Release date: 2012-09-28 Genre:Comedy $9.99
1. Amazing - I never really wanted to watch it because I always thought it would be one of those movies that are really boring, but boy was I wrong, there is never a dull moment. It has amazing humor and little twists that you won't expect, it also has amazing songs that you'll probably recognize. And if any of you know what "shipping" is (when you want two or more people to date or get together) you have NO idea how bad I ship two of the characters. Over all it's an amazing movie!!!
2. Wow!!! - Pitch Perfect is the film industry's answer to glee. And it hits all the right notes in the process. The music alone is amazing! And it's boosted by a strong young ensemble cast led by Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson ( who steals the frickin show) It is a groundbreaking film that needs more respect
3. Very very disappointed...... - You'd think since everyone you know loves the movie you'd love it too. Well, they're WRONG. Pitch Perfect was a complete disgrace to humanity. I couldn't even get all the way to the end because of the vulgarity extant of the movie. This movie just HAD to throw in the curse words and nasty language. If you are thinking about taking your children to see this movie, DONT you'll regret it. More reviews from,
4. Outstanding movie of Pitch perfect - I remember watching this movie with my mom months ago before the end of February and it was cool. I loved pitch perfect. I really do not think I will see the second one in theatres because a little too much swearing so. I will see about Pitch Perfect whenever I can rent that movie when if comes out or maybe not. Maybe this movie is better.
5. Warning: For "Precocious" Teen Girls Only - My wife asked me to rent a "chick-flick" we could watch together. She suggested this film. In the end even she was highly underwhelmed. This film's target audience? I'd say "Precocious" - year old girls. You'd have to be a year old girl to enjoy this, and a somewhat precocious one to actually get some of the references in the jokes (though "subtle" or "nuance" wouldn't be used to describe the humor in this film.) The whole thing is over-acted like a Disney-esque teen flick … but with sexual overtones a la high school.
Release date: 2005-07-22 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. Ten Years, and this movie still touches my soul - If you're ever need a boost when life has kicked you, and maybe a little motivation will push you through, this movie will definitely recharge your spirit. A real movie, about real people, who don't have anything but a dream. It's times like this when we all need a reminder that when you're at your lowest, having a dream can take you places you could never imagination.
2. Hustle and Flow - The plot was too lineal and lacked authenticity which is what the movie was striving for. Any movie about pimps and hookers needs to convince me that it is a realistic depiction of that lifestyle. The details seemed true and so did most individual scenes but the arc of the story and the presentation and timing of critical plot twists seemed amateurish and false. For this reason the whole movie was a failure in my eyes.
3. yall need to hold up - dis is a good movie dont get me wrong...but all yall dat are rating rap/hip-hop movies and then comparin them to mile and trashin the ish outta em's film....yall need to check yourselves and f off...forreal...besides the pointless brittany murphy chracter...there isnt a stronger music film that depicts the fight it takes to even get respect in ur own hood then mile....the struggle is always there...yall should watch the end of this flick and realize success dont happen that easy...which is why i gave dis 's....trust me...good movie....but dont mess wit da greatest emcee of all time and his musical masterpiece
4. One of my best films of - This landed on my number of with good reason. This film makes " Mile" look like beginner's luck. Although the songs are filled with heavily explicit material, they are , times better than the former film mentioned above in that the songs convey the pain, emotion, and struggles that the main character goes through. I'm surprised (and also glad) that Terrence Howard recieved a Golden Globe and Oscar nomination for his fine performance. Rapper Ludacris does another fine job as well (even if it was a short role) as both actors came hot off the heels of "Crash". That I'll save for another review (if iTunes gets it, that is.) As well as recieving a Golden Globe and Oscar (where it won for Best Song, surprisingly), the movie also recieved MTV Movie Award nominations, including one for Howard.
5. Wow, Terrance Howard Shines - A fantastic debut for Craig Brewer. You may think it is a bad movie about pimps and rappers, but it is not. "Hustle and Flow" is about a man trying to find his way through life. Noteables are fantastic performances by Anthony Anderson and Ludacris, also "It's hard out here for a pimp" is a great song. It has a few slow scenes, but it is a great movie fueled by Terrance Howard.
Release date: 2016-12-21 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. Kids deserve better - I am quite disturbed by the low standard Illumination has been setting for kids movies these days. Obviously every parent needs a movie or two to babysit their child for an hour while they do grown up stuff, but when that’s all your company makes it really says a lot about how little respect this animation company has for its audience. I encourage anyone who reads this to seek out better movies that will actually leave an impact on your children and help them grow as a person, movies like How to Your Dragon, Fantastic Mr Fox, Kubo and the Two Strings, Spirited Away, Mirai, and The Prince of Egypt
2. Great Wowwwwwww - Love this movie and all the songs it has. It is very brilliantly made, is entertaining, and has a great storyline. The singing is astounding, and you really get to love the characters and feel their emotions they experience. A great movie for all generations and a great movie. Tori Kelly is AMAZING
3. I love this movie! - This is my most favorite movie because this people put music in it, animals, and the most amazing singer of all time, Tori Kelly! She is also my most favorite singer and she’s in my most favorite movie so that’s why I love it! (This was written by a kid so I recommend this movie to all kids that love music, animals, and Tori Kelly!)
4. My Favorite of my kids movies - Though I understand that this movie is targeted to older small children, i think any age can enjoy it. Watching it with my year old daughter, she was jumping, clapping, & thoroughly enjoying the climax of the film.
Smart, touching, well paced, wonderfully written & greatly executed. Also, great music.
I wish more movies were given the amount of love, care, & attention to detail that wis given to this one.
5. INFINITY STARS!!! - This movie is amazing! The songs sound wonderful, the characters are pretty funny, and animals! I love them, plus, the rent is soo cheep! I’m glad ! I which I can give this movie more stars ! And to all of you haters, SHUT THE FRK UP YOU BIS! I swear I would kick the haters in their face! Haters, you know nothing!
Release date: 2004-03-02 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. So good! - I remember going to see this in theaters. It makes me feel old lol. But this movie is so fun! Jack Black does a hilarious job and it’s easily one of his funniest movies. It’s a little bit absurd in some ways because something like this would never fly and not end well, but just set logic aside and just enjoy the ride this movie takes us on. One of the best movies from the ’s
2. A movie like no other! - What is there to say about School Of Rock? That it is priceless, assembles great actors, and puts a great plot. Jack Black is the best actor living, Joan Cusack puts a great performance as well, White aimed very high with the writing, and made it hilarious. And the fact that Miranda Cosgrove made her film debut in this movie as a band manager takes the cake. It was also hilarious when Black’s character says he had a hangover. This movie is for everyone, even though it’s rated PG-, but that’s really only for language, so not worth not having your year old, , or even year old kid even watch this movie. But watch this movie before letting a kid younger then watch this movie. Buy this on DVD, or iTunes. It is priceless!
3. Like a stale donut; sweet, but disappointing. - I finally saw this film, after years of friends telling me I should see, saying that I would love it. But I didn't. It was disappointing. A huge, overrated disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I like Jack Black and Joan Cusack, but this film just falls flat for me.
4. Jack Black and a Rockin' script AWESOME! - This is one of my favorite movies ever made. Jack Black was the perfect casting choice for the role of Dewey Finn. His unlimited, energy-fueled charisma makes viewers laugh their heads off and fall in love with the character. The incredibly talented ensemble of kids are phenomenal, and they deliver every line in the rocking script perfectly! See it with your kids and family- it will blow your mind!
5. Money well spent!!! - This movie is hilarious, inspirational, and educational all at once. Jack Black did an amazing job in this movie. Jack Black stars as a substitute teacher Who isn't ready to teach any buddy All he knows is rock 'n roll and that is what he teaches. Great movie and one of my favorites.
6. AMAZING! - I love this movie so much and i watched it so many times that i know most of the lines!!!!! Jack Black is hilarious in the School Of Rock and Nacho Libre! If you need a laugh and if you're thinking about getting this movie, buy it now. Take my word for it. I swear you'll enjoy this awesome movie.
Release date: 2005-11-18 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. Amazing! - I know who Johnny Cash is and have heard his songs before but never really knew who June Carter was but after watching this movie it made me love them both and made me love Joaquin and Reese more too! This is now my favorite movie and I love listening to the soundtrack and find myself having them stuck in my head. I would love to see a sequel about their life after they got married.
2. What a FANTASTIC movie!!!! - One day this movie came on regular TV, & I just left the channel on, I began watching it, & WOW!! I was hooked. I looked this movie up in iTunes and there it was. I rented it because I had missed the beginning of the movie. I am in love with this & I don't even like Johnny Cash lol but the actor & Actress (Witherspoon, & Phoenix) done such a Wonderful job, that now it's one of my all time favorite movies. Today, I am buying this movie. I gotta have it in my collection. Thank you for reading my review if you never seen this, or just not into Johnny Cash's music, put that aside, and atleast rent it while you still can, you'll be hooked too.
3. OMG what a beautiful movie! - joaquin phoenix is so beautiful in this movie in the way that he portrays his character. It's a very emotional drama and opened my eyes to johnny cash's type of music. And i love that it not only shows the many musicians johnny cash met along the way and the songs he wrote but also how he must have dealt with his own feelings throughout his career. If you love life stories, love music, or love joaquin phoenix, this is one movie u should see.
4. Walk the Line - I think this is just a phonominal movie, it really portrays the connection between june and johnny and the actors are really fantastic at playing their parts. I Love this movie and i always have, probably one of the best movies that was made from a musician's life. It drew me to Johnny Cash and made me love his music even more than i already did.
5. If you loved the man in black, you'll love this movie - Phoenix does an amazing job portraying the man in black. He had the Cash cocky bravado down pat. It's a great story about the value of loving and having confidence in yourself. The filmmakers picked the right actors to play John and June for sure!!!
6. a great movie and better life story - not only this an exceptional acting by both main actors, but even long the movie, it is paced such that you want it go continue every minute. At the same time, music is another reason to love this movie. But the most I liked is the story, as it shows the realistic failure and success duality of a life lead by true spirit, love, and ingenuity
7. One of My Favorite movies!!! - I like reese witherspoon already and i hadn't seen this movie yet so i watched it. IT WAS AMAZING!! it gave me a whole new respect for not only Johnny Cash but for the actors too. they did a teriffic job. the music sounds great almost exactly like johnny cash. You also really learn a lot about johnny cash's life and what he had to go through. anyway this movie is awesome, a must see movie.
8. Johnny who? - This movie really came into its own. Phoenix and Witherspoon both created their own characters of Johnny Cash and June Carter. They both played the role well and their singing was amazing. It was as if they were the artists themselves. I would highly recommend this movie to music lovers of all kinds.
Release date: 2021-12-22 Genre:Kids & Family $14.99
1. Shows teachable lessons - I love this movie. It really shows to the kids that you can do anything. It shows that when you let nothing get in your way, you can accomplish anything. It shows that you can’t let words set you back from your dream. The singing and song choices is amazing especially with Clay. I love the battle scene! When he gets defeated and gets back up, he kind of starts to scream but sing at the same time. It’s on purpose to show that he won’t be defeated and “nothing will tear him apart” as the song goes and means. I don’t understand the negative reviews because this movie is truly amazing and when you look into it deeply it gives teachable lessons to life.
2. Sing - If you loved the first one this one will blow you away ! Unlike most second story movies this one actually had a story ! The songs were awesome and a lot of fun. But in a kind of realistic way so your older kids would enjoy this.( they did change jonnies voice but it is pretty similar and his story was amazing) !! Watch it u won’t be disappointed
3. By Maxley bird and me bird yesterday by Bieber Justin Bieber - Can I go I still old place call Nords South it was a people name Nora Nora Nora bora bora bora and then Dora they were only the family name and then they were off to a city called sing to and then they were very good and then I tapped on the web and then they were good at they have a lot of TickTock is your favorite dance challenge and then they are Bam
4. Its definitely not the original, but fun to watch and forget. Rent - not buy. - Movie Sing- shares a fate of most sequels - it mimics the original without any novelty. Sequel needs to go deeper than original, this one - did not. Did not do much worse either - so stars. The "make it or break it" plot line where whole show hinged on bringing in another mysterious character was weakly executed. Authors decided not to risk it and avoided both controversy of love story between young and old rock stars or exploring tragedy of losing a loved one from cancer further to make it inspiring. Separately - Calloway singing voice was completely wrong - another massive lost opportunity. So honest rent for people who liked Sing-.
Release date: 2015-05-15 Genre:Comedy $9.99
1. Watched it for Pentatonix! - Hi, I am a loyal fan of Pentatonix of five years,and here is my updated review of Pitch Perfect ! I liked the movie but I watched it for Pentatonix! They are my favorite vocal singing group and I own five of their cds! They can can make sounds with just their voices! They are amazing. I honestly love and enjoy their music. They have a camo in this movie as themselves representing Canada! They can been seen having one last rehearsal before they go on the stage to sing their song in nd Final before The Bellas come on the stage last for their songs with some friends and their former leader. If you had seen the first movie, then you know that The Bellas make a promise to win the championships, the promise goes like this: do not have a relationship with any of the boys from the all male singing group, make sure that no wolf or coyote can rip out their voice boxes, sing songs by female singers, do not let any problems with their voices get in the way, and put on a great show! But I honestly think that The Bellas should update their promise to say don’t get distracted by one of the four handsome male members of Pentatonix, (especially Avi!), become smitten with the one of the four handsome male members of Pentatonix, (especially Avi!), fall in love with one of the four handsome male members of Pentatonix, (especially Avi!), and do not start a romantic relationship with any of the four handsome male members of Pentatonix (especially Avi!) The Bellas can only do those five private and personal things if they tie for first place with Pentatonix and make sure that no members of the home audience or the actual audience are watching! I wonder if Beca (Anna Kendrick) will fall in love with Avi Kaplan and start a private romantic relationship with him! I’m honestly hoping that could happen because I think that Beca (Anna Kendrick) has broken up with her boyfriend from the all male singing group. I have not seen the third movie yet, but I know it got a pg- rating too, like the first two movies which I have seen so far, it got that rating because it is revealed that one of The Bellas (I’m honestly guessing that it’s Beca) (Anna Kendrick) is three months pregnant. I’m honestly wondering if that Beca(Anna Kendrick) is three months pregnant with her and Avi Kaplan’s three daughters from the nd movie! I’m wondering if Beca (Anna Kendrick) And Avi Kaplan had successfully reached the Can’t Sleep Love Point in their romantic relationship that might have caused Beca (Anna Kendrick)to suddenly become pregnant with her and Avi Kaplan’s three daughters from the nd movie,(This could be the nd epic twist of the whole of the second movie, next to the possibility of Pentatonix tying for first place with The Bellas, And the possibility of The Bellas having private romantic relationships with one of the handsome male members of Pentatonix, (especially Avi!) This has to be the important, honest, and bombshell or tie-in moment from this movie to the third Movie! Please appreciate my reference to Pentatonix’s original song that became number one on Billboard’s chart of albums from their and album. And there is a second version of it that features Tink! This updated review was written by a loyal fan of Pentatonix!
2. Embarrassing - What happened? The first Pitch Pefect was... well... perfect! This one? Pathetic. How any of the people associated with it would want their name in the credits is beyond me? Who wrote this garbage. Juvenile sexual innuendoes, way too many fat jokes (shame on Rebel Wilson). The only thing I liked was the closing number. If I warched just that... it would've been great... but getting there...Ugh. How sad to see so much talent go to waste.
3. AWESOME Movie!!!!!!! - Pitch Perfect was the most awesome movie ever!! It was thoughtful and hearted. The first movie was just on having the Bella's come together. But the second, the performances are better and they are bigger. Now that the Bella's are graduating, Emily comes in.And I think her coming in makes the Bella's better! The group is having the final year before graduation. I think Benngie and Emily make a really cute couple! There both silly and both kind-hearted!
4. LOVE THESE LADIES - The first movie was one of my favorite movies ever! It was funny, I loved the Bella's and the Trebles! And they stepped it up this time, I left the theater feeling just as good as the first one. I will forever love the Pitch Perfect Series and I am overjoyed and can't wait for the third one!!!
5. Movie IS ok. - I got problems about my rent that I did one in Apple TV and another at Mac. But iTunes support helped so I could watch the movie. It is too light and was wondering the movie will be funny emotion as like the movie one. But, still be good movie to watch with family being light movie. Is ok.
6. I NEED A REFUND!!! - I NEED A REFUND!!!!! I decided to rent the movie and so I downloaded. The download was taking so long that I stopped it (thinking that it would just pause and continue later )because I had to do something on my phone.. When I came back I went to downloads and it said no recent downloads!!!! I NEED A REFUND!!! I didn't even watch the movie!!! I basically wasted half of my money and didn't even watch anything becuz you stole from me!!!!
7. Waited two hours for the plot to start... - This is one of the most disappointing sequels to one of the best movies out there. It tainted the original it was so bad. I've never felt so in need of a refund after leaving the theatre. I kept waiting for something-anything- to really happen. It's like one big joke, but not one they meant to make.
The German team is overdone and ridiculous. The Bella's are weak. The songs were lame. The worst part is the choppy scenes. They don't fit together smoothly. Unfortunately, I think the directorial debut came too soon for our favorite funny lady. Even if I never see this movie again, I will forever be haunted by the failure that is Pitch Perfect .
Release date: 2000-12-22 Genre:Comedy $17.99
1. iTunes Extras and K needed - This movie made me laugh a lot, but can you please add the Special Features and iTunes Extras and also upgrade to K so people can watch them online? This is really annoying to me when the Special Features appear on the Home Video releases of movies, but not on iTunes because technology is advancing everyday.
2. A pretty funny Coen film! - A very artistic and strange movie, "O Brother" was the first Coen movie I ever watched. It was hilarious! Great story, great acting... amazing cinematography! Had some interesting parts, and has given me the blessing of the Soggy Bottom Boys and one my favorite movie quotes: "We thought you was a toad!" Very funny, definetly a must-watch for any Coen Brothers fan.
3. Mama says you ain't bonafide... - Outstanding performances (in spite of my low opinion of Clooney as a person); Clooney NAILED this role! Goodman: SOLID performance as usual. Impeccable soundtrack. Settings: superb. Definately in my top of all times! The fact that the story was adapted from Homer's Odyssey is the clincher. "Oh, George! Not the livestock!" So, let your "foldin' money come unstowed" and get this if you haven't already!
4. Hands down one of the best films of this time - Between the music, acting, story telling, and cinematography; you'd be hard-pressed to find many films with a better combination of these elements. It'll make you laugh, it'll jerk your heart, it'll put you on the edge of your seat at times. Definitely a out of and I would never think any less.
5. Want to Buy!! - iTunes seriously needs to make this movie availible to buy not just rent. I love this movie so much I have it memorized but I would love to be able to listen to it on my iPod whenever I want and not be afraid to lose it or need to pay anytime I want to watch it. As one of a favorite movies I need it on my iPod. Please please please make this a reality!
6. Great Storytelling and Music - A great story is one with plot twists and turns that never allow the audience to know too much before the story takes a new adventurous take. No matter what genre this movie is in, it is simple a movie for the young, old, wise and dumb in everyone. The music is captivating and fills the soul in a way only the most beautiful of songs can. Buy or rent this film with the utmost of confidence and enjoy ninety minutes of delightful cinema and storytelling.
7. Great Spin-Off of "The Odyssey" by Homer - My english class read The Odyssey, written by Homer and translated by Robert Fagles, for the first month or two of school and wrote around - essays on it, and then we watched this movie for a week. I actually loved this movie for a school movie. But still, I love seeing an actor as famous as George Clooney in a movie that was made as a representation for a famous and historical epic/book. We ahd to make a list of metaphors and comparisons for the epic and movie, and there tons and tons of similarities between the two. It's quite interesting.
8. love the movie....too bad it wont download - its making me start to hate iTunes. I pay, it downloads, i start to watch and then it freezes up and locks up my mac air. when i reboot it shows but i cant start it. i click to report the problem and they don fix it. makes me want to curse out loud. do stars for the movie. rotten for iTunes.
Release date: 2002-11-08 Genre:Drama $9.99
1. Hard Knock Life - Eminem really came up from nothing and thanks to his friends, especially Doody, he had the determination to keep striving and ended up becoming one of the Greatest Rappers of all time and his MMLP made history. And he even won a Oscar for Lose Yourself. Eminem is a legend and deserves ever accolade he has.
2. FINALLY UNDER $. - So happy this movie finally was under $.. I got so sick of seeing $.. I’m not paying that. I got it straight away! Hurry & purchase this before it goes back up to $.. I love this movie so much too. So amazingly phenomenal! I was only years old when this came out & saw it @ years old when I first discovered who Eminem was. Love this movie. It’s everything! To think he was on the set of making this, & I’m right now. Life goes by so fast!!!! Still a great performance on this. Definitely worth the buy @ $..
3. Not too bad - This movie was different. It pretty much showed Eminem’s life and the life he lived. In a trailer and the work he did. The friend he had and the rival gangs that he had to deal with. The underground rap battles were pretty cool. The battle tore the other people up. That’s is a rap battle.
4. This Movie is a memory lane i love it - I watched this movie the day it came out in AMC with my high school friends. Been a Eminem fan since and still love his music, grew up listening to Em has made my life so easy and taught how to deal with people who just wanna bring you down. This movie is LIFE.
Release date: 1987-08-21 Genre:Romance $12.99
1. Dirty Dancing review - One of the better movies made. This movie takes me back to a better time. My mom and her friend and her friends kid who was my age (who was a female of the oppsite sex) would pick up their hair stylist friend every few months and rent this on vhs and come over my house when my dad worked doubles, and had a girls night and they fawned over Pat Swayze, but I had fun with my friend and got ice cream and pizzas and candy, but was too young to do any kissing or dancing dirty myself, I was about in . Great great date night movie, fun, bada$$ soundtrack which I still rock to this day loudly in my 's in my new Honda. Buy this movie when on sale. I own in every format. Enjoy!
2. Other languages?! - Love the movie, saw it yesterday on TV and wanted to buy it here, since it is on sale. But iTunes seems so arbitrary! Dutch subtitles? Why?!! Why is almost every movie in the US store available only in English? In other countries the movies on iTunes have more languages, even more than English and the country's native language. Every movie in every iTunes Store should come with more or all languages it was translated into, just like when you buy it on DVD, and also not just as subtitles! That said, I won’t buy a movie anymore that has only English as the only language or even only subtitles in a random language.
3. My favorite - Words cannot describe how much I love this movie! I have been asked time and time again what my favorite movie was and I always said I didn't know; that was before I watched Dirty Dancing. I'm going to be in March and my mom has always talked about how much she loved Dirty Dancing and would always quote it. I just watched for the first time this week (and second and third and fourth!) and it's honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen.
4. My Favorite Movie - This is by far my favorite movie, I know every single word. This movie came out the year I was born therefore I find that to be extra special RIP Patrick. Best love movie to date, has the best songs, and even has the perfect one liner quotes that are still used today. "Nobody puts Baby in the corner"
5. Nobody Put Baby In The Corner - I love this movie this is my all time favorite movies I LOVE PATRICK SWAYZE HE IS MY LIFE!!!!!! I also LOVE JENNIFER GREY she is amazing and very pretty!!!! I honestly don't know what I would do or how I would live without watching this amazing perfect cute sweet special extraordinary movie of all time!!! When I first saw this movie I was like oh hell yeah this is my FAVORITE MOVIE!!!!
Release date: 2010-11-24 Genre:Drama $12.99
1. Good movie, stupid premise - The soundtrack is awesome. Some of the writing and the way the scenes are played is kind of cliche, but the acting is addicting at the same time. The premise is pretty ridiculous though: a girl who dreams of being a singer longs to work at what is just one step up from a strip club? As if that's such a desirable place to work...Way to aim high girl...Really says something about whoever wrote this film. But if you can get past the ridiculously stupid premise, it's a pretty good movie.
2. Tired, but hard to refuse... - Let's face it -- Burlesque is the most bombastical, predictable dud in years. From the get-go we know the story, the characters, and pretty much exactly how things are going to wind up.
Aguilera is decent in a shallow, stereotypical role that gives her little challenge. The rest of the supporting cast provide the eye candy that they presumably were asked to provide.
For a movie titled Burlesque, it's quite unexciting. It's very apparent that filmmakers aimed for a PG- rating to gain the young crowd. Aguilera has a terrific voice and belts out some good (if forgettable) songs throughout.
Lucky for Burlesque, it has one phenomenal thing going for it. And her name is Cher. Cher has always been a most natural actress with a powerhouse voice that stands alone. Her character Tess is interesting because Cher makes her so. It's an ashamedly underwritten part that she still inhabits and gives layers and nuances enough to make us wish the entire film was about Tess instead of Aguilera's lead. She also has some playful moments & good chemistry with co-star Stanley Tucci.
There are two moments in Burlesque where Cher (literally) takes stage and blows us away with her talent. Her performance of the song "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" in the latter part of the film is absolutely powerful. I wanted to give her a standing ovation. The movie is far from perfect (Cher her outspoken self proclaimed she wasn't happy with the result). I wanted less cliche, more realism and more Cher. It's poorly written script is its biggest flaw. Yet it's a must-see for Cher's performance and some good moments stuffed in between the loads of stereotypes.
3. Star And Beyond - Critics are weird for saying this movie ain't that good. Honestly they just don't know what a good movie is such as this one. Favorite movie ever, such a great art form and inspires me to not give up on my dreams and to fight for what I want. I would recommend this to anyone. Definently stars forever
4. Yeah I'm a Fan - Yeah I'm a fan of Christina Aguilera . But I don't just like it because she's in it . I have strong opinions on movies and music so if I don't like a movie then it's not good. Anyway this movie was good from the dramatic start to the musical ending . The only bad thing is that it reminds me of Moulin Rouge . That's all I have to say
5. I can't stop watching - Ok i read some of the reviews and they said all Christina's fans would rate this rly good but I am not a big fan of Christina but I still thought the movie was rly good I loved the plot and the characters were realy nice I really liked the fact that Christina was a "good girl" when she first went to the club and then she was a " bad girl" overall I thought it was really good
6. Burlesque - As a Dancer, it gave me the chills when Christina dances and sings LIVE for the first time in the club and CHER says wait,,,, Raise the Curtain. Fosse choreography always stands tough. --- ---Let's see ANY of the critics writing bad reviews do even ONE Count of Eight..! Fools..! Can't Even Do the Hokey Pokey I'll Bet..!
7. Outstanding!! Love It!! - I figured if Cher & Christina Participated it must be a Good Movie. Neither Needs to take bad Roles & Christina Wouldn't Produce it, Risking Her Money if it was terrible. They were Outstanding!! Both are Incredible Singers & Dancers! Their Voices are Amazing & they were Cast Perfect! The Music & Dancing, Wow, Mesmerizing thru out, I've watched it Several times! The Cast was Perfect, Loved Everyone in this Movie!! Everyone put a lot of Hard work into this, it shows & I think it paid off!! My Husband was a Reluctant Viewer, but took a chance, He Loves the Cast, as well. He Really Enjoyed it and also had exactly the Same Comments I made above. We Really Enjoyed it!! We Laughed quite a bit, it's well written!! Seductive, Serious, Funny, Beautiful to watch & Listen to. Cher is Still Beautiful & Belts it Out Perfect as Always!! Christina Stands Next to Cher Holding Her Own, As well, She's Beautiful with an Incredible Voice. The Other Singers & Actors Were perfect Choices!!
Release date: 1984-09-19 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. A classic of piece of juicebox history - There are a lot of reasons Amadeus is the best music history movie of all time. For some reason the verison i saw was the director's cut not the theatrical cut so dame shame. Either way Amadeus even without the original cut this movie is masterpiece because you have this court composer Antonio Salleri who after getting transeferd to the mental instutition which is a reference to Milos Forman's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Salleri tells his exprience and working with the spoiled and bratty Wolfgang Amdeus Mozart who is the king of music and he gets what he wants and i like that character study and his ark. This film really oversites the spolied Amadeus as he descents into madness with his rich fooly and his failed plays i enjoyed a well-made Amadeus character study then a biopic of Wolfgang but the actor who played Amadeus looked like a young Ryan Gosling so bad choice Hollywood /
2. Directors Garbage Grab Bag - I unwittingly acquired the directors version.
What a waste of money and space I truly wish it were completely eraseable from itoons
in memory I would love to just listen to the theatrical version of the movie overall the directors version - in the words of salieri replace one (line) there would be diminishment replace one phrase the structure would fall.
the theatrical version was great why not just leave it at that that was truly the directors cut yea he had to cut it to make the theatrical version
call this silly version something to help you steer clear try amadeus - added gibberish
or amadues - my stool included
Maybe - amadeus too many notes
There it is.
3. Great Film - The history is inaccurate, though there are some historical tidbits that have a tiny bit if this if you look it up. but not really relevant. The what if they run with is exceptionally well done and exposes the thesis well which is the genius and the talented enough to recognize he is not the genius the other is - and the fairness of life/God in that. Besides, you will be exposed to real composed music and will as well learn something if you are not as familiar.
4. Watch Amadeus but not directors cut - I love Amadeus. The struggle of Salieri is so real for anyone who lives with impossible passion. Every character is deep and the music amazing. But for the love of all good entertainment, don't watch the directors cut. It changes the story line just too much and in all the wrong ways. Stay with the released version. The theatre released version is just soooo good.
5. Very disappointing - The theatrical release is a much better film. While the director's cut adds to some of the overall story, I found it to mostly disrupt the flow and continuity of the original release. The original release is the gold standard here. One of the best films made. This director's cut diminishes this film.
6. Excellent Movie - Amadeus is an excellent film. By the time you are done watching it, if you weren't a classical music fan already, you will be when you are finished. Besides that, the acting has a lot of power and personality, and the film has a surprising amount of comedy and some very engrossing drama. It is very artistically accomplished, and features some grand set pieces and the music of Mozart is always a plus. It is a little slow at times, which is what prompted me to give it four stars rather than five, but it is otherwise great. Buy it, I think it will become an important piece in your movie collection.
7. Director’s Cut is a disappointment :( - First of all, this movie is among the top of all movies ever made and it always will be. It is absolutely genius. Absolutely. Genius. Every element is perfectly executed and the story and struggle hits something very deep in human nature. However! I watched the Directors Cut last night and I’m sorry to say, those scenes should have remained on the cutting floor. Not one added scene enhanced the overall. For the most part, they included extraneous explanation, tangents which do not support the central story and flat out curve balls which were degrading to the characters. And there is at least more than a half hour of added stuff. It’s been interesting for one viewing, but my unreserved praise for the very streamlined, focused and quality-consistent film that is Amadeus does NOT apply to the director’s cut. Rent if you’re curious, but don’t buy.
8. GREAT PERIOD PIECE, ON ITS OWN TERMS - There’s SO much to like about this film - beautiful music, period locations, costumes - but you must accept it for what it is. (I too prefer the more streamlined original version over this Director’s Cut Version). Amadeus the film was based on Peter Shaffer's successful play. Both somewhat fictionalized composers Mozart and contemporary Antonio Salieri. A theme in this and other plays by Shaffer is a character angry at God. Here, he uses Salieri to set up the idea that God gives good gifts (incredible music talent) to people who are not worthy, because of lacking devotion or good, moral character. This apparent injustice - the devoted servant of God is mediocre, while the "careless sinner” Mozart has talent Salieri can only dream of - is the real story. This perceived injustice tension carries the film, and along with it you get to see and hear some of the best music and opera ever made. BTW: Salieri fails to see that his own sin is having made an idol out of great musical success, to the point of putting it above the God he serves, ultimately renouncing God. Mozart was not, in actual life, as vulgar a fellow as the movie makes him out, nor was Salieri as mediocre a talent. But if you keep in mind the bigger picture, it’s quite an enjoyable picture. The film makes excellent use of music appreciation. There are several scenes that teach and show, entertainingly, what makes his music so great (and what makes less-than-great music so, too).
Release date: 2004-10-29 Genre:Drama $9.99
1. A beautiful biopic of the true musican Ray Charles - This beautifuly acted biopic of legendary pino player Ray Charles is abouslety amazing. They treat Ray Charle's life as some kind of magic trick or a well shot piece of filmmaking, Jamie Foxx was the perfect choice as Ray Charles if anyone can peal it off as Ray Charles is the wonderful Jamie Foxx because this movie has good acting and wonderful music throughout i highly recommend Ray it's a masterpiece.
2. Amazing - This movie showed the true aspects of Ray Charles' real life. They couldn't have picked anyone better than Jamie Fox; he was absolutely incredible and captured Ray's person as well as his music perfectly. It really shows the struggles of musicians lives, and shows how music effects people. I recommend this movie to any Ray Charles lover, and honestly to anyone else.
3. Good film - This review is to the person that gave this film two stars..... Seriously?? This was actually a real story not made up.. Yep he was addicted to heroin, yes he was blind, and yes he was a genius.... Ray was Jamie foxx's idol, and even if it was for the money that still doesn't make the film any less good to give it two stars
4. I love this movie!!!! - This movie is great. They picked great actors to play ray. He is my role model. He should be a great influence on everyone because he is so inspiring!! It is truely an inspiring movie. My moto for this movie is that Ray always kept moving forward and he always kept trying even though he had obstacles. Once again, great movie and awesome person.
Release date: 2000-09-13 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Kate's best - I bought this on the sale a $. movie. Loved it. Don't know how I missed seeing it when it came out, but glad I bought it for my library . I know I'll watch it again at a later date. When you travel or have to wait for ppl - it's great to have good flicks loaded to watch. And unlike utube and Netflix- I never have issues with my iTunes ty guys and gals
2. Bring "Untitled" director's cut to iTunes please!! - This is hands down my favorite movie, but the theatrical cut that is here on iTunes, is inferior to the "Untitled" directors cut. I prefer my movies in digital download format, so I very much hope iTunes will bring the directors cut to iTunes asap! Thank you
3. Should have been nominated for Best Picture - Here’s one that escaped a Best Picture nob for reasons unbeknownst! It’s all here. A beautiful story of love unrequited and redemption, truly exceptional acting (ESPECIALLY from Kate Hudson), a knock-out soundtrack, all weaved together by seamless directing, editing and production.
4. Best movie I watched this year - It was such a warm movie. The cast was amazing and I never thought this would be a great close cast, so by the end I was astonished. I love this movie but I love the bootleg cut even more. Thank you Cameron Crowe for using your story, an amazing soundtrack and choosing an incredible cast.
5. Almost Perfect - This film is, by far, my favorite film that has drama, music, comedy, adventure, and romance all in one package. Why? Because this was written and executed from the heart. You can literally feel the sincerity and the lasting impression that this story (based on an actual experience by director Cameron Crowe) had on its architect. The fact that this film has a few flaws, but that those flaws show the humanity of the film, make it 'Almost Perfect.'
6. I'M A GOLDEN GOD - Every time I watch this movie, it's like the first time. Everything about this movie is perfect…the cast, the music, the costumes. I just want to live in this s haze and be Penny Lane. This movie is so raw, and visually stunning. These characters are real, big hearts and big dreams. No matter the time period, this story is about growing up, whether you're or .
7. What Do You Love About Music?? - To begin with... Everything. What can I say that anyone else on here hasn't already said in one way or another?!? It'll make you laugh, it'll make you cry, it'll make you wish you too were on that broken-down, but ever-lovable tour bus (Doris) in that hot, unbelievable and life-changing summer with every single one of these amazing perfectly-acted characters for ... And for the rest of your life. If you love music, "so much that it hurts," this is your film. Kate Hudson and Patrick Fugit in their first "big" Hollywood roles have never shined any brighter. "Tiny Dancer" will never, ever sound quite the same. There will never be another Penny Lane. And Cameron Crowe couldn't have done a single better job of writing a love letter to his youth, his past, his wild adventures, his friends, the bands and to the supremely intense joy--that this film so effortlessly makes everyone remember--that "MUSIC, true music" brings into all of our lives, at one time or another. Hands-down--ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER MADE. Enjoy!! xxx
8. Rocking Awesome Movie - This movie is AMAZING!!! I love how retro it is and the soundtrack is awesome. If your looking for a movie that has dramatic, funny, exciting, and lovey dovey moments all rapped into a totally rocking movie, this is the movie to get. Definately worth the some-ten bucks! Just get it...YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!
Release date: 1968-07-17 $12.99
1. The Best Thing I've Ever Seen In My Life - When I first saw ElectricDragon's review on his YouTube channel, I really wanted to watch it because I have always been a long time fan of The Beatles. And when my sister and I watched it it when we rented it at the Sacramento library it became my number one favorite movie. The Beatles themselves are really likable and stay true to their actual personalities. Not just the Beatles themselves but also Old Fred, Jeremy, and even the Blue Meanies were really cool bad guys. A must watch for all Beatles fans!
Release date: 1992-11-25 Genre:Romance $14.99
1. I don’t know why... - I really liked this film and I don’t know why. Ms. Houston’s acting was stilted and I could certainly tell that it was Whitney Houston acting a part which is not what one should notice. There was little or no chemistry between Costner and Houston. The script was not that well developed and some parts were painfully awkward to see as the actors fumbled toward a connection. The soundtrack was amazing, though, and I believe that that carried the whole film.
2. The Bodyguard movie - I cannot get enough of this movie! I bought the DVD, also bought on our cable service, and for my IPad also! How I wish the beautiful Whitney Houston was still with us! She gave one amazing performance! I read Kevin Costner picked her to play Rachael Marron. Thank you, Mr. Costner!
3. Cool Drinking Game! - Every time Costner flutters his eyelashes in close-up, you and your mates toast this awful film. Bonus if it's that same angle on the left side of his face. They spent more time lighting Costner than Whitney- imagine lighting your female lead so the pockmarks in her face are thrown into sharp relief. That's this movie.
This is one of those films, which would have been better watched when it came out. The attraction of seeing Whitney notwithstanding, it is not aging well. There was more action in the background of the scenes. Whitney was beautifully costumed.
4. Freaking amazing!!! - I absolutely love this movie!! Whitney houston I love you and miss you so much. I am so sad that he died and all of the people that said that this wasn't good, why don't u go up there and act when your original job was to sing. And she did a fantastic job for her first time acting so shut the hell up. Love u always Whitney! RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON
5. The Bodyguard - I loved this movie when it first came out..and I still love it...Kevin and Whitney are great together...they light up the screen and your heart...RIP Whitney your singing and acting are great in this movie..And what a tribute Kevin gave to you at your funeral...It seems he loved this lady ...(waited a year so she could finish touring and be in the movie)...A great show...Enjoy!
6. Short Rental Periods!! - I don't understand why iTunes does this: they load the rental into your Library for almost a month. But after you start watching the movie, they only give you hours to complete watching it. What on earth? What if it's not convenient for me to finish watching a movie within hours? Lending you the movie for -odd days but only allowing hours to watch it sounds like a switcheroo to me. About The Bodyguard: it's an entertaining piece of movie candy. She is very green as an actor, but its nice to see her looking so young, beautiful and racking up more superstar creds.
7. She Had It All - This lady was so much more than just a singer. She was beautiful, she was "THE VOICE", and she could act. By most accounts she was blessed with a wonderful personality and a humanitarian's heart. I did not personally know her but I've read about her and watched many of her interviews. Whitney was first and foremost a GIVER. I thank her and love her dearly for bravely giving of herself even when she was at her most insecure and unsure. I pray when I am called home that one of the first sounds I hear is her mellifluous voice worshipping the Father with the heavenly choir. By the way, iTunes, where or when will you be selling the music video for "I Will Always Love you"? I have looked everywhere to see if it was available for purchase.
8. Yup - When someone you know die you think about them cause you not going to see them anymore and you'll do anything to see them again, like videos r pictures...being famous everyone knew her but we loved what she did, which was make beautiful music and superb acting..anyways, I like Whitney Houston music, her acting and etc. didn't knew her but I knew she was a great singer and actress..so if anyone wants to rent or buy any off her movies/music it's because we can't believe it was to soon or because we can relate to any of her movies or songs! rip Whitney (((((((i just hate when people say the only reason her movies r album rising is because she's dead...smh that's people that don't have a life))))))
Release date: 2005-11-09 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Sociological Truth - Anyone who is not familiar with the trials and tribulations of African American street life, not familiar with the true history of human beings classified as Black or African American (which is often not properly taught or portrayed in the public school system), and have been socially engineered to view any entertainment material generated by Blacks or African Americans reflecting a street-type experience will view this movie as horrible. As a human being who can be called Black or African American with an awareness of what goes on in the streets, and what it means to be a human being whose true cultural legacy is often not known to the general public of America, I rate this movie with stars. May The Spirit of Divine Intelligence walk with you Curtis Jackson.
2. Its actually a great movie, its actually one of the most inspirational - its about overcoming obstacles and never going up, no matter how far in the dirt you are. You can keep hope and achieve your dreams like Cent did. This is all overall a true story, except maybe the end. Overall its truly powerful and me me cry like twice. I suggest reading Cent's book with Robert Greene "The th Law" before seeing this movie, its kind of a biography on Cent and also a sequel to Robert Greene's book "The Laws of Power". You'll get more insight on cent's truly astonishing life. I mean, he overcame death and rose from the ghetto parentless to becoming worth $,,
3. Makes more understandin....... - after i saw da film, i realize how part of it is more about cent's demised and rise from da day his mother is murder to the alot of moments of how his charactor , Marcus, has croos the line to make act of violence as a gangster and decide to live a life as a hip-hop artist, but left as a result of gettin shot times. has alot of drama, alot of people who want to hav it all, and bits of 's backstory, but the rest is fiction. it's a great movie.
4. Rotten Tomatoes Wrong Again - i'm never trusting rotten tomatoes again...all the pros are saying this movie is bad when the real people watching it say its great.....and what makes a movie great, wat the pros think bout it or how many copies sell??? so i dont understand how rotten tomatoes can give bad reviews yet theres nt one bad review from the actual consumers....btw this is a great movie...love it and cent
Release date: 1980-06-20 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. Instantly A Favorite - I love this movie. From the music to the scenes, this movie has it all. Tons of great music, comedy, and quotes; it's hard to not love it! My band teacher first showed me this movie because we were playing I Can't Turn You Loose and Everybody Needs Somebody, but after seeing those scenes, I couldn't help but buy the movie to see it all, and I've shared it through my family, becoming a favorite of the household. Defintely worth the purchase!
2. Hilarious Movie - This is in my opinion the perfect comedy. Hilarious catchphrases, funny acting, and hilarious plot. But the best part I would have to say is the amazing soundtrack, it is just absurdly good. If you are looking for a great comedy to watch with friends or if your just feeling like laughing this movie will surely fit into either situation.
3. I Have Seen the Light! - I totally love this movie. It really shows off not only Chicago (they actually filmed one part not to far from my relative's house), but blues music as well. I have never seen a movie that makes me laugh so much no matter how much I watch it as well as make me dance and sing along. It's got a bit of everything...action, romance (well, from a flame-throwing, gun toting Carrie Fisher who is awesome in this!), music, dancing, comedy, drama, cowboys, cops, swat, and the dreaded Illinois nazis. Great cameos by great musicians and actors alike. Plus, it actually gives a good message. Don't think about it...just get it! "I Have Seen the Light!"
4. You will not like this movie if... - You don't like James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, John Lee Hooker, Cab Calloway and their music, unless... You do like Belushi, Aykroyd, Bill Murray, John Candy, Lando Princess Leia or Car chases. or Rawhide! Otherwise it's probably the best movie ever made.
5. Downright Horrible - I hate this movie the cast is horrible and i hate the plot i mean come on two loser muscians running away from the cops breaking and doing all this crap while singing along with Stevie Wonder it is is horrible maybe if you have already heard i hate Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi beleive me i have alot of resepect for the dead RIP John Belushi but i just didnt like him in thie movie thats all.
6. Continuing Mission From God - My favorite movie of all time. Comedy yes. Musical yes. Because it is so funny the film does not get the credit it deserves for its music. Yes also my favorite soundtrack. Even John Landis himself refers to this film as a musical comedy. A tip of the cap to our friends across the pond in the UK due to their choice of the Blues Brothers as the best soundtrack beating out Pulp Fiction. Enjoy if you have never given this film a chance. You will not be disappointed. This film also allowed me to open my musical horizons as I grew up listening to the Blues, Big Band, Jazz and much more. Thank you Dan Aykroyd
7. missing scences?? - I have watched this movie many many times I just watched off of itunes. where is the scence where the two troppers and the cop when going to get the boys from the motel say hi to Sam, also where is the scence where they park the blues mobile under the "L" train?? Did I miss them or not??
8. The Blues Brothers - This movie was made at the height of Dan Akroyd's and John Belushi's popularity. They could have put out almost anything and it would have made millions. Instead, they made an absolutely GREAT movie, one that will be considered one of the best movies of its genre long after people have forgotten SNL, Dan and John.
Release date: 2010-08-06 Genre:Drama $19.99
1. Step up - Awesome. It is an amazing movie on dancing and romance (sort of) it has a great beat to your heart. By far a really good movie because the dances and the connections to a real life teen going through a double major between dancing and engineering. That is why I give this movie a star rating.
2. definately better than any of the previous step up series. - i first have to say that the critics that gave this any rotten tomatoes have no appreciation for the arts. to say that this is geared towards mixed martial arts?!! where did that come from? also saying it is only for the youth?! i am and enjoyed this movie in d as well as d. the previous step up movies were all drama and little dance, where this movie is alot of dance. even the love scenes are incorporating dance and other art. i cant wait until step up revolution goes on sale. that was good as well, but i still think step up is the all out best. anyone remember beat street, breakin , breakin , or krushgroove? this is real b boy right here. This style of dance has been around since before DJ'S started spinning turntables! older than rap if i am right. ORIGINAL HIP HOP AND B-BOY WILL NEVER DIE! PEACE. .
Release date: 1984-03-09 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. They changed my life - After attending a small eastern US college for seven years, I dropped out to follow Tap around the country on the Smell the Glove tour profiled in this film. It proved difficult, since many of the shows were cancelled, but I was able to interact and commune with other TapHeads and reflect upon the meaning of the music during the weeks between shows. For me, the Willie Nelson Farm Aid show in will forever be etched in my mind for the sheer power (and loudness) of the band. I remember seeing Nigel Tuffnel on the Phil Donahue show explaining the importance of Eastern thought and British industrial might being blended together in the songs showcased by this rockumentary. It is a life altering band, collection of songs and movie. You won't regret it.
2. THIS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! - There will be people who hate this movie. Hell, I didn't "get" it the first time I saw it. But now I really like the film and I'd have to know you to know if you would like the movie or not. I say that you rent it somewhere else, watch it a second time to make sure you like/hate it, then buy it if you want to. So I only reccommend it to certain people. Grade: A-
3. How Can We Leave This Behind - Money Issues. Spandex. The Manager. Popchart burnout. How many Marshalls can fit on a stage. Dwarves. The Girlfriend. Genius rivalries. Exploding and disappearing drummers. Hair. Split-up drama. Bizarre clothing enhancements. Food arguments. Prop Failures. LOTS of Hair. Lyrics that would make a sailor blush. All in four chords. But DON'T touch that guitar. Not that one. This movie is hilarious if you've never been in a band and know little about the s and s. If you lived in the s-s it's completely spot-on in too many ways, and still more hilarious. And if you've ever been in a band, in any era at all, every step of it will make you wince with recognition and howl laughing until your stomach hurts. Christopher Guest at his finest! This one goes to .
4. hmmm - "quite honestly, i believe our main concern was the fact that we had a stonehenge monument, that was in danger of being crushed, by a dwarf..." haha great movie.... "thats quite an interesting shirt you have there-" "oh, you like it... its my complete inner structer, done on a t-shirt..." "thats great... exept its not green-" "upp... it is... you see how your blood looks blue..." (points at forarm, twards his veins) "well, that isnt your blood, thats the color of the vien, your blood is actually red..." "oh, well i dont know, its just a cool shirt..."
5. But these go to eleven - I love this movie, prob my fave movie... I found out about it by [adult swim]'s Metalocalypse (well while reachercing that, I came across Spinal Tap).... I bought the movie and I'm obssessed.. I love it, great music, sorta reminds me of Quiet Riot's Metal Health! :) so all you teens who like Metalocalypse Derthklok, watch this and love it....
6. A must see, but know that the DVD has hours of unused footage! - Very funny satire of a classic rock band, a must see for any rock fan. I have to say that I rented the DVD and was surprised to find that it has a lot of unused footage! If you've never seen this film iTunes is a great way, click the button! If you're a fan of the movie you should really get the DVD - the bonus material is totally worth it!
7. Never seen it, but it is AWESOME!!!! - I have never seen this movie, but I give it stars anyway cause I know it will be awesome! Kinda like I knew I would like "Dr Stangelove, or How I Learned to Love the Bomb." I knew I would love that move, and you know what I did! This movie will be way better. Spinal Tap ROCKS!!!!!!
Release date: 1993-06-25 Genre:Drama $17.99
1. Queen of Rock and Roll - This film is loosely based on the international best seller, “I, Tina” which Tina Turner continued in with “My Love Story” followed by a highly successful musical on Broadway and an HBO documentary, “Tina” originally due in theaters, but stopped by the COVID- outbreak, it brought HBO Max its highest documentary ratings by viewership. The movie is awesome, but barely touches the extent of the abuse she suffered….. but, she rose again like a phoenix. The Tina Turner story I think we can all relate to in some way. So, never let anything keep you down. Tina Turner is the ultimate example of never giving up!
Release date: 2001-06-05 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Bug in the system? - I absolutely love this film and there aren't enough good things to say about it. I few years ago I stumbled upon the Tom Hank's Directors cut and found another version of the film that i enjoyed maybe even more. What confuses me is the directors cut version played from the cloud last week, and now this week its back to the theatrical release when I picked up where I left off. A little confusing why both versions aren't offered and I'm super confused as to how a glitch even happened.
2. I absolutely love That Thing You Do - Ever since catching it on video one night years ago I've been nuts about this tale of four boys from Erie, PA. I've seen it probably a half dozen times and listened to the soundtrack endlessly. It is on my "top movies to have on a desert island" list.
I can't say enough how much I adore this movie. Funny. Touching. A little romantic. Great music. The cast is fantastic... if you haven't seen it. Watch it. Now. A huge thanks to Tom Hanks for making this!
3. Great movie - I rented this movie and instantly wished I bought it. I've seen this movie in it's entirely or clips of it only a handful of times over the years since it's release to the big and small screen. It's such a fun and family friendly movie of a one hit wonder (fictiotious) R&R band forever known for it's catchy tune during the 's. I have the soundtrack for a few years and enjoyed the tunes on it. Granted it was cut for the film but it does echos the era wonderfully. Granted I'm in my late 's, the songs fit the era, making it seem like the listener wished they were around for good rock and roll music or transported back to their high school or college loves. Two thumbs up for a great movie/soundtrack. This is such a good movie for a date night or family night. Too bad iTunes goes to stars, this is definatly worth .
4. Just keep makin' music - There isn't anything about this movie I don't love. It is realistic without being depressing. Steve Zahn's character just cracks me up every time - this movie made me look for Zahn in other movies. And Ethan Embry will always be T.B. Player to me. And I love Hanks' creation of the Play Tone executive. He's promoting the band, and he's doing it for Play Tone, but he is not the evil overlord oppressor. The music, the kids, the acting -- this movie is just fun!
5. If you like Hairspray, you'll love That Thing You Do - Tom Hanks: director, writer, as well as composer of some of the songs, shows he has even more talent than I thought possible. If for no other reason than to see what Hanks can do off-camera, see That Thing You Do. It's one of my favorites. If you like this one, try "Hairspray" -- a feel-good musical set in the same era -- and "Grace Of My Heart", a more sober film about a pop composer in the 's, 's and 's.
6. That Thing You Do! rocks - I first watched it in my BAND class, for Chris'sakes, and in my band class if we ever watch any movies they're cheesy. Ok, ok this is cheesy too, but I am addicted to the song!!! Everyone would look at me like I was crazy when I would sing along.... But if you're thinking of renting it, do it! It's awesome!
7. An Absolutely CLASSIC, MUST OWN, Movie! - I loved this move the first time I saw it, when it came out in theaters in . I have watched it many, many, MANY times, over the past years, and I have loved it EVERY SINGLE time. This IS a true CLASSIC movie. It's a great story, catchy tunes and just a joy to watch, over and over again.
8. Best Movie Ever! - This is a great movie! I've seen probably a thousand times, and have every word commited to memory. It's a really funny movie, and it gets funnier the more times you watch it. It's a great family movie, nothing explicit, and minimal swearing if there is any at all. Best movie ever in my opinion!
Release date: 2006-11-22 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. One of the funniest and best rock movies. - If you love Tenacious D, Then you’ll love this film. Don’t listen to any of these moronic critics cause they don’t know crap. What both this movie and the Tribute music video have in common is that they both have the same director and both features Dave Grohl as Satan.
2. One of the best ROCK movies... - I MEAN , in my opinion it is epic from start to finish. IN what movie besides 's Crossroads kinda sorta do you get to see a giant guitar battle take place on earth against the devil with great music I ask you? Very few I find ( or ?) Also, the D rules is general so, you know, whatever man. Juxtaposed to Crossroads, at least the people in the movie can actually play their instruments instead of letting Steve Vai just do all the work. Hail the D yo, hopefully "Rage Kage" will stick around a little longer and maybe crank out another album with Kyle, that would be cool. Maybe even get a collaboration with the members from Trainwreck, it would be cool to get Lee back.
3. Now one of my favorites!!!! - words. This movie isfreakingawesome!!!!!! Granted I was drunk when I watched it and laughed my butt off, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't hilarious!!! I had always wanted to see it but now I am kicking myself for not watching it sooner. Either rent this movie or buy it, however you get it the fact remains the same.....this is a must watch!!!!!!!
Release date: 2007-02-14 Genre:Comedy $7.99
1. Music and Lyrics - I love Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant's chemistry and budding romance. Drew Barrymore is a dream girl in this movie. Their duet is touching and Grant's voice is awesome, I though he was a real singer. It's a touching, rewarding love story that shows hard work and positive thinking and actions yield positive results.
2. Formulaic 'hugh grant' RomCom - What I liked most about this movie wasthe message of bringing 'soul' into a song. I'm a big fan of the movie, "Love Actually" and I would not rate this movie as high as Love Actually. Well acted but there seemed to be a lack of chemistry between Hugh and Drew. Although, I must say, I believe that Hugh helped tone down Drew's usual ditziness. Rent this if you have no other choices or want some visuals while playing Pocket Frogs.
3. Funny, sweet, and very entertaining - Hugh Grant is one of my favorites, and he does not disappoint in this film. Loved that he played a 'washed up' musician ready to throw himself back in the spotlight. Drew Barrymore was great in her role, and I loved how she and Grant worked so well together. Their characters are nicely developed as the story progresses. Well worth the time. Very enjoyable.
4. Fun to watch, love the music - For anyone that grew up in the s with all the pop bands - or for those that didn't - this is a fun movie! Drew and Hugh have some excellent chemistry and good comic timing playing off one another. I had no idea that either one could sing, but the music is really good. Hugh's dry sense of humor shines. The soundtrack is very catchy! I must have watched this about times on cable over the last year. Its one of those comedies you'll watch over and over, so it's worth owning a copy.
5. Adorable and Hilarious! - I loved the movie. Great chemistry, funny characters, great script (funny!), and entertaining, original songs that were right on target. (I really enjoyed Hugh's dance moves--laughed so hard I almost cried.) Just remember--motorcycle handles and that "pop" hip movement (ouch!). I was a teen in the 's and can really appreciate making fun of the past with the cheesy music that is still quite good! This is one of those movies that you never get tired of watching.
6. ONE WORD: AWESOME! - I'VE GOT ONE WORD FOR THIS MOVIE: AWESOME! THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITES! DREW BARRYMORE PUTS ON A FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE. THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN DREW BARRYMORE AND HUGH GRANT IS INCREDIBLE! IF YOU ONLY BUY ONE MOVIE ON ITUNES CHOOSE THIS ONE! GUYS, BE WARNED- THOUGH IT'S A GREAT MOVIE IT IS A BIT OF A CHICK FLICK!
Release date: 1965-07-29 $17.99
1. The Beatles are legends! - We had this movie recorded on Betamax when I was a kid back in the ’s. I must have watched it times... memorized most of the lines and we’d act out the scenes with my friends. It was my late introduction to the Beatles and I fell in hard and never left. I spent the next year buying every single one of the Beatles’ albums (vinyls) after that with my allowance. A fun, silly movie with beautiful music. A movie you feel more than watch. For the best band that will ever exist
Release date: 2007-11-21 Genre:Drama $12.99
1. Musical Magic Realism - If you believe that we are all somehow connected, if you believe that we are all born with certain beautiful gifts, if you believe that you and your children can manifest something amazing, then this is a film you will love. Take your son, take your daughter, take your handkerchief!
2. Perfect for the music lover - If you're as in love with music as I am, you will love this movie. While I acknowledge that it is a little corny and unrealistic, I appreciate the concept, and it's truly inspiring that someone will use the power of music to find their loved ones. Music is an amazing force, that can bring people together, and bring memories back that have long since been forgotten. It can heal the sick, and give hope and happiness to a world that seems to have none. And that is exactly what this movie is trying to say.
3. i saw the story, but the movie went another way - I enjoyed it .THO i wish the story leaned more towards the history of the other members in the "KIDS" family. it's heartbreaking at some points, but uplifting TOO LATE TOO LITTLE in the end. THAT's irritating. Take it like a great fast food combo meal, but TOO MUCH ICE in your cup and little soda. when your thirstin FOR a bit more SWEET, more happy and less dreary/hardship.
Release date: 2017-06-16 Genre:Drama $9.99
1. Tupac fan - I believe Tupac was a powerful and blessed brother. I looked up to Pac as an older brother and I could relate to many of the topics he spoke on. Based on that, this movie makes an attempt to showcase that reality, while I do not necessarily agree with how a lot of events played out. I wish Jada was in the movie to speak on what her relationship was with Pac, as best friends etc. Pac is relevant today because his ability to articulate drama in the U.S.A. goes without saying. The truth hurts at times. PAC’s historical review on how people of color were/are treated speaks volumes. I think you will appreciate the movie . Here is my final point on PAC’s interviews. If you saw his responses in interviews, you could see he was able and willing to respond with a measured and flagrant manner. He was not always on MPH but occasionally cruised at or the speed limit. Judge for yourself and I think that aspect of the movie could have reflected that more while understanding why Pac went -.
2. A Big and clear mistake - it was a decent movie... but doesnt stand up next to straight out of Compton... acting was very average... the background actors were incredibly bad... the biggest mistake is that they dont even acknowledge tupac and biggies beef... and not even a little bit.. beside the famous diss from tupac, if you did not know the story between the two you would litterally have NO idea that they ever had beef... and that is a very crucial part of the story and very well could be the reason pac died... poor directing by benny.. they should have kept singletary on the film instead
3. I'm sorry Pac - I waited so long to watch this movie. I've been a fan since his first album and followed pac there after. This movie was horrible. Pac had so much passion and everything he did was perfect. pac would be so disappointed in this movie. It's an embarrassment. Hopefully a real director will do him justice and really give this legend a movie that is worthy of such a great man! RIP Pac
4. It's ok - Some mistakes in the movie like some scenes weren't true but if you are new to pac or never knew his story it should be good for you. It had great actors too so I give a overall and I bought it because it's something I can show people who no nothing and I think it will make people respect him more as a person and artist.
5. Super amazingly dope classicly iconic - This film was made with a lot of heart and soul which bleeds from the film into your heart. Pacs life is too big for one file but these guys did an amazing job catching a rainbow. Which is nearly impossible. Tupac is the goat and this movie made sure you knew why. Long live Pac. Suge Knights role was amazing as well. Thumbs up to casting.
6. Not bad - Since this is my era. I'm a huge Pac fan. I feel like the actor portraying Pac did a good job. But he didn't possess Pac charisma. Like you felt Pac when he spoke. The smile and charisma def wasn't there. But it's a good movie. I feel like the guys that did straight out of Compton could've done better. Supposedly Jon singleton dropping his own version.
7. It wasn't the best & it wasn't the worst - This movie showed us who Tupac the man/artist was not Pac the Thug, & a lot of people wanted to see Pac the thug. If you are a true Tupac fan then you'll go see this movie, if you are just a fan of Pacs music then you are already lost and ain't no trying to talk to you period. If you weren't at least when Tupac died, then there is no conversation for you guys, because you are just fans of Pac's music. Now if you were or older when Tupac died, your opinion is valid. Also make sure you Tune into my podcast show on iTunes, The Live Show.
8. I just pre ordered the movie - As a Pac fan since the early 's , I'm white btw,
Grew up on University Blvd in Florida, only real street people know what I'm talking about...
Anyway, haven't seen the movie however Pac was is and Forever will be the greatest rapper of all time, biggie?, let the truth be told... couldn't tie Pac's shoes.
That's a fact.... Me Against The World is and Forever will be my always go to classic
Release date: 2013-08-30 $12.99
1. D Movie was... alright - Well first of all, the film was good. But let's be honest it wasn't what most girls/guys were saying on the reviews. It's not PERFECT and it's not as inspirational as I thought it would be. I think they should've touched MORE on their roughest moments and how they overcame it. Also, it just... wasn't very entertaining. I was actually a bit bored, but I suppose there were parts where I was grinning ear to ear. And It was good to watch- but the screaming fans was really making me want to delete the movie. I understand that D is built on their fans but this documentary is about them not the fans, other than those things it was alright. But to me I feel like it wasn't worth my $.. Overall, I give it a THREE stars because it didn't really live up to my expectations which were based off of these reviews.
2. DIRECTIONERS? yep, DIRECTIONERS! - Obviously, I am a directioner, so I am going to write a long review about them. Okay, fist of all that movies was blooming brill!! I loved every single second, it really felt like I was there with them and it wasn't all cheesy. IT WAS ACE! I watched the movie about times and every time I started even loving it more. I highly recommend this, and I bet DIRECTIONERS themselves already bough it, but this movie was pretty, scratch that, IT WAS FREAKING BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!! xx
Release date: 2011-10-14 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Footloose - I like both, but this one is my favorite. I watch this movie all the time. Comedy, Romance and Dancing all in one who couldn't like that!! Julianne and Kenny are so cute together!!! I don't care what other people say about the remake, it is amazing and thats finial so FIVE STARS all the way
2. Way better than the original - Possibly the greatest movie of all time. Every song is a total jam and it's an inspiring story of a small town's dream to dance. I recommend this movie to everyone and promise it's worth every penny. You'll fall in love with the characters and my only wish is that the movie could be longer.
3. Memories - The original footloose was one of mine and my cousins favorite movie to watch mostly because of the music, so I was curious how they would do recreating the movie and I have to say I loved it my daughter and I watched it several times and it warms my heart to think of my childhood times and now she also will have the same fond memories :)) defiantly a two thumbs up !!!!
4. Mediocre, but fun remake - This film is funny, interesting, and full of fun dance sequences. Unfortunately the whole movie is about rebellion and we see it all!! Sex, drinking, drugs, violence, grinding, and even a little twerking. The whole plot raps around teens getting drunk and losing there virginity.
PG-: strong language, sexual material including dancing, alcohol and drug use, violence, and thematic and emotional material- all involving teens
5. Love Love Love!!! - This is like my favorite movie!! I love that it has kind of a romantic twist. The music rocks! The dancing is amazing! And the story it tells is even better!! Tue sad thing is that this one is way better than the original. When I tried to watch the original I got bored less than halfway through but this one... Idk what it is but it's just SO GOOD!!!
6. This is not as bad as I thought but.... - The original was so much better. The soundtrack is better. I'm and I'm saying this. The leading man is attractive but he is not that great of an actor. Julianne Houghe gets on my nerves. They need to stop making remakes on classics. Make a remake of a movie that wasn't that popular, if you want a reamake. Rule to the children: Remake are mever better than the original, unless the original was bad.
7. Icky - I have never rated a movie, but…. I had to for this one.. I have to say that the original "Footloose" is so much better.. I am an eighties child and was disappointed to have wasted money on this monstrosity! There are much better actors that could have filled the roles in this movie and I agree with those reviewers who have said that this remake has done a disservice to the original "Footloose"!
8. Great Remake! - one of the unfortunately few fabulous remakes they have made. this movie sticks to the plot line and even remakes some of the scenes to make them look like the original. Go see this movie, it may be a remake but it is definently a strong film with substance. It even has remakes of the original soundtrack.. oh and i must say this .. Kenny Wormald as Ren?! freaking hot lets be serious!.. how much better can ya get?!
Release date: 2001-09-07 Genre:Comedy $12.99
1. Better than I thought it would be - While not particularly original, if you are a fan of rock music like myself you'll probably like this. Based on the true story of Tim "Ripper" Owens, the man who replaced Rob Halford in Judas Priest, the movies explores the cliches and stereotypes of eighties heavy metal. The plot line is pretty predictable (guy dreams of making it big as a lead singer, joins the band he's loved all his life, finds out he's being used and what he thought he wanted wasn't what he wanted at all, and realizes the moral of the story is to be yourself); any guitarist could have written it. Mark Wahlberg did a great job as Chris Cole, and many real life rock stars are featured, such as Zakk Wylde, Eddie Vedder and Jason Bohnam. The soundtrack is great, too. Overall, this film isn't a masterpiece but pretty good.
2. Good movie, great soundtrack - As a fan of 's speed metal and hair metal I love this movie, it's all about the hedonistic belief in sex, drugs and rock n roll (and what sacrifices one has to make following that lifestyle). What makes this film great is the score, they really did well creating the songs for the fictional band Steel Dragon, so much so that they could stand up next to other songs in the same veign. For those who want the songs there is the Rock Star soundtrack (iTunes doesn't carry it and I believe it is out of print so you may have to do some searching) or you can't purchase the Steel Dragon album "Lubricator" (also not on iTunes and is even harder to find than the Rock Star soundtrack).
3. One of my favorites - While I was a high school graduate, I was not into the rock scene at all. However, this movie spoke to me. Loved the music, the costumes, and the topic. The rise and fall of a rock star and the things they have to give up to achieve their success. Great flick. Loved mark Wahlberg's character and REALLY loved Timothy Olyphant...he has a great smile. Where is the soundtrack to this movie though?? Would love to have the ending song "Colorful" on my iTouch.