Release date: 2016-12-09 Genre:Romance $4.99
1. Amazing - I put off watching this movie because I just wasn't really interested for some reason. One night, this movie was on tv and there was nothing else to watch, so I decided to have it on in the background as I played my World of Warcraft computer game. I was only half paying attention and the first minutes were so weird that I was about to change the channel, but then it suddenly got very interesting and relatable. By the end of the movie I had completely forgotten about my computer game and was leaning forward on my couch, completely engrossed in the film. If that's not a sign of a great movie, then I don't know what is. Fantasy plays a large role with it being a musical, which I love, but at the same time, this movie is somehow one of the most relatable and realistic portrayals of people and life that I've ever seen in a movie, which is amazing.
2. La La Land shines with delight and color throughout - La La Land is the best movie i have ever reviewed and it's very influential and romantic. Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone have great chimestry between each other each of them have more screen time and it's very impressive. The cinematopgraphy and musical numbers look gorgeous i mean gorgeous but at the same time has cliches to other romantic movies but still La La Land shines at being a cult classic.
3. One Of The Greatest - Chazalle manages to create a masterpiece that equips phenomenal story telling and acting with music that is mind blowingly good. Watch this movie until the end, the last minutes are what fully encapture the heart break and pain of Hollywood and the daunting question of what if?
4. Beautiful and romantic and melancholic. I loved this movie! - I don’t normally watch musicals, but I really loved this movie. I thought the chemistry between Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling was excellent. I felt the choreography was great and I really enjoyed the music. I was heart broken that they didn’t end up together, but they did both fulfill their individual dreams of success. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who is a romantic at heart.
5. Masterpiece of art, music, acting, directing, and love - This movie is a masterpiece quite possibly one of the best movies ever made. All the people who say it is bad must not have understood it. And they are trying to say it is bad compared to the other movies in but you can’t compare it to anything it would be like comparing apples to green beans. It is a unique one of a kind movie unlike any other ever made.
6. A Must See - Didn’t expect to love this movie
It was a cent rental . I was pleasantly surprised . Love the dancing , costume design ,story line and visuals . The movie opens up like Fame then it turns and goes into classic Ginger and Fred Astaire dance mode with a hint of modern yet it has the retro wholesomeness of s vibe to it. Bravo to Emma Stones character who really does carry this story all the way through. In summery it’s mostly adorable ,funny and just a little bittersweet.
7. Best and favorite film I have ever seen - La La Land is definitely a movie I have seen more than times. I can absolutely never get tired of watching this film. And I most certainly haven’t stopped crying every time I watched it. This movie is such a beautiful piece. I love everything about this movie. And I can’t believe I just bought my own digital copy now. It’s a brilliant piece, and I have watched many movies and I’ve liked most of them, but nothing steals my heart like La La Land.
8. Great, original story. - I feel as though a lot of people were underwhelmed by this film. Critics absolutely loved it, but I’ve noticed a lot of audiences hated it simply because they thought it was “okay” rather than “greatest movie ever made”. Which I wholly agree, but I’m not going to go way over the top like most of you do and call it the worst movie ever made. People are just ridiculous, sometimes. I don’t know why.
Release date: 1971-06-30 Genre:Comedy $12.99
1. Great movie , stop the K hate - Remember when you could only buy movies at a real life store? You didn’t go in the store demanding that they give you the remastered version for free because your outdated, ten year VHS looked like crap in comparison. REMASTERED VERSIONS COST TIME AND MONEY TO MAKE! Would you work at YOUR JOB for free??
2. K got fixed but title still broken, tries to sell again - They finally fixed the K for prior purchasers, but it will appear you need to buy it again because the swapped the “&” for “and” in the title, which created a redundant database entry. Siri will search the store before your prior purchases, and the store will still sell it to you again even though you already own it. To avoid this, manually scroll to the movie in your library. Of course you have to remember that you purchased it… increasing to stars for fabulous K. Apple REALLY needs to disallow this kind of database slop. It’s a plague on loyal movie purchasers. Original comment prior to fix: You reposted this movie under a different ID, which prevents all existing owners from getting the K upgrade to which we are entitled on iTubes. This is either poor management or a deliberate ripoff. Way to punish your most loyal customers who buy movies. This also creates the side issue of iTunes Store trying to sell us a movie we already own, which has secondary effects.
3. (Edit: July th, read below) No K Dolby Vision upgrade from HD purchase - (Edit July th) - I have just realized K Dolby Vision is now enabled on my previously purchased HD version of this movie. On behalf of those who previously wrote negative reviews because of this matter, thank you for honoring our request. (original review written prior to above statement, dated a few weeks earlier) - It seems to be obvious at this point that those who have previously purchased this movie in HD haven’t received this new version for free. But let’s take it a step ahead and see if anyone knows why that is and what’s going on here. Does anyone know and is there going to be something done or should we just buy this version? I think it’s unanimous that we all agree our previous purchase should be upgraded to this version automatically. If anyone reading this in a position to make that happen, we ask that you please do or make a statement on why it can’t be done that way.
4. My kids don’t care about K - While I appreciate the upgrade on my previous purchase to K, my kids don’t really care. Because there are now TWO versions of the film, Search still only shows the recent version that needs to be PURCHASED AGAIN! This is probably a database listing error caused by the ampersand “(&)” and the word “AND” in the title. Whoever is in charge of this needs to fix it ASAP!!!
5. Apple no longer doing free K upgrades - Should have the option to give stars. But I just got off from a call with Apple support and they confirmed that Apple is no longer doing free upgrades for movies going from HD to K.
So, no more HD purchases for me on iTunes! Actually would be wary of doing any digital media purchase here since it’s so unpredictable now.
6. Digital MA Code - I bought Willy Wonka on K Blu-ray and redeemed the Movies Anywhere code on release date. MA says it redeemed in K but I only have the movie on iTunes at HD quality. VUDU is the only provider linked to my MA account that is actually playing this title in K Dolby Vision. iTunes has failed to upgrade the quality for this new release. I would hold off on purchasing/redeeming the code in the box until Apple has figured this out.
7. No K upgrade?? - WB is supposed to simply update the original title with the new K version. I have no idea why they decided to setup an entirely new listing and screw over customers who already bought it. And for some reason they updated the ok’d versions’ poster to match this. Crazy confusing :(
8. A classic film for many years to come - I think this K version is not for free. Regardless if you payed for the HD version a week ago. Confusing as it is, iTunes still doesn't have an update system (like VUDU) for customers who have already purchased the movie. Sometimes they are updated for free, but there are cases where you have to pay for the movie again. I upgrade by buying the movie as a gift. Then you send the digital gift-code to your email address. Later redeem the code on iTunes. Not all upgrades are for free.
Release date: 2020-04-10 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. I like this movie - I recommend this movie for your kids. My daughter, and son really loved this movie and it’s great for family time. There is definitely no bad words, but a little violence. If I had a toddler watching this movie, I wouldn’t let them. For four years old and older that’s different. One thing I don’t like about this movie is because of the price. Please lower it. It is very unexpected and inappropriate for a price
2. A boring train-wreck - This movie was so lame and boring that I legitimately almost fell asleep on my couch. And at the time it came out you had to fork over $ just so you can watch it maybe once or twice (because it was only a rental). Who wants to spend bucks on useless garbage like this ?! The movie itself was sickeningly sweet that will probably only attract the youngest crowd imaginable. I will NEVER watch this movie again. And I’m not looking forward to the third one next year. Shame on you, Trolls !
3. What the heck is this - This is a rip off to a friend to Saint game biggest trying to correct six strings and I do want to interview first burgers trying to steal steal six infinity stones this is about you about to send game that’s of Disney’s better than you moviehahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah
4. Wow - Y’all are just complaining about the price cause y’all are nasty broke hobos. People with real money and real paying jobs and real lives ain’t complaining. Grow up yeesh I HAVE BEEN A PROUD DEDICATED AND CERTIFIED FAN OF TROLLS AND BROPPY SINCE !!! I also waited four years for TWT just to have Branch and Poppy to HIGH FIVE!! However the editor of the movie confirms that they kiss after the high five. If you pause and squint REALLY well, you can see that Poppy grabs Branch by the shoulders and kisses him on the lips. Let’s just hope that in Trollstopia we get a VISIBLE KISS! Also I want a Valentine’s Day episode for Broppy and Barb asks Branch and poppy to help her ask Riff to be her dare to the Valentine’s dance and she also has a crush on him and she confesses and they get married and Riff takes over for Thrash and become KING RIFF OF THE HARD ROCK TROLLS AND THEY HAVE TWIN AND RIFF WALKS AROUND WEARING A CROWD WITH SPIKES AND BONES AND HE HAS TO METALLIC BLACK EGGS IN HIS HAIR AND THEY BOTH HAVE BLACK TUFFS OF HAIR ON TOP and they aren’t gonna go that far so I will just stop- BROPPY IS AMAZING!!
WANILLO (Wani x Tresillo)
HELTA (Hickory x Delta)
BRIFF (Barb x Riff) PARB( Poppy x Barb) IS % DISGUSTING!! Not because it’s LGBTQ, but because POPPY IS ALREADY TAKING BY BRANCH!! PARB IS UGLY AND NASTY IF YOU SHIP IT YOU DESERVE TO DIE!!!
5. You guys are being annoying - Listen, the movie is a good movie! You guys are the greedy ones!!! You can’t just be grateful that a movie came out? You have to find everything wrong with everything!!! If the rental price was low you guys would have said the movie was awful!!! What is you freaking problem people just be grateful for something in your life for once!!!!
6. Auto Tune issues and the second film is more detailed than the first film - I used to be obsessed with Trolls now I don’t like it as much as I did when I was younger because too much glitter and Auto Tuned stuff l would get silly thoughts from it but I did like the K-POP Trolls and I kind of liked the Techno Trolls part. And also Universal nor DreamWorks had the nerve to ask Red Velvet if Russian Roulette was appropriate for the movie ! ITS A KIDS MOVIE UNIVERSAL AND DREAMWORKS!! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
7. Avengers Infinity War Clone? - This movie is a clone of infinity war because the bad guy is trying to collect six strings and it is the sam as Thanos trying to collect the six stones to snap half the universe. This is such a clone would rate it zero stars if I could. Also Disney is better than your punny movie ha ha ha!!!!!!
8. Albany Louisiana - What Liars Albany La is using people in their own town using residents without their knowledge or consent and on top of that using the schools technology!!!!!!! That's low down and dirty DREAMWORKS!!!!! IF you want to know the real authors of this movie call --, I would love to fill you in and publicly announce Albany La as the sick town it is to use this family!!!!! I hope the money collected for this movie is worth the pain, sulfuring, and hurt that has been done to this family that was USED!!!!!!! And destroyed by greed and lies!!!!!!
Release date: 2008-07-18 $9.99
1. So good! - Best movie ever! The songs are so catchy and the movie itself is awesome. I suggest it for and up even though it’s pg- because there are a couple parts that are inappropriate for some kids but for others it is fine! It just depends on how mature the person who is watching the movie is. Anyway, so good!
2. Not worth your time - Nostalgia Critic's review of this movie says it all. It is the most generic lazy "chick flick". The sort of dumbed down paint by numbers movie that gives the genre a black eye. It's like they have a checklist of lazy chick flick cliches... glittery title - check, joyous screaming - check, playing dress up - check, one dimensional characters - check... If you like Abba great, then just listen to Abba. If you like chick filks just watch Princess Bride or A League of Their Own. Just stay away from this movie.
3. Really Fun!!! - Mamma Mia is a fun good adaptation to the broadway show. After seeing all these mixed review from fans and critics i was a little skeptical going into it. Sure are there a few plot holes and not so amazing singers, but that didn’t stop me from having a blast almost as fun as the play itself. I would recommend to anyone who likes music and wants a feel good night.
Release date: 2021-11-24 Genre:Kids & Family $9.99
1. Fantastic Movie - Truly spectacular the relationship between grandma and granddaughter and the sisters of Mirabel. Finally a great movie without this woke nonsense. Finally a great movie that kids of all ages can watch and enjoy being without being bombarded with woke garbage. Thanks Disney for making a movie without trying to influence our little kids with woke rubbish. Soundtrack is also awesome.
2. Solid Story, Lackluster Music - All I will say is, Lin-Manuel Miranda needs to learn when his style of songwriting does not fit and service a story. Cool concepts and a decent story are heavily ruined by musical numbers that are not good at all. ./ Edit: And this movie won Best Animated Film. Disney bias continues. I mean…Mitchells vs. The Machines was RIGHT THERE!
3. Garbage - I’m really not impressed with the songwriting, it’s just a whole conversation with singing, and it’s so annoying because I keep thinking, why do these guys sing with music suddenly turning on????? The only reason people like it is because it’s catchy. If it wasn’t catchy, you'd think it’s garbage. As you might know by reading this review, I do not like musicals.
4. Encanto Colombia - I really like this movie, although it was really sad that Mirabelle didn’t get a gift, I really feel that she was trying to fit in with the rest of her family who got there gifts and was trying so hard but she didn’t give up she kept trying and she realized she didn’t need a gift to fit in she was the source of the family and that is what makes her special
5. Maybe the best film Disney has ever made - I know it’s saying a lot, but this legitimately may be the best film Disney has ever made. It is truly a family movie, accessible and fun for kids with some incredibly layered and deep themes for adults…as in, this movie could be shown in counseling classes to illustrate family systems theory and inter generational trauma. I’m a grown man and I laughed out loud and cried more than once. I can count on one hand the films that have impacted me in that way over the course of my life. Just layers upon layers. And yes, everyone is crazy about the music for a reason. Manuel-Miranda created an all-time Disney soundtrack for this one.
6. Khamyla - This movie has a time line and so many Unexpecting thanks happened movie and there’s something what happened MMS in the living happened and then there’s another thing a Panoramas and I just keeps on going over over over over over over over over over and over but watching all of the songs is horribly girl that has the lower Bubbas and I’m pretty sure I like the one at that test strong muscles in my back in the winter boy I’m pretty sure that that is magical get that could talk to animals because I really want to talk to animals so you would have to think they’ll apart instead again in one of them in the mail with you in the door handle and then something happened to her to cool to see and I guess she kind of got like a magical door to work out because her magical or because she looks out forever
Release date: 2007-07-20 $14.99
1. You can't stop the beat; but you CAN'T beat the first - When I first viewed HAIRSPRAY (), I thought it was one of the those musical flicks you could lose yourself in. The energy, the characters, the message(s). But as time went on, and I looked at the trailer to the original John Waters film--and the original film itself--I found that...well, you know the adage: NOTHING BEATS THE ORIGINAL! I mean, I think about it. Tracy Turnblad went from unafraid though constrained rebel against the "Breakfast Club" chapter (through Ricki Lake) to a ditzy, clueless self-congratulating romantic (via Nikki Blonsky). Penny Pingleton may have been the leading lady's best friend, but at least she was more vocal, and had her own incentive go against the 'black-vs-white' societal grain. In , she just blindly goes along for the ride. [Lay/additional terms: Lesley Ann Powers showed more range and authenticity than Amanda Bynes.] Regarding Edna Turnblad and Wilbur Turnblad...bad boys John Travolta and Christopher Walken had more to do while "getting shorty" in crowning the "king of New York". Waters made Edna 'Divine' and gave Wilbur a strong will in spite of being a Stiller. Shankman lived up to his name, and shanked them--and the others--like raw meat. Motormouth Maybelle knew where she had been because Ruth Brown had been there herself; Queen Latifah came rather late. Amber von Tussell got the highest ratings for the lowest doings because she had "Vitamin C" in her diet--as did Colleen Fitzpatrick. In , down came Brittany's snow and killed the growing, sustainable food. Speaking of snowball effects, rolling stones may gather no moss, but only a Prince called Clayton truly gathers much Seaweed. No beach walks nor shore-searching for Mr. Kelley. Not to mention, The Corny Collins Show was hosted by a progressive, no-nonsense, anti-bullying frontliner (Shawn Thompson), NOT by some grinning, passive doormat (James Marsden). Back to the Von Tussells, Velma often touches to scratch, viciously, with husband Franklin alongside. Thank Sonny and Debbie. Ironically, the best big-screen Catwoman--in my book-- failed to show up claws at the ready. Either that or she had been de-clawed, willingly. Finally, in contrast to St. Gerard, Mr. Getchaheadinthegame proved to be, indeed, the weakest "Link". Goodbye! By the way, you bid Good Morning to Baltimore while IN Baltimore. Not on a Burbank soundstage. It is true: You can't stop the beat; but you CAN stop the piece from going off-key. So let's not dance, eh, Tracy?
2. This is one of my all time favorite movies ever - This movie is great, fun, and awesome. I love this movie so much. I love all of the characters in this movie. I love Zac Efron as Link in this movie. He is really cute. I like the girl who plays Tracy. I like how she stands up for herself. I love all of the music in this movie. It is one of my all time favorite movies ever.
3. Hairspray is the best movie ever!!! - Since the first time I saw hairspray I was totally obsessed with it and I can't stop thinking about the awesome and catchy songs. If you see it once you will know you are going to watch it at least twenty more times. This movie is my favorite movie in the whole world so it is worth it to buy the best movie ever. I hope you get it and like it as much as I do.
4. My Favorite Musical - This is my favorite musical of all, but I'm going to give an honest review of it. I love both this movie and the musical, I watch this movie at least once a week! But I think some things could be different. I was kind of disappointed that "Mama, I'm A Big Girl Now" and "The Big Dollhouse" were not in this movie! The storyline was a bit different than the musical, even though it didn't have those songs, I still really enjoyed it! And the new songs, "Ladies Choice" and "The New Girl In Town" are two of my favorites! But one thing I always seem to dislike about both the musical and the movie seem to have the best songs in the first half of the movie and the least liked in the second half (except for You Can't Stop The Beat. That's my favorite!), but for instance, I LOVE "Good Morning Baltimore", "Nicest Kids In Town", "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now", "Ladies Choice", "Miss Baltimore Crabs", "New Girl In Town", "I Can Hear The Bells", "Welcome To The Sixties"...those ones are great in my opinion! But I didn't like "Run And Tell That", "Big Blond And Beautiful", "Timeless to Me", "I Know Where I've Been", "Big Dollhouse", "Without Love", or "It's Hairspray" near as much as the songs in the first half. That's just my opinion though, I don't know if anyone else feels the same way about those, I mean I still like those other songs, but I don't get as into them as I do the ones in the first half. I feel they should've been more mixed up, but then again, that isnt really possible with the story line! But it's still a really great movie and will always be one of my favorites! I've always kind of wanted to direct my own production of Hairspray!
5. Amazing - This movie is just amazing! It shows how life was before the I have a dream speech in . It uses music to help tell the story which makes it more appealing to younger viewers! This movie does you the terms that were used back in for African American people but they aren't the bad ones. This movie is great to watch with anybody and I think that everybody should watch it!
Release date: 1999-09-14 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. iTunes & Apple TV Extras and K needed - This is such a classic; retelling of the life of Moses; my only concern is where are the Special Features and iTunes Extras for people to watch and upgrade to K? I found on the home video releases they have the Special Features but not on iTunes. This is really annoying when the Special Features appear in the Home Video releases of movies but not on iTunes. I think it’s time that Apple TV and iTunes should make it mandatory for all movies that came with Special Features on home video be released on iTunes as Apple TV & iTunes Extras as well. Can you guys please add iTunes & Apple TV Extras for this movie such as the audio commentaries and behind-the-scenes special features along with the recut version and also upgrade to K so people can see behind the scenes of how movies are made?
2. Awesome Movie, and Underrated - I just watched this for the first time in over twenty years after when it was released in the late 's. It really is a great movie and may not be according the bible in a lot of things but maintains the story pretty good. I think it is an underrated movie. The music and acting from the voices is great and the animation :)
3. My favorite faith based movie ever - As someone who grew up in a very Christian home and was exposed to many Christian movies and music growing up I can verify that the overpowering majority of it is a passable distraction at best and the hottest of garbage at worst, I’m personally still Christian but I’ve definitely grown to scrutinize them. With that being said, this is one of the greatest movies I’ve ever seen animated or otherwise
4. AMAZING - God can really speak to you through this movie. There are humorous parts, emotional parts, happy parts, and best of all a happy ending... great for the whole family. SPOILER:
My favorite part of the movie is when Moses meets God in the form of the burning bush, it really shows you the power of God and the forgiving tenderness of his loving heart.
Release date: 2018-07-20 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. total crap - This wasn't a movie nor was it entertaining. Absolute crap. Exploitation of a semi acceptable script but for the music in the original. Don't be sucked in by this nonsense. Worst EVER! Not even one star. The music is crap. Continuity with sequel non-existent. Not even a viable film. The actors who came back must have got a lot of money to do so and must be completely embarrassed. Terrible film. Couldn't even watch it through. Waste of money. Really. Don't bother. Sad indeed.
2. Wish Donna was alive - This is by far my favorite movie, but I think If donna was alive and she was having flashbacks from the hotel being built, it would’ve been so much better. Also there is no point of making a third movie of Donna’s Dead. I loved the first movie so much because I loved how donna was so energetic, fun, and upbeat, but having her dead was a mistake that could’ve been easily fixed
3. Disappointed - This movie is not worth even seeing in Movie Theaters. I watched it on the plane and it was HORRIBLE. The first movie was way better and by that, only a little bit better by being two stars. It’s way too extreme in some of the pieces for a story and doesn’t make sense. The daughter is like “do you think my mom would be proud of me ? She told me to go live my life away from the island and don’t get held down by this place here when She’s gone.” I was so confused since the daughter just answered her own question. She shouldn’t be devoting time to something her mom didn’t want her to be dragged down by.....
4. My Heart! - I loved the first Mamma Mia! I watched it when i was little, but this movie recaptures what I love about the characters! I honestly LOVED Lily playing Donna, she was so lively and beautiful. I have watched this movie twice now and that ending still makes me cry. Yes, Im the girl you see walking out of a movie crying. Any who, back to the main point, this movie is worth watching! You just have to let yourself see things in the perspective of the characters.
5. Cheesy but good - This movie, just like the first one, is definitely cheesy. A bit too cheesy in some moments. But, like the first one as well, it is enjoyable and has a happy vibe. Lily James as the young version of Meryl Streep’s character is amazing and she is really what holds the film together. She is very genuine and is never pretentious or annoying, which I bet is very hard to not be in these types of movies. Each of the three young versions of the men are decent enough. One thing I didn’t like is when they cut back to the present day, it’s usually just Sophie whining and complaining. She seems so old now compared to the first one where she was just carefree. The scene where she goes around straightening the maids and butlers’ uniforms while they smile at her touch was really cringey and reminiscent of those old movies where the matriarch of a house would go around and inspect all the slaves. Also, as with the first one, the plot is pretty thin and sometimes the ready-made Abba songs really do not fit the scene at all. In less than two hours they have to show Donna meeting all three men, getting down and dirty, cut back to the present a bunch, and shove all the Abba songs in too. However, these problems don’t really detract from the film too much. But the presence of Lily James is really what makes the film so enjoyable.
6. Lily James... Mmm!! - Lily James was absolutely perfect for her role as Donna. To be completely honest, I didn’t quite understand the first one. I just watched it because of the fuss about it from my relatives. This second one, however, gave perfect background. Such a hoot and certainly better than the first movie! Not that the first one was bad... This one was just easier to follow. The music was splendid, too. Love the “vibes”.
For those who like overthinking movies, be careful with this one. The plot kinda goes nuts and takes random turns— especially with Donna’s mom/the grandma. If you just live in the moment with the cast, you will enjoy the movie. I know I did.
7. SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Just a vehicle for ok actors and a horrible storyline. Sure makes you realize how much Meryl makes a movie work! This is a terrible part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save your money and get an enema! It will be better than this!!!!!!!!
8. Not good - This movie has some great actors but also some really bad performances... I’m glad I rented it and not bought it but still. Maybe $ to rent would’ve been a more appropriate price. Of course the plot was bad (it’s just a”storyline” to justify the songs). Thankfully Meryl made an appearance!!
Release date: 1939-04-23 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $14.99
1. DISTURBED - i am so disgusted and disturbed with the making of this moving MAVING HER BE ON A DIET OF JUST SOUP AND CRACKERS AND MAKING HER SMOKE CIGARETTES AND SEEING SOMBODY IN ONE SEEN HANG THEM SELFS?! I USED TO LOVE THIS MOVIE NOW ITS LIKE A HORROR FILM TO ME HONESTLY MAKING HER OVERDOSE?!?!? I HATE YOU PEOPLE
2. I Can’t Think Of A Title - I have loved this movie ever since I was a child. It is my up most favorite movie of all time. I know line by line perfectly by heart. I have been wanting to own this movie but I never have until today when it became on sale for $ thru iTunes. It’s my first movie I bought thru my Apple TV.
3. One legend “dies,” another legend is born - After portraying his iconic horror role in “Frankenstein”, “Bride of Frankenstein” as Frankenstein’s Monster, Boris Karloff portrayed his signature role for the last time in “Son of Frankenstein” Just as Karloff stepped down from the horror genre, Judy Garland’s performance as Dorothy Gale (which should have had her nominated for and win the Oscar for Best Actress) in “The Wizard of Oz” made her film and music careers soar If only these two met, the worlds of the horror genre and musicals would have collided
4. The Wizard Of Oz- [Dorothy] - The Wizard Of Oz is my Favorite Movie Ever Because I Like Dorothy As My Favorite Charictor Because She Sings Somewere Over The Rainbow She Wears A Blue And White Gingham Dress White And Blue Blouse Blue Socks Basket Her Hair In Pigtails With Blue Bows And Her Hair Curly With A Blue Bow Black Shoes And Ruby Slippers And She Is Played By Judy Garland And I Can't Wait To Get It In HD And k So I Can Have It In SD k And HD. Dorothy Lives In Kansas And Goes To Oz I Wanted To Sing Like Dorothy And Dance Like Dorothy I Am Dorothy's Number One Fan Because I Like Her And Toto Her Dog.
5. Beautiful - it’s such an original in itself. like the movie just is about so much things. finding your way, making friends, and most importantly family. thru this we see hardships, sorrow, anger, and happiness. i can’t express how beautiful this masterpiece is. and hopefully will live on for forever.
6. Please read - Okay when I was little I loooooved this movie, but sadly I had no idea what went on behind the scenes. They treated Judy like absolute I read on twitter a thread of baddddd things that happened behind the scenes. Like the main star herself getting molested and touched a lot and in all the wrong places. I heard the original Tin man guy got sick because of all the paint on his body which was not tested and later found to be extremely toxic. Also I heard that all the munchkin guys would touch Judy and laugh/joke about it which is absolutely not a joke!! So I do recommend this movie just please educate yourself.
7. One Rotten Tomato Didn't Spoil the Whole Bunch! - It is truly amazing that out of Rotten Tomato reviews over a period of years, there was actually one rotten review! It was authored by Otis Ferguson on September , for The New Republic, "a liberal American magazine of commentary on politics and the arts published since , with influence on American political and cultural thinking." (Wikipedia) So in , this country was desperately in need of a fantasy that would take audiences out of time and space, even if it was only for an hour and forty-one minutes, because all hell had just broken loose. The Germans invaded Poland on September st, after signing a nonaggression pact with the Soviet Union on August , . On September rd, , Britain, France, India, Australia and new Zealand declared war on Germany, initiating World War II. Things would only get worse from there, including New Republic editor Michael Whitney Straight ( to ) who was a spy for the KGB, recruited into the same network as Donald Maclean, Guy Burgess, Kim Philby, and Anthony Blunt.
8. Follow the Yellow Brick Road - Awesome musical, and much more cheerful than newer interpretations of the original source material. For those wondering (over the years) about why there's no widescreen version (Note: HD does not mean Widescreen) - this movie was filmed in Fullscreen (.: ratio). Widescreen format did not become common until almost years after this movie was made. If you are watching it in "widescreen" that's not how it was intended to be viewed.
Release date: 1982-05-21 Genre:Kids & Family $12.99
1. Won't download! - Great movie. I love Annie and it's great for on the road but once I downloaded all the way I checked it and it worked. Then later I wanted to watch and it said I had the movie but uninstalled it which I'm sure I didn't do. So I redownloaded it and then it started over downloading it. It stinks when you get something $ or more and waste it on something that doesn't work!! . Now when I try to download it goes from a little sliver to half done and it just keeps going back and forth. I would suggest NOT getting movies on your devices because it DOES NOT work. Someone's got to get this working better!!
2. Love it! - This is my favorite movie ever! This movie will never be old to me! I hate the version I thought it was gonna be good but the older the best I guess :) but I secretly like easy street from the Annie. But if I had to rate it this Annie will be first the Annie will be second and the last
3. Annie - Way better then the new!! It's more breath taking!! I love it so much! When she almost fell of the bridge I was so so so scared!! In the new Annie she just gets driven in a car it's not as good as the old version. I recommend this movie to you! THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR THAT TOMORROW THEYLL BE SUN!!
4. Why do people love this one? - I didn't grow up with this version of Annie, I only saw it once years ago after having multiple viewings of the ' TV version. I must say if you want a version of Annie that's much more faithful to the actual stage musical with a much better little girl in the title role (Aileen Quinn even won a Razzie for singing so quiet in this film), go watch the ' version!
5. Yes! - This is the type of movies we should show kids! Music like this! Not like all that "weed this, high this, drunk that." Movies with class that you can still cry too even though it's not a chick flick. Believe it- this is all coming from a - year old boy. That's sad. Parents, show your kids this! RECOMMENDED!!! ^_^
Release date: 2006-11-17 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. “They’re happy too pa” is an iconic moment - This movie... I rewatched it for the first time in years the other day and was so confused. What did I just watch. I eventually decided I watched the worst film of all time! Yeah, I don’t take that lightly. What makes this movie flop? The story is awful and contrived, the characters are either annoying or unbearable, the fact that these penguins know modern songs because of their hearts or whatever is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Like, come up with a better explanation to that. The only thing I could say positively is... the backgrounds are absolutely gorgeous and the character animation is... fine... /
2. A Movie Full of Mockery and Crude Humor That Will Bore Your Kids and Offend Your Friends - Somewhere in the midst of sexually suggestive pop-songs and perverted preaching penguins you will realize this movie is an over the top message movie that has little redeeming value. Yes, some good messages about our responsibility for the environment, and there's some attempt to let us know that it's cruel to be mean to people who are different, but ironically, it's a movie that mocks parents, religious people, and sea lions. Furthermore, it promotes racial stereotypes and childish politics, a foreshadowing of what is true of our culture today. Animation good, story boring, penguins ruined forever.
3. Awful - This movie is just awful. It is so disjointed that at one point my daughter actually asked whether we were still watching the same movie as a few minutes earlier. There is way too much innuendo for a kids movie. Robin Williams could normally add some humor, but not in this part. The only good thing is the music.
4. Depressing Movie Wrapped with Songs - There are very few redeeming qualities about this film. Mumbo is pretty much rejected the entire movie and never seems to fit in. The songs are okay. The animation is great. I wouldn't say the movie is very appropriate for most toddlers, maybe older children. And it seems like an expensive environmental message. I wish I hadn't bought it.
5. BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I loved the movie. I watched it like , times and it never gets old!!! I love the part when mumble meets the amigos. They are my favorite characters in the whole movie!!! If I had to pick only one favorite character it would have to be Ramon. He is the funniest out of the amigos. And I love there sing. Like the part where mumble was lip sinking. And especially the amigos singing mostly because there Spanish accents. Anyway best movie every and I recommend it to anyone who wants some laughs and can get up an dance to the music.
6. A Very Different Kind of Animated Movie! - There is no doubt that Happy Feet will go down in the history of animation as one of the truely great films, because it is! The music, the sheer enormity of the scenery & the characterizations, are all all wonderful! But what REALLY makes Happy Feet unique, is the MESSAGE that it presents-man's interference in the ecological system, & how it affects other species. WE do NOT see this, (as a rule), in most animated films, unlike the animated movie Ferngully: The Last Rainforest, that also has an ecological message as well. Happy Feet had a much more DIRECT message than Ferngully, & I think that this is why this movie hit me as powerfully as it did. Add to the fact, that not many animated movies combine animation with live action any more. It is a thoroughly enjoyable movie, with a major message, & that is what makes it truely unique!
7. Gotta Love Those Happy Feet! - This movie is absolutely awesome! I highly recommend this movie to anyone who wants to dance and sing away! My favorite scene is when Mumble and the Amigos slide down the ice, and when Gloria sings "Boogie Wonderland" while Mumble dances...Oh! Just perfect! Only words describe this movie - Excellent.Movie.Ever. Buy it! You won't be dissapointed!
8. DANCE! - I am a total penguin fanatic! The movie makes you want to sing a dance all the way home!!!!! I started my singing and dancing career when I was in nd grade and now I am a professinol ballet dancer! Cuz of that movie! And after I showed my kids the movie they want to be professional dancers!! My yr old girl kept singing boogie wonderland in the car!! So whoever thinks the movie stank..,,. Shut up and get a life at dollar general where you can afford it!!!!!!
Release date: 2001-06-01 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. This absolutely grew on me - I will admit when I first saw this film, I despised it. I liked some of the songs, but as a whole I thought the movie was terrible. A few years later, I had the opportunity to watch the movie again with a different mindset and surprisingly I really liked it. Throughout the following years, I really learned to love this movie, the music, and the storyline. I now have both volumes of the soundtrack that I listen to occasionally where I’ve memorized most of the songs word for word. Lol Since Moulin Rouge! Is now a Broadway Musical (which comes at no surprise AT ALL since I’ve known they’d one day make create one) I get to experience a whole new talented cast.
2. An Utter Masterpiece - This movie... it's so hard to put it precisely into words. For a start, the music is absolutely beautiful, fitting perfectly every time it appears in the movie. For another thing, all the performances are spectacular; not just the stage ones, but the actual acting is incredibly endearing and convincing. But the story... that is where it becomes wordless. The best justice I can do it is to say it is a roller coaster of emotions. (((IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE IT BLIND, GO WATCH IT NOW AS SPOILERS ENSUE))) It goes from a whimsical romantic comedy, full of laughs and joy, to a dark tragedy about the monstrous truth of stage performing, and finally to a spectacular bittersweet finale about the true power of love. An utter masterpiece, worth every penny you could give it.
3. Still one of my absolute favorites! - Truth, freedom, beauty, and above all things… love. I've watched this movie so many times I have the entire script and every song memorized, and the story still holds up after all this time. The cast is phenomenal, the stylistic cinematography bold and exciting, and the quiet moments never fail to capture my emotions. It's a visual and auditory treat. It's not for everyone, of course. But for me, it's perfect.
4. AWESOME MOVIE - I've been watching this movie since I could remember and I'm only but this movie has made me me. And this was my parents' movie until they got divorced and I had hope they would come back together because of this movie. I've watched this movie well over times! This movie is the reason why I've always wanted to fall in love even right now I'm listening to the best duet "Elephant Love Medley" and this part is the best of the best, my dad and I always sing this song together. My dad is a very good singer and we sing our hearts out to this song! Its the best romantic movie I've ever seen.
5. HoHum - Looks like I’m going to make a lot of fans angry by saying that the Jose Ferrer version is a way better film! In that version all the music is period correct for the time and the lead character is cynical just like I believe Toulouse Lautrec really was. It very apparent the John Huston was a far better director than Baz Luhrmann. His version really deserves the term masterpiece. Too bad that version isn’t available for sale (or rent) on itunes. In fact I suspect many of these star reviews would drop a few notches if these reviewers had seen the version.
6. Study the art, the period, then you will see why this movie is AWFUL. - Having studied Toulouse-Lautrec extensively and being fortunate to see a traveling exhibit of his work just before this movie came out, I was excited to see this in the theater. To say it did not do justice to the period is an understatement. It neither captured the essence, or the spirit. It simply did not get it. Rather it put its own spin and interpretation on the scene, the art, and the people that fulfilled someone else’s idea of what they wanted it to be. There was no attempt to harmonize the time and the vision. To this day, this is the only movie I have ever walked out of the theater before it was over, leaving less than minutes in as I could not longer take the farce. All those writing positive reviews must like the movie for some other reason but not for what the Belle Epoque was.
7. I Kept Waiting For it to Get Better... - I heard so many awesome things about this movie that I rented it and even though it wasn't keeping me interested at all, I kept watching just waiting for it to get better. I kept thinking "So many people love it. It has got to get better, it's got to get better..." It NEVER got better!!!!!! There is not even one original song and the remakes made me want to rip out my eardrums or stab my ears with sharpened pencils. If you are a true fan of musicals (or music for that matter), don't waste your time on this piece of crap.
8. Stunning - I just adore this movie. And the fact they did their own vocals made me like it even more. A love story for the ages. A remarkable journey through the mind of a brilliant director. Mesmerizing, and artistically breathtaking, this movie made me love musicals. I appreciate Baz Luhrmans' fantastic tale of love and loss, and ability to tell a love story in such a unique way. This will someday be a classic masterpiece!
Release date: 1965-03-29 $7.99
1. Phenomenal, amazing inside and out - Wow. The music is incredible, the storyline is incredible, the dancing and movement is incredible, and the whole overall movie is just breathtaking. This is one of my family’s favorites and one of my personal favorites. It is a very magical movie, teeming with life and a flashy story. I can’t stop singing these songs and am truly floored by this incredible piece of artwork. The Sound of Music is amazing, incredible, awesome, and deserves the highest esteem a movie can attain. This is a true classic, worthy of every dollar you pay for it. Every person who likes movies should watch it. It deserves an award. I can’t stop smiling after I watch this movie. Only Julie Andrews could play Maria's part so well, and the incredible romantic theme is just great. I love this movie all around, and it is one of the top best I’ve ever seen.
2. Uh-mazing - LOVE ITT!! WATCHED IT TIMES THIS MONTH AND IM ADDICTED!!! THE HILLS ARE ALIVE WITH THE SOUND OF MUUUUUUSICCCC Yes I’m and I don’t care, I don’t want the world to change into a place that doesn’t include music like this. It’s disappointing to compare to today, million people liking a picture of an egg. Anyways love it, rip Charmian and heather and love u Julie!!!
3. Best Movie Ever Made - For me to say that is truly a miracle, as I am not the top lover of musicals, but this feature musical film is the best movie ever made, in my opinion. In fact, I had not even watched it since the 's (in full) and just finished it for the first time since in June . Even after not seeing it since that long, many of the songs came back to me, as if it was yesterday. How about that incredible voice of July Andrews, and some of the others. Even, "I am , going on " or similar by a boy, was top notch, and that is my not me (a tough guy) to like such. Much of it brought tears to my eyes, thinking what a great influence it was, to the most positive attitudes as an example, to even July praying on her knees. Of course just a film, and many would love to have such a life. Sad to see or hear that the oldest daughter (in real life) has already passed away, but wow, what a long life Julie and Christopher (and career) they both have had, especially Mr. Plummer. A must buy, and greatful I picked it up at only $. not so long ago. Enjoy!
4. One of the all time best movies! - This is the bar for which all musicals should be compared for! By far the greatest musical ever made. And to boot for, a movie that showcases great storytelling, cinematography, art direction, costumes, plus the wonderful direction of Mr Wise. You will be for a treat with the amazing cast headed by the wonderful and superb tour de force by Ms Andrews who not only chews the scenes but also shines as the lovely sans "rebellious" nun Maria, you'll be delighted by the masterful commanding acting of Mr Plummer who gives life to Mr von Trapp, but gives him a dimension a heart that makes you see that this man has a humanity inside. The supporting cast is amazing including the kids (the kids will steal your heart). All, as the movie will teach you, are "some of my favorite things"! I'm super glad is now on digital format and cannot wait to get it!
5. Waste of Money - I bought this movie, mostly because I am in a play and need to study, I bought the movie, and it asked me to grant my account permission. I did that no problem, but then it asked me to "download from app store" and I thought it would download the movie. It downloaded two apps automatically and my $ is wasted.
6. I really like it but why should I buy it - I watched like two min of it in music class and I loved it. I looked for it on Netflix on the internet then I came here. (I came her cause the Internet and on the Internet it said I could rent it) I looked and no renting and no SD only one price so I'm not giving you my money. All I was doing was a movie marathon now I can't continue. (I'm also not buying it cause I usually only watch a movie once)
7. Forever Love The Sound of Music - There is never a moment where I am not happy watching this film. My grandmother introduced it to me before I can even remember, and I will share it with my grandchildren, and they will share it with theirs. It is a timeless film, filled with good feelings, which is hard to find nowadays.
Release date: 2004-12-22 $14.99
1. Three different kinds of people writing reviews... - The way I see it, there are three people who are writing these reviews: people who have seen the broadway musical and seen the movie and have loved both, people who have only seen the movie and loved it, and people who have seen both the Broadway production and the movie and have hated the movie because they are comparing the movie to the broadway show. But the movie is supposed to be different than the live show. Who cares if Emmy and Gerard aren’t as good as the live performers? They haven’t had the same training/experience as the live performers, so what do you want from them? This movie is an adaptation of the show, it isn’t supposed to be exactly like the live production. That’s what makes this movie so unique. But, to each their own. Personally, this movie is amazing for me. It makes me cry every time I watch it. Just do me a favor and watch it to make your own impression of it instead of taking other people’s word for it. See what you think.
2. Childhood movie - Love love love this movie! I actually own it through DVD, but making a review here. I remember watching it when I was or , we rented it from Redbox but the DVD was scratched, so we rented another one, that one was also scratched . I was eventually able to watch it when I got it as a gift from one of my grandparents. Over the years looking back on some scenes that didn't make sense at the time, finally clicked and made much more sense now (like when I found out the old gentleman at the beginning was Raoul in the "present" and looking back when he and Christine had finally reunited again. It was would also explain why he didn't have a mask lol). Another scene when Christine was walking in the cemetery to her father's tombstone as she sang, I wondered how her voice could echo in a cemetery haha just things like that that made no sense for a - year old.
3. BEST MOVIE EVER - I love this movie so much. I’ve legit watched it like times. I % recommend it!! I’m going to watch it again after I write this review. In my opinion I totally ship Christine and the Phantom! Best movie ever. It’s one of those movies where you would watch it again and again and it would never get boring. Loved it!!
4. WHY!!!!!! - Why do all of you like this it is not doing the musical justice I hate how confident Emily/Christine was in think of me also point of no return was terribly shot and the costuming for that scene was horrible the amount of times she had to put her sleeve back is ridiculous also Gerard Butler looked weird in the mask the only good thing about this is when they go back from the first shot that is it!
5. A huge let-down. - Watching this movie after seeing the Broadway performance and the Royal Albert Hall Anniversary performance makes this movie underwhelming to say the least. I understand that operas/musicals are more dramatic and theatrical than movies but it hurts to watch kareoke night club singers try to sing and be autotuned during the entire movie. The acting was just fine but when the singing starts it just blows it for me. The movie setting is the right type of venue for opera/musicials. It takes that "spark" out of it. If you've come here for the singing and you’re a music major or a vocal major, you probably won't be impressed.
6. Musicals should have trained singers (and Carlotta should have been Italian!!!!!) - Emmy was only when she filmed this. I think her portrayal is pretty impressive considering. She may not have the best operatic voice but it's lovely to listen to and incredibly charming. I HATED Minnie Driver... that accent had me up a wall. Couldn't they choose someone who actually spoke Italian?!? It should have been a real italian actress. Is it really that farfetched that Carlotta should have been/spoken Italian?!!! It was just painful to watch. Gerard was dissapointing as well. The "Angel of music" with an underwhelming voice and portrayal. It's mainly him and Emmy on screen (he is of course the title character) which makes it difficult to love this film. I understand that when adapting broadway to film, they want to distance themselves and create something new, but ignoring the importance of musical talent, trained singers!, is a sin. In a musical, the voice is above all else!
7. Not that good. - While I do like the sets and costumes, they choose the wrong actors for this movie. Raoul is not a fop, Christine should be pure, and the Phantom is certainly not sexy with a mild deformity. His deformity was supposed to drive him insane. The Phantom is a sadistic murderer with a disturbing obsession. Honestly, the Broadway musical is way better, as well as the and version.
8. Horrible Rendition - I've seen the stage production and listen to the performances of Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman on CD. The performances in this movie pale in comparison; so much so that I stopped watching this movie after minutes. Both the acting and singing were sub-par. I have to say, however, that Minnie Driver was a hoot in her small role as the Diva.
Release date: 2021-06-11 $14.99
1. Better than Hamilton? - To me it is. I’m Latino so that’s part of the reason, but also it has more soul and the characters develop more. The music is fun, gets your feet tapping and it’s not just hip hop. Lin-Manuel does a great job of mixing in ballads for the traditional Broadway fans. I’d give it stars if I could.
2. In The Heights Movie - If you need to be uplifted, this is your movie. If you need to feel joy, love, and unconditional friendship, this is your movie. If you need a nudge towards pursuing your dreams, this is your movie. If you simply want to sing, dance, and hear music in the streets, this is your movie. Jon M Chu and Quiara Hudes have translated Lin-Manuel Miranda’s stage production into a visual and audio movie masterpiece! This is a must-see! stars aren’t enough!
3. Trailer told me everything I needed to know - Gathered from what I saw in the movie trailer. The movie isn’t something I’d watch. In a portion of the Trailer a kid says “there gonna come after all the “Dreamers”.” Which.. clearly means this movie is about the acceptance of illegal immigration. I’m sure this movies popular on the other side of the aisle.
4. Nope! - I loved this musical when I saw it back in high school & I’ve listened to the CD so many times, but the movie.....terrible!! I couldn't even finish it unfortunately. I’m really disappointed because I’ve been so excited to see it ever since I first heard they were going to make it. Sadly they altered the movie. I would not recommend!
5. Streets that are made of Music - Everything about this story is beautiful. The secret ingredient behind every shot, every instrument, every visual effect, and every performance, is joy, and a hope for humanity that just flows through every fiber of this film. I now own both the movie and Broadway soundtracks, and I laugh, cry, and connect with the characters every time I return to this beautiful world. It is a story and celebration for every generation.
Release date: 2019-05-31 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Worse movie ever!!!!! - Wow. How can you make a movie based on one of our times greatest music legends, and turn it into a ridiculous homosexual orgie of low class actors jumping around, pretending to perform his greatest hits?!?! I grew up in the ‘’s and loved Elton’s music and melodic style. He did after all, make an original genre of music, all his own. But this was just taking snippets of his life and turning them into a bad B rated movie synopsis of gay men in terrible costumes. Why not tell a story of how he overcame adversity, and how his talents and idiosyncrasies actually made him a musical legend??? I only finished it, so I could give a full perspective of it, not for any level of enjoyment or entertainment. Don’t waste your money. Spend it on E’s real album’s!
2. Brilliant movie - As someone who’s name is Elton I have never truly been a fan of Elton John until I saw this movie. I never liked the comparisons people made but after seeing his brilliant talent and the beauty of every single song it is phenomenal! I am on may way to make a cover of one of his songs and share it with everyone!
3. Laughed, sang, cried - The movie captures all the heart we feel when we listen to the music Elton and BTaupin are famous for. Extremely well done. The lead actor was perfectly cast such that we felt as if we were watching Elton himself. Supporting actors were perfect. The screenwriting captured all the crucial moments that built EJ including his born-with-it talent, the joy and pain of fame, the reasons people turn to a vice, and the destruction and recovery from addiction. The music was perfectly placed as well; loved the "punctuation"-like riffs as the film progressed. If you were young in the s you'll love it. We saw it in the theater; laughed and cried and sang; renting to watch again. Deserves an award.
4. Huge letdown - I’m a big Elton fan and I wanted to enjoy this movie so much. But it’s just one huge pity party and on top of that it’s a MUSICAL. Doesn’t make any sense and there’s no real central plotline. Bohemian Rhapsody was cliche but at the very least there was a clear plot. I want my $ back. Luckily i didn’t waste money at the theatres on this.
5. Its a really bad MUSICAL, NOT a drama - Super disappointed that this was past off as a drama and inspired by Elton Johns story and his music... NOPE, it was a glorified (really bad) musical! I wasted the $ renting it and could only stomach about minutes of it.... I would rather watch “fiddler on the roof” multiple times... kill me
6. Great movie with powerful insights - This movie is amazing. I was not expecting it to be a musical, which are usually cheesy and boring. But this is unike that. Each song depicts the struggles and challenges Elton faced. I even had the subtitle son so I would not miss any part of the lyrics. Truly a masterpiece. Will watch it again.
7. I’ve been listening to the soundtrack for days and I can’t stop - Taron’s acting was PHENOMENAL. When I heard that he sang all the songs himself, I died and went to heaven. Literally. Not only did Taron sing the soundtrack without input from Elton, but he also sang them in a way that IMPRESSED E L T O N J O H N. I’ve never really been a fan of Elton’s classic songs (except for crocodile rock) because it was decades before my time. But after watching rocketman and hearing Taron absolutely SLAY the music, it’s like I can finally hear what makes Elton’s music so special. Taron’s acting and the directing/production/everything created a musical experience for me that I could emotionally relate to (on a smaller scale) Ive loved watching taron in Kingsman and Sing, but rocketman is by far, my favorite movie he’s acted AND sung in. If you haven’t seen it yet, then please please please, give it a chance and rent it. It’s emotional, inspiring, and beautiful.
8. Star - Absolutely loved it. Personally though the focus on the music throughout the movie was amazing and felt like I was watching a musical throughout because of the singing by multiple characters. Taron killed it throughout and can't respect him enough for actually singing all of the songs. Would recommend to anyone.
Release date: 1988-11-18 $4.99
1. Movies that we used to love as kids don’t hold up when we become adults - This movie was fun to watch when I was a teenager, but it is not entertaining now that I am in my s. I don’t watch Disney movies that often, but I still enjoy watching them, but not this one. There are a few good songs, but most of the time, they are forgettable and aren’t as memorable like the songs from Aladdin, The Lion King, Toy Story, or Pocahontas. The storyline is bad, because it is not enough like the story by Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist. Disney did not take the books material to best use because they used animals instead of people for Oliver and Dodger, and Disney also took out Rose, Nancy, and Noah from Charles Dickens classic novel. The small furry orange kitten, Oliver is easy to like, but most of the dog characters are just too annoying, (except for Titto), but not as annoying as the man who sells hot dogs at the beginning of the film. I really enjoyed the little girl, Jenny, she makes me feel good and makes up for some of the flaws. It’s not everyday a Disney movie features a young cute girl who also has a young girl doing the voice of her. I also like Fagin the homeless man, he has a hard life, sometimes he can be happy, stressed out, just like we are, but he is very easy to like no matter what. The other voice acting is excellent, just like with all of the other animated Disney movies I have seen from the s and s. Billy Joel, Frank Welker, Dom Delouse, and Cheech Marian are amazing. Another down side is the animation, it is good in some spots, but most of the time it is week, flat, and a little fuzzy. And yes I am including some of the characters and the city of New York, where the movie takes place. I went to New York only one time with my family when I was only , with my year old sister, and my youngest brother. I believe we spent about nights in an embassy hotel. We walked around Big Apple, where some of this movie takes place. We walked around Central Park, where part of one of the songs takes place, not all of it which is Good Company, one of the better songs featured in this movie. We walked around the big Toys R Us Store, and my parents let me buy two Thomas & Friends box cars, which I still own with other Thomas & Friends toys and wooden tracks. Too bad Toys R Us in New York closed down, maybe it had to do something about money. Toys R Us was not featured at all in this movie. We also rode on the MTA Subway train, we rode on the local for a short time, not the express. The chase scene near the end of this movie also takes place part of the time on the MTA Subway train tracks, definitely not on the same like I rode on with my family. I can not remember which MTA line we took, but I know for sure we rode it at least once. The last thing I remember is riding on a ferryboat to the Statue of Liberty, right when my family and I reached our destination, I got sick and we headed back to the hotel, which was the only downside to our family vacation in New York. it did not take long for the ferryboat to take us back to downtown New York so that my family and I could get me back to the hotel to rest and feel better. The Statue Of Liberty was never featured in this movie along with Toys R Us, which I wish they would’ve showed. Now back to reviewing the rest of the movie! This movie, to be honest was growing less interesting to me as I grew older, and you will not believe how depressing, sinister, and violent this movie really gets, especially during the opening scenes and end of the film. Yes we know, too many animated Disney movies show too many scary looking villains and violence, enough to scare small children, and even kids ages to years of age. Disney gives us scary characters and scenes including the old annoying witch in Snow White, Jafar turning himself into a snake in Aladdin. Frollo killing gypsy’s in all of Paris and stabbing his son, Quasimodo with a knife in The Hunchback Of Norte Dame. The witch disguising herself into a terrible fire breathing Dragon, and attacking Prince Philip in Sleeping Beauty. The villain, Shaun-Yu in Mulan attacking with a over huns trying to destroy China, and including his voice and appearance, too. The villain, Scar killing Simba’s Dad, Mufasa in The Lion King. And Bambi the Deer’s Mom dying in Bambi. We do get some scary characters and violence in this movie, but not as much as we do in other animated Disney flicks from the s and s, or not even in the old school animated Disney flicks. If you want a wonderful and fun animated Disney movie for the whole family to enjoy, look up to The Brave Little Toaster or The Lion King, they’re far much better!
2. Don't listen to the first comment - This movie defines my childhood. It defines who I am and I love it so much. It's a great movie. Iv watched it hundreds of times and in a very wired coincidence, I rescued a orange cat when he was dumped on the side of the road with his brothers and sisters. So what better fitting name to name him with than Oliver? I had him for years and sadly last month he went missing. So for the first time In years I watched this movie and it was just as good, if not better, than I remember it. I would def recommend it. Um helloooo iTunes???? People in american would like to have the soundtrack too!!! I have found some of the original songs individually so if you are looking for them do some searching!!!
Release date: 1996-03-08 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. Fabulous - I've not seen this since it first came out. The cast is amazing ! Robin Williams at his best and Nathan Lane was made for the part with his theatrical experience- for me he steals the show. It's well written and Diane weist and Hackman did an awesome job. I too have seen the French version La Cage and no it's not the same... its better . Anyone who doesn't laugh their butts off either has no sense of humor or are homophobic imho. I'm straight and loved this flick. Worth every cent and full of laughs
2. As good as it gets - This film is a hilarious masterpiece and whether you're strait or gay you will laugh from beginning to end. It's a display of what happens when actors, writers and production personnel are at the top of their game at the same time and it is an end result that will be cherished forever.
3. Birdcage - This movie does not get enough good reviews! This is sad! This movie is awesome! Very funny, very amusing, very entertaining!
I highly recommend watching this movie. Actually, I recommend that you purchase it. It is a classic, down to earth story. Buy it!! I did, and I am happy I did!
Love all the actors in this movie!
RIP Robin Williams!
4. Great flick!!! - There are very few movies where Robin Williams gets "up-staged" by his co-stars...Yet in this tremendously talented cast they not only upstage Robin Williams in many parts throughout this flick but also cater to his amazing energy as well. I'm a HUGE fan of this movie and have been for many years. The movie has a unique modern day family value message and is sweet all the way to the core. This movie was not only funny and clever but also had a very touching message...FAMILY!!! Now I would like to talk about the message on the bottom of this page about the person who said this movie was a poor remake of a clasic french film...LIGHTEN UP!!! This movie holds it own on every level...I have seen the original and I must say...the french version lacks the charisma and charm of the american version. Nothing bugs me more when someone talks smack about a flick that clearly the majority love...But just because someone wants to seem educated and "worldly" by being so different and "deep" they have to slam a movie by making a negative comment about a movie that was clearly cast flawlessly, directed beautifully and still brought home an original feel to it...Prooves to me that this individual should just go back to doing what they probably do best...sit in starbucks and blog about how their venti iced carmel latte is TOO HOT and how "nobody understands me because I'm SOOOO deep" listen to the cure and be moody. KUDOS to all who love this movie as much as I do...And to those who slam it...I feel bad your lives must be so bad that you cant take in all the good that this movie has to offer.
5. A "Must Have" - for anyones' collection. - A grand Tour de Force! The chemistry between Lane, Williams and Azaria was the best combination for this movie. No other actors could have pulled this off with the same banter and rhythm. Who would have thought Gene Hackman would have also been in the mix as the hard-nose politician, whose daughter is marrying the son of Lane and Williams!? Again, it's a "Must Have"!!
6. Wonderful and Outstanding - This movie is definitely a "have to buy" movie. It's comical, funny, and the cast is amazing. Hank Azaria, Nathan Lane, and Robin Williams all nail their parts with room to spare. This is a laugh out loud movie for the entire family, although I would not recommend it for young children. I would suggest viewing the trailer before you attempt to rent or buy this movie. I myself have bought it and I am enjoying it without a doubt. I hope this was helpful and if it was, please click on "Yes". Enjoy!!!!
7. Five Stars! Outstanding! - This is arguably one of the greatest comedies of the s. Robin Williams and Nathan Lane are outstanding! This truly is a movie the whole family (well, except maybe little children) will enjoy. Even my grandmother thought this movie was hysterical, and she hardly watches anything that doesn't have John Wayne or Sidney Poitier or other famous actors of the time in it. Definitely worth it. Don't hesitate to rent this. This is only the second review, but don't let that stop you. After seeing this movie, you'll give it five stars too. I promise.
Release date: 2013-11-27 Genre:Kids & Family $19.99
1. So good - When I was young, like yrs ago, frozen came out. Ever since then, I’ve seen Frozen approx / times. I stopped watching it ever since middle school. My absolute favorite character in this movie is Olaf who is SOOO cute and adorable! The other characters are good, but Hans ruins the whole movie. Like what is the point of his character anyways?
2. I've always liked the idea of summer, and sun, and all things....NOT! - You know? Once upon a time--NO PUN INTENDED! Disney films, even those based on classic stories, had unforgettable pizzazz. Not to mention swell writing and original music that aged so dang well. From SNOW WHITE to THE JUNGLE BOOK, and from MARY POPPINS to OLIVER & COMPANY. And yes! everything we got from the Disney Renaissance; from BEAUTY AND THE BEAST all the way to THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME. BEST. DAYS. EVEEERRRRRRRRRRR! With FROZEN, I have to respectfully disagree with all the hype surrounding it. This is only a shadow of the Disney Renaissance. There are things that make and break it. What breaks the ice (and not in a good way) known as FROZEN is that it is next to disloyal to the original Hans Christian Andersen tale of "The Snow Queen." Where once stood an ultimate embodiment of temptation and selfishness, now stands a struggling young queen trying and failing to avoid that temptation. Instead, the temptation comes in the persons of Prince Hans of the Southern Isles and the greedy Duke of Weasel Town--Sorry, Weselton. Another thing that breaks it is the lack of well-written characters into which the writers and animators put their whole heart and soul. Don't get me wrong, now. I like Kristoff and all, but he could have used something more to explain his chemistry with Sven than what we ultimately got in the film. And although I might regret saying this, Olaf, as well-meaning as he was, annoyed me. As a matter of fact, he seemed very last-minute. He's no Genie. Nor is he any of the gargoyles. And last but not least, there is Anna, sister of the snow queen now named Elsa. I honestly don't know what to say about her....Except perhaps that Anna reflects the faces and voices of poorly depicted people in today's sticoms. Amazingly, though, the things that break FROZEN stand right next to those that MAKE the film. Note: I said the film was "next to disloyal" to the original tale. I didn't say it was disloyal entirely. For one thing, Anna carries the role of Gerda (the girl in the original tale), and like her, Anna does not give up trying to reach her best friend, even at the expense of her own life. Let's be honest, people! IT IS ANNA'S VICTORY! Not Elsa's! Elsa carries the role of the original Snow Queen as well as Gerda's friend, Kai. Like Kai, Elsa sees no more than bad. In fact, Elsa's "plight" proves that there's nothing in nature that freezes your heart like years of being alone. As for the music and songs, well, I will not say yea, and I will not say nay either. I will say that was a maker and a breaker too. Long story short, the Disney Renaissance was not a birthplace for "good bad-guy" stories. I've got no time for them. Does that take away the film's watchability? Not completely. Could FROZEN have been and done better? ABSOLUTELY!
3. FROSTBITTEN, it should be called - There was a lot big talk surrounding this one. And ultimately this second go-round for "Disney Barbie" was not worth a syllable of the promotional gab. Compared to the original tale, certainly as implied to me by an early episode of A DIFFERENT WORLD, this here--a simple story of a naive princess searching for her self-hating older sister--is not at all exciting. Empty anthems ("Let It Go", film and end title versions; "For the First Time in Forever"; "Do Wanna Build a Snowman?"), a snaky, paranoid duke, and a midget snowman with no clue of his limited existence do not help the film in the least. Plus, the "voice cast"... [There is only one reason why the filmmakers chose unidirectional live actors instead of multi-dimensional seasoned voice actors, or at least live actors with as much character.] The actors should be giving life and personality to the characters but the characters are giving it to the actors. I mean, there's Idina Menzel but not Elsa. Kristen Bell blocks out Anna. Josh Gad and Olaf? Well, there's no need for either of them, in my opinion. What's wrong with doing the original tale, with just a little something extra? And getting talent with character, even from Sweden? It's like I said, FROZEN was not worth all the media madness it got, before or after release. Basic, commercialized, and sugar-coated as this is, it ought to be called FROSTBITTEN.
4. WhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhy - Hans Christian Anderson must be rolling in his grave. I hate this with passion. Can’t express anger. Well the music scene is complete trash. Can I just say, this is a bloody mess. Why do they have American accents when they are Swedish. I wouldn’t even say I like it, even at gun point.
5. Never got to watch it! - I rented the movie to watch on the airplane on my way home, it showed that I still had hours left on the rental but a message popped up that said I no longer had access to it?? I tried again when I got home and it shows that I still have time left on the rental but it won’t play...
6. Good movie - I didn’t see it until a few weeks ago and was impressed. They did a good job with the story and without drawing anything out in my opinion. Also the fact that they gave a little more realism in the characters viewpoint of how relationships work was nice. Good job Disney. One last thing - it’s a movie I plan to rewatch later. Not a one timer.
7. Girl-Power-to-the-max! - I’ve been watching the DVD in my room, now that the sequel is in theaters. Actually, a housekeeper at my job asked me if I was going to see the sequel… Even though this is a chick-flick, I’ve seen the act before where a Fox and a hound start off as friends, until one realizes he’s different, “The Fox & The Hound.”
8. waste of your life - Its like watching a reality show about some over dramatic teenager. My wife likes Disney movies, but her nor myself could watch past mins into it. Way too many stupid songs. You can’t sing a song about everything because it gets old quick. Very disappointing to watch, we probably will never watch the whole movie. I can’t believe they made a sequel.
Release date: 1994-06-24 Genre:Kids & Family $19.99
1. Africa the birthplace of nature - I have seen the lion king the lion king Simbas pride The lion king / and the Lion Guard all the power the Majesty the beauty the romance the heroism The villainy The good and evil my third and fourth favourite villains are scar The ultimate Disney villain and Zira The supreme leader of the outsiders and my favourite hero in the Lion King and the lion guard is kion The leader of the lion guard and kion and rani are one of the best couples I have ever seen and they will both make a great king and queen and the roar of the elders as one of the greatest superpowers I have ever seen and my favourite good songs are can you feel the love tonight we are of the same pride the circle of life he lives in you And my favourite evil songs are be prepared that’s my lullaby let’s bring back a legend I have a plan lions overall when I let the guard and if these three movies and TV series have taught me anything it’s that you must respect the circle of life And I know a lot of kings from movies and TV series both good and evil and Mufasa is one of the mightiest kings I have ever seen and the lion guard is one of the greatest hero teams I have ever seen The protectors of the pride lands and defenders of the circle of life
2. One Of The Greatest Disney Animated Films - This is one of the greatest films from my childhood, I have been watching this movie since I was a little boy. The storyline, animation, characters, the songs to the music are all top notch. Other Disney movies get old after watching more than once, but this is a rare case where a Disney movie like The Lion King never gets old for someone like me. I watch this movie every single year along with The Brave Little Toaster, although this one is slightly better because it is a classic, and The Brave Little Toaster is not. The voice acting has a lot of great voice actors. James Earl Jones, Jeremy Irons, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Mathew Broderick, Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella, Whoopi Goldberg, and Cheech Marian. The songs are great, my favorites are Circle Of Life, Hakuna Mattata, and Can You Feel The Love Tonight. I saw this movie with my family back in , which was the special edition version with the new song. Morning Report in Mall Of Georgia’s IMAX Theater. My least favorite scene is the death of Simba’s Dad dying at the minute mark. The Lion King is one of the best animated features since The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. This movie is just as great as Tarzan, long live the king!
3. YAAAASS - THIS MOVIE YES Without a single fricking doubt one of the best movies of all time. I still think it’s a little too bad that they just went and made a little kids show out of it…a lion king show couldn’ve had potential. But anyhow we are not reviewing the lion guard, so once again I shall say it: THIS MOVIE YAAAAAAAASS!!!! -Muna, BISHES
4. Perhaps The Greatest Movie Ever Made By Disney - I love this movie. Terrific animation, incredible music, and to top it all off, a very moving and awe-inspiring story that teaches a powerful lesson. This just might be the single best movie ever produced by Disney. Nothing can ever replace a work of art like this.
5. Hakuna Matata - The Lion King is an endearing, classic adaptation of Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’. There is so many things this film does right, and I didn’t even watch it until I was older and I was over most Disney movies. The visuals are breathtaking, the second the sun rises at the beginning of the film and you see the vast fields and animals, it’s hard to describe the quality even on a number scale. The music is my favorite part, despite me not liking musical numbers at all. I had the songs in my head for days, the score at the start is fantastical, and it carries the mood so well. The story has got to be one of the most iconic of them all, though following another story, it shows charm and originality. Even though I found the story slightly predictable, the pacing, the stakes, everything is amazing. Anyone should watch this film. No matter what. I’m not very passionate about films but this is a must have, so you already know my rating.
6. My Favorite Childhood Movie - I love the Lion King. I own all three of the Lion King Movies, and can’t wait to own the new life-like Lion King remake. I watched this movie literally everyday in my childhood until I sold it for a chocolate bar in a yard sale, and was so happy I was able to buy it again when it was rereleased a few years ago. I love the story its one of my absolute favorite movies of all time.
7. MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!!!! - I saw this movie when I was years old, and I was obsessed! ‘Til this day, I still love it!!!!!!!!! It’s not my favorite anymore. That’s title now belongs to Star Wars. But it’s my third. (second is The LEGO movies) (all of them) I watched it times. I knew the whole thing by heart. If you ask me now, I would not remember the whole thing, because unfortunately, I haven’t watched it in years. But that’s gonna change in a few minutes!!!! Of coarse I remember some parts, like Hakuna Matada, every time I listen to it, I sing along. I loved it! And how I cried when Mufasa died. Can you feel the love tonight? OMG!! I love it. I loved this movie so much!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited for remake coming out this summer!!!
Release date: 2010-11-24 Genre:Kids & Family $19.99
1. First watched this at a birthday party - Was invited to one of my best friend's birthday parties and we went to the theaters to watch this as a part of her birthday. First time I was allowed to wear dress-up high heels at years old. It brings back a lot of memories. The birthday girl and I were very close, we went to school together and went to each other's houses after school. The friendship was strong until after she moved away. It was after when we just grew apart so long seven years without seeing her face. This movie will forever hold a part of her for me while watching this movie.
2. السلام عليكم - "﴿إ ن الل ه و م ل ائ ك ت ه ي ص ل ون ع ل ى الن ب ي ي ا أ ي ه ا ال ـذ ين آ م ن ـوا ص ل ـوا عـ ل ي ه و س ل م وا ت س ل يم ا﴾" الل ه ــم صـ ل و س ـــل م علـى ن ب ي ن ـــا م حم دﷺ .
3. - I Love it it’s amazing and I don’t get why some people don’t like it because Disney did such a good job tangled is a great Disney movie because it inspires girls to be brave and do things that you cannot do it another time and I love when the movie takes a dark turn and she gets her hair cut off and it’s just a really great movie I think you should definitely watch it because I love it and it’s so inspiring and it’s the best Disney movie that I watched
4. Totally Underrated - I remember going and seeing this movie in theaters with my dad and little brother when it first came out -- I was only eleven then -- and seven years later, as a recent high school graduate, I can still say that this is still one of my (and my sixteen-year-old brother's) absolute favorite Disney movies. Whenever my friends and I start talking about our favorite Disney movies, without fail, someone will always brings up how underrated they think Tangled is (Mulan and Tangled have always been the biggest favs, but now that Moana has entered the mix, things might change lol). Anyway! All my girlfriends (and quite a few of my guy friends, too) know all the words to the soundtrack and I'll be shocked if Tangled isn't considered a classic by the time I have kids who are all grown up!
5. Worthy of Being Disney's th in a History Longer than Rapunzels hair - Disney, oh Disney, you’ve had your ups and downs over the movies you made before this. While there was a mid-s slump of disappointments, after Pixar became a full member of your family, you began to improve, with exciting adventures like Meet the Robinsons and Bolt, and the traditionally animated Princess and the Frog. With these under your belt thanks to the help of Pixar magic, your first CGI musical proves not to be a let down (like what Rapunzel does with her hair), but a raising of the standards for CGI animation as a whole, especially with Rapunzel’s long, long, long, long… long, long hair (thank Disney this movie isn’t as long as Rapunzel’s hair). Our story opens with Rapunzel’s mother being saved by a magic flower that Mother Gothel (Donna Murphy) uses to extend her life and look young. After she accidentally reveals its existence to the guards searching for a cure for the queen, she desperately seeks to get it back somehow, and the queen’s daughter (who she was pregnant with when she was sick and cured) showcases magical hair whose abilities are eerily reminiscent of the flower. To get that power, she pulls a reverse-Bryan Mills, and uses her particular set of skills to take the princess, and use her hair as a magical restorative, and raises her as her own, raising her to be completely helpless. Fast Forward or so years, and Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) wakes up to the day before her th birthday, and asks to see the lights that always appear on her birthday (which are actually the king and queen sending lanterns into the sky to get the attention of Rapunzel). After being refused, she eventually discovers Flynn Rider (Zachary Levi) in her tower, after he runs in by accident after being chased by the castle soldiers for stealing Rapunzel’s crown from when she was a baby. After a hilarious interrogation scene, Rapunzel gets him to take her to the source of the lights in exchange for the crown. She boldly goes where no ludicrously long haired princess has gone before: the outside world, and after a montage of feeling good about abandoning her “mother” and feeling bad about it, she gets to the Snuggly Duckling, where a game of cat-and-mouse between her and Flynn and the guards begins, and continues for a while, culminating in another quality Disney climax. The plot isn’t exactly tangled in plot holes, but there is a little more pushing of suspension-of-disbelief than usual. Otherwise, Rapunzel is a great Disney Princess. She may not be as independent and confident as Anna and Elsa proved to be in Frozen, but she adapts eventually (remember she left her tower for the first time ever about minutes in, and only ever had contact with “Mother” Gothel until Flynn arrived, so she was her only positive relationship in her life, and the only other human being she ever had contact with, so it’s alright and realistic for Rapunzel in particular to be a little helpless). Her chemistry with everyone in the film from Flynn to the Snuggly Duckling patrons is priceless comedy and an eye-opening experience to her. We’ve all had eye-opening experiences. All of us have had something happen to us that ripped up what we thought was true and burned the shreds while we’re forced to watch. This is Rapunzel seeing that the world is not the hell-hole that her “mother” made it out to be. Flynn is a classic suave, swashbuckling thief with a heart of gold who makes friends and influences people. All the music does its job, whether the characters start singing in the way all Disney characters must sing in this type of movie. Alan Menken provides a satisfying score while the cast provides wonderful songs that (while not the never-ending anthem Let It Go would be three years later) give us insight into the characters’ feelings and add a layer of fantastical feel-good. And don’t even get me started on the animation. The most expensive animated movie ever made could have just been an awe-inspiring look at how far animation has come since Disney first released Snow White in , but in addition to how far they’ve come in movies and years (as of Tangled’s release), we see an amazing story of an innocent girl meeting the world, and seeing that (while her mother told some truth) everything, like the Weird Al song says, she knew was wrong: the world does have selfish people, but sometimes, the worst-seeming people have dreams too, whether they want to see the floating lights like Rapunzel, or they want to be a concert pianist, mime, or a Pokemon master (last one is my dream, the rest are all from the movie). It actually makes an old Walt Disney quote ring true: “If you can dream it, you can do it.” Walt dreamed animation would bring joy to people, and animation in his name brings joy to those who watch to this day. May Disney give us fifty more classics, and many, many more.
6. I See The Light!! - Amazing movie! It's a funny romantic type film that had me surprised because I didn't expect that from Disney. Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi are such an amazing duo! Fell in love with this movie and I would recommend this film to everyone! Both males and females will love this film. Coming from a guy. Favorite Disney princess movie. Close to The little mermaid, but I love Mandy!