Academy Award® winners George Clooney and Julia Roberts team up as exes who find themselves on a shared mission: to stop their lovestruck daughter from making the same mistake they once made. Ticket to Paradise is a romantic comedy about the sweet surprise of second chances.
Release date: 2022-10-21 $9.99
1. Loved it! - I got exactly what I was looking for in this movie: a light-hearted entertaining movie with a little romance. Sure, aspects of the story weren’t perfect, but Julia and Clooney have enough chemistry and acting chops to pull off the entire thing, so I thoroughly enjoyed it (and the beautiful scenery). Recommend this!
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 03:15:41 GMT
2. I had such high hopes.. - I love the actors.. but the story itself has been done over and over again but normally more watchable than this one… if you are looking for hrs of arguing, you did this wrong, I’m right you’re wrong… then this is the movie for you. don’t even get me started about that cringe worthy ending…
Thu, 05 Jan 2023 14:52:23 GMT
3. Glad I watched for free on peacock - I hoped this was going to be more entertaining. I’ve always enjoyed Julia’s movies. This, however, so slap stick comedy, I actually thought, “just shoot me” until the story quickened. The scenery was beautiful. Makes me want to vacation in Bali. The food, if true to life, looked amazing. Nice attempt, but, not buying it as a great movie I hoped for.
Thu, 29 Dec 2022 17:58:09 GMT
4. Sorry to say…..worst movie ever. - I spent money on this and I am completely disappointed. Disappointed on the time I wasted, watching this. I was looking forward to this movie. Now I am left with regret. I expected it to be a great and a profound funny movie. Definitely pass on this movie and save your money.
Tue, 27 Dec 2022 14:49:34 GMT
Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt star in a high-stakes adventure about two passengers, Jim and Aurora, onboard a spaceship transporting them to a new life on another planet. The trip takes a deadly turn when their hibernation pods mysteriously wake them 90 years before they reach their destination. As they try to unravel the mystery behind the malfunction, they begin to fall for each other only to discover that the ship itself is in grave danger. With the lives of 5000 sleeping passengers at...
Release date: 2016-12-21 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Great Movie - I rarely watch movies- only tv shows. And even more so I rarely buy/rent them. But this one intrigued me enough to try it. One of the reviews said the movie was way better than the trailers made it out to be- I agree. Great movie. I rented it first & now I’ll buy it. Definitely recommend!
Wed, 17 Feb 2021 07:06:58 GMT
2. The Perfect Movie - What an amazing story! It shows the depths of depravity that human beings are capable of, as well as the glory and joy that the Creator has endowed into the simple yet profound connection between a man and a woman. This movie is truly beautiful, and since truth, beauty, and goodness are disdained in the current evil-loving culture, it should be no surprise that empty-souled critics hate it.
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 02:29:35 GMT
3. I liked it. - It’s good. If you like science fiction and don’t need things blowing up every ten seconds then this movie is for you. Tension, little bit of drama, ethical choices action equal fun. I don’t know why certain critic forums gave this a bad review. I watched it twice and want to see it again.
Mon, 02 Sep 2019 04:55:24 GMT
4. Fascinating... - I loved this movie but you need to like SciFi movies to enjoy it and the story. My wife hated it (she hates SciFi) but this movie was actually more romantic than I expected. The most fascinating about this movie is the look and feel of the interior of the space ship, it just basically seems real. The actors and the story add to the mix and provide perfect entertainment. Don't expect an action SciFi but the story will get you...
The end feels a little bit short and rushed but overall, a good movie.
Fri, 12 Apr 2019 11:15:28 GMT
5. Original and intriguing! - I was totally captivated by the story — you’ve left Earth with , fellow passengers on a -year journey bound for a whole new life on a far away colony world similar to Mother Earth. Everybody, including the crew, is in suspended hibernation. The massive ship, an advanced vessel and pride of the fleet, is basically on autopilot having made the trip thousands of times — between it and the presumably many other ships of the line. Something happens (no spoiler!) and Jim Preston (Pratt) is awakened early - WAY early. The journey to Homestead II has freakin years to go, and Jim is completely alone save for a sympathetic android bartender. “What TF do I do now?!” Jim becomes desperate, lonely, and bored over time and makes a difficult decision on which the entire film hinges. THIS is where I and the righteously and politically indignant critics of this film part company. Yes, it reeks of stalking and selfishness, but far from being a simple exercise and endorsement of ‘misogyny’ the film instead explores our inner reaches and asks, “What would YOU do ... really, what the heck would you do?” Jim doesn’t make the big decision on a whim, and actually wrestled with himself for months(?) about his eventual action. I think this makes the film very interesting. The filmmakers have stated that this was their intent — for people to come out of the theater discussing how they would handle the various aspects of Jim’s situation. I can’t think of a better example of “you really don’t know until you’ve been there,” primarily because none of us will likely be in a similar circumstance. Visually stunning - kudos to the production team. I believe the production design Oscar wasn’t won for ‘political’ reasons — probably the only time politics has entered the Academy Awards ... But now - a few nits: first, the ending was totally phoned in and left me deflated. I wanted more resolution than to have almost everything left to my imagination (other than the fact that they obviously lived for a while). Second, the fluffy love story element was about % more important overall than it should have been. A bit more gritty feel and tightening of the story would have been much more compelling ... but maybe they thought the ‘love’ angle would serve to bring in the women folk?? Third, I think I enjoy this original concept almost as much for what it could have been as what we got. I criticize this film not from the ‘easy’ politically correct angle, but from the muted, almost rushed overall effort and not digging down and giving us a full balanced breakfast of a movie. Don’t get me wrong - a beautifully designed and shot movie with a script that didn’t rise up and knock our socks off as it easily could have. In the end, I think this would make a hell of a good long novel. Bottom line — get past the intellectually dishonest ‘fall in line like sheep’ harping critics and really explore this movie. Again ... what would you do?
Thu, 28 Feb 2019 03:18:27 GMT
6. Was going to skip this movie - Reviews were not good for this movie, BUT IT IS NOW ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!! I love the story (reminiscent of a ’s sci-fi novel title ‘the seed’ I think) and the effects and design are amazing. There are a few scenes were the acting is phenomenal. It may not be everybody’s cup of tea, but I would give it stars if I could !
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 22:20:21 GMT
7. One hour romance, minute reason to watch - Basically how I wrote the title. For the most part if you are interested in this movie, you would enjoy the romantic part of the film. For those that want to pass it, just skip one hour through. That’s where the excitement is. But you will miss the whole point of the movie where the ship is already falling apart.
Thu, 17 Jan 2019 21:51:19 GMT
8. Rocks your core on living life - I absolutely love this film and what it aims for. The universe is completely unpredictable. We’re not always where we want to be in life; supposed to be somewhere else. We can’t get hung up on where we’d rather be that we often forget how to make the most of where we are. Once in a while we all need to take a break from what we can’t control .. instead love a little.
Mon, 20 Aug 2018 03:18:13 GMT
"Bones and All" is a story of first love between Maren (Taylor Russell), a young woman learning how to survive on the margins of society, and Lee (Timothée Chalamet), an intense and disenfranchised drifter; a liberating road odyssey of two young people coming into their own, searching for identity and chasing beauty in a perilous world that cannot abide who they are.
Release date: 2022-11-23 Genre:Horror $19.99
1. A very challenging and intriguing movie… - While it strays from the nuances of the novel it is based on, Luca Guadagnino brings us into a very unique narrative and deftly continues to demonstrate his formidable control of direction and story. The acting is really the best aspect of this movie, and Taylor Russell is outstanding. She is just so natural and honest as a performer and I can’t wait to see more of her work in the future. Also, Timothee Chalamet and Mark Rylance truly inhabit the characters of Lee and Sully as well. Any if these characters could have veered into over the top hamminess if they were inhabited by lesser actors. Make no mistake, this is a very disturbing and raw movie and it is not for the squeamish but if you crave original and bold filmmaking and storytelling than this might be for you…
Fri, 16 Dec 2022 13:21:03 GMT
2. Gorgeous Middle American Cinema - Gory and beautiful, sweeping Americana. Great performances by Chalamet, Taylor Russell and Mark Rylance. Great score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Cool ’s vibe. A sumptuous feast for the senses. See It To Believe It. Kudos Luca Guadagnino Kudos! (And the Oscar goes to…)
Thu, 15 Dec 2022 17:42:08 GMT
3. Not what you expect… - This movie will make you flinch a couple times. It takes on opposite genres and does it in a way that’s very smooth and fitting. The whole thing is a metaphor for how addiction brings people together as well as tears them apart. More specifically, fetishism as addiction. Think about real life. If you’re into something out of the ordinary, it can be really hard to find someone you’re compatible with. What do you do when you finally find the person who makes you feel like you aren’t completely alone, and you both lose control of the situation? The movie does a perfect job of showcasing that and does not have a happy ending. I knew I loved the music throughout, but it wasn’t until the last song that I realized Nine Inch Nails actually does the entire score. You get to hear Trent Reznor sing an original that embodies our finale. “For a minute, just a minute, we made it feel like home.” The thesis of this movie is simple and classic, it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Wed, 14 Dec 2022 19:56:04 GMT
Based on the groundbreaking best-selling book by Rhonda Byrne, The Secret: Dare to Dream follows Miranda (Katie Holmes), a young widow trying to make ends meet while raising her three children and dating her boyfriend (Jerry O’Connell). A devastating storm brings an enormous challenge and a mysterious man, Bray (Josh Lucas), into Miranda’s life. Bray reignites the family’s spirit but, unbeknownst to Miranda, also holds an important secret — one that will change everything. With its timel...
Release date: 2020-07-31 Genre:Drama $12.99
1. Good movie - I feel like it was a low budget movie with the acting. Kinda pricy for what it was but maybe after the newness wears off it will become a . movie. Also wish there was more in the beginning of the movie to better explain what happened to her husband n how life was like before but that’s what gets u to watch the whole movie. Keeps u wondering but It was a good story line Kinda gets you thinking in real life of karma. It was a middle of the road movie kinda like a movie you’d watch or find on the lifetime movie channel lol
Sat, 10 Oct 2020 20:35:45 GMT
2. See What You Want & It's Possible - This was a surprisingly good movie about the power of visualization and just general kindness and warmth. Josh Lucas stole the movie in my opinion. He was charming and practically radiated this inner glow in every scene he was in. Katie Holmes, as always, brings a sweet and honest depth to her role. The children were also surprisingly interesting. The step-mom actress was excellent. The only thing I would say to change would maybe add more to Josh Lucas' character through flashbacks about his epiphany and why he embraces the life philsophy that he does. But I also like letting it be a mytery too, the art of going after what you want and attracting life by simply desiring things. Beautiful movie. Just give it a chance if you're on the fence about watching it. It can't hurt to see something about people being good to other people, for a change.
Mon, 05 Oct 2020 04:01:10 GMT
3. Better than expected... - Better than expected, but somewhat light on its feet given the context. Josh Lucas‘s character seemed more the embodiment and orator of the ideas of the story rather than an actual person, and some of the conversations between him and some of the other characters were a bit awkward and stilted.
Thu, 24 Sep 2020 18:47:03 GMT
4. Nope - We are in this together?? I’ll stick with supporting those who are showing compassion for the hardship that many of their fans are having by releasing movies with the option of $-$ to purchase/own not just rent. I won’t spend a dime on this movie or any other movie these leading actors and producers are in just on the principle for their lack of compassion and greed. I can afford to rent $ as I have been blessed to keep job security during this time and I pass those blessings on in my community, it’s about those families during this time that can barely afford their bills. Cut them some slack and start showing some compassion in your movie pricing options.
Thu, 03 Sep 2020 17:35:53 GMT
5. No good - Movie is not good. Don't drink the cool aid and don’t believe the lies the devil sells. False teachings. Demonic doctrine... read your Bible and stop letting the devil lie with the same trash he used on Adam and Eve. You’re human not the creator. Your words don’t create. We simply ask God and out of his Holy wisdom and sovereignty he will answer according to his purpose. Jesus Christ of the Bible is the only answer and he is the only way to happiness and true peace. You are worth so much because Jesus put a worth on you and he paid it with his own life for love out of you and me. Don’t drink the devils cool aid he’s lost the war but Jesus won the victory...
Thu, 03 Sep 2020 02:13:38 GMT
6. Just a good Feel Good movie!!! - Not great but good I would have gave this and a half stars but whatever anyway this is a pretty good feel good movie for the family I even would say it felt like watching instant family at moments but it more like most family dramdys are today and it ok I do highly recommend it to anyone who needs positivity I highly recommend it must buy!!!!
Tue, 25 Aug 2020 03:51:47 GMT
7. YES!! —LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! - I absolutely LOVE this movie! —Just the uplifting shot in the arm I needed!!! ...And this big Dawson’s Creek fan has ALWAYS had a big crush on Katie Holmes, WHATEVER she is doing!!! Josh Lucas is wonderful. E
—On the whole a terrificly sweet and mood lightening movie!! (—And, yes, I do now want to read up more on my old copy of “The Secret” Sorry! )
Sat, 15 Aug 2020 05:46:09 GMT
8. No one is force to rent - I understand the frustration of paying $ to rent a movie to watch but do people forget the current situation where the movie makers are doing this? No one is force to rent any movie and maybe practice patience when it’s available to purchase. You pay an average of $ for movie tickets per person but I rent this at home for people to watch in the confort of our own home. We even watched it multiple times and save money on gas and snacks at the theater. I read this book about years ago and my family enjoyed this movie. Worth it for us.
Mon, 10 Aug 2020 23:07:45 GMT
Jack Malik was just another struggling songwriter...but that was yesterday. After a mysterious blackout, Jack (Himesh Patel) discovers he is the only person on earth who remembers The Beatles! As he rockets to fame by passing off the Fab Four's songs as his own, Jack risks losing Ellie (Lily James) – the one person who has loved him and believed in him from the start. Before the door to his old life closes forever, Jack must decide if all he needs is love, after all. Kate McKinnon and Ed Sheer...
Release date: 2019-06-28 $4.99
1. c;lever & imaginative - The bad reviews on here must come from Negative Nancys because this movie is fun, cute, with well- developed characters and those timeless songs from the Fab Four. Don't expect a biopic of the Beatles ala Rocketman or Bohemian Rhapsody. this is a lighthearted unique, tale. Definitely a movie that I'll watch over & over and I just bought it for $. on iTunes! Cheers, mates, all you need is Love!!
Wed, 10 Feb 2021 15:17:11 GMT
2. Runined my childhood - When i was in elementary i was in a group with my friends in a audiotrium singing Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles and then i still remember it as a passionless song. Then years later i see Yesterday and it was kinda good and runined my chance to love the beatles but thanks a lot Danny Boyle.
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 22:58:35 GMT
3. Sheeran? ironic to place a blasé overrated paid musician - in this movie who has been sued on a number of occasions for copyright infringement. Plus who is a polar opposite of the great songwriting of The Beetles. Not to mention, a horrible actor. The movie is cute, starting with promise and ending in disappointment. You will be left hungry if craving for an artistic endeavor, though perhaps left with a grin if in the mood for an unauthentic romantic unrequited love story that ends with a cuddle. Hearing the music of The Beatles covered is, “generally” a good thing - the renditions here are charming for a ok movie.
Sun, 23 Feb 2020 08:41:16 GMT
4. A must NOT see... - 'Yesterday' is a must NOT see for Beatles fans. Luckily I saw this turkey (for free ) on a flight and turned it off midway. I couldn't stand the trivializtion of what made the Beatles memorable -catchy songs, chemistry, harmonies, excitement, and clever ground breaking arrangements. In 'Yesterday' we see a narcisistic singer/songwriter eeking out a Beatles song that wouldn't cause attention in your local coffee shop - but instead we experience an audiance reaction that is perplexing - an almost delusional, unwarranted adulation. Not well done.
Tue, 31 Dec 2019 14:58:31 GMT
5. Fell asleep half way through - I remember seeing the trailer for this and being really exited. In the beginning it was really good, but then in the middle it really dragged for me and I fell asleep (idk if I was really tired or the movie was really boring, probably both) I think you should watch the movie but it’s not something I want to watch again. I think it is a really great concept but it was just portrayed poorly.
Wed, 25 Dec 2019 17:59:05 GMT
6. Adorable, heartwarming, great story - A great story and, though a total must-see for Beatles fans, this movie drives a lesson that nothing beats creating your own art and being proud of a life you’ve built authentically. Nothing, not the even the best music ever written, beats artistic integrity and being true to your message. A well done homage to the greatest band on earth and all the many lessons contained in the Beatles catalogue. Loved this so much.
Sat, 30 Nov 2019 03:36:26 GMT
7. Heartfelt rom com and a great tribute to the Beatles - The premise sees the Universe sending Jack Malick, a struggling musician, a message about getting hung up on the wrong things in his life. His favorite bands, bad habits, drinks, all disappear from Earth leaving him with a world where he is given a chance to gain some perspective. Yet in a world that no longer knows who The Beatles are, Jack takes it as an opportunity to continue to indulge himself by passing on their songs as his own. The movie takes him through a journey where he realizes that the things that he chased thinking they would make him happy are, in fact, only distancing himself from the world around him. Some nice parallels are drawn here that work very well due to the great Richard Curtis. The cast is as charming as one would expect in a Curtis written film. Himesh Patel does an outstanding job in his first feature role , striking a nice balance of being kind, oblivious lonely, yet hopeful. Lily James is at her best here and i can't wait to see her in future projects. Really there isn’t an actor here who doesn’t add to the movie’s beauty. Kate McKinnon is unbelievable here as a ambitious and ruthless manager and foil character who will do anything to make sure Jack takes her to her next level of success. I don’t get around to watching many movies anymore but after catching this on a flight recently , I had to see it again (but winded up watching it three times in a week). I suspect this will be another cult classic for Richard Curtis since Love Actually
Sun, 10 Nov 2019 18:54:40 GMT
8. Boring. - The most boring summer movie of . Nothing happens, the entire film. You don’t learn anything about the main lead, and the supposed “comedic” bits aren’t even funny. They’re awkward. It felt like you needed someone with a sign that said “Haha” just to point out they’re funny. TL;DR: Don’t waste your time with this movie.
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 03:57:34 GMT
An adaptation of Dangerous Liaisons set among wealthy teenagers in modern New York. Kathryn makes a bet that her step-brother, Sebastian, won't be able to bed Annette, a wholesome virgin who wants to wait for love. If Sebastian loses, Kathryn gets his Jaguar, if he wins, he gets Kathryn. Things become complicated when Sebastian finds himself falling for Annette.
Release date: 1999-03-05 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. Classic ’s - It’s hard to explain this movie by today’s standards but if you were a “mainstream” media-loving teenager when this came out in the late ’s, it surely had an impact. It was my last two years of high school when this came out and I remember people quoting the movie or referencing parts of it. Overall the movie itself is a / but bonus points for nostalgia, a good soundtrack and amazing cast. If you were around when this movie came out then you likely know how great this cast was. As an aside, I have no idea why iTunes removed this and didn’t have it for so long only to bring it back. I am pretty sure I had already purchased it and went to watch it one day and it wasn’t there. A good reason to keep your receipts and contact support if this happens to you.
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:06:35 GMT
Do you ever have deja vu? Didn't you just ask me that? Bill Murray is at his wry, wisecracking best in this riotous romantic comedy about a weatherman caught in a personal time warp on the worst day of his life. Teamed with a relentlessly cheerful producer (Andie MacDowell) and a smart-aleck cameraman (Chris Elliott), TV weatherman Phil Connors (Bill Murray) is sent to Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, to cover the annual Groundhog Day festivities. But on his way out of town, Phil is caught in a giant...
Release date: 1993-02-12 Genre:Comedy $7.99
1. A JPC Recomindation - Groundhog Day is my favorite film for telling the story of every aspect of life. You feel like it's the same thing every day. You know you've felt this way before. You wake up, go to school, see some friends. You head home, usual same old day. It gets boring and you turn miserable. Depending on how you treat this day is what will matter. You can make a joke out of it, kill some people if you want but it will all lead to some vanity or another. You make a decision to change what this day is. The movie itself is also enjoyable entertainment, with the very sarcastic Bill Murray to make you laugh with his best deadpan snark ever. I give it a JPC recommendation.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014 05:12:22 GMT
2. Brief Review - Admittedly, when I first watched this movie I did not get it. Seemed to be stuck in a repetitive cycle (which is true), with little meaning. When I watched it the second time, I truly got the message. This movie makes you think about how we all live life and how we can choose to make the same day anything from a horrible burden on ourselves to a wonderful work of art. Truly a classic.
Sat, 02 Feb 2013 21:49:36 GMT
3. Wow - What an amazing film. I usually can't stand Bill Murray but I thought his performance was great. This movie takes you by surprise. The writing is superb and the characters unforgettable. If you're tired of watching films that fail to deliver, then this one's for you. Love live Bill Murray and Harold Ramis!
Mon, 08 Oct 2012 16:25:30 GMT
4. Why no HD version? Why no anniversary edition? Move is great!!! - Why no HD version? And not just for AppleTV. I want that for iTunes.
Why no anniversary edition? Move is great!!! This is my FAVORITE movie of all time. Five stars isn't high enough. If I was stranded (take your pick of where) and I could pick one movie to be stranded with, it would be this movie with no close second. I love how this movie is funny but is also morbid (his character commits suicide is basically every way he could think of - only a couple are shown). He then learns that life is worth living if you don't think of just yourself but how to be helpful to other people.
Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:57:23 GMT
The town con and the town beauty team up to outwit a half-wit pair of would-be burglars in this hilarious comedy from John Hughes. Frank Whaley stars as Jim Dodge, a smooth-talking small-town guy with a knack for putting up a front -but no talent for holding down a job. But Jim's life suddenly takes a turn for the fantastic when he finds himself locked inside the local department store one night with Josie McClellan (Jennifer Connelly), the daughter of the town's wealthiest citizen. And when thi...
Release date: 1991-03-29 Genre:Comedy $4.99
1. FINALLY!! - This is one of my fave movies of the early s! After being in The Labyrinth, I had the biggest crush on Jennifer Connelly. And seeing this movie at age sealed my fate on brunettes forever! Now, because of her, I'm happily with a Portuguese girl that has Miss Connelly's beautiful smile & skin, the daring eyes(& color) of Eva Green, the sexy accent & hair color of Italian actress Monica Bellucci & curly hair of Andie MacDowell! All beautiful women, rolled into one! Thank you, Jesus!
Sat, 19 Mar 2016 17:03:50 GMT
The uniquely imaginative Baz Luhrmann (Moulin Rouge!, Australia) tackles F. Scott Fitzgerald's landmark novel, The Great Gatsby, with blockbuster star Leonardo DiCaprio in the title role. Spider-Man's Tobey Maguire stars as the Fitzgerald-like would-be writer Nick Carraway who arrives in New York in 1922, an era of loose morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings. Chasing his own American Dream, Nick encounters the mysterious millionaire Gatsby and his bewitching cousin Daisy. Soon, Nick is d...
Release date: 2013-05-10 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. The truth. - A job of a critic is always easy one may say. We don’t risk much if anything our reputation, but this weekend I saw the movie. I rather have seen grass grow, maybe that would have been more entertaining. The movie was just too slow and when it finally turned for the “better” it was a disappointment. I would say recommend this movie to a person you would like to see suffer for two hours. I tried to entertain myself because I was just so bored. Honestly just spend time with loved ones because honestly anything is better than this movie. Thank you.
Fri, 05 Mar 2021 14:29:08 GMT
2. The Great Gatsby is overrated but tells a conventional story - I have never read the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerlad but based on what i watched from this adaptation of the classic novel the movie itself is pretty overrated but i understand that this movie is trying to tell a conventional storytelling but manages to be loud and pretty dazzling if i say do myself. See when you adapating a novel sometimes it goes off track or if the movie itself is pretty cliche and stupid it might not work out for most directors who create such adaptations with the matrieal of a genius. And that's why the film verison of the classic novel is to different from the actual novel and the film does has a ensamble cast including Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Jason Clarke, Elizabeth Debecki and Isla Fisher. The cast members are sure worth the wait for this film not embrassed from the actual source material that this film is trying to capture with style and state of the art visual effects which the actors are able to shine. The film follows desaplined gentlemen Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire) a humble man who moves to New York on Long Island next door to his cousin Daisy (Carey Mugllian) who is married to the concern and newly weed college mate Tom (Joel
Edgerton) who is obessed with seeing
other women in general. But that's not all Nick Carraway lives next door the lixirous mansion that is owned by millionaire Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio who gives a overwhelming but gorgeous performence as Jay Gatsby who is concern about the relationship between Tom and Daisy which sets Jay Gatsby to act in nervous and supicuous behavior towards his newcomer Nick Carraway. The plot is straight out from the novel but the film visual style of New York was thrilly impressive for many of the shots in the film. And the music is beyond distracting but fits with this movie despite this film being a tradgey between romance and money it still has many flaws to begin with but with Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby was such the brilliant casting choice and as for anybody else all of them gave descent performences such as Tobey Maguire's return to form who plays Nick Carraway who gives a good character for his film as well. I highly recommend The Great Gatsby it's subject material kept me from watching it more than twice because the overloud parties that Jay Gatsby creats is such a interesting world to explore romance and tradgeies.
Fri, 07 Aug 2020 23:38:03 GMT
3. Best Movie In The World - I absolutely love this movie. I watched this movie when it first came out and I love it still so much, this movie is my favorite movie in the whole world. I would highly recommend this to everyone, amazing acting, amazing actors, and extraordinary music and narrating by “Nick”. LOVE IT!!!! I would give this movie every Grammy if I could.
Tue, 31 Mar 2020 03:27:02 GMT
4. It’s an amazing visual - I had to read this my th grade year. After reading the book,I rented this to get a good visual. This put the book in a whole new perspective. It is rare for me to say the movie is better than the book. But this is the one exception this movie is times better than the book.
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 00:58:05 GMT
5. The Truth About James Gatz - "Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther.... and one fine morning— So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - Nick Carraway (Narrator of F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby") An amazing story about money, power, obsession, and tragedy. Fitzgerald's Jay Gatsby, or James Gatz, teaches us about the craziness in love and light—that having hope is something worth dying for.
Fri, 12 May 2017 04:01:27 GMT
6. Didn't get his shït together - I think the worst movies Leo stared in had high hopes for this movie it's not a bad story line it's not bad film but the soundtracks was off you didn't know what era was the movie or bad editing I could of then better overall just over hiped movie that didn't give it a Second look before production
Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:37:22 GMT
7. So disappointing. - F. Scott Fitzgerald's incredible book has been sullied by this film. McGuire is usually a pretty decent actor, but this was the worst I have ever seen him. He lacked any real emotion or enthusiasm. The over use of CGI effects left a bad taste in my mouth. As did the hip-hop and pop music they constantly played. I escorted a lot of jazz and class, but what I expected is not what I got. There was entirely too much emphasis on the parties, and not enough on the plot. Overall, a horrible disappointment, as was the previous. People should really stop trying to make The Great Gatsby into a movie because no one seems competent enough to do it justice.
Mon, 21 Dec 2015 04:09:12 GMT
8. dishonors it predecessors in every way - Its not that I'm not a Di'caprio fan. Im not bashing his performance. Its the fault of the director and producers. This movie was more than a "GREAT"disappointment. If you haven't watched the Redford version or read the book. You probably will not after this epic fail. Dub step in the roaring 's is insulting to say the least. Nothing of this movie is era correct outside of the clothes and cars. Even some of those were incorrect as well. SHAME ON YOU!!!
Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:57:37 GMT
This winner of two Academy Awards, GHOST is still one of the most memorable romantic ﬁlms ever made. Patrick Swayze is Sam, recently departed from the living world, but left behind in spirit form. While desperate to reconnect with the love of his life, Molly (Demi Moore), he discovers his death wasn’t just a random robbery gone bad. To solve his own murder, he enlists the talents of a skeptical psychic (Whoopi Goldberg), who doesn’t even believe her own abilities. Featuring a memorable Mau...
Release date: 1990-07-13 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. One of the greatest... - ...love stories in film. Sure, it has a bit of silliness here and there, but if this does not bring tears to your eyes, seek help for you are loosing your humanity. This, though, is not just a love story, but also of the power of love vs. evil and greed. None of us know what happens when our time on this good earth is over, but perhaps it is a good thing to practice kindness, love and seek forgiveness for transgressions before the end?
Mon, 12 Dec 2022 01:30:13 GMT
2. 안녕하세요, 사랑과 영혼 의 원작자 이라현입니다. - 사랑과 영혼(' "THE GHOST": PSYCHiSMÅ DERFERSUTUARE HURTiÅ), "인간으로 오신 구주하나님이신 푸쉬케여신님의 그간 고락의, 상처(傷處)' 세계 속에서의 여정, 에로스와 푸쉬케 ", 영화 외적으로 더 자세하게는 '年作 유재하집 사랑하기 때문에, "에로스와 푸쉬케" 를 참고하시기 바랍니다. 대한민국 수도 서울특별시 세계표준시간 批評家' 이라현(李婀寵)¡ KCÅTERFPHRHAĀDTSZ-ii, "카테프라츠 -i" ll 교황청 발령처의 다음표기¡
베드로星河 '[프시키아교황청令¡] PSYCHiÅ KiÅM-KCÅ.PHR.ĀSZ ¡
Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:58:05 GMT
3. My favourite movie ever... - I have seen this movie approximately times. No kidding! I can sit and watch it with the same enthusiasm as I did the first time in the 's! The acting is fantastic, the storyline full of twists and simple to follow. A movie you can enjoy and which will no doubt, go down as a timeless classic!
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:36:34 GMT
4. Beautiful, sad, and amazing all rolled into one :) - Best love, action and comedy movie combined ever. I watched it this morning, and even though it was made in , it's still amazing. Patrick Swayze lives on in the movie... Its definitely one of my favourites. Best ever, Diddo. and are you serious? It's going on broadway?!?! So seeing it :')
Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:07:22 GMT
5. the best movie i have ever seen! - I have been watching this movie over and over agian! it is wonderfully laid out and the actors beautifully play their rolles. This is the best movie i have ever seen with Patrick Swayze in it, next to Dirty Dancing. Its tugs at your heart with the sadness of Molly's loss but teaches the art of moving on even after a wrongful death. The special effects are great, given the fact it was made in . BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Sat, 06 Aug 2011 15:58:19 GMT
6. Romance, drama, action - all in one for believers, non-believers and those on the fence - No matter how many times I watch this movie, I cry...great legacy left behind by Patrick Swayze, God rest his soul. He is in Heaven and this movie showed us a version of "how". Demi Moore and Whoopie Goldberg were completing the role. Absolutely amazing to watch over and over again. Great investment in your theater library.
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 02:22:20 GMT
7. One of Patrick's greatest. - First of all, I'm so glad this is on iTunes now. This movie has to be one of the greatest movies Patrick has ever done, and the match up between him and Whoopi Goldberg is outstanding! Definitely a must see movie, don't even bother renting it or anything - just buy it! Rest in Peace, Patrick. You'll never be forgotten.
Sat, 19 Sep 2009 23:32:13 GMT
8. May you rest in peace Patrick Swazye - This movie still evokes strong feelings for me. What a beautiful love story. Demi Moore was great, and Whoopi Goldberg was hysterical. And Patrick Swayze, well, we are going to miss you very much. What a talent, full of grace, style, great dancer, not afraid to show the emotional part of himself. He will be sadly missed by many. His style and grace with his battle with Pancreatic Cancer, all of this in the public eye, will forever be, for me, the essence of the man. He will always live on with his performance in "Ghost". "DITTO"
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:20:40 GMT
Experience Academy Award-winning director James Cameronʼs epic masterpiece Titanic like never before. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet shine in this unforgettable love story born of tragedy that became a worldwide phenomenon. Take the journey and discover why critics declare Titanic “a magnificent motion picture that remains spellbinding.” * Roger Ebert, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES
Release date: 1997-12-19 $9.99
1. AMAAAAAAZING - I SERIOUSLY LOOOOOOOOVE TITANIC ITS SOOOO AMAZING AND GREAT AND ITS ALSO VERY SAD I GET VERY EMOTIONAL EVERY TIME I WATCH IT ALSO ROSE/KATE IS VERY PRETTY Ok I’m going to calm down now. Kate and Leo did veeeeeeeeeery good and I love there characters Rose and Jack I’ve watched this movie times and the music is very pretty. I don’t know why but I get sad when I listen to My Heart Will Go On The special effects were very good and they did a good job making the titanic and the crowds and stuff!! This movie deserves a billion stars not just five!! Titanic will always be my favorite!
Sat, 13 Nov 2021 21:01:47 GMT
2. This is the best movie I have ever seen - This movie has the perfect amount of drama, romance, and real life tragities that will make you cry but still love it. The actors did amazing jobs and the writers are really good at keeping you guessing. This is a great family movie for older kids. But there are some scenes you should be careful of. Have fun and pay attention. Don’t wipe your tears just let them fall. Definitely a five star movie. Staring Leonardo DiCaprio
Sat, 07 Nov 2020 18:52:48 GMT
3. Titanic is the best romantic movie out there - Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet are great couples in Titanic and the performences and chimestry between Jack Dawson and Rose are interesting and emotional throughout. James Cameron's direction and visual effects are gorgeous this film is well-written, well acted and has the best music in any other film this year. I highly recommend Titanic it's a masterpiece that you will never forget!
Tue, 07 Jul 2020 00:31:40 GMT
4. Made me cry - I loved the movie but it was so emotional it was one of the best movies I’ve ever seen I hate that jack had to die but rose wanted to die jack wanted to live rose lived for jack jack died for rose but I give this a star because it was so powerful and entertaining my favorite part is when rose took jacks last name “rose rose dawson”
Fri, 22 May 2020 22:20:32 GMT
Return to a time when men were men and swamps were swamps. Fire swamps, that is. Full of quicksand and Rodents of Unusual Size. Lagoons were inhabited by shrieking eels. And the most beautiful woman in the world was named…Buttercup? Well, it's a bent fairy tale. Complete with all the fencing, fighting, chases, escapes, and silly accents you'd expect. Plus one of two things only Rob Reiner (director of "Misery", "When Harry Met Sally...") could dream up. Like Inigo Montoya, who has dreamt his ...
Release date: 1987-09-25 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $4.99
1. Great movie! Entrainment for ALL ages! - After seeing this movie when it was originally released on the big screen with my Mom, when I was in my teens (I am not going to tell you how old I am! LOL!) and then going back to watch it AGAIN with my Dad and younger sister. Of course, like the rest of the world it became a family favorite! Since then I have watched it at least fifty times and it’s many enduring lines since the very first viewing have been incorporated into our day to day conversations and “movie trivia” fun throughout our lives since. Anyone who has not seen it should! Anyone who does not like it has no sense of humor or is probably someone who should be avoided. LOL! Anyone who loves it is probably pretty normal! Now days this would probably be rated G! It’s terrible that so much of the TV and movies available are not worth watching IMO. We just found the “Blood Treasure” TV series and WE LOVE IT! It’s like The Princess Bride, National Treasure, Uncharted, Goonies, etc. all rolled into one! Without any blood guts magic or actual sex, though it is sexy. Wish there were more like it and The Princess Bride, National Treasure, Uncharted, Goonies, etc.
Tue, 18 Oct 2022 19:47:20 GMT
2. An absolute classic - What an amazing and comedic tale of friendship, adventure, danger and love. The main story line may follow the romance between Westley and Buttercup, but you also see how people can change as they establish their personalities. One of my favourite movies and would / recommend to others.
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 20:48:37 GMT
3. AMAZING - This movie was assigned as homework over winter break because my English teacher was shocked that most of my class had not seen this movie. I had seen it before, but forgot most of the details and wanted to seen it again. The one part I remembered SPOILER ALERT!!! Was the line “stop your rhyming and I mean it!” “Anybody wanna peanut?” Anyway, after I saw it again, I realized, this is pretty appropriate language wise, but PG with ALL THIS BLOOD??? Still, it is a great movie and I recommend watching it.
Sat, 05 Jan 2019 02:30:41 GMT
4. My mom is crazy about this - My Mom is crazy about the plot and story line of this tale. She forced myself, and my other family members to watch it with her. I hate this movie for reasons terrible graphics cliché story line
repulsive attempts at looking dead (clearly see actor never looked even close to the weapon) Queen Rosel
Tue, 10 Oct 2017 04:01:37 GMT
5. This is one of the greatest movies ever - This movie is great, and fun. I love this movie a lot. I love all of the characters in it. Buttercup is one of my favorite characters ever. She is really pretty to and I like how she stands up for herself. I like Buttercup, and Westly together and it is one of my all time favorite movies ever.
Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:11:51 GMT
6. Love this movie! - (I noticed In the editor's note for this movie it says Diego Montoya but it is actually Inigo Montoya. Diego was Inigo's dad who was killed years earlier so he has been "studying nothing but swordplay ever since" so when he finds the fingered man he will not fail and he will go up to him and say "Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. U killed my father. Prepare to die!") I had never seen it before one of my mom's best friends gave it to me and now it is one of my favorite movies ever! U would think that it would be a chick flick based on just the title alone (William Goldman did write the book for his daughters, one said she wanted him to write about princesses and the other one said she wanted him to write about brides so that's how he came up with the title) but it is MUCH more than a chick flick! There is a little bit of just about everything for every interest in this movie!... Action, drama, comedy, sword fighting, R.O.U.S.s, true love, "kissing parts". All very good and talented actors and actresses in this movie. And it's clean... There is no sex, drugs, alcohol (except for the one scene of Inigo's when he went "back to the beginning". He is sitting against the wall with a bottle of alcohol and appears to be drunk, but it is still very clean and very funny) and no cussing (again... Except for the once when Inigo killed Count Rugen) a very family friendly movie! I say "As u wish" all the time now. And I tell my best friend every night that I will most likely kill her in the morning. There are so many quotable lines in this movie that are fun to say in everyday life. "Inconceivable!" "As u wish" "It's possible pig" "Good night. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill u in the morning." "Mostly dead". I recommend this movie to everyone! Definitely worth it.
Thu, 05 May 2016 10:58:05 GMT
7. INCONCEIVABLE! - This is my all time favorite movie. I have the entire movie memorized! Every line is so amazing and quotable! And don't let the cover/description fool you; it's not just for girls. I know lots of teenage and adult guys that love and quote this movie too! (It's also Ted Cruz's favorite movie...he's even smarter than you realized!) I can watch this movie all the time and never get tired of it. If you haven't seen it, you need to watch it right now.
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 19:52:16 GMT
8. Why Can't I Rent This? - I LOVE this movie. It has been in my Top Favorite Movies since I was . As a result, I wanted to watch it with my long distance boyfriend on Valentine's Day. The plan was to rent it from iTunes and watch it at the same time. However, since I cannot rent it, we will have to stream it instead. I already have a hard copy of this movie, so I don't want to repurchase it. It is a fantastic movie though, and thoroughly recommend it. I just wish I could rent it.
Sun, 14 Feb 2016 15:09:43 GMT
Debra Messing (TV's Will & Grace) shines in this hilarious romantic comedy about the surprising road to finding true love. Kat Ellis (Messing) is determined to attend her younger sister's wedding with a date. Rather than face the ridicule of her family and in order to show up her ex-fiance, she resorts to the Yellow Pages to find a last-minute escort, Nick (Dermot Mulroney, My Best Friend's Wedding). His dashing good looks and quick-witted charm may win over her family. But will they win over Ka...
Release date: 2005-02-04 Genre:Comedy $4.99
1. Rotten Tomatoes is FOS - Sure, this is not a movie based on "one of the great classics of literature", but it is very entertaining and sweet. Debra Messing is great as an insecure woman who hasn't gotten over breaking up with her long ago fiancee and Dermot Mulroney is perfect as the gigolo who falls for his client. I rented it to begin, but I'm buying it to keep!
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 03:34:07 GMT
2. The Wedding Date - This movie is cute and takes place in England which makes it even more entertaining. Dermot Mulroney is HOT! I don't normally like Debra Messing but she was cute in this movie. Love the soundtrack music. Love the bachelorette party scene. Won't win any major awards but it is fun and entertaining.
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:01:49 GMT
3. The Wedding Date - I thought it was a good movie. Very humorous, witty and just light hearted. Dermot does an outstanding job playing the soulful, brooding male escort. Debra did a great job playing a neurotic looking for love. The balance of the cast was pretty great as well. It made me laugh and not think too hard. Sometimes you just want a playful upbeat movie and if you do this is the one. No, it will never win an Oscar but worth a watch or two.
Sat, 10 Dec 2011 07:05:36 GMT
4. Fun romantic comedy - Debra Messing brings some of her Grace character to the idiosynchracies of Kat Ellis and it's fun stuff. She and Dermott Mulroney had some good chemistry. The brash female british cousin is a scene-stealer! I can't remember the actress's name, but she's hilarious with her quick lines and delivery! The soundtrack is also very good stuff.
Sun, 08 Aug 2010 20:08:22 GMT
5. Absolutly Must Must See It!! - Awsome, I'm a very picky movie watcher let alone lover. But when I saw "The Wedding Date" I fell in love right on the spot. I own all the "Will&Grace" series and was deeply sad when it went of the air. If you love Messing as Grace you will fall in love all over as she shines with her comidic timing and physical comedy she soars past expectations as Kat Ellis in "The Wedding Date"
Sat, 24 Oct 2009 21:33:44 GMT
6. Uninteresting - The Wedding Date was consistently predictable, the characters were poorly developed and behave irrationally at times, and many plot points were left unaddressed or unexplained. It lacked any real emotional experience. At worst, this is an uninteresting movie, and at best, mediocre entertainment.
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:36:34 GMT
7. Happy as Larry, how ever happy he is.... - I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I own it and I sadly but gladly happily watch it once a week. YEP I SAID IT... ONCE A WEEK!!! No joke. I love how it can and can't happen and the small truth in it. "All women have the exact love life they want." As a women, I say this is true. Those words were inspired, thanks Yoda, LOL!
Sat, 18 Jul 2009 03:10:49 GMT
8. one of those movies when ideas and pieces put together simply didn't work. - The audio, light and makeup were pretty bad, and I rarely notice these things. The male lead simply doesn't have much to build his character in the story and yet he gets to be "the guy". they could have made this story work, it just didn't.
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:45:33 GMT
The worldwide phenomenon comes to life in Fifty Shades of Grey, starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan in the iconic roles of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey. Ana is an inexperienced college student tasked with interviewing enigmatic billionaire Christian Grey. But what starts as business quickly becomes an unconventional romance. Swept up in Christian's glamorous lifestyle, Ana soon finds another side to him as she discovers his secrets and explores her own dark desires. What results is a...
Release date: 2015-02-13 $9.99
1. Mr Grey will now see what bad movie this is - Fifty Shades of Grey......I mean come on! there has to be a reason why this movie was made in the first place because this movie dosen't appeal to men like the main character Christian Grey who is a (not going to say handsome) but is a weathly but rich businessman who Daktoa Johnson's character Annatasia Steel falls in love with him and wants her even more than just love. All iam saying is that i didn't enjoy this movie not because of the abusive or sexual content that disturbed me it's because of the terrible chimestry these two main characters are and there are also other characters that serve no interse in the plot. This film isn't sexy or maybe if your a girl or a woman you will enjoy this movie because you guys and gals read the book you know what it's like to live the fantasy of a happy relationship. But when men watch it they think this movie is too smart for them or it's too cliche, dumb and overall it dosen't contain that sour feel from my favorite romantic movies like (Shaun of the Dead, Her, Scott Pilgrim, A Star is Born and Titanic) all of those movies work because they have good directors and they have characters and they have chimestry and overall it works out fine. But Fifty Shades of Grey pissess me off and if woman like it then fine there gonna like it because Christian Grey is hot and handsome but in my opinion watching this has made me discover that relationships is complex and meaningless isn't because a rich werido is going to fall in love with this woman isn't because she is going to love him no matter how much you just have to see this for yourself this is a review by marcelo you pal.
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 01:45:37 GMT
2. Cult Appeal - I loved Jaime Dornan in The Fall so I finally decided to see what all the hype was about by first downloading a sample of the book. I was a little surprised by how clunky, adolescent and unbelievable the dialog was and how shallow the characters are so I didn't bother buying the rest of the book. I decided to "rent" the movie on iTunes just to satisfy my curiosity. I can't jump to the conclusion that this was a bomb. Firstly because it is fiction. It's not supposed to show us a real relationship, let alone a real BDSM relationship. But it has intrigue as a first episode in a series. I can see how viewers may be disappointed by this as a movie. I am going to watch the next two and see if it makes a better miniseries. Don't expect much. This story pales in comparision to Secretary which was a brilliant movie nor does is have the appeal of Bound for it's sensuality. I think it has potential as a quirky, lightweight tale of a left-of-center, fictional relationship but was disappointed in it as a movie. Like a say, it's the first episode in a curious miniseries that alllows the viewer to take a peak into one version of a DOM/SUB relationship. However, Fifty Shades of Grey would need a complete screenplay overhaul to be a called really good movie.
Sun, 19 Jan 2020 00:55:47 GMT
3. It's just a movie.... - I'm not sure what everyone is so worked up over. It was a MOVIE. I personally thought Dakota Johnson was wonderful. Ten times better than the Ana in the books, whom I found insufferable and immature. Dakota brought a warmth and humor to the character. Jamie Dornan was okay. I found his attempt at hiding his Irish accent distracting. Christian is far from perfect, having gone through the childhood he did, and I think that is sort of the point. Ana helped him grow and mature. I thought it was an entertaining movie and almost like it better than the book (I know. Shocking.) I watched all three movies and liked them all.
Tue, 14 May 2019 04:12:26 GMT
4. Very good movie - Enjoyed it a lot. The premise touches on what happens in the big picture of real life. Women have fantasies. Maybe it this fantasy, but they have them. It’s not just a man’s realm. The acting felt a tad off to me at first, but maybe it’s because the two actors were unfamiliar to me. However, they were quite engaging as the movie went on. I also watched to sequel & plan on watching the third movie as well.
Mon, 26 Feb 2018 22:15:43 GMT
5. What a waste - I couldn’t finish this movie do to what its message is trying to convey. Women are repeatedly abused and controlled by men in society and I feel like movies like this can send the wrong message to women by saying that it’s ok for a man to treat you a certain way because he is “handsome” or “rich” etc... definitely reinforcing that women should tolerate certain behaviors just to have a relationship with a man.
Fri, 02 Feb 2018 09:09:36 GMT
6. SO bad - SO cringey and boring. Couldn't even make it through the whole movie. Also, horrible casting and the girl was a terrible actress. And was I supposed to find the actor they cast as Mr Grey "intimidating"? Just LOL. Really unlikable characters and just a terrible movie. Don't waste your time or money. I feel like the only people who could like this are weird Twilight fans
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 05:36:41 GMT
7. Best Romance books ever! EL James...Bravo!! - Wonderful...
Five is Not enough stars..
It's the best...
It's not about the BDSM and that being a right thing because it's definitely not or about him being a Billionaire. It's about him being attracted to her enough to not even realize he is in Love with her and wants something besides just the BDSM and he doesn't realize that he is already in Love with her after first meeting her. He realizes how empty his life is because up to the time of meeting her he has not understood the true meaning of love. Because of his past his having a bad Mom who is a crack addict and then cruel stepfather's and beatings and torture then his Mom dies and he has to be in the house alone with her body before anyone finds him at the most tender and fragile of ages. Even when he ends up being adopted he does understand how to Love because he can't let go of his past/childhood & the Elena years. Then worse someone like Elena comes into his life and he was already terribly confused because of his childhood. And then what Elena tried to teach & tell him that BDSM was normal. Once he meets Anastasia he wants to have real Love and he realizes how futile and worthless the BDSM really is. He is beginning to realize You don't treat someone you love in that way. Anastasia teaches him all of this because she teaches him to communicate, how to understand his feelings and deal with his past. And I think she falls In love with him at first site. And then as she finds out more about him instead of being repulsed by his past/background and his being an orphan she just falls in Love with him all the more.
And then she realizes that helping him continue his dysfunctional relationships is not good for either of them especially him so she breaks it off for both of their sakes. I think it is wonderful that they get back together and find the true real meaning of Love..(You have to read it as a romantic would read it and you have to read all of the books. And you have to understand that the BDSM is only a small integral part of the plot to explain how the story begins, evolves and ends.)
Anastasia is ready for love when she meets Christian and once he meets her he realizes that loving her is the most important thing and that sex is a very important integral part of LOVE and that BDSM has no place in really loving someone. (You really see the this in Fifty Shades Darker on the sail boat when he teaches her to sail it and he tells her "He Loves seeing her so happy..That's when both we/he can tell he is truly in Love with her unselfishly..) Can't wait for the third Movie even though I already know the end from the book. Bravo EL James...Encore, Encore. Wish EL James could continue on further with this book.. I could say more but I will stop.. LIKE I SAID WONDERFUL!!
Fri, 16 Jun 2017 04:02:49 GMT
The battle of the sexes heats up in Columbia Pictures' comedy The Ugly Truth. Abby Richter (Katherine Heigl) is a romantically challenged morning show producer whose search for Mr. Perfect has left her hopelessly single. She's in for a rude awakening when her bosses team her with Mike Chadway (Gerard Butler), a hardcore TV personality who promises to spill the ugly truth on what makes men and women tick.
Release date: 2009-07-24 Genre:Comedy $4.99
1. Can't Decide - This movie is a bit crude, no doubt about it. For a "rom-com," it might be one that even a guy could like. The writing isn't great, and Heigl isn't the best actor out there, but she's also not the worse. A bit more development of the male lead character would have gone a long way toward helping this movie hit it's mark. As is, it's mediocre.
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 17:05:08 GMT
2. Definitely movie:) - I know society and morals are different in this day and age, but in my opinion unless you are married or been in a mature long relationship, you can't fully connect to the innuendos of this hilarious movie! Yes there is language, yes there is sex and sexual references but the characters are funny and relatable!! I love watching this with my hubby or my sister when we need a good laugh!!! Great rom-com!!!!:)
Sat, 03 Jan 2015 23:26:37 GMT
3. Not so bad, really. - I get that people are paid to write good reviews for movies. But, could people also get paid to write bad reviews for movies, too? Uh….. sure. I'm neither of those people. I"m a guy. And, I was looking for a comedy and came across this one and I thought I'd give it a try. It turns out, I actually enjoyed the movie. Those writing trash reviews saying the characters are stereotypical… well… I think that's the point. The whole plot of the movie revolves around the stereotypical characters. What may seem like a flaw in a movie, may in fact be the one thing that is important for people to see what a movie is all about, or what drives the movie. But if a person discounts that aspect as being stupid or something, then you probably won't enjoy the movie because you don't understand it. If you understand a movie, sometimes you will see that it's actually pretty good. I think there are a lot of movies that get lot in people's translations of the details. Anyways, the movie was funny. Warm-hearted and overall entertaining and very interesting.
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:20:44 GMT
4. Screw What Critics Say! - I've Been Watching This Movie Everynight For The Past - Weeks And I Still LOVE It! It Was Funny, Romantic, And It Sure Kept Me In Suspence. I Kept Tingling At The Parts Where Mike Looked/ Acted Jealous Of Colin And Abby. No One Should Dare To Bother Reading The Bad Reviews From People Here Because They Can't Appreciate This Movie. It Was Absolutely Fan-Tastic, And Always Will Be.
Mon, 07 May 2012 05:49:19 GMT
5. Here is the truth - Personally. I thought this was a cute movie. Though dumb at times, it makes you smile at the end and talks about the issues SOME people adress. It really made you hope that Katherine and Gerald would get togeether at the end. and the second to last scene(the big revealing one bbut not the ending one) makes you smile. Its a dirty movie but its funny and I would suggest it to anybody who wants to watch a dirty commedy. I am not being paid to right this as that tumbleweed person might say I would be, but I absolutly hate bad movies, and this is not on that list. It also goes with a bit of personal taste though. Hope this helps :)
Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:47:33 GMT
6. Not a bad movie, despite the overdone plot. - If you're looking for a movie with substance, this isn't the movie for you... then again, who in their right mind would buy or rent a romantic comey and expect something original and interesting?
Sure, there's a few creative ideas presented in the genre, but the genre primarily aims for a few cheap laughs and an "Aw" or two.. and that's what I wanted when I sat down to watch this movie. That being said, for a romantic comedy, this movie surprised me! It can be more widely enjoyed, I feel, than most films in it's category. Mike Chadway (Gerard Butler's character) provided the cheap laughs for the men, and when paired with Abby Richter (Katherine Heigl's character), they created "Aw"s and laughter for anyone! The movie is easily predicted, but it's done in a somewhat interesting way! The basis of the plot has been copied numerous times but the way it's executed is... well, cute!. The story, however, breathed a breath of fresh air into the somewhat stale "Opposites Attract" plot. Overall, it's an enjoyable movie! Was it an impressive theatrical movement? No... and the tough Rotten Tomatoes crictics review it like that's expected!
It's not a movie made to impress, as stated before, it's good for a laugh or two and a few "Aw"s.
I enjoyed it, it's what I was in the mood for, just make sure "Romantic Comedy" is your genre..
Sun, 26 Dec 2010 00:01:15 GMT
7. The BEST!!!!! Coming from a guy - Watch it!!!! I don't care if its on itunes, just WATCH IT!!!!
Ladies, if your looking for a chik flik you and your boyfriend will enjoy, get THIS ONE.
Best movie ever. My ultimate favorite. It is VERY bad language and sexual content wise. Not for the goodie goodie people. But other then that, i find this movie HILARIOUS!!! Five stars for sure. Critics never know what theyre talking about. Katherine Heigl is the funniest, and I never thought of Butler as such a notty guy, but props to him he is AMAZING!!! Got to watch I'm telling you!!!
Fri, 08 Oct 2010 09:25:33 GMT
8. The Ugly Truth is the truth!!!! - Love this movie! I have read practically all of the comments made towards this movie and to be honest, the title tells the truth! I honestly think that all of the comments made towards this movie are coming from those who are afraid to admit that they are these two characters! This movie made me laugh and even go "Awwwwwwww!". Yes, it's sexist but it's soo funny that you don't even think about it! Awesome movie! I would recommend it too all of my friends, family, and anyone who is interested in seeing this film!
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 23:22:20 GMT
The story of two North Carolina teens, Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan, who are thrown together after Landon gets into trouble and is made to do community service.
Release date: 2002-01-25 $4.99
Reuben Feffer (Ben Stiller) is a guy who's spent his entire life playing it safe. Polly Prince (Jennifer Aniston) is irresistible as a free-spirit who lives for the thrill of the moment. When these two comically mismatched souls collide, Reuben's world is turned upside down, as he makes an uproarious attempt to change his life from middle-of-the-road to totally-out-there! Along Came Polly is the most hilarious comedy smash to come along in years!
Release date: 2004-01-16 Genre:Comedy $4.99
1. Incredibly Witty and Hysterical - One of the few Ben Stiller movies I love (Tropic Thunder) being the other one. Philip Seymour Hoffman was brilliant in this movie and I die laughing anytime I watch it with all the stupid, yet incredibly funny scenes throughout the entire move. To end my review, “Rain Dance” "White Chocolate” Respect and remembrances to PSH - he was one of the best actors of my generation and his work will be greatly remembered fro many years to come. A must see for A PSH fan! Play those bagpipes from Crockateers in the sky buddy!
Wed, 05 Feb 2014 06:43:10 GMT
2. Entertainment for the Idiot Culture. - “We are in the process of creating what deserves to be called the idiot culture. Not an idiot sub-culture, which every society has bubbling beneath the surface and which can provide harmless fun; but the culture itself. For the first time, the weird and the stupid and the coarse are becoming our cultural norm, even our cultural ideal.” ― Carl Bernstein
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 03:06:04 GMT
3. Entertaining... a real COMEDY - I am very picky about comedies this one will make you laugh and you will enjoy it until the end! So that people understand what kind of taste I have here are comedies which I find personally also great : The Hangover, Liar-Liar, White Chicks, Just go with it, Tropic Thunder, Meet the Parents, Wedding Crashers etc. So i guarantee you, if you liked one of the movies which I have just mentioned you will like along came polly ;)
Wed, 03 Aug 2011 06:43:16 GMT
4. Great Comedy (one of Stiller's best) - I've seen it a thousand times and I just don't get tired of it.
I enjoy Ben Stiller's comedies very much. Jennifer Aniston is basicly herself (as always). But what gave this movie five stars is Philip Seymour Hoffman and Hank Azaria's characters, they are both amazing actors and very, very funny. You cannot not watch this one... Buy it... It's even better when you've seen it a few times.
Fri, 25 Mar 2011 05:04:39 GMT
5. A long came Polly - Some funny bits in this one. Seymour-Hoffman has some great moments, Azaria is great too, of course. Sometimes a little unrealistic in my taste...especially the bit with the toilet--not a big deal to ask for some toilet paper. A couple times it looked to me as though Aniston was having a hard time taking her lines seriously.
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:00:18 GMT
6. A True Delight - This is an absolutely delightful romantic comedy. Everyone is perfect in their rolls – what wonderful casting. Jennifer Aniston and Ben Stiller have great on-screen chemistry with each other. And there are some nice comic subtleties, like when Polly is serving wine and obliviously pours red wine into people's glasses who are drinking white. Hilarious. Philip Seymour Hoffman makes a great comic sidekick. Hank Azaria is perfect. And it's fun to see Michele Lee, haven't seen her in a while. Bottom line, if you like Jennifer Aniston or Ben Stiller or just enjoy romantic comedies, you won't be disappointed. Fun soundtrack, too. I wish iTunes had it.
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 21:43:35 GMT
7. This movie is soooo Hilarious - I have not rented movies from Itunes as yet, but seeing this movie available I definately will. "I fell outa my coach laughing, pressing replay after replay watching this movie for the first " especially at da Sharted Scene lol wow still crakin up! It's a definate must have. Ben Stiller is the bomb...
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 05:49:17 GMT
8. FINALLY! - HURRAY! I've been checking ever now & then for this movie & a few others on iTunes for over three years, & it's FINALLY available. Great movie that I can enjoy anytime, not feel committed to watch the whole thing or pick up from random spots to the end. EXACTLY what I look for in a movie to have on my iPod. Can't wait for the others to be available!
Sun, 08 Mar 2009 07:27:35 GMT
Writer-director Greta Gerwig (Lady Bird) has crafted a Little Women that draws on both the classic novel and the writings of Louisa May Alcott, and unfolds as the author’s alter ego, Jo March, reflects back and forth on her fictional life. In Gerwig’s take, the beloved story of the March sisters – four young women each determined to live life on their own terms – is both timeless and timely. Portraying Jo, Meg, Amy, and Beth March, the film stars Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Florence Pugh...
Release date: 2019-12-25 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. ANY other version of Little Women is better - Terrible dialogue. Terrible casting. Honestly, I wanted to like this one but it was evident about five minutes in that it would not be good. The characters are constantly interrupting each other because that is apparently the director’s style. Yeah… it came off as confusing and honestly, just bad. No effort seemed to be given into what the original story actually was. Not worth the watch.
Mon, 28 Mar 2022 06:40:10 GMT
2. This movie is awful - This movie is awful. In my opinion Greta can neither write nor direct and the editing of this movie is all over the place. If you can figure out what the plot of this movie is without having read the book (like myself) then I applaud you. The constant cuts to the flashbacks is jarring and seems to make no sense with the rest of the movie. All of the girls in the are one dimensional while also coming off as entitle spoiled brats. They claim to be poor yet their house, food, and surroundings seems to be more indicative of being more lower-middle class or just middle class. The language and some of their actions don’t match up with the time period this is supposed to be set it by any means. Also the actor who plays Laurie is dreadful in every role I’ve seen him in. Basically watching paint dry would be highly more interesting than this movie. Avoid at all costs.
Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:27:45 GMT
3. Makes no sense - I get this is a classic, and it is about the civil war which is one of my favorite periods in American history. Which is why I’m giving it a instead of a well that and Emma Watson. I may not agree with her on some things but the woman can act. But what irks me is that this movie seems to just be about Watson’s character whining about the patriarchy and how unfair life is for her and her sisters. While year old boys are getting shot, stabbed and blown apart. And they were the lucky ones. The rest of the boys died of infected wounds and if they didn’t get you I imagine the sheer shock of amputation with nothing but alcohol for anesthesia and pain management. And in the dog days of the war people just saved your arm off with no pain meds whatsoever because they were out of them. My ancestors fought on both sides of that horror. And they did so so This girl could complain. I understand that sexism isn’t cool. I understand why she’s frustrated I’ve experienced injustice myself. But it seems like they are trying to make the whole focus of the movie about how women back then had it worse than men. Which is simply NOT true. They only people who can claim that are black people because slavery. At least that’s what I think.
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 02:38:39 GMT
4. Men Know How Strong Women Are - This production was different, not better. It diverged from linear storytelling by interrupting with flashbacks. Quality acting, beautiful sets, & lush costumes. Greta Gerwig was wonderful, as was the actress who played her mother. However, some of these talented actors seemed miscast, which made their behavior/personality come off as inconsistent. It A beautiful film effort; with a script laden with emotion. If the director intended to improve upon this classic story to convey a stronger feminist message, it was unnecessary.
Thu, 14 May 2020 15:36:29 GMT
5. Not sure what to make of it? - I agree with the reviewers that have stated the movie is far superior. The acting was great in this film, but it felt like they time jumped a lot. That is to say that some of the speech and overall behavior of the characters were in the right time period but then would jump to in the most politically correct ways which felt very out of place. I didn't like that. I found it jolting and disorienting. I don't understand why it was titled Little Women if it doesn't follow the book? Are these plot lines actually part of the story? I don't remember a lot of them. I feel like it should have been titled differently because with the title Little Women you expect it to follow LMA's story closely and I feel like there were an awful lot of liberties.
Mon, 11 May 2020 05:07:02 GMT
6. Absolutely Despise This Remake!!!!!! To the th power - I’ve watched both the and the version witch happens to be my favorite. I find that all the “little women along with their mother “ are the fakes version of the characters they are portraying. I love each and everyone of these characters with their complexities, but on this new version they destroyed each and every character. I’m trying to make a new “women’s movement version” of little women they made a forced, annoying, even nauseating characters that are as deep as a pot hole on the road and as annoying. I think these actresses are good actors in other movies but in these roles they portrayed they seem like beginners, think were done a great injustice in wasting their talent in a terribly bad script. Shame on the rewriters and producers for doing such a bad Job!!!!! I’m sad, I’m trying to pretend I never saw it.
Fri, 08 May 2020 07:52:36 GMT
7. Not need for a remake - I was disappointed of this new version of the movie it change the classic to a prime tv show of this days, it was like watching a common series with a change of clothing and scenery, I know it was remake for the new generation but I prefer the original book version that I fall in love with.
Wed, 06 May 2020 22:04:00 GMT
8. It was just amazing - It was a very nice film and had sad and funny moments. It’s just full of amazing actors and how they all just make you feel these emotions. Well, like alway Saoirse Ronan was amazing, you could tell she always just embraces the her characters so well. It’s about time she deserves an academy award! Thanks for this amazing work of art
Tue, 05 May 2020 07:10:28 GMT
Rob Reiner's romantic comedy documents a very unusual couple. There's never been a friendship quite like Harry and Sally's. From faking an orgasm at the corner deli, to debating the odds of having great sex with a guy named "Sheldon", there's nothing Harry and Sally don't do together. Well, almost nothing…. At the start, they are two recent college graduates who meet while sharing a ride together from Chicago to New York. They decide that it is impossible for men and women to be "just friends,...
Release date: 1989-07-21 $4.99
1. Not the real movie - No Harry conick JR. His Music is totally replaced with boring elevator music. Apple is selling a fraudulent version. They know they are because the music was remove because of licensing issues. Don’t but this version. If you’re a fan of the actual movie, You’ll hate it too.
Sat, 29 Aug 2020 14:08:02 GMT
2. What happened to the music? - What happened to the music on this? A lot of the classic music was replaced by crappy music. For example at the end when Harry is wandering the city on New Year's Eve reminiscing about Sally, the orginial version and the DVD had Frnk Sinatra singing "It Had To Be You". Now there is some schmaltzy instrumental in place of Old Blue Eyes. It pulled me right out of the moment. There are many other songs that have been replaced, but this one is the worst.
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 19:11:02 GMT
3. Even By Today’s Standards... - this is the kinda film where you have to know the location to understand the characters. In this case, if you’v lived for any length of time in New York City you get their insecurities, anxiety and the fear of being alone in a city of millions. and while chemistry is everything in these slightly sickly sweet films of boy meets girl… over and over again, when it comes right down to it, Sleepless in Seattle did a much better job telling the story of two people falling in love.
Sat, 09 May 2015 04:07:35 GMT
4. CLASSIC Romantic Comedy (MUST SEE) - First, you've got Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan which already makes the film wonderful, as these are two classic actors that add LOTS of flavor and warmth to every movie they're in. Secondly, part of why this movie is funny is because a LOT of the dialogue between these two characters has a good deal of truth to it, which makes it funny. This is a sweet, funny, charming movie that is worth your time. These two actors make this film, and it's one you'll watch again and again. :)
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:03:36 GMT
5. Original - This is the original romantic comedy...therefore making this movie a classic and a must-see...the conversation about sex always being in the way is used in The Holiday...the orgasm at the table watch The Ugly Truth...at the end when billy crystal is saying all the little things about why he loves meg ryan...ALWAYS used in today's films...The parts when the older people are talking and then it goes back to the movie-He's Just NOT That Into You. I LOVE this movieso many good lines and great stories all in one movie! WATCH IT!!
Sun, 09 Aug 2009 04:22:24 GMT
6. When Harry Met Sally - This is a great movie. The hilarious friendship between Harry and Sally is inspiring. I personally wanted them to get together, but when they took their relationship to the next level, I was afraid that it wasn't meant to be. Sure enough, after the wedding of their friends, they fall in love. I was SOOOOO excited!! Love this movie!
Sat, 02 May 2009 17:06:37 GMT
7. A Delightful, Humorous Comedy - "When Harry Met Sally..." is a classic 's comedy most people enjoyed in the end. It reflects upon the story of Harry, a sarcastic, laid back college student and Sally, a perfected, uptight aspiring journalist who meet through a friend of Sally's, who was, at the same, dating Harry when the two of them met. They take one infamous road trip from Chicago to New York assuming that they will never see one another again, though through a period of every few years, they somehow bump into one another at the most unlikely places, at the most unlikely times. Eventually, Harry and Sally eventually develop a strong, trustful friendship with one another where they share stories of their love lives, careers and the future. It's a very moving film, though has a very simple concept to it - two young people who were just meant to be with each other.
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 02:37:22 GMT
8. Finally! - My all-time favorite movie! Every few weeks since movies have been available on iTunes I've checked to see if WHMS was available and it finally is. I watch it at least once a year and now that it's available anytime I want on my iPhone I'll probably watch a few more times a year. Buy the anniversary DVD to find out more about the making of the movie...
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:13:58 GMT
Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson return as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades Freed, the climactic chapter based on the worldwide bestselling “Fifty Shades” phenomenon. Bringing to a shocking conclusion events set in motion in 2015 and 2017’s blockbuster films that grossed almost $950 million globally. Believing they have left behind shadowy figures from their past, newlyweds Christian and Ana fully embrace an inextricable connection and shared life of luxury. But just as s...
Release date: 2018-02-09 $9.99
1. It's not even sexy anymore! - Alright people let's get this straight Fifty Shades Freed stinks at every level i mean this franchise is worth not telling to audiences and women alike. I understand Women like this movie because the main character is hot and they can live the fantasy of in a good relationship, love and money of course! Freed dosen't live up to the hype and the worst out of the series all of the romance and chimestry is godawful. I don't care if they payed $ to make Jamie Dornan naked what a embrassment he should be framed and frauded so yeah live the dream woman you like hot men got watch this movie i don't like it.
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 04:39:24 GMT
2. why? - i’m seeing so many bad reviews, yes. the movies can be better of course, but they weren’t horrible. personally i don’t like dakota as ana. they could’ve gone for ashley benson. the chick was obsessed with wanting dakota’s role. the movies, however, weren’t bad at all. i liked it. again they could improve cause they missed A WHOLE LOT of scenes. but we can’t change it. so we must put up with what the crew chose. so i think they did the best they could.
Sat, 18 Apr 2020 00:46:50 GMT
3. Honestly I love it - To begin I really loved all of the movies from shades. I honestly think you’ll only love it if your into that stuff. I love the fact that the second movie was when it got things prepared for this last movie, other wise it would of been all just about sex which gets boring don’t eat me wrong though.
Sun, 30 Dec 2018 02:25:53 GMT
4. A Study on Love When it Works! - Yes it may be a little "surface" but just like the Twilight series, its intent is to draw us in with the elixir of human desire between a guy and girl and balance it with true romance. So many of these reviews must be written by bitter, poisoned souls who either lack or have given up on love. Please see it through romantic eyes. If not, then why did you watch it in the first place?
Sat, 10 Nov 2018 20:22:30 GMT
5. garbage - those that gave it stars are simply proof positive that many many people out there have no earthly idea what quality story telling or movie telling is. This was awful from start to finish, like the other . Bad acting, no chemistry between the characters, ridiculous plot lines, boring, not sexual or sensuous given the story matter.... just all around bad. Don't waste your time or money. I'm also beginning to wonder how many Apple employees are asked to write reviews for movies, mainly those that get hammered by the critics and are really bad, given the fact that many reviews here (and they just happen to be some of the star reviews) are posted on dates when the movie has barely been out in the theater for long and definitely hasn't been released on itunes yet. What a bunch of garbage
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 04:47:21 GMT
6. So emotional - Omg I got super emotional when they were fighting about the baby! It seems all to true in real life. Though when Mia got taken away I thought Anna should have told Christian what was going on, it would have made no difference, but I get the theatrical reasons, and why they did it that way. Love this move though.
Sat, 09 Jun 2018 18:08:07 GMT
7. These reviewers must be high - There’s nooooo way in the world anyone who honestly saw this movie actually enjoyed it. It was all over the place, anti climatic, and boring. It doesn’t in no way compare to the first two at all!! If you didn’t pay to go see this, like I didn’t, seriously save your money.
Tue, 15 May 2018 10:28:02 GMT
8. This movie was STUPID... - ... plot was all over th place, absoultely no direction with the characters, silly and BORING, lacking chemstry between the main characters, dull, pointless and STUPID. It was horrendous... I didn't red the books but my word if they are anything like these movies (especially this disaster) then steer clear.
Sat, 12 May 2018 19:30:56 GMT
It’s the summer of 1983 in Italy, and Elio (Chalamet), a precocious 17-year-old, spends his days in his family’s villa transcribing and playing classical music, reading and flirting with his friend Marzia. One day, Oliver (Hammer), a charming American scholar arrives as the annual summer intern tasked with helping Elio’s father, an eminent professor. Elio and Oliver discover the heady beauty of awakening desire over the course of a summer that will alter their lives forever.
Release date: 2017-11-24 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. English? - Good movie so far but zero stars for apple delivering only the Italian version. Where the flip is the English? Update: Apple TV language settings are stupidly not available while you’re watching the movie but you have to exit the movie and change the language in Apple TV’s global settings. Once that’s fixed the movie will play in English.
Sun, 06 Mar 2022 06:03:31 GMT
2. - That was the year this came out, when I just turned years old to be exact. This book and movie has caught my attention like no other. The way it speaks to you and how it has you feeling is something I couldn’t forget, now. I’m rereading the book and waiting to watch the movie again, something that lives with me that’ll never forget….. call me by your name and I’ll call you by mine
Mon, 18 Oct 2021 21:26:47 GMT
3. Typical Hollywood - Justifying sex with underage boys, couldn’t be more fitting for Hollywood. Anyone that reads the storyline or watches the trailer and is intrigued enough to actually watch the movie, has a morality problem. It is not a love story. You want a love story, watch Titanic, not some pre pubescent predatory pedo flick.
Sun, 02 May 2021 14:35:33 GMT
4. Unforgettable - This movie showed me how to really feel what love is, and how much pressure it gave Eliot. The settings were perfect on spot for the scene as almost like they were made for it. I’ve read all these comments how they say it promotes pedophilia but this movie is based in Italy. Italy’s age dating restriction is & under which means it’s okay to date when your above & above, America’s rules don’t apply to every country. The society taught and gave us standards that we live up in America. When you go outside America, the rules that have been placed in America doesn’t always apply everywhere.
Fri, 19 Mar 2021 04:16:36 GMT
5. Amazing Film - This movie means so much to me, It shows love in such a passionate but subtle way but on the other hand it shows heartbreak, guilt and confusion. Elio is going through his last stages of his teenage life looking into adulthood and Oliver becomes his way of expressing how he feels. He feels a sense of comfort in Oliver, and when he leaves you get to see his heartbreak and his confusion as why life would let him go through such a good time to only end in him feeling such immense pain. You get to see the way Elio warms up to Oliver and start to not only consider him a friend, but someone he can confide in. I have watched lots and lots of movies but this one is definitely different. It makes you really feel the emotions of the characters but not by way of telling you, but in the films slow panning shots and more in depth shots of the characters faces and expressions to relay how they are feeling. The way that the color schemes are presented in certain scenes adds the emotion Elio & Oliver are feeling. This movie can be reflected to many aspects of life, wondering why we have such good times only to end in feeling sad, gloomy and in the case of this movie nostalgic of something you have never felt before. This movie is an eye opener into not only what a film can be but what emotions and feelings a movie can relay onto someone. I would % recommend this film to everyone, It is not something you want to miss out on.
Sun, 14 Feb 2021 09:58:57 GMT
6. Memories from the past - I saw this movie now quite a few times and it touched me every time.
I lived the same story when I was years old (many years ago) and felt the same way as Elio, never thought it was wrong or he was too old for me, it was all about those moments spent together and the chemistry we had.
I know some people think that it is wrong but at the end it is about people who know what they are doing and feeling, there is no victims or abuse here....only love.
Mon, 25 Jan 2021 04:29:12 GMT
7. I wish I could watch this for the first time again. - Just perfect. Such a special movie. Many great visuals. All the characters are so unique. There are scenes that warmed the core of my soul. Call Me By Your Name is an exceptionally heartwarming and tear jerking story. The sacred dynamic and experiences that the main characters had left me so incredibly happy for them. Their vulnerability triggers all of one’s empathy. Among my highest priorities is scheduling a day to watch Luca Guadagnino’s sequel as soon as it may or may not come out.
Mon, 28 Dec 2020 01:53:08 GMT
8. Disgusting - However you want to spin this as “art”or a “masterpiece”. This absolutely immoral and disgusting to promote pedophilia in any way shape or form as a norm. There is nothing good about this film, this is not love but the perversion of love. God didn’t not make men to lay with men. Nor a man with a minor, truly man has done what’s right in their own eyes and will be judged by their sins.
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 03:56:35 GMT