fun" the Club Med and Hedonism resorts can be. So many funny scenes here. My favorite is the "Fabio" yoga instructor giving "hands on" instructions to the fat black guy. It split my gut. Ultimately though, the movie is about how the "grass is always greener"….not. Agree with others that this married couples will enjoy it more than single folks (you know, the folks at that "other" resort).
Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:29:05 GMT
5. It was ok - It wasn't hilarious but it had its funny moments. They had a good cast, I have seen all the leads before and the did a good job. The problem was it just didn't have the hilarity to keep my attention. It also didn't have a believable plot. For some of the characters it just wasn't very believable and it made me lose interest quickly. If you want a good movie that is funny but PG- get "Crazy Stupid Love". Wonderful movie great cast really funny and really sweet. Or if you want racier them get "friends with benefits" funny but a little less heart warming but still a great movie. If you want a movie that is just WONDERFUL then get The Help. But this movie just didn't grab my attention, sorry
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 06:18:41 GMT
6. Bored Me to Tears - Here is a comedy that barely musters any laughs. Couple's Retreat is hour showcase of terrible acting, abysmal writing and dead on arrival comedy. This is the film that really made me sick and tired of Vince Vaughn's schtick. He plays the same obnoxious, neurotic, overanalyzing tool that he plays in every movie he is in. Put it together with a script he wrote himself, and you get even more of that schtick. The only characters that i sort of cared for is Jason Bateman and Kristen Bell's characters, they seemed genuine and realistic in an otherwise unrealistic film. Another thing that bothers me is the mixture between Vince Vaughn schtick and dumb Happy Madison style slapstick and raunch. I don't know why, but seeing a fart joke followed by Vince Vaughn explaining his way out of the fart doesn't make me laugh the slightest bit. If you are looking for a film with somewhat of a lesson for married couples, then you may find this film worthwhile, otherwise, its not worth seeing at all.
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:20:14 GMT
7. this is a movie to fall in love with... - This is a perfect movie to just sit back and relax to, which many other movies cannot do. From start to finish your understanding of the characters grow on you. By the end you will remember many good lines and scenes that just blantantly work to get a point across along with a few laughs. Everyone's personality in this movie grows on you and you can really come to love the caracters and the way they make you feel with them on this mesmorizing island.
Wed, 04 Aug 2010 22:02:09 GMT
8. Kinda slow... - I watched the trailor and I thought it would be really good, plus my brother said it was funny, but it really wasn't. I don't think I laughed once. The couples, though they faced realistic issues, at the end when things started working out, it was just random and not believable at all. Not a good movie. Higly disappointing.
Mon, 05 Jul 2010 06:19:10 GMT
The battle of the sexes heats up in Columbia Pictures' comedy The Ugly Truth. Abby Richter (Katherine Heigl) is a romantically challenged morning show producer whose search for Mr. Perfect has left her hopelessly single. She's in for a rude awakening when her bosses team her with Mike Chadway (Gerard Butler), a hardcore TV personality who promises to spill the ugly truth on what makes men and women tick.
Release date: 2009-07-24 $4.99
1. Can't Decide - This movie is a bit crude, no doubt about it. For a "rom-com," it might be one that even a guy could like. The writing isn't great, and Heigl isn't the best actor out there, but she's also not the worse. A bit more development of the male lead character would have gone a long way toward helping this movie hit it's mark. As is, it's mediocre.
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 17:05:08 GMT
2. Definitely movie:) - I know society and morals are different in this day and age, but in my opinion unless you are married or been in a mature long relationship, you can't fully connect to the innuendos of this hilarious movie! Yes there is language, yes there is sex and sexual references but the characters are funny and relatable!! I love watching this with my hubby or my sister when we need a good laugh!!! Great rom-com!!!!:)
Sat, 03 Jan 2015 23:26:37 GMT
3. Not so bad, really. - I get that people are paid to write good reviews for movies. But, could people also get paid to write bad reviews for movies, too? Uh….. sure. I'm neither of those people. I"m a guy. And, I was looking for a comedy and came across this one and I thought I'd give it a try. It turns out, I actually enjoyed the movie. Those writing trash reviews saying the characters are stereotypical… well… I think that's the point. The whole plot of the movie revolves around the stereotypical characters. What may seem like a flaw in a movie, may in fact be the one thing that is important for people to see what a movie is all about, or what drives the movie. But if a person discounts that aspect as being stupid or something, then you probably won't enjoy the movie because you don't understand it. If you understand a movie, sometimes you will see that it's actually pretty good. I think there are a lot of movies that get lot in people's translations of the details. Anyways, the movie was funny. Warm-hearted and overall entertaining and very interesting.
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:20:44 GMT
4. Screw What Critics Say! - I've Been Watching This Movie Everynight For The Past - Weeks And I Still LOVE It! It Was Funny, Romantic, And It Sure Kept Me In Suspence. I Kept Tingling At The Parts Where Mike Looked/ Acted Jealous Of Colin And Abby. No One Should Dare To Bother Reading The Bad Reviews From People Here Because They Can't Appreciate This Movie. It Was Absolutely Fan-Tastic, And Always Will Be.
Mon, 07 May 2012 05:49:19 GMT
5. Here is the truth - Personally. I thought this was a cute movie. Though dumb at times, it makes you smile at the end and talks about the issues SOME people adress. It really made you hope that Katherine and Gerald would get togeether at the end. and the second to last scene(the big revealing one bbut not the ending one) makes you smile. Its a dirty movie but its funny and I would suggest it to anybody who wants to watch a dirty commedy. I am not being paid to right this as that tumbleweed person might say I would be, but I absolutly hate bad movies, and this is not on that list. It also goes with a bit of personal taste though. Hope this helps :)
Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:47:33 GMT
6. Not a bad movie, despite the overdone plot. - If you're looking for a movie with substance, this isn't the movie for you... then again, who in their right mind would buy or rent a romantic comey and expect something original and interesting?
Sure, there's a few creative ideas presented in the genre, but the genre primarily aims for a few cheap laughs and an "Aw" or two.. and that's what I wanted when I sat down to watch this movie. That being said, for a romantic comedy, this movie surprised me! It can be more widely enjoyed, I feel, than most films in it's category. Mike Chadway (Gerard Butler's character) provided the cheap laughs for the men, and when paired with Abby Richter (Katherine Heigl's character), they created "Aw"s and laughter for anyone! The movie is easily predicted, but it's done in a somewhat interesting way! The basis of the plot has been copied numerous times but the way it's executed is... well, cute!. The story, however, breathed a breath of fresh air into the somewhat stale "Opposites Attract" plot. Overall, it's an enjoyable movie! Was it an impressive theatrical movement? No... and the tough Rotten Tomatoes crictics review it like that's expected!
It's not a movie made to impress, as stated before, it's good for a laugh or two and a few "Aw"s.
I enjoyed it, it's what I was in the mood for, just make sure "Romantic Comedy" is your genre..
Sun, 26 Dec 2010 00:01:15 GMT
7. The BEST!!!!! Coming from a guy - Watch it!!!! I don't care if its on itunes, just WATCH IT!!!!
Ladies, if your looking for a chik flik you and your boyfriend will enjoy, get THIS ONE.
Best movie ever. My ultimate favorite. It is VERY bad language and sexual content wise. Not for the goodie goodie people. But other then that, i find this movie HILARIOUS!!! Five stars for sure. Critics never know what theyre talking about. Katherine Heigl is the funniest, and I never thought of Butler as such a notty guy, but props to him he is AMAZING!!! Got to watch I'm telling you!!!
Fri, 08 Oct 2010 09:25:33 GMT
8. The Ugly Truth is the truth!!!! - Love this movie! I have read practically all of the comments made towards this movie and to be honest, the title tells the truth! I honestly think that all of the comments made towards this movie are coming from those who are afraid to admit that they are these two characters! This movie made me laugh and even go "Awwwwwwww!". Yes, it's sexist but it's soo funny that you don't even think about it! Awesome movie! I would recommend it too all of my friends, family, and anyone who is interested in seeing this film!
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:22:20 GMT
Reuben Feffer (Ben Stiller) is a guy who's spent his entire life playing it safe. Polly Prince (Jennifer Aniston) is irresistible as a free-spirit who lives for the thrill of the moment. When these two comically mismatched souls collide, Reuben's world is turned upside down, as he makes an uproarious attempt to change his life from middle-of-the-road to totally-out-there! Along Came Polly is the most hilarious comedy smash to come along in years!
Release date: 2004-01-16 $4.99
1. Incredibly Witty and Hysterical - One of the few Ben Stiller movies I love (Tropic Thunder) being the other one. Philip Seymour Hoffman was brilliant in this movie and I die laughing anytime I watch it with all the stupid, yet incredibly funny scenes throughout the entire move. To end my review, “Rain Dance” "White Chocolate” Respect and remembrances to PSH - he was one of the best actors of my generation and his work will be greatly remembered fro many years to come. A must see for A PSH fan! Play those bagpipes from Crockateers in the sky buddy!
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 06:43:10 GMT
2. Entertainment for the Idiot Culture. - “We are in the process of creating what deserves to be called the idiot culture. Not an idiot sub-culture, which every society has bubbling beneath the surface and which can provide harmless fun; but the culture itself. For the first time, the weird and the stupid and the coarse are becoming our cultural norm, even our cultural ideal.” ― Carl Bernstein
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 03:06:04 GMT
3. Entertaining... a real COMEDY - I am very picky about comedies this one will make you laugh and you will enjoy it until the end! So that people understand what kind of taste I have here are comedies which I find personally also great : The Hangover, Liar-Liar, White Chicks, Just go with it, Tropic Thunder, Meet the Parents, Wedding Crashers etc. So i guarantee you, if you liked one of the movies which I have just mentioned you will like along came polly ;)
Wed, 03 Aug 2011 06:43:16 GMT
4. Great Comedy (one of Stiller's best) - I've seen it a thousand times and I just don't get tired of it.
I enjoy Ben Stiller's comedies very much. Jennifer Aniston is basicly herself (as always). But what gave this movie five stars is Philip Seymour Hoffman and Hank Azaria's characters, they are both amazing actors and very, very funny. You cannot not watch this one... Buy it... It's even better when you've seen it a few times.
Fri, 25 Mar 2011 05:04:39 GMT
5. A long came Polly - Some funny bits in this one. Seymour-Hoffman has some great moments, Azaria is great too, of course. Sometimes a little unrealistic in my taste...especially the bit with the toilet--not a big deal to ask for some toilet paper. A couple times it looked to me as though Aniston was having a hard time taking her lines seriously.
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:00:18 GMT
6. A True Delight - This is an absolutely delightful romantic comedy. Everyone is perfect in their rolls – what wonderful casting. Jennifer Aniston and Ben Stiller have great on-screen chemistry with each other. And there are some nice comic subtleties, like when Polly is serving wine and obliviously pours red wine into people's glasses who are drinking white. Hilarious. Philip Seymour Hoffman makes a great comic sidekick. Hank Azaria is perfect. And it's fun to see Michele Lee, haven't seen her in a while. Bottom line, if you like Jennifer Aniston or Ben Stiller or just enjoy romantic comedies, you won't be disappointed. Fun soundtrack, too. I wish iTunes had it.
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 21:43:35 GMT
7. This movie is soooo Hilarious - I have not rented movies from Itunes as yet, but seeing this movie available I definately will. "I fell outa my coach laughing, pressing replay after replay watching this movie for the first " especially at da Sharted Scene lol wow still crakin up! It's a definate must have. Ben Stiller is the bomb...
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 05:49:17 GMT
8. FINALLY! - HURRAY! I've been checking ever now & then for this movie & a few others on iTunes for over three years, & it's FINALLY available. Great movie that I can enjoy anytime, not feel committed to watch the whole thing or pick up from random spots to the end. EXACTLY what I look for in a movie to have on my iPod. Can't wait for the others to be available!
Sun, 08 Mar 2009 07:27:35 GMT
Arriving at her new college, Beca (Anna Kendrick) finds herself not right for any clique but somehow is muscled into one that she never would have picked on her own: alongside mean girls, sweet girls and weird girls whose only thing in common is how good they sound when they sing together. When Beca leads this a cappella singing group out of their traditional arrangements and perfect harmonies into all-new mash-ups, they fight to climb their way to the top of college music competitions.
Release date: 2012-09-28 $4.99
1. Amazing - I never really wanted to watch it because I always thought it would be one of those movies that are really boring, but boy was I wrong, there is never a dull moment. It has amazing humor and little twists that you won't expect, it also has amazing songs that you'll probably recognize. And if any of you know what "shipping" is (when you want two or more people to date or get together) you have NO idea how bad I ship two of the characters. Over all it's an amazing movie!!!
Sun, 07 May 2017 04:05:14 GMT
2. Wow!!! - Pitch Perfect is the film industry's answer to glee. And it hits all the right notes in the process. The music alone is amazing! And it's boosted by a strong young ensemble cast led by Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson ( who steals the frickin show) It is a groundbreaking film that needs more respect
Mon, 17 Aug 2015 06:01:33 GMT
3. Very very disappointed...... - You'd think since everyone you know loves the movie you'd love it too. Well, they're WRONG. Pitch Perfect was a complete disgrace to humanity. I couldn't even get all the way to the end because of the vulgarity extant of the movie. This movie just HAD to throw in the curse words and nasty language. If you are thinking about taking your children to see this movie, DONT you'll regret it. More reviews from,
Thu, 13 Aug 2015 01:01:14 GMT
4. Outstanding movie of Pitch perfect - I remember watching this movie with my mom months ago before the end of February and it was cool. I loved pitch perfect. I really do not think I will see the second one in theatres because a little too much swearing so. I will see about Pitch Perfect whenever I can rent that movie when if comes out or maybe not. Maybe this movie is better.
Wed, 12 Aug 2015 11:03:02 GMT
5. Warning: For "Precocious" Teen Girls Only - My wife asked me to rent a "chick-flick" we could watch together. She suggested this film. In the end even she was highly underwhelmed. This film's target audience? I'd say "Precocious" - year old girls. You'd have to be a year old girl to enjoy this, and a somewhat precocious one to actually get some of the references in the jokes (though "subtle" or "nuance" wouldn't be used to describe the humor in this film.) The whole thing is over-acted like a Disney-esque teen flick … but with sexual overtones a la high school.
Thu, 16 Jul 2015 23:36:03 GMT