The 10 Minute Entrepreneur is a podcast for entrepreneurs and small business owners. Seasoned serial entrepreneur Sean Castrina shares quick hitting tips to help equip you for success. Both tactical and practical, Sean's advice will help you thrive.
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Hard to listen to - The interviewer can’t seem to let the other person finish a sentence before feeling the need to cut in. He does this particularly when he wants the listener to feel like the idea was his all along and not that if the interviewee. The interviewees handle it with a grace that I would not have.
2. Good meat but cocky delivery - There’s certainly a ton of valuable information that he shares. No doubting that. However, the way he shoves his own brilliance and success down the throats of the listeners is irritating. I will ALWAYS respect someone more when they have humility. Humility doesn’t take away from your smarts. Also they way he talks over those he interviews drives me up the wall. But if you are in need of bite size tidbits that have a lot of meat and information, here you go!
3. In tune with the way branding should be done - We can’t say enough poignant things about our interview with Sean. He’s BOLD, certain, and at the same time, absolutely in tune with the way branding SHOULD be done. It all starts with the story, and culminates with COMMITMENT. We were so impressed with his outlook and actions, we asked him to be on our podcast as well. We look forward to unveiling the story...and the star.
4. Serious value for serious entrepreneurs - I’ve been in the process of starting my consulting business and a friend of mine recommended this podcast. I must say, everything Sean talks about is inspiring and he gives actionable steps on mentor Mondays! The good and ugly side of business is explained on this show and I love it!!!
5. Charlottesville & Ferguson - I was with you and really liked your podcast. The way you talked to Zachary Babcock on one of your episodes offended me and probably any other person that was bothered by the Michael Brown killing as well as the the white supremacists in Charlottesville. Both of those events were not one off’s, it was just the events that got televised and a bunch of attention. You have the luxury of not having to worry about matters like that. Zachary wasn’t even trying to go there with you; he seems to be a good guy. You sort of showed who you are. I even heard you say “cotton picking” in the same conversation as you described a story in that episode. I wasn’t going to leave a review at first but I figured you probably don’t even know how offensive you were on this episode with your privilege. But, I figure you don’t care to have people like me listen to your podcast anyway. You’re the majority. I’m not. Peace. unsubscribed
6. Three Stars - Sean rants and pontificates, but he excels at entertaining listeners, choosing length, and instructing newbies. I liked the length, but Sean's tone ailenated, so I downgraded this from Four Stars to Three Stars and I unsubscribed. I suppose if you want an entrepreneurship podcast that last minutes and you can't find anything else, this might get you through a day of work. I get the feeling Sean is scolding and lecturing the listener during the podcast, and I prefer a different vibe.
Looking for mentorship from someone who has a track record of business success? Want to learn how to build a 1% lifestyle and develop the mindset of a champion? Are you a business leader looking to 10x your results so you can build your dream life? If you are unwilling to settle for the status quo, and looking for real, honest, business, leadership, and mindset conversations... look no further. Tune in each week to learn from Kelly Roach, a former Fortune 500 executive and NFL cheerleader tur...
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. Must Listen! - The Kelly Roach Show is a must listen each week! She keeps me informed of market changes and how I can navigate new challenges without gimmicks. She helps me stay focused on serving my clients and becoming the best in my industry. I will listen to Episode a few more times because there is so goodness packed in, but today’s take away is a brand that’s crystal clear on your one thing will convert X over ping ponging to different things! So good!
2. Very informative podcast! - Kelly shares her valuable experience from the corporate world as well as her coaching business! The timeless business principles that she provides to her listeners allow us to get from point a to point b at a quicker rate. I appreciate Kelly’s approach which is direct and clear in her episodes. Definitely, a five star podcast for business leaders!
3. Exceptional Podcast and Mentorship - I started off as a big fan of “The Courageous Brand," and am currently enrolled in Kelly's Inevitable Millionaire program. I have changed the direction of my life with the program alone, but this podcast has been an invaluable addition. These episodes are well worth listening and relistening to as Kelly's material is always spot on and specific to what's going on in our common experience, and you can feel she is always coming from a place of edification and elevation. Kelly is an amazing mentor/servant leader, and I highly recommend her podcast and programs to anyone seeking growth and development.
4. Real strategies to make massive shifts in your business - Kelly Roach is the real deal and adds value to my business and life any time I listen to her. She’s incredibly strategic when it comes to business growth, while also balancing presence and calm. Great podcast if you’re looking to build an empire and your dream life at the same time.
5. THE Podcast I look forward to every week! - Kelly’s podcast is so impactful Every. Single. Episode! The content is always insightful and relevant, and with every episode, I’ve become a more savvy, confident entrepreneur. The tips and strategies Kelly shares are digestible and doable, allowing you to move your business forward every week in a very intentional way. If you want to grow a heart-centered business aimed at having massive impact and the income to match it, this is the podcast you’ve been waiting for!
6. So much amazing information - I have learned so much through Kelly’s Podcast than any coach I’ve paid thousands of dollars too. If you aren’t subscribed, you definitely need too. I promise you won’t be disappointed. Marilyn B. Thank you Kelly for being upfront on the hard and necessary decisions we need to make. You’re the best!!!
7. The Damon West episode is so impactful - Just listened to Kelly’s interview with Damon West and I am amazed. I knew overnight successes weren’t really legit, but the mental toughness that he showed in his journey after prison is very inspiring. These two are so wise in their takes on mindset when it comes to entrepreneurship!
8. Super valuable, non-generic, real business talk - If you are looking for no nonsense, fluff free real talk about the ins and outs of growing a multimillion dollar business, this is the show for you! Kelly hits business, leadership, and a high performance mindset from all angles and will give you the actionable strategy you need for lasting success!
9. Huge value in small bites - How to Create Career Progression Opportunities In a Smaller Company is a huge topic that spoke to me. With so many small businesses around, including the one that I work for, it's been difficult to demonstrate what opportunities there are when the department's ceiling has been reached. As the business scales, and I or others are trying to grow to help scale that business, my vision of the department or my space in the company, especially after working with them for so long, may seem different than what the CEO envisions, or in further contrast, conflict because the CEO hasn't had a chance to envision the next steps, it's incredibly difficult to see the next progression. So this topic was great to hear and completely digestible in terms of its content and its length.
10. First CEO to break humdrum work life - While most companies struggle and drag their feet to keep their best teams intact. Ms. Kelly Roach is the first to cherish her team's happiness and wants to see them wealthy and have a wonderful life. Finding and holding onto those valuable employees to keep her company going is an innovation that will lead her company to become a legend.
11. Simply the most effective minutes you can bankroll. - Kelly’s practical wisdom of quick tips to improve daily business functions every entrepreneur struggles with is a breath of fresh air. She gets right to it. Kelly also reminds you consistently so that you make these tips a practice for change. It’s the best ROI on your time as a busy entrepreneur. She also has a soothing, get it done energy to get you moving to take action. Bringing spirituality into business softly. gratefulliving
12. Relatable mentorship - With all of Kelly’s success and accomplishments, it’s refreshing & rare to find an -figure earner that is SO adept at breaking down lessons and actions that are relatable and clear for aspiring entrepreneurs the way Kelly does - She is real, authentic and inspiring! Such value packed in this podcast.
13. Get Out of Your Way - Kelly has a genuinely happy projection. She give direct content with enough example and leaves you with absolutely no margin for less that maximum success. The information as presented has filled so many gaps left from other courses. Thank you Kelly, I am always ready for your next post.
14. Inspiring as I start my Fitness Business - I just started my online & in home fitness business, JuliaLemmensFitness.com a short couple months ago and started growing faster than I ever thought I could! As I was searching around for resources I came across Kelly’s show and have really enjoyed and appreciated having a “virtual mentor” in the Kelly Roach Show. Can’t wait to learn more and grow even more with strong & successful women to help & encourage me along the way.
15. Overwhelm Is My Middle Name - Well, not anymore. As Kelly simply states, “Rank your top three income sources with labels and tags.” I know, brilliant, right? From that, you’ll lead with a CLEARER path of what you should focus on and commit to on a consistent basis. This was the game changer for me. As a new business owner, I’ve build a prosperous network leveraging other audiences through organic referral marketing. But l was all over the place doing all the things experiencing overwhelm times ten. Seeking a solution for gaining focus and clarity was my top priority. Hence, I joined the Tribe of Unstoppables and now an active subscriber of the Unstoppable Entrepreneur Show podcast. After listening to this episode, I feel more confident about taking swift, strategic action on the bigger goals I’ve set for my consulting business without the overwhelm and a million to-do lists. Team Kelly, you ROCK!
16. K gems in almost every episode! - I discovered this show late last year and I’m already seeing results in my wallet and in my mindset thanks to the episodes I’ve listened to. Five stars just isn’t enough stars to reflect how good this show is. I love the no fluff and straight to the point focus of each episode. Thank you Kelly!
Ever wish you had a business mentor with over a decade of experience whispering success secrets in your ear? That’s exactly what you’ll get when you tune into the top-ranked Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast with your host, 9 to 5er turned CEO of a multi-million dollar business, Amy Porterfield. Her specialty? Breaking down big ideas and strategies into actionable step-by-step processes designed to get you results with a whole lot less stress. Tune in, get inspired, and get ready to discove...
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. Cut through the Noise - I have used much of Amy Porterfield's evergreen material in my business, but this episode blew me away. It clarified all the issues I have been experiencing and why lack of focus has been holding me back. Definitely will be pursuing the leads Rory Vaden has shared with Amy and her listeners. I recommend adding this podcast to your list, if you are seeking the best direction for moving your business forward.
2. Great conversational Podcast - Amy has a great way of interviewing people and I love the people she chooses to be on her program. They support her idea of different ways to market yourself. But the number one thing is who can I serve? Who can you serve? What kind of value do you have for other people?
3. Powerful! - I adore every interview that Amy does on the show. There has not been an episode yet where I have not felt compelled to grab my notebook or sticky notes and jot down ideas and feelings. Amy delivers actionable steps with a sprinkle of inspiration and love that makes you feel like you can move mountains!
4. Shorty Podcast on Book Launch Day - Loved this mini episode and the last few words you spoke really touched me: “You are enough just the way you are”…..”You are enough just BECAUSE you are”. I’ve read that, heard that, thought that and believed it all before and adding the word “because” is what really got me. Thank you for that! And congratulations on your book launch!
5. Five minute intro? - It took you nearly minutes to get started on the last show of yours that I listen to about the pros and cons of whatever I didn’t even make it that far. That’s ridiculous. Do you think people really have that kind of attention span? Now the people that have been with you this whole time, maybe… But cut the crap and get back to the basics. You’re way better.
6. Great marketing tips for course creators - I stumbled upon Amy in due to common connections referencing her. I’m glad I did. Hers was the first podcast that I’ve been listening to on a regular basis as I have been further launching my online course business. I highly recommend this podcast. And as a DCA student (now a alumni) and Momentum member, I find I learn something new with every show.
7. So much gratitude!! - I am SO grateful that I found Amy! She delivers such great insight and helpful information for all levels of business!! Her podcast is a wealth of amazing information that will help you so much no matter what stage of your business you are in!! And not to mention the podcast is just a piece of all the content and valuable knowledge that she shares!! Thank you so much Amy for your kind, encouraging and helpful content!!
8. Always more than one takeaway to implement - I love the authenticity that Amy brings to the podcast. Whether is a solo episode or a guest interview I always walk away with a new action item to implement or idea to consider. I’ve found so many valuable resources because Amy is committed to highlighting her favorite resources, system and processes. Thank you!
9. Love Her - I love Amy and everything she shares. I appreciate her honesty about the entrepreneurial life and how things aren’t always easy. Even though she has been doing this for a while she still shares her struggles and that to me is very endearing. She gives amazing tips and I am constantly learning from her. Thanks for being a great mentor. Catherine
10. Amazing Info for This Budding Entrepreneur! - I just completed Amy Porterfield’s List Builders Society course and learned so much valuable information that I feel confident moving forward with launching my online business. She also has a ton of really helpful free resources on her List Builders Library webpage. On top of all that, I learn something new in every podcast episode. Some of the tips I’m ready to implement now and some I’m taking note of for when I’m further along in my business growth. It is amazing how much content Amy has. She truly is an expert in her field and a fantastic resource for any budding entrepreneur. Amy is very relatable and breaks big topics down into manageable steps. Thank you Amy!
11. If you’re in business, you need Amy by your side - I discovered Amy Porterfield about six months ago and since then I’ve slowly built a deep appreciation for her. She’s down to earth yet offers tangible tips to help improve your business (and life). I can’t recommend her guidance and expertise enough. Follow her, listen to her podcast and buy her book.
12. Divorce, Break-Ups, & Transitions podcast was a WOW WOW WOW! - Wow! I just finished listening to episode “An Honest (& Vulnerable) Conversation About Divorce, Break-Ups, & Transitions as an Entrepreneur. The honesty and courage to share those stories was phenomenal. Thank you for creating and sharing that podcast with us.
13. My go to podcast for business inspiration! - First of all I want to say thank you Amy! I’ve been listening to your podcast for a few years now, and it keeps getting better and better. I love how open you are about what you and your team go through. I always leave our time together feeling refreshed, refocused and motivated! I love sending my favorite episodes to my sister and friends. I feel like I get to hang out with a bestie every time I tune in! You make big dreams feel attainable and you’ve helped my raise my standards for myself and my business.
14. Real Advice,insight and tools to grow your business - I enjoy this podcast. Amy gives you great information to grow your business and well as things to do to nurture your mind as an entrepreneur too. I love the shorty episodes of practical wisdom and things to get you through the ups and downs of running and growing a business. She also recommends other podcast to follow and books to read to support you on your journey too.
15. Extremely disappointed - Years of goodwill were just thrown away by this latest episode. Clicked to hear about using quizzes as a lead magnet (“Wisdom Wednesdays”) and was hit with a : commercial about pre-ordering her book. Ridiculous. Writing a book is an accomplishment that should be celebrated, but my feeling is that we will be hit with a constant barrage of commercials for it between now and February.
16. Subscription Box - Fantastic episode!! I love them all because each episode is filled with so many action items and “how tos.” The squirrels in my head are going to need extra nuts today with all the new ideas from this podcast episode. Thank you Amy, for always bringing so much value to each episode. You really set the standard for all of us. When I have an opportunity to listen to a podcast yours is always the first choice!
Author of "How Are You, Really?" Jenna Kutcher is redefining what success means and how you can find more joy, ease, and peace in the pursuit of your goals. If you’re ready to rewrite the parts of your life that are inauthentic so that you can move forward in confidence, it’s time to ask yourself the question you’ve been avoiding, "How Are You, Really?" Grab your copy today! How do I build my dream job? How do I make money online? Am I ready to leave my 9 to 5? How do I market my busine...
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. “How Are You, Really” by Jenna Kutcher - I just finished this book and it is really amazing. I plan to buy a copy for my three closest girlfriends because I know that they will learn so much. Everyone needs to ask themselves, how are you really? And to have the courage to answer honestly. Thank you, Jenna for being so honest in this book and sharing your life experiences. Well done.
2. This podcast helped me LOVE business! - As a dietitian with a background in nutrition science, eating disorder treatment, and body image coaching, I never thought I'd love business so much! The Goal Digger Podcast is one of those resources that gets me excited to not only learn more about business, but take bold action to help me make a greater impact in my life and the lives of those I serve. Jenna is the BEST!
3. Connection - I feel like I can connect with this podcast more then the other ones I listen to. I’ve started listening to podcasts for about week and I feel like I can just connect because a lot of the business things that you’ve went through I’m now going through. The first thing I did when starting my business is a mastermind, then books and now looking for a mentor. This podcast helps me yo feel like I’m on the right path. Thank you!
4. Inspiration that I needed! - What a bright spot in the women-owned business world! I am constantly inspired to do more by Jenna's podcast, but not just doing more, doing more in a way that feels authentic to ME and my brand. My business isn't an online business, but now it seems like every business needs a strong presence online and I've been able to gain so much knowledge from listening to her show!
5. Thankful - I started following Jenna on IG when I first realized needed to be on IG. (Late bloomer with marketing) Since then I have not only enjoy watching her business and family grow, she has helped me by turning me on to other amazing people and going for goals out of my comfort zone. You can teach an old dog new tricks!
6. changed my life - jenna has absolutely transformed my life & the way i want to do business. i knew i wanted to be an entrepreneur, i just didn’t feel like i had the tools to get there. as a foster kid, i haven’t had a lot of really good role models, let alone people in my life doing what i knew i was meant to do & could turn to for advice or questions. NOW I HAVE JENNA. she really does feel like a best friend. i cannot wait for her to interview me on her show because those are my goals. that’s how much i believe in myself & that her teachings will get me there. thank you jenna team. you really are changing lives for the better.
7. An insane value - This podcast delivers! I work at home in my studio and Jennas podcast is my companion many days of the week . The topics discussed are right on for me ! I often take notes and then take action on the suggestions . I also really appreciate the guests in some of the podcasts. A lot of great value here for my handmade business as well as my life with my family, and also good inspiration for my own personal empowerment. You rock Jenna !! I have much gratitude.
8. Motivational - I have enjoyed listening each week to this podcast. Jenna has a way of making such relatable content. Her book was a wonderful read that really hit home with me on many levels. Tonight I checked out her website. I look forward to exploring all of her offerings. If you are on a self improvement journey, she is a great resource.
9. Not disappointed! - Read the book - How Are You, Really! and fell in love with the author’s ability to write down her thoughts. My friends and girl bosses highly recommended this book. The reading did not disappoint. Listened to the latest podcast and now I need to go back to day one. Happy adventure for me!
10. It’s successful because it’s real - I have been listening to this podcast for years, and really appreciate the honesty that is captured and communicated to us about being in business, integrating it into your own life, and the joy of discovering how the business and its owner can authentically serve. As a podcast host, I know how much work goes into this and I am truly appreciative of Jenna and her team’s dedication to clear communication. I am also very excited to hear that there is more connecting to intuition and what feels most aligned for Jenna, the team, and therefore the business. Keep up the amazing work.
11. Great podcast for entrepreneurs! - I just discovered this podcast and already am finding so much value in it. As a business owner and mom, the real-life strategies Jenna shared have helped me have a better mindset, save time and get the important things done, and gain focus. Definitely a must for any business owner who wants to improve their quality of life and do things better.
12. You Would Think You Paid to Listen to Jenna - Thank you Jenna for giving it all away on your podcast! You give so much value for free and as a new personal finance coach, I am so grateful! You also offer your courses at a reasonable rate! Thank you for all you do for others and encouraging us to work smarter not harder!
13. So real and relatable! - Had to chuckle as Jenna shared she found out she has ADHD- as a mom of ADHD kids and married to an ADHD adult, I had already pegged it! Jenna is so open and exudes warmth and acceptance, while sharing her struggles and awesome tips. As a fellow mom boss, this podcast is well-rounded and so helpful. Thanks Jenna! -Jenn from DinkumTribe.com
14. The timing!! - Jenna, I’ve been following you since before Coco I was starting up a small Etsy shop and followed for content/business advise. When I had my daughter who is now , I became solely a SAHM and your content was no longer what I needed. HOWEVER I loved you so much that for some reason I stayed subscribed and continued to follow on Instagram and this shift you have been making- talking more mom life/ behind the scenes/ heath etc is exactly what I am needing! So just an encouragement that you’re feeling this shift for a reason- there are people like me who need this content from YOU!
15. Can’t Miss Episodes… - Jenna! I love Goal Digger. I’ve been listening for years, but somehow never left a review! This podcast is STAR all the way. I love the vulnerability, the knowledge, the guests, and the authenticity that is fundamental to your brand. You’re the OG of entrepreneurs having it all! Highly recommend this podcast to all of my entrepreneur friends!
16. Long time listener - Longtime listener, first time reviewer. I’ve recently realized the strength of having a good recommendation from a friend for a book or a cleaning lady or a clothing line that you love. The same is true for Podcasts! Jenna is one of the first people that I tune in to listen to and she’s my go to for advice on natural living, mindset, motherhood, being a founder and CEO, creating a life that I love. If it is part of running a business, living a life according to your values, or just being uniquely you Jenna is the one I go to for encouragement! from episode to episode , there is some thing for everyone!
Are you ready to step into your God-given dreams as a bestselling author, big stage speaker, or 6-figure coach who helps shape the culture for Christ? If you feel like there’s a fire inside of you waiting to come out, but life has sidelined your efforts and you’re finally ready to go all in on God’s calling, you’ve found your place and your people. The Kingdom Builders Academy Podcast is for everyday Christians who are ready to step into their calling as successful writers, speakers, co...
Release date: 2023-03-01
1. Great insight from proven leaders! - Tamara has been a friend and mentor for many years. She is one of the smartest business leaders I’ve had the pleasure of working with. She is smart, generous and effective. Love the new podcast! She has built multiple successful businesses and best of all she loves Jesus!
Neil Patel and Eric Siu bring you daily ACTIONABLE digital marketing lessons that they've learned through years of being in the trenches. Whether you have a new website or an established business, learn the latest SEO, content marketing, social media, email marketing, conversion optimization and general online marketing tactics that work today. With over 50 million downloads and 1,400 episodes, you're sure to find something that will help you grow faster. If you're interested in being a guest on...
Release date: 2023-03-05
1. Pretty bad, because - . The Intro and commercial takes longer than the few paragraphs they talk.
. It’s a typical marketing strategy to aim for visibility & ranking to serve the Apple Podcast engine. It reflects that they don’t like doing / creating podcast anymore. You guys lost the spirit! Therefore, I am out!
2. Very easy listen and very actionable - I have been listening for years but I use overcast and have never really got a chance to come here and leave a review. I have a long commute so I find these podcasts a little too quick but I am sure for the average listener that would be a huge plus. Eric and Neil work well together.
3. Easy and to the point! - I love this podcast because of its format. Sort episodes on topical subjects. Their is show notes and they are titled accurately so you can jump around to what is relevant to you at the moment. I am just starting my career in digital marketing and management so any tools they talk about and strategy is super helpful!
4. Production has declined - I enjoyed the short format but recent episodes have declined. The audio is poor, the intro is broken, it skips around, and it seems more like they had a phone conversation then edited it into little podcasts. Yes, I know they are using clubhouse but, with that, it seems subpar now.
5. Way Too Short - These episodes are way too short. The purpose of podcasting is to listen to deep content for at min mind and ideally hr. A five min marketing spot is annoying. For someone who focuses so much on long form content marketing by writing I am surprised that Neil Patel would put his name on this short form audio content.
6. Part of my daily routine - One podcast was all it too for me to subscribe and become an avid listener. These guys are so well informed and speak in a way anyone can understand. I rarely take the time to write reviews but I had to after binging on their podcast for to present! I keep a notebook of their podcasts that’s how valuable the information is. Keep it up!
7. The Reason my business has leveled up! - years ago my biz was % local referrals and I knew I wanted to pivot and grow my business in a different way. After watching and listening to Neil, I got enough new ideas and resources to start making that change. Today my business is self sufficient with leads coming in from online, BB, videos and my database. I would not be where I am at with over Million in Revenue without his value and advice. I have one entire Virtual assistant who focuses on SEO and better content! Thank you Neil!
8. AUTOMATIC UNSUBSCRIBE - JUST LISTENED TO THE MINUTE SHOW ABOUT THEM TALKING ABOUT HOW PEOPLE WHO ARE COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC ARE LAZY AND UNETHICAL. THEY DIDN’T EVEN MENTION THE PANDEMIC OR ANY HEALTH CONCERNS PEOPLE ARE FACING AT ALL. TRUE CAPITALIST SLAVE DRIVER MENTALITY. JUST WOW. I’M DISGUSTED.
9. Addicting and a MUST for today’s marketers - This podcast keeps me well-informed in all areas of marketing which helps me remain relevant in my industry. Experts, Eric and Neil, share everything they’re hearing and learning including what they’re implementing in their own businesses. The episodes are fast, easy-to-understand, and addicting.
10. School For You But Conferences Only For Leads - UPDATE - This is NOT a daily podcast. Just another trick. I would never hire or recommend either of these car salesmen. All they care about is their own traffic and getting more leads. They don’t care about you or your business. I love the format of this Podcast. Daily, short marketing opinions from two guys running successful companies. I just wish they would be up front and say “fill out the form on our website and we’ll see if your a good fit for our conference”. Instead, they make it sound like anyone would be able to attend. Although, in their latest episode their opinion was that you should vet your conference attendees. Because you’re only going to want the high value people in your community coming to your events. Not those other podcast listeners. Come on guys.
11. My go to podcast just like evergreen tactics podcast - All your information has help my business in so many ways! If you like SEO and marketing I would appreciate support and you checking out my podcast evergreen tactics podcast! But Neil is a genius at marketing and a thought leader in the digital world!
12. My Go-To Marketing Podcast - Great podcast! Can't tell you how much it has helped our company navigate some difficult times and emerge better and stronger. These guys give - and give - and give. Not only do they keep giving out free content that has helped us tremendously, but they even respond to emails and tweets - always giving helpful advice. When it comes time for us to look for outsource help in marketing, I would look nowhere else. Thank you again Neil and Eric!
13. Phenomenal content - I usually don’t write many reviews, but I had to write one for these guys. They offer fantastic, valuable information and insights into different marketing techniques. Also, I’ve found their marketing tips to be extremely helpful in implementing ideas in my marketing plan. Keep up the great work, guys!
14. Power of setting examples - Great tips! Please consider setting an example for professional communication. Using the word “like” numerous times in each sentence detracts for conveying key ideas, sounds immature (junior -high, kid speak). And unprofessional. Clients expect us marketing professionals to be articulate in all forms of our communication. Thanks for your consideration of the examples we set for each other. Keep the school going!
15. Great content with amazing value - I am a new marketer I recently graduated with a bachelors in marketing. I started working full time a week after graduation at a marketing agency and am fairly new to the real marketing world. I started listening to your podcasts and I’ve learned so much in a short amount of time. The content you guys provide is high quality but also short and right to the point. Love the content keep up the great work!
16. The best marketing tips from successful entrepreneurs - Eric and Neil have created a great marketing podcast. I love the short and quick daily episodes and that you both have grown very successful businesses so we can trust your suggestions. I will say one thing that can improve your show for newbies is to explain an acronym when you say one ex-CRM. Also-Quick question: I have my website (ypinvestors.com) posts in a forum, am I better off creating pages for each post on my site or does that not matter in SEO? Thanks for helping me and so many others!
The beauty industry has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. The days of hoping your good reputation and referrals was enough to grow or maintain your clientele died out and successful stylists today need a real marketing strategy. It's actually never been easier to grow a clientele as a hair stylist or a business as a salon owner, yet stylists are giving up or struggling more often than they are thriving in this incredible industry. When I was first building my clientele, I realize...
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Niche/Specialty salons - Hey Britt! Love love love the podcast & programs. If I could / stars I would! I would love a podcast episode on how to run a very niched salon. Booth rent or commission. I would just love your thoughts on it. As an example, I am opening a holistic salon in a small rural town in Ohio & would love each of my stylists to niche down further. It would be my dream team to have everyone offering a holistic approach but specializing in blondes, reds, men’s cuts/barbering, curly hair or extensions! I’m asking this hoping to get some of your thoughts but also to hopefully attract some of these people my way as well! Thanks!
2. Salon owner vs Stylist - Hey Brit it’s Kyle again @milk.honey.hair Salon Milk Honey Soul, your advice is literally a saving grace and I have really poured myself into the salon hiring process and took a break on the education. It has paid off, now as i’m looking to grow my team and their books i’m listening to you podcast about price points, booking structures and things and i’m realizing that everything in my business was really set up for me and who i am as a stylist and i really did have a high demand so people having to jump through hoops to get in worked for me. But i’m slowly making changes to make booking easier because my team has different needs and i’m really wanting to grow their books. What i struggle with through all your amazing advice is how to have it all suite the collective when each stylist is so unique. You went over different pricing structures and who they work great for, we are an hourly salon gratuity free, which i have also heard you talk about possibly not working out in the end. It has worked for me individually but im really trying to narrow down what will work for as a collective in my salon space. We utilized online booking solely but after some time i really was seeing a struggle with clients not knowing how to book, so now we have added a phone service to make sure it’s more convenient for new guests and my growing team. There’s so many nuances in business and i just want to make sure im building a scalable, healthy business.
3. Thoughts on teaching a hair extension method to your team for free as education purposes - Brit! I need your intake on this. As a stylist that has invested in two extension methods one being $ to certify and the other $. One of these courses meaning the $ in their training mentioned we cannot teach this method to anyone else only to whom took the class and paid for it or they would take legal action if the information was shared or taught to someone who didn’t invest in the course. Over the years I’ve been curious as to how stylists that have an assistant under them do these methods without teaching it to them? Or salon owners that do class and teach their salon these methods? Or as a salon owner when you bring a new booth renter and this person decides to invest in another method not being one that the salon owner invested in and want to learn or shadow that person doing the other method. I’ve heard some stylist that work with assistants charge the assistant to assistant her for all the methods she has learned that she would be sharing with her assistant through the year. So she would pay her hourly but then charge her to assist her because of all the knowledge she shares including the methods she learned? How do you navigate this dilema? How are stylists with assistants doing this or salon owners with booth renters or commission based stylist are navigating this! Please share some light on this very controversial subject!
4. New State. Starting Over .Please Help - Hey gorgeous! Love this podcast! I am a newer thriver member as of last fall, decided to jump in deeper because I made a huge life change. In October I said goodbye to years of clientele, sold my salon and moved to a new state barely knowing anyone and I did this by myself. Before moving, I did some research on the area. I looked up many salons and stylists, and researched prices and services in the area I was interested in. I ended up picking a great salon to start over with as a booth renter. The location is great, the website is great, the team is great and the owners are great!(also Thrivers) I signed a contract to booth rent at the salon and immediately I updated my yelp, my Google business account, my Facebook page, and started redirecting my hair Instagram account to focus on building clientele instead of using it mostly to follow and inspire other hairstylist. I signed up for wealthiest year yet as well! I started taking clients mid November, working three days a week. I truly was starting from zero clients. I implemented a referral program, have done monthly specials, posted ads on social media, boosted posts, and joined and posted to lots of near groups. I've been passing out business cards and leaving cards on different businesses' cork boards. I sit at the salon for hours when my books are empty just incase of walk ins. I know it's only been a few months but I am struggling. I've only gotten one or two clients a week on average. You have expressed in a couple different episodes about finding that special factor that separates you as a stylist and I've been racking my brain on how to stand out here. You've said that offering a coffee bar, snacks, shoulder, hand, and head massages, hot towels, ever.. is not enough. Could you please give some specific examples of other things that could be offered behind the chair to stand out and what else could I do to help build a clientele in these new social media times? it's definitely a way different ballgame than when I started building my clientele over years ago. Any advice and tips would be so greatly appreciated!!
5. Thrivers has blown my mind - So I love this podcast and the program , I am a currently in the thriving stylist module and building my website . I’m not a hairdresser ,I am a nail tech but was put onto thrivers from my client/hairdresser. And this program has me ready to make changes to my business. Currently I have gaps in my schedule , but consistent clientele. Not too many new guest inquiries and honestly not a ton of positive cash flow to invest all at once and I’m stuck on stock images . I feel like I can’t find pictures with the mood , vibe , or feelings I’m trying to give off. You said no generic pictures but they all seem generic to me because most models in the photos need a fill or have short one solid color nails . I do trendsetting , edgy, creative , clean nail art . I do Instagram and Pinterest nail design . I use nail art as a form of self expression and help my clientele define themselves . The devils in the details and you should see my clients hands and unique styles. I ideally want to use my clients, their nails , their styles , and get my own images but financially I’m not their yet . Should I skip stock photos and make my sight plain Jane until I can make upgrades ?
6. Great info! Question for Britt - Hi Britt I’m wondering what your thoughts are for stylists starting to offer afterpay. I personally think offering mini or express services would be more beneficial than afterpay, but I’d love to hear your thoughts. Another question, what do you think about tip-included pricing. Are we robbing ourselves if people want to tip more? Will the initial markup scare guests away? Or would the thought of paying one price and knowing exactly what their service would cost out the door be easier for clients? Hoping to hear back from you. Thanks! -Shannon
7. Based on your last two pricing episodes… - Long time thriver, first time reviewer here…
Your last two episodes have me excited for what is to come even through this “winter” My question is how can I support my salon/spa team of independent contractors for what is to come. I myself have built a beautiful career because of thrivers and has allowed me to open salons in a year and a half post pandemic. I, myself behind the chair am definitely priced highest in our small-ish community-work . days/week and have had the MOST new and referrals/month in the last months to a year in my whole years behind the chair. My good problem to have is, I have built a strong desire funnel, awareness funnel, social funnel and even with my pricing new clients are still choosing me. I won’t ever close my books and personally do not feel comfortable raising my prices to “weed people out” however, with my online booking open, they always choose me even with limited availability. How do I help support my team with what is to come. Or will it just take time. Our salon social platforms are pretty new but have definitely shown growth for new clients(mostly to me though) and product sales (for everyone). Will this just take time? Thank you for all you do!
8. Increasing price point - Hey! I’m a thriver, I love it and love this podcast!
I have a question. I have gone thru the pricing calculator, my budget, and my new guest referrals. I want to increase my prices and my the pricing calculator says I should. But the gap is huge. Like $ for a highlight to $. How do I bridge this gap without losing all of my clients?
9. Britt’s guidance has changed my career - Can not say enough great things about a thriving stylists podcast. It’s my weekly inspiration! I’ve been a Thriver since , I literally went from “what am I doing with my life” to “what can’t I do!” … I’ve been a stylist for years , salon owner for and since joining thrivers my career has gone from dread to listening to the Rocky theme song on my way to work. I’ve been educating myself in ALL skills I need for my target market. So my question is … how do I “break up” with clients who’ve been literally coming to me since the beginning of my career. I’ve invested a lot in education and I feel stuck with the clientele I have. I literally have been stalling in the marketing funnel aspect because I’m very worried about letting my clients down. Not a bad problem to have but going towards the end of my career I want to do the services I LOVE doing. Thank you for everything Britt
10. Actionable - I’ve been following this podcast for years and finally invested in the Thriving Stylist program back in . I am always skeptical and want to make sure whatever I am investing in is with my time and money. Now I wish I started sooner. Britt’s predictions have been spot on for the past years through the pandemic and then some. I am a commission salon owner and stylist and have continued to grow myself and my team with her program. This year we went all in and became a Thriving Salon. It has been the best decision in our years. We have always been business oriented and VERY education based but not every team member was actionable
11. SO helpful and upbeat!! - Been loving this podcast for YEARS and I don’t see myself ever stopping! Britt has such a positive and realistic approach to everything, she’s inspired me many times over in less than mins! I’d love to hear, in Britt’s opinion, what should be done when a stylist that no longer works at a salon is doing everything in their power to slander it? Both in-house with the remaining staff and to the public eyes. Thank you so much Britt for sharing your knowledge!!
12. Renting Question & LOVE every episode - Absolutely love this podcast - I share it with all the younger girls at the salon because you can learn SO much from Brit. She is a book of knowledge and I get A LOT out of every episode. Thank you for this! My question for Brit is - I’m a stylist at a rental salon (rent my station). The salon/owner is a little outdated/left behind in the old way of styling and how she runs the salon. With that being said, she’s out the door in - years and wants me to take over the salon. Now I’m not opposed to this, I actually like the idea, but I am trying to modernize and evolve my books/processes where I don’t think she fully will. She’s willing to change some things in the salon, like update stations that are years old, but how do I offer high end amenities in a rental salon if the owner won’t do it? Do I cut my losses and start my own, do I try to get a mini fridge for my station and hope others won’t take from it? I’m stuck in this process of wanting to evolve and make my business what I want it to be, but also feeling stuck/not fully able to. I love the salon I’m at and love the thought of the future, but there’s only so much I can do as a renter until she’s ready to step back.
13. So informative - adding on to my review can you do a podcast about liability when it comes to clients suing stylists? This podcast has been so eye opening. I feel like I know the things you’re saying but I didn’t emphasize the importance of them. I wish you had a daily podcast! I love that I can listen to you in the morning while I get ready. I would like to know more so on how you feel about yelp and how to use it to most benefit your business I feel like I have a ton of reviews but they are all getting filtered. I am having some major issues with online booking. I do everything myself because I can’t find an app or software that includes the features I want. I am spending so much time away from my son and spouse because I book everything myself. Please help! It has become the number one stress in my life. Thank you
14. Booking Question, LOVE this podcast!! - Long time listener, first time reviewer I have been a suite owner now for about a year and a half. LOVING being a part of this solid and supportive community!! Makes me smile so hard!! I tell EVERYONE (who will listen) about Thrivers and Britt! I was struggling with a capped out schedule and unable to see new clients, etc... I decided to no longer pre-book and begin January with a day rolling schedule. I felt this would open up slots for new guests or last minute clients, and heck maybe some time if I get sick or throw out my back. So currently, I switched to the day rolling period for booking (with the exception of some of my older ladies, they will continue to pre-book ) Cool. Now, with no prebooking, the week I send out communication, that my books are open I am booked out for the month. Its great, but not so great. I have no time to get anyone new in and some of my ladies have to be waitlisted for the next month and are already not loving the new way bc of that. My question for Britt is, I am STRUGGLING with booking. I cant physically be behind the chair any more than I am now, truly, I do not want to add an additional day behind the chair. I do have one office day dedicated to all of our other hats we wear. But girl, how can I increase my clientele/revenue without adding more hours? What does a girl have to do?! I listened to episode - Options for Increasing Revenue…felt like it spoke to more booth rental owners and I still had questions. If this makes it to you, I appreciate your time and help!! LOVE my Thrivers community!!!:) LOVE Britt for being awesome!!! Don’t know where my business would be without her! Jess H.
15. Business evaluation - I listen to every podcast Brit and I align with so much of what you educate on!
One thing I’d love to know more about is buying an existing salon after working as a stylist there for years.
The current owner did not have an exit strategy and consulted the accountant for property value and business evaluation.
The bank came back with drastically different numbers! EBITDA is the formula and market approach, cash approach and all these factors that we as stylists do not understand, at least this stylist! Do you have any suggestions on who and what professionals could do an analysis on current business?
We are profitable.. the owner just has not updated outdated systems or modernized our building in over a decade!
I hear you speak about absentee ownership, and if the systems are strong this can work however we need all things salon- CEO,CFO,CMO,COO and talent -systems modernized and updated. Most of the business is paper and not digital yet.
The Cloud based system is installed however we are only utilizing -% of it. Where do I start? Do I have enough time at age to create a more profitable business and shoot for the moon? My passion for this industry is unwavering and I adore my team. Commission based and years in business. I’ve mentored and trained most of my team for years now.
The boomers are on their way out and the newbies are here. They want systems and fast tracking to start their careers- we need to set up standards to onboard and get them behind the chair! This industry is changing rapidly and I hear your predictions every year and you’ve been spot on! I can see the next Gen and have a clear vision of what could be…. The business side of this industry is what I need help with! I just word puked Brit! Help! So many questions about where to start. Thank you for everything you give this industry!
It’s truly a motivator listening to you weekly! Sincerely, Lisa
16. Love This podcast! - Hey Britt! I am beyond thankful, and convinced that you are MY business coach forever. First I want to say thank you so much. I LOVED the self-awareness episode. I’ve got a question for you. I used a prompt you provided to hire a new stylist. I include the part that said send me an email with the subject “I’m the best for the job” and include your resume and tell me why your the best for the job. I had a bunch of applicants through indeed but not one person applied following the instructions. I’m feeling discouraged that I won’t be able to find a quality applicant. I spent $ on the job ad and not one applicant who followed through. I don’t want to keep throwing money down the drain. I feel like I’ve got a really solid website and beautiful salon space that I’m proud of. I also think i have good benefits to offer a new employee. I’m not sure what’s off. Help me out please!
Release date: 2023-02-22
1. 实不相瞒，我是为了抽奖来的，我已经听咱这节目好久了 - 我现在是大一的学生，学的是市场营销专业，一直对商业很感兴趣，每天早上都会听这个节目，因为早上时间比较短，所以一期我可能会听三四天。喜欢！希望咱这节目可以越来越好！l
2. 想多听一些关于美国经济的内容 - 一连听了期，很多干货知识，很多例子都挺生动的，虽然能听得出有读稿的影子，但是瑕不掩瑜。中外话题涉猎很广泛，希望能听到更多的精彩内容，特别是关于美国经济的方向，因为我本人是在美国求学，但很多时候直接听美国的分析解读不能很容易的理解，听了你们的节目，让我从中文和国内的视角去了解美国的一些商业案例，很受启发。
Every week on Marketing Made Simple, you'll get practical tips to make your marketing easy and make it work!
Release date: 2023-02-22
1. Friendly marketing advice that works - J.J. and April are great hosts who make even the non-so-fun marketing topics fun and approachable (and will have you laughing along with them). The whole flipping the usual marketing script to make it all about your customer's story makes so much sense and makes marketing so much easier! I always look forward to new episodes.
2. Love the insights from StoryBrand Guides - I love hopping on the treadmill and popping Dr. J.J. and April into my earbuds. As a StoryBrand Guide and fellow entrepreneur I find the conversations actionable and insightful. Even though I have access to the StoryBrand community of guides everyday, I still learn and get new ideas from these interviews and conversations. Bonus: J.J. and April have such great energy and sense of humor that I am always laughing as I get my walk in.
3. Practical, Real-world Marketing Strategies - I recently discovered the Marketing Made Simple podcast and it has quickly become one of my favorites. The hosts, Dr. JJ and April Sunshine, do an excellent job of breaking down complex marketing concepts into easy-to-understand language. The interviews with industry experts provide valuable insights and actionable tips. I especially appreciate the focus on practical, real-world strategies that can be implemented immediately. If you're looking to level up your marketing game, this is a must-listen podcast. stars!
4. Very useful tips on Marketing - The hosts are excellent, highly knowledgeable, and professional. There is a wealth of invaluable tips for users. My only request is to also provide examples of enterprise BB businesses, particularly for technology companies that offer solutions through their software products. Thanks.
5. So easy to understand - More practical tips please! - Easy-to listen to, funny and a great podcast. One of the best ever. I can’t believe I finally had to listen to storybrand to really understand marketing! If you’re interested in marketing or if you’re a professional you still should listen to this weekly. To the storybrand team, keep giving more practical examples, fans are addicts! For instance, some examples of how storybrand is used in the meta descriptions of websites, storybrand in blogs, storybrand in inbound messages. Storybrand messaging everywhere including the nitty gritty stuff!
6. A one liner that rocks! - April and JJ,
You two provide the best marketing inspiration for this small business owner. I listen religiously and take those action items each week to improve upon what we doing. This podcast also gave me the push to find a story brand certified guide to help me completely redo our website incorporating our new brand script. I am excited to launch the new site, but have already started using my one liner that Angie Shultz helped me create. The first time I used it at a networking event’s presentation several people repeated it back to me and complemented me on how it lays out what I do perfectly! To me, this spoke volumes! Thank you both and keep it up!
7. Great content in an entertaining format! - I love the vibes haha! This is one of the most informative podcast I listened too, simple yet actionable. Tim's great at providing real insights that definitely work! I like the authenticity and his honest approach in delivering his content. I've got so much insight into marketing. Such a good show!
8. One of my favorite podcasts - As a copywriter, storytelling and marketing are integral to everything I do. I LOVE STORYBRAND - - and this podcast is gold! I love the people they bring on and the contagious enthusiasm JJ and April have when talking through marketing within this framework. I am working my way through listening to every episode - thank you guys!!
9. Repetitiveness - I tried to listen to a couple of episodes and it’s really just a marketing tool for their story brand framework. I think it has great concepts and it can benefit a lot of people, but it’s also trying to recruit you in to do their framework. I heard the word “framework” almost - times a podcast and it almost makes it to where you can’t listen to the podcast without actually doing the course.
10. So far so good… - Love the content so far - it’s a great complement to the books. Some topics that I’d like to see expanded on in this podcast:
. Re-engagement Sales emails campaigns. We’ve implemented the Initial Campaign and Nurture campaigns and have a seasonal buying window. What’s the best way to engage a lead in a buying CTA a year after they’ve joined my list?
. Software Reviews. With this podcast being more implementation focused, these might act as a good change of pace. What CRMs, Email Marketing, CMS systems best align with the Storybrand principles?
11. Easy to digest, easier to implement! - For about a month, I’ve been working on and off on my website. I found myself wanting to communicate too much. I recognized this but didn’t know how to fix it. Then I heard a podcast where J.J. was a guest. The content resonated with me, so I gave this podcast a chance. I’m only episodes in but decided to test what I’ve learned. In one day, I created what I think is the right messaging and format for my site. This information is broken down so well and explained so clearly, I was able to use it for a complete transformation in one day. I’m looking forward to listening to all of the episodes and applying even more of what I learn. Only time will tell how effective it will be at driving revenue, but I can certainly see the potential.
12. Simple and effective marketing ideas from AMAZING hosts! - I’m really diggin’ this podcast, so much so that I decided to write a review (and I don’t usually do that). First off, April and JJ are amazing and hilarious podcast hosts—some of the most entertaining I’ve ever listened to. Even their occasional bouts of singing are super funny and surprisingly good And the marketing advice they give is simple, top-notch, and easy to implement. Each episode walks you through one of the steps in the StoryBrand framework, and at the end they give you an action step that you can put to use in your own business using your free StoryBrand brandscript. Not only that, but they bring working StoryBrand certified guides onto each episode to tell you how they use each day’s step in real-world marketing situations with their clients. If you’re new to marketing, or if the marketing in your business isn’t working, you need to listen to this podcast and put each step into action. Another high-quality offering from Donald Miller and the StoryBrand team.
13. Excellent if you can handle cheese - The concepts offered here are phenomenal; well worth a listen and possibly even worth hiring one of these folks to help. Yes, this is itself a marketing vehicle. There is no hint wrong with that, buuuuuuut the cohost has so much fake enthusiasm ("awesome! Amazing!") that I find myself growing annoyed. If the cohost calms down, this will be the best marketing podcast out there. As it is, three stars.
14. If you want to up your marketing game, this podcast is for you! - Just like LeBron James doesn’t simply talk about basketball (he practices—he DOES the basketball), JJ and April don’t just talk about marketing. They give you an ACTION STEP in every episode so you can DO the marketing today. Listen to this podcast and up your marketing game.
15. Love that this podcast is focused on marketing! - I have benefited greatly from listening to the Business Made Simple podcast. As I listen to the podcasts I jump around from business focused to marketing focused episodes. Turning Marketing Made Simple into its own podcast is brilliant and it means I don’t need to hunt for marketing focused episodes, they will all be right here. Once again your team nails making things simple! Thanks for the extra focus on the “right engine!”
16. Fantastic explanation of Story Brand Framework - Fast paced, upbeat and fun! The part about identifying the problem of the customer you are advertising to was great as well as remembering to create a vision for the customer. As soon as I listened to the podcast I was talking to a friend about a problem she was wrestling with. I asked her what her vision for herself was. Even though I am not a business owner or in marketing myself I could put some of the principles into practice because this all makes so much sense! Evama
Kipp Bodnar (HubSpot’s CMO) and Kieran Flanagan (Zapier’s CMO), lead you down the rabbit hole of marketing trends, growth tactics and innovation. On the way you’ll pick up undiscovered strategies to give you that slight edge for success. These are not your typical twitter thread regurgitated marketing tactics that everyone is doing. These are new methods, with unfiltered examination of successful fresh ideas.
Release date: 2023-02-28
1. Great content - Hey. I’m a big fan of marketing against the grain and have been listening for some time. I run a global BB marketing organization and I find your podcast challenges me to think differently and even plants seeds of ideas that I can apply to my organization. I think it would be interesting to hear your take on organizing teams around work. Perhaps marketing team structure for various stages of growth and/or strategies. Another topic, that at least I find challenging, is creating an environment of global alignment and promoting collaboration and cross sharing.
2. High Level Marketing - This podcast talks fast and furious about high level marketing and business strategies. If you are a business owner looking to learn about basic marketing, this podcast will be way over your head. You need to know high level marketing terms and acronyms to be able to follow along.
3. By far favorite podcast - Love the show guys I’ve been looking for a good podcast on marketing in the tech space for awhile that goes beyond the generic stuff everyone talks about and this does it in such a fun and interesting way. Something I thought was interesting about your discussion on IP in marketing is the way that Dungeons and Dragons setup their Open Gaming License. Instead of using Creative Commons, they setup their own license that allows other to create in their ecosystem (and even make a living through things like DMsguild), but still maintain some control over their brand. They’ve exploded in popularity in the last few years in part because of TikTok and YouTube creators making whole shows and skits about the game.
4. In my Top podcasts. - Marketing Against the Grain is great for everyone. There are topics that I’m still learning about and the hosts make learning feel really fun. Kipp and Kieran are friendly, very helpful to new people, and funny! It’s definitely not a show that would put me to sleep. It’s a show i listen to from start to finish. Great job guys! I anxiously await each new episode! -Shawn Gossman
5. What it takes - Listened to the first four episodes and it’s great. I’m running marketing at an early start up now and I’m curious about what it takes to succeed as a marketer at each stage (seed, rounds, pre-ipo, ipo ) and how you think I could lead the team through each stage (Info if relevant: Carbon Collective is a BB and BC fintech that creates investment portfolios aligned with solving climate change)
6. No fluff advice with tangible strategies - As a founder myself, I was growing tired of listening to business podcasts that only spoke about how to “balance” it all or how to “put yourself out there”. I began searching for a podcast with tangible strategies regarding my business that I could implement and this podcast is definitely just that! We founded PWR WMN (pronounced Power Woman) which makes beautiful and functional women’s blazers with REAL pockets. As a new company, marketing is KEY to our growth strategy and this podcast is now a part of my weekly routine! Thank you! (Instagram: @pwr_wmn website: www.pwrwmn.shop)
7. Just an absolute masterclass of marketing strategies and hot takes! - Kipp and Kieran do an excellent job explaining all things marketing to everyone from Founders and CMO’s to boots-on-the-ground marketers. Highly digestible and highly engaging content. I’m a digital marketer on a smaller BB marketing team, and I truly enjoy how Kipp and Kieran breakdown everything from game plans to master plans. Covering digital and analog strategy, internal and external communication, community, web, and everything in between. Keep the content coming and looking forward to the live show at Inbound! Rec for a future episode; aside from demand gen and direct ROI data, how can smaller marketing teams positively affect change in organizations that don’t believe in spending money on marketing? I’m currently feeling like a can’t move the needle with our corporate team.
8. Love your x concept, here’s my go at it! - I think a lot about the Habits of Highly Effective People quadrant of urgent vs important, but I hadn’t thought of creating my own when trying to evaluate something more simply. So as I run marketing for a fintech marketing firm called Crue, I just created a x for what I’d like us to be known for. Left to right is generalist marketing agency to fintech marketing agency. Bottom to top is performance marketing to demand gen more specifically. We want our messaging to be in the top right quadrant for fintech demand gen. Thoughts? - Katie Hardy @kpmanhardy
9. Against the Grain and For the Win - Loved the discussion on team designs, newer marketing ideas (Web ) with both short and long term rewards and definitely love the game segment where marketing tactics are discussed. Have you ever played Code Names? You have to guess a word from a set of related words based on a categorical, relational or thematic clue. Would be really fun with marketing tactics or channels as the word choices! I can’t wait to keep listening.
10. Unique marketing podcast! (and request for episode!) - You make me look forward to my work commute - great podcast that always sparks new ideas. Episode request: would be cool to know what marketing resources you place on your toplist and recommend to become as nerdy about marketing as you guys ;) (books, newsletters, other resources)
11. AWESOME! Truly Great. - If you are a Creator you MUST listen! You guys are great, honestly I have so much to say, you’re spot on. I want to be around that table with you. I’m a Mom/Creator/Solopreneur born in and I feel like you’re speaking directly to me. The technology and the creator economy is moving so incredibly fast. You guys are really raising the right questions and having the right conversations. Excellent work!
12. Bros talk tech Marketing - I’m a reader of the hustle and as a female entrepreneur listening to this, they really need to have women enter the conversation. Your not representing women in business. I listened to one episode and it felt like I was just listening to a bunch of Bros talking business. Also, it’s more tech focused and marketing is for everything not just tech or start ups, though I know that’s most of their focus. I was hoping for more information on the latest marketing techniques. For example, they were talking about content creators a lot. Why not have them enter the conversation.
Publishing weekly since 2012, this show helps marketers navigate the ever changing marketing jungle with expert interviews from leading marketing pros. Join Social Media Examiner’s founder Michael Stelzner as he helps you discover new strategies and actionable tips to improve your marketing. Show notes at Socialmediaexaminer.com/podcast/
Release date: 2023-02-23
1. Best Ever! AI with Michael and Paul Roetzer - I’m a regular listener and a big fan. The AI interview with Paul Roetzer was excellent. Great info on how it works, with comments on AI impact and opportunities for marketers. Thank you for sharing tips to create prompts and different tools/sites for writing, graphics and video.
2. Stars, if…. - Update: Still annoying. And seems really off-brand. Hopefully you’ll change it for . Good content. But that x louder intro with an elephant sound and obnoxious macho “social safari” schtick is AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. Makes me cringe and grit my teeth. Just sayin’ You don’t need it.
3. Too much cross promoting of other shows. - Stick to the cross promotion either at the end or the beginning of the episode. Right in the middle distracts from and degrades the quality of the episode. I typically don’t mind an interrupt for a simple call to action. But if it is for a completely different show that has nothing to do with the content that is being consumed, it’s annoying.
4. Politics of having Sean Cannell interview - I am an avid listener to your podcast and I used to be an avid follower of Sean Cannell. Until….he posted a photo on instagram of he and is wife proudly holding their son who was holding a long gun (or a long gun replica). I was pretty unsettled about the image and the way it came across. I quit following him everywhere and when he came on your show days after the mass shooting at Robb Elementary in Texas I just couldn’t listen to his voice on your interview. Picturing his IG image of their little boy with that gun and the proud papa made me unable to hear his voice or follow anything about him.
5. Great guests & actionable advice! - As a social media marketer, I’m always looking to learn and share those learning with others. The Social Media Marketing World Podcast brings on experts in their craft to really dive into the nitty gritty of the issue. I appreciate the step-by-step approach to the questions. Thank you for all you do!
6. Ad Man? - Five min of ads at the top of the show is definitely a way to let me know how successful this show is for you. Seriously? Can’t you put your ads at the end? I promise we would possibly stay around to buy what you are selling if you didn’t ram it down our ears before your pitch. Okay, now that we have the worst offense mentioned let’s get to the meat of the issue. This show is for white people. It’s a ad, within an ad, within an ad, within an ad. If you can find the original thought in here you win the prize for having your own business. Do yourself a favor, spend the time you would spend listening to this show actually interacting with people on social media and you will see results. Make friends, explore, but don’t think you have to lower yourself to MLM ways of networking. Everyone can see through spam comments so invest in a thesaurus to properly punctuate your personality. Take photos of the sunset and tag yourself. Let people know you breathe. Don’t listen to people you would never have a drink with. They wouldn’t buy you a round when you have a reason to celebrate. Don’t let them see you cry. There, that is all better advice than anything these nobody’s will sell you. Keep your phones charged and don’t get political. BTW- last thought: the host is annoyingly racist. He made a comment about people speaking ‘Mexican’ - his words not mine. That was a moment I believe could have easily been edited out but I’m thankful it wasn’t because I could see what a complete Jacka$$ the host is.
7. Best podcast for marketers!! - Love this podcast. As a social media manager, sometimes I feel like I just cannot keep up! Michael is a fantastic researcher and interviewer. I learn so much from every episode and always walk away with practical steps to benefit the brands I’m working for. Very thankful for Michael’s work!!
8. A marketer I listen to - As a journalist, I have low tolerance for marketing blah blah blah, but Michael’s a really good interviewer, has a nice variety of guests (rotating between different social platforms), and has an upbeat style without going over the top. One of my regular podcasts. Always come away with practical tips. BobB
9. Good for Beginners - This podcast—and really many things that come out of Social Media Examiner—are geared towards entrepreneurs with little or no knowledge of social media. If you’re a professional social media marketer or work for a large brand, you won’t learn much that you didn’t already know. I attended last year’s Social Media Marketing World conference and found the same to be true.
10. So helpful...I’ve learned so much - This podcast has been so helpful. I learn something every week that I try to put into action. Michael’s interview style is engaging and he asks all the questions I’d ask if I were in the room. I listen to many of these over and over. So grateful for this resource.
11. Awesome show - I love Michael’s approach and this podcast. You have an excellent lineup of top rate guests and solo episodes with priceless tips, suggestions, and advice! I have implemented SOOOO much of these nuggets of wisdom to my business as well and it’s been amazing. Keep up the great content and keep killing it! Thanks!
12. So much great information - If you own a business, you should be listening to this show. Been listening for a while, but the Elise Darma episode inspired me to write a review. Michael has a tremendous voice for podcasting, but the questions he asks are almost like the exact questions you would ask after hearing the previous information. He is a master at digging deeper so you can have the best understanding of the content that’s being presented AND then APPLY it to your business immediately!
13. Great Content - I am a YouTuber and future Social Media Marketer who wants to help others with their marketing journey. All the information that I have heard on this podcast, not only fill me with positive and informative content that I can relate to. I get inspired to learn and grow my own content, to reach the potential that I know it can reach.
14. Suggestion/request - Can you do an episode on how to get buy in from your company: from different departments and leadership? I work at a national company where everyone “knows” marketing better than the marketing team. It’s very outdated their knowledge. All they do is complain and don’t value data.
15. My go to social media podcast just like evergreen tactics podcast - I love your show it has amazing information and has helped my business. If you like social media marketing I would appreciate it you checked out my podcast evergreen tactics! But this show has the best information on social media marketing! Thank you
16. LEVEL UP your marketing with THIS IS THE PODCAST!! - I cannot say or emphasize enough how this podcast has changed our marketing for our THREE businesses. Michael Stelzner is a PRO. His interviewing skills are awesome and the guests are talent whom are so generous with their knowledge and time. I can’t believe what nuggets of GOLD I’ve gleaned from this podcast. This is my top show and i look forward to every week when an episode drops!! love Love LOVE! Thank you to the SMMWORLD team!!!!! See you Stelzner at SMMW FirstTimer!!!
A business podcast for product entrepreneurs. A creative balance of life and business to help you create your dream life. Featured in Inc. as "the country's most sought-after product experts." Also featured in Forbes, NBC News, Yahoo! Finance and more. Also co-founders of the Shop 1 in 5 pledge - a commitment to shop 1 in 5 of your purchases from small businesses online and offline. The goal in every episode: uplevel you as the Boss of your business. Take your physical product sales and stra...
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. So useful for staying up to date as a small biz owner!! - Growing visibility is EVERYTHING for small business owners! I love how everything you discuss all contributes to taking the right actions and why it is so important to pay attention to evolving business trends. Having an omnichannel presence is key!
2. I feel like you are my girlfriends - This podcast is so fun to listen to . The variety of topics and guests ALL related to product businesses give me inspiration for my business and remind me what to focus on . Minna and Jacqueline, you add so much value with your insights and often make me laugh, too , you are the best !
3. Absolutely love this podcast! - After tuning in to episode with a team member of Shopify, I am loving this podcast. I really got hooked in when you were having a conversation about building your brand by storytelling. As a brand and web designer, I completely agree that a brand is built heavily on how your product is different. I am looking forward to tuning in each week!
4. Favorite business podcast - I started listening to this podcast about a year ago and it is my absolute favorite business podcast. J & M are helpful, real and funny. They give action based advice and even focus attention on mindset, which is hugely helpful. I’ve learned so much. Listen! You won’t regret it.
5. My Favorite Business Podcast - The Product Boss Podcast has been my favorite for a while now. I get inspired and motivated while listening, and it helps me stay focused on the most important track for my business rather than getting sidetracked. It’s my go-to when I’m feeling overwhelmed or unsure.
6. The Product Boss Podcast Is A Must Listen For Product Businesses - I highly recommend The Product Boss Podcast because it’s been a game changer for my product businesses. I’ve been in business for years and I’m always looking for new ways to educate myself, market my business and stay current with the latest business trends. I love listening to Jacqueline and Minna on my drive into work.
7. Must Listen - I have been listening to this podcast for awhile and it never disappoints! Amazing content for business owners that it delivered in a fun and casual way. Feel like I’m sitting with Jacqueline and Minna in my living room drinking coffee and spit balling business strategies! It’s. A must listen if you are a product boss!
8. Becoming more of an infomercial - I’ve been listening for a few years, and I feel like the first five or so minutes of the show has always been thinly veiled advertisements for their systems and products but the rest of the show was really good information. But, lately it’s feeling a lot more like the entire episodes are infomercials for their programs. Completely understandable that they would use their air time to sell their products, but makes it a less useful podcast unfortunately.
9. Education with Inspiration - I’ve been soaking up everything I can from these ladies since stepping out full-time with my small business this past spring. I’ve already implemented so many tips from their resources and am eager to implement more…baby steps, but they’re moving the pendulum quickly:) It’s super satisfying to have so much education and inspiration from these experts. Highly recommended!
10. A great resource for product based businesses - I stumbled upon this podcast when I was looking for something to guide me in starting and growing my business. After bingeing episodes I was hooked and feeling more confident then ever in starting my business. Each episode has so many great actionable things you can do right away. It’s always one of my go to podcasts for inspiration and motivation.
11. Excellent Advice and Biz Inspiration - I love listening Jacqueline and Minna talk about business. They have a wealth of experience and insight, and their advice is often applicable across different types of businesses. Whenever I finish listening to them, I find I’m inspired and motivated to try new things in my business to scale my success and grow my impact. They’re definitely worth the listen!
12. Best business based podcast!! - I love this podcast! So much so, that I can’t help but binge listen to it every day! I’m a one woman business at the moment and listening to them makes me feel like I’ve got business partners! You won’t regret it, you must start listening now and subscribe to their channel!!
13. Life Changing Podcast - I found this podcast last year when trying to figure out how to grow my profit and business. I had recently quit my full time job, to run my small business full time and I was not at all prepared and did not understand how to run one. Jacqueline and Mina are so inspirational. They give great advice and break things down which makes things easier to understand and make changes within your mindset and business. They honestly made me feel now that I can do anything within my business and the sky is the limit!! Thank you so much ladies!
14. Thank you! - I am beyond grateful for finding these masterminds! Not only are they full of the most helpful insights into running your own small business and willing to share that knowledge with all of us, but they feel like they're actually your friends. So real and down-to-earth, The Product Boss podcast and anything they do gives me the feeling of girl time chat while also becoming a Product Boss myself and growing professionally as well as personally. Thanks, Ladies!
15. Happy th Episode! - I found you all about a year and a half ago and I have been hooked ever since. It’s the actionable steps for me! I recommend this podcast to all of my entrepreneurial friends whether they have a product or service based biz. Think they can really take a lot from you all. I really appreciate this episode because it gave me the courage to “Fail Forward” business is not perfect or easy but I can’t allow my fear of failure stop me from growing. Congrats again!! Thank you for doing what you ladies do! You are making a difference and changing lives!
16. The Product Boss is a Fountain of Info & Inspiration - If you have a product-based business, this is the place to be. Jacqueline and Minna are easy to listen to, they give great advice and guidance, and the information that is provided has helped me to take the right steps in building my product biz! They are my source of inspiration, motivation, and information, thank you ladies! xo
17. THE best podcast for product based businesses! - FINALLY an AMAZING podcast for product based businesses! Every time I listen, I am always so excited to put the tips that the ladies share into practice! They are so helpful, so encouraging and fun to listen to! I am so glad I found this podcast and love to share it with my fellow product based business friends who also feel stuck like I did before! Thanks Jacqueline and Minna!!
Go behind the scenes with Brendon Burchard, a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one the world's leading influencers and marketing teachers. Over 3 million people have taken Brendon's online courses and over 5 million follow him on social media. His videos have been viewed over 500m times. His famous motivational quotes and content have been shared over 1 billion times. He's created content almost every day for 15 years and was a true pioneer in online education, live broadcasts, creator e...
Release date: 2023-02-21
1. Is he seriously giving these away…? - I can’t believe these are free. SO much concrete advice, and by someone who is both a very accomplished, shrewd marketer and a really inspiring coach. The tone of this is serious, concrete, down-to-earth. The advice is actionable. All of Brendon‘s expertise - and a little bit less motivational hoopla. Which reveals even more how accomplished the man is in the thought-leader space. Lots of great stuff to learn. I hope Brendon Burchard keeps this podcast running.
2. Best of the Best A- List Online Trainers! - I first met Brendon Burchard in May , -/ years ago. I am so excited I could shout it from rooftops that he launched his own podcast network!!!! Yay! How cool is that?! Move over, Oprah... Brendon may launch his own tv channel one day. Maybe? I took all of Brendon's courses: Experts Academy ( teaches online marketing and selling), Business X, World's Greatest Speaker Training, and HPX, and am in my third year with his Growth Day program. He also has other trainings bundled into his courses. I also am a fan of his books he has written. I think all his books reached New York Times best seller status. He has one of the best Day Planners available for sale on Amazon. Over ten years I have studied with other trainers. I realized early that Brendon has high standards for ethics, integrity, honesty and moral compass and he really is a great role model for doing-it-right when doing online marketing. It seems online trainers fall in two groups: Trainers playing loosely with best practices for consumer protection, then the others following Brendon's lead to do their best and deliver the most value. I am just so really happy Brendon launched this. Please consider taking his other courses, reading his books available on Amazon and checking out his planner. He also has two supplement products out as well. (I haven't tried the supplements.)
3. A new idea generator! - Brendon never fails to astound me. Honestly, I have taken at least five of his multi-lesson courses, and after every single class I have gained some new ideas or insights that I can implement immediately. I don’t know how he does it. Creativity is hard. And Brendon is an idea generator. When I listen to Brendon I always gain a new idea or a new perspective on something I’m already doing that will help me do it better.
4. Love Brendon’s authenticity in providing content with love - I was on cloud when I got to see Brendon in person at FHL in September . Before that I have read his book and keep referring to his books multiple times , saw him in tv and you tube , fb . Listened to his podcast. But I am truly grateful to the universe for creating an opportunity via Russell Brunson’s FHL tone in the in the same hall as Brendon and experiencing his authentic positive energy. Love you Brendon for being an awesome
5. I just keep following! - In addition to being a professional, I’m a lifelong student and as such, often find myself unimpressed with some of what is going out into the universe from gurus. But this man… I NEVER hesitate to buy what he’s offering and I’m always overwhelmed by the quality of his content and the sincerity with which he works. I’m % certain this offering will live on to be just amazing!! Thanks, Brendon!!
6. I’m Sold on Brendon - Brendon is awesome at laying the groundwork and motivation for a “getting things done” marketing mindset, tactics and techniques. I love to create content and not do much marketing. But, the two go hand in hand and Brendon is helping to make the journey more enjoyable and actionable. Thank you Brendon!
7. Brendon is genius! - Brendon is genius!!! Absolutely phenomenal! Subscribe and you will be amazed! He is raw, real, incredibly talented and unbelievably smart! Love his teachings… everything he teaches. I’ve been listening to Brendon since . Life transforming content. He is such an inspiration. Highly recommended.
8. Fantastic show - I’ve always been blown away by the value Brendon gives, its literally part of his own selling style and it to great benefit to those of us that need to learn online marketing. I’ve listened to of these and its so nice to get such actionable info without feeling like you’re being pitched to nonstop. My wife was even pumped “he always really gives the goods” she said.
When it comes to sales, you can either sink or breakthrough to the next level to become a top performer. Salespeople come from all walks of life and some of the most successful sellers have the most interesting sales stories. We dig into their background to uncover what makes them successful and get tactical with the sales skills that have made them stand out in their sales careers. We bring on sellers in all different stages of their sales careers and cover a broad range of sales topics f...
Release date: 2023-03-05
1. Thank you Collin - Collin is one of those people whose vibe and energy just radiates through his voice. He’s calming, comforting, authentic and caring. No matter the guest or topic, it always helps. I am going through a very difficult time personally and Collin’s podcasts always bring me light. Thank you, Collin, for being you.
2. Direct and zero punches pulled - One thing I like about the Sales Transformation Podcast is that Collin walks the talk by being sales leader himself in his day to day. It’s not some aspirational sales manager talking a lot of noise about what sales leaders should be doing when never having been in the role themselves. Plus, you can tell he’s been through a lot with how he approaches his guests lol Not holding back from tough questions and going deep on important topics, just a like a true sales rep. Doing great discovery and finding the emotional hook to drive the conversation forward.