In The Bible in a Year podcast, Fr. Mike Schmitz walks you through the entire Bible in 365 episodes, providing commentary, reflection, and prayer along the way. Unlike any other Bible podcast, Ascension’s Bible in a Year podcast follows a reading plan inspired by The Great Adventure Bible Timeline, a ground-breaking approach to understanding salvation history developed by renowned Catholic Bible scholar Jeff Cavins. For each period in the timeline, Jeff will join Fr. Mike for a special episode...
Release date: 2023-03-25
1. new catholic - growing up, I always believed there was a god I always believed in God, because my religious grandmother always talk to us about God. We were kids and felt like we had better stuff to do. Recently just three years ago she passed, and everything after that kind of just came very slowly. It’s been about six months since I started trying to reach out to the Lord I am currently on day nine of following your readings, and I’m very much resonating with job and how he feels because that’s exactly how I always felt and how I’ve been feeling lately. I’ve been trying to reach out to God, but I’ve always felt like I wasn’t good enough to be heard by him. But following your readings has made me feel like God is speaking back to me through these readings. I don’t feel alone anymore. I pray for everybody who is going through a difficult time and know that God hasn’t left your side. It’s taking me a while to except that God is with me no matter what. Amen.
2. Best Bible Study - Fr. Mike’s explanation of the scripture helps make it accessible and inspiring. I had tried to read the Bible cover to cover before, but I would always get to a part that made me so upset that I couldn’t continue. Fr. Mike got me through these parts, explaining that these accounts are of a broken people.
3. A true gift - Reading the entire Bible seemed like a daunting task but this podcast has made it possible. It really helped me understand and develop a relationship with God and strengthen my faith. I’m going through the show for the second time and still learning so much! I have recommended it to so many people as well! Grateful for this podcast and the work everyone put into it!
4. Making my way through the Bible for the first time!!! - I feel ashamed saying this and calling my self s Christian but, this is my first time reading through the Bible from cover to cover! I love the way the Bible reading plan was laid out, keeping the plot in a continual succession, and reading prayers and words of wisdom (psalms)everyday, and closing with a reflection of mini sermon! Some of the days especially during the Old Testament there were references to Jewish culture or the language that didn’t quite come through on the translation, aspects that linguistic scholars would only know. Overall this has been great and a goal of ever day for a years breaks up the daunting task of reading the Bible with this podcast there is no excuse not to have read the Bible one, two, three…. Times. Can’t wait to start the catechism! Praying for you Father Mike, and Jeff! P.S. when can we get Bible in a year, in Spanish!?
5. Enthusiasm is Contagious - - I have learned so much this past year. Fr Mike’s excitement and enthusiasm about the Word of God is so uplifting! It makes me want to do the Bible in a Year . Thank you Fr Mike and Jeff C.
- I am back for another year. this time I bought the Great Adventure Bible, and I am following along.
My focus seems to be stronger this year. God’s blessings to all those following along with Fr Mike.
6. Great for Lent - I decided this year to listen to the Bible for Lent this year. Father Mike makes it easy and I am learning so many new things, even though I have read the Bible several times. Making me closer to God in many different ways. Reminds me of my blessings even when life is daily giving me new challenges. Thanks Father Mike. Thank you God for having this podcast land in my suggestions just in time for Lent.
7. Father Mike’s Bible in a Year: Truly Life Changing! - Father Mike takes listeners on a compelling journey that brings the Bible to life. He explains complex ideas and confusing elements in a way that makes them understandable and relatable. It is like having a personal tutor who is enthusiastic, sincere and makes learning fun! Most importantly, Father Mike emphasizes God’s enduring love for his people.
8. Lenten journey - I started on day as part of my Lenten journey. I listen every day - episodes, I hope to catch up by the end of lent. I am loving how much I am learning. I have tried once to read the Bible straight through, but reading the books together Genesis/Job; Exodus/Leviticus; Numbers/ Deuteronomy makes so much more sense. I’ve already encouraged some other friends and family to listen. I look forward to that rest of the year.
The Bible Recap
Release date: 2023-03-25
1. Bored Christian’s Game Changer - It was never a goal of mine to read the Bible in a year but this is a TOTAL game changer!! Day and I haven’t missed a single day … I actually TRULY look forward to studying my Bible thanks to this podcast the Recap reading plan. If you’re a Christian who is easily bored and don’t know where to start, this podcast is EXACTLY where you need to be!
2. Game changer - I am reading the Bible through in a year for only the second time, but doing it chronologically with the Bible Recap has brought it to life like never before! I am learning and growing with this. I am so excited to read everyday and then listen to the podcast for explanations of thing I might not have quite understood. And the “God shot” is encouraging me to look for God in what I am reading each day. Thank you - The Bible Recap is a game changer!
3. Love it! - I can’t say enough about how much I love this podcast! The daily Scripture is easy to accomplish, and the podcast helps me make sense of it all and see how it fits into the story line of the Bible. I’ve grown so much in my love for God and His Word. This is the first time I’ve been able to not only stick to a reading plan, but continually look forward to it every morning! (And I’m days in)
4. - I’ve never enjoyed to read anything for most of my life. Mainly because It was hard to understand what I just read at the pace of a snail. The Bible Recap is a game changer for understanding the word of God and I look forward to Bible Recapping every morning before starting my day. Reading the chapters for each day and then listening to the podcast while taking notes. TLC’s credibility of reading the Bible over times is noticed when realizing there’s no way I would have learned what I have, on my own. It’s obvious she is best buds with the Holy Spirit!
5. I’m so thankful for TBR!!! - This podcast along with the chronological reading plan is truly a gift. I look forward to reading the Bible and can’t wait to learn more than I’ve ever learned before. With kids years old and younger, I’ve needed something to help me grow closer to God and encourage me. For years I’ve not known how to make the Bible a part of my daily life. For me, this is it! God is good and he is blessing a whole generation of people with TBR! God bless Tara Lee Cobble and all the people who make this podcast possible and point people to Christ!
6. Reading the Bible in - I’ll confess, I started this study just reading the passages it said to everyday. One day (a month or so in) my friend told me I NEEDED to start listening to the podcast, too. I gave it a try that night after reading the scriptures assigned for that day, and I was HOOKED. I read the chapters, and then I go back in my Bible while listening to the podcast and take notes and make connections. It has changed my whole reading experience! I am much more excited to do my study each day and feel like I’m understanding better and getting more out of it. I’m so grateful to have this extra study tool to listen to to better understand the Bible and hear what God is saying to me through the passages.
7. Love this! - I’ve always been a Bible Reader, but having this accountability show up in my listening library every day is so helpful to keep me on track. I also think following this chronological plan just makes sense to a more complete understanding of the Bible. Thank you for investing so much time in this resource.
8. Hungry for God’s Word! - I have been a Christ follower from early childhood, but have never read through the whole Bible. I’ve always been intimidated especially by the O.T. books/content. However, since I started TBR plan, I can hardly wait for each day’s reading and TLC’s summary! Reading through the books chronologically with understanding from the Holy Spirit as well as Tara Lee’s support has made me hungry for more of God’s Word! Seeing Him and His Character on display, even through the harder chapters is such a blessing! Thank you so much to TBR team for all your hard work! May God’s name be glorified and the Kingdom of God grown through the ripples that go forth from those who are soaking in God’s Truth each day!
In Ascension’s The Catechism in a Year podcast, Fr. Mike Schmitz guides you through the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church in 365 episodes, providing explanation, insight, and encouragement along the way. Unlike any other Catechism podcast, The Catechism in a Year (with Fr. Mike Schmitz) podcast follows a reading plan inspired by Ascension’s Foundations of Faith approach, a color-coded approach that reveals the structure of the Catechism, making it easier to read and understand. With t...
Release date: 2023-03-25
1. Ready to Grow - After years of listening to the Bible in the Year with Father Mike - I am looking forward to walk through the catechism He has a great way of explaining the concepts Already with the pre launch sessions I am excited for the guest speakers and experts that will support the podcast I have grown leaps and bounds thanks to Father Mike”s podcasts and talks and think the catechism will help take me to a whole new level
2. Episode question - I am learning a lot from following catechism in the year. However, this episode referred to the presentation in the temple. I recently heard a meditation that said the offering of the turtle doves was for Mary’s purification. The meditation said that they did not offer the lamb for their first born, Jesus, because Jesus himself would be the Lamb that was sacrificed. This is different than what Father Mike said. I wonder where I am misunderstanding the actual happenings during the presentation.
3. Very well done - I had read paragraphs of the Catechism and tried once to read it in full and failed. Father Mike’s audio version is a blessing. He explains concepts not easily grasped especially by a laity not formally trained in theology. Listen. It will be minutes that will be a highlight of your day.
4. What a time to be alive! - Father Mike, I cannot thank you enough for this series. I entered the Church from a background of Protestant faith years ago this Easter, and my wife and I listen to this around the house, in the car with our kids, at work, and all around. As other members of my broader family move towards the Catholic faith and often come to us with questions, it is such a blessing to have your words and the words of the Catechism always fresh in our minds. What a time to be alive, when anyone can hear such great teaching at no cost but a few minutes of attention! God bless you, Father, and everyone at Ascension, and know that you are daily in our prayers. May Our Holy Mother and St. Joseph give you insight and peace, even as they were called upon to raise and instruct Our Lord in the truths of faith; and may His Sacred Heart consume you and fill you with His undying love. In Christ,
5. Treasure - Listening to this Catechism in a year is like finding that treasure that makes me rich for a lifetime. It’s just getting better and better every single day. It’s the truth that cannot be hidden. I share it with my family and friends, even my non Catholic friend listens to it.
Thank God for the Ascension team, to Fr. Mike and Jeff Cavins for their voices and wisdom to bring truth about God easily accessible to all the people in the world. May God bless us all.
6. Easy to follow - a new insight everyday - Many Catholics know what we believe, but many do not know the why and can defend The Faith. This study of The Catechism goes through those answers. These episodes average about min in length. Easy to follow if you have or do not have a copy of the Catechism.
7. Pre-Episodes CIY - Yay! Hi all. Excited to take this journey with you all CIY family. God Bless all worldwide and here we go again;) Hope all had a blessed Thanksgiving :) Thanks so much Father Mike-eee, we love you forever, prayers galore;) Peace be with you and one and all. A Blessed Advent Season to all. Suga Suga Happy Birthday, Jesus. Momma and I are doing the CIY together this year . Yay! Here, here to the entire CIY family, blessings to all. A Blessed Lenten Season to all. May we all be blessed in unity.
8. Gift to this Catechist - Fr. Mike, As I finish Day , I am pleased with the way my heart is growing closer to Jesus by learning more about him. This is the only New Year’s Resolution I have stuck with and it is definitely the most important one. For nothing can be more important that making our souls shiny and read to grow in relationship with the LORD. I teach MS Edge at my parish this year, after taking a year break, and what I have learned is helping me pass on the faith in a new and exciting way. And not only with my Edge kids but also my daughters and husband. Thank you for your efforts and time to draw this community closer to the LORD.
Have you ever walked through trial after trial questioning how much more you can endure? Have you ever doubted how in the world God would call you to something with your broken past lurking around every corner? Have you ever just doubted God? Well sis, this might just be the podcast for you. The Bible tells us that the storms of life are inevitable in this lifetime. I’ll dare to say that when you jump into the deep end with Jesus, that’s actually where the waters get rough. But the storm...
Release date: 2023-03-22
1. Whew! Felt that! - I have been following Brittany for a few months! I found her on IG by chance, well by no chance at all! I have been moved so many times and so inspired by her story! Thank you Jesus he takes our story and uses it for His glory! They say the thief /enemy doesn’t try and steal/rob from an empty house!! DON’T STOP doing what you’re doing! These negative comments won’t stop a thing God is doing through you/this podcast! I am SO excited to listen to this podcast! I will not miss an episode!!!
2. God is USING Brittany! - God is speaking to me, and obviously others, through Brittany’s words! Trials can be so hard to walk through, but they can chisel you into the person God wants you to be! Sometimes out of the hardest things in your life, comes the most BEAUTIFUL! Way to go Brittany! Being brave & bold is hard, but the result of even impacting one person for the Kingdom of God, is an impact on eternity!
3. Do better, Brittany. - Ignoring the fact that this is a boring, poorly produced podcast, Brittany Dawn is a known scammer, grifter, and con artist. Go ahead, google her name. She is currently being sued by the state of Texas for unethical business practices. She has stolen money from hundreds of women. For her to claim she’s a good Christian is laughable. If you think you’re a good Christian, you should not be consuming this content. She has also bribed her followers with rewards if they leave her a review, which is against the Terms of Service according to Apple. Do better, Brittany.
4. False Prophet - Someone who always “does right” by God while defrauding people (allegedly to the tune of $.M) and lying is not the best person to look towards for spiritual guidance. Brittany (allegedly) rips people off (according to the State of Texas lawsuit), she has never repented or refunded money for the services these victims paid for (according to the charges against her). Just block and grift. It’s hard to take someone seriously who refuses to hold herself accountable for her actions and the harm she’s caused others. And her husband? A disgraced, former policeman who was caught on camera severely injuring a handcuffed and unarmed black man. Really, folks…these are the kinds of people you want to support? Find a better podcaster. You can get real spiritual guidance from someone who “walks the walk”. Brittany is not that person.
5. Sad - I feel bad for the people who blindly follow brittany and give her a platform. She’s lying to you all. She takes zero accountability for anything in her life and plays the victim in every story. It’s sad you people don’t see the patterns. We live in a society where we idolize the wrong people. It’s sad and scary.
6. Don’t listen to the star people - I have watched Brittany’s transformation on instagram from pre-Jesus to now, which I’d like to put it as, on fire for Jesus! If her transformation teaches you anything, it’s that Jesus loves and accepts every single one of us, no matter our past. Keep preaching, girl! Can’t wait for more episodes!
7. The IRONY - The irony that she is being sued by the state of Texas for scamming hundreds of vulnerable women (me being one of them) and is offering a painted bible and a gift card, only if you leave a star review - which totally violates Apple’s Terms and Conditions. She’s also continuing to take money from vulnerable women by hosting these expensive Christian retreats. She will literally never change and never learn which is so disappointing.
8. No - Not at all shocked that Brittany is giving away money for positive reviews here. She is a straight up scammer. Now she’s a ‘Christian’- the type that made me leave the church and never go back. It’s not hard to find out about her background- please look elsewhere for…whatever this podcast is claiming to be. She jumps into something new any time she feels some heat. Yuck. Pass.
The "WHOA That's Good" podcast welcomes you into meaningful conversations with authors, athletes, musicians, speakers, and stars of film and television in search of the answer to just one question: What is the best advice you have ever been given? Hosted by Sadie Robertson, best-selling author, founder of Live Original, and star of A&E's "Duck Dynasty" & season 19 of ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," this fun and lighthearted podcast is sure to leave you saying, "WHOA That's Good!"
Release date: 2023-03-20
1. MaddieRoseJohnson;) - When I was young I always wanted to met you and KB. And when I heard that you Sadie Robertson Huff has a podcast I got so excited I jumped up and down! I love this podcast because I was so afraid of everything, but then I just got out of that bubble.Also I watch when I was young I watch Duck Dynasty, and I said to the young Sadie I said,”I want to met you.” And PLEASE shout out to MaddieRoseJohnson.THANK YOU
2. Just what I needed - Sadie, It’s going to be hard to tell you just how impactful your podcast has been in my life, just in this little review, but I really want you to know that everything that you say and everything that your guests say have impacted me in some way. Even if it’s something that I can’t relate to in the season of life that I’m in at that moment, I hold onto it to help me with something that I struggled with in the past, or know that it will be helpful to remember in the future. But honestly, most of the time it’s always just what I needed to hear right in that moment. God is so incredible how He works like that, and I’m so thankful that He lead me to your podcast, because I’ve been able to personally grow in my faith and walk with God, because of seeing how God is radiating from you and working in you! It’s so encouraging and I’m very grateful for you and for what God is doing in your life. I know we may never meet, and it’s kind of funny to think that I feel so connected to you when you’ve never met me, but I want you to know that through your podcast and your love for God, you’ve gotten another friend and sister in Christ. :)
Thank you for everything you’re doing, I pray that God blesses you and your beautiful family beyond measure!
3. Hard - I really like Sadie Robertson, but tbh it is hard for me to comprehend what she is saying sometimes. Not her voice or her accent, (so cute!) but what she is saying. I have been a Christian my whole life and I am only so that could be part of it. I feel like I just need more solid, simple facts to understand and live by. She also always has a guest on with a “wow moment” faith story that brings them to God. Most of us haven’t had that and we need something else to help us climb. Love the episodes with Christian on it!! They are so cute together.
4. Sadie is changing lives! - Sadie! Girl you are such a light. The lord has gifted you so powerfully with wisdom and with a heart that desires to impact this generation. Your podcasts are always so encouraging to me and your words are always timely. I pray for God’s grace to continue to be your potion, and may your heart always remain hungry for more of the Lord. You are such a light. I pray for you to by God’s grace make it to heaven. You are a blessing!
5. Encouraging and moving - I was listening to Wednesdays episode on my way to work, (and this is my first experience with the podcast) and the guest was sharing a story of brushing this old man’s hair, and it moved me to tears. God was already talking to me about having a servants heart and I felt like this was right in line with that. So encouraging and I absolutely loved the whole episode. I will be listening again and again to this podcast! Sadie you do an amazing job!!
6. Thank you - your podcast has impacted my life so much and I just want to thank you for all of your podcasts I am just a years old but I have heard my sister listening to your podcasts and I don’t have any friends at school but your podcasts help me get through my day and remember everything God has done in my life.
7. AWESOME - I love love love listening to Sadie talk and all of the participants on her show. I feel like I usually learn something every time that I listen to her show. Mornings with Sadie are awesome!! Sometimes I listen throughout the day, especially if I’m having a rough day. God makes everything better!! & Sadie helps!
8. God sent me your latest episode - I usually don’t do reviews too often but I swear God is so good even at the most suffering times. Last night I was reminiscing a heartbreak of a relationship that wasn’t helping me nor serving God. I was crying my eyes out to the Lord, giving up on life itself. Today I checked this episode and simply seeing the title of Red Flags gave me a reminder why God pulled him away from me. God is so good and blessing me, reminding me I am always loved. I felt so lost last night and now I am found once again
The Basement is the safest place on the planet. We encourage people to come down from the desired high-rise to The Basement. We get real, vulnerable, & honest. This is a space where I want to provide mentorship, & also speak with those of influence. WELCOME TO THE BASEMENT.
Release date: 2023-03-22
1. Thank you. - Thank you Tim for all that you do in and out of the light. Your gifts have truly brought glory to God and I am beyond grateful for your obedience as it has served so many around the world. Your service to God and others is truly admirable and I am thankful that your gifts serve as both mentorship and therapy for anyone with ears to hear. God bless you my friend and once again thank you for helping me become a better man, friend, husband and father!
2. Has helped me along my journey of restoring my faith - Tim and his guests offer a lot of insight on topics we deal with on a daily basis. This is a podcast that people from all walks of life can relate to and understand. I love how he speaks about things that may a bit raw in relation to the church, but all discussions that need to be had. Wish I had something like this a long time ago. Keep doing your thing Tim!
3. Real Christianity - I don’t mean that as a way to say other podcasts and churches aren’t really following Jesus. I just mean I’ve never been challenged and equipped on this level. My faith is more integrated in my daily life then it ever has been before (and I’ve been following Jesus most of my life). I feel this is the blueprint for living life in this era as a devoted follower of Jesus. My faith in Jesus is more visceral and alive than it ever has been. Thank You Tim and the Basement team! Been listening weekly since the nd episode dropped.
4. % recommend to anyone walking with Jesus. - Thank you so much for the time and raw, utter honesty. I found some of your reels on Instagram and looked you up on Apple Podcasts and holy crap - I just want to shout the truth as you share it to everyone around me. I’m more of a “sheep” and follower by nature and I need loving admonishment like Tim’s. Thank you!
5. Love it! Bring Black Single Moms in to the convo:-) - I love the pod!!! The vulnerability and vast content is refreshing. I also am a self proclaimed Transformation Nation member so I loved this last one with Pastor Charles. I do have a caveat about the historical nature of the Bible would love for y’all to finally find my form (look for starparentsinc). Definitely want to expand on the idea of the Body and diversity that Yahweh is moving towards. Especially as Believers from this current concepts.
6. The Basement is a Vessel for Gods Truth - Just wanted to give y’all some words of affirmation. I’m a school teacher and younglife leader in a small Ohio town. To have access to Tim’s amazing wisdom all the way across the country is so awesome. I’ve recently start working my way through from episode after a friend recommended me this podcast. I was hesitant at first but it truly was a gift from God to start into this series. I finished season episode and heard the struggles that Tim was dealing with after dropping this podcast. I never comment but God was calling me to show some appreciation to a guy that helped me finally submit all parts of my life to God and coming clean to my wife about a lot of addictions that have burdened me for years and years. I just want to say Tim, this podcast is God’s work. He is using you as a vessel to show people what real Christianity looks like. You are so real and genuine. You helped me realize that God can’t help you free from a sin if you keep it a secret to those that are close to you. I’m going to fill out the google forum, I would love to make a trip down and talk to you in person sometime, but for now this comment will have to do. Thank you Tim. Whenever you are feeling that fear I just want you to know that this podcast has helped me so much in my walk with the lord, my relationship with my wife, and the way I go about teaching in the classroom and at youth group. Thank you for all you do!
7. (UNTIL) Seen reel after reel never went to the pod cast - I came to the pod because I had seen so many reels but when it’s started to Pune in my heart to be truthful no matter what I’m saying (even the smallest stuff) which I struggled with and of course I want my relationship with God to be so close and affectionate that I can’t imagine how that would feel and be like but I can’t wait for it. I just wanna fly to you and talk to you. I have so many questions to ask for help and guidance! Like you said in one of them, your helping all but mainly focused on the weaker sheep. Much love brother! Your friend Kody John Koch
8. So real and so right! - I really appreciate the biblical truths, the topical wisdom, and the mentorship aspect of this podcast. Just gem after gem. I have re-listened to the same podcast several times just trying to right now some of the key takeaways and quotes if you’re looking to go to the next level got a listen.
Do you ever feel that preparing for your weekly Come, Follow Me lesson falls short? Join hosts Hank Smith and John Bytheway as they interview experts to make your study for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Come, Follow Me course not only enjoyable but original and educational. If you are looking for resources to make your study fresh, faithful, and fun--no matter your age--then join us every Wednesday morning. Show notes: https://followhim.co YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/...
Release date: 2023-03-22
1. Question - Could the calming of the sea and lack of faith that Jesus accuses them of be about the fact that the disciples waited till the very last minute and then accused Jesus of not caring about them when they never asked Him for help when it first started to get bad. Would that apply to us a little better if not asking for help in our daily prayers but then when things become too much to overcome become angry with the Lord in that he must not care about us.
2. Best Come Follow Me Resource - I have loved this podcast from its inception. Hank and John are amazing on their own, but add in the incredible guests, and there is just nothing like it!! I listen every week at least once and often read the show notes. I have taught Gospel Doctrine for years, and feel like I am just beginning to understand the material thanks to this exceptional podcast!! Well done! Please don’t ever stop!!!
3. Great Combination of Testimony and Scholarship - The hosts, Hank Smith and John Bytheway, offer their testimonies combined with well-developed scholarship regarding gospel principles found in the New Testament. Their weekly guests also offer the same. This combination of testimonies and scholarship opens the scriptures to deep understanding. I enjoy the weekly podcasts. My spirit is fed along with my intellect. I feel a renewed determination to follow Him after each podcast. Thanks for your dedication in organizing and presenting these podcasts.
4. Love it! - I love this podcast and the insights these scholars bring about the scriptures and Christ! I definitely feel like I learn and understand more as I read the scriptures and listen to this podcast! I look forward to it each week! I especially loved the episode by sister Anderson a few weeks ago! Wow, I went back and read the transcript! It was so great! Everyone should be required to listen to it! Bro Baron you had on last year was my religion professor at byui and I loved hearing from him! Keep up the excellent work!
5. Uplifting and Edifying - I absolutely love this podcast. The hosts and the guests are all so wonderful and I have learned so much. But more importantly, I have felt the love of our Savior and our Father in Heaven through these episodes in many profound ways. They have lifted me in some of my darkest moments and have helped strengthen my faith and my testimony. You are doing incredible work. Thank you thank you thank you.
6. My favorite resource - This podcast is a perfect companion to the Come, Follow Me program. It sparks great discussion within my family and we enjoy the informed perspectives of experts that are only possible after a lifetime of study! I’m glad others are willing to share the work they put in so many more people can benefit from their knowledge.
7. A powerful tool - From day one of this podcast, I have listened with complete love and appreciation for these faithful scholars who share their knowledge. I have learned so much. My only advice to the other listeners, maybe to you young listeners, is to learn from my own mistake. At first, I mistakenly use this podcast as a substitute for my own scripture study. I thought if I listened to this, then I would receive a testimony and greater knowledge via osmosis. Basically minimal effort with maximum results. It wasn’t until this year of my Come Follow Me journey that I would first read through all of the scriptures chapters, study them, make my own notes, and then listen to this podcast afterwards. Please be better than me. Do not mistake this informative and faith building podcast as a substitute to your own scripture scholarship. To quote Preseident Nelson, “The Lord loves effort!”
8. Best of the best - Wow, just wow. The number of CFM podcasts available is never ending. I feel like I’ve listened to them all but never felt “full” after listening to any of them. This podcast encapsulates everything I was looking for in a weekly study help. Other podcasts I listen to seem like they’re just trying to be funny or relatable, telling story after story, joke after joke… I’m left asking “When are you going to give me some facts?! Give me some knowledge! Break it down for me!” I feel like I get the best of both worlds here. I laugh, I cry, I enjoy some story telling, but it’s full of knowledge and scriptural insights that help me feel nourished and full of Gods word. Thank you thank you for your efforts in creating this resource. I look forward to it every week and have learned to always have my scriptures opened while listening as opposed to passively listening to it because I’m afraid I’ll miss something that I’d like to mark forever in my scriptures.
The creators of BibleProject have in-depth conversations about the Bible and theology. A companion podcast to BibleProject videos found at bibleproject.com
Release date: 2023-03-20
1. I’m always learning something new - This podcast has taught me so much about how to read the Bible as a unified story. I’ve loved the series going through the Torah and it’s given me a whole new appreciation for the first books of the Bible. In every episode, I always seem to learn something new. I’d recommend this show to anyone wanting to gain a deeper understanding of the Bible. The hosts do a fantastic job of breaking down very complex topics and themes in an interesting and easy to understand way. It really makes the Bible feel so much more approachable.
2. So enlightening - I love this podcast because it helps me to understand the gospel better. They are two cool regular guys that explain scripture without being preachy. It makes me feel like these are guys I would hang out with because they are so welcoming and friendly. Tim is so knowledgeable and Jon is also well versed. I love the conversations between them. Thanks Guys!
3. This is a great podcast for anyone wanting to learn about the Bible. - Tim and John are great at what they do. Tim has an astonishing amount of knowledge about ancient history and the text contained within the Bible. I was trying to read the Bible like books that are written in the way authors write in our present time, but that’s not how the Bible was written. They have opened my eyes to themes and patterns I never would have known about, because I can’t read (or sing) in Hebrew. They present the content in an easy-to-understand format, which is not an easy task. This is so much more than a podcast, it truly is a project. Highly suggested, and if you enjoy the podcast, check out their app and/or website. Thank you for all you do! - A brother in Christ
4. Ignited a passion for scripture - I’ve always loved history and ancient cultures, so a podcast that gets into the translation and context of the Bible piqued my interest. It’s amazing how much this has given me an appetite for reading my Bible and I’m doing so, so many truths and concepts of scripture have opened up to me.
5. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! - The Bible Project is an amazing resource to help me grasp the true meaning of Gods plan for me. I know I’m a little late to the party, but it’s better late than never! The Bible Project helps me focus and I can also learn so much from it. Thank you for all you do Tim and Jon!
6. Hebrew “Bible Nerds” Wisdom for Life - Tim and Jon are amazing “Bible Nerds” from relatively conservative Anglo evangelical heritage who have broken into the Hebrew Scriptures in a deep way to reveal the major patterns and themes in the Hebrew Bible that point to Messiah Jesus. They are intellectually focused vs heart and hands focused in their discussions. If you are looking to get deeper into what the entire Bible is about, this is the pod. They are not pushing an ideology or trying to make the Hebrew Scriptures fit into their pre-conceived framework. Good for Catholics, Orthodox, Secularists, people of Jewish or Islamic heritage as well as Protestants and faith de-constructors. They stick to the text and work to interrogate their own assumptions and traditions. My only complaint is that Jon and Tim seem to have far fewer huge problems than I do and seem less concerned that the church has become corrupt than I am and everyone I know in California. They almost seem to intentionally avoid saying what these Scriptures might be saying to our own Churches and now, preferring to stick to interpreting the text and drawing us ’s into a conversation and chewing on it for ourselves. It’s like their mission is to create a global world of Bible Nerds who can reconstruct Biblical communities after the slow Apocalypse we are living through. The Church and the are on but their calling is to study the Bible and encourage others to do so vs. engage in applying their Bible insights to redeeming the world in an active way
7. Singular focus - Tim and John stick to the theme:
The Bible is a unified story that leads to Jesus. Thanks for not veering off into pet beliefs. Thanks for teaching the intimate details from the Hebrew text. As a lay person who reads his Bible, I would not have understood the depth and richness of written words and the interconnection between stories. You all enrich my walk with the Lord! Genuinely, thank you.
8. What’s different - I really wish I had the tools to understand the Bible that Tim Mackie teaches in Bible project classroom earlier. Every serious believer should check out How to read your Bible in Tim Mackies classroom series before giving up and chucking your Bible. He speaks to the narrative, patterns , repetition and the scrolls and the people of the times and how they put the tanak together. It’s a real eye opener . Thanks Tim .
The Duck Commander and his family are unashamed of their Christian faith and want to share the Gospel with everyone, from new believers to longtime followers of Jesus. Phil, Al, Jase, Zach, and their special guests go beyond the four walls of the church to share God's Word and study the Bible with you. So pour a glass of tea, and experience fun and inspiring stories of faith and family, straight from West Monroe, Louisiana.
Release date: 2023-03-22
1. My Favorite Podcast - I am a military chaplain’s wife and mother of eight! I listen to this podcast everyday when I go on my walks. I am all caught up now so I have to re-listen to old episodes on off days! I love how down to earth the guys are and how rich the scripture teaching! I always end listening feeling so loved by Jesus and validated in my faith and life. Thank you Alan, Phil and Jase for encouraging me every day! Miss your TV show but this is even better!
2. Evict Zach - I used to love this podcast. Now I can’t even get through minutes when Zach starts to speak it makes me cringe, guys. I know he’s family and stuff, but he’s not good at podcasts. PLEASE GET RID OF EM! I listen to this for Phil mostly I know he’s getting up in years and has said just about all he can say but good lord, who the heck is Zach dasher? And who the heck cares.
3. Praise the Lord - Your awesome podcast is encouraging. I love it how deep you go into the words but I also miss your show. Your show was a show that me and my dad watched all the get together. He's gone now for since you're now on Roku channel. I watch every episode now again, I also bought all your episodes, but again I appreciate your faith in Jesus thank you Phil Robertson, Jay, Jace Robertson, and Zach can I think you for all of you do for the Lord and I look forward to listening to more. Thanks very much.
4. Amazing Podcast - Phil, Al, Jase, family, friends and all who make this podcast possible- Thank you so much for your time that you devote to making this show. Your stories and Bible studies have drawn me deeper into God’s word more than ever before in my life. God bless you all- a local South Carolina Redneck.
5. Teach JUDGEMENT It’s Real - In case you all haven’t noticed, we are under judgment. May not see it from your cozy huts. Zach keeps teaching we have a choice. True. But teach what’s happening. GOD is in control. Not Zach. Not US. God has allowed evil because we are mamby pamby Christians comfortable in the sin around us. Rise up men! Fight. Let’s see what’ve you got.
6. Encouragement for the Soul - I stumbled across Unashamed during Covid. I would sit in my backyard enjoying in the beauty and listen to these podcasts. Unashamed was like being around the Robertson family table talking about everyday happenings and life (in a duck hunting family). But then they open God’s Word and woah!! The daily podcasts became such an encouragement in a very difficult time for Americans and people around the world. A rich experience of iron sharpening iron. Unashamed has become our go-to road-trip podcast. This episode was a particular blessing and encouragement to me. I have forwarded it to so many family members and friends with a link to Shane and Shane’s song. Thank you Robertson family! May God continue to richly bless you.
7. Muslim listener loving it - I started listening to this podcast because I was impressed with the soothing voice of Phil and trailer of Torchbearer but I am a fan now. I am a practicing muslim and although we have theological differences but I like how they focus on the base message of improving life of their listeners. Thank you!
8. Merry Christmas - Y’all are apart of my every day for the past year or so and have helped me navigate through my Bible reading. I LOVE listening to your stories and every day LIFE situations. Y’all feel like you’re a part of my family Thank you for all you do and bring to my world and others From a Southeast Texas duck hunter’s wife, Love to you all xoxo
Classic sermons by Tim Keller, Pastor Emeritus of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City and NY Times best-selling author of "The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism." For the latest sermons and additional resources, please visit https://www.GospelinLife.com
Release date: 2023-03-22
1. It’s Worth the spiritual wrestle - As someone who struggled throughout midlife with my beliefs/faith I greatly enjoyed coming back to hear Timothy Kellers arguments for the gospels. I had the privilege to live in NYC for four years and also greatly enjoyed attending Redeemer church as an outsider. Redeemers worship is as spiritually powering as is its teaching if not more in powering. As I continue to exhaust myself philosophically in regards to religious questions the simplicity of Timothy Kellers gospel message gives me fresh breath of faith and hope. It’s a worth the ongoing wrestle even if you don’t want (yet) associate to any church or have ongoing objections to Christianity.
2. Thank you and love you pastor Keller. - Dr. Keller, we are praying for your complete recovery. We are listening your sermons everyday since they are so penetrating into our heart and The word change our heart and we decided to dedicate our lives ,all to my Lord. God bless you and your family. Thank you. Bill and Sunny Hah at La.
3. Tim Keller’s pastoral experience and knowledge of the Bible - I’ve listened to a great many of Tim Keller’s podcasts and almost always walk away having learned something new or been challenged, comforted, or reminded of God’s eternal love for me. Thank you to everyone involved in providing access to these podcasts. I wish there were a library of all of them to be accessed.
4. The discussions on Proverbs - I am thrilled that Keller’s podcasts are again available He is so wise and his insights are brilliant Keep ‘em coming
I share these podcasts with people of different generations in their s s and s. We need to be thinking and praying and having the attitude of being Jesus as servants in this world I’m excited for the end to come but we all have a lot of work to do in the meantime
5. The core of our humanity - At the core of every person is a desire to be appreciated, to be admired, and to have an impactful life. We all want to belong to a vibrant community where we are accepted and have a great name. God is no different. He wants to be praised for who He is; He wants to have a great name in a vibrant community of love. It is only when we understand the purity of God‘s goodness, His desire to prosper us, and His power/ability to give us everything we need to have a significant life, can we trust Him to establish us and become fully alive to Him and His creation. Tim Keller does a masterful job in revealing God’s holy character and in showing our need to be united in a relationship of love with Him.
6. The Gospel Changes Everything - . . . Including me. I witnessed Tim Keller’s sermon in NYC many years ago at Redeemer. His words, his truths about the Bible and Jesus hit me so hard I burst out in tears. I would love to say that since that moment years ago, I lived a righteous life, but that would be a lie. Slowly slowly through community and learning more from Tim Keller, my heart changed and then my life followed. I listen to this podcast because it is Truth. You know deep inside when you hear it. The messages resonate deep into your soul. Change does not come like a lighten bolt. Understanding, inspiration all those happen in an instant. But real change, lasting change, comes through monotonous discipline. I consider listening to these podcasts as part of my Christian discipline. Thank you Tim Keller for your work in bringing truth to light.
7. The Holy Spirit teachings - Tim Keller has always been a “go to” Pastor and Teacher for me in my learning walk as a reformed Christian. He truly teaches in depth the passages of scripture, not just a glossing over. His latest podcast teaching on The Holy Spirit is wonderful and very meaningful, so important to understand and believe in the importance of The Holy Spirit. It is key! So many Pastor/Teachers don’t teach this. Thank you Pastor Keller and especially I thank God for teachers of God’s True Word like Pastor Keller. May God continue to bless your ministry.
8. The Gospel changes everything - I thank God for brother Keller. He has brought such clarity to me. He is a teacher of scripture and that is everything to me. There is the presence of discipleship. What I love is that he teaches the scriptures. His sermons are from a book in the Bible and then correlated to present day. If you want to know and understand the scripture then you have come to the right place. Thank you for your ministry, it has been life saving.
Life can be a rollercoaster. We all have good days and bad days, but I believe we are better when we go through it together! Join me and special guests for real conversations about living with kindness, class and purpose. Best known as ‘D.J Tanner’ in the hit television series “Full House” and Netflix’s “Fuller House,” and as the actor and director who takes over your television around Christmas time. Candace is also a New York Times bestselling author, entrepreneur, and CEO...
Release date: 2023-03-21
1. Got me reading the Bible! - If it wasn’t for this podcast, I would not have had a real interest in reading the Bible! I’ve always wanted to but never had a clue as to how to begin to understand it, then you had Tara-Leigh Cobble on! I don’t care for too many celebrities but you are real Candace and I appreciate that! God Bless you and your family!
2. love starting my day with CCB & TLC - this conversation is like having brunch with some besties everyday! it’s organic,beautiful, compelling & energizes me for the day to live for Jesus! i’ve learned so much and love seeing things from different perspectives to learn and grow in Christ more! i’ve started the bible recap, ordered my He Is Where the Joy Is and i cannot wait for season two!! i’ve tried so many podcasts, this one just hits home! Thank you for making the word of God such a joy!!
3. Candace radiates the joy and love of Jesus - I didn’t know that Candace had a Podcast, but I typed her name into the search bar just hoping to find something that she was a guest on. Candace’s positivity and joy is so infectious that listening to her on hard days (whether it be on television, Instagram story, etc.), just brightens my mood. There are just some people like that, and I can’t explain it other than to say that she literally radiates Jesus in a way that seems relatable as a human. I’m so looking forward to learning more about Jesus as she takes us through her Podcast episodes.
4. Love this! - I absolutely LOVE THIS PODCAST! And I love you Candace and Tara too of course but I have been watching Candace since her days as DJ on Full House!! I cannot get enough of this podcast and your wonderful conversations about Jesus our Savior! I love him and he is just awesome and amazing! Keep doing what you’re doing spreading his word and I went and got Tara’s bible study “he is where the joy is” and I cannot wait to get it!!!
5. Inspiring - Absolutely love this podcast! Can’t wait for the next season. I have also started the Bible Recap. I have a renewed desire to seek out and spend more time with God and in his word. I don’t think there are coincidences. This just came at the right time for me. Maybe that’s The Holy Spirit!
6. Encouraging and Truth - I am loving this podcast. I love to hear two women talk about the Bible and the Lord. They are open and honest and I am looking forward to listening to this every week for encouragement and to learn more about God and His Word! I enjoyed your transparency Candace about marriage in the episode Prayer is a mystery. It’s so true and thank you for your transparency.
7. CCB podcast will fill your soul! - Whether traveling or listening at work, I love to hear these sisters of Christ feel my ear. You will catch yourself smiling and thanking God as you hear the wise words coming out of Candace and Tara Leigh’s mouths. So much knowledge they speak and so thankful of Gods handiwork coming alive in the lives of these two women.
8. Like having coffee with your two best friends! - Candace Cameron Bure and Tara Leigh Cobble are amazing together. Their authenticity and love for Jesus shines through. The story that CBC told about her mother-in-law baptizing her children without her permission, and the way she handled that situation using the verse from Philippians about putting others ahead of ourselves, impacted me on a soul deep level. I highly recommend this podcast. Share it with all your friends and the world will be a kinder, more gentle place!
For more resources, including articles, The Briefing, Thinking in Public, and archived editions of his nationally-syndicated radio show, The Albert Mohler Program, be sure to visit albertmohler.com.
Release date: 2023-03-23
1. // - Dr. Mohler, I listen to your podcast every morning and enjoy them very much. I must say that regarding today’s podcast I had a disagreement with you regarding President Biden. You praised him for his bravery in appearing in Ukraine. If you would watch his appearance with the Ukrainian president while they are walking on the tarmac, and listen to the sirens goes off, they don’t seem to be at all concerned. A reporter mentioned that there have been no sirens within the past several weeks and it just happened that at the time that President Biden, and the Ukrainian president we’re walking across the tarmac it went off. I believe this was all politically charged and staged, which is common for President Biden to do.
2. Too wordy for my taste - I liked a lot of what I heard Al say, but I wish he would ditch his fluffy rhetoric and have a more succinct approach to covering stories. Maybe others will like this show for how verbose Al is; he gives you plenty of time to soak up his argument while he methodically builds it out. For me personally, the delivery was too elaborate and repetitive to listen to without beginning to get frustrated.
3. He makes me feel more confident in my faith - Dr. M seriously helps me think about world view issues critically. I feel more confident in my own faith because he talks through so many hard-to-talk-about issues. There have been so many times where I’ve been able to reference the Briefing during my weekly community group meeting with fellow believers. When my pastor occasionally references him, it makes me so excited to know who he’s talking about!
4. The Briefing in Review - I am not a member of the Southern Baptist community but I listen to Mr. Mohler’s podcast every day. I enjoy the insight to the subjects he chooses. I know it’s important but I glaze over on some of the lgbtq briefs. While I agree with his perspective I can’t listen to that part as intently. That said I do not know of any other podcast that is as straight forward and Biblically insightful. The world needs this kind of insight and truthfulness. Hang in there Mr. Mohler! Keep going for Jesus and as a representative of His Church. Thank You for your service in the army of the Lord.
5. Always informative! - I’ve always liked listening to Dr. Mohler do the podcast! On the October episode, in the last story, he talked about an incident in Gastonia, North Carolina! It was highly entertaining! He even pronounced “Gastonia“ properly! Not many people do that! I once heard Dr. James Dobson call it “G’stonia!” Keep up the great work!
6. An Education in Christian Worldview and Politics - For years I had been apathetic and jaded about the news, media, and politics. The tumults of convinced me that I needed to start paying attention to the public square in the USA and to exercise my responsibility as a Christian to vote and take ownership of our democratic form of government here.
Having been disengaged for my entire life, I didn’t know where to start. A friend suggested the Briefing. Since that time I have listened to every single episode of this podcast. I am always impressed both by Mohler’s breadth and depth of learning and thinking. It is encouraging and inspiring to hear this courageous and intelligent voice for the biblical truth being rightfully applied to the public square
7. Consistently Commenting “on the News” - Although some conservatives who follow this podcast criticize Dr. Mohler for avoiding some theological issues and political specialty areas, I have noted that he does address them when the articles or television news address them. If my local school board is dealing with an issue, it may not make “the news” nationally. I like the focus on the news—not the pet topic of political activists.
8. The Voice of our Time - Thank GOD for Albert Mohler’s voice, divinely inspired no doubt. In a time of deep spiritual darkness and mainstream confusion, his voice brings balance, truth, and the hope of our Lord on a daily basis. We are so thankful for such a committed Christ follower to use his critical thinking and share it with the rest of us who are trying to be critical thinkers in contrast to the masses who are blindly following such destructive leftist ideologies. We are praying for you, sir, in never growing weary of the Lord’s work. Thank you for your service.
Many people today think that seeing is believing, but Christians know there is more to life than meets the eye. We must look beyond this momentary life to understand its eternal significance, walking by faith rather than by sight. Things Unseen with Sinclair B. Ferguson is a weekday devotional podcast featuring thoughtful reflections on the Christian life and our relationship with God. Each week follows a theme to guide you day by day in the pursuit of spiritual renewal. A podcast from Ligonier ...
Release date: 2023-03-23
1. Incredible! - I found this amazing podcast through Ligonier ministries and I feel like I stumbled on such a gem! A true prize and treasure for me. Mr. Ferguson does an incredible job at breaking down scripture, Bible history, and all of those saints and theologians before us all. Best of all, he teaches me how God WANTS a relationship with us. God loves us more than we know and this podcast emphasizes that. So peaceful, good, pure. Thank you so much for doing this! If only it was longer than min! Haha
2. Please listen daily - Please take advantage of this wonderful resource. I am truly amazed that Dr Ferguson can provide such teaching Monday through Friday each week. What a blessing it has been to me and my family. May the Spirit of Christ continue to use the faithfulness of Dr Ferguson in a mighty way!
3. A great way to start my day - When you have busy or hectic mornings sometimes it’s hard to set aside time for a min devotion. Somehow this podcast manages to pack in so much information into a short time. The calming nature has an excellent way to ease the craziness of the day and get my mind focused on what it should be
4. Biblical encouragement - I have been listening to this short devotional each morning since its release in early January. Ferguson is one of my favorite theologians and has such a pastoral way about his teaching. This podcast has been such a sweet, encouraging way to begin my time with the Lord, I find myself sending episodes to friends regularly.
5. Best Ever!!! - I am really enjoying this great addition to my morning devotion time. Especially enjoyable is the music selected to accompany the teaching; so relaxing and perfect for entering into the teaching with a peaceful heart. Thank you to the team for the close attention to each detail of this podcast!
6. Blessed - I am thankful to God for this Podcast. In this fast-paced world filled with so many different messages-It is a true blessing to be able to listen to the Word of God taught in a way that will give me meaningful- valuable things to ponder throughout my day -And keep me so close to Father-Son and Holy Spirit. Love this so much!
7. Exactly what I needed - I was in the habit of listening to mindless podcasts as I went about various tasks each day. In I sought to replace the “filler” with something that enabled me to think better and spur thoughtful reflection that would enrich my Bible study. This is exactly that. It’s meaningful and thought-provoking, and Dr. Ferguson delivers it all with his sure, soothing voice. Thank you!
8. Wisdom crying out - This podcast is a blessing and a refreshing voice of wisdom in a world filled with the constant wails of ungodliness. Each day, I look forward to listening to these episodes as we finish our homeschool day. The episodes are saturated with biblical truths and a call to pursue Christ. Thank you, Mr. Ferguson and Ligonier, for all of the resources you provide to help encourage and edify Christians all around the world.
Welcome to the weekly podcast of Elevation Church led by Pastor Steven Furtick. To learn more visit our website at http://elevationchurch.org or download the Elevation App. To support this ministry and help us continue to reach people all around the world click here: http://ele.vc/TI55jR
Release date: 2023-03-20
1. Tricks are for kids/Permission to Quit - Pastor Steven’s message has provided the breakthrough I needed to truly break the chains of deceitful desires that have kept me bound for so long. I was in a low place lost my job but I’ve never been happier because I know God is working to bring me into the me he always knew I could be. Thank you Lord for speaking through Pastor Steven. May God continue to provide him the strength and courage to speak as God sees fit. Hallelujah!! The devil will be defeated in Jesus name!!!
2. LOVE IT! - New to the podcast, love it though and don’t listen to all those other people who don’t like the “aggressive delivery”, your an amazing speaker and keeps me drawn in. Really wish you were coming to Oregon. Would definitely go. Thanks for doing gods work and keep on going your amazing
3. Great Message Excellent Delivery! - All I can say to the people who prefer “calm messages” is they must really dislike the song Rattle! I also wonder if they’re “calm” when their favorite sports team wins. If we can tolerate shouting for a sports team why do we insist on people using their inside voice when talking about something as wonderful as the savior of the world?
4. Glory to glory! Grace to grace! - Every teaching leaves me excited for more God in my life! More trust in God. More Spirit and less of my own pride or insecurities and anxiety. Steven doesn’t sugar coat the struggles but teaches you HOW to find victory through Christ alone. The fresh, brilliant revelations God gives Steven when he studies the Word makes it obvious to me that he is anointed to preach! And preach he does! Victory, hope, and empowerment is for all who believe and surrender to the Lord! Listen up and get set free!
5. Absolutely the best messages - I can’t say enough good things about the messages. No one else I have ever listened to is better, without a doubt. However, I think someone needs to be hired to handle the recording of the messages. The volume is extremely low when Steven is speaking, so when the loud clapping happens or he starts yelling, it practically blows your ear drums out. I have literally accidentally called while mowing and trying to get the volume down. I know from your sermons you like Joel Osteen. Listen to his podcasts and the sound, notice you never have to increase or decrease the volume when you listen to the entire sermon. Please hire someone to remedy this situation, because oftentimes I miss part of the message because the volume is down. Thank you and thanks for all of your wonderful sermons !
6. Great messages - I always find a great message and it happens to be just what I needed to hear to share with others. I have been listening for more than a year in a weekly basis and I found that my love for God has grow. Faith is all about what God means for each us and the messages has helped me see things I didn’t see before in the Bible.
7. God speaks to me - I’m so thankful for this podcast, for Steven Furtick, and Elevation Church. I look forward to my commute to work on Mondays the most because I know there is encouragement, teaching, preaching, and a God word coming my way! I thank God for all who make it possible for me to hear these sermons!!
8. Very encouraging - One night a week I work overnight in retail and the work is easy but monotonous. I also work every Sunday since I follow shabbos on Saturday and rarely get a chance to attend a Sunday morning service. This podcast makes my overnight shift go so much faster. I end up leaving work more encouraged than when I arrived. The messages are often challenging (in a good way). Mostly this podcast reminds me to check my attitude and remember that I’m representing Christ even as I work overnight. I’m very thankful for the team at elevation that make this podcast possible.
Jennie Allen is the 2x New York Times bestselling author of 'Find Your People' and 'Get Out Of Your Head'. She is also the founder and visionary of IF:Gathering. She is a passionate leader following God's call on her life to catalyze a generation to live what they believe. Jennie has a Masters in Biblical Studies from Dallas Theological Seminary and lives in Dallas, Texas, with her husband, Zac, and their four children. ________ SHORT. FUN. TRUTH. REAL CONVERSATION ABOUT THE STRUGGLES WE ARE FA...
Release date: 2023-03-23
1. Amazing Poscast - I have been having a very difficult time in my relationship with my mother. I have been struggling with hurt, sadness, mild anxiety/depression.
This podcast has helped me so much in how I should work from within myself with God as my guide. Jennie is an amazing leader and she has had so many great guests on her show that have also been a great help.
Needless to say I have some great reading ahead of me.
Thank you Jennie and Chloe for doing this podcast.
2. Wanna talk about it? - I absolutely love this podcast. I’ve been struggling and in a dark space for a while now and I picked up her book “Get out of your Head” on my sisters recommendation. Then I started listening to this podcast. I won’t lie - it’s been huge. It gives me hope and reminds me of my purpose! It fills me up and encourages me! If anyone wants to talk about it - would love to connect!
3. I love this podcast! - I listen to this podcast every week and I LOVE it! I don’t think there’s been one episode that hasn’t challenged me and brought me to tears. I have gained so many wonderful insights and have even shared it with my friends and my college-age daughters. Thank you for this wonderful inspiration!!!
4. Real lovely gospel driven - I believe Jennie Allen’s purpose and mission has always been a gospel shared, she speaks toward us fulfilling this call and reaching the next generation. This podcast will encourage you to flesh out this calling. Listening to Jennie’s words pushes me forward. I love her and the intentionality that drives her.
5. Love this Show - I have loved Jennie since I started doing IF at our church - years ago. I have always enjoyed the show but the last few years about community and health have really struck a chord with me. I encourage you to give this show a try and really listen to how GOD is using Jenny and her guest to speak to us.
6. Finally… - I am one of those listeners who has listened to episodes, at times/seasons binged episodes (even seasons), and has not left a rating or review even though I hear the encouragement to do so on every.single.podcast. The messages and conversations are timely. I have laughed and cried. Thank you for your ministry, Jennie and team. I am a life that has been changed because of your saying “yes” to the Lord.
7. Thank you! - I’m a year old woman who loves Jesus and works at walking after Him. I’m a wife of years living with a deeply depressed husband, mother of and grandmother of . My quiver is so full, I am blessed. Your podcasts so minister to my heart, especially the focus of these past months. Everytime I draw further insights and often others whom I know are struggling with various trials and your messages lead me to pray for them and often share your podcast. May God continue to guard and guide you, use you for His greater glory and your deeper joy. Thank you Jennie!
8. My nd favorite way to start the day - Only because listening to my daily dwell message is my first. Every morning on my drive to work, I listen to the dwell app and then to Made for this. This has truly been a life changing podcast for me. I have really been struggling with anxiety and just feel lost and that I have no control over my life and this podcast has allowed me to find better ways to respond to my anxiety. I have been seeking help and leaning on god and it just seems like every day there’s a message that god has sent my way. I’m beyond thankful for the wisdom that god speaks through Jennie and that she spreads it to wherever she can.
The BEMA Podcast is a walk-through of the context of the Bible and the Text itself, as well as surrounding history. We deconstruct our common readings of the Bible and attempt to reconstruct them through the lens of historical context. The main body of work is contained in Seasons 1–5, and we encourage you to start with episode 0 and continue in order through episode 204. BEMA Discipleship is a ministry of Impact Campus Ministries.
Release date: 2023-03-16
1. AMAZING AND LIFE CHANGING!! - TLDR: This podcast is absolutely AMAZING! It has helped me grow so much in my faith by teaching me few helpful tools to read the scriptures the way the original authors intended me to read them. My wife and I have been listening to BEMA since on the recommendation from one of her friends. It is an incredible listen. I just finished session and I am deciding to go back through the material again because it's that good. The basic premise of the podcast is this: The bible was and is a collection of writings that were written by, and meant for an eastern audience. As western christians, we often miss a lot of the meaning in scripture because of how we as westerners think. In the podcast Marty and Brent teach you the tools to read and understand scripture through the lens of its original audience. They teach you various literary tools, history, cultural context, and jewish hermauetics so that you can read scripture (yes, ALL OF IT, Genesis to Revelation) through the lens it was originally intended to be understood. This is not a podcast that helps teach you what to think, but rather how to think. These tools have greatly impacted my ability to learn and understand scripture and have opened my eyes to the amazing journey I have for the rest of my life to keep learning scripture!
2. Leading me through reconstruction - I was tired of simple interpretations of the Bible stories I grew up with. I didn’t think there was anything left to learn or discover in creation, Joseph’s coat, the parting of the Red Sea, etc. BEMA flipped that weariness on its head, and now I don’t know if I’ll ever get over my fascination with Scripture and its narrative. It’s far more exciting and participatory and intricate than my upbringing led me to see. Needed this as a “deconstructor/reconstructor.”
3. Eat the Fish and Spit out the Bones - I was initially a big fan of this podcast and listened through session and many of the early episodes of session . I do agree that Marty and the rest of the BEMA team supply a lot of great context to the Jewish side of the scriptures. I think sessions and are especially important in that way as they explain so much of the cultural background and references to Old Testament stories and scriptures that is completely lost on us as westerners today and has not been taught much from the pulpit. That being said, I started to realized in sessions and that Marty has a very very progressive leaning theology that dictates what he teaches and the scholars he refers to. People have mentioned many of these in other reviews but a few of the highly progressive/borderline heretical teachings are . The creation story is % poetry and none of it is historical fact. . None of what occurred in the book of Joshua was what God wanted and the Jews “reinvented” the truth that God told them to wipe out the opposing nations. . Jesus didn’t have a semblance of supernatural powers or knowledge. Things like the feeding of the / is all symbolism and references Old Testament scriptures by the authors and Jesus didn’t have special knowledge like about the woman at the well. . And probably biggest of all, they claim that Jesus didn’t have to die for our sins. He instead did it to “ease our guilty consciences” and to be an example for us in how we should lay down our lives for others, especially the weak and marginalized. So I recommend giving it a listen and take the good historical context and occasionally accurate Old Testament scripture references, but really think critically and do your own interpretation of scripture and not blindly follow his progressive/heretical teachings.
4. Arrogant dude - Listened to a LOT. Found it interesting but came to the realization that he interprets some things wildly different than what it sounds like and then doesn’t explain why he knows FOR SURE. I’m just supposed to “trust him” why? I put up with a few things that rubbed me the wrong way but didn’t want to give up just cause someone was a little different but after a while I just had yo admit to myself that this guy gives me some off vibes. Comes across like he knows all and the listener is dumb and can’t think for ourselves and should follow him blindly.
5. A-m-a-z-i-n-g!! - My Bible study group is starting your podcasts on //. I love the transcripts because some of us, especially me are visual learners. Those are so helpful so I can go slower through your podcasts. I have heard it said that when you learn new information that your brain rewires and you get an extra wrinkle so to speak. These are giving me the good kind of wrinkles. Bless you all for this awesome information.
6. All time favorite Scripture Podcast! - I absolutely love the Bema Podcast and material. My husband and I listen to the podcast every week! It’s been transformative for me to look at Scripture in this deeper way, and I feel like I’ve really learned how to study the Bible. The Bema Podcast helps me to see this Bible as a consistent story narrative, and seeing the Bible as a whole has been monumental for me. Marty & Brent will help you to see God for his character, over and over again, and I will walk away from this knowing that God is good!
7. Insightful and Impactful - You will not be disappointed with this one. Marty unpacks scripture in a way that will blow your mind. God has so many treasures in His word and this podcast is a great way to walk through them under the discipleship of a great teacher. This is everything you want in a Bible podcast.
8. Helped me to Strengthen my Faith - This podcast complete challenged and changed the way I exercise my faith. I always thought that context was important but now actually having context for the foundation of my life and the way I read the Bible has completely turned my world view upside down (in the best way) It's also brought me so much closer to Jesus than I ever thought I would be a few years ago!
Since 1994, this daily broadcast has provided accessible, in-depth Bible teaching to millions around the world. As the principal outreach of Ligonier Ministries, it has instructed listeners in the life-changing truths of historic Christianity and has kept the church community informed about pertinent issues facing believers today.
Release date: 2023-03-24
1. Derek Thomas - Podcast producers: please listen to today’s podcast with Derek Thomas (--). I could not finish it due to his heavy breathing and wet, smacking noises he makes with his mouth. I am not exaggerating or being a troll. I love Renewing Your Mind and will continue to listen. However, please try to find a way to gently notify Derek that the mouth noises, deep breaths, smacking, and swallowing hinder his message. PS: people subscribe to this podcast to hear the late great RC Sproul. Why not just continue to air his old messages only? The current crop of speakers are simply not as good as he was.
2. Excellent Show! - This show is incredible! I’m so thankful I found it. It really allows me to understand my Heavenly Father and his word so much more. It honestly feels like I’m in the class learning with these incredible teachers! Sinclair Ferguson and R. C. Sproul do an amazing job. Everyone truly does! Thank you so much for putting our daily podcasts! This is a true blessing!
3. Wonderful for Newly Reformed Christians - I have grown up in a Lutheran Church, and never felt that the messages I was hearing were accurate and consistent with scripture. This series has done an incredible job clarifying the “big questions” in regards to theology and has enriched my understanding of scripture. I find that these small excerpts are informative, clarifying, and perfect in length that I can fit theology into my everyday routine. Thank you Ligonier Ministries!
4. Scholarly and Practical Biblical exposition - Ligonier Ministries has advanced Bible passages and Christian topics explained in detail from a Biblical, Theological, Historical, Traditional and Practical aspect. We learn what it meant, what it means and what to do about it so that our Christian lifestyle is enhanced and we can contribute to God’s Kingdom every day. Humble people with over qualified backgrounds and experiences share the Gospel and Christian topics in a thorough manner.
5. R. C. Sproul is a Godsend!!! - R. C. Sproul expresses/interprets the Word of God so eloquently, it penetrates a desire for more of his teachings. He explains the Word in such detail/depth, and clarity for everyone to understand. His teachings have hit to the core of my heart in such a way, it has even brought me to tears from time to time.
6. One of History’s Greatest Theologians - I’ve followed R.C.‘s books since I was young, but only recently really started getting into his teaching more. Sproul truly is one of the most gifted theologians, as he has a deep understanding of God’s word and is able to explain large concepts to the average listener. I continue to be blessed by his teaching to this day, and I would like to thank Ligonier Ministries for continuing to post his messages.
7. Excellent theological study - Dr. Sproul has been such an inspiration to my life, both spiritually and intellectually. I have learned more from his teaching in the last years than I have from the all the previous years of my life listening to other sermons combined. Dr Sproul eloquently explains how the Christian faith is the only logical, reasonable, rational, and coherent way to live your life, and all other avenues are illogical and self-defeating.
8. Dr. Sproul’s archived sermons - I’ve listened to Dr. Sproul since . I love his teachings. Thank you for playing his teachings for a new generation. Wisdom never goes out of style! Keep playing Dr. RC’s sermons! PLEASE STOP USING SPEAKERS OF POOR VOICE QUALITY AND LIGHTWEIGHT TEACHERS. Ligonier was known for classic orthodox teaching.
Want to start praying, but don't know how? Join one of the most downloaded Christianity and Catholic podcasts every morning for scripture, meditation, and a Rosary - all under 25 minutes! It's perfect for your daily commute or morning coffee listening.
Release date: 2023-03-25
1. Angels - Hello. Sometimes, not always, it’s hard to hear the female voice that completes the prayers. There seems to be a big difference in your voice levels- so much so that I have to turn the volume up…
And could you please do a rosary segment that focuses on Angels? I heard one a short while ago and I’m trying to go back to it- still trying. I loved it. And I’m not alone in that one. It helps me through my day. God bless you and Merry Christmas Thank you
2. Thank You! - Thank for the prayers and guidance without this, I don’t think I get over of my anger, I don’t think if I can forgive, I didn’t think I can love again, I didn’t think I can dreams for better tomorrow again… please pray for me for my complete healing because I suffer a depression due to my cognitive dissonance from honorable people, from the man I had love, and for the way how poor elderly, and sick people got treated in nursing homes especially to those have no family and friends who visit them, and the patients of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease…It’s has been a decade I work so hard to care and protect them, but I am going for circles because I couldn’t find help from people who have above position than me, and please pray for my former-step daughter, and my former husband if he really didn’t do it intentionally the way he sexually molested my former step daughter when she years old he need to confess the truth for his own soul, and please Pray for the man I love now to come back home to me his name is Christopher… please pray for my job that will give me more hours and give me raise so I don’t go broke and able to pay my tuition for my RN schooling right now… please keep my children and all good people safe, even to those animals and every living things, pray for my health and everyone… I am sorry, that I have a lot of need, I am so loaded of thoughts in my mind and I can’t concentrate of my exams and studies, please pray for me for clarity of my mind, and healing for the pain I feel in my hearts, and pray that I will find answer for all the questions that I may have, especially why or how my biological mother died. This podcast site you got, it’s truly saves my life… Thank You again… Doc. And to all of your fellow. Hopefully, someday I can join you guys in person, but for now I enjoy praying with you guys even I am in a distance. God bless you more in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ I pray ……. of Unbreakable years for Devine Mercy Lord Have Mercy on (me) US…Amen.
3. Great daily rosary podcast! - This podcast is very helpful for praying the rosary. The daily stories and insights between mysteries is amazing. If I had to make any suggestions, I would add that some episodes it is difficult to hear, even after setting the volume to maximum. Regardless, this is a great podcast for praying the rosary daily.
4. Everyday I feel like I pray with friends - I make every effort to say my rosary with you. The sound of everyone praying makes me feel like I’m with a community. You would think I’m all alone, but I’m not. I’m a Director of faith formation. But being part of this podcast for a year and a half now is one of the highlights of my days. It is changed me for the Good. Thank you.
5. Changed how I felt about the rosary! - I used to only say the rosary once a week or so during adoration or quiet prayer. Then the pandemic came and I lost my job. I started a new, “lesser” job just to make ends meet. It is a hostile environment. I dreaded going to my new job. A friend in our church small group recommended this rosary podcast and I knew I had to increase my prayer life and invite Jesus into my work life. I started listening to this podcast every morning on my drive into work. It changed my whole attitude! I now can’t wait to get in my car to say the rosary and watch the sun come up against the mountains every morning! The rosary was the gateway for me to find joy every morning! I often listen to previous rosary meditations during especially hard times at work while I work. It has become my armor against the anti-God attitude at work. The meditations are so insightful and inspiring! I’m drawing closer to our Lord and the holy family every day! I’m also now listening to the Catholic Podcast from Holy Family School of Faith. Thank you all for all you do! I lift up all the prayer requests of your listeners every day!
6. Daily Commitment & Family Dynamic - This podcast has helped solidify our daily commitment to the rosary, and more - it has changed our family dynamics of praying together, in all the best ways. We are grateful to all those who’ve lead us in the rosary through this podcast, and we endeavor for more good conversation & friendship, and praying the rosary with others!
7. Engaging format - I’m a huge fan of this format for the rosary. The meditations ‘dive deep’ and have really helped to create spiritual growth. There are many rosary podcasts that stick to the traditional mysteries, etc. Consider this podcast for something different (and you can still do a traditional rosary after)
8. Thank you - For years I’ve prayed the rosary on and off, mostly off yet the pull to say the rosary was always in my heart. Thank you for the guidance and the morning meditation it is always thought provoking. I’ve been listening to your podcast since April and truly look forward to it every single morning. May God bless you.
Greg Laurie delivers compelling, practical insights on faith, culture, and current events—with an emphasis on the saving power of the gospel message. He is the founding pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship, main speaker of the Harvest Crusades, and host of the daily program, A New Beginning. For over 40 years, Pastor Greg and Harvest Ministries have been committed to knowing God and making Him known. Learn more at https://harvest.org/.
Release date: 2023-03-23
1. Daily Bread - My dad shared this podcast with me and now I listen every morning. Pastor Laurie is so down to earth and real, I love the way he shares the word. Listening to this in the morning I learn something everyday and fill my cup up with the spirit. I love praying together at the end of the message and am so grateful for how my relationship with God has grown. Highly recommend!
2. The message - I came to Christ listening to pastor Greg Laurie I didn’t understand how to surrender to Christ and one day he was talking about it on the radio and I was at work . I drive for a living so there I was on my knees confessings my sins to God and allowing Him to take over my life . That was the day I felt whole (complete ) God is so amazing.
3. Thankful - Dear Pastor Greg, I love to listen to your podcasts, I learn so much! And your style of delivering The Good News is light hearted and fun. However I know when you are being very serious. You definitely take your responsibility to all of us very seriously. Thank you so much for not only what you do, but how you do it, with love and humor. And by the way I have watched and listened for a number of years and your jokes never get old! God bless you
4. Backslider - God has never left my side, even when it appeared outwardly that I wasn’t living in the word of Christ. I would call out to God in times of need and silent otherwise. For many year's I did not live within Gods words, until I found Pastor Greg. The verbal talent God gave Greg draws listeners into the word of God. Pastor Greg has helped me find my way back home. Glory be to God, in the name of Jesus, Amen
5. Close… but not good enough - Sadly, Greg Laurie (at one time in my christian walk) was an inspiration and a favored teacher of mine along the way. In the recent years (covid) I began to notice some cracks appearing within his interpretation of scripture as it relates to ‘the world’. I hoped in the back of my mind, that it was me and convinced myself it was due to my infantile understanding of scripture. Bottom line, with the release of his latest book “Lennon, Dylan, Alice & Jesus”… there sadly isn’t much left to question. Greg Laurie has it seriously wrong and now his influence can no longer be supported. It’s time for all believers to embrace him in our prayers and ask God to please clear his confusion and grant him biblical clarity. Yours in Christ
6. Hope - I’ve heard it said something like a person could live forty days without food, three days without water, and maybe minutes without air, I think? But a person can only live second without hope? The things Pastor Greg teaches from the Bible show me the hope of living for Jesus Christ each and every day.
7. Gifted teacher - Down to earth, bible teaching without fear of the unpleasant subjects being broached. Refreshing. It’s ruined with the constant reminder of that fact every time an announcer comes on asking to let you know how great you are. Gods great, you’re not. He can use anyone to tell His story… but He is using you… don’t muddy it up.
It’s ruined every time you ask for money. Should you be paid? Why not exercise the faith you teach and let God handle your finances ? If you tithe your % the Bible promises you’ll be rewarded fold… live it. Or it’s a lie.
The constant affirmation need and begging is ugly, it may add you to the list of fakes… which is a shame, because your biblical message is not and the Spirit who gives you your gifts is most definitely not.
8. Means girl - I went too his church. Back. When I was a child. In the. s. Loved. Being able too listen too him again. Back then I didn’t. Get it. I have been. Back sliding. My hole life. As a Christian . But. Listening. Too him again. Brings. . Hope. And is. Helping me too. Come back and grow. Listening too. Greg. Is giving me the tools. On how too be a better Christian. Am so glad. That you can. Listen. Too it on your phone. Well at work. And I do thank you. And god bless you.
Investigating a world that isn't just stuff.
Release date: 2023-03-09
1. Thorough Research - Though I’m familiar with the topics discussed… I was particularly impressed with the flow of the information. The ease the hosts clearly have with each other is a joy. I have no doubt that the hosts know far more information about the topics discussed. This can be confusing to a “newbie”. Not here. The topics are introduced in a fresh compelling format. Looking forward to more… SOON!!!
2. Great! - So excited to have this podcast with captivating story-telling and discussions about all these mysterious things!! Loved the first episode! SO excited for lots more to come. I’ve been looking for Christians to dive into these topics from a biblical point of view and I’ve had very, very similar views and conclusions as well! What an amazing God we have. Well done!
3. Utterly disappointing - I was anticipating an insightful podcast melding Christian belief and history. Instead, the podcast completely ignores established scholarship, the scientific method and basic logical reasoning. The claims of historicity and interpretation of biblical scripture are absolutely ludicrous. Sad and frankly a bit scary that people may have such beliefs.
4. Captivating Story Telling - Ben and Brian are able to tell stories that leave the listener captivated and grasping for more. It took no time at all for them to have me firmly believing in the existence of sea dragons and Atlantis. I will be sharing this podcast with everyone that I know and if they don’t listen, then they are dead to me.
5. A Project Born of Genuine Interest - Haunted Cosmos is such a fun show. Going deep on the fringes of our world, trying to figure out what’s true and false, what powers are trying to play which people at any given time—it’s a wild world we live in. Ben and I undertook this project out of genuine interest—and hope it shows! We hope to put in the work, listen to feedback, and make the best show we can. Hope everyone enjoys listening as much as we enjoyed making it.
6. Spooktacular - Looking forward to how this podcast branches and anchors the unknown in the Kingdom of God. The passion, care to details, and the utmost sincerity with the desire to see through the lens of Christ. These guys completely know what they’re doing. I’m immersed in their story telling. Having had a couple experiences myself, I’m thankful to have a God honoring way to describe it. Grateful for y’all. PS: Don’t wait becoming a patron for them. Well worth.
7. Excited! - This is a brilliant idea, and I am very excited to listen as Ben Garrett and Brian Sauve examine the world of high strangeness from a Biblical worldview. For a long time, I have had an interest in cryptozoology, and the supernatural world. As a Christian who came out of an occult background, I have enough experience to say that the spiritual forces of darkness in heavenly places are more than a footnote reference in the writings of Paul. They are a real, dangerous element in the world we inhabit - but they are ultimately and finally defeated in Christ’s victory!
8. Grow Your Cosmology - Our world isn’t just stuff, as these men so aptly put it. Even as a Christian it’s hard to break out of a modern cosmology and embrace a biblical or medieval understanding of this wonderful world. Here’s to probing into the strange things we hear about the world and examining it through a different (albeit scriptural) lens! Cheers