IGN.com shoots a week’s worth of gaming news straight into your ear!
Release date: 2023-02-24
1. Awesome show by default, but went woke. - This has been one of my favorite shows for a few years now. Unfortunately their new community manager is a man who pretends to be a woman and everybody just acts like this is healthy behavior. Appropriating womanhood is not something that just happens. This is a mental illness and it’s weird that IGN is propping it up like it’s a positive thing. Your COMMUNITY MANAGER? What an echo chamber.
2. Amazing! - Really love this podcast, all content is interesting and fun and the main cast/guests are all interesting to listen to and get along great. They’re also extremely gracious when sharing the microphone, not very common on podcasts. Game scoop is not just the best video game podcast, but the ONLY video game podcast. Will continue to listen to until forever and ever amen.
3. My least favorite iteration of a classic video game podcast - I’ve been listening to Game Scoop religiously for years - through mundane jobs and endless road trips. From Knockin Boots to Omega Cops. I’ve seen the great cast change constantly throughout the years and have loved my time with it. Lately though, Game Scoop has turned into my least favorite iteration of itself. It seems like more Jan half of the podcast is spent flipping through old video game magazines and playing questions. A perfect example of this is the latest episode , on May . The first minutes of the almost hour long episode is spent going through the latest news. While the last minutes is spent flipping through a magazine and playing questions. The show seems to have mostly turn into filler to reach the hour long length. Hoping to once again look forward to this great video game podcast once the format gets re-worked. SCOOP
4. Nicely Job! - Game Scoop, the only video gaming podcast, is a highlight of my week. I’ve been visiting IGN since back when it was N.com. Game Scoop is the best of all the IGN podcasts in no small part to Daemon. The discussions are fun and thoughtful and cover a range of topics in video games. Video Game Questions is a fun way to end the episodes. Please to enjoy Game Scoop.
5. Hey, listeners… - I’ve been Scoopin’ in the Goosecamp with the Omega Cops for many a year now and I’m thrilled to say that the only video game podcast is still the best video game podcast. I was released before January st, (’s kid!) and my character does, in fact, wear a hat! Thank you Daemon, thank you Tina, thank you Sam, thank you Justin! This was a review of IGN GameScoop and I’m out.
6. Not in touch… - Listened to the most recent episode and discussion about Elden Ring. Nobody on this show had any understanding of why this game resonates with the gaming world right now. Samuel Claiborn in particular just sounds lost, he should stick with simple things he can understand, like pinball machines.
7. The best - Love the scoop crew, feels like hanging with four pals talking games each week. Makes for a smooth day knowing a new ep of Sooop is coming lol. You Guys/Gals are the best and I appreciate you. Hope nothing but good health and positive vibes for you and your wonderful families. PS. GTA iv. Is the Best GTA ever made. Def Jam vendetta needs a remaster on switch. Put NFL BLITZ back on switch too, Daemons MUSIC is dope. Tina you’re the true legend!!!!! Sam Is prob my least fav but in a good way he’s prob the one id like argue the most haha and that’s cool because his thoughts and opinions are usually spot on haha Justin haha you are actually right NCAA did have roster files you would just download and get the names of the actual players, college athletes used to not get paid for there likeness so us as consumer had to download to get our fav guys
8. Great Roundup of All Things Gaming - Looking for discussion about literally EVERYTHING gaming (Nintendo, Sony, XBox, retro games, pinball, arcade machines, old gaming magazines, etc etc etc)? Then look no further! This is THE podcast for you! Great hosts and great topics every week. I always look forward to listening.
9. The host ruins it. - If you don’t know something - it’s okay to admit it and move on. Listening to the PS/Wii episode and Daemon keeps being wrong. Instead of deferring to every other panelist he keeps disagreeing on basic facts. It’s unrealistic to know everything, but if other experts are telling you something about a small detail don’t derail your podcast by arguing with the other panelists. Replace him and the podcast will be % better.
10. Great Group with Amazing Knowledge - Wow do these people know the game industry and especially gaming history. They are deeply hands on with their experience that adds so much more credibility to their perspectives. Enthusiasm is high on this podcast. Always fun. I love Questions to guess the game. Still my Go To video game podcast above all others.
11. CONTROL!!! CONTROL!! CONTROL! - I love this podcast a lot. It’s great to find a GAMING podcast that actually makes me laugh while learning about new and old games. Specifically episode during the question (or is it ) segment. At question I was talking to myself on my way home from the office, saying “oh, it’s Control”. At question , I thought it could possibly be Alan Wake, but Alan Wake is a horror genre IMO. When everyone gave up, I was yelling “NOOOO, ITS CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL!!!” I don’t know why you guys didn’t listen to me. Love the episode. Keep up the good work and I’ll hear you guys next on GAME SCOOP. Salute!
12. I like this podcast - What happened around : with the microphones??? Seriously started glitching out, almost had to turn the pod off. Anyway this is my favorite podcast to listen to while drawing, I don’t have to listen too hard but it’s still stimulating my brain, yknow? Also a good place to get some game recommendations if you’re in a game dry spell.
13. Demon Hatefield - Dude happy years. You have the best personality! I have been listening since the early days and will listen as long as you keep podcasting. I often get a little sad thinking about not getting new podcasts from you one day. So when on this newest episode you said you don’t plan on stopping anytime soon or “for the next years” it made my day. I seriously hope you podcast for the rest of your life you are the gaming podcast GOAT.
It's Game of the Year meets King of the Hill as four of Earth's best friends – Griffin McElroy, Justin McElroy, Chris Plante, and Russ Frushtick – rank and review their favorite video games. Because shouldn't the world's best friends pick the world's best games?
Release date: 2023-02-24
1. Funny, smart, insightful video game criticism! - I’ve only been listening to Besties for six months but it’s easily become my go-to source for video game insight and criticism, and a surprisingly great source for other pop culture recommendations. The whole crew does a great job providing context into a wide variety of games and I’m a better player for it!
2. One of the Best Videogame Podcasts! - I’ve been listening to the Besties from almost the beginning. I always look forward to new episodes. The group always brings varied and interesting opinions to the different games they play. No two minds here think alike, so there’s always rich (if not silly) discussions to be had. Except for New York Giraffe who is stupid and doesn’t know anything. Highly recommend!!
3. I used to play video games by myself. Now I can play with other people. - Long time listener, first time caller. Due yourself a service and join the one and only video game club podcast that you can tell your friends is a book club podcast. I like to pour myself a glass of wine while listening and eat some good eggs. And be proud to call yourself a gamer. Wait. That still didn’t feel right. Don’t worry boys we’ll get it next time.
4. The only podcast I'm happy to hear sponsored ads on - Really wish this show got more love! It's honestly one of my happy-place podcasts and it opened my eyes to a lot of aspects about video games that I hadn't thought of before. The four boys have such good vibes, I happily listen to them talk about even games I know I'll never play. Resties is fun too! This show keeps me sane on long drives, thanks guys!!!
5. Thank You Besties - I don’t get to game as much as I’d like to anymore, you know, the whole post--years/ old-gig.. but getting to hear these four friends talk about video games makes me feel like I’m getting to play each of the games. This podcast gives you talking points you can bring back to friends (or the office, I see you J-RPG-loving Steve in finance), great tv and movie suggestions, and in depth conversation about what makes a game worth it. They are real with you about games, pay attention to the shift in tech, and take the time to understand the social drivers that keep as grabbing the controller. Kudos to Besties.
6. Best Video Game Club I’ve ever been a member of - Started listening in November at the first episode and now totally caught up. Some of the best conversations I’ve ever heard about games. Justin is right, these games have really come a long way since Pac-Man. At the end of each episode you gotta say out loud “Besties” or “Resties” along with the crew. So many things added to my wishlists thanks to this show!
7. IT’S FUN’DUCATIONAL - Absolutely adore this podcast, I am only a casual gamer, but it has helped me get more into gaming. It’s a great jumping off point for new gamers as well as entertaining for experienced gamers! I have gotten so many great game recs from them! You can tell they love what they do!
8. Great show about games! - Hands down the best way to keep up with what’s going on with games and what I should be spending my time with. So far, I find that Griffin’s recommendations are a perfect match for me, which is a bit weird, but I’m grateful for it. Keep it up y’all! Also loving the new bit “Better Know a Dungeon”
9. More Noise in The Void - I have listened to a few of their episodes, namely the or about The Last of Us Part . I’ve ranted about those specific episodes down below, but if you don’t want to read a specific gripe I have, this is more general. They’re friends who game together and all enjoy gaming in general, and they will give you unfiltered impressions. But they’re not adding any meaningful discussion and they rarely have much criteria for why they liked something, other than they liked it. They also seem to try the hardest to have an unpopular opinion about the newest AAA game, which seems more like a grasping attempt at being relevant, than actually being relevant by having some kind of reasoning for why they’re saying what they are. For the specific TLOU episodes, see below Rather than review the game, they gave their honest feedback, which would be fine, except it was all presented as an “objective” argument with little to now willingness to consider that maybe it was an opinion. It’s fine that they didn’t like the game, but taking it to the level of mocking the story and themes simply because they clearly didn’t want to take the time to process and understand either, and then pretending like what they’re saying should be more than a very biased opinion, is poor if you’re presenting yourself as someone who has something to say on gaming. Like it or not, TLOU, and Part , are both games of the era, and if you can’t give comprehensive feedback on those, it shoots most of your credibility in the foot
10. Can’t get enough. Informative and Spectacularly Fun!!! - So entertaining and also informative. Not only has this podcast opened my eyes to ways to think about video games - with when to stop playing a game to how good I actually am at games (I wrongly thought I was bad at games for a long time!!), but these boys always brings laughs and a great fun time along with it. Thank you all for your work, you’re doing great.
11. It’s like a book club — for games! - Justin, Griffin, Chris, & Russ consistently deliver thoughtful and humorous insights about the games industry, and provide recommendations for what to play next. I’ve discovered countless foundational games from this podcast just this year: Pentiment, Tunic, and Citizen Sleeper are each experiences that I will never forget, and ones that I likely would not have had save for The Besties. Give it a listen, you won’t regret it!
12. My name is Taylor, and I know the best podcast of the week. - I don’t normally listen to podcasts about video games, but the last couple years were a year to get into video games if there ever was one. I’m enjoying the banter between the hosts and have definitely gone into the back catalog to learn about some other games I’ve been interested in. I highly recommend subscribing to The Besties to see what they have going on.
13. Great podcast! But Vampire Survivors is just a worse SNKRX ;) - I’m egregiously using this review to put in my cents on game of the year. SNKRX came out last year, has the same structure as Vampire Survivors, but I find it deeper and more compelling. Griffin introduced us to SNKRX on this podcast,so I was surprised it wasn’t mentioned. … All this aside, thanks for the great podcast that does a wonderful job of keeping me up to date with gaming.
14. Love these guys - I’ve always had a really specific and focused taste in video games, as in I will play one at a time for hundreds of hours until it’s been wrung dry of anything more I can get out of it, which means I’ve played like games in my life. Or that’s how many I’d played until I started listening to the Besties a few years ago. Their chill and honest thoughts, positive or negative but most of all genuine, made me realize how many cool games out there I was missing out on, and now my world of games is so so much larger. Even if it’s a game there is literally zero chance I will ever play, I still look forward to hearing whatever they have to say about it. They’re funny dudes in general and it’s really lovely to hear them chat about the games industry, since they know what they’re talking about in a way that comes across without pretension. Thanks guys
The world’s most popular daily video game news podcast hosted by Greg “GameOverGreggy” Miller, Tim Gettys, Blessing Adeoye, Star Wars Rogue One writer Gary Whitta, alongside a cast of games industry veterans and guests covering the latest in PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo and all of gaming. Watch the free video version at YouTube.com/KindaFunnyGames
Release date: 2023-03-03
1. Too political - I dropped this show for over two years because it got too political. I decided to give them another try when no elections were going on and I hoped they would have dropped that stuff. It turns out they have not. They are closed to any opinions other than their own and every episode turns into a political discussion in which they virtue signal as much as possible. If you want an extremely liberal political show that sometimes talks about video games, this is the show for you. If you want to hear about video games and only video games, look elsewhere. I’m very sad to see how bad kinda funny has gotten.
2. Justin roiland - This show had an abuser on their show, and once he was gone they covered his crimes and took a stance on them without publicaly stating that they had him on their show and made money off it. I used to love this company but now I feel like they will put profit over morality and not take responsibility for it, all whilst claiming to be against the exact things the show guests are guilty of.
3. Love Tim. Hate Greg. Love Blessing. - Blessing and Tim are genuine nice people. Love gaming and are positive influences in the industry. Greg hates Nintendo, PC, and Xbox, and anime and literally everything outside his wheelhouse. He can be a jerk to everyone including listeners/fans. Atleast Tim and Blessing make the shows something to look forward to it. Greg was probably bullied when he was overweight now takes it out on everyone. Very sad.
4. Love this Podcast - Guys love this podcast and all the others, I am Kinda Funny fan all the ways lol. But anyways I have to say shout out to Tim because I understand how listeners would want the show ad free, but to be honest who wouldn’t want to hear Tim’s voice talking about ads. Look I am a full straight man but Tim’s voice would be lovely to wake up to in the morning lol. Guys keep up the good work.
5. Colin was right - Used to really enjoy this pod, but during the pandemic things changed. Became heavily politicized and unwelcoming to those who have differing views. They were always left leaning as many people in the industry are, which is fine, but it has gotten to an evangelical level now. They're biased towards Microsoft even though they have a dedicated pod for that. That's not what I want when I'm looking for objective game news. Janet and their producers are also insufferable. Great production value though I'll give them that
6. Politics Central - The handful of times I’ve chosen to listen to one of their podcasts they make it very clear that you are an idiot and not worth the air you breath if you don’t agree with them. They are passionately demeaning. Also absolutely not safe to listen to in the car if your kids are with you. There are some great gaming podcasts. This is not one.
7. Good/ My opinion - Been listening to Kind of Funny for several years. I love this podcast. They are funny and honestly you all have made me branch out my genre of gaming, considering a sport and fighter gamer. Never thought I would be playing RPG or Rogue like games. I’m not to big on the politics so I could care less about you all talking about it. It at times can push me away from the episode or skip it. Some have good points and some have rude and pointless points. I understand you have your style of podcast but you all curse a lot haha. I listen to you all around my child in the morning while I am cleaning the house and at times that gd word comes out and I’m like dang where’s the headphones. I like you all enough to continue to listen though so keep doing what you do because you all are unique to other gaming podcast. I just thought you should know how I feel of the podcast. Thanks For the Content
8. kinda funny saved my life - i’ve been listening to the kinda funny gang since i was a depressed kid in middle school. now i’m a depressed adult who’s graduated college and is now working in a big boy job. and i still have not stopped listening to these amazing people. the kinda funny crew are so awesome and genuine. listening to them consistently for over years has kept me alive and laughing. love you guys and will never stop listening.
Unsubscribe from this Podcast. Gaming, Gats, and Guys, With @baddieStreams, @DonutOperator and @Eli_doubletap ALL OUR LINKS: https://linktr.ee/UnsubscribePodCast
Release date: 2023-02-23
1. Great Podcast, Sad to see Donut part ways but excited to see where it goes. - I binged all something episodes in about work weeks. I mostly started listening because I’ve been following Donut for quite some time as I am looking at going into law enforcement and he has a way of bringing comedy into informative subjects pertaining to what I ultimately want to do. Eli laughs like a dolphin constantly but sometimes I can’t help but crack a smile when he just starts dying laughing. Baddie exists…. No but really all three of them were great together but life happens and people get busy, Donut will still be doing YouTube and his random appearances on unsub and I’ll still be listening. Sometimes there’s great info divulged in these podcasts and it helps the listener just get away from the daily grind.
2. Baby Batter Never Sounded So Good - It is usually with fear and trepidation that I try out podcasts, but this is not the case when I came upon the soothing tones and sheer craftsmanship that is the Unsubscribe Podcast This isn’t merely a feast for your ears, but salve for your soul as you listen to this progressive throuple dialogue about the ups and downs of their journey through the weblike intricacies of the polyamorous lifestyle. Courage is the constant theme as the boys explore their hearts, bodies, and souls - and put it all on display for the audience. While power-bottom Baddie clearly takes the lead at home, he allows the resident reptile fetishist, Eli, to take charge of the conversation; vacillating between the epic highs of blistering romance, and the abyssal lows of public scatalogical play. We can’t forget everyone’s favorite gagless gimp, Donut (so named for an incredible adventure with a hemorrhoid pillow, listen to Episode for the full story). His muted, yet heavy breathing and grunting sets a sublime backbeat as Eli and Baddie explore the chaotic symphony that is the life of a throuple. They also talk about video games, I guess.
3. All but Brandon - Great pod cast. Have ran through all episodes so far a few times. Maybe one day Brandon will be released from his host spot. Seriously tho, great content, and good length. I listen at . speed so the dolphin laugh distortes my head phones. And you can actually hear Cody talk if Dave isn’t there. Keep up the work guys
Sacred Symbols: A PlayStation Podcast is a weekly show all about PS5, PS4, PS Vita, and PSVR. Co-hosted by games industry veteran Colin Moriarty, comedian Chris "Ray Gun" Maldonado, and Dustin Furman, Sacred Symbols aims to both inform and entertain, going through the news of the day, scouring the most recent games, and taking plenty of questions and comments from the audience. New episodes post each Monday. To get early access to each episode, support the show on Patreon at patreon.com/laststan...
Release date: 2023-02-27
1. Fantastic In depth analysis of PlayStation - Sacred Symbols is by far the best PlayStation podcast out there. It isn’t just talking video games, it’s a true in depth analysis that covers every aspect of the world of PlayStation. From gameplay, design and development, st-rd party studio analysis, legal analysis, etc. this is your one stop shop to become more knowledgeable of the world of PlayStation
2. Too long - Used to listen to the show weekly but it became too long. If you’re the type of person who has hours a week to dedicate to a single show, go for it, but it’s definitely a quantity over quality here. Correlation with Dustin joining made the shows way longer since there’s this persistence for everyone to put in their two cents. Dustin is also a poor host who changes his mind based on the cool kids on Reddit and normally doesn’t form his own opinion. If they edited Dustin out and had only Colin and Chris again, the show would be tolerable again.
3. Consistently Great - One of the best video game podcasts period. Colin, Chris, and Dustin consistently deliver in-depth coverage of all things Playststion with the kind of industry experience that very few others can rival. Their transparency, against-the-grain opinions (which I find refreshing), and comedic banter makes for a very entertaining listen, and I always appreciate it. Highly recommend!
4. More than just a playstation podcast - Colin, Dustin and Chris are very enjoyable hosts with great chemistry and humor. I’ve come to enjoy listening to sacred symbols every Monday at work, helps me get through the day and gives me good insight on the gaming industry as well as gives me some much needed laughter. Not only do I enjoy the content but I also like the three hosts as people and watch/ listen to their other content as well. Keep up the good work boys!
5. Best PlayStation Podcast - This is the best PlayStation podcast out there. The amount of information and discussion alone is worth paying for the Patreon. I’ve followed Colin’s career from IGN, to Kinda Funny, to Last Stand Media. He continues to reinvent what it means to be the best PS Podcast out there. Everyone should check it out!
6. out of ain’t bad - of the hosts (Colin and Dustin) are awesome, knowledgable, interesting, and insightful. The other guy (Chris) is godawful, with a strident voice, ill-informed, uneducated opinions, and generally crappy attitude. There was a recent episode where he was missing and it was the best episode in a while.
7. Simply the Best - I have a long, fond history with video games and as an art form and as a hobby they mean a lot to me. I’ve followed a lot of gaming podcasts over the years and in time they all fell away. It is difficult to articulate, but what Colin, Chris, and Dustin (and the rest of Last Stand Media) have done with this show is remarkable in the social and cultural climate we live in today. I really do not mean that as an exaggeration. They are honest and true to themselves above all else, and their dynamic presents gaming news and opinions in a way that is confident, sincere, joyful, and critical. All of this is done without coming across as jaded or spiteful toward the industry we love. Sometimes when listening to a lot of podcasts, it is easy to develop this level of weird connection to the cast, but with Sacred Symbols, I respect their opinions as people and do not feel a need to always agree with everything they say or do. I don’t want to just spend time gushing, but if you have the time and interest, these guys put on a wonderful show that is both funny and thought provoking at times. They are real human beings, and they wear their hearts and flaws in their sleeves. Good work as always dudes, here’s to many more years of great games coverage to come.
8. I love LAST STAND MEDIA. - I love LAST STAND MEDIA. Every show is great. I’ve been following Colin since IGN days. So proud of what he created and surrounded himself with good people. From SACRED SYMBOLS TO DEFINING DUKE TO KNOCK BACK and all the extra in between. I would have never found THE IRON LORDS PODCAST and THE SNARK TANK if it wasn’t for LAST STAND MEDIA. THANKS COLIN!! for all the entertainment thru the years. I’ve been on this journey with you bro. I don’t even have a PlayStation right now because I had to sell it and I was still paying the five bucks to PATREON
9. Real gamer opinions, no fanboys here - Been a fan of Colin since hearing him on Kinda Funny. His brand of honesty is refreshing in this space, and his refusal to plan fanboy allows his shows to really find the truth in what is good, bad and everything in-between in the realm of video games. The entire cast of the shows on Last Stand are of a similar cut, and the content they produce is leagues above the rest.
10. Only one option to support show - After criticizing monopolistic and anti-consumer business models on the podcast, they shamelessly promote Patreon and ignore smaller platforms or subscription formats. I’ve had terrible experiences with Patreon, they are greedy anti-consumer and a privacy nightmare as they immediately sold my personal information after making an account a force Google analytics targeting, tracking and harvesting of my data. I’d gladly support your show through liberapay or Apple’s built in system, but unfortunately this show prefers to help Patreon build a total monopoly in this space shameful hypocrites.
11. Best PlayStation focused podcast - I like that the hosts aren’t Sony fanboys and actually criticize and not just fanboy all over. I like that they take their time with games and give their thoughts when they’ve had time with them instead of rushing to play the newest game just to get a review out. Colin Chris and Dustin offer smart conversation with really funny moments.
12. Meh - Colin - like him and fan of his curmudgeonly ways and views of video games but seems to have a massive boner for the American government like they have never had blood on their hands. Chris - not funny and % of takes/opinions are terrible. Everyone can have their own opinion but if you’re on some sort of high horse about it, it can be annoying. Dustin - meh. Aside from some of the things he really is into and the others aren’t tends to agree with the other a lot. I do like the non gaming banter though.
13. Best in the biz - The combination of Colin Moriarty, Chris Ray Gun, and Dustin Furman brings unparalleled industry knowledge with unique perspectives and insights that you won’t find in any other podcast. I look forward to the next episode every Friday and am right there listening (or watching on YouTube) as soon as it is released! I’ve been an LSM patron for years and have never regretted it!
Welcome to Steak & Eggs, a Podcast about gaming, anime, and pop culture 🍳 Hosted by Asmongold, Emiru, and Tectone!
Release date: 2023-02-24
1. Just in case you didn’t already know! - Just in case you didn’t already know, these three have such an amazing chemistry it’s refreshing. Sure, tech tone sounds like he could be on a registry somewhere, but his insights are surprisingly insightful. Emi is well spoken and knowledgeable on many of the subjects they tackle. And Asmon, well Asmon is just the GOAT. They hooked me on Episode and I’m in for the long haul. Been missing a great gaming/streaming podcast since the passing of TotalBiscuit. Very, very happy to have these three doing what they are doing.
2. A funny, modern, relatable podcast - The podcast talks about everything from when you were we were kids to video games today. It’s like a nostalgic lens into the funny parts of highschool “good ole days”, recreating that feeling of hanging out at the lunch table with friends. As a long time fan of Texan raised Asmongold, and newer viewer/listener of the even voiced Tectone and the fair young lady Emiru…they offer a really balanced perspective: Tectone (male heavier voice) is like that friend who can admit to funny degenerate moments but who has come a long way through running his own influencer based business. He offers a great range of perspective. Emiru (female voice) has a fairly unadulterated normal perspective to kind of bring everything back down to earth. Asmongold isn’t afraid to be a degenerate today and leans into it for your entertainment. He does it in such a way though that he shocks you with wholesome moments or hard truths, and often leans into controversies for your entertainment and explores every angle of them. He is surprisingly fair and civil behind all that the more you hear him talk which makes for more interesting conversation the longer it goes. The cast is a great group of people to listen to and watch. If you’re looking for something to have on in the background look no further, give these folks a listen or two.
Longtime friends and games media colleagues Vinny Caravella, Brad Shoemaker, and Alex Navarro share their combined decades of knowledge, expertise, and passion for games with weekly discussions about what they're playing, what's happening in the industry, and whatever else they're up to.
Release date: 2023-02-23
1. Fantastic podcast! - This is the second review I have ever given for a podcast. The first one was for Giant Bomb. Giant Bomb isn’t the same without Brad and Vinny, who are now at Nextlander. Brad brings a gleam of hope to what seems to be mostly negativity everywhere else. He was, and probably still is, the most calm and level headed of the bunch. He has a lot of good insight, and knows what not to say, which can often be more impressive and important. Nextlander is one you don’t want to miss! I’m happy this podcast is not constrained by a large conglomerate. It allows them the freedom to express themselves without the fear of being bought out and what comes with that, “no longer being needed.” Especially when a single company buys another one, then chooses to sell that company, and then… decides that they want to buy that same company back…. Wow. These guys are veterans in the industry, and take pride in their work and the content they produce. From GameSpot, to GiantBomb (regardless of current and previous ownership), to Beastcast, to Patreon, they have proven time and time again, they are not for sell. They value ethics and their audience more than money and corporate servitude. Thank you, Nextlander!
Keep up the hard work.
2. I don’t want to hear social or political commentary - I really enjoyed this show and have been a big fan of Vinny for quite awhile, but I stopped listening. Every show had social and political commentary inserted. If I want that, I’ll go to a political podcast, etc. This show should be fun and lighthearted and I don’t need to know what the hosts think about serious issues. Also, it’s not about a particular set of beliefs I don’t agree with. There are many podcasts that find a way to keep that separate - regardless of the hosts views.
3. What more do you need? - Beastcast without abby :( but with a dash of shoemaker. You should come one full time sometime Abbyybba!!! This podcast was refreshing after the scare of these guys leaving giant bomb, i have always been a fan. Jeff gerstmann show is great too everyone! Support him on patreon as well as nextlander!
4. Hosts make fun of abuse/domestic violence victims - Followed this group since the hotspot days, but dropped them for making fun of an abuse survivor in Johnny Depp. Brad and Alex in particular were extremely problematic in their Sea of Thieves POTC videos. Alex was saying some really disappointing things about an abuse victim to get some snarky laughs and Brad was muttering jokes under his breath about how Johnny Depp should die of a drug overdose. Cruel and disgusting commentary from people I used to respect. Good bye.
5. Old white men with a pod - I was a day one Patreon supporter and was hoping the influx of money would help them diversify. Unfortunately this has become another podcast of older white men talking about video games. If that’s what you’re looking for, these are good dudes who know a lot. If you’d like a diverse set of viewpoints and opinions about video games, this ain’t it.
6. Time stamps are wrong - The time stamps for this last episode said Horizon Forbidden West spoilers end at a certain time then they are going to talk about Destiny. So I went to that time and they are talking about space stuff, I think probably Destiny. Nope it’s horizon spoilers. Please double check those time stamps
7. Not much fun - I was a big fan of these guys in the past but ultimately had to stop listening to Next Lander. None of them seem to enjoying games or having fun. Alex is a chore to listen to, Brad is on autopilot, and Vinny largely keeps his excitement for certain Vinny type games. Happy they found success but they don’t sound happy.
8. Quality and Dependability - I’ve been following these three gents for about years during their tenure at Giantbomb and have seen a number of changes and permutations during that time. They’re tried and true and tell it like it is. I’m excited to continue to embark with them on their journeys free from corporate restriction and see how they reinvent themselves. Congratulations Vinny, Alex, and Brad you’ve earned it.
9. It’s ok - It’s functional, but there’s a lack of insight or nuance here. The discussions of the games are very broad strokes gut feelings with no interesting angles, and the news is rarely delivered with any thought or depth. It’s early yet, but as a stand-alone podcast this doesn’t work for me.
10. Nice to have them back - I was a bit sad when Vinny, Alex, and Brad left Giant Bomb. They were mainstays in my selection of weekly podcasts for almost years, so when they left it ended up reducing my total weekly podcasts significantly, and I missed hearing their voices. So far, they're not really treading new ground with this podcast, but that's fine. It's exactly what I want from them.
The official podcast of The Last of Us - critically-acclaimed winner of over 200 Game of The Year Awards - offers an immersive experience that blends dynamic conversations and the cinematic storytelling that changed gaming forever. Featuring writer and creative director Neil Druckmann, Part II co-writer Halley Gross, stars Troy Baker, Ashley Johnson and Laura Bailey as well as other talents and visionaries who brought the games to life, The Official The Last of Us Podcast will take listeners thr...
Release date: 2023-01-16
1. New Fan! - After watching the first episode. I played TLOU Part , I saw this in the extras and had to find it immediately. I have absolutely loved listening to this podcast. I will say DO NOT LISTEN IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAMES. I have also finished Part II. Hearing the people involved with the games talking about them and diving into the story has just been amazing. This story is one of my favorites now. I can’t wait for their after season discussion which I would love several episodes of talking about changes and etc. This podcast a love letter to the fans of TLOU
2. This is perfect - Ill pretty much do anything for TLOU content and this is the pinnacle. I love the deep dove through the story of the first game. I would’ve loved more episodes about the second game but I know there was a pandemic Talking to Neil and the other creators was such a fantastic look at the games. I would die for Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker. Patiently waiting for the TV show, hopefully it does this master piece justice.
3. Enlightening - I love this podcast so much. I love the way we had access to details of the story of The Last of Us and how it was made and the difficulties all the people working on the project had to go through to make it the game it is today. The Last of Us is truly an amazing game which deserves to be in history books.
4. Worth your time. A must listen. - I’m yrs old and really haven’t played video games in honestly yrs since collage. My son is ten and has had a rough pandemic in a few different ways unfortunately so as a much needed pick me up for him and myself (and our daughter) I spent a month tracking down a PS and it was a great surprise for them and for me as well. Being a big scifi, fantasy, graphic novel movie nerd that I am I just had to see what all the fuss is about for The Last of Us since I heard friends, acquaintances and coworkers etc. talking about this game and how it is so great and unique. Wow. They all were right about everything. This is hands down the best and most engaging, entertaining and emotional not just gaming but storytelling experience I’ve ever had. The storylines, twists and the characters (you will learn to care for- sounds crazy but is so true) are what make this game or story experience top notch. My wife is an English teacher (and hates video games) but was very taken back and intrigued by the characters and story the little she watched me play. It recently just took me a month to complete both games and late one night (work night that is) after I finished playing part I set the controller down and I sat for mins silently alone with one of our cats in the man cave and just thought about the whole experience and the three (plus Lev) main characters’ plights and what it all means. Very deep, compelling, thoughtful and conversation provoking experience that can apply to our all our lives in numerous ways coincidentally from the past two years of Covid . I immediately looked up if there was a podcast about The Last of Us since I didn’t want this experience to end and wanted to discuss and think about it more… And this definitely was the ticket! I can’t stop thinking about all facets of this game and the podcasts takes you there and back again! Loved it. This is one of the best podcasts in terms of overall quality, sound, hosts, all major voice actors are included (even Lev! Yes!) special guests ( l love the new Candyman by Nia DeCosta and her episode was great ) , material, perspectives and overall experience of this podcast is just great. I’m motivated to play this game again soon (and am more than excited to share the experience with my son when he thinks he’s ready). Thank you for creating this podcast. Mike (MN)
5. A masterpiece just like the games - I’m sobbing as I just finished this podcast. An absolute masterpiece, so perfectly reminds you of the moments in the game that really made you feel. Made you rethink what love and grief and trauma and humanity and life even mean, in the best ways. It highlights so many wonderful moments throughout the games, with insight from the creators/actors/team that worked on them. Outstanding, will % revisit down the road. Thank you for making such magnificent TLOU content. If I could give stars I would.
6. The Last of Us Podcast is Amazing! - Really great deep dive into one of my favorite series of all time! It was awesome hearing the cast and crew talk about their experiences as well as the actual story itself. Makes me want to turn on the PlayStation and slide the discs in again for the th time. I love The Last of Us and , and this podcast made me love them even more! Endure and Survive!
7. Amazing and Incredible - Incredible podcast, I’ve listened through at least times now and I still love it. A wonderful and insightful telling of the story, as well as a deep dive into the creative process for both games, which was fascinating. Thank you Neil and the whole team for this amazing game and series!
8. Must listen!! - If your a fan or someone on the fence you MUST listen to this. Absolutely fantastic to hear from the people who made this masterpiece and the host is wonderful! Please listen to this and let them explain why they did what they did on there way to creating one of the most controversial masterpieces ever! Well done!
9. “I See the Appeal” - I’m one of those freaks who finds the making of/behind the scenes of any piece of art more intriguing than the art itself. The Last of Us, both parts, are absolutely beautiful. Far beyond its magnificence at face value, though, are deeply thought-provoking experiences (particularly in the narrative of part ). I thoroughly enjoyed getting to hear the insight from its creators and contributors.
10. Awesome, keep it up! - Just played through the first game for the th time, and am a huge fan of the series! This podcast is great because instead of listening to all the hate online you can hear the cast and crew talk about the game from their point of view. All of them are really talented and I hope they do a good job on the last of us which I hope will come out fairly soon because I can’t wait to play a new game. Don’t cite me on this, I’m looking at you, “leakers”.
11. As Meticulously Crafted as The Game - I absolutely loved this podcast. The production, the SFX from the game, the in-depth interviews and analyses, and the fantastic job Spicer has done hosting. Totally superb. I have had so many thoughts after finishing the game (twice now), and this has been the best way for me to get the answers I wanted. A necessary companion to the The Last of Us Part .
12. Incredible Breakdown - This high-quality podcast offers and incredible insight in the story and development of the last of us series. You hear several incredible details that may have otherwise been overlooked by the players. Hearing from Neil and the voice actors offered insight I would’ve otherwise never known. Highly recommended to everyone.
13. Incredible - Such a beautiful in-depth look at the various themes and story arcs of the game as a whole. I often caught myself saying “yes, I felt that too!” whenever Ashleigh or Neil or Troy were recounting a feeling they had. This podcast made me tear up all over again, as if I didn’t enough already during the game. Bravo.
14. Basically a Director’s Commentary - It’s an incredibly granular and in-depth look at these fantastic pieces of art. Gave me a much greater appreciation for the medium and how much work goes into each facet of creating one. It basically functions as a director’s commentary for the Last of Us Part & . Speaking of which, I really wish they had that. Worth your time if you love these games as much as I do!
It's Super Effective is a weekly Pokémon podcast that covers news and information on Pokémon GO, the Pokémon anime, and the video games (such as Pokemon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet, as well as, Pokémon UNITE and Masters EX). The podcast also talks about battling, Shiny Hunting, the Pokémon TCG, Pokémon merchandise and more! While the show is mostly news focused, we cover listener e-mails, and in-depth Pokémon trivia! It's Super Effective is an award-winning podcast and one of the most downl...
Release date: 2023-03-06
1. Read me I’m an ad - Master ball makers are cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pip-pip-pipLUP!!! No, stop it Waterfall!! TAKE Master ball make-piiiiiipLUP no no no no no TAKE m-pip pippip CRASH BANG CRASH TUNK BANG NO NOT MY EXPENSIVE CAMERAS AND RECORDING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Love the new crew - Just want to say that I love the shake up in hosts for the show. Will and Greg are great but tbh I was wondering for awhile when Will was gonna announce his retirement. I thought it was gonna happen way back when he would talk about the plant growing app lol. But I think this podcast’s large group of guest-hosts is one of this podcast’s greatest assets. And I hope that Steve is still having fun with it during these times. The show feels as genuine as always for me, the new blood makes the show fun to listen to.
3. Its Super Informative! - I absolutely love this Podcast! Keeps up to date on all Pokémon news. The best part of the show is the round table debate about things related t Pokémon. Appreciate the honesty and straightforward dialogue. Steve and company are truly dedicated to the love of Pokémon and really dona good job representing all fans!
4. Great show! - U guys just made podcast of the week in one of my newspapers! Vroom vroom listeners! It’s a little bit Paldea! This is a great, HAND-CRAFTED podcast. Whether it’s the TCG, video games, anime, or anything else, they cover it all, and will always make you laugh. Also, love ur TCG max raid -year-old story. giveittopharel Sorry, I got a little carried away with the references
5. Love it! - Love the crew so much. SBJ is an excellent host and has excellent chemistry with just about everyone; however, I do hope they find a good replacement for Will soon. The new Super Picnic episodes are borderline unlistenable because, without a good foil, Greg takes up a lot of time and space, and we can’t move on from his takes, especially since he is so resistant to feedback and information provided by the host—which is fine, usually there has to be a personality that provides discussion and tension. Will just did a great job moving things along, and we need another personality to help with that.
6. True Pokéfans speak on their love of Pokémans - Steve, Will, & Greg (The Three Ludicolos) are by far the BEST conversationalists when it comes to Pokémon & Pokéculture. ISF is the only show I’ll listen to about PKMN & tbqh, I think it’s one of the most diverse, in terms of sexuality. My one ding is I wish they had more special guests of BIPOC & their experiences with the game, but it’s probably not for lack of trying. Listen to more than episodes and it’s obvious how hands-on Steve is & how DIY the process is for them. Despite that, the quality of the podcast is something on par with EarWolf or Spotify Podcasts, Ringer, or even Gimlet. No lies!! Tight-tight-tight editing & music use! Good conversation with little fodder! And the respect to pronouns, the anti-ableist stance of Greg, Will, & Steve each, & the lovely supportive nature of their show, down to the willingness to get into nitty gritty of competitive play to PKMNTCG, just so people can enjoy their hobby to the max; is applaudable. Please applaud. Please listen. Update: this is, by far and away, the best and most fair coverage of PKMN Scarlet & Violet! It’s incredible stuff!!
7. Me again! - Want a great podcast that’s got it all? Well look no further! This podcast is the greatest Pokémon podcast of all time. Plus, they even had (and will HOPEFULLY bring back) another Pokémon related podcast. Mythical is a podcast where Greg, the DM, creates a crazy good story, and others play it out, as that is how D&D works. GiveItToPharell
8. Thank you SBJ - Listening to your podcasts for the last / years has brought me hundreds of hours of joy. A huge thank you for both the PKMNPodcast and an even larger appreciation for The Carve Monster Hunter Podcast. You truly have found your calling and it shows in your work. I hope one day you could start the Carve up again even for just a few episodes.
9. This is amazing - This is literally the best podcast ever and will always be the best Pokémon Podcast ever I look forward to listening to this every week and it brings so much joy to my day throughout all of the struggles of life I know I can always come back to this podcast and I’ve loved Pokémon ever since I was years old playing Pokémon Stadium and getting my first taste of Pokémon and this podcast has kept me loving this series more than ever if you like Pokémon this is the podcast for you.
10. A once positive experience has recently turned dour - I began following this podcast in after Pokémon GO brought me back to the franchise after years of being away. I began following other Pokémon-centric podcasts during this time, but I never found a show that was as polished or professional as ISE. Around the release of Sword and Shield, many podcasts quickly turned negative and the bulk of their programming seemed to rely on grievances they had with whatever decision TPCI, Nintendo, Niantic, or Gamefreak had made recently. ISE, however, was always different. I would never go so far as to say any of the hosts of ISE were “shills” for any of the above mentioned companies. I found their criticisms to be fair, balanced, and well thought out. They also made an attempt to try and look at the situation from the company’s perspective or that of its employees. They may not agree with that perspective, but they made an attempt at understanding it. The show overall, however, had a positive outlook on the Pokémon franchise and was easy to latch onto for news and tips for someone like me just getting back into it. Recently, however, ISE seems to have fallen into a predictable formula where the hosts present a piece of news and then proceed to share whatever their issue or grievance is with it. Future episodes may well just be titled “Episode : This happened and here’s why that’s wrong.” Most of the joy, excitement, and positive energy contained within the show has been replaced with disappointment, anger, and frustration. If I were someone new to the Pokémon franchise and listened to recent episodes of ISE, I would wonder why anyone was a fan of this franchise as I would be hard pressed to hear of any of the franchise’s redeeming qualities, nor would I be able to learn much of anything other than what the franchise gets wrong. Pokémon is an escape. Something I enjoy engaging with as a way to relax. The last two years have been incredibly taxing and lately it’s become increasingly difficult to listen to negativity. I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to continue listening. If I find another podcast that provides updates and tips, I may stop listening sooner rather than later.
11. Self important. - Self appointed future predicting economists. According to them, nothing you own has value unless you intend to sell it. They should inform the irs of their financial epiphany. Also according to them, physical property in the form of cards produced in a albeit mass quantity but finite number, is a dumb investment but digital app purchases on a quickly fading cash grab cell phone application aren't? If you don't agree with investing in Pokémon cards don't describe your podcast as a ptcg podcast. Just say you binge watch tv shows and shill for Pogo. Let it Pokémon go.
12. The Podcast is… Super Effective! - I’ve been a long time listener and I’ve really enjoyed the show! Steve, Greg, and Will are all fantastic and I love hearing their opinions about Pokémon News and Media. I’m not even that much of a Pokémon fan but still enjoying listening to the show every week!
13. Not surface level! - If your looking for fun, humorous banter about all subjects Pokemon these are the guys for you. In top of all the knowledgeable discussion on the multitude of titles that exist within Pokémon, these gentlemen dig deep in topics discussing actual implications of changes or non changing game design and game play! Rodney PMHNP
14. Disappointed - PKMN cast pretty much talks % Pokémon go and the other % news, games, and other Pokémon related topics which is a bummer. It’d be nice if you divide equally what you talk about. I’ve listened to all episodes and lately it’s getting boring listening to the same old rants about Pokémon Go this or Pokémon Go that.
The OpTic Podcast
Release date: 2023-02-25
1. A Passion Reborn - The amount and quality of Content that Optic has been putting out deserves more than five stars. With Esports being an escape for a lot of people the content that surrounds it deserves some Love. Whether it’s the joking around or the stories that are told the content is always Gold! % Recommended. p.s HCZ I need the Optic Texas Orgins Hat lol
2. Niac Ad Reads - I’ve listened to every episode of the Optic podcast and the Eavesdrop, and I usually quick skip through the ads because Hector gives each ad read a two minute spot. Today was the second day I have listened to every word of the ad, and the factor is Nick Maniac. You can tell that he hates every moment of it, which makes it even funnier. I’m leaving the star rating for as long as Nick does the ad reads. Ball’s in your court, Roger.
3. OpTic for Life! - I’ve been following OpTic since the Bo days in CoD and it’s been a wild ride. This podcast has been something I’ve been wanting for awhile a great take on gaming culture etc. These dudes are hilarious no matter what the topic is the laughs I get from this podcast really get me through a lot! I know I’ve never met any of these guys in real life I feel like they’re my brothers in gaming that’s what OpTic is a family keep up the great work! GreenWall
4. Light in my day - Doesn’t matter what the set of topics/questions of each episode are I’ll instinctively click and start listening. The camaraderie of the whole team stand so true and having OG back as a brand feels incredibly symbolic and it gives me chills just thinking about the return of the org to the way it should be. Everyone has me laughing and enticed to any discussion brought up. Love this team and this podcast!
Four nerds. Four microphones. Zero clue what we're talking about.
Release date: 2023-02-18
1. A wholesome gamer hang! - This is the way to do a podcast! It’s like listening to four friends hang out in a living room talking about video game news and love for the new and old. Their format makes you feel like you are right there with then, just hanging out. I came here as a Gameranx and Jake fan, and found some love for three new champions of video game culture. Special shout-out to the Completionist, who just seems like my spirit animal when it comes to gaming. Thanks y’all, for the great work you do!!!
2. Great Group of People with Well Rounded Opinions - I came to this podcast as a fan of SkillUp’s youtube channel and have loved spending time with all these creators. There’s a great mix of personalities, palpable chemistry and real insight into the gaming industry and everything around it. They are never afraid to crack jokes or tangent at times but know where to draw the line and don’t degrade their product to boost an entertainment factor, relying instead on their personalities, knowledge and passion for games to carry the show. New podcasts always need a growing period to understand what works and what doesn’t and despite starting very strong off the bat, they have taken feedback and made alterations which continue to improve the overall product and encourage an atmosphere of community. Great work Ralph, Lucy, Jake and Jirard - keep up the good work, tie your shoes and go to bed!
3. First podcast - This is the first podcast that has convinced me to keep listening. And don’t like that bio of “zero clue what we’re talking about” fool you. These four are entrenched in the games industry, and they know their stuff. I thoroughly enjoy listening, because it keeps me up to date with the ongoings of the video game industry, and keeps it entertaining all the while. I’m not sure how it stacks up against other podcasts, but for me it has been a star experience listening to these individuals.
4. Great Chill Show! - Listened to the Last of Us Part price discussion on my drive from NJ to MA today and downloaded Apple Podcasts just to drop a review (I listen on Spotify). This is a fun show of a few great gaming personalities shooting the breeze with some great perspectives on games. Excellent bants as they say!
5. Top Tier Content - Never imagined all my favorite creators would assemble for a podcast. Filtering through all of the video games industry, these four are whose content I regularly consume. Excited for the future of this podcast and the team in general. Keep up the great work y’all! Also, if you could feature Blessing or Tamoor for an episode or two that’d be awesome.
Released every Thursday, The MinnMax Show features former Game Informer employees and beyond talking about the week's most exciting games or game industry news before reading feedback from the Patreon community found at patreon.com/minnmax.
Release date: 2023-02-23
1. Fantastic Gaming Podcast - A great podcast to listen to. The hosts offer a great spread of opinions and viewpoints that are always interesting and engaging. The consistent contributors and new and old guests are always engaging and interesting to listen to. And it’s a great introduction to the MinnMax crew and the greater body of work they have created. My current favorite podcast and always a highlight of my week. Twitter: @BrandonBrandInc
2. Da Best - My favorite video game podcast, hands down! I think instead of trying to spring a short deep dive on us (a book club type thing like y’all did for THE Minish Cap), give the audience a heads up so they can participate. Just do really short indie games that are - hours long, have audience write in thoughts, and then do like an hour discussion. You could turn out one a month with different people each time so it’s not overwhelming for any one cohort. This would be a great way to keep the Deepest Dive going between big games that require -parts. Just an idea… for the best video game podcast around!! Twitter: @joshuarogers
3. Amazing podcast - Hey minnmax crew! This is such a great podcast that I look forward to each week! The content is relevant and always hilarious to listen as well. Humor is top notch and always informative. The extra content is great and helps me get through the week up to the next show! Ill have to show some more support on the patreon page as well to keep the content rolling! Thanks for the work you do! @Uberw
4. My favorite podcast! - Ben and the rest of the MinnMax crew put a lot of effort into creating a welcoming, inclusive community and the podcast is a huge part of that. Every week, they discuss games, news, and just about anything funny or interesting that happened that week. They include a segement dedicated to quesations and games from the community, where they give back with fun and interesting prizes from iambit. The MinnMax Show is something I look forward to every week and I hope never ends! - @rickywilla
5. Industry Insider Goodies - As a driver i spend a lot of time listening to all the different games media podcasts and this is my fav of the bunch. Thursdays always start off right when the new pod goes up. Hanson’s hosting and knowledge really give you a good all around scope into the industry! From development to media roll outs to reviews I can’t get enough and i’m constantly watching again on youtube while gaming at home. I also love the cast/cohorts. It’s quirky, funny and insightful. It’s inspiring too that a media platform seems to enjoy themselves a ton while creating content and speaking on the thing we love most, (sorry Mom)… GAMES! tysm @mudkip_boy twitter
6. A Necessary Weekly Videogame Podcast - Variety is a key word when describing MinnMax. The main show alone is a funny and breezy listen on upcoming and recently released games (often highlighting indie games which I particularly enjoy). Including Ben as host and a rotating crew of game journalists/streamers/essayists/developers, every episode has a unique vibe. And when you get hooked, join the Patreon and you can also listen to: deep dives, interviews, and bonus discussions on movies, games and more! @DarkFishDays
7. This show rules - I’ve been listening to this podcast for about a year now and I really enjoy it. It’s cool to see the cross over from GI and the various reporting on indies as well. I’ve found some really cool games I otherwise would not have played based on recommendations! I really love the joy of discovering these hidden gems! I also feel less ashamed about my back log now; normalize the back log!!! Rustympeters@gmail
8. My favorite gaming podcast! - Hey, get a load of this: The MinnMax show is a fantastic video game podcast! I love the in-depth discussions about games, recaps on the latest gaming news, the fun / thought-provoking community questions, and of course all of the lovely hosts. They never fail to make me laugh and bring joy to my day. @kaizokurisu
9. Amazing Gaming Podcast - I came across this podcast a couple months ago after hearing Janet talk about it on another podcast. I already know I really vibe with this group of people. Love to hear their thoughts and recommendations on games, especially since they make time to talk about smaller unique games. @johan_lyon on twitter
10. This show slaps - What a great podcast. Ben Hanson has put together a great crew to discuss video games with each week. And it’s hard to just listen to The MinnMax Show and not get pulled into all their other things like The Deepest Dive and all the interviews he puts up on YouTube. I’m WildRile on the discord if you end up joining the Patreon for even more content!
11. Excellent Podcast and Hosts! - I’ve been listening to MinnMax since the beginning and look forward to the show in my feed every week! The hosts are fantastic and each brings their own gaming tastes and opinions to the show, making it easy for listeners to find a relatable voice. The MinnMax show sends out positivity and good vibes, along with the latest news and gaming opinions. If you give it a chance, you won’t be disappointed. They also have so much more to offer from their Patreon, YouTube and Twitch channels. JazzyMcFresh from the MinnMax Discord
12. Best Gaming Podcast - Been listening to this group since the Game Informer days. Really good coverage of most games, very funny, and always a good time. Their community events are also creative and fun. As a fellow Minnesotan I’m really happy yo have such an awesome show representing us! Keep up the great work! @justin_slice
13. My favorite multi console video game show! - This really is my favorite multi platform video game podcast. Ben Hanson lead a rotating group of guests on a weekly trip through the newest in video games. I really like all the unbiased opinions on everything. On this show they discuss the latest game releases and news as well as tackling listener mail. It truely is the only videi game podcast you need to listen to. Thanks everyone! @jayfitness on Twitter
14. The MinnMax Show - Greatest Work of Art of All Time? - Inside jokes aside, Ben Hanson has put together an incredible crew here. A true must-listen for anyone who enjoys gaming podcasts and it immediately claims the top of my queue each Thursday. Great community, great content. One might say they’ve really Minn-Maxed this whole approach to podcasting. Thanks again, Ben! @CGoodlet
IGN editors discuss all things Nintendo. Now you're playing with power!
Release date: 2023-03-02
1. Seth is doing a great job as the new host - Pretty hilarious that they forgot to censor out Peer saying f word in the newest episode. And the drink making segment was really fun I like how off script it felt. Also I love this podcast I feel blessed to be listening to this current era of the podcast live.
2. NVC - I love this show and listen weekly and have for years. Thank you for the free content. It is difficult for me to keep up on all of the games that come out and often I hear the crew talking about a game I didn’t know of by hearing about what they are playing. This has opened me up to many new games that I love but may have never heard of.
3. Intelligent & Wholesome Gaming Podcast - I must admit before I get into my thoughts on the podcast that I have been an IGN supporter for quite many years, so take my opinion with that in mind! This show is one that I do not miss an episode of, and listening to NVC has made me a bigger Nintendo fan as well as a more well-rounded gamer. While the majority of news and discussion is focused around Nintendo, the diverse and articulate rotating panel of hosts always keep things fresh by talking about the gaming industry as a whole, while simultaneously sharing their individual interests, personality quirks, and senses of humor. I have yet to hear a host or guest that I did not like on the show, each person who comes on NVC is very professional but more importantly they are all extremely entertaining! Additionally, the amount of games that I have discovered (both retro & recent games) because they were directly suggested by a member of an episode of NVC is mind boggling! NVC’s cast is generally oozing with good taste in games, so if you get a recommendation from the show that sparks your interest, pull the trigger. You may discover a new “favorite of all time” game you didn’t even know existed. I would say that NVC falls in the family show category, and the craziest things get on a given episode would be a PG rating. I think that this show has wonderful, consistent commentary on respecting others and appreciating art and would recommend it to anyone who games on Nintendo hardware or considers gaming to be a passion or hobby. Keep up the great work guys and gals, y’all rock! After all NVC is the only place where you CAN get the thing
4. Could be great! - Love all of the hosts and guests with the exception of one, unfortunately: Kat. Her journalism is great, there’s no doubting her experience and expertise, and I’m sure she’s a good person. Unfortunately, her podcast presence is pretty negative and a detriment to the show’s quality. She is consistently argumentative, contrarian, and frankly, arrogant (in that her views are the only correct ones). The recent Pokémon conversation where she was shutting down Miranda and Rebecca was the last straw. I will be tuning out for now, but I hope to return to the show once she’s discovered that one can disagree without being disagreeable.
5. Longtime Listener Who Unsubscribed - I’m done. I listened for years longer than I cared to honestly, but I kept giving the show a pass because I assumed it would’ve improved. Have listened to this show for literal years. Went to college every day with a minute drive looking forward to each new episode of great game talk and recommendations. This show was really great in the prime of DS. Peer and Jose were great together. Jose left and it hasn’t been the same since. I love Peer, and don’t necessarily dislike anyone until Kat was added. I’ve listened to other podcasts with Kat and I’ve always been kind of annoyed with her games opinion. If it’s not Bloodborne or Pokémon she is not into it and it feels like she’s putting herself in a closed minded, defensive, better than thou kind of vibe. I’m not a fan, and that’s just my opinion. Even after her I stuck with the podcast hoping it would get better. This last episode() had them talking about jogging for minutes and then the Wavebird for minutes. What happened to actual gaming talk and recommendations? It legit feels like people are only playing Pokémon, Kirby, or Elden Ring on this podcast. Like no one on this podcast FEELS like they’re actually interested in Nintendo games that are coming out now. It’s a lot of talk about stuff that isn’t even relevant too. So this is why I left. I’m done. I would come back easily if I heard of a shake up and restructure, but I miss actual gaming talk and not Pokémon chat for minutes.
6. Just not for me anymore - The following is meant to be for the benefit of NVC and not me trying to be overly critical. I hope Seth and Kat, as examples, don’t take this personal. I still like the full cast (of regulars and guests) but the format has shifted away from what I enjoy. That being said, the reasons I don’t listen to the show anymore, may be the reasons new listeners do, and I am perfectly fine with falling off a show as it finds a new audience.
I listen to game podcasts to be informed, have fun, and escape what’s going on in the world. Over the last year, or so, NVC has skewed toward snark and derision in a way that is too similar to a Rachel Maddow or Tucker Carlson in segments for me to enjoy. To be clear, I’m not equating anyone on the show to Maddow or Carlson, just their approach to the show. .
I hope this helps the show grow and build a fan base. My deepest hopes for nothing but good things for all of the IGN content creators. Thanks for the years of free and entertaining shows!
7. Awful hosts - It used to be a little better, but none of these hosts should be anywhere near a microphone. Their knowledge is fine, but the constant breathing and voice inflections and volume changes just makes me want to stab my eardrums and be done with it. None of the hosts have had any voice training and it shows big time. A better video game podcast, head over to FrogPants studios and listen there. UGH!
8. this is annoying (please read) - I THOUGHT this was the perfect Nintendo podcast. all the characters are good, but Seth… STOP MAKING DUMB GIMICS…. I want…. To hear…. About Nintendo… not Seth’s breathing and achooing in my ear. I think anyone would like this if that is what This like. Also talking about new “secret” games coming in . Ugh stop talking about mariokart . It’s probably just DLC.
9. Used to be a great show…now it’s kinda meh - I’ve been listening to this show for a long time and it used to be amazing. Unfortunately, they changed hosts a few months back now and the new host isn’t as good. This podcast used to be the funnest and most upbeat of IGN’s podcasts, but with the new host, it has a dried tone. I’ve enjoyed Seth Macy as a commentator on IGN’s other shows, but he just doesn’t have the personality to head a show. I also think the fact that they replaced a female host with a very bro-y (in a geeky way) host is concernknf. It seems like IGN’s commitment to diverse representation in video game media is very shallow as almost every show has only white, make hosts and most commentators are also white and male. I’ll give this podcast a few more months to improve and if not, I’ll unsubscribe.
10. THE Podcast for Nintendo Fans - If you’re a Nintendo fan, this is the podcast for you! Great to hear in-depth discussion about some of my favorite games every week, and the hosts are funny, kind-hearted, and incredibly knowledgeable. Shows are usually over an hour long but feel like they fly by in less than minutes. Nothing better than being a Super Ninfriendo!
11. What Happened To This Podcast? - As someone who has listened to almost every single episode this podcast has continuously gone downhill. Back when Jose was host this podcast was incredible. Pierre is still phenomenal, but the discourse often ends up being boring, non-news related garbage. It sounds like a bunch of people who don’t know anything about games besides what happens to be big stories talking about games. This podcast feels like a non-gamer podcast. How can you take something as magical and fun as Nintendo and make it boring?
12. People with congested noses who talk to much and lick boot - Casey left and ever since we’ve had a host of obnoxious voices, people who defend Nintendo’s anti consumer policy, and thoroughly enjoy the taste of boot. Awful. Tell the woman who talks % of the podcast with the clogged nose to invest in tissues. Done with this show
13. Predictable - I would have bet every dollar I had that one particular host simply wasn’t going to be able to resist making the political commentary on Chris Pratt being Mario. And sure enough, BING! There it was! They just can’t help themselves. Maybe let ONE part of our lives not be about telling us what everyone’s political beliefs should be, my dudes. Gaming is about bringing people together.
14. Not the same - Sorry for the harsh (but honest) review. I’m a Loooong time listener and consider myself a super ninfrendo, but the latest episodes are just unlistenable to me. I have always loved NVC from Peer, Matt, Fran, Bozon, etc.. to Brian (Brapp brapp), but the latest format is just awful. Casey - you’re super awesome and cool, but honestly i just cannot get Into NVC lately. Best of Luck Pete
Every week, the creators of Super Best Friends Play discuss the best and worst of the videogame industry, pop culture and get excessively hyped about things for no reason.
Release date: 2023-02-21
1. I Could Listen to Pat and Woolie Forever - Two awesome people, one dope podcast. Nothing more I could ask for. They never fail to entertain and they’ve got that sense of humor you wish others did. Such a rare thing to find nowadays and it’s so refreshing. Thanks for helping me get some sleep at night! You guys are awesome and I wish you nothing but constant success in your gaming futures.
2. They promise nothing, and deliver less (but unironically) - Want endgame spoilers to games that came out a week ago, given with no warning, after being told they would avoid spoilers? Want unqualified financial analysis on billion dollar multimedia corporations?
This is the show for you! No, seriously, you get a step by step guide to speed running to late game, spoiler character names included, for the biggest release of the year so far, with no warning beyond “I was watching a Twitter video…” in the middle of a rather harmless discussion about weapon type balance. And they think “market cap” equals “company value at sale”. So yeah, they fall for every single Twitter rumor about “Sony is going to buy X” or “Why don’t X buy Konami”. And nearly a decade into doing podcasts together, and nearly two decades as friends, they still have no clue how to not talk over each other every ten minutes, because they do the thing where they say “oh, sorry” then JUMPING RIGHT BACK to talking. It’s like a cartoon gag where someone rear-ends a car, they get out, apologize to the other driver, make sure there’s no damage, then get back into their car and immediately rear-end the same car. Every - minutes. Or intentionally going “yeah, okay” over and over again over the other person’s entire point mid-monologue. And then they start shouting into their mics like a kid on Xbox Live. The fact that this show is reasonably popular just comes from the sad state of video game podcasts, particularly with the long, slow fall of Giant Bomb. But sometimes… you’d rather have nothing.
3. Humble opinion: IT’S THE BEST - I’ve listened to the SBFP podcast and now CSB. I’ve honostly tried to pick up and get into other podcasts and I’ve yet to find one that is as entertaining and on the nose as this. You don’t have to start from the beginning, you can just pick up the most recent because it’s the most relevant. I’ll be listening till the end.
4. Best Gaming Podcast - My opinions don’t always line up with Pat and Woolie’s, but they’re always fun to listen to. Pat may be the funniest guy in the internet and Woolie knows his stuff when it comes to the games business. They are great duo and this is the only podcast I listen to every single week. (It’s also a pretty long podcast which is great for work commutes.)
5. Annoying gamers being annoying and having bad opinions - Just go to GameStop and find the smelliest looking person in the store and ask them about video games to get the experience of listening to this podcast. Nothing insightful whatsoever, just regurgitating the same stuff you can find in the replies to any IGN tweet.
6. What if Opie and Anthony were SJWs? - I don’t know why they call themselves a video game podcast when the majority of games they talk about are exclusive to the PlayStation. Most of their act are ripped off Opie And Anthony bits, and virtue signaling. Seriously the slanderous things they say, I am. Or surprised they haven’t been banned or sued. “Everyone that works at XYZ is a “grapeist” although they don’t use the word “grape”. They’re industry knowledge a series of unsourced game informer articles and “inside industry contacts” the same industry contacts that told Pat the reason why Baldur’s Gate was terrible was because it was written to query an environment with a series of “if/then” statements. This of course couldn’t be more wrong, and should give you an idea of the breadth of both their PC gaming knowledge and credibility of “industry contacts”. Recently they had someone from The Washington Post ( you know “Democracy Dies in Darkness ) co host. Sometimes they’ll make incredulous statements about anime and their vistas of Japan. For instance, “Back in the day...you couldn’t buy anime or watch it online. You had to see it on Cartoon Network.” Side note they also think Mike Shinoda is “Brilliant!” Not really a surprise when you factor in everything else. So if you want contemporary politics that amount to “grr...Orange man bad.” In you video game news and your video game news to be covered with just as much insight, then look no further than these two millennials.
7. Don’t stray too far from your knowledge base - Solid podcast for keeping up with video game related news and culture surrounding it, with some comedy. Unfortunately, both hosts tend to make confident remarks about subjects they know nothing about, and then proceed to be petulant man-children (Pat) when chat or emails politely correct them.
8. CSB SBFC - I really miss Matt and Liam. They would constantly challenge Pat’s insane bs when it needed to be challenged. Woolie tries every now and then but he’s just too nice about it. Pat is insufferable and the worst part of the podcast. I held on for like - episodes of the new podcast and just couldn’t push on anymore. Pat being completely unreasonable and childish while Woolie is trying to have an adult conversation is incredibly grading, especially for hours on end. Woolie is the best part of this show and honestly the only reason I ever do pop my head in. RIP old good SBF cast.
9. The Woolie Sand Bag podcast - I’m not a huge pat fan but he tries so hard to keep the conversation going and all Woolie does is let out a tired “yeah...”, “yup.”, or “mhmm”. I’ve been listening since the beginning of best friends and now it’s just sad listening. It just seems like the only reason Woolie is doing it is to make whatever money is to be made off the shell of the best friends podcast.
10. Done - Very irritating show. I’m sick of hearing about how “tired” you are at the beginning of every show. This latest one , getting a tattoo tires you out? Really? Your body is focusing on healing and it is tiring you out? Whatever man, how about stop playing virtual card games all night and get sleep like a normal person. Getting a puppy is one thing, but normal people can balance life and do that too. Hope you ride out the Twitch/YouTube career as long as you can because you definitely ain’t made for the real world.
11. Best Dumb Podcast There Is - People talk about Pat being a huge idiot about things, and yeah, he kind of is. He runs his mouth about things that turn out to be wrong constantly. But it’s important to note that Pat is intelligently wrong when he is wrong, he’s just wrong a hilarious amount of the time. Woolie though? Woolie is open to ideas, asks questions more than he gives answers, but when he gives an answer that isn’t directly related to specific exact experiences he’s had, he isn’t just an idiot. He’s dumb about it. It’s hilarious, out of .
12. Keep it up. - This continues to be a retreat and joy from all the stress I’m dealing with every day. I work full time at home and take care of my kids at the same time. This gives me something fun to listen to and just some good long hour conversations about nothing important. It lasts me usually the whole week because I can only listen every now and then.
13. I’m out. - It just doesn’t feel like they’re trying anymore. Their bad takes and political/ideological tangents are also horribly delivered and altogether off-putting, given this is ostensibly a gaming focused podcast.
I used to listen for game related opinions and humorous stories, now it just feels like a boring lecture, or being stuck in church.
Hearing Pat argue in bad faith is also really grating, especially on topics like censorship. I can’t see a reason to really spend much more time with them. So I won’t.
And I would invite any other current listeners to consider doing the same.
14. These guys got me back into gaming in - For real these guys reminded me that video games are awesome. Because of Woolie I’m back to being a scrub in fighting games and I love it. Pat’s crazy way of seeing things helps remind me that I am normal lol. Also I love Matt and Liam ever! Cause it’s better than
The podcast for PlayStation fans. We’re giving PlayStation-focused insight on PlayStation news, we're reveling in nostalgia, and we're making predictions about the future. It’s granular about the PlayStation ecosystem. Hosted by Greg “GameOverGreggy” Miller and Blessing Adeoye. Watch the free video version at YouTube.com/KindaFunnyGames
Release date: 2023-02-22
1. Hands down, best podcast for video games - I’ve been listening to a lot of video game podcasts the past couple of years. I stumbled upon Kinda funny and crew this past year and since then I haven’t been able to listen to any of the other podcasts. You guys do a great job bringing the news and reviews while also keeping it light, funny, and just overall not overly serious. Keep up the good work kinda funny crew!
2. A shell of its former self. - I used to listen to this show when it was from insightful opinions from industry insiders. It was funny and I leaned a lot of interesting tidbits about playstation gaming. Now its hosted by these kids who just go on rants and seem to come up with the same repetitive topics on the cuff. This show unfortunately is no longer entertaining or even Kinda Funny.
3. Declining - Man the addition of Janet just does not work. The joke is that her and the other host Greg are the same person because they have the same views. That makes for one terrible - hour podcast to listen to. No I’m depth discussions because they all just agree and move on. There’s never any push back or challenging hosts to defend their opinions. Not to mention, this show has devolved from industry insiders with insightful opinions, to less informed conversation that can be found anywhere. The format does not work
4. Best Video Game Podcast - I wanna start with the positive before I rip these other recent reviewers a new one. I’m a picky podcast listener, and I work in entertainment myself so I’m pretty sensitive to bad hosting, content, quality, etc. This podcast crew is TOP NOTCH. They are universally funny, joyful, and goofy. The episodes are informative, the topics well chosen, and the discussions enjoyable. It’s not just a great video game podcast but a great podcast period. Greg is an agent of chaos and I love it. And now to rip the other reviewers: they seem to hate joy just as much as they love misogyny and racism. The podcast is a blast so long as you’re not the kind of pathetic little basement troll who gets triggered when a woman or POC offers their opinion. These guys need to get out of their basements and into some therapy. Don’t listen to them, listen to the podcast and make up your own mind!
5. Annoying hosts but a decent show. - The topics that are discussed and disputed on this podcasts are nothing less than entertaining, it’s just the incoherent rambling of, certain, hosts Is what dissuades me from this. The “Blessing” hosts, is not only, often in the minority with his opinions, he also has despicable taste. Would not recommend.
6. Spoilers - Saying the word “spoilers” AFTER you spoil a plot point in something is pretty thoughtless and doesn’t really seem to respect your audience. Same goes for saying “not to spoil anything” and then proceeding to do so anyway. Guess I’ll have to pick and choose which episodes I listen to from now on. Like the hosts well enough though
7. Being honest and trying to be respectful. - It’s becoming harder and harder for me to enjoy this show. Maybe it’s my age. Maybe it’s my family and work priorities. Maybe it’s my gaming habits. Maybe it’s a combination of or more of these things I’ve mentioned. The point is, I cannot derive enjoyment from listening to them as I once did. I skip shows now, and fast forward and even put the podcast in fast speed when listening to them. I understand they enjoy waist they do and I am glad they get to do this and other gaming-related activities for a living. I just can’t click anymore. I can’t see myself in their shoes anymore. I think this podcast is great for younger audience and those within the influencer/YouTube/patroon/media community. I know it’s a podcast about video games but their lives revolve way too much on this. They want to raise money, they play video games. They want to enjoy life, they play video games. They are down and feeling the blues, they play video games. They have to take a dump, they play video games. They are bored, they play video games. They don’t get a game code to play for free, they’ll complain while playing video games.
8. Lost my respect - You know I used to enjoy listening to Greg talk about games but now it’s constant political views and telling people that their beliefs are wrong. I don’t care what your opinions are and I’m totally fine with you thinking the way you do but I think I deserve the same respect to not constantly be told that I am the scum of the earth because I believe a certain way. Good thing Sacred Symbols is a much better podcast anyways
9. Janet is not a good fit. - This show was fine before they brought Janet on but unfortunately she is just not an insightful or enjoyable host to listen to. I understand not every show is for everyone, but I think in this circumstance it’s really the host that is the problem and not the content of the show. Hopefully they pay attention to what their community enjoys and make some changes, as I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. This isn’t to be mean or anything just an opinion of the show, and it’s just sad to see a show you enjoyed become something you don’t want to listen to anymore.
10. Ugh… Janet - I’m sorry best friends but Janet is unlistenable. Her opinions are fine. I know she hates uncharted but I’m sure I hate franchises she loves so that’s not what bothers me. She talks way too fast, her voice goes right through me like nails on a chalkboard, and she’s always trying to dominate the conversation. Constantly talking over Blessing and Greg. I’m sorry but I just can’t listen to any KF content with Janet.
11. Boring. - I don’t know what it is about these guys, but they just seem extremely boring. Their tales are boring. Their voices are boring. It constantly feels as if they’re sucking up to Sony rather than actually being critical of the product. Out of all the Video Game podcasts I’ve listened to. This is by far the most boring.
12. I think they should focus more on PS news - I really liked this podcast and have no issues with the hosts but I think the last few topics of the show and the discussions surrounding them have been so so and kinda redundant with the other kinda funny games podcasts. I bet it’s tiring to try and split time and content between so many podcasts and having conversations that overlap all the time. Maybe not every weeks episode has to be the same format of tots, news rundown, patreon questions, etc? I think maybe doing more interviews with PS game devs and other games media ppl would be interesting/episodes that are more editorial and ever green topics like fav PS memories, games that you hated but later grew to love, etc.. Something to have it standalone from the rest of the kinda funny and other PlayStation podcasts.
13. It has lost its magic - This used to be a good podcast many years ago but now its unbearable. The continued rude interruptions from Greg not letting the other people talk is so annoying and his fake loud personality has really killed my enthusiasm for this podcast, same goes for their other podcast Kinda Funny. No interesting or truthful conversations about PlayStation games are ever made in this anymore.
14. Scratch your PlayStation itch - Greg, Blessing and Janet bring two hours worth of PlayStation content that usually yields in-depth conversations about what makes PS so special or how they could improve. There’s enough here to get your PS fix in one spot and the hosts do a great job facilitating that fix. Thanks peeps!