Hockey fans already know the name, but this is not the blog. From Sportsnet, 32 Thoughts: The Podcast with Jeff Marek and NHL Insider Elliotte Friedman is a weekly deep dive into the biggest news and interviews from the hockey world.
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Disappointed - I enjoy this show for the unique insight into the goings-on around the NHL, but putting out this episode without any mention of Mitchell Miller is absurd. Even if it didn’t come up in the interview, it should have been mentioned in the pre-recorded insert. That is the story in the league right now, and it reminds me of this show’s hesitation to discuss Kyle Beach during that time last year. Do better.
2. Amil Delic - Jeff and Elliott get along well and have a great rapport, which makes them easy to listen to….just two guys talking hockey. But the real star of the show is Amil Delic. The production value of this podcast is incredible. The little drops and added background music to stories takes the listener experience to another level. Kudos Amil. Keep up the great work.
3. Turn Down the Bumper Music - I enjoy this podcast and the information and discussions that Jeff and Elliote have. I appreciated that it had shorter episodes days a week instead of the longer episodes weekly when the show first started. I also enjoy the humor of the show and the chemistry between the two hosts. However, can you please turn down the bumper music? There is one bumper where it sounds like nails on a chalkboard, and if you are listening with ear-buds, it can get really loud. Personally I wish they would either bring back the old bumper music or get rid of it entirely. I'm afraid my hearing will go out sometimes when I listen to this show.
4. Hockey evolved, stop playing catch up - Ugh, too much pearls clutching and outdated view of hockey. Catch up with times, before you are left behind. Hockey evolved and this podcast should too. Elliotte is clinging to “his generation’s” perception of life and game too much to the point to becoming irrelevant and annoying.
5. thoughts…on COVID - Yes, Covid is occurring, but when /s of the podcast is covering Covid and not the sport, you know, the distraction we’re desiring, it’s time to
tap out. I can take the political rants to an extent (they’re Canadian, you already know they’re left leaning); the minutes of “here’s a band you never heard of from X…” got old real quick.
6. Why are you apologizing? - Elliotte, I know you explained why you’re apologizing, but it strikes me as very odd. It’s almost as if you’re making yourself a part of this story — a much bigger part than necessary. It also seemed a little tone deaf to admit the embarrassment of being scooped by TSN. Why go there right now? I love your work, but this just seems oddly self-centered. You didn’t do anything wrong.
7. Consistently interesting - Outside of the occasional obligatory PC left wing topics this is really good otherwise. Marek is too deep in the forest to understand NHL scoring, blimp goalies and horrible officiating. Typical dense CanDian clod apologist for game that has had the life sucked out of it . But he is knowledgeable. Friedge is very fair journalist. Far better than listening to shallow vulgarian and faux NJ tough guy wyshinski
8. Are you going to interview Rick Westhead - Toews only comment so far is that he is “annoyed”, “it seemed like it fed the fire a little bit “. Brent Sopel said he didn’t come forward sooner because he feared retaliation to his charity organization...he was afraid of retaliation to his charity. Think about that. Patrick Kane was not put on trial because the victims rape kit was removed from police evidence and destroyed the chain of evidence. Patrick Kane had an off duty police officer in his employ the night of the assault. That looks like collusion and police corruption. As the hockey saying goes. Past behavior is the best prediction of future performance.
9. Great Pod - This is a great listen, these guys do a great job and the production valid is excellent. I shake my head at Marek sometimes but I don’t think I’m alone. How about ads on visors? Never knew Elliotte covered the NBA...also didn’t know there’s an NHL team in Detroi-it :). Love the pod, gents! Almost as good as the Bobcast was ;).
10. An essential weekly listen. The best hockey podcast out there. - Other than my local team’s podcasts, this is my go-to podcast for national and global hockey news. Real insight, real perspectives from two people that have been involved with this for years. I followed Marek here from his old podcast, MvsW, and have really liked his change of role from the serious one to the heater, setting up the heavy takes to Elliotte while contributing insights of his own. They play off each other very well and I always walk away with my mind expanded ever so slightly. Even the metaphors and the language they use is top notch: Marek actually said in a recent clip “one which is explicitly two is implicitly one,” and then followed up with “that is a pretentious way of asking...” One example of the eclectic mix of hockey and knowledge. The show itself is VERY well produced. I was expecting the best effort of a Canadian sports giant, but this feels like if NPR produced a hockey podcast. No technical flaws, no annoying issues with levels or popping. The sound bytes they get are mixed well, the music they play at the end is always local and always catchy. I never have to adjust the volume, and that’s increasingly rare with podcasts today. I honestly can’t think of one bad thing to say about this podcast, and I definitely am proud to mention it any time I’m talking podcasts.
11. More hockey, less promoting NHL profits - I like listening to these guys, but for the life of me do not understand why they spend so much time trying to increase the NHL’s profits at the expense of the game. I don’t get why they’re spending half of an episode rattling off ideas like ads on jerseys and expanded playoffs because that will increase profits for the league. There are more interesting and worthy things to talk about. We don’t need more Darren Rovells in the hockey world.
12. I look forward to it every week - Jeff and Elliotte are fantastic together in this podcast. Listening every week makes me feel like I know everything that’s going on in the NHL and they both offer some of the greatest insight in the hockey landscape. Amil’s gotta put so much work into the editing but he does such a good job (really loving the new time stamps). Also, whoever picks the music does a KILLER job, I found Scenic Route to Alaska because of you guys so many thanks!
Former NHL vets Ryan Whitney, Paul Bissonnette, Barstool Sports writer Rear Admiral and Producer Mike Grinnell bring their outspoken and irreverent opinions to the masses. Focusing on the NHL but also touching on pop culture and everything else under the sun. New episode every Tuesday. . You can find every episode of this show on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or YouTube. Prime Members can listen ad-free on Amazon Music. For more, visit barstool.link/schiclets
Release date: 2023-02-28
1. Period D - This was one of my favorite podcasts of all time, it gives so much inside on hockey stats and hockey culture. There is always stories and news to be told and it makes for a very entertaining hour or two. On long drives it is more entertaining than listening to music sometimes, especially when you just want to relax and have a good laugh or two. RA, Whit, and Biz can carry a conversation like no other people they all have the brains, mostly RA, but hockey stories are never short when they talk. It also makes me reflect on how hockey has changed my life, while they tell stories it takes me back to stories that have happened through my many years of playing. I will always remember my friends that have became my family and I will always love no matter what. I think many people will like it for the same reasons as me because many hockey players have similar experiences and relate to other hockey players.
2. Getting too corporate - I am a -year listener. My perception is the pod is getting too corporate. This manifests in more ad-reads, more talk about the pod’s business interests, and more low value stilted banter and less real feeling organic conversations. This season I have found myself fast forwarding through the opening mins of conversation to get to the league talk and then fast forwarding again because I’ve already heard the same content on Thoughts. The interviews remain excellent. I now also skip the post interview banter because it feels like the hosts are filling time. I’m sure the pod is more successful as a business entity than it has ever been and I commend the hosts for their incredible success story. The problem is, it listens more and more like a successful business rather than an intimate and entertaining pod. Everything has arcs and if the pod’s current direction continues, it has peaked as an entity, in my opinion.
3. Trung Phan interview - Great interview. Make him the Chiclets finance contributor. That said, what you left out was that SBF is the second largest donor to the Democratic Party. He also took investment from Ukrainian government of $ billion AFTER the US government gave them billions to fund their war effort. So this is the scam. Democrats give Ukrainian government billions. Ukrainian government invests a billion into FTX. SBF then gives millions to Democratic Party. If you boys are going to cover this, which I support, then be honest.
4. RA is a moron - When it’s good, it’s real good. Unfortunately has become inflated with promotions that are tough to sift through. How about RA though? Last week with the John Cooper name drop on top of the claim that Elon has average intelligence? Quit masquerading your lib-culture view as being some altruistic voice. What a dink.
5. Never a bad show - Absolutely love the show. Being a massive hockey fan but living in the south, the coverage isn’t all that great. These guys give you so much real and in depth info and do it in such a fun way. Never heard a bad show and end up laughing so much I have to rewind cause I miss stuff. Definitely a must listen
6. I didn’t realize it was a golf podcast - I sometimes enjoy the talk these guys have. They talk too much about golf…. Don’t care about golf. If I wanted golf I would find a golf podcast. And they keep pushing their own products worse then a midday commercial as seen on tv salesman. It used to be good. Now it just isn’t.
7. Chiclets ETC - Good Stuff - Great start to what I’m sure is going to be long-running successful show. If you’re a fan of Chiclets, and you know you are, then you’ll appreciate Chiclets ETC where Colby & Murls get an opportunity to do a slightly deeper dive into into various issues surrounding the game, as well as some other more nuanced material different segments you won’t find on Chiclets the Elder. Best of luck boys, and my only request is to change that name to Tossin Pigeons or Pigeon Toss
8. Used to be great - Show was good when it was focused on hockey. Now that their fame has grown they talk too much about how much money they have or their lives in general, always are hyping up whatever alcohol they’re scheming on selling. Shows are too long, wish they would do two or three weekly shows updating games, hockey news, etc. Do what you guys were doing a couple years ago please! Has gone downhill
9. Great hockey content but it’s gone downhill - This used to be the best hockey podcast, focusing on great interviews with players and coaches. Now, however, it’s over hours of talk about golf, movies, betting and other random stuff with a little hockey squeezed it. Over hours!!!! Who has time for this ?!???!? It’s just so disrespectful to their audience that they don’t make the effort to curate the content. I came to this podcast for the hockey talk and I’m leaving it because of all the other talk.
10. Love the Pod! - You guys are the best hockey pod out there. Been a huge fan and haven’t missed an episode for about years now. Keep it up! That being said, I don’t know if it’s just me but RA and Grinnelli have become absolutely unbearable to listen to lately…. They are both BY FAR the absolute the worst part of the pod… I know I’m not alone either wishing it was just Biz and Whit.
11. Don’t believe the others - These guys complaining about golf are not real hockey fans. Everyone knows every hockey player golfs in the offseason. Get over it. Whit doesn’t even talk too long. Also that “cryingsnowflake” user who wrote the star review- dude guess you’re living up to your name because that’s exactly what you are. This show caters to the younger crowd and if you can’t get past the locker room talk or blatant over-use of profanity then you don’t belong anywhere hockey guys…never mind a podcast. Pipe down, take some of Biz’s CBD, and enjoy this unreal pod.
12. Chiclets - Best sports podcast period. Biz is one of the best personalities in the entertainment world. Everyone well spoken enough to respect their opinions and childish enough to laugh at themselves and have fun. In hundreds of episodes there hasn’t been a single dud. Hope this podcast continues for decades
Sportsnet insider Jeff Marek goes around the league in Sportsnet 590 The FAN’s national NHL show, airing live across the country daily from 12pm-2pm ET. Opinion, news and analysis featuring daily segments from insider Elliotte Friedman.
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Diversity and Tolerance are for everyone - Advocating for people with “religious” faiths to not play in the NHL or people with differing opinions than yours on the Provorov issue paints you as antisemitic, Islamophobic, and racist - seeing as % of “religion” and % of Asian and African countries disagree with you. Go outside sometime and talk to real people.
2. One of the Best - Jeff Marek is truly one of the best - his style, knowledge, and ability to host an interview are stellar. This is on shine in this podcast, and he’s showing why he’s one of the best. To address some other reviews:
- leafs talk: I’m not a leafs fan, but I get why there’s a lot of leafs. The descriptions on the episodes are pretty good, so I’ll skip some of the leaf centric episodes, but the insight in those episodes is good anyway, so sometimes it’s worth listening. They’re one of the biggest markets in hockey, and a majority of the folks tuning in for this show are doing so for the leafs. It’s like tuning into a hockey podcast, then rating it poorly because there’s too much hockey talk… - breaking episodes up: I may be in the minority here, but I love it. It helps me skip some parts that are maybe less interesting on a given day. I don’t get why you would rate this lower for it. - Elliot: yeah this one gets me, he’s golfing, he’s eating, he’s got his phone pings on, but it’s also not THAT annoying… TL;DR: Marek is a radio and hockey god, listen to episodes that are interesting to you, and you’ll love it
3. Great show (but please stop the “redrafts”)! - Jeff is a great host! The show is very informative and has great guests. Elliot is insightful, but rude! Not sure why he can’t stop eating or turn his ringer/keyboard sound off when on air. Also, I could do without the ridiculous “redrafts”... time travel is not real, so please stop with the hypotheticals! Thanks! LET’S GO BLUES!!
4. Elliotte PLEASE stop texting during your segment - Jeff is fantastic, providing excellent perspectives, thoughtful commentary and asking pertinent questions. His depth of knowledge of the sport, players, media and hockey history continues to impress. That said, I do really miss the round table discussions of Hockey Central. No one show is better off using this new format. Having the show in segments requires additional steps on the Apple app to ensure I am listening the the st segment in order. Not a dealbreaker but kinda a pain. Please have Stewie as a guest more often. Elliott’s is also fantastic and I like Jeff and Elliotte together but the Elliotte segment ends up as a redundancy of thoughts. Finally, Elliotte texting is so incredibly annoying and distracting I’m ready to stop listening to their segment altogether. Focusing on Jeff while hearing Elliotte texting (and knowing Elliotte has somewhat tuned out) is a waste of time (annoying and distracting) . If you can’t find the time to stop eating and texting, don’t do the pod. Elliotte is great - it’s nothing personal.
5. Missing something - Jeff Marek is one of the best in the business when it comes to hockey broadcasting. His hockey knowledge is expansive and he’s a great storyteller. However, there are some format issues I have with the podcast. First and foremost, I can’t understand why they split the podcast into two sections everyday. It’s a minor inconvenience to split the show but a hassle none the less. It’s a also a little stale having Friedman on the show daily. As an avid listener of the Thoughts podcast having a daily dose of Jeff and Elliott has become tiresome. The info seems redundant. Overall it’s the best resource for daily NHL coverage so I’ll continue tuning in.
6. Not a fan of the changes - Love Jeff. He was my favorite part of Hockey Central but I didn’t want it to be JUST him and guests. Justin, Anthony, David and Nick all brought great personalities to the show and I miss all their collective debates and feedback. It was the best part. On top of that, the audio for the Jeff Marek Show has been really hit or miss. Jeff always sounds substantially quieter than most guests so I have to turn it up to hear him and get my ears blown off by guest mics. Again, still love Jeff and he’s my favorite host but Hockey Central brought so many different points of view versus just him debating with himself most of the time.
7. Entertaining Hockey Analysis - You have a good old fashioned hockey talk style. It feels like I am listening to a bunch of guys in a bar talking hockey. The discussion on face offs was simple but informative. You mentioned on one podcast that the refs probably talked to both teams to tone down the after whistle pushing and shoving. The next game there was far less face rubbing after the whistle. These are just fun things to watch for. The Stanley Cup playoffs have been great this year.
8. I still love it but... - I listen to this all the time but it’s frustrating. I love Leaf talk but sometimes the fixation gets a little much - you always know what’s coming. The real issue for me is the constant sportsnet self-promotion, which you see on thoughts too. This show was great a few years ago.
9. Please for the love of hockey ... - Nick Alberga is miles more enjoyable than Marek IMO ... I left regular listening to the podcast after Millard because it went downhill fast .. but this past week with Nick guest host has given hope again that it can return to actual hockey discussions and not Marek waxing philosophical and answering his own questions all show.
10. Who produces this show? - We’re all human. No one is perfect. But we’ve been going on for months now hearing all sorts of background noises from each person’s home. How hard is it to teach your guys to mute their mic when they pour a glass of iced tea or their cat comes up to snuggle? Also, Jeff really needs to stop trying to direct the traffic so much. The number of times he’s stepped all over the other participants is crazy. Just let them speak, Marek. Other than those lame complaints, it’s nice to hear Burkie and the gang.
11. too many voices - out of based on hosts. I Like Amber. Marek is ok too. Stewie and Burkie give a different take based on interesting backgrounds and experiences. But tell me what does Justin Bourne add? Other than a voice straight from Sesame Street? And by the way. We get it - your dad and father in law were impressive players in their day.
12. Excellent Hockey Podcast - Some of the best episodes of this podcast have occurred during the COVID- pause. Hearing stories about how coaches, GMs, and players made it to the NHL are really interesting. In general, the wealth of hockey knowledge between these guys and their guests is unmatched. Things get even better when Burkey and the boys get truculent I am a Pens fan and do not mind the obligatory Leafs talk. Good job, guys
After The Whistle is a hockey podcast for everyone. We don’t just talk hockey, we talk big things in Sports and Pop Culture.Hosts Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet have 1152 Games of NHL experience. 923 of those being Craig’s, but whatever! We do Four shows/Week with Regular appearances by former teammates and friends, starting Tuesdays with Thomas Vanek (Vanner) @T_Vanek26, Wednesday’s with the Great Jeremy Roenick (JR) @Jeremy_Roenick and Thursday’s with Brian Gionta (Gio) @GioStyle21Enjoy...
Release date: 2023-03-03
1. Best podcast out there - Great “behind the scenes” stories. Vanek, Gionta and JR give great insight on the game. The banter between Peters and Rivet reminds me of players brawling on the ice and seeing them out for a beer an hour later! This is what the game is about. Endless entertainment without taking themselves too seriously. Great job guys. Only negative is that there isn’t a podcast days a week! Scott - Rochester.
2. John - The Best Podcast, daily radio show, sports show, hockey show period, Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet are interesting, intelligent, informative, entertaining, and funny as all outdoors, on off days when they don’t produce an episode my entire sports day is a little less, pretty much ruined, thank you guys so much for such a wonderful program, Rivet is funnier than Petey but don’t tell him I said so, lol!
3. The best hockey podcast. - I have been listening to Peters since he had a cohost that went to do golf. This is so good. The insight is fantastic. I watch more hockey now just because of this show. JR and BG are great. Vanek is fantastic too with great comments. Can’t wait for every new episode and now it’s fun going back and listening to their old shows and seeing how they did. Keep up the great work. Also, love the episode titles with bad tag lines. Lighting in a bottle just as good as blow off some steam Bennett from commando.
4. Sell Merch! - Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch! Sell Merch!
5. Must Listen - Petey and Rivs do an amazing job with this podcast. They cover topics in depth and often bring a unique perspective. Their chemistry and banter is second to none. I also really appreciate how they speak from the heart and don’t hold back. Very rare these days. Used to be a diehard Spittin Chiclets guy but once Petey and Rivs went on their own, I knew it would be my new go to hockey podcast.
6. Exceptional hockey pod - I really enjoy this podcast that is mostly about hockey, with a slight focus on the Buffalo Sabres. Both hosts are ex-Sabres who still live in the area. There are a few other ex-Sabres that show up from time to time. The one exception is the guest on every Wednesday. Jeremy Roenick, famous for being a moron, never holds back in expressing his uninformed opinions on the topics of the day. Bring back Elliot to add a little more class.
7. Favorite Sports Podcast - I’ve listened to Andrew and Craig when they were on the radio. I was disappointed when I heard they left. I was excited to see they made this podcast. I enjoy the great stories from them and their guests. I also love the banter between Andrew and Craig. It’s a fun listen whether your a fan of the Sabres or just a hockey fan in general.
8. Inspirational - I was so upset when the instigators went to that ridiculous hour time slot. Then was really disappointed when they left WGR. But little did I realize how much better the unfiltered podcast would be. I listen to every podcast and it brings joy to my soul no matter how I feel that particular day. My daughter suffers from anxiety, but when I have this podcast on and being a hockey fan herself, it helps her out tremendously. She’s told me it helps her escape for a little while and forget about life’s worries. Thank you so much!!! Love you guys!!
9. Sabres Fans Hit Subscribe - Excellent Sabres-centric podcast with in depth discussions about roster, play, prospects etc but also touches base on other big news around the league. You can expect honest breakdowns of the Sabres, stories from their playing days and post, Riv to mispronounce a name or basically every episode and Petey to be “in a mood” which only adds to the podcast! Gio and Vanek are excellent additions to discuss different aspects of the Sabres and player development as well. All around great podcast!
10. Keep it up boys! - Love the stories, love the input from the guests, and love the genuine and unapologetic honesty that this show provides. It’s a rare thing these days in the media world. JR is gold as a regular and the Rivs and Petey combo are a treasure and pure joy to listen to. Nice work boys!
11. Not here for politics - I barely trust these mouth breathers to tell me about the state of the Sabres/NHL.. now we have them talking politics. I get it, they’re allowed to, it’s their platform. But I don’t go to a buffet for salad, and I’m not listening to this podcast for anything more than hockey insights.
12. Andrew and Craig - I liked listening to these guys on WGR. I knew, just knew they were holding back sometimes cause WGR is own by PSE, but now as they are independent, their raw delivery is a nice testament to Buffalo hockey. Buffalo is the greatest hockey city, and the fans are very hockey savvy. Keep it up Boyz!!!! PK from Virginia!!!
The Athletic's flagship hockey podcast delivers daily insights, player interviews, analytics, prospect rankings, betting picks, and much more, Monday through Friday, all season long. Hosted by: Ian Mendes, Julian McKenzie, Craig Custance, Sean Gentille, Hailey Salvian, CBC's Rob Pizzo, Jesse Granger, Michael Russo, Sean McIndoe, Corey Pronman, Max Bultman, and FloHockey's Chris Peters.
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Wildly inconsistent - Thursday is strong and the prospects guys are total pros. The other shows are borderline unlistenable. Main offenses include, but are not limited to, incorrect humor evaluation (McIndoe is the ONLY funny person), over confidence on politics, juvenile attitudes about how hard to try in interviews, self-deprecating tone attempting to justify mediocrity, terrible introductions, lack of personality.
2. skip mondays! - do i need to say it..? tried another monday episode without realizing... still just as bad six months later. its like when your childhood friend’s younger sister tries to fit in, making everybody put up with it because mom said be nice. ((update: mondays are even worse with the new guy))
3. Not bad - It doesn’t take long before you can’t stand Sean Gentille. He is the guy that you know that no one wants to hang out with. Because he is so annoying to listen to. Hailey sounds like the ultimate white girl. Her stories about her personal life just go on and on. I have to motivate myself to continue to listen. The other hosts are much better.
4. Does the F bomb really add to the podcast? - Listened to your podcast for the first time and was impressed with the depth of discussion regarding the NHL draft first round. However, I was very disappointed in the use of the f-bombs and just don’t get why you feel the need to bring that to the discussion. It comes off as unprofessional and alienates those who may want to listen but have kids around a lot or just prefer not to hear that language. It’s a shame because without that this would be a top notch podcast. Perhaps you’ll consider reevaluating the need to use such colorful language. It does not add value or to your cool factor and just seemed out of place with the bulk of the show. Your show, your rules but just wanted to provide some feedback that might be of benefit. Couldn’t you just refrain from that for the sake of some of your audience? Given the current format, I’ll probably choose other avenues to get the info I’m looking for. Its a shame because your content was solid. Michael
5. Corey, Max, & Nonsense - The Friday episode with Corey and Max on prospects is great. The rest is garbage. Hailey sounds like a stoned Millennial. Ian is a clown. Dom is lame with his numbers crap (whatever nerd) and his co-hosts are unable to pronounce his name. Five stars for Max & Corey. One star for the crew that should be working at Canadian Tire or Footlocker. Addendum: Craig C. used to be good, but is now a sad Seinfeld-esque caricature. Rambling, whining, and stupid. And then there is Sean. If you listen to him for an hour and not want to pull his underwear up to his earlobes and take his lunch money then you are a better person than I am. I’m sure he must have a very punchable face.
6. Haley??? - Like this podcast-but Monday, with Haley-fuhgeddabowdit. How on earth did she get this job. I’ve never heard someone NOT answer questions like her. She always has some excuse, changes the question to something else, OR suggests we get someone else on the show to answer that. Seriously. So done with the Monday show. Today, her partner gives her a softball-who would u like to see win another Cup. Even I came up with Flower! Then she starts talking about how he’s not old. He may not be old, but he’s been in the league HOW long?? He got benched by the Pens. Now he’s The Man again. He’s news. It’s not hard to come up with his name. How can u not get that softball. Just one example of MANY. I’m sorry, but MOnday is a write off. Oh yes, (todays show really bugged me) the word is ‘oust’. You’re a journalist/writer??
7. The Hockey Show - Monday - Please, no more chatter about Hailey’s personal issues. I had to stop listening last week because the broken toe blather just went on and on. I couldn’t believe the show started on the same topic today. Maybe Ian and the producers think it’s funny, but I have to say it does Hailey and the show a huge disservice. Please stick to hockey. Thank you.
8. Scrap the Monday show - Get hosts that actually have conviction in their opinions. Gets hosts that can disagree but argue their point. Get hosts that can just answer a question without a minute long preamble. Get hosts that a comfirtable on the mic. Mondays are sooooooo awkward. The Monday show is such a daggum slog. Shake it up or scrap it
9. Let Two man Advantage be it’s own podcast - I first heard Lebrun/Burnside back when they were on ESPN. Eventually I got burnt out on them and quit listening. The athletic brought them back with two man advantage. I gave them a second shot and quit listening after about episodes. This podcast comes out three times a week. The middle episode is just two man advantage. We’re about a month in and I now turn off the podcast when I hear brass bonanza. Take that warning song away and this becomes a star review. Take out two man advantage and this becomes a five star review. I’m sure if enough people enjoy it, their podcast will stand on its own. Other than that, I enjoy the other three hosts and like a twice a week format. It can get a bit Canada centric, but I enjoy contrasting it against the opinions I hear elsewhere.
10. A little narrow - This podcast should/could be a lot better. I like everyone on it but they don’t talk about the NHL all that much. There’s a real need for a podcast that talks about what’s happening in the whole league and I kind of expected this to do that. Instead there’s a lot of “who is your favorite blah blah?” type questions. Maybe get some people from outside of Ontario too? If you have people who work on all of these different teams it would be great to her from them.
11. Have to do better - I gave this pod another chance after being disappointed with it two weeks ago. Dale Tallon was mentioned as being the GM of Florida by one host, and this was not corrected by the other host. Come on. You can’t provide worthwhile analysis without knowing the basic difference between the team now from last season. You’re you’re paid to know, write, and talk about hockey. You have to do better than this.
12. The Athletic can do better...much better! - With a writer covering every NHL team, why does every podcast here seem like a retread of any other podcast coming out of Toronto? minutes covering a league wide topic, followed by minutes of the North Division coverage, ad nauseum! Please pair up two writers from teams within each division for a weekly podcast where they discuss the teams within their division! Maybe even invite a writer from a third team to join them to get a different perspective. If they want, they can briefly touch on any large issues of the day around the league. But keep the talk mostly within the division! I COULDN’T CARE LESS ABOUT THE NORTH DIVISION TEAMS!!! - my team will NEVER play them this season, since we probably won’t make the playoffs. BUT I DO CARE ABOUT THE TEAMS WITHIN MY DIVISION! So, please, give me as how I care about once each week, rather than three that I don’t want to listen to!
Former NHL players and off-ice legends Shane “OBS” O'Brien and Scottie “UPDOGG” Upshall tell tales of missing curfew, break down hockey's biggest stories, and do their best to cash-in on the sports betting scene. Always with us, our eye in the sky, and never forgotten, is the other member of the line Jimmy “BROADWAY” Hayes.
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. As bad as Barnaby - I had the “privilege” of watching O’Brien play hockey in San Antonio. He was the most lazy, selfish, uninterested player on the ice every shift. Why waste your time listening to a guy who didn’t give a crap on the ice talk about other players? This is as bad or worse than listening to Barnaby or Avery.
2. Awesome Hockey Podcast - Have been a big fan of Shane since his Portland Pirate days. He was a fan favorite for a reason. He was awesome with the kids and always interacted when he could. Anyway, the podcast itself is great ! Loved Scotty Upshall during his Flyers tenure ! The two have great chemistry and I look forward to every episode.
3. It plays… - Look when “ Spittin Chiclets” and “Dropping the Gloves” and “No Gruffs Given” are done for the week and you’re looking for content these guys are a decent listen. Look they don’t F and need a new rd wild card host but no one can replace Broadway. Hasn’t been National League in awhile but when you’re out of NHL options and don’t want the monotone “rink shrinks” this is an option. Love you guys but time to retool.
4. Remove from the air - These fools had Theo “I’m a Q anon conspiracy nut” Fluery on and allowed him to repeat deadly lies & misinformation about the virus & vaccines & he did so while claiming to be “a patriot” (that’s ok feeding people lies that could lead to their deaths. Please try to grow some morals, principles & compassion. You’re doing the leg work of our foreign enemies to hurt/kill our citizens & our economy.
5. Keep it going. I love this pod. - All the pods you’ve made from the start allowed me (and a ton of other people) to appreciate what an awesome human Jimmy Hayes was. What a gift to the world. The episodes since Jimmy passed have been beyond moving. You guys are doing such a good job of keeping his spirit and memory alive. Thank you guys and I’m really sorry for your loss. Beyond that, I just love this pod. So entertaining, I love hearing you guys talk about anything.
6. Ray from Painted Young! - Hey fellas it’s Ray from Painted Young here! Just wanted to thank you guys again for showing us love on the show a few weeks ago. Been following you guys since episode and it’s been the best thing to look forward to all week! If Broadway needs a goalie to shoot on I’ll take the drive to Boston for a scoopsy content piece! Thanks again boys and best of luck moving forward!
7. Just guys being dudes - I have never really followed hockey but started listening to the Spittin Chiclets podcast and really loved the hockey culture. Recently started listening to Missin Curfew and it has easily become my new favorite hockey podcast. Canadians with American spirit, love these fellas.
8. old timers snap it around - Uppie takes us down memory lane x an ep “when I was in Florida...” “When I was a young guy in Nashdaddy...” “I’ll to you what when I was Philly...” Obes is a walking billboard for skinny margs, guy can’t get enough of them. Sounds like golf game is dialed in at the right time. Jimmy Scoops works on his golf game and tries to dial in Draft Kings for the playoff hunt. Overall a great mix of stories, guests, and current hockey talk. Love these guys. Just stop ripping my team in Buff and my new city Columbus and I’ll keep listening the My Morning Jacket talk is a plus too - keep it goin boys
9. Love this pod - I have listened to Spittin Chiclets for over a year now and then I found Missin Curfew. Finding myself listening to these beauties much more than chiclets . No shame on the chiclets guys, but the Missin Curfew guys never miss. I find that chiclets sometimes goes too off topic and does not stay with hockey. Keep it up boys!
Welcome to the Winged Wheel Podcast - the biggest Detroit Red Wings podcast on the air! Tune in to hear the best and latest analysis about the Detroit Red Wings, the NHL, and the rest of the hockey world!
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. I want more and thats okay - I play each episode when its dropped or no later than the day after. Its that good. I would like more of the opinions of the hosts left unsmoothed by Ryan’s paternal instincts, though his podcast children don’t seem to mind. Get Brad going on x’s and o’s more and put the tin foil hats on more. You guys do a great hockey show and its been the best part of discovering new Red Wings content after ‘Wings for Breakfast’ ended. I have learned a lot about the team and the sport over the last two years. Thank you all for doing the work.
2. Hockey is not for everyone - According to the hosts of this podcast hockey is for everyone except people whom hold deep religious convictions and stay true to themselves. Provorov should not be forced to wear a rainbow flag, this is not discriminating against anyone. He likely respects everyone equally as one of Gods creation. What if it were a make America great again jersey? To pretend that lgbt events like the flyers had are not extremely politicized is patently ridiculous. Woke media hacks.
3. Easily the best hockey podcast - Been listening to the boys for about a year now, and I can’t say enough nice things about this podcast. Not only do they bring great insight for all things Red Wings hockey, but their coverage of the league, prospects and more is top notch. In addition, the things they are doing with Wings Money on the board and the Jamie Daniel’s Foundation, class acts all around. I have a long commute and I always look forward to listening to them on my Monday morning drive. Thanks for all you guys do!
4. Best Wings Podcast - Easily the best Red Wings Podcast you can find. Their professional balance of information, fan-based opinion, and hockey knowledge make for an entertaining listen in every episode. Additionally, their playful nature with each other brings out their individual personalities and make this team a joy to listen to. Lastly, they combine their efforts to support meaningful causes in an attempt to give back to the Red Wings and Detroit community. I listen to many different podcasts, but this is easily my favorite and the first listen when a new episode is released. Couldn’t be more highly recommended!
5. Must Listen!! - Been listening for about years now. Incredible Red Wings coverage but most of all incredible hockey talk. Ryan, Brad and Evan are fantastic and they also do so much other than the podcast like hosting Winged Wheel nights at LCA and supporting the Jamie Daniels foundation! If you like the Red Wings or just hockey in general you have to listen to this podcast! I look forward to each and every episode. Keep up the great work boys!
6. Leading the Red Wings Fandom Through the Wilderness - The hosts put a ton of effort into making this podcast informative, whether it’s deep dives into Red Wings history or recruiting profiles. They scour the hockey world for interesting interviews and analysis. It hasn’t been easy being a Red Wings fan for the last few years but this podcast gives you a reason to believe. Oh yeah and one of the hosts looks exactly like NHL defenseman Shea Weber….
7. Interesting, Informative & even Funny! - WingedWheelPod does a lot of research about the Wings and hockey in general, has interesting guests, and also supports the Jamie Daniels Foundation a non-profit which needs help with its operation. The guys on this pod provide genuine entertainment along with some hope for Wings fans, which is much appreciated.
8. Best Podcast Around - Started listening to them in Summer out of boredom and I’ve never missed an episode since. It’s a great way to keep up with hockey news when you’re too busy to pay attention and they’re always entertaining even though the Red Wings are still bad. Don’t try to figure out which one is Brad and which one is Ryan, I still get them confused.
9. Love the podcast - I've been listening now since before the days of Terry, and have found the guys to be great entertainment. They've become fixtures of my commute and have enhanced my joy in watching the game, of which there has been very little from the Wings themselves as of late. I would (and have personally) recommend this to anyone who enjoys hockey and the Red Wings.
10. Have Listened for Years - I started listening to this podcast when they were talking about the Dylan Larkin hype train and they have been a beacon in these dark times for the Wings. For a fan based podcast they are deeply insightful. There personalities are enjoyable and relatable. Wish there were more podcasts like them.
11. Best Red Wings Podcast Anywhere! - I’ve been listening for a few years now and these guys are extremely knowledgeable on both the red wings and hockey in general. I played hockey for a long time and these guys have increased my knowledge to the point where I now feel like an expert on the red wings. It’s very easy to listen to and it’s at the top of my podcast priority list. If you’re a red wings fan, you DEFINITELY need to listen to these guys!
12. Great podcast for hockey fans! - This is such a great podcast for Red Wings fans, or just hockey fans in general. The guys have great chemistry and are incredibly knowledgeable. They bring on some great guests and manage to produce a ton of great content even in the off season. I don’t miss an episode.
13. Awesome Podcast! - I never listened to podcasts before these guys. In my search through other Red Wings podcast, I find myself comparing them to the WWP. Each time I’m slightly disappointed. The others are fine, but not as funny or respectful of differing opinions. They’re a breath of fresh air. (:
This is the place for Boston Bruins game analysis from the two guys who know the team as well as anybody. Longtime NHL analyst Billy Jaffe and former NHL goalie Andrew Raycroft sit down with a cup of coffee to break down the previous night's game and offer their insight.
Release date: 2023-03-03
1. Yess - Thanks guys. Love listening, especially how you keep it casual. Like how the questions you asked Lindholm ranged from hockey, but also to just general stuff you want to hear like midsommer in Sweden. Loved to hear abt his hometown etc. Also appreciate how you can upload so quickly after games! While the moment is still fresh.
2. Ignore the Biggest Bruins News? - My guess is your hands were tied by the NESN/Bruins brass, but no mention of the Mitchell Miller fiasco was shocking. Bruins loyalists respect both your opinions and while this podcast is geared towards game analysis, the lack of acknowledgement or discussion was disappointing. Still love the podcast but bitter taste after listening to the most recent one.
3. Couldn’t wait. - I listen to a ton of podcasts and replays starting from overseas government work to simply shutting the TV off at night when stateside. Listening to sports and talk radio is in my blood and couldn’t be happier how AND WHEN these guys post. Post game shows can be a little too much,,,, these Morning Brus and Nightime Brus are great.
4. Morning Bru - Jaff and Razor are an excellent combination regardless of any bias from being a B’s fan. They are willing to check each other when necessary, while having a productive argument with differing points. The best when listening, besides B’s info, is when one of them via persuasive and effective articulation of their argument, convinces the other to see or think about it the way they are arguing for. Its the way debates should be, not saying the pod is one, but its the way debates should be.
5. Awesome pod - Ok, I’ll just rip the bandaid off to start…the Bruins are my hockey team (I’m a Flyers fan, so maybe it’s more like my / team). I only hopped on the podcast train earlier this year, and I found several good Bruins podcast that I follow. BUT, Morning Bru is by far the best. Billy & Razor have great chemistry & give out great content. They do it in such a way that makes it interesting & enjoyable. While I like all the podcasts I listen to, Morning Bru is the one that I look forward to. Keep up the awesome work gentlemen! P.S. I’m glad we got an update on Razor’s mulch project!!
6. Love The Show But Please Remove Score / Game Outcome From Titles? - I love the show and love the Bruins. Analysis is great and conversations are great. The only thing is that I’d change is if you could please remove the scores / game outcomes from the episode titles going forward. I watch every game of the season, but sometimes I miss one or two during the week and try to remain unspoiled because it’s much more entertaining that way. On those days where I miss one and open my podcast app, it’s impossible to miss the headline. I’d suggest maybe just having the date and opponent for the title, i.e. Bruins @ Islanders, Feb. , . Or something like that. Thanks!! Keep up the good work
7. Must Listen for all Bruins Fans!! - I recommend this podcast to everyone all the time - hopefully they take my advice and listen. Awesome podcast, love both Jaffy and Razors points of view and the flow of each episode. Also really appreciate the timely releases of these episodes after all the playoff games. Thanks so much for a great great podcast guys! Looking forward to more episodes! Would love to hear about Razors days with the Bruins - huge fan of
8. If you’re a Bruins fan and DON’T listen to this... you aren’t a Bruins fan - This is run by guys who’s job it is to know the Bruins. They watch every game and they’re two of my favorite intermission guys. Why wouldn’t you listen to this to keep updated on the Bruins. And there is no bias here at all. They don’t hesitate to pick out each and every flaw from each game. For a Bruins fan who wants to keep up and may not always have the time to watch and study the game in depth, this is the go to. Love listening. Agree with a lot of what they say. Especially with the fourth line as of late. Really do love this podcast. I mean again seriously why not listen to a podcast by two guys who’s job it is to break down and analyze every Bruins game. And it’s fun to see they can be laid back with it! Can really learn a lot from this! Would give it A don’t think I’d change a thing about this podcast!
9. A Must-Listen For Bruins Fans! - You won’t find better insights and analysis on Boston Bruins hockey than Billy and Razer provide in this “morning after” podcast. Their takes are hot off the press from the previous night’s game and they also offer their thoughts on upcoming opponents and on the state of the Bruins, in general. Plus, they have great chemistry together and are alway good for a funny story or two. My only regret is that I didn’t learn about this podcast until after Game . I won’t miss another one!
10. Great Content! - Love listening to these guys! Just started a new shift at work so I don’t get to catch all of the games but it’s nice to get the full breakdown on what happened and what’s developing. Love hearing about all the new guys and how the lines are meshing, they do a great job covering that aspect as well.
11. Razor in the AM! - Love these guys!! As a Bruins fan, Raycroft was one of the few players on the team I used to look out for when I was younger. I always make it a point to watch the pre/post show broadcasts which help breakdown games. I learn so much from these guys and they just call it like we see it on tv!
A hockey podcast hosted by Dimitri Filipovic that has been regressing to the mean since 2015.
Release date: 2023-03-03
1. Two way podcast - You may think that Dimitri has an awesome, relaxed way of talking about insightful and interesting things in the NHL. You may like his guests, and the conversations that really make you look at hockey in a new way. But it's an emotional podcast as well. For example, Dimitri said that Sidney Crosby had "old man strength" and I havn't stopped crying.
2. Beyond Analytics - Great insights, with an easy-to-listen style of presenting. Importantly, absent spouting higher-end statistical language and methodologies that often only fuels the false egos of others in the field, or, in efforts to prove how smart they are(n’t). Found you on recommendation of instructors in a recent Hockey Analytics course. But, you go way beyond analytics per se, with insights and prognostications covering the multiple layers of player and team assessment. Hope y’all continue recording. Well done!
3. For People Who Love the Game and Want to Learn More - I’m an old guy in hockey terms (started playing in as a year old) and had always thought I understood the game well until the last few years. PDOCast is essential listening for the advanced fan, but probably not for beginners. Dmitri has a great rotation of guests and I discovered it via the Puck Soupiverse when Ryan Lambert was a guest. I learn so much every episode. Keep it going!
4. Bar down podcast… - If you like the finer details of the NHL teams, players, prospects, drafts, etc… this is the podcast to follow. It’s not for everyone. This isn’t a weekly catch up on game scores. A lot of thought into this content. Entertaining listen and lots of little details you won’t catch in other hockey feeds. Highly recommended and always waiting for the next release. Keep up the good work Dimitri.
5. Excellence - I wanted to express to you how much I love your show. I’m a dog musher from Alaska, so I spend a lot of time in my dog yard and on the runners therefore, I don’t get to watch much hockey. I rely on your podcast for my information. It’s a very cerebral, engaging podcast with a plethora of information. I’m always excited to see a new episode come out because I know it will be filled with hockey greatness, presented in an intelligent fashion. My dogs and I say thank you so much. GO CANUCKS! Have you heard of our lord and savior Quinn Hughes? Thanks again! -Courtney-
6. The PDOcast is extraordinarily unique - Dimitri has been doing this for several seasons, the proof is on any podcast app you can find, but I have been listening for the better part of seasons and interacting with Dimitri on Twitter for at least - years. Dimitri is nothing short of a delight. He’s extremely intelligent, witty, charismatic, and has a lot of very smart and funny friends he brings on the podcast to make you laugh, make you think, and make you a smarter hockey fan. That list includes Cam Robinson, Jack Fraser, Thomas Drance, Andrew Berkshire, Emily Kaplan & Greg Wyshynski, Steve “Dangle” Glynn, Sara Civian, Ryan Clark, and a plethora of others, who are first time guests or recurring guests. You will come away from every episode smarter than you were before you listened to this episode. If you love hockey, this podcast must be a staple in your rotation.
7. A great listen - This podcast is such a joy when it pops up in the feed. He really gets into the nitty gritty of what there’s to like and dislike about things with a variety of guests. Too much of hockey is overused phrases, and this is the opposite. A lot of nuance and analytical talk to go along with talking about how fun the sport of hockey can be when done well. / would recommend.
8. Excellent Hockey Podcast - The PDOcast got me into hockey podcasts a couple years ago and I’ve loved listening since. It’s informative, presents data in an easy to digest way, and has a lot of personality. If you’re a hockey fan, you’re doing yourself a disservice if you aren’t listening in.
9. Great podcast for getting into the nitty gritty - I just started tuning in after being a big Twitter fan of Dimitri. What I love about this podcast is how in the weeds it gets. Compared to my other favs like Spittin’ Chiclets or Thoughts, you get a much deeper look at the game which is super interesting and makes watching the game more intriguing. It’s the perfect compliment to my hockey podcast platter, keep up the good work!
10. My favorite hockey podcast - Love this podcast and it’s appreciation for stats and looking at the game from a more nuanced perspective. It also has helped me understand some aspects of the game that might go under-looked. The host is well-spoken and thoughtful and constantly brings on other good hockey people to talk shop.
11. Great Pod - The PDOcast has become one of my favorite podcasts and I look forward to new episodes every week. Dimitry does an excellent job of analyzing and discussing a broad range of topics within the NHL. He features great guests and I really like that he frequently deep dives individual teams. The PDOCast does have an analytics slant but it’s by no means oppressive. Instead data and metrics are used to provide context and facilitate discussion on how and why teams/players are performing the way they are and how they may perform in the future.
12. Best Hockey Analytical Podcast Out There - I’ve been listening to the PDOcast since it was plugged on MvsW when that was a show. Back when it was Dim and Yost hosting. And the quality of the material and recording has only improved every year. I missed it sorely during the four month hiatus and this podcast has changed the way I think about hockey and allowed me to enjoy it more. Dim is probably one of the most deserving people out there of all the good stuff coming his way. I expect to see him become a staple at some major network someday but until then he’ll keep entertaining us here. Thanks Dim!
13. Must Subscribe Hockey Pod - As a voracious consumer of hockey podcasts, this is the one I look forward to most. Super intelligent, thoughtful analysis of NHL issues. I love how Dim introduces the guest and gets right into the conversation without mins of small talk and BS like most pods. He’s funny without being jokey, firm without being confrontational and has an incredible stable of rotating guests that clearly respect and enjoy him. I always learn something new and come away wanting more. If you’re a hockey fan, subscribe immediately.
Your daily check in for all things orange and black, this podcast gives you the need-to-know-now Flyers news from Host and Content Contributor Jason Myrtetus. This daily show serves listeners the latest and greatest updates surrounding the team.
Release date: 2023-03-05
1. Podcast - I have enjoyed this week’s long form of the podcast. Thank you for today’s podcast given what transpired yesterday and that you included Chuck’s media availability on the podcast. I am very disappointed in Chuck’s lack of activity during trade deadline day. FireFletcher. Keep up the good work on the podcast.
2. Great Podcasts - First, very sorry for your loss of your dog. My wife and I have rescued dogs for years and know well that feeling one in our family. Have followed the Flyers since their first game at the Spectrum. A very frustrating season. How do you instill in the players a drive to win. The coach has tried. It’s up to them.
3. Scared to be critical of the organization - I am as diehard of a Flyers fan, former high level player, and hockey coach. This podcast is extremely frustrating to listen to due to the fact that Jason is scared to be critical of the Flyers organization, the horrendous management, and brutal product that Chuck Fletcher and Comcast continue to ice. “Snow the Goalie” with Chris Therien and company is a much better Flyers podcast that is actually honest about what’s going on, with actual insight, as they don’t continuously make excuses like Jason does as to why the Flyers are currently an embarrassment of a franchise.
4. Good, but can be better. - Love the content, but the audio quality of interviews is atrocious. Improve that and it’s a five star review. Update: interview audio quality is so much better! A show that cares about its listeners, so great to see. Honest, balanced coverage of the Flyers. No Philly hysteria here, love it.
5. New Listener - I’ve recently started listening to this podcast. I find it to be very informative and Jason does a great job of making the listener feel as if they’re in the locker room with great interviews with the players. Not only do you get an inside look but you’ll learn more about the team and the game. Keep up the great work Jason!
6. Excellent podcast! - I really enjoy listening to this podcast. Jason has a really great insight into the dynamics of the team and the game. I think he’s very fair when evaluating individual players skill levels and how the team, in whole, play as a unit. He doesn’t let emotions skew his thinking and he doesn’t spew negativity. His guests give great commentary and being affiliated with the organization, he has access to both players and coaches. Overall I highly recommend this podcast to both new and veteran fans of hockey.
7. Don’t hate your market so much - I like the overall information and production of the podcast. Jason has great guests and good insight into the Flyers organization. My complaint with this podcast is Myrtetus’ attitude towards Philly fans. It feels like most episodes start off with whatever grievance he has on rumblings from social media or his perception of the overall mentality of the fan base. I think it can be a really great cast when you get past him telling Flyers fans to calm down or stop overreacting, or that we are wrong about something. Again I like his lens on certain situations, but he generalizes the fan base too much. Give your opinion and allow others to have theirs.
8. Love it - I’ve been a lifelong Flyers fan. My first memories are a very foggy ’ finals loss and then Bob Nystrom in ’ so i’m that late ’s aged fan that has suffered the longest and just missed the cups. Fun! This is a great show. The guests, the perspective, and a voice of reason at times when the fanbase is a bit too emotional. My one small gripe is that i think Giroux gets a little too much of a pass considering his playoff performances since ’ on, but thats small stuff and really just a difference of opinion. I listen to every show. Keep up the good work and thanks for the show. I’m also an old goalie from the ’s and work with one of Jason’s ex classmates from high school. T glide, kick save, pad stack, shuffle butterfly
9. Best hockey pod around - Jason does a tremendous job bringing daily flyers coverage that is not only exciting but non biased. True feelings are given at all times given the teams performance, acquisitions and other topics. Its great to have such a great podcast to listen to that covers my favorite team.
10. Must listen as a Flyers fan - Love JM, love the Flyers, love this pod. It’s a perfect, bite sized snapshot of what happened, or what to expect. I hope Jason is doing well because this type of work is deserving of merit, and he deserves success. Also- love the outtro music on each pod. Gets me pumped.
11. Great podcast - This is my go to Flyers podcast. It’s a great way to stay in the loop with game recaps, previews, and current events. It’s also a very simple format that doesn’t become too overwhelming to listen to, just calm conversation or information. Not a shot at other flyers podcasts either because I enjoy those too but this is where I come to catch up when I feel like I’m falling behind on my Flyers information.
12. This pod!! - If you need to know what’s going on in the world of your Philadelphia Flyers team, come here! Jason has the interviews from players, years of experience, and the guy is just straight up honest. Biggest plus for me, he lets you jam out at the end of every episode with snippets from some great music.
13. Great Flyers coverage - Philly sports radio hosts largely ignores Flyers, but are happy to spend hours on other topics while belittling Flyers fans. True Philly fans know that the Flyers deserve better attention without cheap shots from ignorant hosts. Myrtetus, who was fired from one of the doltish sports radio stations, does excellent commentary for true Flyers fans. Well worth downloading for a quick daily update.
The Rink Shrinks features special guests from the hockey world. They're keeping it real in the rink, helping our listeners navigate their way through it in a humorous and educational format.
Release date: 2023-02-24
1. Excellent - This is a must listen for parents of young hockey players. Both of them have the right priorities in player and youth (beyond hockey) development. The harping on playing other sports cannot be overemphasized when there is always another hockey tournament or camp being marketed as essential to development by the person making money from it. No matter how much you know or think you know about hockey, it is worth listening to. The hosts have a great rapport and make you feel like you are chatting over some post-game suds in the locker room; the show is informative while still being entertaining.
2. Are you kidding me? - This is exactly what we’ve been looking for but couldn’t find! I have two hockey players. One is and the other is . The year old recommended this for his little brother and I’m thrilled! Finally, some good content with kid/mom friendly language- thank you! If my son picks up your Boston accent and the hockey lingo that makes me laugh, I won’t be mad!
This is the official podcast of the Seattle Kraken! Join host Nick Olczyk for exclusive interviews, analysis, and dispatches from the road.
Release date: 2023-02-28
Locked on Wild is your daily source for the latest Minnesota Wild news and notes. Seth Toupal, veteran Minnesota sports content producer brings you game analysis, interviews with Wild media members, as well as reaction to team news and transactions. If it happens in the State of Hockey, Locked on Wild has you covered. Part of the Locked on Podcast Network.
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Great Info, Great Takes, Okay Hosting (but improving) - This podcast has great information, and Seth and his guests have some good opinions that are often void of the normal ESPN woke/full-of-ourselves garbage. Very refreshing! In addition, he has K-Train (Kevin Gorg) on often for post-game interviews which is awesome. And of all the LO Podcasts Seth is by far the best host. Period.
With that said, LO in general is too slow, and every host, and many of the guests have a very difficult time speaking. They constantly destroy very commonly used idioms, and flub their words. I am not a grammar nerd, but it is annoying.
If you have the patience to wade through the vocabulary missteps, and know how to use the “playback speed” function to change to . or . options, then LO Wild is right for you!
To Seth, keep up the good work man, and I look forward to every episode. Thanks for what you bring!
2. Good podcast but title is misleading - I enjoy the podcast and think the content is very good. However, the title is a bit misleading. I think it should be titled “locked on ads” because you will be hearing advertisements more often than any wild content. Once again, good podcast and I understand it’s free, but if you are posting a minute long podcast with minutes of ads, it gets old pretty quick.
Sneaky Joe DiBiase goes in-depth on the Buffalo Sabres with the Locked On Sabres podcast. From game recaps, to film review, to trade discussions and so much more, this is a must listen for Sabre fans. Part of the Locked On Podcast Network.
Release date: 2023-03-04
1. Please stop previewing what’s next before ads - Honestly I really like this podcast. He is very knowledgeable and gives good info in small spurts. My only criticism is PLEASE stop spending a minute before the minute sometimes longer commercial break previewing what is next. I understand all podcasts have ads now, that is fine. What I don’t need is a preview for what’s next like the end of an episode of the Bachelor. Just please knock the commercial out and move on. Check Joe Marino Locked on Bills for similar add content without long preview. Keep up the good work!
2. Not a fan, unsubscribing - I liked the Sabres but I am tired of hearing him rip on Jack Eichel. Some of us liked Jack and it’s totally reasonable for a person to want to leave the organization that prevents them from getting their surgery or choice. The Sabres mistreated Jack and now this guy spends regular minutes ripping on him. He is so concerned about other peoples feelings but shows his true colors by mistreating players when they see things differently than him. He is so self riotous. There are much better Sabres podcasts. Try listening to After the Whistle.
Way better and much more fair minded in their treatment of players.
3. Nice job, watch the “likes” - I will give credit where credit is due. I think the podcast is a nice shift from regular radio. Joe has a good voice for radio and is Natural at formulating thoughts and getting to the point. The problem I have with this podcast is the counterpart. With all due respect, when you were saying the word “like” almost every other word it gets very distracting.
4. A lot of wrong information - In the last episode they gave so much wrong information about the draft lottery and prospects. -wrong technical info about draft lottery changes.
-wrong info about when changes take effect.
-wrong info about who are the top prospects in the draft. I’ll change this review if they correct themselves in a later episode.
5. Been waiting for this - LOVE that Locked on Sabres is finally here I’ve been dying for a daily Sabres podcast. Need a featured, go to Sabres podcast with all the Bills talk on radio and this is it! Sneaky Joe is a favorite of mine to listen to on GR so I am pumped to listen during the year! Let’s gooooo Buffalo!
Jesse Cohen discusses the latest LA Kings news, trade coverage, prospects reports, Stanley Cup NHL playoffs predictions and pop culture insights from throughout the hockey world!
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. I’ve been listening for years - Jesse is a great host, but this year episodes were sparse and irregular. This is the flagship podcast for the Kings and I think it’s suffering with the additions of Fox and Faust and Reign podcasts to the workflow. Tried to listen to other Kings podcasts but none have the skill Jesse does as a host. I just wish it was his only focus!
2. Need more episodes!!!! Great show - I love this show. I lived in LA for years and moved to Miami about years ago. It's not exactly a hockey town, let alone a place to hear about the Kings. This show makes me feel like I'm home talking about the Kings. This year and last, it's almost more entertaining than the games lol. Love that the host manages to give honest assessments that don't just recycle the same thought ever "analyst" has. Refreshing point of view. And it's fun. I've literally never written a review before, but love this show and hope Jesse reads this and gets back to posting more episodes!!! I get that it must be harder now that there is a pregame to do at home games, but come on!!!! I need more Kings talk after the games and producing all these other shows, but I'm begging you to live your life for the pod!! It's better. Unless you hop in on Fox and Faust! It Thanks for what you do. Pretty please with sugar on top, more episodes!!!!
3. An ideal hockey podcast - Jesse, your analyses, attitude, wit, organization, and interviewing are all second to none. I’ve been listening to your show since , and it’s a staple of my hockey news intake. Bravo and thank you. ...but did you always make this much mouth noise? It’s like NPR now. Drink more water, dude. Or less water. Something.
4. ATKM is sports podcasting at its best - ATKM is not just a sports podcast... but a well crafted, passionate voice where not only a fan base can assemble... but a community in a niche market where asking to put on a regular season game in a bar gets eye rolls and scoffs over non native city teams. Jesse Cohen and The Royal Half (and Rosey, and Jack, and and and and).... are I dare say it... the voices that I, god willing, will tell my kids educated me on this great sport and the golden age of this amazing team.
5. Jesse is going places. - I agree with just about everything Jesse says. So he must be pretty smart. (J.K. Sort of.) He should be on broadcast radio or TV. He is supremely observant and insightful. Jesse COULD do the whole show solo, because guests can’t really top his analysis. But the show is something else again, and equally entertaining, with the usual cast of characters that join him. All around, the show is excellent. But Jesse will one day have his own “Jesse Cohen Show” and it might not be a show just about the LA Kings. Clearly he could handle a national show about hockey generally or more.
6. All the King's Horses... - and all the King's men make for a dynamite podcast except for The Royal Half. I had to unsubscribe when he used to host the podcast or was a too-frequent guest; I can't remember. What I do remember is that he is annoying as "h-e-double-hockey-sticks." Please don't have him on and I'll raise my rating to five stars. I really loved the "All the Kings Men" segments on FSW during intermissions and there was never a mention of TRH. Am I missing something? Please don't tell me TRH is Jesse Cohen's alter-ego like Humpty Hump and Shock G or I'll have to unsubscribe again.
7. Great Podcast For True Kings Fans - This podcast is great for true Kings fans, they stay on topic, have amazing guests that are Kings hockey related and they are funny and knowledgable. The reason for stars is because they are anti-fighting in hockey, I understand it's a growing trend and they have their reasons. However for me it's appalling so I had to knock off some stars for that, but if you love the Kings regardless of your opinion on fighting you will love this podcast.
8. Captivatingly funny, even for the casual Kings fan. - When I moved out of California last year I realized that I was probably going to lose touch with the hockey team I actually enjoyed watching and would be forced to only hear about the Blackhawks. Imagine a world where the sports news covers nothing but the Hawks and the Cubs. Welcome to Chicago. shudders Thankfully, a fellow Kings fan recommended this hilarious yet insightful podcast. I've listened all year and have found every guest to be great and the conversation easy to follow. Jesse does a great job hosting all the madness. Follow everyone from The Royal Half on Twitter as well... you will not be disappointed! All in all, the pod has constantly made my day a little brighter during the hockey season. Cheers to next year gents!
9. Best Podcast There Is - If you are into the fancy sh-mancy stats, best goalie saves of the year raves every episode, bleh opinions on all things NHL by a politically correct host and contributors THEN this is not your kind of podcast. This is an LA Kings podcast that is entertaining, unapologetically opinionated and biased when it comes to all things LA Kings. And that's just how I like it! Also because we've learned to not question Dean Lombardi! Right Jesse? So subscribe and listen in you won't be disappointed!
10. - Materton Madness Podcast - The three of you sounded like clowns in this particular podcast... When you guys sound like you are drunk just STOP recording and record another time. You three seriously sounded worse than arrogant Blackhawks's fans bragging about winning three cups in years... PLEASE just STOP!!!
11. Kings Fans Stand Strong - Jesse and your 'special guests' (TRH, Pumper, JR, Jack A Wilson, Lisa C) do an amazing job of keeping us up to date on the latest in rumors, speculations, and outright gossip about our boys and the Reign. Can't give you stars because posting is inconsistent and need better sound quality. Guests' audio can be very challenging especially when listening in the car. Good job guys and thanks for the hard work!
12. A must listen for all Kings fans - I love me this podcast. Jesse, The Half, Pumper and Jack always please my ears with their witty all things kings/hockey related conversations. I listen to every episode and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. Keep up the great work! Never stop! Ever! Please! Or else! gkg
13. Really well done! - After years of thinking I don't have time for podcasts, I finally tried out All the Kings Men, since I follow most of team the Royal half on Twitter, and it is so well done I'm mad I've missed out all this time! It's equal parts hockey fanboy geekery and well researched, well reasoned analysis and insider information. The host, Jesse has a great voice, he speaks in fairly proper grammar, and he correctly identifies cheesecake as a pie! Also, there are no annoying commercials. So I'm completely hooked and look forward to each new episode!
“New Ice City” is a weekly podcast hosted by Vincent Mercogliano, New York Rangers beat reporter and NHL analyst for the USA TODAY Network. Each episode will feature Vince’s insights on the latest news and rumblings surrounding the Blueshirts, as well as interviews with an array of guests from the hockey world. Download and subscribe on any platform where you find your podcasts, or by visiting lohud.com/rangers.
Release date: 2023-03-01
Ray Ferraro & Darren Dreger, two of the biggest names in the game join forces for The Ray & Dregs Hockey Podcast. Providing expert insight, analysis and opinions on what's happening on and off the ice in an entertaining personality-laden style that you won't find anywhere else.
Release date: 2023-03-04
1. I enjoy the hockey but not the gambling - This is an enjoyable hockey podcast that even my wife, who is not into sports, can appreciate. I love the banter and the off-topic stories and especially interviews with retired players. However, the CoolBet segments are unnecessary, uninteresting, and usually a few presses of the skip ahead button. I know sports gambling is a big moneymaker today, but it’s not for me.
2. Awesome podcast, except for the ads! - C’mon guys, why all the ads? Do you need the money? Put your podcast behind a paywall if you need to, but the ads are a HUGE turnoff. Jeff & Elliott barely mention GMC or whoever sponsors them. Your takes are great when you keep them hockey related, but I don’t need to hear how over-beered you might be, or about the SUV Lexus IS letting you drive, or the jewelry you got your wife from the othe sponsor! Rant over. GREAT HOCKEY PODCAST!
3. Giving up on you guys - I like both of these guys but this podcast needs a firm producer to tell the guys to shut up about non-hockey and personal matters. You can’t just put a friendly conversation up as a podcast episode. People don’t have enough time in their days to spend over an hour to get - minutes of serious hockey content.
4. Excited for this! - Hello Dregs & Chicken Farmer! I am a huge fan of both of your work throughout the years! I’m always intrigued to hear inside information from Dregs, either on “First Up” or on “Leafs Lunch” of course your breaking information on Twitter etc. I also enjoy Ray’s inside information & the attention to details he shares on the game, from the World Junior Championships, and what it takes to be a pro. As for going forward with the podcast, I know you’ll stay true to yourselves, and just like Bob’s, “Bobcast” it is interesting to always hear your stories throughout the league, past experiences & how you both are able to nail insider information on contract negotiations, trades, drafts etc. Whatever interviews you’re both able to have would be awesome! And also your stories that your hearing throughout the year, and opinions on the hot topics of the NHL, or other breaking information from the CHL, USHL & other prospects that could make a difference in the near future. All the best, @ItsBartDude
5. Awesome podcast! - I am a podcaster myself, and am looking to get into hockey media and broadcasting as a career and this podcast is very in depth, entertaining, and informational! A great mix of funny and serious, I am very excited for the growth of this podcast. A must listen for any hockey fan! Thanks Ray and Dregs, keep it up!
The most listened to Colorado Avalanche podcast/show in the world from credentialed journalists who travel with the Colorado Avalanche. Hosted by AJ Haefele, Nathan Rudolph, Meghan Angley and Jesse Montano.
Release date: 2023-03-04
1. Excessive and annoying Ads - Updated //: Attention to detail on the podcast side has fallen apart. Today’s show titled “Alexander Giorgiev Stands on his head as Avalanche Secure Win…” plays the pregame show instead of the post game. This is at least the third time this has happened in recent weeks. It seems like the entire focus is on the YouTube channel, which is fine but don’t even bother with the podcasts if it’s not something you choose to care about.
2. Half and half - Two of the people are awesome, Megan and the main host guy who guides the convo are pretty great. But Jesse(?) maybe is his name(the guy wining about wearing shorts in the most recent episode is such an annoying little twerp. AJ has decent knowledge but can whine and complain way too much. Jesse stinks tho
3. My daily fix - It’s been exciting watching this crew evolve from the early BSN days to what they are now. Each individual brings their own unique insight to the table while also bringing a fun listening experience. Whether it’s the dead of summer, moments after a bad loss, or on cloud with Lord Stanley, you can always count on DNVR to conquer that hockey craving.
4. Best Avs Pod in the podspace - What I love most about them is how often they have a new pod. I watch them on YouTube as well. They’re one of the rare sports pods that have both quality and quantity. Sometimes, they contradict themselves or are pretty bitter about irrelevant things that happen in a game but I let it go because we are die hard fans too and crap happens. Love you guys!
5. Disappointing and Inappropriate - Came here after the Avs won the Stanley Cup looking for a great, in-depth analysis of the game but left very disappointed. Within the first five minutes, there were SEVERAL swear words used and even a couple of inappropriate and unnecessary sexual jokes. It even sounded like some of the hosts were drunk as they recorded the episode. If you’re looking for a professional and classy podcast that covers the Avs, this isn’t the one. This podcast seems more geared towards people wishing they could still be in college. Here’s to hoping for something better!
6. Lag - Great podcasts, but they’re often only available here or on Spotify days after they were recorded, by which point they’re obsolete. Since DNVR is in the business of closely covering events as they happen, I think they should invest some time/energy/whatever into troubleshooting this issue. The daily coverage model doesn’t work when the Monday podcast is coming out Wednesday or Thursday.
7. Can we get back to hockey? - I respect all their knowledge of hockey and like to listen to fill in all the gaps of what I can know about the Avs just by watching a game. But the crassness and lack of focus on hockey is increasingly frustrating and making me look for other shows. Maybe less shots during recording? Not sure what is causing the slide, but hope it gets better. I listen the the DNVR Broncos podcast religiously and think maybe they have a more professional podcast and wish this one would follow suite.
8. AJ - I love you man but you gotta stop getting on your soap box about covid. Saying people need to be cast out of society for not taking the vaccine is a joke. Stick to the hockey boys i get it that saying the avs might be affected if the sens aren’t back for the game but if you want to talk about world issues make a special episode to get it off your chest. Go avs!
9. - Let me get to the point. A couple of years ago I gave this Pod a star review, I loved it. When the Pod hosts are AJ, AD and Jesse. The chemistry was so good the analysis so strong. AJ hands down one of the greatest hockey minds I listened to EVER! Since then with the addition of Rudo, the Pod has become a drunk obnoxious ad fest with about, % of topic drunken babbling, % ad reads, and % Avs hockey talk. Evan is a great addition love how he keeps it on topic great insight. Stop promoting the bar, and get back on course.
10. The best hockey pod out there - It wasn’t the finish we wanted for the Avs’ season but I couldn’t imagine going through the hockey season without the guys at DNVR. They’re hilarious but they also give very intelligent analysis of each game. AJ, Rudo, and Blais are all great. Highly recommend for any Avs or hockey fan in general!
11. Nearly perfect - AJ and Rudo are professionals who know this game in and out. But I don’t know what Blaze Hunter’s value is? Nothing personal, seems like a great dude but it seems like he just echoes what AJ and Rudo say so I’m not sure of his contributions or actual knowledge seems like they just kinda pulled a random fan who just saw the game off the street if I didn’t know any better.
12. Actually knows what they’re talking about - Wild fan here. I listen here and there whenever we play the Avalanche. Good insight into the game from a different fan base. Unlike most Avalanche fans I deal with, they know the other team fairly well and recognize their talented players. Not afraid to criticize their team when deserving. All around a good show
13. I love you guys - I have a couple things but what’s your thought on going out and getting goaltender my thoughts are with Mackenzie Blackwood from NJ dude would be a monster I feel like with our D another thought Is when bednar double shifts Mack is it just me but I feel like Mack and O’Connor should be on the ice together sometimes that speed I feel would be lethal what’s your thoughts
Sara, Shayna, and Alison break down what's on their minds about pretty much anything. They also smile more. No mansplaining allowed!
Release date: 2023-03-04
1. A great podcast, not just a great hockey podcast - This podcast has that perfectly balanced blend of humor, smarts, care, production quality, and host camaraderie that means that it’s a great listen for anyone, even if they’re not a hockey fan. Truly. I recommend this pod to everyone. The depth of knowledge of the hosts is tremendous, so it’s definitely a podcast about the sport (past, present, and future) but I’m a new fan (woooo Kraken!) and have never felt anything but welcomed by this pod and its subject matter. I learn a ton and have a great time doing it, and am so excited every time I see a new episode drop. I also really appreciate how the hosts don’t shy away from taking a thoughtful but strong stance on the ugly parts of the sport we love (and hope will continue to change and improve). And finally, in case Alison forgets for a moment what an inspiration she is to other stats-hungry women who want to go deeper on that side of the sport, I want to remind her that she is!! and I’m devouring her analytics work. In a game of FMK, I marry this pod.
2. Love, love, love - I was so excited to find that this podcast exists! I’m a newer hockey fan (Go Kraken!) and tried some other podcasts that were by bros for bros, and most definitely not for me. These ladies are smart and sassy and I come away from each episode feeling that I’ve learned a little more about hockey and current events within the NHL without being drowned in a metaphorical cloud of Axe body spray.
3. Smart, funny, interesting, useful - I’m new to hockey and am really grateful to add this pod to the rotation. These women are so fun to listen to. They have great chemistry and they keep things moving. It’s maybe a little too advanced for me as a newbie, and sometimes I have trouble keeping up (but that’s a “me” problem). Alison, Sara, and Shayna are all great and as a woman, I’m so happy to hear these women step up and throw down this great show every week. MFK is always hilarious. They all sound like they are genuinely having a lot of fun doing these podcasts. Please keep up the good work. And PS, I always love hearing Alison’s tidbits on the Kraken, keep ‘em coming.
4. Love these voices all day every day - I listen to (and have sampled) a lot of different hockey podcasts, and finding TMM was like the Holy Grail of what I’d gone looking for in the first place - super smart, fun takes I don’t always necessarily agree with but that always entertain and educate while not doing violence to my wellbeing as a non CisHetWhite Hockey Man (TM). Thank you Alison, Shayna and Sara!
5. Favorite podcast, hockey and all - I’ve been listening to Alison since she was in Columbus and I really miss her on Front and Nationwide. I was so excited when I found this podcast and it never disappoints. All three of them have such good chemistry together and are so fun to learn from. I wish they had a new episode every day.
6. Hockey convo is great but audio is sometimes hard to listen to. - Hockey convo is great but audio is sometimes hard to listen to. Random rustling, a super quiet mic, tinny, etc. The inconsistent audio distracts from the great hockey convo. Use that meadowlark money for new equipment maybe. Love the show!
7. : - Of course given the podcast’s name, Dan would pick this podcast up. Though, they are decent at speaking about hockey conversationally. You could probably get your coverage from many places, but I’m glad this isn’t just a podcast full of Jessicas. They’re women who want to break down hockey, and I respect them for doing it without too much “IMA GURL, AAAAAAAAAAH MEN R DUMB!”, though a little of that is definitely there. I only don’t understand the heavy handed, Jessica-level-intellect name for the podcast. Men r friggin pigz, ryte?!?
8. Was great until - I legitimately enjoyed this podcast, until the last episode when it was deemed necessary to have some random basement podcasters that don’t even understand what conference teams are in. If you stick to reporters and people with some sort of credentials I might come back, but for now If I wanted to listen to random sports fans I’d talk to Rick from Red Deer