Release date: 1999-10-02 Genre:Horror $9.99
1. Truly horrific in a positive way! - This is a truly horrific film in a very clever, original and positive way! I don’t mean the film is positive, but I do mean that, in a positive manner, it is a great horror film! I do not want to reveal anything and ruin anything for anyone, so I won’t. See it for yourself if you dare…
Release date: 1989-07-01 Genre:Horror $4.99
Release date: 2014-12-05 Genre:Action & Adventure $12.99
Release date: 2011-02-23 Genre:Anime $9.99
1. Not the Minute Version, But Not Bad - It’s a perfect love letter to long-time fans, with great quality w/ not that bad a dub, either. Yeah, I know that’s a bold claim because it’s a Kids dub, but it’s not half bad. The only thing that confuses me, is why isn’t it the extended edition? It’s minutes longer than the theatrical version & Kids dubbed it. How do I know? They released it in the U.K. in that version & someone ripped it & put it on YouTube, which is how I initially watched it. Cinedigm & K Media own the rights to distribute the various Yugioh episodes & movies, so why don’t they have the extended version to release? Anyways, it’s still a good movie, with good voice acting w/ not that bad of a dub. Definitely a buy for all fans.
Release date: 2014-06-06 Genre:Horror $4.99
1. Visually Stunning but thats about it... - This film is stunning to watch, but from a storyline perspective its just a very disjointed film. I don’t think the script could ever stand on its own. stars to the cinematographer. star to the writer. stars for a Director who’s still developing their skills.
2. Something Different... - Personally, I don’t really like action horror. So I was a little skeptic going into Rigor Mortis. Surprisingly, this is one of the better action horror movies I’ve ever seen. It’s not great, but it blends action and horror near perfectly. It’s not like the Resident Evil movies how they focus more on action than scares. Not too much makes sense at the beginning but as the movie progresses, things start to make a little more sense. The end kinda threw me off and I still don’t know what to think about it. But Rigor Mortis is still worth a watch, especially if you’re in the mood for something a little different.
3. One of the most visually stunning films I have ever seen - I have to say, I absolutely love visually stunning films. Films that really consider atmosphere, mood, and balance to create a specific flow. This is one of those movies. It is a beauty to watch, and the events flow seamlessly, with the visually fidelity never letting up. It is one of those movies that you just enjoy watching because it is beautifully crafted, although the story is very well written. It has all the makings of a classic. Highly recommended.
Release date: 2017-11-10 Genre:Thriller $7.99
1. Great for Genre Type - First movie of it’s type that I’ve seen. Great for whatever Genre type it falls under. Very violent with a story behind it. Don’t know what other review meant, definitely had the scene of person being cut in half and more. Intro even says how it was remastered and approved by Miike.
Release date: 2000-04-25 Genre:Anime $9.99
Release date: 2013-02-11 Genre:Horror $4.99
Release date: 2014-05-30 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $11.99
Release date: 2018-07-06 Genre:Documentary $9.99
Release date: 2015-01-23 Genre:Thriller $6.99
1. Worth every penny and more! - If you are a true thriller fan, then this movie is for you. Face new faces to watch, tons of blood and many smart twists make this a must see movie indeed! Don't listen to the negative reviewers, this is a movie worth watching. Not for the faint of heart however...I was serious about there being a ton of blood and gore!! Loved it!!
2. Not very good - This movie has all of the criteria that would make for an awesome film; the first minutes are amazingly brutal, and make you think that the rest of the film is equally graphic. Unfortunately, after that first grouse death, the movie dissolves into a Japanese mess of overacting, poor story, and weak cinematography. I understand that Japan cares more bout television than it does film, but there is no excuse for these amateur style films that look pedestrian compared to what a talented director would create. Not a good film. Avoid.
Release date: 2002-04-06 Genre:Thriller $7.99
1. Quite possibly the best movie I have ever seen. - This movie will send you on an emotional roller-coaster ride like no other. You will be sad, and scared, oddly enough at one point you will likely laugh incredibly hard. By the end it will leave you wanting more or wishing you could scrub it from your minds eye. Either way you won't be quite the same again. Utterly brilliant.
2. Lots of plotholes but has an interesting concept - Although it left me wanting, I actually liked this movie. The twists and the concept are beautiful. The deaths really leave an impact (no pun intended) and the mystery keeps you guessing until the end. It makes a HECK of a lot more sense than "The Happening," far-fetched but waaaaaay more believable. It's a low budget flick so there are a few plot holes, terrible lighting, and things left unexplained but it doesn't steal away from the direction the story is heading in. My only major gripe is that there wasn't enough character development. When someone dies or something happens, as a viewer I feel nothing. I have no sympathy or care for any of the main characters, good and bad. Actually I found the bad people highly interesting but the movie left alot things open-ended. You either like it or you don't, but it's worth a watch in my opinion.
3. A weird, beautiful film. - Every time I watch Suicide Club I love it more. It can be hard to grasp the first time, but if you watch closely, this is a gorgeous film - definitely a favorite of mine now. It's not a good movie if you're in a specific mood - there are elements of B movie gore, touching moments, horror, and social commentary. Stick with it and you might find it really gets to you.
4. Starts okay, then turns into incoherent mumbo-jumbo - I don't know how this movie could have received good reviews. For the first hour or so, it's a passable mystery-horror story. After that, it dissolves into incoherence and a lot of metaphysical mumbo-jumbo. The ending made no sense at all. What a waste of money.
Release date: 1998-12-30 Genre:Drama $4.99
Release date: 2010-10-02 Genre:Drama $12.99
Release date: 2017-11-03 Genre:Action & Adventure $12.99
1. Good times for anime fans - So much fun! There's a little suspension of disbelief but it willingly given, not forced. The acting and directing were excellent, and the story was worth partaking of in that it wasn't the good vs evil schtick. Just lots of fun, though not overly realistic, gore. A brilliant real-life adaption of manga/anime. The lines were delivered in such a fashion as to be indistinguishable from anime:-)
2. Good not Great though. - Sadly it wasn’t as good as “ Assassins”. Though both are very over the top, the difference is the “” samurai fighting vs one samurai fighting ’s people. Yes the man has immortality but in the situation it just seems unreasonable that, that many men cant subdue him. You constantly see scenes were there are guys just standing there in the background with their swords not doing anything. In “ Assassins” they also prepare for a huge onslaught, whereas this guy just walks into it. If this were animated it would probably have been much more believable, since animated scenes can be more convincingly done where a character can be made to move faster or something. Despite these flaws it was still entertaining. It felt very much like an anime and with exception to the fight scenes, worked very well.
Release date: 2012-05-18 Genre:Kids & Family $9.99
1. Disappointing - If you are a dog lover like I am, the type that treats dogs like their children, you'll be disturbed by this movie. The dog of course is outstanding and breaks your heart, but there are too many moments where Quill suffers from the callousness of his owner. You never get to enjoy the magical talents of the dog because you're constantly worrying about the insensitive people around him.
Release date: 2015-04-10 Genre:Documentary $7.99
1. Mediocre - Not as good as Jiro Dreams of Sushi. It's slightly different take on it, but the film doesn't flow well in my opinion. Only redeeming scenes were with the old man and the discussion around how the rice and knife skills combine with years of experience to make the perfect piece of sushi. Much of the rest of the film I found quite boring.
Release date: 2016-03-18 Genre:Documentary $9.99
1. Beautiful Documentary but Subtitles Missing - Beautifully shot and moving documentary about the saké-making process and those who dedicate much of their lives to preserving tradition. However the subtitles for the film are not present in this version and the audio is almost exclusively in Japanese. I have raised the issue with the iTunes Store and they are promising to investigate.
Release date: 2018-02-02 Genre:Sci-Fi & Fantasy $9.99
1. saddest happy ending - like most Kiyoshi Kurosawa movies, the pacing is very slow by american standards, but the ending is hella good. found myself crying a little bit at the end. its a slow burn, but its that same slow pacing that drew me in and made me care about the characters. At first I thought the end was a cop out because its technicaly a happy ending, but then the last scene hits, and its very tragic. just be patient and go with it, its a great movie!
Release date: 2020-02-11 $9.99
1. Wow! - Live action versions of great anime are often mediocre productions...not this one! The plot, the acting and the cinematography are excellent. The computer graphics are top notch, especially the water effects. Each character's "stand" is well done. The director develops tension throughout many scenes in a manner similar to Hitchcock. Don't miss this gem of a movie!
One question? Am I imagining this or nor- The character with the white hat has "Jo" lettering on the front, and it seems to move from left to right and back again throughout the movie? Yes...No....Why?
Release date: 2021-09-17 Genre:Drama $12.99
Release date: 1992-10-03 Genre:Horror $4.99
Release date: 2014-12-19 Genre:Documentary $14.99
1. Takahata and his tale of the Princess Kaguya - Fascinating behind the scenes look at: Takahata's creative process (voices first, then drawings), how the music was composed (and recomposed) fit to each image, and how watercolor paintings (instead of the usual gouache or straight computer animation) were turned into D animated backgrounds. A few slow spots, not as seamlessly produced as Miazaki's documentary on the making of The Wind Rises, but very true to this artist and his wildly different methods.
Release date: 2012-02-11 Genre:Drama $12.99
1. What a Weird Movie - So, apparently, this movie is based on a visual novel series of video games. For that reason, I can't put it in the same genre as "video game" adaptations, because visual novels aren't really video games. They're more adjacent. That said, this movie is really funny and really stupid, but in a good way that probably does justive to the cource material. It feels like a live-action anime at times, and the camera work/editing style is fantastic. It's also an utter mess that doesn't really have a central plot. It has three or four plots, which don't really have much to do with each other until they do. But the way that they intersect feels a bit forced, and I can't help but think that this comes from the source material. The movie just kind of rolls with it, and the fact that it's willing to exmbrace the silliness really elevates everything. This is a stupid world with a stupid plot (I don't mean that negatively), and the characters are mostly just ridiculous. But, goshdarnit... the line deliveries for some of the comedic lines are some of the best I've ever heard. So, four out of five for me. Way too messy to be a masterpiece, but way too fun to be bad.
Release date: 2017-11-24 Genre:Independent $9.99
Release date: 2006-11-24 Genre:Thriller $12.99
Release date: 2015-01-23 $2.99
Release date: 2020-03-20 Genre:Documentary $15.99
Release date: 1967-06-25 Genre:Classics $11.99
Release date: 2017-11-17 Genre:Independent $9.99
Release date: 2014-10-11 Genre:Thriller $2.99
Release date: 2010-09-18 Genre:Horror $9.99
1. Good God, this movie was awesome! - I have always wanted to see a horror movie where bullies get what they deserve, and this movie delivers in spades. It starts out as a simple horror movie with a masked assailant keeping some student trapped in a classroom. What he makes them do in order to gain their freedom, whoever, was so disturbing, it just goes to show that bullies ultimately all get what’s coming to them, in one form or another. I didn’t feel sorry for a single one, and really wanted to see just how gruesome the film ultimately ended up being. A really fun, well-made movie. Watch it for the pure “joy” of it all!
Release date: 2013-05-18 Genre:Anime $7.99
Release date: 2014-05-23 $12.99
Release date: 2014-10-26 $12.99
Release date: 2014-11-07 Genre:Action & Adventure $7.99
Release date: 2016-09-30 Genre:Documentary $9.99
Release date: 2012-11-01 $12.99
Release date: 2015-06-27 Genre:Action & Adventure $11.99
Release date: 2002-08-07 Genre:Horror $9.99
Release date: 2022-09-12 Genre:Documentary $12.99
Release date: 2015-02-28 Genre:Thriller $9.99
Release date: 2014-06-14 $12.99
Release date: 2010-09-18 Genre:Foreign $12.99
Release date: 2017-03-07 Genre:Drama $12.99