Articles of Interest is a show about what we wear. Produced and Hosted by Avery Trufelman
Release date: 2022-12-07
1. This podcast rules - Getting reminded of how everything is interwoven is always a thrill. Getting reminded of how fashion is influenced by and influences everything—politics, war, music, emotion and each of our personal journeys—is the biggest thrill of all! So glad I found this pod via You’re Wrong About
2. Perfect for anyone - What else am I supposed to say? Her voice / I fall asleep to episode all the time the little singing add breaks? Stuck in my head since December. I listened to this every time a new episode came out, usually while working on before break big projects. I find her scheduling more consistent and I am completely fine with Hiatuses. Her older episodes are perfect for someone wanting a sample!!! The American Ivy season has changed my sense of style and how I look at clothes and I love it!!! LISTEN TO THIS SHOW NOW!!!!!
3. Extreme interest - Is there anything better than Avery Trufelman’s infectious curiosity and keen intelligence, gallivanting wit and spirited insights into complex stories and histories and ideas that would fall apart as coherent narratives in lesser hands. The pacing and momentum are breezy but never superficial. Keep it going!
4. So good - This was compelling and funny; I am far from a fashionista but obsessed with the where and why of aesthetics (as well as investigative journalism), so this was right up my alley. I hope you’ll do at least another season. Also the “cover” artwork is brilliant, I’m jealous of whomever came up with it.
5. Lazy journalism - I’ll be honest - I don’t think she makes the connections she thinks she is making. To quote a later episode - I don't see the “rhyme”. And at one point she says that Americans lost their understanding on how to dress. But she never talked about when they had it. No comparison. And then in another segment one man, a Japanese man, said that he came to America in the early s and was shocked about what he saw. Her examples were then from . Not sure how that relates. It’s really lazy journalism wrapped up in awesome production values. And why is it that the racist rally guys (sorry I forget the name) are “weirdly” wanting to wear the same thing during the rally. That is fairly standard. I have been a part of LGBTQ rallies for the last years and we always “weirdly” want to coordinate our outfits. I am just shocked that this got the good press it did. I have a funny feeling a good fact checker would have an awesome time with this one.
6. Truly fascinating podcast! - I didn’t think I was interested in fashion podcasts, but Articles of Interest was on a bunch of “best of the year” lists, so I thought I’d give it a try. So, so good! I started with season three, the origins of preppy style and the host does an excellent job of presenting the history and interviewing experts on the topic.I have just one episode left, but I’m definitely going to go back and listen to seasons one and two.
7. Well produced but annoyingly political - Regardless of what one thinks of the hypotheses and conclusions presented in this series, it is undeniably well produced with interesting interviews and an artful progression and format. But the constant (and in my view “unnecessary”) political commentary erode the underlying substance of the podcast. I get it, you’re bitter about straight white males, money, and capitalism, but must that negative view color everything?
8. SO GLAD IT’S BACK - This podcast is so beautiful… Avery’s velvety voice, her choice of people to interview, the topics that at times dip into melancholic and thoughtful but can also make your heart soar and send you into a historical rabbit hole you never thought you’d be interested in but you ARE because this podcast demands your rapt attention! I. Love. This podcast. I hope it goes on for awhile, exploring every aspect of what we wear and every way we express ourselves through clothing and fashion. Its such an important part of being Human, and I feel it often gets ignored or brushed aside by contemporary people. This podcast helps you to think deeper about why we wear what we wear, and what parts of our identity we want to signal with our clothing…. Endless entertainment for me, i literally binged all the episodes in just a few days!
Light coverage, medium coverage, full coverage? Nope, we’re here to bring you Fool Coverage. There’s nothing like us on the market. 100% unique and 1000% glamorous. OG social media influencers, beauty gurus, and absolute besties, Manny MUA and Laura Lee are bringing you advice about beauty and fashion, stories about running our successful businesses, and the inside info about living in the spotlight as social media stars. And tea, the hottest tea. All the juiciest gossip, about all the fools...
Release date: 2023-03-17
1. LOVE but.. - I love this podcast! I love the discussions and their friendship I look forward for it every Friday but lately (this is a small issue), they have been releasing the episodes later on Fridays. I used to enjoy listening to it on my way to work while dealing with morning traffic. I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that they have been releasing it later. Now I don’t have the pleasure of listening to it during morning traffic
2. So fun to listen to but..! - I love tuning in every Friday to listen! I seriously look forward to it because it’s like sitting in with friends but the amount of times I’m sitting there correcting Laura mostly….girrrrl if you’re going to talk about a certain topic at least know the basics, like one episode where they were speaking about the Adam Levine situation….no, the song with his wife and daughter in the music video was “girl like you” not payphone….yes, it seems like a little mistake and it is but it happens a lot, with people names or some details. And if you’re going to choose to talk about something that happens with you and a beauty brand (unless you have a document stating you can’t speak on it at all) say it! It’s frustrating sitting there listening and getting more and more interested and you just whisper to each other or tell each other off the mic. Other than that, still fun to listen!
3. The duo I needed in the podcast space - This duo friendship is soooo good. I loved them on YouTube so when they came out w a podcast together it made so much sense. I love their conversations and energy. Are the ads a little much? Absolutely lol but babes the / second skip is RIGHT THERE!! Lol just skip through it and let them get their coins okay? This podcast makes me feel like I’m sitting down w my besties every week to catch up and I love it!! Never stop plz!!
4. The best podcast - I actually look forward to my commute to work on Fridays because I know I’ll have Manny and Laura (and Tyler) in the car with me! They are SO funny and I just love their friendship. Can you guys review selling the OC on Netflix and talk about the Brittany Aldean drama on your next rapid fire?! Would love to hear what you think
5. Not great - I really surprised this has . stars. This is a truly terrible podcast. They start off each week with peaks/pits which is usually either an advertisement for their brands or bragging about their work ethic (spoiler alert: I have no idea what other jobs they had but idk who works - and just “clocks in and out” without trying). Once they - min segment is done they will move into rapid fire or something of the sort and again, genuinely surprised about the lack of basic research done for their topics. It’s like they don’t even read an article on the topic! They are either completely misinformed or say that they don’t know enough on the topic. I get this isn’t a fully researched podcast but at least do the bare minimum if you are going to talk about it. Also, this is all interrupted by many many advertisements. I know they don’t use the products they talk about it because they don’t sound genuine or enthusiastic at all. I really wanted to like this pod and maybe I’m at the target audience but this can be done a lot better and just feels like a cash grab.
6. PINK SAUCE - We are living! You two have become one of my most fave pop culture girlie pods esp on my long night shifts. Obsessed! Keep it up lovers! Fun Fact! On the FDA PINK SAUCE segment…Baby Formula is NOT regulated by the FDA. This baffles my mind as a NICU Nurse and most people don’t know this. But as many of us know, FDA regulation is often questionable at best…kind like this pink sauce moment xo cheers @nurse.tori_
7. All about Breaks/Sponsorships - There are more breaks and sponsorships then the actual Podcast. I get it that’s how y’all make money but both Laura and Manny have several forms of income (beauty brands, clothing store, YouTube,tiktok) and I think y’all should minimize the amount of sponsorships per episode.
Gals on the Go is a lifestyle podcast hosted by influencers and YouTubers Danielle Carolan and Brooke Miccio. Starting in 2018, this weekly podcast highlights conversations about friendship, navigating your 20’s + early adulthood, social media trends, relationships, family and so much more. Gals on the Go focuses on having real, raw, and honest conversations in an effort to “pull back the curtain” on what may look like perfect and glamorous lives on social media. STAY TUNED FOR NEW EPISODE...
Release date: 2023-03-15
1. Let her speak - I listen to this podcast and watch their videos religiously… but this week they hardly let Margo speak. I feel like she said words, and every other word was “like” which always drives me nuts. The podcast has been alive for too long to have an episode this quality sorry gals, still love you.
2. LOVE THE GALS - This is one of my favorite podcasts & I look forward to it coming out every week! Anytime I can watch the YouTube I love to stream it because I feel like I’m just hanging out with friends. The conversations are interesting & I love when they have guests because it’s always someone I’m excited to hear from & always learn something! Definitely give this pod a listen! Brooke & Danielle are such great friends, it’s really fun to listen to them.
3. Annoying - It has gotten to the point where the sound of Danielle’s voice alone makes my blood boil. Brooke may be close-minded and opinionated but at least she has an opinion. Danielle gets all of her thoughts directly from tik tok and simply re-phrases everything Brooke says to try and make it sound like an original thought. It’s infuriating. Also I counted ads in the most recent episode, and I didn’t even finish it. If you want to listen to two conceited “influencers” talk about how stressed they are about their week of blowouts and party’s and give the same life advice that can be heard on a Hannah Montana re-run, this is the podcast for you. News flash ladies, beginning your rant about how hard your privileged life is with “disclaimer I’m so grateful for my job.. but”, does not make it less out of touch. If the hardest thing you do in a day is get up at am to go to a spin class, your life is not hard. And for that reason, I’m out.
4. Out of touch beyond belief - In the most recent episode, there were ads. Let that sink in, ads in a podcast that was an hour and a half long. I used to enjoy these girls back in college when they were also in school and doing somewhat relatable things. As they have gotten older and lived in nyc they have gotten so out of touch it is painful to watch/listen to them. They have actively said they don’t read the podcast reviews because of negativity, but if they actually spent time to take a look they would get constructive criticism and improve. They are very clearly money hungry and incredibly materialistic. They consume, consume, consume and lack much self awareness. I don’t know if their managers read reviews but they better because turning a blind eye is causing them more problems. This podcast and these girls social media careers won’t last forever and I think they’re going to have a very hard time adjusting to “the real world”
5. It’s Giving ‘Unrelatable’ - I used to consume a lot of content from Brooke and Danielle, but over time I have gradually stopped watching their content on a regular basis. The main reason is the lack of relatability, the consumerism, and as many other reviews have indicated, their content being focused around nail appointments, blow outs, infrared sauna appointments, and other basic influencer things. It’s a very privileged lifestyle and it’s hard for me to willingly take in. Yes, it’s an enviable lifestyle, but I don’t want to support it by listening to their podcast. Please consider adding into your lives more philanthropy, volunteering, other activities (not a book club) that benefit others and ultimately yourself as opposed to product pushing.
6. Product platform? - Super excited since I love Match Made in Manhattan and was looking for another carefree podcast. As a nurse it’s nice to listen to something light, up beat or relatable outside of hard days. Well, mins in its all about products? I was hoping for Gals On the Go… I am confused mins in what I’ve listened to... Maybe I just picked a wrong episode?
7. Out of touch - I’ll be honest, listening to this podcast makes me feel bad about myself. Not just from a “I’m not in this tax bracket” way, but in a way that there is so much going on in the world and I’m spending my time listening to these girls talk about spending hundreds of dollars in a day and getting their news from Snapchat . I’m a young career woman who tries to balance a full time job, graduate school, self care on a budget and think critically about my consumption and community involvement. I used to enjoy listening to have this time to unplug but it has gotten so narcissistic and into a bubble of white womanhood that I just can’t anymore. Safe to say I’ve outgrown it - which is a good thing
8. followers grew up and want substance - When listeners are working harder than these two girls in their daily jobs and chores/ house upkeep, it becomes ridiculous as the time passes to listen to these girls talk about frivolous things they’ve done this past week. They take no criticism into account and as their followers grow up and become mature adults with increased responsibilities, their platforms will become more unbearable for those once loyal followers to listen to or respect.
Which night creams will make you look well-rested, is quitting coffee really worth the headache, can emptying your closet actually bring you joy, and wtf is a gratitude practice, anyway? These are the kinds of self-care questions that wellness enthusiasts and writers Kate Spencer and Doree Shafrir discuss each week, along with a special guest, as they explore what it means to be getting older — and hopefully wiser. Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
Release date: 2023-03-24
1. This podcast about self care is also self care. - I listen to it every night as the soundtrack to my wind down, get-ready-for-bed routine. Their voices are soothing and the content is comforting. There’s a good mix of discussion about current products on the market, interviews with professionals, and nostalgic journeys into the popular products market of the s-s! I love this podcast so much!
2. Used to love it - I used to love this pod so much and they truly got me through some difficult times AND helped me find joy in self care. That being said…
) I don’t mind the ads, though they can be annoying. I still just skip through )Doree is SO PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE AND CONDESCENDING! Her attitude didn’t used to be like this in the first year or two of the pod, but it’s become hard to listen to her reactions to Kate. And I wish Kate would call it out since I feel like they talk a lot about mental health and healthy communication? ) They don’t seem genuinely excited to chat about products anymore. Hearing ppl talk about products is my ASMR and part of why I subscribed, and I get that capitalism and materialism are not good for the planet and people. But then…maybe you aren’t two hosts who like to talk a lot about serums? Because it seems like (Doree especially) could care less. Which is fine, but maybe the focus should change then.
3. Ouch - I love the pod, but sometimes I cringe when I hear how sharply Doree speaks to Kate. Maybe I’m just sensitive, but on a recent episode Dor snapped at Kate and said, when discussing clutter in the home,”I just said I hated it!” In response to Kate asking a clarifying question. it made me wince and say “oh jeez” out loud.
4. It is time for patreon/subscription - I get it that the ads pay the bills. However, they are detracting from the pod and the spirit and messaging of the pod. There is a lot of chat on your pod about simplifying, cutting back, and getting away from all the consumerism but then the ads are just going against that ethos. And there are so.many.ads.
Also if someone is excited to listen to the pod, when they press play, instead of hearing the Forever jingle and our favorite hosts, we get five minutes of scripted ads that just don’t align with the pod message before even hearing the intro.
I’ll bet many are willing to support you via patreon for an ad-free experience. Please consider this!
5. Used to Love, Too Many Ads - I started listening years ago shortly after the pod launched and loved the pod! Some really interesting guests and loved the host banter. However, there are so many ads now (think full min at the beginning plus multiple other min ad breaks in every ep) that I’ve had to take it out of my rotation.
6. I have to admit I’m disappointed - I have been a listener from Day and often called this “my pod” to friends. I enjoyed the light hearted promotion of the idea of taking pride in self care, but it has all changed. There are three major things that have soured me of late: ) the intolerance of any political or social viewpoints than the hosts’ own… or their intolerance for any reviews that might not be favorable when they tout acceptance of all people and viewpoints ) the hosts seem so much under the heavy influence of advertisers and companies that send them free merchandise that they no longer share personal product experiences (thus contradicting their proclaimed “hatred” of capitalism) ) the increase of condescending comments and general lack of conversation by “ummmm… (laughter)” Doree I know people evolve, and I support listening to those with differing views to help form my own opinion, however when I do not feel the same respect of the hosts towards others with alternate viewpoints, it’s no longer bearable.
7. Sometimes exhausting... - Updated review - October : No wonder Kate always seems depressed and unable to get it together. The weight of systemic racism, capitalism, “the patriarchy,” the unending variety of PLANNERS…It must be truly crushing. Not to mention those nasty white cis men (the horror)…The increasingly lengthy ads they ask us to listen to because their sponsors can actually track the listens now…The empty intentions that are rarely fulfilled. Man, it’s getting old. It feels performative, though I think they are both genuine. I think Dori is actually too smart for this. In another life, it seems Dori would beg to differ with all of this; her cynicism shines through. I bought and enjoyed Dori’s book. This pod used to be better, and I continue listening because I hope it still can be. Is it possible to move on from all of this socio-political nonsense and talk about the fun stuff again?! — Old review: Still missing the time (before COVID-) when the pod was only two episodes per week. I have been listening for years and this is still one of my favorite podcasts, but three episodes per week is a lot. I also want to echo some of the other reviews about Kate and Doree's negative comments on the state of the world, and "capitalism" (the thing that makes this show possible), and "the patriarchy" (what is this though, really?) History is a great teacher, and I can't think of a better time in than right now to be a woman or a person in general. Nothing is perfect, but a little perspective would be nice. Sometimes I can't tell if their negativity is genuine or pandering to the audience, but whatever it is, sometimes it is just exhausting.
8. Gets me through my mornings - I look forward to this podcast and there are definitely times I wish it was published every day. I find it soothing. I can listen to it when I’m doing somewhat mindless tasks at work or home, yet it’s interesting enough that I feel like I learn a little something every time. Also some of these negative reviews…you need to maybe take a step back and look at your parasocial relationships. I’m not understanding the speculation on the hosts’ friendship whatsoever. Comments on politics …they have not hidden their views on that from the very beginning. Come on, Gen X writer/journalists living in LA?? What we’re you expecting. Anyway. Love the pod!
Consider Molly Sims and her best friend Emese Gormley your new girlfriends on speed dial for all your pressing beauty and wellness needs. Is Botox a good idea? Should you try that new diet you saw on the Today Show? Molly and Emese have your back. With guests ranging from top health and beauty experts to their industry friends, you’ll get the scoop on the latest trends, which products and procedures to try, and which to run from-- and they just might be doing it all with a drink in hand. Prepa...
Release date: 2023-03-21
1. Horrible audio! - Was so excited for LSD episode, but couldn’t get past the horrible audio. So disappointing. LSD rarely does podcasts and it was impossible to catch a few of her recs. I think effort was made to correct here and there, but it was inconsistent and really poor job was done. It completely took away from the convo.
2. Top tier - I love this podcast! I have been listening for a while now and while other podcasts soon fall off my list, this one is consistently awesome and stands above the rest. It’s pretty amazing how great these two are at interviewing and keeping a good conversation going. If only I had a bestie like Molly or Emese. So posh and pretty, but also down-to-earth and relatable. True stars!
3. Love this podcast! - Hi Molly, My sister mentioned this podcast to me in passing a few months ago and ever since I added it to my library, I have loved it! I am particularly interested in the health experts you have on. I find everyone and their findings so fascinating. I am curious if you’ve ever had someone on to speak about hydration/dehydration and how to properly replenish fluids in the body, especially for people who already drink a bountiful amount of water in day. If this already exists, please let me know the episode as I would love to hear it. I look forward to the next health topic! Thank you, Deidre aspiring health guru
4. Love, but please figure out your add breaks - This is a really fun podcast that makes me feel like I am talking to my girlfriend. That being said, the are SO many ad breaks and the quality of the sound is terrible. I understand the need for ads but being a podcast lover I know there is a better way. Could you please keep them just a couple’s places in the episode and figure out how to improve the quality of sound? Thanks for the great content!
5. Out of touch - After listening to this weeks Podcast, I felt the hosts and guests were out of touch and un-relatable to most people who listen. They call $ clothing pieces affordable. It’s like they’re always trying to brag about what designers they wear and one up each other on what brands they know and own. That’s just my take. Also, Molly mentions Macy’s a lot, who happen to be a sponsor. I don’t believe she actually shops there. That comes off unauthentic. Other than that, I like the Podcast when they talk beauty.
6. Molly - Let Your Guests Talk - I love this podcast but the hosts don’t let the guests talk! They are ON your podcast because you and your listeners want to hear what THEY have to say. I listened to the Stefanie Cove one today and Molly talked the whole time. They asked her several times for ideas and they literally only ever let her get to maybe before they chimed in and moved on.
7. Love this podcast - Okay I loveeeeee this podcast. But I just need to say that Molly repeats a lotttttt of what Emese says! Emese will say something and Molly repeats it to whoever they are interviewing and I just don’t understand it! I love them both but sometimes I wish Emese could speak without Molly repeating or talking over. And I need to say this again, I loveeeee this podcast.
8. I like the content but a few things.. - I love the content of this podcast and the hosts are so fun! I want to like it more but Molly will ask two/three questions at once and only let her guest answer one, and we don’t get to hear the other answers which is frustrating! Also the questions seem a little all over the place and the guests get cut off a lot by Molly bringing it back to herself, I get she maybe is trying to relate but at the end of the day it’s an interview!
Marianna Hewitt is a leading voice in social media with over 1 million followers and also the co-founder of skincare line, Summer Fridays. Each week on Life With Marianna, you’ll hear from her network of influencers, brand founders, and personalities to inspire YOU to live your best life.
Release date: 2023-03-21
1. Love this podcast! - I’ve been listening to Marianna’s podcast for a while now and I really enjoy her content! There are many episodes I have enjoyed but really liked the one with Lauren Chambers about how to balance your hormones, I took so many notes from that one. Thank you for bringing relatable content @karlarissaav
2. This podcast is so much more than Fashion & Beauty! - Life with Marianna is by far my favorite podcast, I’ve listened to every single episode since it launched! Some of my personal favorites include Doc Amen, Jen Atkin, Lauren of Summer Fridays and every single one of her solo episodes. I learn something new and feel so inspired after listening to each episode. Thank you, Marianna, for sharing all your wisdom on skincare/beauty, entrepreneurship and health wellness. I love learning from all the experts you bring on as well! My IG is @thesocialsuiteco — new business in the making ;)
3. My favorite one for self love - Going through a break up and during this difficult time I needed this podcast! I had a codependency attachment on my previous relationship and coming out of it was a struggle learning how to live myself again cause I forgot how. Thank you for this podcast and all the tips and practices @hoadivine
4. Meaningful, insightful listen. - An overall great listen of all things lifestyle while I drive or get things done! Marianna does an incredible job at covering a wide variety of topics ranging all the way from what falls under the mental health/wellness/self care/self love spectrum… to productivity, habit setting, personal style, skin care, career advice and so much more. Her calm demeanor and guests make the episodes enjoyable and valuable to her listeners. Highly recommend! @stefffw
5. Don’t sleep on this podcast!! - When I found the Life with Marianna I ended up bingeing all the episodes and walked away feeling motivated, inspired, and excited to try something new. From solo episodes (like the habits episode in Jan - ) to interviews with experts in the fashion (Remi Bader!!!), beauty, health, fitness and lifestyle industries there is SO much great content. Follow this podcast - Marianna never disappoints! My recommendation- start with the first episode of the year, but definitely scroll back to some of the past episodes!! - Rachel @rae.for.real
6. A Calming Insightful Conversations - I have started listening to the podcast toward the end of the year and have been easily hooked. I love how Marianna promotes things that she know works. After being a skeptic of Calm I decided to try it after listening to an episode and have loved the effects and can not live without it. While I didn’t think an episode about eating for seasons of your body would be for me. It was such an insightful episode that stayed with me throughout the month. @adventbookromance
7. babies changing the world! - It feels that I have followed Marianna since forever so having the opportunity to listen her points of view in her podcast is always a great thing. I love following people my own age and Marianna is such a inspiration! I believe our generation ( babies) is helping change this world in a positive way! My fav episode so far has been the last one with Dr. Molly Burrets. Self-care and self-love and a must specially in this times. Thanks for always bringing to ur podcast professionals to help and educate us. Much love!! Ig: @aidyog
8. The queen has spoken!! - I’ve loved Marianna for years and can say she never fails. This podcast is amazing. So relatable and easy to listen to!! My favorite one was her more recent episode on anxiety, I love hearing new perspectives on how to cope — always helps me. I also loved the one with Jaclyn Johnson, it’s always refreshing to hear advice on how to get to the pinnacle of your career @zoemjenkins
Nothing but the best guests and best talks! WELCOMETO LA PLATICA
Release date: 2023-03-13
1. The best duo! - I recently discovered la platica and this is my first review ever on a podcast. First off Sebas is so so authentic and genuine!!! I can honestly feel he is appreciative of his followers and how far he’s come in. And Josh this tall, vascular lol on a serious note Josh is so funny, caring, hardworking, I absolutely love how he talks about taking care of his mom and his energy is on another lever lol… you guys chemistry is bomb! I’ve been going thru a rough couple of weeks health wise recently… and I turn on la platica and it makes me forget my troubles at least for that moment I’m submerged in the podcast that I forgot everything. I just want to thank you for helping me and I look forward to every Monday! Please don’t think you are not making a difference in at least one persons life… because you have in mine. Muchas muchas gracias!!! Los quiero mucho!
2. BestPoddyEverrr - Absolutely in love with this podcast!! I love the energy you both have have me laughing while driving alone like a weird person lol just wish they were uploaded right at am or before I leave to work at am and honestly as I leave that’s the first thing I check if it’s uploaded and unfortunately never is so have to wait until my way home so I listen to an old one lol still love it !!! Best podcast In the world, I said it MaiBoy!!
3. Highly recommend! - I am obsessed with this podcast. Sebas and Josh give such a neutral and wise male perspective. I always recommend this podcast to my friends. I personally love when they read their followers questions and give great feedback. One of the very few male dominated podcasts that isn’t offensive to anyone. Very inclusive and love that they’re both Latino! Representation matters and they’re killing it
4. Worth Time To Listen too … - I just wanna say! I Love listening to La Platica on my way to work in the morning! I hopped on the train a little late! I don’t ever write reviews but I just have too because people gotta start listening! I started to listen to your podcast when I saw Karen post about it on her IG early last year! I got so into it I had to backtrack and listen to the very beginning! I just gotta say you are a natural at this thing! Listening to your podcast made me feel so relatable to you and Karen! Especially this latest episode about your mid to s I’m around there and many of the topics you guys brought up I was able to relate too! Made me see how I am not the only one who ever felt like this! So thank you! I wish you and Karen the best and happiness to come! I hope La Platica continues to prosper and grow! Keep it up you are doing great! Can’t wait to hear more! Thanks again! Sincerely, A Listener of La Platica!
5. FAVORITE podcast - I’m not really a podcast person but I love hearing this one!!! I am huge supporters of Karen and Sebas I love the talking and that you get to know them on a more personal level. It’s really entertaining and easy to binge the whole thing cleaning your house or out on a road trip.
6. Feels like hanging out with friends - I recently started listening to La Platica from the very beginning while redesigning my entire bedroom. It has made cleaning and organizing a task that use to be something I dread to something I now look forward to. Only issue, now I’m all caught up and don’t want to clean until the next episode comes out! Gracias Sebas y Karen por las pláticas that make me feel like I’m hanging out with friends during a time I’m feeling so far away from people.
After spending years dispensing bitchy fashion commentary on their viral Instagram account Every Outfit on Sex and the City, hosts Chelsea Fairless and Lauren Garroni realized that they have highly specific opinions about other things, too. Every Outfit is a weekly show born from our deeply unhealthy, lifelong obsession with fashion and popular culture. It’s like The View (but less geriatric) meets Fashion Police from two best friends who have spoken at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but have...
Release date: 2023-03-17
1. Ladies, keep giving us your real opinions. - I really enjoy listening to this podcast. Chelsea and Lauren truly have carved out pop culture and fashion commentary that can only be found on their podcast. Typically the topics they talk about are interesting to me and if they’re not I will just skip through the section. The two negative things I’ll mention is that I’ve noticed lately Chelsea sounds very short with Lauren. She questions, corrects, or makes fun of Lauren’s comments. I understand that they’re both deadpan humor (and I love that type of humor), but Chelsea takes it a little far. Also they’re a little afraid to give their true opinion on cultural topics if it doesn’t align with the very online opinion. I understand you don’t want to get canceled, but you don’t have to add “it’s problematic” or tip toe around your real opinion. Overall it’s a great podcast and one I look forward to every week. I love the topics they talk about. Thank you Chelsea and Lauren for making a podcast that talks about all niche pop culture interests!
2. No ifs, ands or Butts - my favorite podcast! - The way that Chelsea describes a cozy show as being swaddled in a soothing cashmere blanket that blocks out the world’s stresses is how I feel about this podcast. I save it as a treat for myself because I love it so much. It really adds sunshine to my day — it’s honestly just music to my ears. (But why am I so confused and I only ever see show notes from a year ago? Where are those posted??)
3. Lauren is getting annoying - Why do I know that Lauren is pounds? Because she saw fit to tell us. (Crickets from Chelsea when Lauren did that because how do you respond to such an egoic brag about being an underweight adult to a likely American audience who generally have body issues?) I’m glad the Nicole Kidman jumpsuit is cut to her petite body size and she’s the only one can fit it (sarcasm). Her derisive tone when talking about Harry and Meghan isn’t necessary. All of this was bothering me, so I decided to write a review. Please bring less ego to . Chelsea rocks.
4. The best. - The feeling of pressing “play” when a new episode comes out is like arriving at a cocktail bar and joining a table with your best girlfriends, ready to enjoy a night of good, intelligent, and fun conversation, cosmos in hand. I have been listening since episode , and I opened a Patreon account just so I could listen to Every Outfit. I know absolutely nothing about fashion, but I can listen to Chelsea and Lauren talk about it all day long. I love their SATC recap episodes and I LOVE their takes on popular films and shows. And I have to say, the Balenciaga discussions were chef’s kiss. Chelsea saying, “Lauren, whatever happened to fun?” replays in my mind again and again.
5. My Emotional Support Podcast - I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this week’s episode had uploaded before I was about to go into Trader Joe’s. Feels like I’m among friends whenever I listen. The balenciaga episode was so good, I recommended it to everyone I knew who would remotely care about niche fashion scandals. And the satc recap episodes keep me going in the harsh, cold world. Never stop podcasting, thanks!
6. Listen to it, okay - I love this podcast. I love it so much, I had to write a review. The hosts are so much fun to listen to, it almost feels like you’re actually a part of the conversation. I love the SATC episodes, but have stayed mostly for the wide variety of fashion and entertainment discussions that come every week. The Patreon movie recaps are % worth it, not to mention all sorts of bonus content. Love you guys!
7. Not entertaining - I only really somewhat enjoy this show when they talk about SATC episodes. In every show I’ve listened to so far, you will hear Lauren voice her opinion and the Chelsea disagreeing and Lauren just being like ok. Awkward. Sounds like two entitled girls battling it out. And Lauren saying inflation in “Biden’s America !” when there’s a global inflation happening is just like stop trying to be political and talk about SATC AJLT or fashion, movies, whatever. Need to find another podcast for SATC.
8. Look forward to this every week! - Love this show! Maybe because I tend to have the same takes as Lauren (shout out to women who inexplicably watch Entourage! Sometimes you just want to hang with Vinny and the boys) and am drawn to decisiveness (Chelsea), I always look forward to hearing their takes on fashion, movies, culture and of course SATC. Also, despite not really being interested in the Kardashians, I don’t mind the segment!
The Business of Fashion has gained a global following as an essential daily resource for fashion creatives, executives and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It is frequently described as “indispensable,” “required reading” and “an addiction.” Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
Release date: 2023-03-17
1. About the Queen segment - I love how y’all respect the past Queen of England and all but y’all make it look like she was against slavery and all. She was involved and y’all didn’t even bother touching that and that’s what touching about it all because there’s a lot of young kid out here believing she’s an actual Hero
2. Surprisingly Intelligent and entertaining. - Zac Posen’s interview was my introduction to this surprisingly intelligent and highly informative podcast. I’ve learned so much about the challenges of creative people having to navigate the politics involved in the fashion industry and the challenges of making real money beyond the fashion show (which I’ve learned was not particularly lucrative). I am so sad to learn about Posen’s company folding yet he proves to be an abundant wealth of knowledge about creating and producing one’s imagination onto the public and all of the challenges that go with it. In other episodes, I’ve learned about the importance of sustainability in clothing production and the surprising amount of fraud that happens with the illusions of “sale prices” in the industry, among other practices that impact the consumer more than I ever realized. Great business course, as well. Highly recommend.
3. Learn and Grow - I started listening last week, it’s great. I’m eager to hear more…just VERY disappointed to learn that you have collaborated with Alok Vaid-Menon, when there’s absolute proof of his troubling views. I don’t have social media and even I am aware of his disturbing comments. Please do better, look into him, and dis-associate yourself.
4. No Fashion, Just India Politics - Come on, guys, this is Business of Fashion, there are so many platforms to advocate the political views, and yet I’ve just listened to minutes of India political situation!If I’ve received a dollar for every time Ms.Ayyub said “Modi”, it would not cover up for the value of time wasted. So disappointed
5. So much goodness! - The entire BOF team does an excellent job encapsulating every guests knowledge and experience to provide listeners with an awesome interview! Engaging, inspiring, and educational are just a few of the words I'd use to describe the time you'll spend with them. Give it a listen - I promise you won't be disappointed!
6. Great Guests - I absolutely love this podcast, but I noticed that it is a bit difficult to hear the guests speaking. The volume difference between Imram is quite different and I’m hoping you can address this in sound editing or the recording! Otherwise this is a MUST subscription for anyone interested in fashion.
7. Wrap-up - I usually only tune in for the season wrap ups to hear what Tim Blanks has to say. Though Imran obviously knows a lot, the conversations would be more easier to listen to if he confined himself to interviewing Tim rather than speaking with him as an equal. Their sensibilities are so painfully different and Tim is so much more sophisticated that it’s a little painful to hear Imran speaking to him as an equal.
8. Needs improvement - The content is interesting but sometimes they will talk about a topic, a person, a thing, or whatever as if the listener already know what/who that thing or person is. It gets pretty frustrating to listen during these moments. Also the sound quality is really bad, especially for me because I listen to podcasts in my car while going to and from work
Beauty journalists (and friends!) Jessica Matlin and Jennifer Sullivan bring you the big, juicy world of beauty twice a week. On Wednesdays, they share their insider access to the industry, discuss news and culture through the lens of beauty, and talk about their beauty adventures as well as their favorite fragrances, skincare, and makeup. On Fridays, they interview their favorite people in the business, including celebrities, makeup artists, perfumers, dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and more...
Release date: 2023-03-17
1. These two are knowledgeable and so fun - I’m a relatively newbie to FM- like ish months. I’m surprised by some of the negative reviews. I have listened - and stopped listening- to other pods bc the hosts were SOOO judgy. I don’t get that at all from these two. I love listening to them and all their beauty stuff they do and the openings/launches/shows they go to. This suburban girl is living for their exciting NY lives and discussions of some of the same beauty issues I’m going thru as a late s mom. I know they are a beauty pod - would love to hear them talk about their overall style as well. Love u J & J!!!
2. Love you, FM ladies! - I discovered the FM podcast during the early days of the pandemic, and I would do my daily run listening to your beauty news and interviews and felt connected to a great community of beauty enthusiasts during a time when we needed to feel hopeful that we would get to the other side of the crisis with somewhere to wear lipstick and to care for ourselves and our loved ones, and to make wellness an essential priority. I continue to listen every week on my commute, and I take copious notes on products and brands, but I also tune in to feel that sense of community and celebration of wellness, health and beauty. Long live, FM!
3. Used to love it - This show really stood out to me before because the hosts did a great job of featuring diverse guests, highlighting fun beauty topics, and offering solid product recommendations, but things have gone downhill. Recently they had Venus Williams as a guest. Venus spoke about essentially starving herself at “wellness” spas (no problem), but then bashed Kim Kardashian for starving herself to fit into her Met Gala dress. The breaking point for me was the most recent episode featuring a plastic surgeon who basically caterers to rich, thin, white women who need to get rid of their slightly wide calves and ankles. “I can starve myself as much as I want…” was mentioned in the first minutes of the show. I don’t know what happened but I can’t listen anymore.
4. What I’ve always wanted!! - I have finally found the perfect beauty podcast! Jen and Jess are knowledgeable, funny, and know all the ins and outs and everything you’d want to know about anything beauty related! They also listen to their listeners- THANK YOU!! Amazing ladies with an amazing podcast!
5. So annoying - Every time Jess & Jen interview someone, both of them literally talk over the guest (cutting them off) every single time! It’s so annoying. Also they have a very condescending tone whenever they engage. As a long time listener, I’m becoming more aware of just how much these two hosts are very unlikable. I’m over this podcast.
6. Used to Love! - I stopped listening to Fat Mascara for a few months because I had lost interest in the episode topics / found other beauty podcasts. Plus I feel like Jen (since this is her full time job) cares a lot about the topics and Jess could care less. She always sounds so uninterested and bored. Started listening again today and Jess now is nitpicking the “Science Corner” music that Jen picked out. Huge eye roll.
7. women bickering with each other about who is greener - We have, as a society, hit a new low. On a podcast purportedly about beauty, we instead get a presentation about trash and garbage and which of the OCD hosts is the more dedicated recycler. Our world today is lacking in beauty, glamor and grace. A beauty podcast should elevate the listener, instruct on how to bring beauty into their lives, educate on proper skin, hair, fragrance and makeup to enhance their natural beauty and reduce harm from environmental stresses and other things that affect the health and appearance. Instead, this podcast will add to your stress. There was precious little product news and it seemed insincere and not supportive of the products.
8. Jess and Jen are a breath of fresh air! - Both women are lovely to listen to, they get real without being whiny, just enough personal content to engage you with each of them while they deliver relevant and timely beauty news. They are a great team when interviewing their many interesting and fun guests. Love their pod!
Real scientists answer your beauty questions
Release date: 2023-03-18
1. Hairstylist gold mine - Found this podcast a week ago after doing a deep dive on specific ingredients, I’ve listened to episodes in a week! It’s hard to sift through so much biased information on cosmetic products. It’s exhausting to try to decipher marketing schemes and weasely claims. So this podcast is MUCH appreciated as a hairstylist, it has helped me understand ingredient lists that are so frustrating to read and memorize. You guys have really done an amazing job at educating. I will say some of the earlier episodes were pretty cringe in dialogue but now much better with Valerie. Love the dorky jokes and hearing stories about all the kitties. Thanks for clearing up so many myths and breaking things down, it’s much needed.
2. Thank you so much for helping me be a better cosmetologist - Your podcast has helped me so much in my career. I’ve been working in the industry in the beauty consultant world and your podcast has helped me understand products, why people should or shouldn’t use them and I appreciate that you guys help me develop better vocabulary when educating others. I feel as a licensed cosmetologist my duty is to educate not sell. So you guys really help with that. Keep doing what your doing :) Trisha.
3. Mansplaining - Second update: Apparently this is a show about abandoning animals and whining when you can’t shirk your responsibilities because you want a vacation. Perry seems to think people are mean because the don’t have space in their overcrowded, underfunded shelters for him to just abandon the kittens he took in and couldn’t be bothered to plan ahead and find a sitter for. Also ps Perry: city shelters are kill shelters. They try to find adopters, but % of abandoned animals are euthanized each year because people like you are irresponsible and feel animals are just an accessory you can throw in a cardboard box when you’re feeling inconvenienced. Also Valerie: abandoning a cat for five days is actually neglect and animal abuse. Would you abandon a child that long? I’ve loved this podcast for years but much like I can’t tolerate fear marketing, I also can’t tolerate the blatant promotion of entitlement and animal abuse. Unsubscribe. Update: the show is SO MUCH BETTER with Valerie over that other guy. Perry is still a little condescending to products he doesn’t use, but Valerie often calls him out. Also, Perry seems to know nothing about cruelty free other than what PETA has told him. Real cruelty free consumers NEVER follow PETA. PETA is an exploitative corporation that kills more animals than it rescues. No real animal advocate would take their word for anything. It’s only celebrities who want followers and people wanting to make vegans and cruelty free consumers look bad who pay them any real attention. Look at Leaping Bunny standards of you want real information and not a tabloid propaganda of cruelty free culture. I like the basic content of the show, but up until a couple months ago when they finally added a female host, it seems to have been two men speaking condescendingly at the people who actually use these products. The format seems to have changed since they finally had the brains (pun intended) to bring a woman on board, because it’s difficult to sit and listen to a sausage fest explanation of cosmetics the hosts would never use.
4. My new bffs! - Love perry and valerie! I found this podcast a week ago and have listened to episodes. I really like the chit chat in the beginning that they do and love their friendship. Learned so much too! Thinking about becoming a patron so i can ask questions… oh i also love the news and recall sections - i havent seen any other chemist influencers that do that
5. Been listening for years! - It’s so refreshing to listen to cosmetic chemists instead of cosmetic marketers! I’ve worked in the beauty industry before the rise of “clean” beauty and witnessed the degradation of product quality as the market gets saturated with product without effective preservatives and other useful synthetics. I love makeup, I love skincare products. The knowledge I get from this show helps me spend money more effectively and help me guide my clients to choose the best products for them. Their books are great too!
6. Good content, uneven audio volumes - Great content (I fast forward past the conversations at the beginning of the show). Unfortunately Perry and Valerie don’t come through at the same volume, which is really distracting and unpleasant to listen to. Better mixing please. At least Perry doesn’t seem to be interrupting Valerie as much recently.
7. stars all around - Valerie and Perry are a wholesome duo that are obviously knowledgeable experts that answer listener questions and chat about what’s in the news related to beauty. They are as non-biased as it gets and they’ve opened my eyes to the manipulative world of marketing. I’ve learned so much that I’ve applied to my skin and hair care routines - they’ve saved me money and have made me a more wise and suspicious consumer. They bust common myths (think parabens and other fear-mongered ingredients) with actual research and science. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Currently bingeing all their episodes, but I must say I much prefer the shows that have Valerie vs Randy as Perry’s co-host. Randy picked on Perry too much to the point of it degrading the quality of the show’s content and it’s enjoyable-ness.
8. Pulling back the curtain - I am so grateful for this podcast as it provides an accessible yet scientific account of the beauty industry. The explanations of effective products versus marketing and hype helps me become a more conscious consumer. This podcast is a refreshing antidote to misinformation and false advertising — good for my self-esteem and my wallet! Thank you!
Two grown dirtbags just tryna navigate the male zeitgeist. If you have any money you want to give us or any constructive criticism you'd like us to 360 degree tomahawk slam dunk into the trash can please email us: email@example.com. For more Throwing Fits check us out on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/throwingfits
Release date: 2023-03-22
1. Taste Levels - Jimmy and Larry are very entertaining to say the least and pull some great guests. I listen because I enjoy the “jawnz enthusiasts” topics they discuss from a New Yorker point of view. Reasoning for the / is because of the holier than thou persona you see so often in fashion bros. Jimmy and Larry sadly aren’t exempt from this. They trash other people/brands that don’t align with their mood boards, ideas or interests. This idea is pushed on their audience and their patreon fan boys follow suit. This trend is so common in fashion and is tiresome. Overall a good listen.
2. DO YOU SUFFER FROM MESOTHELIOMA? - Might as well get a fit off while you still can, right? Ask your doctor if Throwing Fits is right for you!! [side effects may include long intros, bottom up fit checks, shorter shorts, an influx of collabs, credit card debt, an SSENSE dependence, and a lingering sense that no one truly understands you]
3. I use an entire oz bottle of astroglide EVERY. TIME. I. LISTEN. - Do clothes make the man? Do your clackers still clack if no one is around to hear them? Deep questions, shallow ones, and all kinds of queries of varying strokes and angles do Larry “Low t” Flossyman and James “stoic perineum” Highres posit and ponder. Truly a fashion podcast for the sycophantic, moderately brain damaged, reg dude, hypeman, female identifying freakazoid, smol kings, large jesters and husky boi alike. One question remains tho… Do I buy jewelry that is designed well but impersonal or wait for a milestone in life / cool trip somewhere and get something as a reminder? I’m thinking more like a ring or bracelet not a watch btw.
4. The Boys are Doing it Big - Whats up guys, thank you for the years of entertainment. Love being apart of this community. Is there any alternate media ventures in the works? Show on a streaming service? Fashion Bros .? Parts Unknown but for mens fashion? Let the boys in . Also cool the jets with the fly over state slander. Less in rent means bigger fits thanks guys
Get ready with us! We’re Jill and Carlene, two longtime beauty editors who have seen it all and swatched it all, and now we’re here to tell you what’s good. Whether you’re searching for the latest insider-fave foundation, building a gimmick-free skincare routine, or interested in exploring culture through a beauty lens, tune in every Wednesday for epic guests like Makeup By Mario, Dr. Pimple Popper and Jonathan Van Ness (say what?!) Plus, don’t miss our monthly #DamnGood reviews of tre...
Release date: 2023-03-22
1. Love! - I love this podcast. I’m a year old mom who has been obsessed with all things beauty related since I was a teenager. This podcast is so informative. I have found so many great products that I recommend to others. I’m that person that other women call when they need a mascara or moisturizer recommendation because I’ve bought them all. Thank you for an enjoyable and informative podcast!!!
2. Best of the best - This is my favorite podcast BY FAR. Jill and Carlene are incredibly professional and talented. They also have great voices and terrific personalities. They choose wonderful topics, have amazing guests, and always keep a great conversation going. If you love skincare and beauty, make this podcast part of your life!
3. Breaking Beauty Podcast Must Listen! - Hey Carlene and Jill!! I’m a Cynthia so I had to accept the challenge to write a review for one of my FAVORITE podcasts!! I found this podcast in when I had more time to listen to podcasts. I look forward to listening each Wednesday and whenever Jill and Carlene do bonus episodes! If you love all things beauty this podcast is one for you! These ladies know the market, give great advice and suggestions at all price points. I have found some great products based on listening and saved money because I trust their opinions! I also love all of their social platforms, their energy, their honesty and being willing to share industry knowledge with the everyday woman! Do yourself a favor and subscribe.
4. Learned things that changed my skin! - I listen to this podcast pretty regularly and had to write a review because I’ve realized half the products I use, I learned about from this podcast. My skin has changed after using the advice they get from their skincare guests (like when to exfoliate and use retinol) and I have way less breakouts and more even-ness. Kinda like a dermatologist in my pocket. Thanks for what you do, ladies!
5. From a Jill :) - I usually don’t write reviews but since you asked…
This is the only beauty focused podcast that I consistently come back to. Jill and Carlene have the credibility and background to attract great guests and I ALWAYS learn something. They’ve influenced me to try a lot of new things that have become regular staples…Beauty Pie products, Armani foundation, Augustinus Bader…to name a few.
6. Supergoop sunscreen misinformation - By listening to the one of the recent Podcasts ( ep. ) I realized that the main purpose of this one is promoting and advertising. After listening times to the Supergoop founder episode I went ahead and purchased a few product thinking I finally found a product that I would use happily every day including my , and year old children since Mrs. Thaggard claims that is very safe for children. Then I started digging in some medical studies and found out that there is no such a thing as clean chemical and that zinc used for children safe sunscreen is not made in lab but used in the lab to produce zinc mineral sunscreen for kids. Supergoop sunscreen though has exact same active components as other non zinc popular sunscreens with the only difference that Supergoop has half of the Homosalate ( % vs %) and exact same amount of Avobenzone, Octisalate and Octocrylene that when exposed to sunlight brake down and release free radicals that can potentially cause some kind of cancers other than skin cancer. For that exact reason those kind of sunscreens are banned in most of the European countries. I’m conclusion I want to admit that indeed supergoop from esthetic point of view has extraordinary feel, unlike any sunscreen but in terms of health concerns is not any better than what we already have on the market for half of its price! Bb
7. Huge fan! - I love love love this podcast! Jill and Carlene are incredibly knowledgeable on the beauty industry and give real advice and feedback on the best products to try. I love all the different types of episodes from the interviews with creators to the glow down episodes. I’ve purchased some of their top shelf products and have loved all of them. Many will now be constants in my beauty routine, including the bum bum cream and Tatcha’s silk liquid primer!
8. Beauty is a feeling - Listening to this podcast has really helped me get thru the pandemic. As a healthcare worker I want to listen to something fun and informative. This podcast has had a diverse group of guests and they talk about expensive brands to drugstore brands. I have tried some of their recommendations and I have not been disappointed. Continue to do what you do best and spread the love through beauty!
9. It would have been a / BUT… - These ladies are so lovely. The only drawback to listening to this show is that they do not pronounce words right, and this will happen more than you think. They pronounce Tati Westbrook’s first name wrong, Eczema has been pronounced wrong, and the brand Amika is pronounced wrong. It takes me so long to realize what these ladies are speaking about half the time, because they mispronounce so many things. I wanted to find another beauty podcast because i love fat mascara, and this podcast truly would be so great if they would take the time to learn how to pronounce things!
Fashion's Only Fashion Show. Hosted by designer, Recho Omondi.
Release date: 2023-03-15
1. The only podcast I listen to - I have never seen an interviewer style like Omindi’s. It’s fresh, real, and direct. The conversation is always intimate and you feel this sense of openness and respect between Omondi and the people she Interviews. She always asks questions that evoke a story from the interviewee and I ALWAYS take something away from these stories. I am a black creative and Omondi teaches me to be fearless through my conquest. I am really thankful for this podcast and I pray it sticks around for a very long time.
2. I want to listen so bad - I had to stop bc of the sound issues. The undulating high pitch sounds/crashing symbols during crucial parts of interviews makes me very aggravated and sad. Not only are they not sensory friendly, but they’re too loud and really distract from the person talking under it.
It doesn’t add anything to the significance of specific parts of the episode-intense sounds and music, that is. We can infer which parts we should be listening to more closely or ones you are trying to emphasize. The emotional reaction will come regardless of background sounds. You can also hear the insides of everyone’s mouths. Pleeeease read these reviews of ppl saying the same. I really, really want to be able to listen and support.
3. Cutting Room Floor - This is my favorite podcast. A truly in depth dive into very specific discussions on major components of the fashion business. Amazing range of guests who’ve all impacted the industry. It’s packed with riches of information while also easy to digest. Makes for top tier intellectual stimulation for industry insiders and fashion fans alike. Offers a beautiful mix of creativity and business energy that is truly inspiring! Get your note pads out. There’s things you’ll want to jot down. Eloquently spoken and great delivery every time.
4. I’m two episodes in and have already learned so much. - Came after listening to the Celebrity Memoir Book Club episode of Leandra’s book, and felt that Recho’s interview gave a lot of important perspective. The patience this team exhibited was astounding, especially after being asked to record the same interview three times, and allowing Leandra to review the podcast before publication. I was totally shocked to see so many negative reviews considering all of that, and think it’s incredibly unfair that the whole show has been penalized because some listeners had a problem with one interview. Recho and team, thank you so much for your work and insight into the world of fashion - I’m a fan.
5. Too Snarky - The host is knowledgeable and seems to enjoy the subject. However there's a level of snark and shot throwing that is unnecessary. It sounds like she is still trying to prove herself when she's already there. The anti-Semitic word choices she used is unfortunate (and debatable because of the realness of white supremacy) but it would be nice if she just owned the fact that she was an expert in the field and didn't feel the need to insult people to prove her expertise.
6. Amazingly Informative - An amazing look into the industry and the players in it. This is everything I did not learn in school. The host’s ability to give a compelling interview wile simultaneously being able to extract useful information from her guests is what keeps me coming back. I need a pen and paper every time I sit down to listen.
7. LISTEN COMPREHENSIVELY - This is an insightful podcast that sheds light on today’s disparities in not only the world of fashion, but also illuminating how negatively the fashion world has treated Black persons. Recho is doing great work and speaking for those who haven’t gotten their chance to say anything thanks to an old guard structure deeply embedded in systemic racism [yes, it exists!].
8. Amazing with one caveat - This is a wonderful podcast discussing important topics. I am grateful to the host both for creating this and doing this vital work. However, and I hate to say this, but the host’s mouth sounds / noises are distracting — it sounds like noises one would make with dry mouth, and it takes the listener’s attention away from the subject matter. Maybe some water or some dry mouth medications would help? I struggle with dry mouth so this is truly coming from a place of trying to help, not hurt.
9. Your reviews are LAME - This podcast is truly the only voice in fashion delivering quality unbiased feedback on an industry that historically caters to its own agenda… If your feelings were hurt by THAT interview. Get over it honestly. And if you want her sound to be better, support her and donate or subscribe to her private channel. Support QUALITY CONVERSATION.
Unfiltered talk about beauty trends, selfcare journeys, skincare, wellness tips and the products we love, hosted by Brooke DeVard Ozaydinli, with the women I admire. Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
Release date: 2023-03-13
1. YES GAWD!!! - I’m so JELLY, I lived in south Turkey about years ago and it literally became my favorite country EVER… I miss it so so much but until I get back there, I’m loving it still through you & the fam !!! still loving the show! Ooooooh, I love love love thissssss podcast!!! and if you don’t feel beautiful, rejuvenated and smarter about the body, then hit that replay button!!! Thanks for such a wonderful podcast lady!
2. Beyond basic beauty! - I love this podcast! I started listening last year sometime because I enjoyed honest conversations about beauty and wanted to start taking my skincare more seriously. I got that, but I continue to get so much more. I hear perspectives that differ from my own and ideas that contribute to my ongoing education of what beauty actually is in contrast with what we have been taught by schools, media, etc. I often do my self-care routine while listening and I’m grateful for each takeaway, and what each guest answers to the question “when do you feel most beautiful?”
3. The Brad Pitt and Travis Barker Ep - This episode was so insightful. It was great to get a straight guy’s perspective. I think the brand story is missing from a lot of these celeb beauty brands. Like owning a vineyard and tapping into the grape narrative tells us nothing about why you want to enter skincare. . I wasn’t so surprised by Travis cause I’ve at least seen him discuss wellness and things that’s are adjacent to beauty/skin. Still unnecessary but i was less perturbed. Also a celeb beauty brand that doesn’t feel like a celeb beauty brand is rose inc. I never associate Rosie with it. It’s interesting how she’s been able to to give it a life of its own. Lastly, I’m glad Brad credited HipHop and Black people with regard to making oneself a brand and having different ventures. The blueprint as always.
4. Love, love - If you’re looking for a fun, informative, curious and honest podcast about skin care/make up, then this is it. Hard stop. Her recognizing the impact the current political activities have on our mental health and providing tips to help us prioritize easy self care is lovely. It’s a treat!
5. Self Care in Dark Times - This episode was so timely. True beauty encompasses more than great skin it starts with a healthy positive mind & body. Great job incorporating all three. I love the tip of watching a TV show or movie with a friend. I’m late to the party but finally watching The Crown with my sister. It’s my favorite time of the week.
6. Loved the episode on lipo - Your episode on Liposuction was everything! I’m going to be getting micro body contouring liposuction in a few weeks so it was great to listen to someone who I feel like I relate to, and has undergone the procedure that I’m getting, and in the exact same areas of my body as well. It gives me some comfort because the journey to doing lipo is confusing and scary. Her struggles with body image perception is what really resonated with me because it’s the same reason I was drawn to liposuction. My plastic surgeon strongly advised I get anesthesia which I was reluctant to do but ultimately agreed to & I’m so glad I did because after hearing her experience I finally understand what they meant by it being horrific to be awake for. But I really appreciate this episode because there’s not a lot of people who are willing to talk about this experience so publicly, so it’s harder for someone who is interested in getting lipo to hear real life testimonials that don’t feel like advertisement.
7. Love this podcast! - I found Brooke through the True Beauty Brooklyn podcast and have really come to love Naked Beauty. Her take is so open and refreshing and you can tell how much work goes into curating the guests, exceptional interviewing skills and production quality to create an overall highly informative and entertaining podcast. Have found some new products, brands, and founders I admire. Thanks Brooke!
8. The only beauty podcast - This is the only beauty podcast. Been listening since the dawn of the pandemic, and this has brought me through lol. Brooke is so knowledgeable and thoughtful- she and her guests have taught me so much. They talk not a only about beauty, but also career, adversity, business, equity, values, etc!! I tell anyone I can to give this podcast a listen.
9. A Lifetime Fan - I absolutely love listening to this podcast! I share some of the recommendations I hear on this platform with my mother, sisters and friends because I’m truly educated on so many products and techniques. If Brooke recommends it - I'm probably going to try it. Lol. I’ve been introduced to so many beautiful entrepreneurs such as Hannah Bronfman and Maya Alenna. I’ve been introduced to so many other wonderful beauty influencers. Listening to this podcast is part of my self care and wellness higher learning thank you beautiful for holding space with us.
Welcome to Confessions by Anastazia. Known for her TikToks, Anastazia is a content creator, influencer and self care junkie. In each episode Anastazia dives into topics of wellness, personal growth, health, relationships, pop culture and more. Giving you all her tips and tricks on how to navigate life. Subscribe to hear new episodes each week.
Release date: 2023-03-13
1. Big sis energy! - Such a soothing voice and everything she says comes out so effortlessly. Podcasting suits her vibe so well and you can just tell she is so genuine and passionate about spreading tips for self love and care to us who really need to hear it. Just wish it was a wee bit longer. Always left wanting more!
2. I love this podcast - @kariiinaax - @kariiinaax on instagram, I love confessions by Anastazia! This podcast is very motivating and relatable. I feel inspired after listening to just the first podcast. I really recommend this especially if your working on self improvement! Everyone deserves a break. So when I’m relaxing in any way, I’ll definitely keep this podcast on :)
3. Loving this side of you Staz!!! - Your tiktok's are great but I love this side of you! It totally feels like a conversation with a sister or best friend (better, honestly!). I can just tell you are a sweet, positive, and warm soul. I love your content, thank you for creating it!!! You are a light in this world and I’m so thankful for you
4. Absolutely amazing - I fell in love with Anastazia’s energy and wisdom through her TikTok! She is so comforting, inspiring and uplifting! Her podcast is so incredible and I know each episode will just continue to deliver! What she shares is so important for all women to learn about health, wellness, well-being, self care, self love and love
5. i’ve never been more excited for a podcast!!! - stazzy has always been someone I looked up to, and I couldn’t be more excited to hear her advice and tips for self care and life in general!! her voice is so soothing, making this the perfect podcast to listen to while cleaning, driving to work, going on a hot girl walk etc. watching her tiktoks has literally inspired me to become more organized and disciplined when it comes to self care and working out and just overall being a better human, I can not WAIT to hear what she has to say now that she has another platform. i’m so excited to hear more!!
A podcast by an esthetician, for estheticians + skincare geeks. Hi, I'm Tess! An ex-corporate employee turned licensed skin expert and virtual esthetician. Now I'm here to share in how I made beauty my business, and everything that comes along the way!
Release date: 2023-03-03
1. Tess is the BEST - This podcast is amazing!! Tess is so knowledgeable and is passionate for what she does! I started listening to this podcast when I started estie school and it has helped me so much! I literally listen to an episode on my way to school and back. She touches on many helpful topics and makes it fun & enjoyable! On top of that she is such a genuine and kind soul!! Absolutely Love her! If you’re an esthetician, a student or even a skin enthusiast, this is the podcast for you!
2. THE Best Of The Best - Hey, practicing Esthetician here. I started listening to Tessa’s podcast way back when I was attending Esthetician school in -. I would listen to her episodes on my rides to and from school. I learned x’s more from listening to her podcast than I did in school & I STILL continue learning from her to this day. Not only is Tess a wealth of knowledge, but she is genuine in everything she does from her pod, to her skincare company, to interacting with her audience. She is a figure to follow if you’re in this industry…or even if you’re just interested. I just cannot recommend enough & I can’t believe I’m just now writing this review. LISTEN TO THIS POD YOU WON’T REGRET IT!
3. Exam Study - Hi Ladies! I was wondering if maybe you can do an episode on going over facts for beginner estheticians in regards to state board. Prepping for state board. I graduated from the esthetician program but right when I did Covid struck and it’s been years. Having to teach myself everything has been challenging. Would really appreciate an episode! Thank you ladies!!
4. The best resource for new estheticians - I have learned so much from Tessa! She is an amazing resource and all topics, tips and tricks are in the table. She’ll never gatekeeper information. I am without a doubt, a better esthetician and business owner due to this podcast! Thank you Tessa! I adore you!
5. Love this podcast! - Been following Tessa since I decided to go to esthetics school and absolutely love the education she provides. I trust what she says so much! Love the guests she has had on ad well. My favorite podcast to listen to while driving to and setting up for work. If you are an esthetician or are interested in skin you have to listen!!
6. Love this Podcast!! - I am religiously tuned in to Tessa’s Podcast!! I don’t play about Tuesdays!! As a new established esthetician just starting out, listening to this show has given me lots of banking and confidence to not only perform but to become authentically true to my personal professional journey!! Thank you Tessa for being such an amazing being
7. Great podcast for Estheticians! - I’m an Esthetician of years and learn something new every time I listen to Tessa’s podcasts! She is so knowledgeable and has a variety of guests on here. I recommend all estheticians listen to her podcasts because you’ll be shocked some of the things you will learn! I look forward to hearing an episode every Tuesday. Thank you for this amazing podcast Tessa!
8. My All-Time Favorite Esty Podcast! - I cannot begin to explain how much this podcast has helped me grow as an esthetician! I learn something new with every single episode and am always excited for the next. Tessa and her guests share SO much valuable knowledge, perspective, and wisdom. I’m truly grateful to have this podcast as a resource!
9. Weekly listener - Long time listener here!! Can’t tell you enough how much I enjoy these weekly podcasts. I learn something new every single week. If you’re a newer esthi and you need someone in the industry to help guide you down the right path Tessa and her podcast will definitely help set up your business for success I know she’s helped me in a lot of ways as far as education and advice. - much love, @beauty_cocktialss
Co-hosts and longtime beauty journalists Kirbie Johnson and Sara Tan give their perspective on all things makeup, skincare, and wellness at the intersection of pop culture and entertainment. Experts in the field and friends IRL, they pull back the curtain on trends, treatments and popular products. Tuesday episodes reveal their favorite products of the moment and the most notable beauty headlines while Friday episodes feature guests from experts in the industry to celebrity spokespeople, includi...
Release date: 2023-03-21
1. Love Kirbie and Sara - This is literally my favorite podcast and absolutely the best podcast in beauty. Feels like listening to your beauty insider besties. I was a newbie to the beauty industry and started subscribing to every beauty podcast and publication to soak up all the info I could. Over a year later Gloss Angles is the one I most look forward to. The guests are top notch but I also just love hearing Sara an Kirbie go back and forth. Keep up the good work can’t wait for everything to come!
2. Love kirbie & sara - They are so knowledgeable and fun about all things beauty. It’s difficult to find beauty related content that is science based and not full of grifty, woo-woo false claims, but gloss Angeles is a great podcast to hear about products and beauty trends for what they are. Love you!
3. Literally-UGH. - Had to stop listening after only a few episodes. First, for the same reason I stopped listening to morbid. PLEASE stop saying literally every other word. No, it’s not literally like at the speed of light or whatever. Not only are using the word incorrectly, but so repetitively. Get a thesaurus & learn some new words & sound more informed. Also, the name dropping & the insistence on cosmetic procedures, as if everyone can afford those is so tone deaf considering the state of the average consumer right now.
4. I loved this podcast until now! - I have been listening to this podcast for a while now and I have always found it so insightful and fun. I’ve learned so much about skincare! I got excited about the episode about products to use and not use during pregnancy UNTIL Kirby gave an intro and said that “not just women can give birth, and there are birthing people” what?!? I feel this was completely ignorant, incorrect and misleading. Aside from how people feel about their gender identity etc. biology has shown that ONLY WOMEN CAN GIVE BIRTH. A women’s body was designed for it. Men’s anatomy was never designed to produce, carry and birth a fetus/baby regardless of them feeling and identifying as a woman. This trend of being woke and being an ally and simply accepting and agreeing with false information is not something I can respect. There wasn’t a need for this comment in the intro at all. They could have just introduced the Derm and Gyn and started the episode. So annoyed that the episode started like that. Ugh
5. Grammar issue - I LOVE this podcast - the hosts are super entertaining and knowledgeable. The only issue I have is that neither one of them uses the word ‘an’ before a word that starts with a vowel. It should be ‘an’ esthetician, ‘an’ eyebrow pencil, ‘an’ eyeshadow palette. Such a small issue and yet it never fails to drive me nuts .
Otherwise, I think this podcast is great and such an awesome resource for beauty lovers like myself!
6. Some are informative, many are cringe - I’ve enjoyed this podcast in that I’ve learned about the beauty marketplace and new launches, but I probably only finish maybe % of the episodes due to some cringe factor (weirdly, there are several). Listeners beware, there is a lot of privilege dropped in a self-unaware way. They love their luxury products that they don’t pay for, and Kirbie is an open advocate for plastic surgery and expensive treatments, which I’ve overall found a little triggering. I sometimes take breaks from listening when I find myself homing in on something I don’t like about my skin, lips, etc. This podcast skews my perspective (in a bad way) when I listen too consistently.
7. A New Favorite! - Have a question about anything beauty related? Kirbie and Sara have got you covered. Whether you’re well versed in the makeup / skincare world, or looking for the perfect way to dive into all things beauty, this is a must-listen podcast for you!Kirbie and Sara do an incredible job leading engaging conversations with industry leaders and influencers and every. single. episode. is jam-packed with helpful takeaways. Highly recommend listening and subscribing!
8. Hands down, the best beauty podcast on earth - Where do I even begin with Gloss Angeles? First of all, Kirbie and Sarah are like the super cool older sisters that you’d wanna be bffs with cause they’ll tell you all their beauty secrets and the insider tips. I love their voices and I love their friendship. Like let me tell you, Kirbie and Sarah are THE “it” girls. They get the most special guests and ask such thoughtful questions. Not only do they have great chemistry with each other, but also with the guests as well. I’d sell my kidney to be able to hang out w these gal pals for like a day. Give this podcast a listen and I promise you’ll never wanna stop!!!
9. Talk More About Inexpensive Products Please!! - Wonderful and informative beauty podcast. However, please consider talking more about drugstore/reasonably priced products! I absolutely love listening to you, and I love product reviews, but I can’t afford anything you talk about! I’m sure I’m not the only listener who feels this way. Come on ladies, I’m sure you have a wealth of knowledge about drugstore makeup and skincare. I still love this podcast!
Savanna Boda, better known as The Dallas Aesthetician, is a Medical Aesthetician who focuses on ethical and results driven aesthetics. Savanna has trained under Dallas’ Top Plastic Surgeons and Dermatologists prior to opening her own practice. Savanna’s approach combines holistic therapies with medical aesthetics to create an all inclusive experience. Her teachings include the importance of internal health and external practices to achieve healthy skin. If there is one word to describe sav...
Release date: 2023-03-13
1. Love love love - This podcast is so fun yet so informative. A friend of mine told me about Savanna because she used to be a client of hers wayyy back in the day when she first started and I’m in esthetician school so she told me about her and that’s how I found this podcast. I enjoy all of the content you put out but this is just so fun and I love it on my long drive to school every day! Thanks for working so much to help us all learn and grow our businesses! You’re killing it and it’s inspiring
2. Far better estis out there to follow/listen to - I have been following Savanna since the very beginning of her career until recently. I was a big fan of Savanna for the longest time and couldn’t wait for Mondays to listen to her podcasts! I’m an esthetician and let me tell you: there are FAR better estheticians to look up to, listen to, and follow than her. She downgrades what % of estheticians do and has horrible, negative messages that I cannot stand to hear anymore. She trashes so many brands and estheticians. She publicly talks bad about relaxing spa facials, HydraFacials (even though she performs them), certain skincare brands, etc. Basically if you’re aren’t a medical esthetician selling SkinBetter, you aren’t going to make it in the esthetics field. This is completely FALSE! I’m the owner of a very successful relaxing facial spa in Ohio and I have plenty of clients who PREFER the relaxing type of facials/treatments. If clients want something more intense I refer them out to a local medspa but majority still come back because they like the relaxing experience and send me referrals. It’s all about how you treat your clients and the experience you give them. Her messages are so negative all the time. She’s a bully to other estis if someone doesn’t agree with her. There are so many estheticians on Instagram and podcasts who don’t trash other estheticians or brands and actually EDUCATE you on how to scale your business and grow your own clientele. ESTIS, please do yourself a favor and follow: @glowskincarela,@skinandthecitypodcast, @agelessashley, @goodskincircle, @myestytessa, @mariah_esty
3. I used to love - I used to love listen to this show every week when it was done by a LICENSED esthetician. It’s lost some of its credibility to me and I don’t enjoy listening anymore. Sad. I’ll be happy to listen again when it goes back to being a show hosted by a licensed professional and not a professional and a friend.
4. Love Savanna and her podcast so much! - I started listening to this podcast and following Savanna when I thought I wanted to go to school for esthetics. I changed my mind because I realized it was not my passion but I continued to listen to this podcast because I just love Savanna. I love her humor and vulnerability. I’m so sad because I am up to date on this podcast now. I started it last month and am up to date. She’s so relatable, funny, vulnerable, and honest. Thank you Savanna for being you and having this podcast! I also love Retinol Ricky and Tyler!
5. Longer Episodes Pleaseee!!! - I’m not even an esti but this is my favorite podcast!! Found it back in April and binged every episode. Not only has Savanna helped me perfect my skincare routine (and introduced me to Skinbetter which is game-changing), but she is just so fun to listen to! I love how real she is. That’s hard to come by these days. We are the same age so she’s even more relatable. But she seems so mature, put together, and successful which is so inspiring to me. I love this podcast whether she’s taking about skin, mental health, or just life! Please keep them coming! You’re such a role model to me!
6. Louisville aesthetics daileyskyn - I just love how she is her self and professional at the same time!! I’m only on episode I wanna hear it all! I got time nothing but time & I can understand everything she saying bc I’m that age right now she was when she first started this in so I can’t relate without lost she talking about it’s dope how early she got started and didn’t play! My dream is to move to Dallas and do it all they right way. Skin care is health and wealth! I love seeing results and making people feel better about there skin. Hopefully I can one day meet this magical women and also work with her. I would love to have her as mentor.
7. YASSSS! - I freaking LOVE authenticity in people and Savanna keeps it real! I’m a new esthetician and I’ve been feeling lost and like I didn’t learn that much from school and I LOVE that Savanna is here to help educate and mentor young babies in the industry - but also just being herself! He’s hilarious, raw, uplifting, and educational! I’ve learned over the years that I’m not everyone’s cup of whiskey but Savanna has helped me understand I can still be myself and also thrive in this industry. This is the best podcast out there!! XOXO
8. You’re the ST - I’ve been following you on social media for a while and finally listened to your podcast!!! It’s been so refreshing learning more about you (we have so many similar stories it’s frightening) and see how real you’ve been from the jump! Much love from your Virgo future esti sis.
9. If I could give more than stars I would!!!! - You are amazing and so knowledgeable!!! I really enjoy listening to your podcast it’s not stuffy and boring. I love that you are so open and honest. I am the same way. Ps- You’re never allowed to stop doing the podcast. Lol Ig- Resurfacereef_skincare