Release date: 1941-05-01 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. Movie Magic! - It's not too often that i leave a review, Thou today has got to be one of those day's, For the first time in my life, Viewing this film from some odd year's ago, Stupendously Marvelous! I will be coming back for more, As long as they are this Great, ( Which modern technology cannot even touch such Superiority!) No Hi-Fi, No -D, Nor no Special effects can even touch this hidden Gem in the rough! A Must See T.V. Added note's- A Meryl Streep look a-Like in this film- Meaning What goes around- Truly does come back around! it is a small world after all! Worth the buy in my eye's!
2. The best film of all time - I first saw this film for a cinema college course. I didn’t quite grasp what a fantastic and outstanding film this was until several repeat viewings. It is a masterclass in writing, cinematography, editing, lighting and acting. A true classic that deserves all the accolades received throughout the years. A must have for any film collection.
3. Without a Doubt the Greatest American Film Ever (v ) - So much is made (and rightly so) of the stunning cinematography techniques behind Citizen Kane, the screenplay (which won the film’s only Academy Award), and Welles’ masterful work behind and in front of the camera, that the central achievement of the film is easily obscured. In Citizen Kane, Orson Welles presents an extremely rich, complex, and layered portrayal of a rags to riches magnate, a man whose wealth and lifestyle most of us in our meagre worldly lives could never relate to, a man who inspires love and loyalty, yet who abuses both in nearly every relationship he has, and yet Welles somehow succeeds in making this man, this Charles Foster Kane, into THE modern Everyman, pathos flooding out of every scene, so overwhelming the viewer that we are compelled to watch it again and again and again. Watch it anew, and consider the moment of your own death, and what possible wasteland of your own personal ‘Xanadu’ decays around you, and ponder carefully the real, lasting achievement of Citizen Kane.
4. Actually Quite Amazing - Changed (Updated my review after watching the Bogdanavich explanation in iTunes extra & seeing what amazing things that Wells accomplished in production of this film. Maybe the actual story could have been a bit more detailed and thorough, but it was still very good & an amazing produciton. Also, when these Directors/others do these 'talk alongs' I wish that they could pause the movie or not talk as much so you can also watch the movie as you listen to them. . I could see how many might rave about the visual effects & the scene techniques and other aspects of the film but it does not draw me in and make me love the picture like Rear Window or Third Man(was great to me), or other fine films of that era that I have purchased lately. I remember renting this years ago & I cut it off early on, because(spoiler) - the early big news of Charles Kane's death drags on & on so much that it is nearly ad nauseam. When they get to the story and flash backs that is when the story gets very interesting, but I wish it had just stuck to only one or flashbacks. It almost felt like the Ghost of Christmas Past or something similar. The story is quite dramatic and interesting but much more sad than happy, in fact a tradegy that many can relate. Funny that I watched this yesterday, on a day where some mega rich person(must be) paid a whopping $ million! for a DaVinci portrait of Jesus Christ; you think when that dude gets to Heaven, that even Jesus might laugh at him?....lol. Better off with the money or giving it to the poor!
5. TMZ - Citizen Kane is a cinematic version of TMZ. The entire movie is a bunch of news hounds trying to figure out the meaning of the last words of Charles Foster Kane, a reclusive newspaper tycoon. From a story point of view it's TMZ trash. From a cinematogprahic point of view it's ground braking for it's time.
6. Rosebud? - You may THINK you know the 'meaning' of "Rosebud," but do you know what is the purported 'real' reason why, of all the words in the English language, Welles chose that particular word as the crux of this classic story? If you do, you'll know the intriguing, and perhaps real historical meaning of 'Rosebud.'
7. This is for the extras - Please note that although the film is undoubtedly excellent the claim that the extras are complete for this edition is somewhat misleading. In doing so it invites direct comparison with it's Blu-Ray edition which further includes two feature length documentaries. What's left are two commentaries and a fluttering of very short featurettes. I call upon iTunes to enable us to view what the entirety of the extras are prior to purchase and to put increasing pressure on the distributors to make their digital releases match their physical in terms of content and quality.
8. An all around great film - I think most that rated it low just didn't understand the films narrative at all,but that's ok. I'm sure theres plent of MLP stuff for them and Michael Bay films elsewhere.It's also a masterpiece of cinematography.I'llend with an excerpt by Ebert. “Citizen Kane” knows the sled is not the answer. It explains what Rosebud is, but not what Rosebud means. The film's construction shows how our lives, after we are gone, survive only in the memories of others, and those memories butt up against the walls we erect and the roles we play. There is the Kane who made shadow figures with his fingers, and the Kane who hated the traction trust; the Kane who chose his mistress over his marriage and political career, the Kane who entertained millions, the Kane who died alone. - Roger Ebert
Release date: 1974-02-07 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. Hailrious and very well intended - Blazing Saddles looks fake as anything but this movie is so funny that's it's a warner bros mistake. Sure Blazing Saddles is racist and very offenisve but it bascially works like this. I love all the jokes and well written characters that are intersesting to look it. I enjoyed this spoof movie in the end you think that this movie is builttproof and very well-written.
2. Politic Correct is BS ! - If you are tired of political correctness, ie you have a sense of humor, then this is the movie for you. It was made for men and women with guts. It pokes holes in the sacred cows of liberalism. How much better would it have been if they left in the “real zingers” that they allegedly took out? If you can’t laugh at it this movie then you are a meow meow.
3. What about Young Frankenstein?! - Blazing Saddles is a great movie and all, but what about Young Frankenstein? Doesn’t it deserve to be on iTunes and have a full-length motion picture soundtrack? ESPECIALLY, when it’s years since its initial release? What? Is Mel Brooks or th Century Fox waiting another years for its th anniversary? And, even more, are they gonna give John Morris his proper due for composing the soundtrack? Come on!!! I’m not only one thinking about this, right?
4. Blazing Great! - Priceless. That’s all I got to say. We open with a nice Western ballad, followed by the craziest Western film ever made. Basically, Attorney General Hedley Lamarr (Harvey Korman) wants to destroy a small town named Rock Ridge. To get the town out of his way, he decides to appoint a black sheriff to said town because people would chase him out (it was ) because they’d be offended by him. So he sends Bart (Cleavon Little) a railroad worker he decided not to have hung in order to achieve this. Bart’s rejected by the town as Lemarr and Governor Le Petomane (Mel Brooks) predicted, but after Bart meets the “Waco Kid,” (Gene Wilder) they work together to get the townsfolk (aka, the Johnson family) to save the town in one of the most wild, wildly hilarious, high flying ist, rootin-tootin Westerns ever made, thanks to Mel Brooks’ sense of humor, turning the genre on its head like he would with sci-fi in Spaceballs years later, and of course, breaking the fourth wall, a part of which brings up my only problem I can’t discuss without spoilers. Bart and “Waco Kid” prove to be a dynamic duo who clearly don’t take anything seriously in this unserious world they create. Cleavon Little and Gene Wilder make for hilarious comedy that doesn’t even have to play the race card (much). They do their bits and become best friends in a semi-believable manner in this fast paced comedy that doesn’t need to be perfectly coherent. The soundtrack also sets the hilarious mood with John Morris’ zippy tunes that stay true to the Western genre. The humor was highly controversial in theory, but hilarious in practice. Don’t try these words at home or out in the streets, or anywhere except if you’re watching this movie and are saying it in anticipation of hearing the line. If you take out the offensive stuff, you won’t have a movie, this stuff is comedy gold. It’s meant to be offensive, it’s to make fun of how brutal the Wild West really was, and how it was glorified in Westerns of old. So heads up: there are a lot of slurs and a few swears here and there, so you probably didn’t come across this channel surfing, or if you did, then the point was lost. Anyway, Blazing Saddles, hilarious comedy, check it out, now if you’ll excuse me, I got a review to read within this review.
5. one of the worst comedies of all time - i watch this movie and was realy excited to see it because i heard it's one of the best. i was not impresse d. the best movie of all time is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Blazing saddles sucked, it wasnt even that funny. i laughed probeley twice. dont wast your money.
6. Masterpiece - One of the best movies I have ever had the pleasure of laughing at. Blazing Saddles could not be made today, with everyone so sensitive about things in the world today, a movie like this would have endured criticisim. But, I as an African American, can see the humor in it and can take it for what it is, comedy gold.
7. "What In The Wide Wide World Of Sports Is A-Goin - I love this movie. It has all the right jokes that make viewers fall out of their seats laughing their heads off every time they watch it. From scenes such as the "Camptown Ladies," "The Sheriff Is Near," "Excuse Me While I Whip This Out," "Candygram For Mongo," "Where's My Froggy?," "The French Mistake," and who could forget the farting cowboy scene. Bottom line, there will be something for everyone in this classic film.
8. Blazing Saddles - I saw this several times in the theaters and drive-ins in . Then, it was one of the first three or four movies I bought on video tape when I got my first VCR (Betamax). Outrageously crude, rude and socially unacceptable yet, it's the funniest movie ever made. (Airplane is a close second in my view.) It's true it can be construed as quite racist and politically incorrect by today's standards (even by yesterday's standards--to a degree) but the biggest joke is that Bart is the smartest person in the film. The only thing iTunes could add to make this better is the 'th Anniversary Edition which has remastered video and an outstanding Dolby Digital . ("stereo") soundtrack (the original was only in mono)--it's dramatically better all around. But regardless, a great purchase.
Release date: 1988-04-16 Genre:Anime $9.99
1. Emotional - I remember I was really young in elementary school, probably rd grade, and my mom didn't realize this movie was as serious as it is, she just thought it was a cartoon so it'd be funny. She rented it for me and I watched it, and I remember crying so much because it was so sad. I recently rewatched this and recognized its power and how moving it is. I definitely would recommend this movie to anyone who likes more serious and emotional Animes, or movies centered around the historical WWII era. Just, don't let your young kids watch it haha
2. A beautiful and tragic story of children - I have seen many films, and this is by far my favorite. Towards the end of WW, Japan was attacked by the US, creating problems for the Japanese. Seita and Setsuko lived with their aunt but left do to her awful attitude towards them and her stealing their food for her and her own family. The children begin to survive on their own, and because food is hard to come by and nobody would sell any to them, they have to survive. They had money, but nobody would sell food which is why Seita never bought any, and that's something people who watched this were very ignorant about since war shortened the people's supplies. Seita wasn't prideful or stupid, he just couldn't get any food since it was unavailable and they couldn't go back to their aunt because she likely wouldn't have let them come back. This was a beautiful and sad film that must be seen by everyone.
3. Haunting and Beautiful. A Masterpiece - This movie certainly redefines the boundaries and emotions you would ever expect from a anime film. As emotional and moving as any drama. Unflinching in the moments the characters suffer. Unflinching in the callousness and fragility of society and humanity. There is no shock or suddenness. But simply patient pathos and tragedy. Weakness, desperation, indifference, and inequality are subtlety laid bare for the viewer to form their own reactions and relations.
4. Great movie, well made... - I was hoping this movie would appear in the iTunes catalog. And I'm so glad I got my hands on this one. "Grave of the Fireflies" is, so far, the only Studio Ghibli film I purchased off of iTunes.
This English dubbed version is really good. However, the subtitles do not match with the spoken dialogue (probably because the subtitles were taken from another English dub or the original Japanese version). Anyway, this movie has decorative backgrounds and character designs. And everything is very emotional too. The process of how Setsuko and Seita tried to survive the air raids, and the independent living after several days of being with their aunt's. Very emotional.
But the only thing that's missing is the original Japanese audio track. If iTunes goes and makes a Ghibli film available, a Japanese audio track is supposed to be added so audiences can hear the film in its original language and compare two language tracks.
But other than that, "Grave of the Fireflies" is a really good movie.
Yes, I hope Apple releases all Studio Ghibli films in the catalog because this one is the only I could find so far. One time, Miyazaki's "Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro" was on iTunes until it vanished. I hope Disney and Studio Ghibli allow all these films to be released digitally. It's time to bring these films back. And also, "From Up on Poppy Hill," "The Tale of Princess Kaguya," "When Marnie was There," and "Only Yesterday" should be added.
5. Better dubbed - I watch many different foreign films and I find this dubbed version to be wholly adequate to the subtitled. I may be one of the minority but I always find that subtitles distract me away from the story. That being said this is a movie that everyone should experience even though it is technically an anime movie. It is not only a story about innocence lost but about pride as well. Sad but like any good story it has something bigger to say.
6. Still Good, though dubbed - I never seen the subtitled version but many people have said that the dubbed version isn’t good. Perhaps if one saw the subbed version, either before or after this version, ones opinion would be different. Basically, if you hadn’t seen the subbed version this movie is still rather enjoyable.
7. Beautiful film - This is one of the best films I have ever seen, particularly for an animation. If I had anything to complain about it’s that it’s a dubbed version. Frankly I would rather that foreign language films and shows that have been dubbed have both audio and subtitles because sometimes I would like to watch the native language. And with luck this is the beginning of all Ghibli coming to iTunes
8. Yay!!! - Finally ITunes came out with a Studio Ghibli movie, so happy! I was about to buy the disk online but when I herd it was coming to iTunes I pre-ordered it, and was not disappointed. I've watched most of the studio ghibli movies and this was one of my favorite although it was really sad at times. I Hope for more studio ghibli!!
Release date: 1965-03-29 Genre:Musicals $7.99
1. Phenomenal, amazing inside and out - Wow. The music is incredible, the storyline is incredible, the dancing and movement is incredible, and the whole overall movie is just breathtaking. This is one of my family’s favorites and one of my personal favorites. It is a very magical movie, teeming with life and a flashy story. I can’t stop singing these songs and am truly floored by this incredible piece of artwork. The Sound of Music is amazing, incredible, awesome, and deserves the highest esteem a movie can attain. This is a true classic, worthy of every dollar you pay for it. Every person who likes movies should watch it. It deserves an award. I can’t stop smiling after I watch this movie. Only Julie Andrews could play Maria's part so well, and the incredible romantic theme is just great. I love this movie all around, and it is one of the top best I’ve ever seen.
2. Uh-mazing - LOVE ITT!! WATCHED IT TIMES THIS MONTH AND IM ADDICTED!!! THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUUUUUUSICCCC Yes I’m and I don’t care, I don’t want the world to change into a place that doesn’t include music like this. It’s disappointing to compare to today, million people liking a picture of an egg. Anyways love it, rip Charmian and heather and love u Julie!!!
3. Best Movie Ever Made - For me to say that is truly a miracle, as I am not the top lover of musicals, but this feature musical film is the best movie ever made, in my opinion. In fact, I had not even watched it since the 's (in full) and just finished it for the first time since in June . Even after not seeing it since that long, many of the songs came back to me, as if it was yesterday. How about that incredible voice of July Andrews, and some of the others. Even, "I am , going on " or similar by a boy, was top notch, and that is my not me (a tough guy) to like such. Much of it brought tears to my eyes, thinking what a great influence it was, to the most positive attitudes as an example, to even July praying on her knees. Of course just a film, and many would love to have such a life. Sad to see or hear that the oldest daughter (in real life) has already passed away, but wow, what a long life Julie and Christopher (and career) they both have had, especially Mr. Plummer. A must buy, and greatful I picked it up at only $. not so long ago. Enjoy!
4. One of the all time best movies! - This is the bar for which all musicals should be compared for! By far the greatest musical ever made. And to boot for, a movie that showcases great storytelling, cinematography, art direction, costumes, plus the wonderful direction of Mr Wise. You will be for a treat with the amazing cast headed by the wonderful and superb tour de force by Ms Andrews who not only chews the scenes but also shines as the lovely sans "rebellious" nun Maria, you'll be delighted by the masterful commanding acting of Mr Plummer who gives life to Mr von Trapp, but gives him a dimension a heart that makes you see that this man has a humanity inside. The supporting cast is amazing including the kids (the kids will steal your heart). All, as the movie will teach you, are "some of my favorite things"! I'm super glad is now on digital format and cannot wait to get it!
5. Waste of Money - I bought this movie, mostly because I am in a play and need to study, I bought the movie, and it asked me to grant my account permission. I did that no problem, but then it asked me to "download from app store" and I thought it would download the movie. It downloaded two apps automatically and my $ is wasted.
6. I really like it but why should I buy it - I watched like two min of it in music class and I loved it. I looked for it on Netflix on the internet then I came here. (I came her cause the Internet and on the Internet it said I could rent it) I looked and no renting and no SD only one price so I'm not giving you my money. All I was doing was a movie marathon now I can't continue. (I'm also not buying it cause I usually only watch a movie once)
7. Forever Love The Sound of Music - There is never a moment where I am not happy watching this film. My grandmother introduced it to me before I can even remember, and I will share it with my grandchildren, and they will share it with theirs. It is a timeless film, filled with good feelings, which is hard to find nowadays.
Release date: 1947-11-13 Genre:Drama $9.99
Release date: 1986-06-11 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. Ferris bulers day off - This movie is amazing!a little inopropriate if you know what I mean but I mean awesome!The most popular scenes in my opinion are at the pool,Cameron destroying his dads car, and at the rally when Ferris sings. I love that quote at the end, “life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around every once and a while, you might miss it.”Ferris Bulers day off Is the best movie ever!
2. It's so hot outside but this movie changed my life - Ferris Bueller's Day off is the perfect example of how to take a friend road trip to chicago and do friend to friend things. It's funny and entertaining so as the beautiful sets and costume designs are all perfect in this quark son of a gun comedy.
3. Great movie. But, - I think it’s stupid that they never released the soundtrack to this movie. It’s not like we’re going to be listening to the soundtrack over and over and over and over again constantly. There’s other music we can listen to. Thus it won’t get boring. Maybe they’ll come out with it on the th year anniversary of the film. One that won’t be a limited edition.
4. Timeless Classic - This hilarious masterpiece is my favorite of John Hughes' work. I shall quote another great movie in saying "Just once I want my life to be like an 's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life." Easy A
5. New Favorite! - The story and characters are fantastic! Cameron is so funny due to his reactions in the scenarios he is put in by his friend Ferris who is carefree and is so charming while doing it. Sloane is elegant and beautiful and brings out a sincere, loving side of Ferris.
The relationships in the movie are what really hooked me. Ferris doting on Sloane is absolutely adorable. Then the contrast between Ferris and Cameron’s personalities is a great balance for their friendship to be played out on-screen.
Release date: 2004-02-25 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. iTunes & Apple TV Extras and K needed - This is a powerful story of the Crucifixion of Jesus and good movie, but as an improvement, can you guys add iTunes & Apple TV Extras for this movie such as the audio commentaries and behind-the-scenes features of the Definitive Edition along with the recut version and also upgrade to K? I found on the home video releases of the film they have the Special Features on home video releases but not on iTunes and Apple TV. This is really annoying when the Special Features appear in the Home Video releases of movies but not on iTunes as iTunes & Apple TV Extras. I also remember that before they took it off iTunes, THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST had iTunes & Apple TV Extras from the Definitive Edition. I think it’s time that Apple TV and iTunes should make it mandatory for all movies that came with Special Features on home video be released on iTunes as Apple TV & iTunes Extras as well. Can you guys please add iTunes & Apple TV Extras for this movie such as the audio commentaries and behind-the-scenes features along with the recut version and also upgrade to K so people can see behind-the-scenes of how movies are made?
2. Disturbing - Firstly, this film isn’t Anti-Semitic. Not even close. Secondly, this film is quite possibly on par with Schindler’s List for containing the most realistically disturbing violence on film I have ever seen. Very sad movie, and one that won’t leave you happy. It was a very well acted, which made it that much harder to watch. Jim Cavaziel’s Jesus was very well done and his Gethsemane scene was very painful to see. Before you watch this, go see South Park’s Passion of the Jew first. That way you’ll watch it with a humble heart
3. Indescribably Beautiful… - A superb film artistically, theologically and narratively. Brutal, beautiful and life-changing. This film did in fact change the course of my life. A sacred, sacramental work of art. Bravo to Gibson, Caveizel Deschanel and all involved. I have no doubt God is pleased by this faithful and fearless rendering of the most significant event in human history.
4. Best visual representation of Christ's sufferings - If it makes you feel sorrow, its doing its job, no film can show how much Christ suffered enough, and this film is one of the best visuals we can get. Yes he suffered this much and more and we need to be reminded of that, if you feel guilt you should, we all should, we caused this anyways. This is what was nescessary to save us. Seeing Mary is great as well, to see how much she suffered.
5. Most successful horror movie of all time - Don’t let your Christian faith guilt you into convincing yourselves you liked this torture porn. Mel Gibson did a great job directing but if you’re going to tell the story of Jesus, is the brutal relentless torture of Jesus for two hours the story we really want to see and pretend we want to rewatch ever again. This is the most successful horror movie ever.
6. Wow - This is as close to the reality of pain and heartbreak Jesus subjected Himself to for us that we can experience visually. It’s hard to watch knowing that my sin, our sin, is the reason He had to die this horrific death. I’m eternally grateful He is risen and death no longer has a grip on life for those in Jesus.
7. A Fantastic Portrayal of Christ’s Passion - Few movies come from Hollywood that take Christianity seriously. Mel Gibson however provides a powerful exception. With emotional historical accuracy along with amazing screenplay and storytelling, The Passion of the Christ brings the final hours of Jesus’ life to your screen.
8. What makes this movie special... - What makes this movie special was: () it came out a few years after our country suffered one of the greatest tragedies on our soil, . () We were at war in the Middle East, our military family members were being sent away. The st century started out in vunerability, turmoil, and despair. This film, independently supported by a well-known actor/director, re-ignited a spiritual flame in people struggling to understand our world at that time through the religious lens. God Bless this movie and our country. Can't wait for the sequel, 'The Resurrection.'
Release date: 1994-07-06 Genre:Drama $16.99
1. Literally the best movie ever. - I simply love it.
I mean, it has all of my favorite genres combined, plus more. War, history, drama, romance, a bit of comedy, and this is such a heartfelt movie. Inspirational even. It also just shows how turbulent the decade of the s through the s were. The moon landing, the Vietnam war, JFK's assassination, and a lot more. It also amazed me on how they were able to film the part where Forrest met with president Kennedy. I mean, he was dead when this movie was made, so was it like a green screen or CGI? I mean, this is such a well made movie. Though I kind of wish it gave us some background on Jenny's dad. I know he was abusive, but like what did he do? I just love every last bit of this movie. I could write and entire essay on how much I love this movie.
2. The most INANE movie I’ve ever seen... - The last time I boarded a plane, I made SURE I got a window seat. It was a clear, gorgeous day. I was ready with my camera. We get up in the air and stewardess announces to lower our window shades. We were going to see a movie. ”WHAT? Are you crazy? The view is perfectly clear. The United States is passing underneath us! The mountains look like frosted cookies! “And you want to show a movie? Are you some kind of lunatic?” They put on Forrest Gump! “I hate this movie! It is so exceedingly STUPID! Forrest is supposed to be mentally challenged but he talks in complex sentences!” “Life is like a box of chocolates...” Tell your son, Sally, all he has to do is turn over the chocolate and you can see what is inside!” Frosted cookies! I wouldn’t wish this movie on ANYone! I lifted my shade!
3. Forrest Gump changed my life - Forrest Gump that starrs the one and only Tom Hanks is the most heartfelt movies i have seen all year. Forrest Gump is about this audtistic man who comes from being a everyday man into a modern generation which is the best character development in have seen in a film thus far. Tom Hanks gives a fantastic performence as Forrest Gump as we see him go from vitenam to riding boats, Bubba Shrimp, running the world all those things repersent a regular normal guy and all those things Forrest Gump does is memeorable and fantastic. This film is well-written, well shot, brilliantly acted and directed i highly recommend Forrest Gump if you love it or not it's a heartbreaker.
4. Still the Berst Movie Ever - I have watched this movie for at least the th time and nothing compares. Albeit, I have been a Godfather and Godfather II faithful forever. But when it comes to downs and ups this movie lifts you like nothing else. So in order Forrest Gump. Godfather II and The Godfather in that order.
Release date: 1981-06-12 Genre:Action & Adventure $16.99
1. THE BEST MOVIE IN THE UNIVERSE! - This movie is definitely five stars it is the best Steven Spielberg movie ever created! It is so funny when he says “Snakes why did it have to be snakes!” Classic! Love the part with the mummies and the part where he drives that truck! I love the music to! I even have it on a record I love the music that much!
2. What makes this great - I love old serials and when they made this, they did something loyal to serials, every stunt is humanly possible and doesn’t violate the laws of physics. This was forgotten in all the sequels, starting with cars jumping off tracks, flying over a large gap, then landing on tracks - to the moronic refrigerator .
3. Why does it have to be... lizards? - Just watched the preview.: "Why do they have to be snakes". They're not Indy, they are legless lizards. Why would they use legless lizards? I know this is considered a classic but I hate when movies do stuff like this. Totally takes me out of my momentary suspension of disbelief.
4. PURE FUN. - There are some movies that are just so much fun to watch. Raiders of the Lost Ark is definitely one of them. Everything about this movie is just fantastic. It’s perfect! There’s nothing wrong with it! The acting, the dialogue, the music... if you haven’t seen this movie yet and you’re looking for something to do Saturday night, do yourself a favor and watch Raiders of the Lost Ark.
5. I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!! - Grab your popcorn, turn down the lights, and get ready for... Raiders of the Lost Ark!
minutes of sheer cinematic brilliance: Harrison Ford’s acting, John Williams’s music, Steven Spielberg’s directing, Lawrence Kasdan’s script... hell, even the visual effects are astounding, and it’s ! This is one of the best films of the s. You want fun? Well, you got it!
6. This movie is great - This movie is great, fun, exciting, entertaining, action packed, adventure, and awesome. I love this movie so much. I love all of the characters in this movie. I love Harrison Ford as the hero Indiana Jones, and Marry in this movie together. I love Harrison Ford in any movie he is in. Harrison Ford is a great actor. Harrison Ford is one of my all time favorite actors ever. It is one of my all time favorite movies ever.
7. Indiana Jones is Non-Stop Awesome - Raiders is a very amazing movie from start to finish. It's the best in the trilogy. I don't know if I like Harrison Ford as Han Solo better than Indy or Indy over Han Solo. But Harrison and the cast did a marvelous job! I recommend you buy this movie and I can't wait for Indiana Jones coming in ! /
8. Great flick, but... - Good selection of movies, iTunes people! But $. to buy this movie??? iTunes, iTunes, iTunes...stop raping your customers! But I suppose since iTunes has monopolized music, movies, and all of the apps of the billion or so customers of the iPad, iPhone, and any other invention with an "i" at the beginning of it, you can rape whomever you like!
Thanks iTunes! It's apparent you are just another $Billion(s) company that never gives back to its customers. "The business of America, is business", is alive and thriving!
Shame on iTunes!
Release date: 1999-08-06 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $12.99
1. Perfect in every way. - Brad Bird is one of those directors who can do no wrong in my opinion, and this films really cements that for me. The Characters are so well written and acted that it’s impossible for me to find them annoying or boring in anyway, while it’s themes of friendship and acceptance resonate with me deeply. I recommend the film to all, it’s fantastic.
2. Unforgettable and well made - The Iron Giant was a visualy stunning movie for my childhood because the main character child wanted a friend so he gets The Iron Giant (voiced by Vin Diesel) and the animation was kinda dated but the rest of the film is just action and heartflet sad scenes that served propose to the story although there are few cliches and cheesy storylines but the performences were amazing i highly recommend The Iron Giant it's a visualy stunning animated movie with a lot of heart.
3. A Classic in and of Itself!!! - When I was a freshman in high school, I was talking to one of my friends about this movie, and we both agreed that it was a classic in and of itself. This is a great movie for all ages, and it is very heart-felt and emotional. I don’t know how many times I have watched this movie, but I have loved it every time. In my opinion, this is one of Brad Bird’s best projects, and one of Vin Diesel’s best film roles! Hopefully, more movies can come out that are as good as this one!
4. Greatest movie ever made! - Love The Iron Giant, it's a great movie made by Warner Brothers! The story is about a young boy who rescues a giant who's fallen from the stars, and then he tells everyone he's nice not dangerous. This movie has one of the coolest and trickiest villains next to Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. The voice cast I thought was well done! There are a few dark and scary moments. This is a movie that kids and adults will enjoy! Overall, just great!
5. An American Classic. Download now and thank yourself later. - This has to be one of the best animated film of all time. Great story and amazing visuals. After seeing the “making of” I realize how great this movie is even more. Warner Bros. is doing it right. Guillermo del Toro said to Brad Bird (Directory of this movie after opening week), “Look in the light of the box office, the audience, the numbers, you feel like a loser, but this will pass. You have made a classic. It will stay in the hearts and minds of anyone who see it. It will honestly live forever”.
6. Easily our most-watched title - The characters alone fuel repeat views and add to the appeal of this endearing story. There's a warmth and presence felt, despite what would otherwise seem like a very sterile and cold subject: robots. I like introducing new people to this film. Also, my wife cries almost every time (no spoilers ;)
7. A Classic for All Ages - The Iron Giant is one of the best animated movies ever, and its not just for kids. It is set in the ’s cold war/red scare time period and has a not too subtle anti-war political message that is also a heart-warming story about a boy and a robot that will make you cry and cheer. EVERY CHILD SO SEE THIS, so if you have kids get it now!
8. Best movie evar - Best movie evar Best movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evarBest movie evar
Release date: 1956-10-05 $16.99
1. Uhm… star for animation… - If there’s any movie that should get a remake it’s this movie. Forget The Lion King, Mulan, Cinderella (Oh dear lord… The newest one is an embarrassment. Just saying.), and stuff like that. Remake The Ten Commandments. The fire scene and the parting of the water looks crappy and needs to be updated since we have the technology now. Stop remaking movies like the ones I previously mentioned and do this one.
2. iTunes Extras and K needed - This is such a classic; retelling of the life of Moses; my only concern is where are the Special Features and iTunes Extras for people to watch? This is really annoying when the Special Features appear in the Home Video releases of movies but not on iTunes. Also, I found the extended version on Amazon Prime. I want to see what deleted scenes they cut from the final cut too.
3. Who? - White washing at it’s finest. The King of Egypt was a bold headed white man . You made Moses and the Israelite white, so it made perfect sense to take out the part where the most high Yahawah turned Moses hand white as Snow, because how could you do that, he’s already white . One star for effects.
4. Second Half is Awesome - This film takes forever to get going but once you get to The Burning Bush scene it is quite special in the story and ’s special effects. No CGI here . If you’re familiar with the story of Moses as most of us are you can skip to The Burning Bush and not miss anything vital.
5. You will never get tired of this movie !!! ! - This movie makes me want to watch it again and again. It’s an all star cast and the special effects are great and advanced for the time period. I believe in keeping the Ten Commandments, it’s my way of getting into Heaven and bowing to GOD Almighty the Divine for allowing me the chance.
6. Not Based on Fact - Selective re-telling that is applauded more for its spectacle than its blasphemous content/changes to the real accounts recorded in the Holy Scriptures. This movie production displays man's ignorance and obsession with sin, more than anything. For the audacity to alter the accounts AND individuals clearly recorded in the Holy Scriptures. Shameful.
7. Great Movie, Just Missing Actor Info and other glitches - What can I say about this? It's a classic of a masterpiece written, directed, designed and starring some of Hollywood's most iconic figures that, along with Ben-Hur and King of Kings, proves that not all religious films need to pander to the conservative mindset, that a religious film can be as big, as epic and as inspirational as the faith they're trying to portray on the screen. Just two minor gripes-Charlton Heston, who plays Moses, is missing his credit, as well as Vincent Price, and when you download the full movie, instead of getting the film's poster, as you see in the store page, you get a generic panoramic image of the sun poking out through the clouds. So, what gives?
8. Magnificent film - This has always been one of my favorite movies! I just saw it for the first time on the big screen and without commercials - and I fell in love with it all over again. It's a visual and spiritual feast. So many fabulous actors, so many fantastic moments. It's just a magnificent film!
Release date: 1965-12-22 Genre:Drama $7.99
1. Favorite film, by far - I don’t know how many times I’ve seen this classic. I know most of the lines! But I never tire of the majesty of this fine film. The acting is impeccable. The cinematography astounding. I’ve read that some critics thought it trivialized the severe political turmoil of Russia at that time but it hits home just how devastating WWI and the Revolution truly was. It’s a love story, above all else. And what a love story it is!!!
2. Perhaps the greatest director of his time! - Although that is arguable and Stanley Kubrick would also be a logical choice Davis Lean is right up there. Lawrence of Arabia (The greatest film ever made) is only one example. The Bridge on the Rover Kwai, Great Expectations & A Passage to India (all nominated). When Zhivago came out it wasn't overwelmingly praised but it's become a classic that withstands time.
3. I love this movie but... - It's inconceivable to me that the movie -- like so many other great movies -- are offered in FULLSCREEN. After / movies were filmed in Cinemascope. Who in Apple/iTunes decides what movies to carry and in what format? I won't buy this movie until it's available in widescreen.
4. Timeless!! - I love this film, a timeless epic. If there's a more beautiful heroine in all of movie-making history than Julie Christie (Lara), I'm not aware of it. And Omar Sharif is stunning as Iuri Zhivago, who heals the body with emetics, scalpels, antiseptic, and gauze, while he heals the soul with his poetry. Although the movie is three hours and minutes long, the cinematography is so efficient, evocative, and densely layered that one hardly notices. This is, in my opinion, one of the best films of all time.
5. WORST movie of ALL TIME - People say this is awesome...DO NOT believe them. I was so anxious to see it awhile ago. Then, I saw IT. IT is NOT a good movie, it is horrible. The story is about a stupid man who cheats on his beautiful wife to be with a woman who is uglier, poor, and with lesser morals. The man is either just psycho or this is a very unbelievable Hollywood-ish script. DO NOT BUY THIS
6. Doctor Zhivago - Never has there been a more beautifully and accurately portrayed movie concerning communism and personal lives destroyed by it. But the problem I have, is the download process. It keeps stopping and so far, I have spent several hours trying to download this movie. It keeps stopping and I have to periodically check the status and it is always in pause mode. I have to start it agai and the movie is hours long and after about hours of loading it so far, it still shows hours remaining to load. I tried to leave a comment on the "report a problem" area, but never got to a spot like this to make comments. So decided to do it here
7. doctor zhivago!!! - i rated this movie starz technically because of the story-line, i MUCH rather prefer the Kiera Knightley version of doctor zhivago, but this version was ok!!!! all yall who like this movie PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch the version by Acorn Media with Kiera Knightley, that version is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better!!!!! i own that version!!!!!!!!
8. Not just a movie, this is a life experience! - This is perhaps my favorite film of all time. As a child, I saw this in the theatre with my father. I would have been years old at the time. For the remainder of my life, these are my images of the Russian Revolution -- the before and after. Like Russia, this film is BIG. The scale of film, the images, and the story are enthralling. More than entertainment, this film is a life experience you will carry with you. Perhaps it is the year old in me talking, but I'm past and I still see it that way. I have grown a new appreciation for Rod Steiger. The entire cast is great. It has all the characters, drama, scope and depth of a Russian novel. A feast for the soul.
Release date: 1990-07-13 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. One of the greatest... - ...love stories in film. Sure, it has a bit of silliness here and there, but if this does not bring tears to your eyes, seek help for you are loosing your humanity. This, though, is not just a love story, but also of the power of love vs. evil and greed. None of us know what happens when our time on this good earth is over, but perhaps it is a good thing to practice kindness, love and seek forgiveness for transgressions before the end?
2. 안녕하세요, 사랑과 영혼 의 원작자 이라현입니다. - 사랑과 영혼(' "THE GHOST": PSYCHiSMÅ DERFERSUTUARE HURTiÅ), "인간으로 오신 구주하나님이신 푸쉬케여신님의 그간 고락의, 상처(傷處)' 세계 속에서의 여정, 에로스와 푸쉬케 ", 영화 외적으로 더 자세하게는 '年作 유재하집 사랑하기 때문에, "에로스와 푸쉬케" 를 참고하시기 바랍니다. 대한민국 수도 서울특별시 세계표준시간 批評家' 이라현(李婀寵)¡ KCÅTERFPHRHAĀDTSZ-ii, "카테프라츠 -i" ll 교황청 발령처의 다음표기¡
베드로星河 '[프시키아교황청令¡] PSYCHiÅ KiÅM-KCÅ.PHR.ĀSZ ¡
3. My favourite movie ever... - I have seen this movie approximately times. No kidding! I can sit and watch it with the same enthusiasm as I did the first time in the 's! The acting is fantastic, the storyline full of twists and simple to follow. A movie you can enjoy and which will no doubt, go down as a timeless classic!
4. Beautiful, sad, and amazing all rolled into one :) - Best love, action and comedy movie combined ever. I watched it this morning, and even though it was made in , it's still amazing. Patrick Swayze lives on in the movie... Its definitely one of my favourites. Best ever, Diddo. and are you serious? It's going on broadway?!?! So seeing it :')
5. the best movie i have ever seen! - I have been watching this movie over and over agian! it is wonderfully laid out and the actors beautifully play their rolles. This is the best movie i have ever seen with Patrick Swayze in it, next to Dirty Dancing. Its tugs at your heart with the sadness of Molly's loss but teaches the art of moving on even after a wrongful death. The special effects are great, given the fact it was made in . BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!
6. Romance, drama, action - all in one for believers, non-believers and those on the fence - No matter how many times I watch this movie, I cry...great legacy left behind by Patrick Swayze, God rest his soul. He is in Heaven and this movie showed us a version of "how". Demi Moore and Whoopie Goldberg were completing the role. Absolutely amazing to watch over and over again. Great investment in your theater library.
7. One of Patrick's greatest. - First of all, I'm so glad this is on iTunes now. This movie has to be one of the greatest movies Patrick has ever done, and the match up between him and Whoopi Goldberg is outstanding! Definitely a must see movie, don't even bother renting it or anything - just buy it! Rest in Peace, Patrick. You'll never be forgotten.
8. May you rest in peace Patrick Swazye - This movie still evokes strong feelings for me. What a beautiful love story. Demi Moore was great, and Whoopi Goldberg was hysterical. And Patrick Swayze, well, we are going to miss you very much. What a talent, full of grace, style, great dancer, not afraid to show the emotional part of himself. He will be sadly missed by many. His style and grace with his battle with Pancreatic Cancer, all of this in the public eye, will forever be, for me, the essence of the man. He will always live on with his performance in "Ghost". "DITTO"
Release date: 1962-12-25 Genre:Drama $9.99
1. iTunes & Apple TV Extras needed - Amazing classic, but can you add the Special Features and iTunes Extras? I don’t understand that. I have discovered that the Special Features for this film is on the DVD/Blu-Ray release, but not included on iTunes. This is really annoying to me when the Special Features appear on the Home Video releases of movies, but not on iTunes because technology is advancing everyday. Apple and iTunes should make it mandatory for all movies that came with Special Features on home video be released on iTunes as well. Also, can you add a background picture as well?
2. A wonderful, moving film - This movie is so close to my heart, that it's hard to put into words. It is worthy of all the praise it has received and so much more. This movie is extremely close to the novel that inspired it. Although it doesn't include every detail from Harper Lee's incredible story, the emotions and feelings are identical. This movie can touch anybody with its heartwarming story and lovable characters. Mary Badham gave an outstanding performance at such a young age, and her character Scout remains one of my favorites ever. Gregory Peck plays Atticus to complete perfection. I don't know why, but every time I watch this I am amazed. It's really a simple story, but so many themes and ideas lie beneath it. Harper Lee's novel does the same. This is a magnificent film, and a must see for all.
3. Everyone should see this movie - The message is timeless, and the performances in the film are so strong - especially from the outstanding and heart-stoppingly handsome Gregory Peck. No-one should go through their life without seeing this - it makes you reflect on the nature of people and how we perceive each other, and the world would be a better place if we all took note.
4. DISAPPOINTING - I have completed reading the novel and was eager to view the film. I will be honest to anyone who is inquiring of whether or not to purchase this film, I would say you should refrain from doing so.The events of the film do not adhere to the sequence of the novel. Dialogue that was vital to the story is not presented in the film. In addition, the film focused more upon the trial and not the events before and after the trial. In other words, so much was removed from the story in this film, that it created frustration in viewing it.
5. Love this book! - I had to read this novel for school and I have fallen IN LOVE with it! It is an amazing book full of valuable life lessons, has a great storyline, wonderful characters, and has made me very emotional. What makes this movie worth stars is that it is a PERFECT representation of the book! Though I wish that Mrs. Maudie and Aunt Alexandria were both in it and not combined and that the trial scene was more towards the end like in the book. Overall, it is a great movie and I suggest it to ANYONE!
Warning: Used certain language that might offend some people!
6. Amazing and Dumbfounding - Dumbfound means shocked beyond belief. We had to read this for school and watch the movie it was one of the best books I ever read. Say anything against this film and you'll regret it, maybe not now but in the near future. P.S To everyone who said mean things against this book or movie: You have know taste whatsoever.
7. Very good!!! - I believe that this movie is very important for young adults to watch, even though it is . This movie and more so the book, shows the reality today's society and it doesn't sugar coat anything. It gives it to us straight out. Overall I this think is really important and a very good movie/book overall.
8. To Kill a Mockingbird - Stands as an alt time classic film that every American who is interested in our storied history (some heroic -- some shameful) should see and reflect upon. Many of the racial issues that plagued American back to and during the Great Depression still linger, albeit in more subtle forms, into the st Century. A MUST SEE -- AND A BOOK THAT IS A MUST READ.
Release date: 1978-06-16 Genre:Musicals $14.99
1. Wasco. Ca - Griffith. Avenue. Baptist Potlucks is the church Pastor and his wife Happy anniversary. The. Kids Will be. In. School. And. All. The And the church cleaning. Potluck Lunch. Work. At the. Pastor’s you Office. Griffith. Avenue. Baptist Church. Monthly. Bunises Meeting. Get. That. Mex ican
Pizza. Off of my. Private Protprty. Mexico. Nachos Shave. His. Head. Baldi Tailgate. Or. Treat. Iam. The. Pastor And your. Not. Mexico. Pancakes Off. My. Potlucks Transfer of. Church. Letters Get. Your. As. Out. Balzing. Shot Guns. Rednex
2. A true modern masterpiece very enjoyable! - Grease was the most good modern masterpiece of musicals. I like John Travolta in this film he does a fantastic job playing a Greaser and Olivia Newton-John is fantastic playing John Travolta's love mate. Grease has a feel that has juicy musical numbers, good cinematopgraphy, excellent performences and overall it's very enjoyable to me and culture i highly recommend Grease it's very entertaining and I-tunes should let me review this movie because they keep taken it down.
3. I fell in love with Olivia Newton-John for the very first time - Grease is amazing, I love everything about it. Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta are dynamite together. All the cast is perfect. The soundtrack is fantastic. Definitely Grease is the word and the best movie musical of all time. Buy it, It worths every single penny & more. Grease forever !!
4. Amazing - I’m now and still think Grease is the best movie ever!! It’s a bit obsessive but I’m not exaggerating, I seriously watch this movie at least once a week. Sorry not sorry. John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John are amazing! All of the pink Ladies( especially Frenchie) give me laughs every time. Putsie, Doody, And Sunny are such goofs and even Finicky can make me laugh. Every single cast member makes the movie fantastic! I couldn’t imagine a different cast.
5. The ultimate high school classic of its day - There is no question as to the reason why Grease was such a blockbuster hit. It was fun, it touched on all sorts of high school experiences shared by millions, it was funny, it had great tunes and great dance numbers, and there was great chemistry all round. Unlike the broadway version, it avoids the northern and eastern toughness, focusing on more of a California middle-class style of innocense and playfulness. Frankly, I think everyone should own a copy and watch it now and then. Life is not always very easy and the daily stresses can be a bit much. An annual viewing of Grease can tone things down and revive the viewer's sense of fun. I should mention that this gentle and fun sense of nostalgia is truly timeless. It was a big deal with Disney theme parks ('s hometown USA - the nostalgia of Walt Disney's generation) and every successive generation can identify with it to some degree. This movie brings all of this together and is set at just the right time – during the boom days before the end of Camelot.
6. AWESOME BEST MOVIE EVERR!!! - Im and most people my age aren't really into old movies but honestly even the new generation will freakin love this movie i saw it when i was younger and i could watch it right after it finishs i know every lyric in all the song and the cast chemistry and songs and plot is just amazing and realistic when people ask me whats my favorite movie there always kinda shocked that i say grease since they'd expect id say the fault in our stars or something though thats a good movie too but i love grease ughh!!!!
Release date: 1964-08-29 Genre:Kids & Family $7.99
1. Supercalafragalistic! - I have loved this movie since i was young, i have since had three children who love it as well.. My oldest now was only baby and i mean baby (infant) who would sit in bouncer, swing, floor, highchair and watch without moving an inch, unless u turned it off, he would scream until turned back on .. So u see who can go wrong with a movie that even can calm an infant for hours!!!!
Release date: 1974-06-26 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Good movie but, - when I saw this movie decades ago, I had no idea that the director was and still is a convicted child molester, not to mention fugitive from justice. I'm aware of his past, survivor of the Nazi Holocaust, widower and father of an unborn child both murdered by psychopaths, but I cannot and will not contribute to his 'fortune' by purchasing this movie. For the life of me I cannot understand how an unrepentant child rapist has avoided capture for so many years and how so many people give him a 'pass' and continue to work with him, knowing what he has admitted to and was convicted of.
2. Best screenplay ever. - An extraordinary movie. Jack Nicholson at his absolute best. Faye Dunaway at her absolute best. John Huston - the most inspired and despicable casting ever. An elegant score. The best use of LA as a set - beautiful and ugly, evil and seductive. God, I love this movie. Polanski never equaled it. Not even close. This is what Raymond Chandler wanted to write but never did.
3. The is Classic Film Noir - Whatever we may think about Roman Polanski's character , morals , decency, etc ., there is little dispute amongst those who truly know film as craft , that this movie is Film Noir of the highest order. It is THEE film in that genre against which all other films of that ilk must be measured. It is , quite simply, a masterpiece.
4. Not the Correct Aspect Ratio - The movie itself deserves five stars and is one of the most stylish, gripping, intelligent and mature films ever made. And not that an iPhone -- or an iPad or laptop for that matter -- is the best way to view John Alonzo's elegant cinematography, but iTunes has made things worse by fitting a film shot at a .: aspect ratio into a x frame, not by letterboxing the top & bottom as they should have done, but by cutting off the left and right sides. I wish I'd known that before buying this film on iTunes.
5. One of the classics - This is one of the classics. Anyone who considers themself to be a movie buff should at least see this one once. I discovered this movie a few years back and I find myself watching it any time that i see it on. I would put this movie on the same shelf as classics like the Godfather or The Shawshank Redemption. If you like a good crime suspense thriller with one of the original twist endings this movie is for you!!!!
6. One of the all-time great movies - I've watched this movie maybe dozen times, and each time, I notice something new. To me, it's practically flawless. If you are a fan of the old film noir mysteries and dramas, you'll also enjoy this. There are many things going on here all at once, but Polanski keeps it all clear and never lets the film bog down. I'd put Chinatown in the top , maybe top , on my list of greatest movies of all time.
7. Chinatown - This movie was slow moving, dragged out, and it was just another movie putting men on a pedistal while they abused their women. The women are all powerless. One gets hit in the eye by her husband and has a huge bruise, another gets slapped around repeatedly by Jack Nickleson, We learn she was rapped by her father, thus her daughter is her sister. She get's shot in the end by the cop working for her dad. All the women just take it. Would not recommend this movie to anywone!!
8. Chinatown - After I saw this movie, I knew this would be within my top thirty best movies of all time list. Roman Polanski was indeed going through many tough obstacles within this time period of his life (the brutal inhuman murder of his wife Sharon Tate). Jack Nicholson's performance was indeed one of the best I've ever seen (best performance behind One Flew the Cooko's Nest). The screenplay was what really stole the movie from my perspective, it was flawless. The movie from my perspective expresses an outrage against corruption in anything within authority. Even though I fairly new of Roman Polanki's carrer I've seen many excellent films from his lengthy carrer (Rosemary's Baby, The Ninth Gate, The Pianist & Frantic), this however ranks to surpass all those films, a masterpiece.
Release date: 1980-07-02 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. NOT EVEN REMOTLY FUNNY - This movie needs to change it's rating. There is no way that it is PG. It's borderline rated R. There are a ton of sexual innuendo's. The funniest part of this movie was the trailer. Once you've seen it you've seen the funny parts of the movie. Save your money and move on to a better written comedy.
2. Smart, original, hailrious and bitter entertaining - Airplane isn't just the greatest comedies ever made, airplane is a comedy that dosen't follow cliches, dumb stupid fart jokes or any other themes that other comedy films present. I enjoyed this movie very much and iam very likely that i will see this movie more than a hunderd times because upon the first viewing this movie is hysterical, funny, hailrious and plays with the genre a little bit, don't get me wrong this is a spoof of other worldy disaster movies that dosen't tell any fart jokes or any immature every five seconds, Aiprlane tells the jokes and slapjacks by visuals and tells that really well and presented like in planes unaturtal events will happen on planes no matter how big or tragic it's still only a motion picture. The movie follows traumatized vitenam hero Ted Striker (Robert Hays), after suffering from the deep and horrible days of world war and dealing with a rocky relationship with Elaine Dickinson (Julie Hagerty) who just wants to live her life without Ted because Ted is never actually never with her alot and Elaine wants to get away from Ted in order to start a new fresh life in Chicago. Ted dosen't agree with her going to Chicago so he take his own personal matters into his own hands and trying to get back Elaine, suddenly the plane's passengers gets poisoned from the raw fish which sets two co-pliots dead, so it takes Ted from depression and misery into driving the plane to save the sick passengers to safety. Airplane is thrilly entertaining, hailrious and treats the spoof genre right without making immature jokes every five seconds it's that 's color style movies that have slapjack comedy in them and this movie succeds at being a entertaining laugh-out loud comedy that supports any type of character that are presented in the movie. I highly recommend Airplane! it's a movie with a lot of hailrious momments and flaws that are not bad for a slapjack movie and this movie is definitley for you.
3. Best. Movie. Ever! - What else can I say? If you don't like this movie you are mentally deficient. To the guy who suggested Elaine was smoking a joint in that cockpit; I suggest you put down your pipe. Not everyone that smokes something, smokes weed. Also, the joke is you smoke a cigarette after sex, not weed. This scene was right after she had to re inflate the Auto-Pilot with the manual inflate tube located just below the belt line. If you watch the scene again, it wouldn't make sense if it was anything but a cigarette.
4. The Background - While this movie is plenty funny on its own, if you watch the disaster movies it is spoofing, many of the quirks and gags in the movie make more sense. Back in the ‘s, when you still had to go to a theater to see a movie and only had one or two channels on your TV there were a series of hit movies: Airport (), Airport , Airport ’, The Concord...Airport ’. Airplane spoofs them all.
5. LOLZ!!!! - This is my favourite movie thus far, mainly because of the outrageous, yet satirical, humour. I almost died. And liked it! P.S. Reviewer , I'm not serious, and don't call me Shirley! PSS: for the bottom reviewers, if u hate the movie, then why did you review it, YA TUTSI FRUITS HATERS! PSSS: it so happens that I actually have a grandmother named Shirley, so surely Shirley can sometimes be surely serious! I grade it A !
6. For Parents with Pre-Teens - After countless family movie nights filled with computer animation, this was our choice for the weekend. Our kids (boy, and girl, ) loved the slapstick puns throughout. The only two things that parents will want to remembers is that when the plane is diving down and people are panicking a three second shot of jiggling boobs appear. My daughter said "Yuck" and my boy stared at me briefly and then went right back to the movie. If I had remembered, I would have just skipped that second scene. Also, there are sexual references to a blow job when one of the characters has to manually inflate the auto-pilot dummy…where else? in the tube carefully located at the crotch. In all, my kids watched every second and laughed throughout. Definitely a hit.
7. Best Laughs Ever...!!! - Please disregard the poster below. They're the kind of people who believe classic movies should be remade for a new generation. This film is for everyone who needs a reason to laugh or smile. That's more than just wishing for the "good old days". If lucky, the poster will be around long enough in life to realize just how precious some old films are...WITHOUT A DAMNED remake...!!!
8. For people born after s - This movie may be a new thing back then,but definitely not a good thing now.All of the stuffs in the movie are all too old to be funny.Besides,the comedian acting is beyond awful and weird.The vibe is just awkward.
Maybe this one is for somebody who is reminiscing his childhood memory,but this is abso-freaking-lutely not for our young ppls.
For people born after s,i am here warning you:Not to watch this,you will be regret.(Just think this way:Do you find your parents funny?Do you love their jokes?)
Caution:Steer away from it.
Release date: 1973-12-25 Genre:Comedy $9.99
1. The Sting still rocks! - Newman and Redford in their glory days! The film still works on many levels, still has the power to draw the viewer in. I had not seen this film since its original release in theaters, but even though I remembered the basic plot and some of the details, it was still a good viewing experience. The sets, clothing, and attention to correct period detail were outstanding, and the casting and acting were excellent. The characters (especially Newman as the ace conman Gondorff and Shaw as the murderous villain Lonnigan) were well drawn and convincing. Well worth a look, even if you've seen it before, and for those who haven't decidedly worth the viewing!
2. The Best of Redford & Newman! - The winner of Academy Award from the movie The Sting set in Chicago during the Great Depression. This is a fantastic movie that is as timeless as is the acting & energy of the entire cast. The chemistry between Robert Redford & Paul Newman is at it's best! (nd only to Butch & Sundance) This movie is smart, funny, & suspenceful. You'll love it! The Sting came out when I was years old, I've watched it a million times (atleast) & continue to love it everytime I see it!
3. More twists than a bag of pretzels. - When it was rleeased, "The Sting" was the "must-see" movie of and . This comedy-drama won Oscars Including awards for George Roy Hill (Best Director) and Best Picture. It launched the career of Marvin Hamlisch who won for Best Music, Scoring Original Song Score and/or Adaptation and revived the ragtime music of American composer, Scott Joplin ("The Entertainer," "Maple Leaf Rag"). Robert Redford and Paul Newman are reunited as loveable scoundrels out to make a living during the Great Depression. With more twists than a bag of pretzels, "The Sting" will keep you guessing 'til the end credits roll.
4. Perhaps one of the all-time greatest movies in the history of motion pictures! - I first saw "The Sting" back in January of . And...I instantly fell in love with it. It's become one of my favorite movies. I seen watched two times since then, and every time I see, I feel like I'm watching it as if it were the first time I'd ever seen it. The performances from the entire cast (not just from Newman and Redford) are impeccable. The screenplay is superb. George Roy Hill's direction is the reason why this is probably the most well-directed movie ever. The plot, setting, design, cinematography, locations, and costumes are top-notch. And, above all, the music of ragtime composer Scott Joplin makes "The Sting" the masterpiece that it is. This is a great movie where people of all ages leave with this exact same thought: "This is a GOOD movie." And there are very few GOOD movies made anymore.
5. Classic... - While I won't say it's the best con-job movie of all time, I will say that all con movies should be judged by this one. It has set the standard for this type of movie. Ocean's (remake) fans, Italian Job (remake) fans, and the rest of this genre's fans have this movie to thank. You will be missed, Paul.
6. The Sting - Paul Newman will go down in history as not only a great actor, but maybe even a greater humanitariun and a person of unquestionable integrity. The world is a better place because of him! The Sting is one of my alltime favorite movies. Fantastic plot with continual unexpected twists, the period sets are fantastic, the Scott Joplin music adds greatly to the atmosphere, Robert Shaw is great as the bad guy, Lonigan, and, of course, the interplay between Newman and Redford is wonderful. It's no wonder that The Sting was given the Academy Award for Best Picture for . If you haven't seen it, you're missing out. If you have (even if it was years ago), it is absolutely worth another look. Movies just don't get any better!
7. Slick, Subtle and Fun as Hell - The second of the two Newman/Redford pics (both directed by George Roy Hill), "The Sting" has Redford's con man in over his head when he and his mentor rip off the mob. His partner is killed, and he turns to Newman to exact revenge. You have to pay attention (something I know is hard for a lot of the iTunes crowd), but the plot is absolutely brilliant. In some ways, you might even argue this was a predecessor of such current fare as "Burn Notice." Great acting, great script; simply put, the film is flawless.
8. Add this to your "Classics" collection! - I am a lover of old(er) movies, and this one has to be one of my all-time favorites. Amazing cast, great music, and a witty script makes The Sting a movie as enjoyable today as it was years ago. I was even surprised by a couple of the plot turns, which is unusual for me.
Release date: 1957-07-11 Genre:Drama $15.99
1. Just Awful - Well, at least it is not like the steamy revealing extramarital or whatever relationships of today, but it is often cheesy and silly on the cruise. I mean if you really are in love with someone would you care what others think? And would you even want to wait months? The ending or close to it is silly too. You might as well name it Titanic Love.....lol. Please offer up more of the better drama movies of that time period for $ to $ (all of them you can now DVR off of TCM channel at least once a year anyway)
2. My wife would kill me if I gave it less than stars! - Popular even before SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE, my wife loved this movie and was the very first movie she ever asked me to give her as a present for her birthday. How could I possibly rate this world-class chick-flick less than stars? (Am I being chauvinist enough by calling this a chick-flick? I do hope so…)
3. What's all the the hype? - I started this this film expecting fireworks because of all the hype surrounding it. For years I'd heard how great this movie is, how romantic and classic and funny. Well, I finally decided to give it a try, and it was none of those things. It was quirky, boring, and oddly paced. After an hour or so I still wasn't drawn into the story, the shallow characters, or their shallow repartee. It just typical 's melodrama and flat humor. I'm a big classics fan, but this one was a disappointment.
4. My number one movie of all time. I'm a hopeless romantic. - I remember when I was in th grade and I was living in Houston, Tx at the time. There was a channel that played the same movie over and over again for a month. I watched this movie at least - times every day for a month with my sisters. I've never tired of it. Awesome.
5. I love this movie! - This movie is one of the best romances I have ever seen in my life. It defined not only all other romantic movies until this day, but it also defines the true meaning of love. This movie shows the world what Its really all about. Thank you so much for the inspiration it gave me for all my live stories past, present, and future.
6. The Greatest Affair - I remember the first time I saw this film. I was years old. From that day forward it has been acclaimed my favorite movie and anyone who knows me knows that I am in love with this movie. It is the movie that defies the image of love. This movie gives love a definition. I highly recommend anyone and everyone to see it at lest once in their lifetime. I personally have seen it so many time that I have literally stopped counting. To this day I still cry at the ending. It truly is a film to remember.
Release date: 1959-07-28 Genre:Action & Adventure $12.99
1. Just not that compelling anymore - I know this movie is a classic and that Hitchcock is well respected for his accomplishments in film. BUT, I just couldn’t get through this film. It’s nearly entirely dialogue based, to the point where you are essentially watching a play. That’s all well and good, but I look to films for entertainment and for new ideas, and this film doesn’t offer them. I know I know, it’s from the ’s and film styles were different back then, as were the expectations. But, today, these expectations have shifted dramatically and in a way I’ve been spoiled by modern storytelling and all that it offers. This film is a classic in the way that The Odyssey or Crime & Punishment are classics. They’re well respected novels, and deservedly so, but they’ll also probably put you to sleep.
2. Wow. Just...Wow - This film has won the title of my favorite movie EVER! I loved every second of it! Alfred Hitchcock found an incredibly creative way to tell this storyline. Cary Grant was amazing (as always), along with every single one of the other actors. Each actor played their character so convincingly. Add that to fun twists and turns (I never thought the movie would end the way it did!), great settings, and exciting music, and you have one of the best films of all time. I just wish I could give this movie more than just five stars...
3. My Favorite Hitchcock Film - North by Northwest is one of those powerful caper/heist films of the 's that you can't miss. Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint act beautifully together, and the suspenseful red herrings and mysterious twists and turns are enough to hook anyone in. Instead of using extreme violence or super- technology, North by Northwest employs snappy dialogue and a creative plot line to attain its status as one of Hitchcock's best romantic/comedic thrillers.
4. North by Northwest - North by Northwest predated the James Bond franchise and that's significant because it was one of the first great non-stop thrillers — non nonstop in the James Bond action way, but non stop in the sense that it moved, from location to location, which is a great part of the Bond films. Also unlike James Bond, the star of the film, Cary Grant, does not play a spy, he's just misidentified as one. And that fact sends him on the run form New York, where he is an advertising executive to Chicago and ultimately to the thrilling climax at Mount Rushmore. The movie came out in , culminating director Alfred Hitchcock's finest decade, a period of time in which he also released Rear Window, To Catch a Thief (also with Grant), Strangers on a Train, and Vertigo, among others. North by Northwest was the antithesis of Rear Window, a movie that took place within a single apartment complex and courtyard. Hitchcock films of the s were not without their range. As Roger Thornhill, Grant, is in constant motion to clear his name and confirm his identity. Again, not Daniel Craig constant motion, but you understand. Hitchock often utilized everyman type of characters in extraordinary circumstances. It works here, especially in the iconic scene in which Thornhill is pursued by a crop-duster.
5. THE PERFECT MOVIE - Cart Grant, sexy Eva Marie Saint, James Mason and Mount Rushmore. What more could you ask for? This is without a doubt THE Perfect movie. It has every thing a movie fan could ask for. I watch this movie every time it's shown on TCM and have never gotten tired of it. In fact, TCM should show it more often. If there is anybody out there who hasn't seen North by Northwest, I feel sorry for them. It just makes you smile and feel good. There's only a hand full of movies with perfect casts (Rebecca, Wuthering Heights, and Laura) just to name a few, and North by Northwest is one of them. If North by Northwest comes on and you are feeling down, see this movie. By the end of the movie, you'l feel better in no time!
6. One of my personally top movies - This is in my opinion Hitchcocks best film and one of the greatest films of all time. Suspense, humor, drama, action, this movie has it all.
I wish I was a better writer to give this movie is just dues, but trust me, watch it and you will see just how amazing a movie this is.
7. I'm and I love it! - I'm a huge Hitchcock fan. I know he is usually a favorite of our parents and grandparents generations but in films it's true to say they don't make them like they use to. This film is considered Action & Adventure and for it's the most action packed film of it's day. However, by today's standards it wouldn't be.... meaning it actually has a story line and doesn't revolve around beautifully fake women and over the top explosions (thank you Michael Bay for ruining the movie going experience.) But it's truly a great film and if you like older movies you will enjoy this for sure!
8. Great Movie…but p version won't download - And iTunes Customer Service has been a nightmare to deal with. They've shuffled me between a bunch of customer service reps, tried to hand me off to AppleCare (???) and then just changed my password without my permission (that's the same password that controls iMessage, FaceTime, etc.) and emailed me to say they'd changed it AFTER the fact. Just a heaping pile of ineptitude so far.
Release date: 1961-10-05 Genre:Romance $14.99
1. An American classic - I finally purchased and watched this and realize why it’s so beloved. It’s enjoyable, still looks great, and the performances are top notch. An interesting character study of two New Yorkers trying to make their way through the world and relationships that aren’t right for them. So many classic looks and lines but also an unfortunately racist caricature performed by Mickey Rooney. Overall it’s a can’t miss piece of American cinema that inspired audiences, filmmakers, and American culture for decades.
2. Wonderful theme but it’s for the wrong film. - My family and I were not excepting what we saw in this supposedly great movie. Ms Hepburn plays a prostitute who ran out on her husband and Mr Sheppard plays a writer who’s also a prostitute who’s in an affair with a married woman. Drinking, too much partying, a strip club... We had to stop, it was getting to risqué and uncomfortable. Moon River was and is wonderful, but it was for the wrong film. If the theme is famous, shouldn’t the film be left out? But then, Hollywood was never one for morals. If you have children, then I’d advise not to watch this. But please don’t judge Ms Hepburn by this horrible film. Try watching My Fair Lady or better yet, Roman Holliday or Sabrina.
3. Just Beautiful - No one comes close to her or ever will. One can only try to be like her in grace, beauty, a heart full of love and caring spreading to where ever it is needed. If you were to look into those magnificent eyes you could feel the magic of her spirit lift you right up and out of your soul in pure happiness, love and joy, for that was Audrey Hepburn...
4. Cat the Cat - This movie isn't just for girls. I, as a year old male, loved this classic film. It is a perfect mix of romance and drama rolled into a well written script. Audrey Hepburn will always be a treasure to the world. She may be gone but sure will not be forgotten. Rest high, you spectacular gem. Thank you for the wonderful legacy you left behind.
5. This movie has something special about it - Okay, so maybe it's not the best storyline. And, no it's not based off the book I heard. But, it's a sweet charming story none the less. I love the dynamic of Holly, Paul and Cat, finding love and each other. The ending always makes me tear up. Because she throws cat out, and then she rescues him. And Paul, Holly, and cat it is assumed live happily together as a family. Reminds me how much I love the people close to me and my pets. It's charm reminds me of coal turning into a diamond.
6. It's Like A Fairytale! - Although the plot line is a very used one, they put a fresh modern spin on the whole thing. Audrey really did a great job developing her character, Holly. She put the whole movie in her own words. The ending is a very fairytail-ish one. If you like it I suggest Cinderella, Annie, Sleeping Beauty, etc.
7. AMAZING - This movie changed my life. Before seeing it, I'd always heard of it, and LOVED Audrey Hepburn so I gave it a try. I'm so glad I did, because to this day I adore it. Not only is it glamorous, but it oozes cool and chicness. It has inspired millions, and I claim to be one of the inspired. I belive that this film has truly put Ms. Hepburn on the map, to show audiences to all her great works. There's something fresh and appealing about Ms. Golightly, something fizzy, giggly, marvelously insecure about her. Of ALL my movie purchases, this is one I never ever regret amd enjoy viewing each and every time.
8. Overrated - This is one of those movies that we have been brainwashed by super-sophisticated Hollywood reviewers to believe was great. It has a certain quality, an over-the-top artsiness that works okay on the live stage. But on the big screen it just comes across as a bunch of heavy drinkers in not-very-believable roles. Hepburn is wonderful though, as always.
Release date: 1958-05-09 Genre:Romance $14.99
1. It’s a different film each time - I just finished seeing this film again for maybe the fifth time all the way, beginning to end and I can’t believe how much it hooked me this time. I could not look away I just wanted it to keep going almost wanting to watch it again but yeah. The use of certain colors and symbolism along with other visuals to indicate or foreshadow events is almost unparalleled in my opinion. I have yet to see a director other than say Kubrick maybe that paid / pays this much attention to detail. Hitchcock was a genius, I underestimated his talent. The story is a mere catalyst for the themes to reveal themselves and when you catch on it becomes an elaborate kaleidoscope of beauty and deceit.
2. Hitchcock’s best film ever made - People like to argue if Hitch’s best was Psycho, The Birds, Strangers on a Train, etc. An argument can be made for all of them because he developed such new and amazing techniques. Vertigo, however, is Hitchcock’s best film and has reasonably so, been named the ‘Best Film Made’ on the all time list. It is a roller coaster ride of a love story to put it in short. But there is so much more. Hitchcock uses voyeurism, like he did in Rear Window, to make sure you see only certain perspectives to let you think what the character is thinking. You see Scotty, Scotty is watching the woman sit in the art museum staring at the painting. We see and know what Scotty sees but by the end of the film the viewer will want to watch again to think ‘what is the woman staring at the painting doing’ as we have learned a whole new plot. The film has so many underlying themes: necrophilia, obsession, control. So much more than just love and loss. Hitchcock is the best manipulator of the audience:
You’re kind of on page with Jimmie Stewart but at the same time you think ‘Man, what an abusive creep!’ -That’s not how we think of Jimmie Stewart! This film crossed so many boundaries and contemplation on the human brain and trauma, it’s sad to know when it was released, it was bypassed as a flop. Great acting, fabulous scenery, beautiful costumes, character development that exceeds the plot and the best director in cinema; what more could you want?!
3. Vertigo - My favorite Hitchcock movie but ITunes has been selling a lot of movies from this era with the sides cut off to fit a X TV screen.
This movie was filmed using VistaVision cameras with a ratio of about to .
x is not Vistavision so I'll stick with my old (but correct)director approved Laserdisc version until Itunes can get the studios to provide an unmolested version.
Also Itunes should reveal the aspect ratio being offered and not just say "widescreen".
4. By my reckoning, the third greatest film of all time - Alfred Hitchcock is one of the greatest of all filmmakers, and "Vertigo" is his undisputed masterpiece. "Psycho" is more famous mostly for its shower scene and its brilliant score by the great Bernard Herrmann, but "Vertigo" is the better film and Herrmann's score here is undoubtedly brilliant. Nothing to me will ever top "Citizen Kane" and "Casablanca", but "Vertigo" most certainly joins their ranks as the third greatest film of all time.
5. I'll have to go back and watch all of Hitchcock's movies now! - I first saw this movie in film class in high school and hated it. Years later, I decided to revisit it. I'm glad that I did. The beginning is slow but engrossing. The reveal of the twist defies convention and makes the last act of the movie even harder to watch. Great film. I'm gonna go back and watch all the Hitchcock classics now to see if this man really is all that he's made out to be. Some pluses: all of the performances the cinematography (the reverse dolly to create a sense of dizziness) the MUSIC the color palette Some cons:
- the pacing may bother some.
6. Definitely Weird and Worth Watching! - I had never seen this movie until this iTunes version. I had always heard about it. I loved the San Francisco scenes. I found myself looking to see where they were. If you watch the movie with Wiki-peida as a guide, you can get a lot more out of the movie. They have a section that describes a lot about all the San Francisco scenes and where everything is. I was fooled into thinking that the story being told to Scottie was true, until it starts to unravel near the end. Hitchcock had a very weird sense of humor. He likes to twist and turn things in every direction, and he takes his characters and actors along with him. Definitely worth watching!
7. Hitchcock's Masterpiece - Probably one of the best films by Alfred Hitchcock as it was made during the pivotal change in Hitchcock's idea of the thriller genre. Much better the second viewing as the audience has a better idea of Scottie's (James Stewart) intentions as a hero who suffers the effects of vertigo. Great thriller film that has been critically acclaimed by critics and film scholars alike. Stars!
8. It's a sick masterpiece... - I am not a Hitchcock fan. The first time I saw this I was repulsed by Jimmie Stewart's manic obsession. But this is a film that haunts your thoughts years after you see it. On repeated viewings, it has only grown more rewarding. I can see 'Vertigo' echoed in so many great films, especially on David Lynch...