Release date: 2018-11-21 Genre:Drama $9.99
1. Good writing - …excellent cast, and a needed anti-ego lesson so many fail to learn. timely today, as others’ have also noted. i am disgusted how racists in our country have been permitted to function freely; and such people should never enjoy any freedom. more dialogue like this is needed more than ever. go help someone today. and keep aware to talk sense to every maga(t) whose path you cross.
2. Green Book - This movie is exceptional. I am from outside NYC, and, although I was only in , as I got older I saw and heard things which made me be in a position to relate to the characters and the messages they were conveying. This is a must see, especially for someone from the NYC area in their mid ’s or older.
3. Great and accurate film. - The controversy has been disproven, as audio has surfaced of interviews where Don Shirley discussing his friendship with Tony the Lip. Not all white people were racist, as this film shows. Well it shows that a radiator could change to be more accurate. It is also clear that Shirley helped Lip just as much, so it’s not a one sided “hero trope.”
4. BeWare of Biased Reviews from The Ware - What's up with Lawrence Ware of the NY Times, who claims to speak for all black folks with his misguided comment about this screenplay? Ware seems irritated that the movie would be at all appealing to white audiences as well as blacks. Is this just supposed to be an Afrocentric movie? No, it's a movie for all people who enjoy Shirley's awesome music and the story of his life. Listen to the Academy Awards...don't listen to the stilted, jilted NY Times.
5. Great Movie - I saw some reviews that make this out to be a bad, inaccurate movie. You should watch this movie for the characters and the story it tells. This is a story of an Extremely Talented black man and his uneducated white driver. It is based on a time when racism ran wild in the South. The chemistry between these two actors is incredible, and the film is well shot. Whether it is factually correct or not is irrelevant. It is a great, feel good movie...Period!
6. Great Film But ... - This was a very well put together film, all the acting was very impressive (although the lead role was a little D for a lead role). However the whole thing ends up being a little white savior-ish. Ali’s character gets into many issues but there isn’t a single time he gets out of it himself, it’s always a white man who helps save him.
7. Wow - This movie was an amazing movie. If you read below there is a comment in which the actor apologizes to the family for not portraying his character accurately. This movie did not seem to be predominately about the white man or the black man. Both characters played a huge roll together in the film. You see a man who is constantly disrespected but stands his ground, is polite, and makes different choices than fighting fire with fire. Something that I think deserves more respect than a man who can’t control his anger because someone is rude. You see a second man learning to be more of a gentleman, to think before acting, changing a perspective of someone because he has an amazing role model. How the family could have portrayed this movie wrong is beyond me. I fell in love with both characters and will own this movie.
8. Wow just wow - Im not really in for sjw crap and was going in thinking this movie was gonna push some bs agenda. But just absolutely loved this film. vigo def shouldve won am oscar for this performance. A movie hasnt truly made me smile like this in a long time. The fired chicken scene. I just lost it man.
Release date: 2005-07-22 Genre:Drama $4.99
1. Ten Years, and this movie still touches my soul - If you're ever need a boost when life has kicked you, and maybe a little motivation will push you through, this movie will definitely recharge your spirit. A real movie, about real people, who don't have anything but a dream. It's times like this when we all need a reminder that when you're at your lowest, having a dream can take you places you could never imagination.
2. Hustle and Flow - The plot was too lineal and lacked authenticity which is what the movie was striving for. Any movie about pimps and hookers needs to convince me that it is a realistic depiction of that lifestyle. The details seemed true and so did most individual scenes but the arc of the story and the presentation and timing of critical plot twists seemed amateurish and false. For this reason the whole movie was a failure in my eyes.
3. yall need to hold up - dis is a good movie dont get me wrong...but all yall dat are rating rap/hip-hop movies and then comparin them to mile and trashin the ish outta em's film....yall need to check yourselves and f off...forreal...besides the pointless brittany murphy chracter...there isnt a stronger music film that depicts the fight it takes to even get respect in ur own hood then mile....the struggle is always there...yall should watch the end of this flick and realize success dont happen that easy...which is why i gave dis 's....trust me...good movie....but dont mess wit da greatest emcee of all time and his musical masterpiece
4. One of my best films of - This landed on my number of with good reason. This film makes " Mile" look like beginner's luck. Although the songs are filled with heavily explicit material, they are , times better than the former film mentioned above in that the songs convey the pain, emotion, and struggles that the main character goes through. I'm surprised (and also glad) that Terrence Howard recieved a Golden Globe and Oscar nomination for his fine performance. Rapper Ludacris does another fine job as well (even if it was a short role) as both actors came hot off the heels of "Crash". That I'll save for another review (if iTunes gets it, that is.) As well as recieving a Golden Globe and Oscar (where it won for Best Song, surprisingly), the movie also recieved MTV Movie Award nominations, including one for Howard.
5. Wow, Terrance Howard Shines - A fantastic debut for Craig Brewer. You may think it is a bad movie about pimps and rappers, but it is not. "Hustle and Flow" is about a man trying to find his way through life. Noteables are fantastic performances by Anthony Anderson and Ludacris, also "It's hard out here for a pimp" is a great song. It has a few slow scenes, but it is a great movie fueled by Terrance Howard.
Release date: 2001-06-22 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. LEMME HERE THAT ENGINE ROAR - This is my number favorite movie of all time. My dad used to be a race car driver (he's going to so some time trials soon) and he showed me this movie about five months ago and ever since then I have been studying racing. You can ask me any question about racing and I will answer it. Also Also my dad has a honda s so whoo whoo My i my da
2. Speechless - I can write a thousand page paragraph and still have more to say on how amazing this movie is!! It got me on the edge of my seat!! I praise the awesome Vin Diesel and the cast for their unbelievably awesome work. (Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez and many many others) Awesome movie. I recommend it to anyone having a night in.
Release date: 2019-08-02 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Best F&F film - This is by far the best of the new F&F films, I still prefer the grounded in reality first The Fast and The Furious but this is a close second. The Rock and Stathem give the franchise the boost it needs and the directing in this film is great. The last couple of F&F films have been boring too much about Vin Diesel, it’s about time somebody else got a chance and it works. You won’t be disappointed.
2. Silly and over the top - I love the Rock and Jason Statham, but this movie takes all the silly over the top action movie cliche's from the Fast and Furious movies and combines them into some sort of weird action/buddy comedy that really just doesn't work. Even as a stand alone outside of the F&F universe, this was just dumb.
3. Boring, uninspiring, predictable... - Loaded with fake looking chase and fighting scenes while devoid of any semblance of engaging plot or character development. So much fighting you, thankfully, get a break from the lackluster, uninspiring script. Action sequences are entirely predictable, and humor is juvenile. Take my advice and spend your money on a film that won’t leave you saying...”Crap- that’s hours of my life I’ll never get back..,”
4. Terrible and stupid CGI - I always thought the F&F movies were entertaining except for the last few where completely doable (by professional drivers) “real” driving started to get replaced by stupid special effects and this one topped it all with worse than cartoonish CGI. It was a complete waste of time watching it. It’s unfortunate when there are real drivers out there doing insane and real stunts to be watching some very bad computer animation. I’m glad Paul Walker (RIP) don’t have to watch this crap. He was awesome!!!, not like this movie.
5. Unrealistic everything blow things up movie - If you want some unreal eye candy and like mindless violence and flight scenes and silly one liners then you will love this movie. If you’re looking for a real movie with a story and some sense of realism then you will hate this movie. I personally was getting bored. The main actors did a nice job but the story and everything else what just stupid. The basic idea was interesting about a genetically modified soldier. All else went wrong. I’m surprised the rock would be in something so stupid. I’m sorry but I seen documentaries, romance and even comedy movies more interesting than this movie. I was watching YouTube videos on my phone to pass the time I was so bored. If you like mindless nonsense you will love this. If you want to stimulate your mind forget it.
6. Mediocre - Not what I expected from Johnson and Statham. The fight scenes were hard to watch. The battering between the two just seemed like two girls rambling about nothing. The whole movie didn't excite me much. Seemed like the last episode of the F&F. I will say the four wheelers were cool and the Samoan piece was cool. I didn't care much for the plot either. It was basically just blowing stuff up and talking smack.
7. Awesome ride - Hobbs and Shaw didn't disappoint. While it was different from the F&F franchise movies, it was similar in that it was fun, fast cars, beauitful women, funny, family strong, and blowing stuff up. A great movie for all ages, in our family, we span the number scale and we all loved it, a great way to celebrate the holiday together, watching this movie, laughing, and having a good time. Recommend to anyone that like the franchise characters but is looking for something a bit different.
8. Enjoy the FUN!!!! - Critics should only review Green Tomatoes type movies. For the average person, Hobbs and Shaw was fun, exciting, great one-liners. Not to mentions a beautiful woman that could kick a&!!!
The movie flowed great and is definitely worth the buy. The fight scenes are fun without being corny, while we all know that we go to the movies to be taken out of reality with these types of movies. I'm not sure what all of you were expecting from a F&F spin off but this one is a good start for the, hopefully, second installment. The quick scene with Kevin Hart was awesome!!! As soon as he turned in the chair I started laughing. Rent or buy this movie. It will take you out of the norm and allow you to have fun for a hour or two. I bought it because I know that I will watch it again. These movies aren't meant to be Oscar winners people, they are meant to make sitting in a chair and losing yourseltf possible for just a little while.
Release date: 2011-04-29 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Swept into the Action - This is actually the only movie I saw from this franchise all the way through. I didn’t know what to expect, but while I was watching it, I was blown away! Though some action sequences seemed unrealistic, since some of the characters came out of them unscathed, I didn’t care about that since I was only be focusing on how cool they all made it look onscreen. It was great that the story incorporated all the characters from the previous films into this one, while also introducing new characters, because they all made for a great team in a fun and exciting action film.
2. The best in the series so far - I haven't seen Fast yet, but I watched Fast Five on Friday, and it fully exceeded my expectations. This movies was full of nonstop action, great cars, beautiful women, great actors, and great lines by them. I would give it stars if I wanted. This was one helluva ride. If you enjoyed the others, this is a must see. Even if you haven't, it's a must see.
3. READ!!! - For those who didn't know. Fast Five is suppose to be in the time line before Tokyo drift. Just saying because a lot of people are getting confused that the fact Hon (The japanese guy) is still alive. And at the end of Tokyo Drift the main guy in this movie said he knew Hon because he used to roll with him.
4. Waste of time and money - So totally stupid and far from the reality as it possibly gets. Imagine: heavily armed FBI-agents shooting their way through Rio! Car chases that has no credibility. And the plot? OMG! And this is an insult to the people (and police forces) of Brazil! In Norwegian: Dette blir så til de grader et tynt plott. Total mangel på troverdige skuespillere. Handlingen er så fjernt fra en hvilken som helst sammenligning med virkeligheten som det i det hele tatt går an. Tenk bare noe så idiotisk som at en tungt bevæpnet gruppe med amerikanske FBI agenter skal få lov til å operere fritt i Rio's gater. Omtrent som om Telemarksbataljonen skulle få frie tøyler i London til å kunne skyte i hytt og gevær blant sivilbefolkningen. Biljaktene blir også fordummende. Dette er en hån mot brasilianerne. De er heldigvis mer siviliserte enn skuespillere og produsenter fra Hollywood. Men det som er skremmende er at mange amerikanere tror at dette er et speilbilde av virkeligheten. Nei, lei heller en god kvalitetsfilm, de er det nemlig nok av.
Release date: 2015-08-14 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Very Polished Lie Pie - I watched this movie, really getting into these characters and really loving their message. Screw the establishment and screw the oppressive law enforcement tactics of the LAPD; watching this, I really wanted to learn more about all of them and buy more of their work, read whatever they wrote, celebrate these seeming heroes of the people. The movie made them seem like they had started a movement and they were rebels with a message that refused to be shut up. Great. But then I started digging around on Wikipedia and YouTube and came to find out about the abusive trash that Dr. Dre was towards women. And I get that in those times, women took a lot but it seemed like he had ZERO problems beating Michell’ee or Dee. I’ve never heard about that and none of that was shown in the movie. Not even hinted at. And the only reason I can see that he issued any apology at all is because of the press around this movie questioning just that; the absence of his abuse of women. Tell the WHOLE story. Then you look at these interviews and they’re not heroes like the movie is saying. Not a one of them has admirable traits….objectively looking at their lyrics, aside from calling out the police on that one song…what else is there? I just wasted my time on a hr movie that I gained nothing from. Maybe others might like it cause nostalgia but I’m good.
2. Ok - Don’t get me wrong. It was a great movie, great acting, writing but let’s be realistic here. I think that they promoted a false image of what NWA actually was. Basically, NWA were just some guys from the streets who wanted to make money and talk about gangs, drugs, violence and calling women the b word and nothing more but this movie depicted them as being some social justice advocacy group which is completely untrue and false. Even Eazy E said himself that they were just street dudes from the streets and they weren’t into that social justice advocacy stuff so I just wish that they were a little bit more honest about their image and what NWA actually was instead of hiding behind social justice advocacy
3. The Best music biopic of all time - One Inevitable thing that took me away with this film just from seeing the previews, was that all the actors look as exact as the original rappers and MC’s themselves, but once i got in the theater, sat down and watched the movie in its entirety, Never have i felt like I relived a past and an iconic time period that once was. Not only do the actors look precisely like the characters, but they certainly play them extremely well and you can feel the energy flowing from the screen. This is a biopic that is much more than one that demonstrates the culture of hip hop, its a reality check that takes us into the heart of Compton, and every member of the N.W.A is faced with adversity with ambitions of being more than just regular workers, the movie opens with Eazy-E “Jason Mitchell” who is caught up in the rapture of not just avoiding a couple of street bullets, but also bullets from the cops who try to break into a house that he tries to escape (inevitably he does) “Young Ice Cube, who is played by who better and more obviously perfect than...well..his son! “O’shea Jackson jr.” he's lyricist we see writing rhymes on a school bus with inspirations to be a rapper one day, than we have the iconic Dr. Dre “Corey Hawkins” who has probably the most relatable problem of society, being pressured by his mom to get a new job or go to school vs DJ’ing his way to hopes and dreams, he's got a kid as we know and bills to meet, and it is very difficult to have assertiveness on having a vision of your own that nobody else believes in besides yourself. This is the course of the whole movie, in this time hip hop was barely a genre, black men barely had the same equality as white men, the entire film is about overcoming adversity and making a new name into the world by just believing in one another. Along the way they come across the famed Jerry Heller who is played extremely well by “Paul Giamatti” he’s the recruiter and music manager of Ruthless Records who puts mainly Easy-E (Eric) on the map, the two develop a business and personal relationship that seems unbreakable, and eventually Dre, Yella & Ren tag along for the money & the fame. However Cube sees the flaw in Jerrys plan, it benefits him mostly vs the artists that are signed to him so cube eventually goes solo to diss NWA& Jerry’s “Ruthless” label, and this is where pride & wisdom play their roles in the plot development. At one point there is a concert in Detroit they all attend to, they are warned by the Federal Government to not play a specific song that disrespects Law Enforcement. The artists rebel on stage and play it anyway, why? Not just to make themselves feel they sit above the law, but because they want to reiterate “freedom of speech” this continues a string of non lethal arrests throughout the first half of the movie, before they became famous their reality was a casual random police stop & frisk every evening, even if the parents are watching. Police brutality is demonstrated to the extreme in this movie and it feels authentic because that was the sign of the times for black america in the late ’s. We get other excellent cameos for iconic rappers for the likes of Tupac, Snoop Dogg & Suge Knight. This a vast improvement from the “Notorious” biopic where the story was more off, the actors looked almost nothing like the past figured and the story had less meaning. Notorious was still a good movie, but this is far better. This is a film that demonstrates the reality of south central Los Angeles in a time where the black culture was unrecognizable, and it is brought to life by courage, self assertiveness, loyalty, friendship and teaches us the will to NEVER give up on our dream and that its never impossible to make a new name for society. Alot of hardship that develop between the characters, but when they learn to overcome it feels inspiring. You don't need to love hip hop to appreciate this film, its a shade of real life and history that boldly repeat itself and gives me and others a reason to clap in the end.
Release date: 2017-04-14 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Absolute CGI garbage... - % unrealistic, far, far, FAR cry from what this franchise was with Paul Walker. This trend has continued to decline the memory of what this entire series was about. They have transferred it to a ridiculous version of unbelievable nonsense and destroyed the story line. The writers need to go back and watch the first couple to reorient themselves to what they should be writing. As a guy who grew up watching these, I’m embarrassed I’ve purchased and even WATCHED the last few releases. I’m sad to see the decline from story line, one that people can relate to, and pushed to over-the-top CGI nonsense.
2. I actually liked this movie - “Huh, took longer than I expected.” One of my favorite lines. Anyway, yes it’s like all the last ones, but that’s kinda the point. Deckard was a bit out of place in this one, but he still fit in enough. Mr. Nobody was a great addition in , and “little nobody” even better lol. “IIt’s NeOn OrAnGe. The International SpAcE StAtIoN could see it coming!” The ninth film resolved some of Deckard’s situation with the resurrection of Han. It was great, though Paul Walker’s absence carved quite the hole and didn’t really make sense with, you know, the plot that the movie had. Brian would definitely not sit by with that. That was fixed with the line “We can’t drag Brian into this.” So really, it does work. The one major thing is that they should’ve left the Brian tribute out of the seventh film and waited to resolve that injustice until the final movie. Perhaps with him dying in the last movie or something. However, it did work, and the franchise is doing quite well.
3. Don't Know How They Do It - Lots of action, explosions, macho posing, butt shots, and the usual. It did not disappoint. But this time, they REALLY do save the world! At first I thought there was no snowball's chance in hell any writer could get these misfit car thieves to intercept a nuclear submarine, but, by God, they did. As in all Hollywood movies, when you need a nuke or a submarine, inject Russians or Russian separatists or Russian defectors-turned-mercenaries. Still lots of ridiculous non-sensical fun and the ever-growing cast make it interesting. The next one will have to add the entire cast of the Expendables just to keep pace as they take on aliens with the latest line of Dodge products and classic roadsters.
4. Looks dumb - I can just tell by the other reviews and the trailer story that I do not want to buy this movie even for the discounted $. at this time; the story just makes no sense and the missing characters appear to make it worse. Sorry, gonna pass for now. Make it $, maybe I will buy, or a $ rental.
5. L.O.V.E - I have nothing but absolute LOVE for all the F&F movies. The actors/stunt actors; all the production/direction, and the mighty work force in between and after production etc; can do no wrong, in my opinion. You all right first time round (st movie), and for me it just gets better and better. I love you all for making and creating such enjoyment and WOW the fantasy rides of my dreams. Thank you.
6. Good Movie - The movie in my opinion was awesome. I loved how instead of having the whole family united it was broken and dysfunctional. I thought it brought a new quality to it. I do agree that some of the jokes are a bit corny but it all depends on your type of humor. And tbh guys OF COURSE FAST AND FURIOUS HAS KINDA DOWN HILLED LATELY BECAUSE THEY LOST THE MAIN CHARACTER! (RIP Paul Walker)
7. Worst in the franchise so far - Pointless movie, felt like they made just because they could. The franchise is so far removed from the plots of the first four F&F they should seriously change the name. Roman is the only character remaining from essence of the first four films. Dom, Letty and Tej (who now is turned into a nerd???) now have new personalities and are week and lame. The other new ones are boring and pointless. Dump Hobbs, Ramsey and government connection go and back to street racing & crime!
8. The franchise still has fuel. - The majority of movies now a days talks about the plot twist. So here's where the U Turn is for this fast trilogy. The Evil Diva played by Charlize Theron sinks her meat hooks into the beloved Vin Diesel character and his family has to deal with his betrayal. The returns of Kurt Russell and Jason Statham weaves in the plot nicely! And as I live and breathe We see Helen Mirren which was great! Watch the Fate of the Furious with a seat belt on.
Release date: 2003-06-06 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Waste of my time completely - I was blown away by all films in the series except this. Paul walker now teams up with Ludacris/Chris Bridges. Why? A clip in this movie shows that O'Conner was arrested after giving his car to Toretto (that happened in the first movie). Despite Brian deserving to lose his job, he is offered a chance to not be fired if he can arrest a drug cartel in Miami. Release from house arrest also is awarded if Tej Parker (Ludacris) is able to do his job without running. The storyline was boring. The last stunt failed to amuse me in anyway. Even Tokyo Drift was a winner in comparison to this horrid installment. If you want to watch this movie, it airs on TNT and TBS (TNT has it more and it is not shown in early morning hours) so try those ones. Even worse, Vin Diesel did not appear. If you want my opinion, fans of the series should be careful about watching this, and those who are new to the films will be amused by this and then watch the others. Have fun!
2. banana pudding slices - i crappp granny smith apples sometimes and it hurts so i think this movie reminds me of the times when i drive cars and it happens. the popoes try to catch me they feel sorry for my issue! However i love crapping bananas and making them into pudding especially while i listen to i touch myself the song. i was raised by the egyptians on the planet of apes, they taught me to never watch fast and furious because it offended the population and culture of egyptian mutant cats (sphinx)
3. Speechless - I can write a thousand page paragraph and still have more to say on how amazing this movie is!! It got me on the edge of my seat!! The director of this movie is amazing, and I praise the awesome Vin Diesel and the cast. (Paul Walker, Tyrece Gibson and many many others) Awesome movie. I recommend it to anyone having a night in.
4. The vehicle choice was phenomenal - Cars used: Nissan R- skyline GTR R-SPEC driver: Brian O'Connor Mitsubishi lancer evo. Twin turbo driver: Brian O'Connor Mazda rx twin turbo rotary driver: I forgot Toyota supra twin turbo driver: I forgot also Honda s driver: suki : Mitsubishi eclipse spyder driver: Roman Pierce Each car matches each character exquisitely
5. Hate it - I rented this movie and then it did but it didnt finish downloading but its in my videos and niw everytime i put my password in itunes it automatically puts it back in my videos and in itunes it has the thing as if it were downloading when its already in my videos and when i go to my account on my computer it says you have one download and i press download and nothing happens HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!
6. Awesome Movie! - This is one of my all time favorite movies & my favorite action film along with the other F&F films (Not including Tokyo Drift which I have never seen & don't plan to see because I hear its not as good as the others & it's not related to them either). This movie in my opinion is just as good as both the first & the fourth movie. I can't wait to see Fast Five! That sould be great as well & there's also a sixth movie in the works! Awesome! Anyway, this is one of the few movies I can watch over & over again & never get tired of it. Buy this movie if your a huge fan of car action films.
7. good movies - It's true haters, Import can really beat muscle. we are front and all wheel drive cars which have traction better than rear wheel. very few rear wheel drive imports are in these movies. so b judging anything take a drive with a real street racer not no show off that thinks I have a muscle car and always win and flash daddy's money!!
Release date: 2009-04-03 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. nd best one in the series - I really liked this movie and would recommend it to anyone who likes this style of movie. This to me isn't the best in the series but it's right up there. Paul Walker will be missed you are never gonna be forgotten by fans of this series or of your other projects. R.I.P. My condolences to his family and loved ones. Thanks for the memories.
2. Speechless - I can write a thousand page paragraph and still have more to say on how amazing this movie is!! It got me on the edge of my seat!! Justin Lin is an amazing director, and I praise the awesome Vin Diesel and the cast. (Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Michelle Rodriguez and many many others) Awesome movie. I recommend it to anyone having a night in.
3. an insult - every F&F movie has their own traits that make them VERY enjoyable movies in their own right....the first had story and characters to drive the movie....the second had FUN and GOOD TIME popcorn "car action" sequences with needed humor....the third is perfect all around.....and the fifth is an over the top action filled extravaganza....but THIS peice of trash lack everything that made previous movies so enjoyable.... CHECKLIST (story) the entire movie is spent avenging a character's death with no depth othre than taking down everyone involved
(action) CGI CGI CGI CGI ... :( (characters) doesnt even try to develop on the characters you know and love
(humor) NONE; movie takes itself WAYYYY too seriously OVERALL one of the biggest wastes of time /
4. Wow - All of theses movies tie back into one another as anyone who watched Fast Five can see the references to the random plot of the third movie (tokyo drfit). All tho they are not in chronological order it makes sense and now its confirmed that the th and th movies are on the way......... :D P.S. they might be running outta gas on the names...
P.P.S. TOMATO REVIEWERS MUST BE HAMMERED OUT OF THEIR MINDS TO WRITE SUCH BAD REVIEWS
5. nd best in the series!! - This movie is awesome. It is action packed, its got a great story, and the whole gang is back!!! Now, this is not really a car race film, but more of a car chase film. What i mean by this is that their is only one race in the movie and it is nothing like the other races we've seen, which i like. The other races were great, but this one takes it to a whole new level. It's not one of those races were they have a bunch of people lined up and they drive straight for sec. In this race, there are tons of twists and turns and no one has closed the streets so they are filled with raffic. I don't know about you but that sounds way more intense than just going straight the whole time. So all in all, this movie tops all of the others except for the newest installment, fast five ( Which is freakin' orgasmic ) . BUY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S - this movie has a balls load of cars flipping over, i don't know why but i love it when that happens. ok, i bought the movie on my ipod, then i downloaded it to my computer, and started to watch it. after min, it froze up and i can't watch it, plus its not in my purchased library but when i hit "buy" it says i have already downloaded it. sooooooooo whats up?
6. The Movie Order - For all of you that are confused with the movie order, this is the right movie order according to the sequel. . The Fast and The Furious
. Fast Furious
. Fast and Furious
. Fast Five
. Fast And Furious Tokyo Drift This is the right order in the sequel, not by movie year, but how it is in the sequel
7. wish I could rate more!!! - I freakin LOVE this movies!!! me and my mom always watch them. But I forget which order it's in... I think the first one is 'the fast and the furious' then it's 'fast and furious' I know that tokyo drift is the third one... and ' fast furious' is the th one... there we go!!! My moms fav person is vin desile an if he's not in the movie, she won't watch it...lol
8. Love all the movies!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I love this movie!!!!!!! I just seen fast five the newest one and I LOVED it SOOOOOOOO much it is the best one yet!!!:) and if u seen the last one there is the most shocking ending ever!!!!:) vin diesel is my fav person and all of the other people!!!!:) this movie is sooo funny too and has u on the edge of your chair!!!:) I recommend to buy fast five bit if u haven't seen fast and the furious u should watch tht first!!!!!!:) love this movie and fast five soooooo much!!!:)
Release date: 2006-06-16 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Drifting and appreciation - Drifting as portrayed in this movie is the Motorsport in which shifting pedal usage and vehicle speed and weight distribution come together in which the rear tires tend to lose traction and the car begins to slide in order to try and regain traction and momentum manipulated correctly can show control and power output which is what is mostly judged in competition in street drifting every thing is the same yet there is barely an equal playing field due to different modifications and cars used in street drifting however because often times they do it in an open street they tend to show off how they control their cars as portrayed in this movie perfectly.... (yes even though the yakuza was involved in this for no apparent reason other than for amusement purposes.... Warning street drifting is a form of street racing which is illegal and unsafe so do not attempt to do any illegal motor action sequences in real life) yes this a long commentary with a warning but mentioning the entire story of drifting helps you appreciate the movie better....
2. Best movie ever - This is my fav. Movie of all time so all the haters need to just simply not watch the movie it's that simple don't gotta diss a good movie bc u don't like it like for real this movie made more money than most plp will in there life why bc plp like it so why hate on it? Fast cars hot women wats better than that?
3. OK so - This movie was okayyy but it was definitely rushed. At one point when the camera zooms out when Han and whatvever the white kids name is are being chased by Takashi, the cars are drifting thru traffic and they literally are little toy cars in a "scale" city and doing mechanical drifts... :l I watched this movie like times so I saw it pretty quick, but I like all of the next Fast and Furious movies connect back to this with Han's character. It really tied up some loose ends on why there was a random change in plot and characters.
4. Wrong order - Love this movie as i do all the fast and furious movies. If you have seen them all including the fourth and fifth you are probably wondering how the character "Han" came "back to life in the fourth movie. Well he didnt. "Fast and furious Tokyo drift" is technically after the fourth and fifth movie "Han" has not died yet. Yay Han! Oh and if you have not seen the fifth movie, I think its the best one, stay after the credits for a big shock ending!
Release date: 2015-04-03 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Paul Walker Would Be Proud!!!!! RIP Paul! - OK So The Action Scenes In Furiuos Were In A way Obnoxious And Overbloated, But Honestly I Didn't Go to Fast and Furious Movies Expecting Gone With The Wind or The Sound of Music, For My Money I Got What I Asked For, Crazy Action From Pimped out Rides With Vin Diesel Behind The Wheel! And It Didn't Hurt That Jason Statham Was The Main Villain! And Dijmon Honsou Was The Secondary Villain! I Just Have Road Rash Watching It! Check Out Furious And Keep Both Hands on The Wheel!
2. Formulaic fantasy garbage - This movie is so slickly cynical it might as well be an excel spreadsheet: lots of bikinis, beer, fast cars, explosions, some exotic locales so it doesn't get too boring (Dominican Republic, the Caucasus), some relationship stuff to hook female viewers, etc etc--all in proportions carefully calculated for maximum "impact". Plot? Barely comprehensible tripe confected just as cynically--a bit of revenge, some brotherhood bonding stuff, computer hacking--that's cool now, isn't it? Let's see--oh, stick in some secret agents and some SF stuff, they go for that. The opening scene at least has some wit. The rest is dreck. A video game and a few TV ads would give you all Furious has to offer for a lot less cost. That the movie is so popular reflects not its quality but the low expectations of moviegoers.
3. Great movie for one last ride - This is a great movie. It has action throughout the whole movie. The ending was one that causes tears without a question. I almost cried but I held it together and I am not a cryer by any means. So that his powerful it was. Paul you will be missed. Vin keep the series up cause the fans deserve all the things the series can bring to the table. To everyone watch this movie.
4. Awesome!! - This is the best Fast and Furious movie. I hav seen all of them. Personally I think this is the best movie ever made! I love it and I suggest it to everyone. It has a lot of heart in it and I love the send off for Paul Walker. I can't wait for the th and th movie to come out. If you look online you will learn about how many more there will be. I recomend it for all ages. There is a little bit of fighting and blood but it isn't that bad. I am and this is my absolute favorite movie and it always will be, no matter what anyone says! Love this movie.
5. Whoa! - Everything I wanted.I expected action and violence because that's what me and my friend wanted in furious . My mom thought it was way too violent. I disagree completely. I love this movie but I'm years old turning tomorrow. I thing sensitive kids will get gruesome out a and grossed out because there's some bootys but other wise i think kids that can handle it can see it but anyway and up
Release date: 2002-11-08 Genre:Drama $9.99
1. Hard Knock Life - Eminem really came up from nothing and thanks to his friends, especially Doody, he had the determination to keep striving and ended up becoming one of the Greatest Rappers of all time and his MMLP made history. And he even won a Oscar for Lose Yourself. Eminem is a legend and deserves ever accolade he has.
2. FINALLY UNDER $. - So happy this movie finally was under $.. I got so sick of seeing $.. I’m not paying that. I got it straight away! Hurry & purchase this before it goes back up to $.. I love this movie so much too. So amazingly phenomenal! I was only years old when this came out & saw it @ years old when I first discovered who Eminem was. Love this movie. It’s everything! To think he was on the set of making this, & I’m right now. Life goes by so fast!!!! Still a great performance on this. Definitely worth the buy @ $..
3. Not too bad - This movie was different. It pretty much showed Eminem’s life and the life he lived. In a trailer and the work he did. The friend he had and the rival gangs that he had to deal with. The underground rap battles were pretty cool. The battle tore the other people up. That’s is a rap battle.
4. This Movie is a memory lane i love it - I watched this movie the day it came out in AMC with my high school friends. Been a Eminem fan since and still love his music, grew up listening to Em has made my life so easy and taught how to deal with people who just wanna bring you down. This movie is LIFE.
Release date: 2004-10-29 Genre:Drama $9.99
1. A beautiful biopic of the true musican Ray Charles - This beautifuly acted biopic of legendary pino player Ray Charles is abouslety amazing. They treat Ray Charle's life as some kind of magic trick or a well shot piece of filmmaking, Jamie Foxx was the perfect choice as Ray Charles if anyone can peal it off as Ray Charles is the wonderful Jamie Foxx because this movie has good acting and wonderful music throughout i highly recommend Ray it's a masterpiece.
2. Amazing - This movie showed the true aspects of Ray Charles' real life. They couldn't have picked anyone better than Jamie Fox; he was absolutely incredible and captured Ray's person as well as his music perfectly. It really shows the struggles of musicians lives, and shows how music effects people. I recommend this movie to any Ray Charles lover, and honestly to anyone else.
3. Good film - This review is to the person that gave this film two stars..... Seriously?? This was actually a real story not made up.. Yep he was addicted to heroin, yes he was blind, and yes he was a genius.... Ray was Jamie foxx's idol, and even if it was for the money that still doesn't make the film any less good to give it two stars
4. I love this movie!!!! - This movie is great. They picked great actors to play ray. He is my role model. He should be a great influence on everyone because he is so inspiring!! It is truely an inspiring movie. My moto for this movie is that Ray always kept moving forward and he always kept trying even though he had obstacles. Once again, great movie and awesome person.
Release date: 2005-11-04 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Underrated film. Very Real. - The cinematography of the film was excellent. There were parts of humor inserted at the right times in realistic implementation. The acting was very good as well as the characters. It was very real, so many soldiers deployed who truly served can certainly relate to this film. It was very sad watching one by one wives and girlfriends abandoning soldiers in real life, just like the movie. Love and war can play cruel jokes on the human mind. I thought the film was done well.
2. Great movie - If you are looking for a shoot 'em up war movie, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a hilarious, accurate representation of the Marines, this is your movie. I'm a Marine and I love how they portrayed the military (as well as the crude humor). Excellent acting and great character development. One of my favorite war movies.
3. Great movie - This is a great movie based on the book jarhead written by an actual marine scout sniper Anthony Swofford. For all you haters not every marine kills someone and if you read the book Anthony Swofford didn't kill anyone. Many grunts didn't kill either mainly due to the armor and air assaults by US tanks and jets (also other coalition forces). This movie deserves stars for showing the things that some marines do. (This is my opinion and my facts are valid, my uncle served in the marines during desert storm and he never shot his rifle at an enemy at all)
4. I love it - I love this movie! It may not have all the fight screens as other war movies. But that's why I love it. It shows mental part of war. Yea desert storm didn't really become anything happened ( I can't say much about it but I'm sure something happened) but still it shows how help in the movie changed. Every war movie is different. " every war is the same. Every war is different."- jarhead.
5. Good start, then got slow - Jamie Foxx was terrific. Jake G not the right guy for his part. The movie starts with some potential, but then........loses it's momentum. For me, too much of an artsy movie. Expected more "action adventure" because.........that's what it was listed as. Not a terrible rental.
6. Think before you speak - This is one of the best war movies ever made. When i see that people wrote "its not a real war movie, no iraqis were shot at" i know they have no idea what theyre talking about. A war movie is about war and operation desert storm was part of a WAR so that makes it a WAR MOVIE.
7. Meh. - It was pretty cool, but was more of a drama/comedy than it was a war movie. There was never even one shot fired at an actual Iraqi in it... no action.... not a war movie... sorry. But however it did show the mental things that go on through a marine's head, and it was hilarious. However once again, not a war movie. Tropic Thunder is an even better war movie. Sorry to say it, but it is because there is actual action in it. In Jarhead they could have balanced the action, the comedy, and the drama a little bit better.
8. NOT AN ACTION FILM. Fantastic war drama. - Jarhead is a very realistic war drama that captures the rampant emotions of young marines as they anticipate war and experience life on a battlefield. Much to my disappointment, Jarhead only contained few scenes which could even be considered "action". Nevertheless, Jarhead left a lasting impression on me and is a wonderful war drama, in my humble opinion.
Release date: 2018-08-10 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Black Lives Matter - Just watched this movie and let me tell you /. This movie showed the same things that are going around with the black lives matter movement. Showed that there is still racism going on in our country. This movie was also pretty funny in some parts, amazing acting by John David Washington!
2. Amazing - This movie is amazing. I think the only people that don’t like it are white people that feel like it’s attacking them. I also don’t think the know that this is a true story. They are just being Ignorant because they want to. That acting is also incredible, it shows more of the casual racism in America. The ending is just perfect it connect it to the present day and how this stuff is still happening. Writing this in at the beginning of June. It’s always been hard to be a black person in this country. Right now it seems like we are going back words and not moving this country in a forward directions.
3. Newsflash - A movie can be good and have a political message. Sorry you conservatives clearly would rather downright a movie just because of politics. “The only reason critics liked it was because they didn’t want to be called racists!” Wow, nice deduction, Einstein. You figure that out all by yourself? Or maybe, just hear me out... most critics... actually liked... I mean genuinely liked the movie... shocker I know. Not everything is some racist pro-liberal conspiracy. Every time I hear something about critics being corrupt or whatever I lose a bit of respect for the audience score on itunes and RT
4. I like it! - This movie sends a message that racism shouldn’t be fighting an enemy, but pushing a cause to have every living soul be able to live in harmony without having to worry. What I am saying is black power should be about gaining, not revenge or diminishing. It doesn’t shove white privilege down your throat, it says that radicalism is a bad thing. It sparks a question about debates. Not only this, it has a fun, quirky and original plot that is well executed, fills you with joy near the end, and sends a genuinely positive message to everyone. I haven’t seen a new release this good for a very long time. I really got into this movie quick.
5. Enjoyed it till the end - The movie was good until the propaganda at the end. Way to incite hatred. Using part of a Trump speech out of context again. The good people on both sides were the locals that use that park everyday.
Trump called the extremists on both sides that were there rioting that day out for the garbage they both are. Listen to the whole speech. Disappointed.
6. Ending ruins it - I enjoyed this movie because it didn’t just shove “racism is bad” down our throats for two hours (like Green book cough cough). It told a crazy, sometimes funny story about a true event and how dangerous it is when bad people are given power. However, trying to connect present day to what happened many years ago and saying it’s the same thing is ridiculous.
7. ‘BlacKkKlansman’ - ‘BlacKkKlansman’ left me speechless. It is so, so well done and so, so important and so, so powerful. The acting, the score, the writing, the directing, the story... everything is phenomenal about this film. Crazy and outrageous, this is a true story about the very first black cop who goes undercover joining the Ku Klux Klan with the help of his Jewish cop friend. That just sounds wack! I loved this movie so, so, so much and every movie buff NEEDS to see this movie! (I’d give it five stars, but nothing is perfect, but this film came pretty stinkin’ close).
8. Hate it - The first time I tried to watch i got minutes in and was just bored. I have seen most of Spike Lee's films and I can say he just does the same thing over and over when it comes to certain shots and angles. I usually only write good things but I had to say something about this mainly because of everyone being sour about Green Book. Green Book was a great movie. this was boring and formulaic. Just my opinion for what it's worth. Which is not that much.
Release date: 1983-12-09 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. K Looks Stunning! AMAZING FILM - What a great film especially all the scenes of South Beach Miami… To see what it look like in compared to today of it is like Hollywood now and it was really fun watching those scenes This is a bloody violent movie but in a good way it is a typical mafia type of film so many characters so many storylines and it’s a very long movie which was great Also I love that Brian de Palma made it as all of his movies are directed very well This was a very good watch especially in amazing K
2. LOVE THIS MOVIE - I only watched this as a kid one time and After watching it again on Netflix, i loved it and since they removed it days ago I decided to buy it so I could watch it all the time I want. Some people are bugging when they say this is the worse movie and someone really got fired cuz their BF played this movie
3. It’s not a good movie - So it’s my first time watching this movie even after years of hearing so many people saying that’s they're favorite movie. It had an OK intro it was interesting but the ending was horrible all the graphics where bad, take my advice if you want to see a better movie which is my all-time favorite by the way watch “The Goodfellas”
4. One of the many worst movie that was ever made - I hate this movie , my sister and ex boyfriend watch this stupid movie religiously , then they were staying over and watching it until in the morning because their stupidity cost me my job because they decided to turn the volume way up blasting it all over the house, they didn't care that i had to be at work a am , its hard to explain to your boss that you missed work because of scarface
5. Without - Without the Scarface their, would not be the version with Al Pacino. If you watch the original, you will see how the version uses everything that is in the version. The lines most importantly. The only difference is that, the original has to do with alcohol and the remake has to do with cocaine. The originals are the best, but remakes are good too. The version just does not match up to the . Also without those early gangster films, Scorsese would have never come up with the great gangster films like Goodfellas.
Release date: 2021-07-02 Genre:Thriller $14.99
1. The Twitter feed was better - Jeremy O’Harris is a great writer but in this case the production should have stuck to the original Tweets…it’s all there. The omission of a few key parts makes this film version pretty feeble in comparison to the outrageous story Aziah King tells so brilliantly. Great cast, especially Taylour Paige.
2. Incredibly disappointing - Why would someone waste the time, money and effort on such a film. You would be better off reading this as a short crime story in the newspaper or on a local news crime report. The actress Taylor Paige is the only thing that held me to continue watching but she should never have taken the role. Not worth the renting, not worth watching
3. Really Boring Strippers - The first minutes of this movie are quite boring. I’m writing this review as I’m watching it now because there really isn’t a lot happening in the film. Just a two strippers taking selfies and other mundane things. It’s not art or even salacious enough to keep our attention. While the original Twitter story is mildly interesting, it’s amazing how the writers managed to make the retelling so boring and uninvolving.
4. What a ride!!!! - Zola is one of the best movies of this movie and I mean it for sure. I saw the movie during the week it came out in theaters and I was surprised how much I like it. The cast is what make the movie so good in the first place. I will say there are few moments where it get kinda uncomfortable so you know what to expect for going in but it a A movie so what can you expect. I do I highly recommend Zola to fans of the Twitter thread and those who are into a intense ride type of movies if so it a Definite must buy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Release date: 2001-11-21 Genre:Comedy $4.99
1. I Disagree with the Critics! - I don't what it is about this movie, but I find it completely hilarious. It may not be Oscar worthy material or anything but I've always enjoyed it. For those unaware, its A [very] light hearted comedy variation of A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court. Just take it for what it is. It really never takes itself too serious so you shouldn't either.
2. The Black Knight - this movie is funny as hell. there's no way it should have got a star rating. whoever rated it a star must not have seen the full movie or is crazy. Martin Lawrence killed this role. I also like it when they add a new days twist to an old days theme, which is why this movie is so radical
3. Great movie!!! I loved it!!!! - I don't care that someone rated this movie as one star and my opinion differs tremendously. I love this movie! I also love the version of it with Keshia Knight Pulliam... I want that version too. Any other versions are usually garbage. So to those who think this movie stinks, uh... I don't get it. Martin Lawrence's career may or may not have gone downhill at the time this movie was made, but it rocks!!! As for that person who brought up race, as of the time I read that review, nobody else mentioned it.
4. Black Knight has its place. - I love when there are modern twists made on classic tales and more so when they are done creatively and add element to an all ready great story. You might think oh he is black and thats why he is the black knight. Looking beyond that simple take, you do find that it is just about this ordinary guy thrust into a world in turmoil. A world that needs a hero. He might not be fighting an army of darkness, but he is that guy none the less and in the end he gets the job done, in his own way. Thats what its all about.
Release date: 2006-08-08 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE - This is my favorite movie but I would not buy it on itunes. It is a waste of money. Rent it and then download it onto your ipod. Its easy, its free. I give this movie two thumbs up, of course. But two thumbs down on itunes because of the waste of money. But it is your choice, not mine.
2. the coolest cheer movie ever!!! - I LOVE cheerleading!!! I would know because I am a cheerleader!!! I also LOVE this movie because it is about cheer! When i first saw this movie i thought it was bad because it said bad words but then it grew on me and now i LOVE it!!! I really would LOVE if you made a third BRING IT ON!!!!!! FROM:Shailin Hebert in madsonville L.a. TO:BRING IT ON LOVE youuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))))
3. cool - I liked the movie i really should not be watching this video cause im not yet, but it was an interesting video i liked it i didnt understand why it was inappropreate movies are still good without all that junk well my favorite character is hayden/britney i think she is so beautiful, my x friend thinks that she is hayden so every time we watch this movie she is like OMG IAM STARING IN A MOVIE oh theirs me she would say when it is really hayden! PEOPLE WHO HAVNT WATCHED THE MOVIE ENJOY! just DO NOT let your KIDS wathch it. luv, Timmarie, Katie
Release date: 1992-03-13 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Where's Blood In Blood Out (Bound by Honor)? - This is a classic inmate/prison gang movie. It explores what the criminal lifestyle is about. Struggle for power in prison and on the streets. Even putting brother against brother. Great dramatic film. "BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT", is another CLASSIC prison film. Equal to "American Me", in my opinion.
Email iTunes to ask for "Blood In Blood Out (HD)".
2. True to its roots! - This movie was not only one of the best movies of its time but it also kept its authenticity. Edward James Olmos gave a phenomenal performance in this film! This has to be one of the greatest if not best performances by Mr. Edward James Olmos! Little-known fact about this movie was that it was so authentic that the real mafia actually was concerned about how much information was given out! Unfortunately I knew some of the characters (not main characters but as far as background characters or extras) that were hurt or worse, because of this movie! This film was such a controversial movie that during the making of it, since actual gang members were used as extras, gang advisers and mediators were hired to maintain the peace! Also behind the scenes (not recorded) actual LAPD officers had to be on scene to ensure that outside crime was not going to be an issue which really didn't help whatsoever being that they had to maintain order not just on the outside but on the inside as well when the mediators fell short unfortunately. I enjoyed this movie and continue to enjoy it! It's one of the very few movies that I can actually watch over and over without getting bored! Those that have seen it I'm sure feel the same way. However this is not a movie for children or people that do not like torture or violence it is definitely not a family movie so please be advised! Rent or buy either way enjoy!
3. Nothing to be proud of - Great portrayal of the Mexican gang life from what I see living in Cali. Mexicans shouldnt be proud of this movie, if you are you're brain dead. Bunch of tough guys having sex with men inside the prisons they were foolish enough to get locked up in. Doesn't sound like viva la raza to me!
4. Edward James Olmos! - This film is a powerful gritty no holds barred look into what is/was the mexican mafia. I have friends who enjoyed it and others who just frowned on it's straight forward approach on prison and gang life. I for one am against the Mexican mafia and everything it represents. Overall fantasic and olmos is superb in this film.
5. Mexican mafia - This movie was pretty good though it needed a lot more detail like blood in blood out and i wish they would make a movie about the hardships of nortenos or nuestra familia since everything cholo means sur to people and they say ese cuz southside is the most known mexican gang it would be interesting to show people the other side of the map on califaz
6. mexicanos - this movie is freakin kool..i liked how everything was well done..i did a report on the mexican mafia once for H.S...and since thz movie is based on it edward olmos almost got killed for makin thz film!!!...he received so many death threats and everything from members of la eme..crazy s@t!!....but overall great movie..i just really wish itunes had Blood In Blood Out cuz that another badass movie rite there... ]
7. CHICANO POWER - THIS IS A GREAT FILM THAT SHOWS THE CHICANO CULTURE THE GOOD AND BAD OF CHICANO LIFE. THE OTHER MOVIES ITUNES NEEDS TO GET ARE BOULEVARD NIGHTS, WALK PROUD, MI VIDA LOCA. BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT ( BOUND BY HONOR) AND MI FAMILIA (MY FAMILY) TO COMPLETE THE SET OF MOVIES AND I WOULD BE GREATFUL
Release date: 1998-01-16 Genre:Comedy $14.99
1. RitaAnn's_Reviews - I'm pretty picky about what I spend my time doing. Watching movies or sitting around just isn't my thing. However, I have kids. Now these kids are not my biological kids, just those that have been mutually adopted by me and me by them. lol Mostly youth from the streets. Over the years I've been complaining about how they spend their time; "Most movies are FLUFF!" and "if you're going to do something, at least generate income doing it!", or "If you're going to waste time watching something, at least watch something educational" and other sessions of rants. So, the other day, one of the kids said I had to watch this movie, of course, I wasn't moved to do so. Then he put the movie in and ...BAM! It happened. I got so tickled I couldn't stop laughing. Laughing's not so unusual for me really, but not when I watch a movie. This isn't a movie I'd suggest normally.This is the type of movie youth and stoners love and appreciate. I'm neither, but I found it a pretty good movie and laughed throughout. Parts of it were slow at times but for the most part it was a pretty funny movie. WillieNelson also appears which I thought was pretty awesome seeing how I've loved Mr. Willie since my childhood.
So, I'd say that if you're looking for something to laugh at and need to waste some time; this is the movie to watch. RitaAnn ...ready to watch it again.
2. Not So Great - The film has some very funny moments, but those are few and far between. It should have been much funnier, and even Dave Chappelle has lamented in many interviews that his original idea for the film was funnier. How High, which is not so great on its own, is still a better comedy and stoner movie.
3. Hehe - Sup homie ya kno the only problem i had when viewing this cinematic adventure was da fact dat i was not only half baked but totally blazed. ya i cant seem to remember much but watev. how do you get a jew in a car? tell him theres a quarter in the back seet. how to get him out? tell him hitlers driving. haha man im funny
4. MAny Memories with this movies - This movies is beyond stars to me man i have billions of memories with my homies an girls watchin this the only thing i dont get is how pineapple express has reviews an this has when this movie ane cheech an chong made the genre but neways peace out an this movies is classic stoner buddy comedy.
Release date: 1993-11-10 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. One of the best chase scenes ever - I can't stand Brian DePalma. He makes vulgar, vaguely pornographic movies that fail as pornography and fail as narrative (except Carrie.) That's why this is a pleasant exception. It is a bit dated at this point but full of great scenes as a paroled con tries to escape "the life." Pacino is ridiculous as a Puerto Rican ex-con - but so what? Chase scene at the end is extraordinary.
2. Just Brilliant!!! - I read both books by Edwin Torres the novels are so real it should be a true story This great movie is over two decades old and I still cant imagine anyone topping Pacino's brilliant performance as Carlito Brigante! It's the only movie I looked for on Itunes, happy to see its arrived. Bravo!
Release date: 2016-01-15 Genre:Action & Adventure $14.99
1. Surprisingly Enjoyable - I watch the first Ride Along and thought it was ok I got some good laughs - enjoyed, recommended, and watched it when I had the opportunity- but didn't buy it. This second movie was surprisingly better! the comedy was balanced, storyline consistent, and over all entertaining - I've purchased this one. I will say this may not be a movie for everyone. I am a Kevin Hart fan & an O'sha Jackson fan and enjoyed there works independently.
2. This series died a death FAST - Normally, the buddy cop gimmick works with pretty much anyone...not so much here. Very boring movie with super lame jokes. I took a date to see this. I didn't close that night but it still was better than having to sit through this movie. I'm sure Central Intelligence w/ The Rock will just be Ride Along .
3. Eh - It has some good parts, but it’s mostly a movie that I feel is trying to hard to be like the first one. A lot of the things that happen don’t need to happen at all and are just useless bits or scenes meant to bring needless sex appeal, that improves nothing. It also gets quite boring and repetitive in some parts. Overall not worth the money it costs to rent it, and definitely not to buy it.
4. Kevin Hart is always great - I just watched this PG- comedy expecting it to be funny but probably not family friendly (man I'm so old); but in a world of too much reality and a need for movies to be hilarious and still keep the laughs and wonderful expected plot twist to be purely for a break from the news and find fun in this tried and true buddy comedy that also is another brick in the Ice Cube genius career.
Release date: 2009-02-20 Genre:Drama $9.99
1. This guy's got a bad attitude!!!! - What exactly is with this guy?!! Does he NOT think that a woman can speak for herself? I of course admit that I wouldn't know, but I don't know that many women OR men who would subject themselves blindly to a bully! Hey, Tyler! That attitude towards women is exactly what sparks so many protests.
2. Unfocused - This movie is called Madea Goes To Jail right? It is a good movie but it focuses on Candy and the other guy more than Madea who is the main charactor! It's called Madea Goes To Jail. Not Candy The Prostitute so it should be more about Madea! It's still a awesome movie and that's my review
3. TOMATO METER MUST BE ASLEEP!!! - This movie was GREAT!!! I can't believe the Tomato Meter ratings are so poor. Maybe they watched something else. I have watched every single Tyler Perry play, movie and anything he directs and a laugh my a-- off through the entire program. Oh and yes, there is always a hidden life message in his work. BUT the have such a low rating from the "critics" on this movie is WAY OFF!! THIS MOVIE IS WORTH LAUGHING THROUGH BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT IS - FUNNY. i'm actually getting ready to rent it yet again!
Release date: 1995-05-31 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. La Haine - Incredibly powerful movie from one of most talented french movie makers, Mathieu Kassovitz. Through the story of these friends and their daily life in this difficult environment, the movie paints a very realistic picture of the french suburbs surrounding Paris. Still very much applicable to current days, this movie never gets old, the black & white picture amplifies the strength of the story. Well written, the movie was also the revelation for Vincent Cassel. A must see, a classic of the modern french cinema.
Release date: 2008-02-19 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. Very sad - So sad how the oppressors ruined the lives of the so called African Americans after slavery, which are the real children of Israel. But, I can’t blame the oppressors for everything. It was our forefathers who decided to serve other gods and forget about the laws, statutes, and commands of the most high which would prompt the Deuteronomy :- curses that would plague the children of Israel who are the Hebrew Israelites. It’s sad that they only look at us as drug dealers, when they purposely put the drugs in our neighborhoods. Look at us as killers, when their fathers made the guns and purposely put them in our neighborhoods. The oppressors have totally destroyed the Israelites. It’s ok, the Judgment for the oppressors will be worse according to the biblical prophesy. Genesis :- and Acts : are the beginning of their judgments. Revelation :
2. The Self Inflicted Darknesses of Life - I’ve read Frank Lucas’s Memoir times. Original Gangster. I’ve seen this Film times. The writers of the screenplay would have us believe that the self-inflicted darknesses of life are awesomely harsh and black and white at all times. Denzel Washington is asked to portray a caricature of Frank Lucas. Frank Lucas is a man who loved and parented his son Yogi and his daughter Francine. He parented. When Yogi was living with his Mother in a place full of addicts, a place which made junkies and criminals like a factory, Frank Lucas decided to take Yogi and raise him in the loving home, he and his Wife Julie provided. I think in this, you see a layer to Mr. Lucas that fundamentally changes how you perceive him. Reading of the interactions between Frank and his little girl, Francine, it’s impossible to believe in the one dimensional monster this Film makes Frank out to be. The scenes of Lucas floating on a raft with some costume gear attempting to demonstrate his journey to the poppy fields is incredulous. Lucas went only once and on the return through jungles which could only be traveled through by foot, for days, amounting to weeks, he was nearly murdered. His guides lost nearly all their food and Frank was forced to eat worms. He contracted a severe illness like the flu and by the time he made it back to his Hotel Room, a man who never stopped for anything, was forced into his bed for a week. The scene where Frank shoved his brothers head through a window. The scene where Frank beat his cousins head and face with a piano lid. Frank never wanted his family in the business. Frank did all he could to provide for them and present them a separate set of options. THIS IS WHAT’s REAL!!! Frank Lucas and his Wife Julie, the Puerto Rican beauty Queen in this Film, stayed married all the way to or near the time of Frank’s death. Frank Lucas did acquire and distribute Heroin. That’s about all this movie tells you. Oh and he beat some guys up and painted some air.
3. One of my favorites of al time! - With that I noticed one flaw in the movie.... Stevie Lucas, portrayed by T.I., said he was a left handed pitcher during the film. However in the movie T.I. was throwing right handed.... attention to detail. Most would not notice but avid movie lovers do!!!! Nonetheless . Stars!
4. We Gangster! - Denzel plus Russel plus Ridley Scott equals American Classic in the making. Can't speak anymore highly over Denzel Washington as the infamous Frank Lucas a man who had Endearing family values that would make you forget the fact that this man was a Heartless Drug Kingpin! Russel Crowe enters as Ritchie Roberts the down trotted detective who was honest enough to turn over A million dollars in evidence though not as honest in a divorce proceedings. But his honesty on the job makes him lead a Special Investigation unit over the "Blue Magic" drug, and Frank Lucas the man responsible for it. This movie was filled to the brim with great performances.and the cinematography makes it feel like I went back in time to the 's and 's! And Armand Assante played a legitimate mob boss. God bless America.
5. Gripping! - If you want to see a movie with incredible actors and following a story of the underground drug world then you will love this movie!!! Many of my friend's parents really liked this movie as well because of the great acting, and the movie is just mind-blowing in every aspect...I don't see how many couldn't give it a /!
6. Incredibly Powerful! - This film exceeds all expectations and is deeper than your average gangster film. Undoubtedly it is right up there with the likes of The Goodfellas and Scarface. An intelligent script combined with some of the best actors in the world creates an unforgettable and unbelievable movie. This movie's success begins with the epic story of Frank Lucas, one of the most powerful drug dealers that the world has ever seen. On the opposite end, Richie Roberts is an honest cop who relentlessly pursues Lucas. These complicated and intelligent individuals make this a good movie. The acting of Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe make this a great movie. Each play their respective roles perfectly and deliver performances that are just as amazing as you would expect them to be. Though the film is purposefully slow at some points in order to add to the drama and mystery of the picture, it definitely has enough action to keep your attention. Strategically placed violent scenes that never fail to surprise you occur all over the film. Simply put, when you combine a shockingly true story, two Hollywood superstars, and fantastic direction, you get this classic masterpiece.
7. American Gangster - For any person who truly appreciates cinema, this is a must watch.!!!!!!!! Denzel, as always showing that he is truly an icon in film. He deliverse a masterpiece of acting. I cant say enough about this movie. Russell Crowe, never failing , stands alone in his superb acting versatility. A film duet for the millenium......
8. Most Over-Rated Film of - No offense to Denzel or Russel (i like both of them and enjoy their respective works) but this film was nigh unenjoyable. The Italian American generation of mobsters basically rule the gang film and this one can not help but drown in the undertow created by The Godfather and other classics (not that god awful Scarface). I'm only giving this film two stars because of Ridley Scott's direction and the cinematography. Rent but please don't buy.
Release date: 1989-06-30 Genre:Drama $14.99
1. One of my favorite films of all time! - This film fully embodies the true power and genuine purpose of real cinema. It's not only timeless but, for very good reason, it's one of the best films ever made. It's a classic that will enrich your life and worldview. This film is an art piece. If you haven't seen it, there's not much more I can say except, what are you waiting for? Do the right thing and watch it. Now.
2. So violence and rioting is "doing the right thing?" - I remember watching this movie as kid but didnt get the point of it, now that im older and with all the stuff happening in todays events with blacks and the police i started thinking of this movie and watched it online. I know a lot of black people like this movie because it is relevant in todays times but i think they dont see the point of how this movie portrays blacks. Let me see what Spike Lee was trying to say... black people are lazy, disrespect each other, drink too much, are racist, demand too much, destroy other's property, don't trust black women alone with white men, have no sensitivity, are loud and offensive, can't form a sentence without dropping the F bomb, try to run other people's business, promote family resolution of problems through fighting, want to take away a hard working man's display of national pride, can't tolerate diversity, take out their frustration with the police on innocent white and Asian people, think they can beat up and possibly kill an old man defending his business and not get strong treatment of the police, call each other the N word and call Italians derogatory terms, make fun of Korean people who they are obviously jealous of, are hard and bitter, and on and on and on, and yet a lot of black people like this movie?!?!
3. Shouldn't Still Be So Relevant - Not a lot to say about this movie that others haven't already. I think about it often, as it still feels as current as the day it was released. Which is a tragedy. We should be watching this movie through the lens of history, but instead are still living it. A truely transcendent masterpiece. Surely one of Spike Lee's best. Do yourself a favor and just watch it. You owe society.
4. Classic that still rings true today - I decided to watch this, my first Spike Lee film, after the passing of Bill Nunn (Radio Raheem) and I'm so glad I finally took the plunge. This is a film I must own. It should be shhown in colleges and should be a mandatory viewing for those who say "they don't see color" or that "race issues don't exist in the U.S." The relevance of this film is frightening. Timeless tale. Masterpiece.
5. And that's the double truth, Ruth!!! - Years back, I said that this here motion picture was too negative to be worth anyone's time, naming mine. Just another rant/complaint about racial issues her in the States. But for recent years, I say and shall forever say, IT'S SOLID GOLD. While most films involving racial tensions and matters took (and take) a political or sentimental approach, "Do The Right Thing" dared to humanize the experience(s). In other words, producer-writer-director Spike Lee made a film about people as human beings. The mian and supporting characters are not shown as labels, not as colors, not even as personalities. But as PEOPLE. Period. (Paul Haggis would do the same thing years later with "Crash".) The neighborhood Bedford-Stuyvesant "Bed-Stuy", Brooklyn, NY was no doubt the place for it. Better and more realistic than some California movie lot or stage. Setting the story on the hottest day of the summer: genius. Tensions rise as the temperatures do; both would make anyone snap and fly off. But most of all, "Do The Right Thing" is unbiased in its audience appeal. It is for everyone, and speak to everyone. You just have to look beyond the so-easy-to-emphasize outer shell. Like She's Gotta Have It, Jungle Fever, and th Hour, this work of art demonstrates Spike Lee's choice to be original, to go by "call and respond", not to imitate others--no matter how alike in terms of skin color his peers are. Plus, he chose the right cast (John Turturro, Bill Nunn, Sam Jackson, Richard Edson, Steve Park, Luis Ramos, Danny Aiello, Robin Harris, Frankie Faison, to name some) and the right crew (cinematographer Ernest Dickerson, music composer Bill Lee, casting director Robi Reed, editor Barry Alexander Brown, to name a few) for the job. Speaking of realism, this film does not end on a triumphant note or on a fatalistic note. Rather, the closing says "Life goes on, even in the midst of tragedy and adversity," and implies that things around us are bad but they don't have to stay that way, if we just wake up and pay attention--and take a stand. And not forget to live, not just exist. Eat your hearts out, Townsend, Wayans, Hardy, and Perry. THIS is how it's done. And that's the double truth, Ruth!!!
6. From the heart of BedStuy, W-E-L-O-V-EEEEEEEEE - Yes, I plead guilty to having been one of those people who are skeptical about such films as "Do the Right Thing." In fact, there was a time when I thought Spike was just another dude who complains about the same old social issues that give this country among many the blues. Fortunately, out of curiosity--and after seeing it on FX, I saw the Paul Haggis-directed film, Crash. It turned out to be one of the most broodingly honest, most daringly objective films I had ever seen. Then, next thing sure enough, Do the Right Thing came in, and the experience of seeing the film proved most rewarding. It also proved to be the most relatable as well. With some comedy on the side. I can totally relate to Vito (Richard Edson) and [yes I dare say] Pino (John Turturro)...but just a little bit. I am certainly in the grey area like Mookie (Spike Lee himself), and neither one of us thinks highly of a lot of things. And when Radio Raheem (Bill Nunn) tells the story of love and hate in the style of "The Night of the Hunter," I can't keep a straight face...because it is true. Same goes for Sweet Dick Willie (the late Robin Harris), one of the cornermen, and Mister Senior Love Daddy (Samuel L. Jackson--Sam Jackson at the time). That fight and riot scene is and always will be the toughest scene to watch. I don't know if Spike does that on purpose or it just happens, but Spike Lee spares no effort in telling the truth about society and its often harmful behavior. He also manages to leave the audience/veiwer with something to think about as well as a "life goes on" kind of closing [and message]. I don't know how he does it, but he does it. And I am behind him all the way; percent. Sure, there are other black filmmakers out there, but Spike is the only one who makes me think of and feel something. You know why? Because while most filmmakers treat African-American/Black dudes and dudettes like some "special" class, this cat presents them as everyday human beings...WHICH THEY--I mean WE--ARE!! And not just the black dudes, but also the Korean dudes, Italian dudes, Latina dudettes, and even mixed dudes and dudettes alike. Not a complainer like those ignorant, single-minded, politically motivated failures. Before you go and dismiss S. Lee as a jealous, isolationist ahole, remember this simple phrase: DOCTOR, ALWAYS DO THE RIGHT THING.
7. Spike Lee Joint - This is a movie that I have watched over and over again. It has a tie with Public Enemy's Fight the Power which explains the plot and theme of the film. My favorite part is at the end when there are two quotes one from Dr.Martin Luther King Jr. and the other from Malcolm X. The movie was hilarious but you have to experience it for yourself.
8. Burton - My personal favorite movie. As long as your not easily offended and can easily overlook harsh language, this film is the perfect package when dealing with racism. The culture of New York and more specifically Brooklyn adds to the film's authenticity. One of Spike Lee's best films and if your from NY and have'nt seen this you need to pick this up NOW.
Release date: 2006-06-27 Genre:Comedy $9.99
1. Oh, Boo Hoo Hoo - Shelby Woo will solve this mystery before I do. I stopped being a Tyler Perry fan some time ago. And here's why. The melodramatic tone is as stale and repetitive as it gets. The women are portrayed as insecure, overly fragile, and ill-timed. The men are either too angelic and too much of...well the other kind. Lisa could have walked away and no one would have thought less of her. Vanessa has a mind of her own, why not use it (In place of stalling because of Victoria, who has no life of her own)? What is Underwood's character's story? What is Kodjoe's character's story? As flat and lifeless as they come, just another medication it seems. And the trailer suggests a moment between Brian and Simon (or whatever Henry Simmons' character name was); yet, that moment was never included. Additionally, troubled teens and broken homes are common, I know. But cinematically, the same thing is done again and again. On Nikki's part, where's the hidden goal to be better? The elders? Definitely too perfect for their own good. The flow of this picture, like its predecessor and successors, is synchronised, predictable, and subjective. Word to you, TP: Life is NOT "The Color Purple." You have no trouble writing a message. But you do have trouble writing [about] people, and in a universally objective manner. Years ago, I said "keep going", only because I heard too much negative and wanted the opposite. But now, I'd rather take a "life-goes-on" kind of story, that reaches out. S. Lee, W. Allen, and M. Leigh are in; T. Perry is OUT. NOTE: Without a showing of practice, preaching is not enough. Especially with flat, fabricated characters and excess sentiment. Another D on the report card.
2. Straight up Hilarious!!!! - THe movies by Tyler Perry are automatically good. You can always expect great things from him, and it makes it even better that his movie is about a large black woman who is not afraid do speak or act upon what's on her mind! This is a must-buy! If you do not like this movie, try Madea goes to jail, because it is almost as funny. My favorite part of this movie is where she threatens to beat up a child after his class. With humor this good, you have to watch it.
3. halleure - we are in hot georger not Pariee we do not wear dresses from Pariee (laughter) she goin to need some deeoderantee wee wee pee pee.... That was the funnies line i think in this movie..... I love also how tyler perry can just make a movie like this and have it be funny but also eye openin to.....
4. great movie - I love this movie and every other madea movies. if u haven't seen this movie u really need . u won't be sorry. now i shall write jibberish. dhabhdljinhfhufndxnhjdnsxkjnhxnbdjxkwslahaledhfdcxnjhnzbdxnkiadjjhduieewhytgewihjhshldjhlghjhlsidgygewghuyhgefgefiugqlgfigeflyuagldfyhgyergflrguegflaguegyduuyhgleyghasgdhscshcsjhcshcsdhgdsjchdhcsjhjcdhgdshghdjgfhgdjkhgfhlgadgfuidgfgagdjahgbjhhfbtgrfbygyhryfhyrehfyryfyrefurfuuhfhofiuhehuriyuehdjdfyghuhdfkihrefiuahdkjhyfidyhduuifdyjhfuidysfewfieiuwylweyreiureufuedfuidfieidjfeiaireuiiuduhdhdjhdheuidfhjijddjkldhhdfeiouregiguoirriiridofuuoreiurejhdxfjfkgreigoireoiuekreioeduhrieuiuesherauiresliusio;aeris;ireioperi;oierdjaoiejwoiuresioew;jeriuj;reiureuiuretiu;efrue'waiela;;rueriuoieuruetriurrerriteiruiorefjdlkjfgiofugrkjdkgfkfdklhfgdjokgfdljg;lfgd'ojgiruyitlkmdf;ks'/gfj/kfj/sfklgfkjgkfjgjfjgkfjgkjksjfkgkfgjfkjgkfklgjfks;fkj;gsf;gkfkjgkfjsgkgjkfgjfkgkfgkfjgkfgkfgkfkgjfgireug[turoa['[eoripawritiojfdkv jvfkfdjfvjdkla;/a;dskf;djfn djfd dkjafdfkjd jd;ahfrfja;ekjf hfdjkghjhdjflkdsh;ahgf jdfhjdhfahdjahl a
aioaheuilhxjdhuahudhyrhufhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhdhevhdsichvujfvijckdschviduhvuhdfjvdjhvjdhjvhxhjvhjvhcxjkvjkcxvjcvjkcxkjvioreuiouieurpowi'pireuoirdupwiriusureiuduiygfidsuytreituieuriofgurireiuefdoieiudoreduesdoreiuoiuopp;edutidsufiufufdoidseruueeduiffigusdhjfdhoewlfidu'ld;;iuewiudieiujhfdjkjhuredsodoiuaewp;laieusywelewveuhudsidsiaeifedfgdsaufieyduazsjduhfkisfdewiuf;reuturyuhger;aotia;qeuiyshgtrefdyduyvgidsleiqtlaerydhiurfgyushruhyerhkjerduhnjdfferkhjdfjdjjdjyfeuyueyfuialeuiyrlobduiapl;'a;a;weyehaiue;ybr edieurydi;AEISLEIUREUL:;iareu;eiuryetfoiueruoiewwuiaeruirueaireuaiOUIAEIUAREQTIIUFGUZiUAIUAAUGIDFLIDFPAerRIUIUPARROTUIOLO;gufiuoerduyrdsjhcxdfhdfgjidusfoeiuuerfutiuthuisoieruoius;dlusdiylreuueuryyryryeurueuriruurtriurtuutrurtiuteirurueuuiuiuiuiiiuiituidusiufuifdcviporfdiuofdiofdiofdgoigdfiofgdfi;d;id;urof'dpr;eofiauredlojidloi;e;ioekjfdfjdkjfsdkjflsdkjfaoijne;awajd;fjdsoifjudsoieidfedopf djhfkjdfhkjsjhfjkdzajd.ldlkfdjdkjf.kds.kfdojfodcrfdklfdjjkldkdkdkdkllskfjkedf lknbvfkjdikldksjkdjvmkcjfdlcj/;hdjkiofffjhhhfoidurhekjfhdhdklbjsjfdl,jhfgejrhuhciuydfuyiueiutriudjfdijtkijgficotfugoiduodifguopiuudpougidodgfiioudogidgrrrtiutids;soiursiofdigufufridifuifgurugifufidgidurtutoyiutr-rio derijprefujrfdcxkjhfdkhfdjgfrifgdigifjijfijrfjgijtgrigjgrejgwgireigerdflgpoktofjsoijifdjfdjidjidjijfjifjgjgijgjfijgfijspffipsfiifpigsijgfgrseurrgifjbnbnkcx;.xvfpssperugrrurugfbfjvnbkcjvjkdlvkdfjvfjvbkfjbifbjhigiods;dfoig gjifgoofdoifugiodsifugiosifguisofgiupsifurituirguodifgifeortergiiiue rfdthgrstsuyeripogtiule;doitr;erop;li;rirrutoierore;proioireiriirotiuw;rtidpfiugrtuifotrr
5. Probably my favorite of Tyler Perry's movies - Talk about laughing and crying at the same time...Tyler Perry's films heal. Madea is a riot and somehow manages to integrate all of the characters and their lives together. You laugh and learn so much about yourself you can't help but to love these movies no matter who you are.