In The Bible in a Year podcast, Fr. Mike Schmitz walks you through the entire Bible in 365 episodes, providing commentary, reflection, and prayer along the way. Unlike any other Bible podcast, Ascension’s Bible in a Year podcast follows a reading plan inspired by The Great Adventure Bible Timeline, a ground-breaking approach to understanding salvation history developed by renowned Catholic Bible scholar Jeff Cavins. For each period in the timeline, Jeff will join Fr. Mike for a special episode...
Release date: 2023-03-05 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Excellent commentary - Fr. Mike’s daily commentary following each day’s readings is excellent, helpful and enlightening. I love how he connects the dots and puts things into perspective in a way that is so easy to understand and apply to our time and our lives. He gives us historical perspective which so important, especially in these times when most people turn a blind eye to the past.
2. Can be life changing… if you let Him - This podcast can be life-changing! For real. Not because of Father Mike (Father Mike, I love you, dude!), not because of Ascension Press, not because you have a cool app that brings God’s Word right to your ears, but because through Bible In A Year, God is speaking into your heart, your mind, and your soul every day. Every single day. Just do it. You won’t be sorry. Promise!
3. Amazing and uplifting - I stumbled onto this after a year of my life being completely upended by becoming a long distance caretaker to my elderly parents then the subsequent death of my mother. My life was no longer my life, it belonged to them. I was searching for a Bible reading plan and found this. Fr Mike was literally sent to me by God. I listen to this every evening right before falling asleep. I’ve never read the Bible like this. The enthusiasm that Fr Mike brings is contagious and I look forward to each evening listening to his readings, prayers and discussion. I also bought the companion books to help reinforce what he has said. I can’t give enough praise. This has helped me come to terms with my mom’s death and my continued caretaking duties for my dad. And it has helped me understand why as Catholics, we do a lot of what we do. Something I did just because that’s how we do things rather than understand the reasoning behind it. Thank you, this podcast is a blessing and brings me closer to God each day.
4. Don’t wait - turn off everything else - It’s incredible. If you are on the fence about this, don’t be. This brings an all new understanding to the bible and why each of the sections of the bible are important. AND it helps relate that understanding to everyday life. This could be life changing for you. God wants you. Do you want him? It starts here! Father Mike is really easy to listen to and does a fantastic job with this. And I can’t believe its free!
5. I’m a new Roman Catholic - Dear Father Mike, Your joy and love for the Word of God and for the Catechism inspires every morning! I signed up for your podcasts because of my son and I can’t thank you enough for what you are doing through the Grace and Power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am praying for you please pray for me. Helena Lisle Poe
6. Bible study - This podcast is one of the best. Very informative. Fr. Mike, this is my rd year listening to the Bible in Year. It is how I start my day and each year I learn something new. It adds a new depth of my understanding scripture. I highly recommend anyone to start listening to this podcast, it will change your life and put God’s message into your daily focus.
7. Life changing - I have been listening for the Bible in year for more than a year and it has been life changing. I always thought that it was hard to finish the reading the Bible but this podcast made this possible.
Also, the commentary from father Mike and Jeff Cavens is amazing and exciting to wait for and very informative.
Also, being able to read the Bible I have been able to grow my faith more and get closer to Jesus. God bless you and keep going
8. Finally a student - I felt like I followed Christ, but never had I been challenged to study his life and all of God’s teachings. Learning about the hard to understand things and the connections in the old and New Testament made me feel like a student. Curious and ever learning. Thanks Fr. Mike and Jeff for acting on your gifts.
In Ascension’s The Catechism in a Year podcast, Fr. Mike Schmitz guides you through the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church in 365 episodes, providing explanation, insight, and encouragement along the way. Unlike any other Catechism podcast, The Catechism in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz) podcast follows a reading plan inspired by Ascension’s Foundations of Faith approach, a color-coded approach that reveals the structure of the Catechism, making it easier to read and understand. With t...
Release date: 2023-03-05 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Catechism explained! - Father Mike Schmitz is a blessing. Love this podcast and the help he provides explaining the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Catholicism is complex and this is a wonderful way to better understand our faith. Thank you for sharing your gifts with the world Father Mike! God Bless You. I am praying for you and everyone listening to this series.
2. This podcast is an essential part of my daily routine. - This podcast is a blessing. The Catechism is a source of such profound, powerful, positive and beautiful teaching, even when what it teaches challenges me - my beliefs and behaviors - it speaks truth so clearly out of true love for me and for all mankind. Plus, Fr. Mike you are doing an outstanding job of reading and giving context, making connections and most of all being that human voice for the truth and love you are sharing with us. I will be with you all days and then I’ll listen to it all over again. Just like I have done with Bible in a Year. Some things cannot be read or listened to too often or too much. Thank you and God bless you and keep you safe from all evil. Lillian, Oregon, USA
3. The Name of Jesus - JMJ I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to this show and I really see this as a wonderful resource in the future! I am sure Father Mike knows this but I was wondering if he could mention the practice of a little bow/nod of the head every time someone hears Jesus’ name said. It really helps to remember the solemnity and respect due to His name. Just a suggestion :)
4. Oh my! Thank you, thank you! - Having listened to the Bible for two years, the Catechism synthesizes the Word already heard, into boulders which are now my faith foundation. The Catechism is enlightening which pulls together information from the Old and New Testaments as well as works from Saints which day after day is time I look forward to learn more.
5. CIAY - I am so moved just hearing and now understanding our Catechism so much deeper!
I just feel an enlightening in my soul. And I already love BIY and get so much out of your explanations
and knowing my Catholic faith! THANK YOU, THANK YOU so very much Many prayers for you and this entire community!
6. Lenten journey - In response to your question I have found that doing the Catechism in a Year has enriched my Lenten practices. I like that you say we are able to learn something even though we may not “get” everything. Being open to learning about our faith definitely deepens my love for Christ and the church. Thank you!!! Kim P
7. What do I think? - Wow. When I began listening to this podcast on January st it felt a bit overwhelming, but I settled into the rhythm. Results? I have been very blessed. Even though I already knew my faith well, this is bringing me in deeper and closer to God. It is true; I am getting to know God, especially God the Father at this point of the podcast, which is making my heart swell with a greater love for him. THANK YOU to everyone involved in putting this together, especially Father Mike. Prayers for you.
8. Amazing - I journeyed through the Bible in a year and loved every minute of it. Now, as I journey through the catechism of the year, I am finding a deeper understanding of my faith. Father Mike makes everything accessible and understandable through his amazing, commentary. I highly recommend both the Bible in a year and the catechism in the air for anyone who wants to go deeper in their faith.
The Bible Recap
Release date: 2023-03-05 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Awesome! - I’m so thankful for Candace Cameron Bure’s podcast that introduced me to Tara Leigh and The Bible Recap. The Bible Recap has been eye-opening and heart-warming. Tara Leigh explains things so clearly giving historical backgrounds, details, and connections to other parts of the Bible that I never realized. What’s most meaningful is I now have a desire to read more of God’s word. I’m so thankful for Tara Leigh and this podcast. It’s truly has been life changing.
2. Life changing - Although I’ve studied the Bible here and there, on and off, for many years, this is the first time I have ever gone through the entire thing. Wow! Not only am I learning things I have never picked up on before, TLC helps keep me keep my mind and my heart in the right place: on God’s character. I am over half way though the entire Bible and I cannot wait to get to Jesus in the flesh!!! The Bible has become like a novel I cannot put down, only it’s TRUE and it’s the story on my salvation! I never thought I could get this excited about the Bible. I thank God for using TLC to bring me closer to Him. I have told so many people about this.
3. The Bible Recap - If you ever desired to read through the Bible and be in God’s word daily and sequentially, this is the podcast for you. Tara Leigh Cobble highlights key points from each daily segment. She helps make sense out of what can seem confusing. Reading the daily Bible segments and listening to the podcast is a minute commitment at most. It’s the best minutes you will spend each day. I highly recommend it.
4. Tara is amazing - I have been listening this podcast for a while . Tara is very knowledgeable about the scriptures and easy to listen. Beautiful voice.Although I do not agree with % of her interpretations,I love the fact that she is humble to admit that she , like all of us, is not perfect. I love that about her .I highly recommend this podcast and i encourage people to support her in any way they can, so we can keep it going.
5. Bridging the Gap - I love how Tara Leigh bridges the gap between the scripture and how to understand what was really going on. As a st time Bible reader, I’m grateful someone can break it down for me to better understand. Without the Bible recap, I would probably be confused and mentally check out of my daily readings.
6. I’m and this is my first time reading through the Bible - I had never before read the Bible all the way through— and honestly didn’t care to. But I heard about Bible Recap and gave it a try. Now I’m hooked! Usually I listen to the chapters through the You Version Bible app while I walk. Then at home, I pull out my journal and take notes while Tara-Leigh recaps in her amazingly relatable and sometimes even humorous way. My aunt in another city is also doing Bible Recap this year, and it’s been so fun to share our insights and “God shots” with each other. Wish I’d done this sooner, but so glad I’m doing it now.
7. Anticipating! - TLC- Thank you for giving me a guide. I truly look forward to reading the Bible everyday. I turn on the Bible app and have “him” read to me while I follow along. It seems to help me retain the information I’m reading. I’m praying for you and I thank you for being in my life! Love, Rachel
8. I love it! DEFINITELY WORTH STARS! - I am and this is my first time to read my Bible all the way through. This is SO helpful! I love that she talks about God being Omnipresent, Omnipotent, and Omnipotent. I feel like I am growing so much closer to God! Even when I’m “behind” I know that “He’s where the Joy is”.I am so thankful for Tara Lee Cobble and The Bible Recap! also I rate it stars and for some reason it says I only rated it a but definitely stars!
Do you ever feel that preparing for your weekly Come, Follow Me lesson falls short? Join hosts Hank Smith and John Bytheway as they interview experts to make your study for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Come, Follow Me course not only enjoyable but original and educational. If you are looking for resources to make your study fresh, faithful, and fun--no matter your age--then join us every Wednesday morning. Show notes: https://followhim.co YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/...
Release date: 2023-03-01 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Facts and Faith for CFM - I am surprised weekly at the knowledge and information shared. John Bytheway and Hank Smith do an exceptional job as co-hosts. They bring the perfect guest host-each week who seems to have the most amazing education and experience. The podcast makes Come Follow Me curriculum come alive. I’m grateful for the entire crew that makes this happen. People with so much knowledge and education willing to bear testimony to the Savior and their faith is always the perfect way to end. Thank you!!!
2. Finding Deeper Understanding - If you want to go deeper into having a greater understanding of the history, geography, definitions, meanings & background of what takes place in scripture, this is the place to do it. Every single time I tune in to the podcast I feel enlightened and enriched in my understanding of scripture and the Doctrine of Christ. The guests always add an intellectual layer of knowledge and clarity and depth that helps me to ask bigger questions and seek personal revelation on my own. Hank and John are like the nicest, fun uncles you could have! I love how gentle and reflective they are in sharing their experiences and testimonies. I also appreciate the way John and Hank leave space for guests to do “their thing”. Just want to express my gratitude to Sister Sorenson as well. Thank you, what you are doing matters a great deal. This work is very inspired.
3. Bible Study made Engaging - First … where do they find the seeming endless parade of fascinating and entertaining guests? So interesting to hear the variety of perspectives with each week’s lesson. Found this podcast invaluable in making it through, and learning to love, the Old Testament. Look forward to the same experience with our study this year of the New Testament. Keep up the great and blessed work, gentlemen. Followup: enjoying the study of the New Testament this year just as much as last year’s Old Testament study. My weekly must-listen. Thanks again!
4. Great Gospel Discussions - This podcast hosted by John Bytheway and Hank Smith is a great addition to my scripture study. The featured guests are extremely knowledgeable, if not experts, on the topics each week. Normally, I prefer podcasts that are about minutes. But these are so enriching and uplifting that I have loved that they are twice that length, and it seems like there’s per week. Also, I love that the podcasts are filmed and published on YouTube, so I can watch them while I do household chores. They have good, professional video and sound quality.
5. Fantastic podcast - I absolutely love this podcast and listen to it every week. John and Hank are wonderful by themselves and then they have on these fabulous scholars that just blow me away every week! I learn sooo much and it’s a great addition to CFM. Thanks Hank and John for agreeing to do this podcast. P.S. Lily Anderson. I could listen to you for hours. Thank you for your beautiful insights
6. Lighthearted Gospel Learning - If you visit with these amazing teachers every week you will find many many opportunities to learn but more importantly many invitations for you to go and do deeper study on your own. I’m very grateful for the time and effort put into this podcast. I feel that the teachers are guided by the spirit in their discussions and ultimately use their time to point people towards Jesus Christ and better themselves by living His Gospel.
7. Amazing Inspiration - This podcast has become a valuable addition to my Come Follow Me studies. I love the background information and approach they take to discussing these gospel topics. I have listened to every episode and look forward to my studies each week more and more. I find myself feasting on the scriptures in new ways as I have found more resources and inspiration.
8. Matthew - Jesus describes himself - I reslly enjoyed the Matt discussion! If i may I’d add one thought. People say they want to have a relationship with Jesus. Relationships are strongest and deepest when we know how the other person thinks and acts. It seems to me that when one wants to have a relationship with Jesus, Matt may the best place to understand Him as He describes His own character and ways of acting, as well asks us become so the relationship can be stronger.
Welcome to the Joel Osteen Daily Podcast. Joel & Victoria Osteen inspire people to reach their dreams, find fresh beginnings and live their best life. Both he and Victoria live in Houston, TX. Visit Joel’s website at joelosteen.com.
Release date: 2023-03-05
1. Great way to start my day - I listen to this every mornin, and my outlook has changed. Joel and Victoria help me understand God more and how he wants the best for me. Feeling lost, out of place, or discouraged , THIS PODCAST IS A GREAT ADDITIONAL HELPFUL RESOURCE. They definitely help blaze the fire that burns in me
2. Former prisoner’s gratitude - While in prison, Bro. Joel’s messages kept me inspired, hopeful, and in faith. In a dark place light was shining through this wonderful ministry as the I heard that God still loved me and accepted me even though my life was a complete disaster which the enemy tried to utterly destroy. Thank you Joel and thanks to your team for ministering to me in the penal system through your messages (on TBN). I love you and grateful to God for you.
3. Beautiful Podcast! - I look forward to the podcast everyday. I sit and listen, and appreciate all that I hear. My faith has been lifted, and God’s word comes alive for me, as Joel always brings in scripture in all his messages. This podcast is truly transforming my mindset. I have come to appreciate Joel and Victoria. Sunday service is blessing! If you cannot make it in person, you can view it live on You-Tube.
You will Be Blessed!
4. God bless this podcast - Joel Osteen has helped me so much in my life. I’m incredibly grateful for his ministry and for Lakewood Church. This truly is a blessing and has changed my life. The first episode I ever listened to was called “Deaf To The Negative” this totally transformed my entire way of thinking. God bless you Joel, in Jesus name we pray Amen
5. Staying passionate - Joel I’ve been watching and listening to your massages for years it’s brought my family to Christ Your massages are amazing. You’re a wonderful inspiring leader Your massage today was one I’ve needed to hear. Life has been hard this year attacks from all angles has left me lifeless wo joy or hope Thank you encouraging us and being that angel. God bless you and your beautiful family Wishing you a blessed New Year
6. Joel’s Podcast will Change your LIFE - I listen to Joel daily. Every single message helps me to become a better person, and to trust and follow God in my every day life. I listen to his messages as I exercise, make breakfast, clean, drive, work, and prepare for sleep. I consider his messages my daily vitamins. Every single message encourages me, and helps me to improve all my relationships. It helps me to give % in everything that I do. It helps me to remember to make time for God and for those I love. I highly recommend that you listen to one of his podcasts every day. Every single message will help you, and it will change your life.
7. God bless the authentic self - Joel you keep doing you… God thank you for bringing a leader like Joel. Thank you for giving him compassionate intelligence that is lacking within many leaders of faith. Gods love is greater than any human can fathom. Christ was the model man we were to follow and since then there have been many who have used the scriptures to justify so many inconceivable atrocities, yet these children of God would still have you believe they are right and “the way..”. God does not need mans help to create another devil he has all the evils locked up in Satan. So leave your judgment of and hatred for Gods voice, that is being presented in Joel’s ministries. God wants us to do good for each other that’s all there is to it . Now can you put aside your opinion of what a minister should be? Many great leaders of God never went to seminary, but are they less qualified to speak their truth . No voice is without merit when that voice encourages us to do good , teaches us to be the best we can be and put Faith first. Yes his ministry makes dollars but Joel makes sense and I believe does a lot to make people whole again after years of many who made dollars scaring us with Gods wrath. So if you listen carefully you can hear him healing the world, this my dear is priceless.
8. Unorthodox… - Taking advantage of the peoples money for mansions and private jets. What he preaches goes against the Catholic Church. How can you call me a heretic when you have things you need to fix yourself? Are you that blind? Get off the Chick comics and learn the True teachings of the Church.
For the last several years, the Catholic Church has noted an alarming increase in the number of exorcisms performed. And for some of the most disturbing and vicious cases of possession, one priest is often summoned. With almost two decades in ministry, renowned priest Father Carlos Martins has encountered evil in nearly every way imaginable. From Ouija boards and curses to witches and demonic pacts, Father Martins has battled the ancient serpent in many forms. The Exorcist Files are his stories.
Release date: 2023-02-27 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Religion
1. How Demon’s can take control and how you can make them leave - Not only is this entertaining, it is extremely informative. You learn what prompts a demon to take control ( Hint Sin, Mortal Sin, usually disobeying the st Commandment) and how you can remove that demon. Highly recommend listening to this.
2. Missing the skeptic’s voice - Interesting podcast, but seems a bit one-sided. Like the last episode where they have a psychiatrist and neurologist give their input. I would have been more interested in hearing from people who were previously skeptical rather than ones who were already religious believers. Even if they are experts in their respective fields, it felt like they were just confirming their own religious biases rather than looking a possession through a scientific lens first. This is the first episode that felt like it was proselytizing to the listener as well, and it was a bit off putting.
3. Ridiculous - Exorcism is an unnecessary and harmful form of treatment for mental health conditions. The Catholic Church has been pushing the agenda that people are plagued by actual demons that need to be exorcised in an effort to scare people out of their money for countless generations. The process of exorcism has actually killed people. It’s not therapy. It’s not logical. It’s in no way curative or a replacement for mental health management/therapy. The only demon that exists is the Catholic Church itself.
4. A much needed reminder of good vs evil that is not talked about - I have had the privilege to see the traveling relics that Fr. Martins graciously shares (https://treasuresofthechurch.com) with the faithful at various parishes in the United States. I suppose I was not surprised then that he is also an excorcist, a role that is not normally known about for those that have been put to task with this dirty but ever important task of liberating suffering people. Fr. Martins states Church teaching correctly and clearly shows the power of God. I question if this is sensationalizing this topic, in a dramatized manner, however, in charity I believe that Father is trying to help other realize the battle that many face in the ordinary and supernatural is real. Look up Fr. Ripperger if you want to learn more or even Fr. Malachi Martin.
5. Seriously The best Podcast - It is so intriguing, I just recently started listening to podcasts & have struggled finding one I love. Well found it !! I can’t wait till a new one each week. As a Christian & knowing EVIL is real this just defines Gods power over everything. I can’t put into words how well this is done, the scriptures used to face evil, the descriptions of the people involved, & the knowing that God has won at the end of each episode. Leaves me feeling so Blessed to sever the Almighty !!
6. Great Podcast - I love this podcast. It is so interesting, and I love that it gives the perspective of different priests, as well as medical professionals. Some of the reenactments can be kind of corny because they are played by actors, but they do give value. I also love that each episode is breaking down different parts of and different elements of an exorcism. This podcast never ceases to hold my attention and has helped me understand the process of exorcism, as well as a lot of theological teaching on demonic entities. It is a good contrast to what we have seen in the horror movies.
7. It’s real. - I know that there are a lot of people out there that will say that demonic possessions are fake, made up, and they just don’t happen. In my few times around the block and the circles that I run in, I have encountered a gentleman that worked to cast out demons as well as a real life encounter with a young man who had been possessed as well. A lot of details of those encounters are reiterated in this podcast. I look forward to every new episode and, honestly, I wish that I would have come across this podcast years later so I could listen to the next episode without having to wait all week for the next one to drop.
8. Perfect! - Perfect blend of re-enactments and Exorcism : do’s and don’ts during an actual exorcism. The actors who voice Satan & his demons are scary good. The humble and grace-filled priest grounds the listener in safety. I especially love the anecdotal information that reveals itself during each episode. Each fallen Angel has a nemesis? Joseph was blessed with his own personal Angel who went AWOL. Sad! Lot’s of great new stuff! Ep. is slow and a bit cheesy, but the quality of the production picks up with each successive episode. This is now one of my new favorite pods. Well done to all involved!
The "WHOA That's Good" podcast welcomes you into meaningful conversations with authors, athletes, musicians, speakers, and stars of film and television in search of the answer to just one question: What is the best advice you have ever been given? Hosted by Sadie Robertson, best-selling author, founder of Live Original, and star of A&E's "Duck Dynasty" & season 19 of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," this fun and lighthearted podcast is sure to leave you saying, "WHOA That's Good!"
Release date: 2023-03-06 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Sadie is changing lives! - Sadie! Girl you are such a light. The lord has gifted you so powerfully with wisdom and with a heart that desires to impact this generation. Your podcasts are always so encouraging to me and your words are always timely. I pray for God’s grace to continue to be your potion, and may your heart always remain hungry for more of the Lord. You are such a light. I pray for you to by God’s grace make it to heaven. You are a blessing!
2. Encouraging and moving - I was listening to Wednesdays episode on my way to work, (and this is my first experience with the podcast) and the guest was sharing a story of brushing this old man’s hair, and it moved me to tears. God was already talking to me about having a servants heart and I felt like this was right in line with that. So encouraging and I absolutely loved the whole episode. I will be listening again and again to this podcast! Sadie you do an amazing job!!
3. Thank you - your podcast has impacted my life so much and I just want to thank you for all of your podcasts I am just a years old but I have heard my sister listening to your podcasts and I don’t have any friends at school but your podcasts help me get through my day and remember everything God has done in my life.
4. AWESOME - I love love love listening to Sadie talk and all of the participants on her show. I feel like I usually learn something every time that I listen to her show. Mornings with Sadie are awesome!! Sometimes I listen throughout the day, especially if I’m having a rough day. God makes everything better!! & Sadie helps!
5. God sent me your latest episode - I usually don’t do reviews too often but I swear God is so good even at the most suffering times. Last night I was reminiscing a heartbreak of a relationship that wasn’t helping me nor serving God. I was crying my eyes out to the Lord, giving up on life itself. Today I checked this episode and simply seeing the title of Red Flags gave me a reminder why God pulled him away from me. God is so good and blessing me, reminding me I am always loved. I felt so lost last night and now I am found once again
6. Stop talking about political topics - I have been subscribed for a long time and have enjoyed listening but listening to her talk and being on people who talk about politics. That’s an immediate no from me. It also rubbed me the wrong way where they have to tell each other about talking to someone of the other sex…. Is this the ’s.
7. Thank you life changing - I am and love your podcast it is and me and my family love duck dynasty i also like you testimony just at the end of ten I got pulled out if public school I felt sad I had no friends I fought with my parents every day I just didn’t know who I was and still don’t know all of it (that could just be cause I am )then we started watching duck dynasty then my mom got into you then I did then i started listening to this podcast and I felt better uplifted so thank you so much really
8. Recommend doing your research - I regularly listen to the podcast, and for the most part it is very uplifting. However, you had a recent podcast with your husband where you mentioned people worship Mary. I’m sure this was a dig at Catholics, but that actually is completely false, and I highly recommend you do your research before speaking on such matters. Catholics don’t worship Mary. We ask for her intercession. That means we ask her to pray for us, and who better to ask to pray for us than the Mother of God herself? Anyway, I just found it a bit ignorant for a public figure to share such a common misconception.
The creators of BibleProject have in-depth conversations about the Bible and theology. A companion podcast to BibleProject videos found at bibleproject.com
Release date: 2023-02-27 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. I’m always learning something new - This podcast has taught me so much about how to read the Bible as a unified story. I’ve loved the series going through the Torah and it’s given me a whole new appreciation for the first books of the Bible. In every episode, I always seem to learn something new. I’d recommend this show to anyone wanting to gain a deeper understanding of the Bible. The hosts do a fantastic job of breaking down very complex topics and themes in an interesting and easy to understand way. It really makes the Bible feel so much more approachable.
2. So enlightening - I love this podcast because it helps me to understand the gospel better. They are two cool regular guys that explain scripture without being preachy. It makes me feel like these are guys I would hang out with because they are so welcoming and friendly. Tim is so knowledgeable and Jon is also well versed. I love the conversations between them. Thanks Guys!
3. This is a great podcast for anyone wanting to learn about the Bible. - Tim and John are great at what they do. Tim has an astonishing amount of knowledge about ancient history and the text contained within the Bible. I was trying to read the Bible like books that are written in the way authors write in our present time, but that’s not how the Bible was written. They have opened my eyes to themes and patterns I never would have known about, because I can’t read (or sing) in Hebrew. They present the content in an easy-to-understand format, which is not an easy task. This is so much more than a podcast, it truly is a project. Highly suggested, and if you enjoy the podcast, check out their app and/or website. Thank you for all you do! - A brother in Christ
4. Ignited a passion for scripture - I’ve always loved history and ancient cultures, so a podcast that gets into the translation and context of the Bible piqued my interest. It’s amazing how much this has given me an appetite for reading my Bible and I’m doing so, so many truths and concepts of scripture have opened up to me.
5. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! - The Bible Project is an amazing resource to help me grasp the true meaning of Gods plan for me. I know I’m a little late to the party, but it’s better late than never! The Bible Project helps me focus and I can also learn so much from it. Thank you for all you do Tim and Jon!
6. Hebrew “Bible Nerds” Wisdom for Life - Tim and Jon are amazing “Bible Nerds” from relatively conservative Anglo evangelical heritage who have broken into the Hebrew Scriptures in a deep way to reveal the major patterns and themes in the Hebrew Bible that point to Messiah Jesus. They are intellectually focused vs heart and hands focused in their discussions. If you are looking to get deeper into what the entire Bible is about, this is the pod. They are not pushing an ideology or trying to make the Hebrew Scriptures fit into their pre-conceived framework. Good for Catholics, Orthodox, Secularists, people of Jewish or Islamic heritage as well as Protestants and faith de-constructors. They stick to the text and work to interrogate their own assumptions and traditions. My only complaint is that Jon and Tim seem to have far fewer huge problems than I do and seem less concerned that the church has become corrupt than I am and everyone I know in California. They almost seem to intentionally avoid saying what these Scriptures might be saying to our own Churches and now, preferring to stick to interpreting the text and drawing us ’s into a conversation and chewing on it for ourselves. It’s like their mission is to create a global world of Bible Nerds who can reconstruct Biblical communities after the slow Apocalypse we are living through. The Church and the are on but their calling is to study the Bible and encourage others to do so vs. engage in applying their Bible insights to redeeming the world in an active way
7. Singular focus - Tim and John stick to the theme:
The Bible is a unified story that leads to Jesus. Thanks for not veering off into pet beliefs. Thanks for teaching the intimate details from the Hebrew text. As a lay person who reads his Bible, I would not have understood the depth and richness of written words and the interconnection between stories. You all enrich my walk with the Lord! Genuinely, thank you.
8. What’s different - I really wish I had the tools to understand the Bible that Tim Mackie teaches in Bible project classroom earlier. Every serious believer should check out How to read your Bible in Tim Mackies classroom series before giving up and chucking your Bible. He speaks to the narrative, patterns , repetition and the scrolls and the people of the times and how they put the tanak together. It’s a real eye opener . Thanks Tim .
The Duck Commander and his family are unashamed of their Christian faith and want to share the Gospel with everyone, from new believers to longtime followers of Jesus. Phil, Al, Jase, Zach, and their special guests go beyond the four walls of the church to share God's Word and study the Bible with you. So pour a glass of tea, and experience fun and inspiring stories of faith and family, straight from West Monroe, Louisiana.
Release date: 2023-03-05 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Evict Zach - I used to love this podcast. Now I can’t even get through minutes when Zach starts to speak it makes me cringe, guys. I know he’s family and stuff, but he’s not good at podcasts. PLEASE GET RID OF EM! I listen to this for Phil mostly I know he’s getting up in years and has said just about all he can say but good lord, who the heck is Zach dasher? And who the heck cares.
2. Praise the Lord - Your awesome podcast is encouraging. I love it how deep you go into the words but I also miss your show. Your show was a show that me and my dad watched all the get together. He's gone now for since you're now on Roku channel. I watch every episode now again, I also bought all your episodes, but again I appreciate your faith in Jesus thank you Phil Robertson, Jay, Jace Robertson, and Zach can I think you for all of you do for the Lord and I look forward to listening to more. Thanks very much.
3. Amazing Podcast - Phil, Al, Jase, family, friends and all who make this podcast possible- Thank you so much for your time that you devote to making this show. Your stories and Bible studies have drawn me deeper into God’s word more than ever before in my life. God bless you all- a local South Carolina Redneck.
4. Teach JUDGEMENT It’s Real - In case you all haven’t noticed, we are under judgment. May not see it from your cozy huts. Zach keeps teaching we have a choice. True. But teach what’s happening. GOD is in control. Not Zach. Not US. God has allowed evil because we are mamby pamby Christians comfortable in the sin around us. Rise up men! Fight. Let’s see what’ve you got.
5. Encouragement for the Soul - I stumbled across Unashamed during Covid. I would sit in my backyard enjoying in the beauty and listen to these podcasts. Unashamed was like being around the Robertson family table talking about everyday happenings and life (in a duck hunting family). But then they open God’s Word and woah!! The daily podcasts became such an encouragement in a very difficult time for Americans and people around the world. A rich experience of iron sharpening iron. Unashamed has become our go-to road-trip podcast. This episode was a particular blessing and encouragement to me. I have forwarded it to so many family members and friends with a link to Shane and Shane’s song. Thank you Robertson family! May God continue to richly bless you.
6. Muslim listener loving it - I started listening to this podcast because I was impressed with the soothing voice of Phil and trailer of Torchbearer but I am a fan now. I am a practicing muslim and although we have theological differences but I like how they focus on the base message of improving life of their listeners. Thank you!
7. Merry Christmas - Y’all are apart of my every day for the past year or so and have helped me navigate through my Bible reading. I LOVE listening to your stories and every day LIFE situations. Y’all feel like you’re a part of my family Thank you for all you do and bring to my world and others From a Southeast Texas duck hunter’s wife, Love to you all xoxo
8. MY FAVORITE PODCAST - This is by far my favorite podcast. I laugh so much and with every episode I learn more in depth truth about the Word. I carry a lot of this knowledge with me in my day to day living now and whenever I read the Bible I have a clearer understanding of it all. Truly worth the listen!
Welcome to the weekly podcast of Elevation Church led by Pastor Steven Furtick. To learn more visit our website at http://elevationchurch.org or download the Elevation App. To support this ministry and help us continue to reach people all around the world click here: http://ele.vc/TI55jR
Release date: 2023-03-06 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Great Message Excellent Delivery! - All I can say to the people who prefer “calm messages” is they must really dislike the song Rattle! I also wonder if they’re “calm” when their favorite sports team wins. If we can tolerate shouting for a sports team why do we insist on people using their inside voice when talking about something as wonderful as the savior of the world?
2. Glory to glory! Grace to grace! - Every teaching leaves me excited for more God in my life! More trust in God. More Spirit and less of my own pride or insecurities and anxiety. Steven doesn’t sugar coat the struggles but teaches you HOW to find victory through Christ alone. The fresh, brilliant revelations God gives Steven when he studies the Word makes it obvious to me that he is anointed to preach! And preach he does! Victory, hope, and empowerment is for all who believe and surrender to the Lord! Listen up and get set free!
3. Absolutely the best messages - I can’t say enough good things about the messages. No one else I have ever listened to is better, without a doubt. However, I think someone needs to be hired to handle the recording of the messages. The volume is extremely low when Steven is speaking, so when the loud clapping happens or he starts yelling, it practically blows your ear drums out. I have literally accidentally called while mowing and trying to get the volume down. I know from your sermons you like Joel Osteen. Listen to his podcasts and the sound, notice you never have to increase or decrease the volume when you listen to the entire sermon. Please hire someone to remedy this situation, because oftentimes I miss part of the message because the volume is down. Thank you and thanks for all of your wonderful sermons !
4. Great messages - I always find a great message and it happens to be just what I needed to hear to share with others. I have been listening for more than a year in a weekly basis and I found that my love for God has grow. Faith is all about what God means for each us and the messages has helped me see things I didn’t see before in the Bible.
5. God speaks to me - I’m so thankful for this podcast, for Steven Furtick, and Elevation Church. I look forward to my commute to work on Mondays the most because I know there is encouragement, teaching, preaching, and a God word coming my way! I thank God for all who make it possible for me to hear these sermons!!
6. Very encouraging - One night a week I work overnight in retail and the work is easy but monotonous. I also work every Sunday since I follow shabbos on Saturday and rarely get a chance to attend a Sunday morning service. This podcast makes my overnight shift go so much faster. I end up leaving work more encouraged than when I arrived. The messages are often challenging (in a good way). Mostly this podcast reminds me to check my attitude and remember that I’m representing Christ even as I work overnight. I’m very thankful for the team at elevation that make this podcast possible.
7. Book, Break, Breakdown, Breakthrough? - Book (): Two years after my first divorce and into being a single mom, I was first introduced to Steven Furtick right around the time when his book was released (“Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God’s Vision for Your Life”). It was amazing and practical and I immediately applied many of the things I read to my life. Break (-): …but then for several years I stopped listening to him because he started occurring to me as someone who’d gone so mainstream, I felt put off. So I took a break from tuning in. During this time, I married my second husband () and then had a baby together (September ). Breakdown (-Present): In May , my second husband file for divorce. It was a complete and earth-shattering surprise to me. In hindsight and with counseling, I learned both marriages were of the co-defendant/enabling nature and that both were likely doomed from the start because I didn’t know I hadn’t fully healed from my childhood trauma that involved sexual a abuse. A friend encouraged me to start listening to Steven again and, while I don’t know how long the podcasts were available, a small part of me feels like “I should have never left Elevation Church, maybe my life would have gone differently, maybe I would have never fallen for the tricks and the lies from my husbands, maybe they would still love me…” Breakthrough?? (-Present): While things are still very bad between my second husband and me with regard to custody/support/divorce and while I was wrongfully fired from my job and while I’m poorer than I’ve ever been in my life, I know that the one true God of Abrahamic, Isaac, and Jacob is communicating to me personally through the people who give the talks on this podcast. I’m someone who practices where Christianity, Judaism, and Islam intersect because I could not find a live person who was just Christian or just Muslim or just Jewish who could help me. If possible, please let whomever know that these shows are really helping someone who is experiencing of faith crisis of epic proportions, so much so that she’s willing to present physically as orthodox Christian/Jewish and moderate Muslim and study ToQurBi (Torah-Qur’ān-Bible) to find answers in between the new weekly releases of this show. I also listen to Tony Evans because that podcast is available Monday-Friday. Best regards and Jesus is the Messiah…
8. Deep yet understandable sermon - I first heard Pastor Futick on a Facebook live one Sunday. I often just turn on the worship music of Elevation because my local church pastor is incredible. But he was out of town so I decided to listen to Steven one Sunday morning. Then we got the privilege to sit front row in Indianapolis at Elevation Nights. The story about The Women with the blood issue was just wow!! I wish it was here as a podcast. Now I’m enjoying going back and listening to many podcast sermons.
For more resources, including articles, The Briefing, Thinking in Public, and archived editions of his nationally-syndicated radio show, The Albert Mohler Program, be sure to visit albertmohler.com.
Release date: 2023-03-03 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. // - Dr. Mohler, I listen to your podcast every morning and enjoy them very much. I must say that regarding today’s podcast I had a disagreement with you regarding President Biden. You praised him for his bravery in appearing in Ukraine. If you would watch his appearance with the Ukrainian president while they are walking on the tarmac, and listen to the sirens goes off, they don’t seem to be at all concerned. A reporter mentioned that there have been no sirens within the past several weeks and it just happened that at the time that President Biden, and the Ukrainian president we’re walking across the tarmac it went off. I believe this was all politically charged and staged, which is common for President Biden to do.
2. Too wordy for my taste - I liked a lot of what I heard Al say, but I wish he would ditch his fluffy rhetoric and have a more succinct approach to covering stories. Maybe others will like this show for how verbose Al is; he gives you plenty of time to soak up his argument while he methodically builds it out. For me personally, the delivery was too elaborate and repetitive to listen to without beginning to get frustrated.
3. He makes me feel more confident in my faith - Dr. M seriously helps me think about world view issues critically. I feel more confident in my own faith because he talks through so many hard-to-talk-about issues. There have been so many times where I’ve been able to reference the Briefing during my weekly community group meeting with fellow believers. When my pastor occasionally references him, it makes me so excited to know who he’s talking about!
4. The Briefing in Review - I am not a member of the Southern Baptist community but I listen to Mr. Mohler’s podcast every day. I enjoy the insight to the subjects he chooses. I know it’s important but I glaze over on some of the lgbtq briefs. While I agree with his perspective I can’t listen to that part as intently. That said I do not know of any other podcast that is as straight forward and Biblically insightful. The world needs this kind of insight and truthfulness. Hang in there Mr. Mohler! Keep going for Jesus and as a representative of His Church. Thank You for your service in the army of the Lord.
5. Always informative! - I’ve always liked listening to Dr. Mohler do the podcast! On the October episode, in the last story, he talked about an incident in Gastonia, North Carolina! It was highly entertaining! He even pronounced “Gastonia“ properly! Not many people do that! I once heard Dr. James Dobson call it “G’stonia!” Keep up the great work!
6. An Education in Christian Worldview and Politics - For years I had been apathetic and jaded about the news, media, and politics. The tumults of convinced me that I needed to start paying attention to the public square in the USA and to exercise my responsibility as a Christian to vote and take ownership of our democratic form of government here.
Having been disengaged for my entire life, I didn’t know where to start. A friend suggested the Briefing. Since that time I have listened to every single episode of this podcast. I am always impressed both by Mohler’s breadth and depth of learning and thinking. It is encouraging and inspiring to hear this courageous and intelligent voice for the biblical truth being rightfully applied to the public square
7. Consistently Commenting “on the News” - Although some conservatives who follow this podcast criticize Dr. Mohler for avoiding some theological issues and political specialty areas, I have noted that he does address them when the articles or television news address them. If my local school board is dealing with an issue, it may not make “the news” nationally. I like the focus on the news—not the pet topic of political activists.
8. The Voice of our Time - Thank GOD for Albert Mohler’s voice, divinely inspired no doubt. In a time of deep spiritual darkness and mainstream confusion, his voice brings balance, truth, and the hope of our Lord on a daily basis. We are so thankful for such a committed Christ follower to use his critical thinking and share it with the rest of us who are trying to be critical thinkers in contrast to the masses who are blindly following such destructive leftist ideologies. We are praying for you, sir, in never growing weary of the Lord’s work. Thank you for your service.
Classic sermons by Tim Keller, Pastor Emeritus of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City and NY Times best-selling author of "The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism." For the latest sermons and additional resources, please visit https://www.GospelinLife.com
Release date: 2023-03-06 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Tim Keller’s pastoral experience and knowledge of the Bible - I’ve listened to a great many of Tim Keller’s podcasts and almost always walk away having learned something new or been challenged, comforted, or reminded of God’s eternal love for me. Thank you to everyone involved in providing access to these podcasts. I wish there were a library of all of them to be accessed.
2. The discussions on Proverbs - I am thrilled that Keller’s podcasts are again available He is so wise and his insights are brilliant Keep ‘em coming
I share these podcasts with people of different generations in their s s and s. We need to be thinking and praying and having the attitude of being Jesus as servants in this world I’m excited for the end to come but we all have a lot of work to do in the meantime
3. The core of our humanity - At the core of every person is a desire to be appreciated, to be admired, and to have an impactful life. We all want to belong to a vibrant community where we are accepted and have a great name. God is no different. He wants to be praised for who He is; He wants to have a great name in a vibrant community of love. It is only when we understand the purity of God‘s goodness, His desire to prosper us, and His power/ability to give us everything we need to have a significant life, can we trust Him to establish us and become fully alive to Him and His creation. Tim Keller does a masterful job in revealing God’s holy character and in showing our need to be united in a relationship of love with Him.
4. The Gospel Changes Everything - . . . Including me. I witnessed Tim Keller’s sermon in NYC many years ago at Redeemer. His words, his truths about the Bible and Jesus hit me so hard I burst out in tears. I would love to say that since that moment years ago, I lived a righteous life, but that would be a lie. Slowly slowly through community and learning more from Tim Keller, my heart changed and then my life followed. I listen to this podcast because it is Truth. You know deep inside when you hear it. The messages resonate deep into your soul. Change does not come like a lighten bolt. Understanding, inspiration all those happen in an instant. But real change, lasting change, comes through monotonous discipline. I consider listening to these podcasts as part of my Christian discipline. Thank you Tim Keller for your work in bringing truth to light.
5. The Holy Spirit teachings - Tim Keller has always been a “go to” Pastor and Teacher for me in my learning walk as a reformed Christian. He truly teaches in depth the passages of scripture, not just a glossing over. His latest podcast teaching on The Holy Spirit is wonderful and very meaningful, so important to understand and believe in the importance of The Holy Spirit. It is key! So many Pastor/Teachers don’t teach this. Thank you Pastor Keller and especially I thank God for teachers of God’s True Word like Pastor Keller. May God continue to bless your ministry.
6. The Gospel changes everything - I thank God for brother Keller. He has brought such clarity to me. He is a teacher of scripture and that is everything to me. There is the presence of discipleship. What I love is that he teaches the scriptures. His sermons are from a book in the Bible and then correlated to present day. If you want to know and understand the scripture then you have come to the right place. Thank you for your ministry, it has been life saving.
7. I Always Learn Something - I don’t always listen to sermon podcasts, but when I do I put Keller at the top of the list. He’s grounded in Scripture, planted in the real world, and teaches with the gravity of someone who cares about what he’s reading as well as the people he’s speaking to. I’m always encouraged, and challenged about how I approach the Bible and others.
8. Amazing - I pray almost daily for a prolonged blessed life for Tim Keller. He is my FAVORITE preacher and I can’t get enough of his sermons. I take endless notes on each one. I often find preachers are too theological that they lose me or too charismatic and encouraging that their message is like a self help speech with some verses thrown in but I find it hard to find speakers that touch deep into the theology and then explain it SO WELL in terms of applying to our daily life. Tim Keller does this so well. I love, love, love listening to these messages and am so blessed by them.
Join Annie F. Downs as she guides you through a monthly reading of the Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Because these books share the stories of Jesus’ life and ministry on earth, this show is a chance to get to know Jesus in new ways through the voice of your friend Annie and in just 3 chapters a day.
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Loving this! - I started in Jan , and am loving this daily practice! Some days I follow along in my Bible, other days I listen while I get ready or drive to work. And some days, I turn it on while I’m still in bed, and just let the gospels wash over me before I even get up. Thank you, Annie & team, for bringing this very meaningful practice to life, & to so many of us!! May God bless you richly!
2. Deeply impactful - Loving this year with Jesus in the gospel and having the option of listening to Annie read it, reading along or reading it myself. Hearing these stories back-to-back really highlights those differences in the details the authors chose to write about. Learning new things every month, even as a lifelong Bible reader. Thanks, Annie & team!
3. Life changing - I can’t wait each day to listen to the Gospels…Annie and her team produce such a great podcast!!!! (Watching the Chosen along with has been so impactful). Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing something that was so impactful for you with us…plus, wow, you read it with such eloquence.
4. An Energizing Listen - Let’s Read the Gospels is a game changer. Reading chapters a day makes for a powerful start to my mornings. I’ve noticed details that I had previously missed. Hearing the accounts of Jesus in succession, and through the eyes of four different authors, has brought the Gospels to life in a new way.
5. Thankful for the gift of this podcast! - I’ve been listening to the gospels though this podcast on my commute to work every day! This podcast/plan could easily take the place of my daily time spent with Christ, but I have so enjoyed it as an addition to my morning. So much better than the auto voice found on the bible app. I have loved hearing the gospels for the last few months and look forward to the rest of the year being filled with stories of the life of Jesus!
6. I can’t wait to get to my chair every morning! - For the first time in a LONG time, I’m excited to read my Bible. As soon as my eyes open, I start wondering what God will teach me today as I listen. Annie’s voice reading is so comforting and I’m learning so much. Thanks so much for your efforts in this, Annie and team. What you’re doing matters.
7. Look forward to starting my day in the Gospels with Annie - I love this podcast! The blessings of hearing and reading the gospels everyday. Annie F Downs reads with such enthusiasm I feel like I’m there she truly has a gift of communicating God’s Holy Word in an engaging and joyful way! Do yourself a huge favor join this podcast! Can’t wait to hear the gospel in chronological order!
8. Read the Gospels - I am throughly enjoying this podcast! I love to hear Annie read the scriptures, and I like to follow along with her in my Bible. This is the most meaningful way of studying the Bible I have found lately …just reading the words and taking them in as Annie reads. I look forward to the reading each morning!
Greg Laurie delivers compelling, practical insights on faith, culture, and current events—with an emphasis on the saving power of the gospel message. He is the founding pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship, main speaker of the Harvest Crusades, and host of the daily program, A New Beginning. For over 40 years, Pastor Greg and Harvest Ministries have been committed to knowing God and making Him known. Learn more at https://harvest.org/.
Release date: 2023-03-05 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. The message - I came to Christ listening to pastor Greg Laurie I didn’t understand how to surrender to Christ and one day he was talking about it on the radio and I was at work . I drive for a living so there I was on my knees confessings my sins to God and allowing Him to take over my life . That was the day I felt whole (complete ) God is so amazing.
2. Thankful - Dear Pastor Greg, I love to listen to your podcasts, I learn so much! And your style of delivering The Good News is light hearted and fun. However I know when you are being very serious. You definitely take your responsibility to all of us very seriously. Thank you so much for not only what you do, but how you do it, with love and humor. And by the way I have watched and listened for a number of years and your jokes never get old! God bless you
3. Backslider - God has never left my side, even when it appeared outwardly that I wasn’t living in the word of Christ. I would call out to God in times of need and silent otherwise. For many year's I did not live within Gods words, until I found Pastor Greg. The verbal talent God gave Greg draws listeners into the word of God. Pastor Greg has helped me find my way back home. Glory be to God, in the name of Jesus, Amen
4. Close… but not good enough - Sadly, Greg Laurie (at one time in my christian walk) was an inspiration and a favored teacher of mine along the way. In the recent years (covid) I began to notice some cracks appearing within his interpretation of scripture as it relates to ‘the world’. I hoped in the back of my mind, that it was me and convinced myself it was due to my infantile understanding of scripture. Bottom line, with the release of his latest book “Lennon, Dylan, Alice & Jesus”… there sadly isn’t much left to question. Greg Laurie has it seriously wrong and now his influence can no longer be supported. It’s time for all believers to embrace him in our prayers and ask God to please clear his confusion and grant him biblical clarity. Yours in Christ
5. Hope - I’ve heard it said something like a person could live forty days without food, three days without water, and maybe minutes without air, I think? But a person can only live second without hope? The things Pastor Greg teaches from the Bible show me the hope of living for Jesus Christ each and every day.
6. Gifted teacher - Down to earth, bible teaching without fear of the unpleasant subjects being broached. Refreshing. It’s ruined with the constant reminder of that fact every time an announcer comes on asking to let you know how great you are. Gods great, you’re not. He can use anyone to tell His story… but He is using you… don’t muddy it up.
It’s ruined every time you ask for money. Should you be paid? Why not exercise the faith you teach and let God handle your finances ? If you tithe your % the Bible promises you’ll be rewarded fold… live it. Or it’s a lie.
The constant affirmation need and begging is ugly, it may add you to the list of fakes… which is a shame, because your biblical message is not and the Spirit who gives you your gifts is most definitely not.
7. Means girl - I went too his church. Back. When I was a child. In the. s. Loved. Being able too listen too him again. Back then I didn’t. Get it. I have been. Back sliding. My hole life. As a Christian . But. Listening. Too him again. Brings. . Hope. And is. Helping me too. Come back and grow. Listening too. Greg. Is giving me the tools. On how too be a better Christian. Am so glad. That you can. Listen. Too it on your phone. Well at work. And I do thank you. And god bless you.
8. Simple and profound - Hello! I am writing from Caracas-Venezuela, I am also a podcaster here on Apple. I have been listening to pastor Greg Laurie. He messages are simple and the same time profound, the same way Jesus was in His ministry here on Earth. Pastor Laurie’s messages are very comforting and educational for me.
Tara Brach, Ph.D is an internationally known meditation teacher and author of bestselling Radical Acceptance and True Refuge. Tara shares a weekly guided meditation and talk that blend Western psychology and Eastern spiritual practices. The podcast addresses the value of mindfulness meditation and self-compassion in relieving emotional suffering, serving spiritual awakening and bringing healing to our world.
Release date: 2023-03-02 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism
1. Wisdom & clarity - I have been listening to Tara for about years & have gained so much clarity & strength from her teachings. I was frozen in anxiety & completely lost & Tara was a lifeline for me. I feel like her words & insight saved my life. She has touched so many lives & lifted so many people up to a higher consciousness. I feel like we have Tara to thank for All the radical love & acceptance that we are seeing in books & culture today. What an absolute brilliant & enlightened being. Thank you Tara, your words have made all the difference & I am forever grateful.
2. My refuge - This podcast has been a true companion to me. It is so down to earth yet so spiritual. It is so grounding and calming to me and for that I am grateful. She is so relatable yet so wise. She has taught me a lot about meditation and Buddhist philosophy but I love how she mixes it with everyday type of storytelling, humor, metaphors, and anecdotes. It is a phenomenal mixture. I feel like she truly values and integrates all of her knowledge from all experiences, texts, and lessons that she has come in contact with. It creates such a very interesting and unique depth and width. I would like for it not to include as much refer to political events (even if those are important) as I think that tends to activiate everyone (myself included) and I have plenty of that already. I love the body practices and really looking at the body, mind, and spirit. Thank you!
3. This is how I developed a consistent meditation practice!!!! - After years of sporadic meditation, I found this podcast and day after day I come and meditate with Tara! It’s been months now and I wake up looking forward to my practice. She is even become a gentle caring voice in my head now. I am so blessed to have found her.
4. Changed my life - This podcast has changed my life. I found it at a time I was hurting profoundly. I jumped right in SK i didn’t fully understand the references at first. But Tara’s voice is warm and welcoming and I kept coming back. And I’m so unfriendly glad I did. The spiritual, science, psychology and storytelling blend has helped open so many gateways of the heart for me. I’m not sure how I would have gotten through this year without this podcast.
5. life changing wisdom! - Tara Brach’s podcast has shown me how to live fully in the present, and with great joy and equanimity. Every single episode is packed full of inspiring wisdom-she is the real deal and speaks only from her beautiful wise, heart. I keep copious notes of her teachings-and often refer to them when I am in a tough spot. My life has improved a great deal-just by listening and absorbing the wealth of wisdom she has to offer. Tara-thank you for the generous gift of this podcast-my life experience is richer as a result.
6. Hope via Love in action - November , podcast, love in action, love and awareness, transcending political disharmony. Thank you Tara, for talking about Edith Eger,, Victor Frankel, Martin Luther King, Margaret Mead, Ticht Nhat Hanh, and others. This is the message that the world needs to hear, that we can have hope and love and bring the world to a higher awareness, transcending petty political perceived differences. This resonates with the reason that when I am awakened around : AM nearly every morning, I send out peace love and healing to our world and the universe. We need more positivity and unity. Less polarization. As a student of stoicism, Buddhism, I am optimistic that this world can and will be better.Thank you again Tara . Momento Mori, Amor fati
7. Straight from the soul. Head and shoulders above and beyond the other meditation podcasts. - No clever or New Age musical signature, or commercial ‘color’ voice of introduction, or psycho speak, or pop ego imposing its imprint. Only a beautiful real voice inviting connection from soul to soul. Brava.
8. Thank You! - Tara’s work has helped me immensely. This is not only the most soothing podcast in existence, it actually gives you simple tools to use every day in one’s pursuit of mindfulness and mental health. Tara also breaks down heady concepts in a funny and accessible way. I had lapsed in my own Buddhist practice and she got me engaged again! Cannot say enough good things about this podcast!
Jennie Allen is the 2x New York Times bestselling author of 'Find Your People' and 'Get Out Of Your Head'. She is also the founder and visionary of IF:Gathering. She is a passionate leader following God's call on her life to catalyze a generation to live what they believe. Jennie has a Masters in Biblical Studies from Dallas Theological Seminary and lives in Dallas, Texas, with her husband, Zac, and their four children. ________ SHORT. FUN. TRUTH. REAL CONVERSATION ABOUT THE STRUGGLES WE ARE FA...
Release date: 2023-02-28 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. Wanna talk about it? - I absolutely love this podcast. I’ve been struggling and in a dark space for a while now and I picked up her book “Get out of your Head” on my sisters recommendation. Then I started listening to this podcast. I won’t lie - it’s been huge. It gives me hope and reminds me of my purpose! It fills me up and encourages me! If anyone wants to talk about it - would love to connect!
2. I love this podcast! - I listen to this podcast every week and I LOVE it! I don’t think there’s been one episode that hasn’t challenged me and brought me to tears. I have gained so many wonderful insights and have even shared it with my friends and my college-age daughters. Thank you for this wonderful inspiration!!!
3. Real lovely gospel driven - I believe Jennie Allen’s purpose and mission has always been a gospel shared, she speaks toward us fulfilling this call and reaching the next generation. This podcast will encourage you to flesh out this calling. Listening to Jennie’s words pushes me forward. I love her and the intentionality that drives her.
4. Love this Show - I have loved Jennie since I started doing IF at our church - years ago. I have always enjoyed the show but the last few years about community and health have really struck a chord with me. I encourage you to give this show a try and really listen to how GOD is using Jenny and her guest to speak to us.
5. Finally… - I am one of those listeners who has listened to episodes, at times/seasons binged episodes (even seasons), and has not left a rating or review even though I hear the encouragement to do so on every.single.podcast. The messages and conversations are timely. I have laughed and cried. Thank you for your ministry, Jennie and team. I am a life that has been changed because of your saying “yes” to the Lord.
6. Thank you! - I’m a year old woman who loves Jesus and works at walking after Him. I’m a wife of years living with a deeply depressed husband, mother of and grandmother of . My quiver is so full, I am blessed. Your podcasts so minister to my heart, especially the focus of these past months. Everytime I draw further insights and often others whom I know are struggling with various trials and your messages lead me to pray for them and often share your podcast. May God continue to guard and guide you, use you for His greater glory and your deeper joy. Thank you Jennie!
7. My nd favorite way to start the day - Only because listening to my daily dwell message is my first. Every morning on my drive to work, I listen to the dwell app and then to Made for this. This has truly been a life changing podcast for me. I have really been struggling with anxiety and just feel lost and that I have no control over my life and this podcast has allowed me to find better ways to respond to my anxiety. I have been seeking help and leaning on god and it just seems like every day there’s a message that god has sent my way. I’m beyond thankful for the wisdom that god speaks through Jennie and that she spreads it to wherever she can.
8. I no longer feel alone! - Listening to Chloe’s message a few weeks ago was the FIRST time I have felt like I am not alone in my journey with a newly diagnosed anxiety disorder. I was in tears of RELIEF as I listened to her vulnerability. My story is a long one, but so unbelievably similar to Chloe’s, and over the past weeks I have been desperately praying that God would send a person my way to encourage me while I’m navigating anxiety with medicine for the first time in my years of life. Thankfully, I have a large community of women praying me through this difficult season, but none who I could relate to as far as the going on anti-anxiety med and all the side effects/ trial and error along the way..After listening to this episode I could not wait to tell my husband, “I’m NOT alone babe!!” Which I shouted with relief when I pulled into the driveway with a huge smile on my face. I told him all about Chloe’s story and I could see the relief in his expression just as I had. Not only did she encourage me, but my husband as he has been my biggest supporter through this. Today I listened to Jennies husband share his testimony on his depression struggle and again, I felt such relief in listening to his story. I needed to hear the depth of his journey so that I could be reminded to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and that this will not last forever!! Thank you Mr. Allen for sharing your heart! Keep these REAL and RAW testimonies coming ladies!
Podcast by Emily Freeman & David Butler
Release date: 2023-02-27
1. - Emily—-I taught Seminary to your your daughter in law Maria in her junior year. The Fuller family lived in our ward in Sammamish Wa for a couple of years. I just put two and two together between you and Caleb when you showed the picture of the tandem bike with Maria and Caleb on it. I think she liked me Barb Quinton
2. - I love the these two! Thank you for keeping it REAL! One thing though I would love even move if we had access to lol the podcasts from the beginning. BOM, D&C and all the rest of them to follow. I have ahead injure and it’s hard to maintain if I can’t listen often with my study. I hope you’ll start making your YouTube sessions in DVD Sets! I’d love to add them to my library! Thank you again!
3. Love this podcast! - I look forward to listening or watching David and Emily each week. I always come away uplifted and with new things to ponder. If there was anything I could suggest to make this a % rather than % would be to use the phrases “your story” and “lean into” a bit less. I’m not sure why this grates on me, since the phrases make perfect sense. I love you both! Thank you for providing us with this great service!!!!
4. Thank you Emily and David! - I have learned so much from listening to this amazing podcast! It has become a staple every week in my scripture study. I love your insights and down to Earth teaching methods. You make me laugh out loud almost every week with your fun humor. The Old Testament especially has come alive for me this year and I feel like my testimony of Christ and His love for us has grown immensely! The theme for me this year is Jesus Christ our Savior will Never give up on us no matter what!! And boy did I need that extra testimony with kids going into adulthood and making choices I’ve struggled with. It gives me so much hope even in my times of tears! Depending on how I’m feeling at the time I turn the podcast on, the music either makes me joyful and want to dance or gives my soul peace and hope. Both are wonderful! Don’t ever change the music . Thank you all for your efforts and time and blessing this world with more Light and Love! May the Lord bless you and your families!
5. Light Filled - The most uplifting content you could add to your spiritual study or ANY study on self improvement, wisdom, gratitude, hope... I’ve never experienced a class or a teacher that preaches with such a combination of grace and power. I have notebooks full of beautiful quotes and insights and a heart full of love because of the constant, gentle teachings I’ve gained from this podcast. I wish David and Emily were my best friends so I could talk to them every day about all the things! Thank you thank you for sharing this with the world.
6. Wonderful! - I love this podcast so much! Listening has strengthened my relationship with Jesus and inspires me each week. I also have absolutely zero problem with them advertising their products. They spend SO much time preparing to teach, and this is part of their livelihood. I am more than happy to support them in all of their efforts.
7. This podcast has changed my life - I found David and Emily during the pandemic and they helped me so much with the way I read my scriptures and taught me how to strengthen my relationship with my Savior and God. Thank you for all the work you do- it is changing lives for the better. I will never be able to thank you enough.
8. Adding light and goodness - I absolutely love this podcast! I learn so much and feel the spirit as I listen. It also really helps me with preparing to teach my Sunday school classes. The only thing I wish would change is all the advertisements at the beginning. I’ve started just skipping the first seconds to min of the podcasts just to avoid the advertisement of products. Thank you for adding some goodness and light to the world!!
A podcast curated to display the true meaning of living a “Soft Life” through the creator of life!
Release date: 2023-02-06
1. Podcast - So I want to start off by saying, when I saw this podcast pop up on my tik tok page, I was instantly attracted to it and I immediately followed them on IG and downloaded it on my Apple Podcast. I anticipated to listen to this while I was in the gym but I decided to listen to it on my drive home which is a / minute drive. While listening to this podcast I am honestly disgusting how both of this sisters/friends however they are to one another. I am in the process of getting into my spiritual journey of getting closer to God. This podcast came off very much arrogant, selfish, condescending. I can go on and on but her using the term so much “ghetto” what was your reasoning on saying that for. I don’t know if I am saying the right quote or phrase she said but she said anything that has nothing to do with God is ghetto. This podcast came off of as “sign up for my women’s workshop”. I listen to about mins of the podcast to give it a chance. I feel like you two ladies need to figure how to do a podcast but it didn’t come off as a podcast it came off as “I am better then you”. This podcast was the biggest turn off ever. I feel so ashamed to say this but I would rather had listen to a Kevin Samuels podcast then this podcast you two ladies have. Please reevaluate your podcast honestly
2. Beautiful Testimony - Thank you for sharing this. I came across you in YouTube. This literally gave me chills. I am on my spiritual journey after walking away from my job that I idolized. I am now a stay at home mom spending more time with my family and free to seek God without restrictions. Keep sharing this has truly blessed my soul this morning. I am forever grateful. I saved this episode. God bless you and your family. Soulcare matters
3. Thank you God - I happen to stumbled across this podcast on instagram and started listening today. When I say this podcast is EVERYTHING! God will allow you to stumble along things for various reasons. It’s so refreshing and beautiful to hear these Queens talking about God as well as their journey. We all need God not just when you need something but everyday!! Look forward to the next episodes and seasons.
4. Raw, crisp and honest. - Hungry to learn and become closer to God. My search led me to this podcast. Original material, up to date and refreshing. FAITH, these girls are driven by faith. It’s humbling to hear their story and how they persevere with God in the center. Pioneers seeking the path God has chosen for them.
5. Love Love Love! - I’ve been a subscriber of Raniya’s YouTube Channel since her senior year in high school, and I loved her and everyone around her every since. She is so inspirational, gifted in so many ways , she is bold for God , dedicated, and I love that her and her beautiful sister has made a Podcast to encourage more people come to Christ. I Love it !!
6. All Glory To God! - This episode was amazing & for this to be the first one I am so ready for what’s going to be in store. You ladies are a force to be reckoned with. You ladies are powerful and are going to inspire so many people like myself to build that strong connection with God himself. This was such a raw & beautiful story thank you so much for sharing this with us! Can’t wait for the next episode OMG!
7. Thank you - From Cece - I just want to say how inspirational this testimony was. Just listening to it gave me chills and tears because I had an experience like this myself. Never thought I would experience something like that but til this day sometimes I find it hard that I even experienced it. And just trying to find my way back to Christ was like challenging, because just because your saved doesn’t mean the enemy will stop attacking you. He’ll attack anything. I pray you guys continue to grow in Christ . Continue to share this light with us especially since you guys are like in the age bracket of young females and males. You seen what was out there and now you are experiencing and living in the light. Father thank you!
8. Deliverance - I was watching people story on Instagram and came across Radijah page promoting this podcast and was that’s different but went on to proceed to watch other people story. It was then maybe minutes later I felt sick after feeling wonderful all day so I took some medicine and went to sleep. I soon jumped out my sleep in pain and it felt like someone was literally pounding my head I took some more medication but couldn’t fall back to sleep. At this time it’s maybe :am so since I couldn’t go back to sleep I decided to go on TikTok as I was scrolling all I seen was people deliverance story back to back it seemed like.Every video had the song If I could Have Anything playing it the song felt like it touched my spirit I burst out In tears ! I then played the song for myself and as I was listening I couldn’t stop myself from shaking and crying and telling God I am ready I’m ready to be his child again I’m ready to give up my old self to become my new self. He then had me come back to Radijah page and go listen to you guys podcast and I was listening it made me feel like he listened to me and he was telling me that it’s time and that he ready for me. He ready for me to be delivered and to be with him once again . I want to say THANK YOU for telling you guys story it touched me so much . KEEP TELLING YALL STORY you might not know it but just by telling it you have lead someone back into the path of Christ and I thank you!
The Basement is the safest place on the planet. We encourage people to come down from the desired high-rise to The Basement. We get real, vulnerable, & honest. This is a space where I want to provide mentorship, & also speak with those of influence. WELCOME TO THE BASEMENT.
Release date: 2023-02-22 Genre:Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
1. % recommend to anyone walking with Jesus. - Thank you so much for the time and raw, utter honesty. I found some of your reels on Instagram and looked you up on Apple Podcasts and holy crap - I just want to shout the truth as you share it to everyone around me. I’m more of a “sheep” and follower by nature and I need loving admonishment like Tim’s. Thank you!
2. Love it! Bring Black Single Moms in to the convo:-) - I love the pod!!! The vulnerability and vast content is refreshing. I also am a self proclaimed Transformation Nation member so I loved this last one with Pastor Charles. I do have a caveat about the historical nature of the Bible would love for y’all to finally find my form (look for starparentsinc). Definitely want to expand on the idea of the Body and diversity that Yahweh is moving towards. Especially as Believers from this current concepts.
3. The Basement is a Vessel for Gods Truth - Just wanted to give y’all some words of affirmation. I’m a school teacher and younglife leader in a small Ohio town. To have access to Tim’s amazing wisdom all the way across the country is so awesome. I’ve recently start working my way through from episode after a friend recommended me this podcast. I was hesitant at first but it truly was a gift from God to start into this series. I finished season episode and heard the struggles that Tim was dealing with after dropping this podcast. I never comment but God was calling me to show some appreciation to a guy that helped me finally submit all parts of my life to God and coming clean to my wife about a lot of addictions that have burdened me for years and years. I just want to say Tim, this podcast is God’s work. He is using you as a vessel to show people what real Christianity looks like. You are so real and genuine. You helped me realize that God can’t help you free from a sin if you keep it a secret to those that are close to you. I’m going to fill out the google forum, I would love to make a trip down and talk to you in person sometime, but for now this comment will have to do. Thank you Tim. Whenever you are feeling that fear I just want you to know that this podcast has helped me so much in my walk with the lord, my relationship with my wife, and the way I go about teaching in the classroom and at youth group. Thank you for all you do!
4. (UNTIL) Seen reel after reel never went to the pod cast - I came to the pod because I had seen so many reels but when it’s started to Pune in my heart to be truthful no matter what I’m saying (even the smallest stuff) which I struggled with and of course I want my relationship with God to be so close and affectionate that I can’t imagine how that would feel and be like but I can’t wait for it. I just wanna fly to you and talk to you. I have so many questions to ask for help and guidance! Like you said in one of them, your helping all but mainly focused on the weaker sheep. Much love brother! Your friend Kody John Koch
5. So real and so right! - I really appreciate the biblical truths, the topical wisdom, and the mentorship aspect of this podcast. Just gem after gem. I have re-listened to the same podcast several times just trying to right now some of the key takeaways and quotes if you’re looking to go to the next level got a listen.
6. This podcast is reshaping my life! - Tim Ross stepping down as a lead pastor literally might have been the best decision he's ever made! This podcast has made me take a look in the mirror and reevaluate my lifestyle and how I go about leading my family. I first heard of him when he preached his "Help I'm Horny" sermon at TC and I immediately followed him in IG. Once I found out he had a podcast it was up from there bc I feel like he drops so many more gems when he's able to talk freely. He's a man of integrity and whatever this man is a part of I support %. S/O to Hector and Sam as well they are a great addition to the show. TheBasement
7. Truth Spoken Here! - I first heard Tim Ross at my church in Amarillo, Tx years ago. Every since then I’ve followed his Embassy City podcast and watch online as a Vitamin E family member. The Basement is a just a natural progression to going to the next level! Truth is spoken here! Thank you, Tim, for being real, honest, and obedient to the call!
8. Awesome podcast - Man let me tell you my sister sent me this link from the youtube she saw last week Friday / I was hook and when I heard it was podcast too. I’ve been listening to this pod cast when I’m not working. Keep up the great talks and discussion. It’s real, honest and AMAZING. Thank you God and the Holy Spirit for putting this idea in to Tim Ross mind. Added // I’ve have listened too all the pods cast and they are so good that I even goto the YouTube channel and watch it too see everything going down. I LOVE THE BASEMENT